5E-Ravenloft - Hour of the Knife (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

Hour of the Knife 5e.

An Elegant Brawl Room

How About a Dip?

Initiative:

Dramatis Personae
Derrick [dice]1d20 + 4[/dice]
Bannock [dice]1d20 + 2[/dice]
Khalid [dice]1d20 + 2[/dice]
Wyatt [dice]1d20 + 1[/dice]
Marco [dice]1d20 + 3 [/dice]

Perception:

Dramatis Personae
Derrick [dice]1d20 + 6[/dice]
Bannock [dice]1d20 + 3[/dice]
Khalid [dice]1d20 + 1[/dice]
Wyatt [dice]1d20 + 6[/dice]
Marco [dice]1d20 + 0 [/dice]


401 to 450 of 1,412 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Half Vistani Wizard 6 AC: 15 HP: 38/38 Pass Per: 17 Pass Investigate: 21 Spells: DC 15 1st: 4/4 2nd: 3/3 3rd: 3/3

"Everyone, I think the victim may have just drugged Kensington!!"

Khalid will go through with casting light on a pebble and dropping it into the ally.


Shadow's Status

Round 2 - 72 Hours+

Derrick stabs the fogure in the alley drawing a hiss of pain from his stab. The figure ducks Derrick's kick though.

Hearing Khalid's words Marco stands and spins the the victim attacking her with full force.

Dark Powers & Marco:
Rapier Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Rapier Dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
SS Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
SS Dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Both of his weapons miss their intended target no doubt due to the great loss of blood he suffered at the hands of the woman's companion in the alleyway.

Dunstan drops his pistol and spins drawing his Longsword to attack the woman who has struck his friend and ally.

Dark Powers & Dunstan:
Long Sword 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Dunstan's Longsword connects slicing a large gash in her arm, to which the woman barely even reacts though blood does spring forth from the blow!

Korgan, still confused by the chaotic scene before him draws his weapon but awaits the outcome of the next several tense moments.

Kensignton stumbles backwards swinging his fist wildly at the woman.

Dark Powers ONLY:
Fists 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Damage 1 + 4 = 5

Kensognton connects with the woman right of the jaw snapping her head back.

Still the woman spins and attempts to strike the Soldier with the pin yet again.

Dark Powers ONLY:
Villain in Disguise Attack vs. Kensignton - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Needle Damage 1d2 ⇒ 1 Serpent Venom 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 5) = 13

By the time the light strikes the alleyway Derrick sees the figure has moved to the end of the alleyway seeking to escape!


Human Male Bard 3 | HP = 8/18 | AC = 12 | Init +1 | Per +6 Str -1, Dex +3, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +4, Cha +5

Wyatt, seeing Marco in obviously critical condition heals him with a song of light.

Cure Wounds 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Marco feels the wave of positive energy flow through his being giving him a return of vitality.


Shadow's Status

Round 3 - Initiative
1. Derrick. Do you give chase or strike the villain nearest to you?
2. Marco.
3. Korgan
4. Dunstan.
5. Kensignton.
6. Dark Powers.
7. Wyatt.
8. Khalid.


AC16 HP 39/[39] passive perception 12 passive insight 12 Saves: S+6 D+3 Cn+4 I-1 W+2 Ch+1 Male Human Noble Soldier Fighter/4 Champion

Dunstan feels that hitting a woman with his fist is perhaps more humane than using a sword.

He punches her and then stoops to pick up his pistol.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 for 1 + 4 = 5 damage.


Male Human Rogue Assassin (Criminal) 6, HP: 37/37, AC: 19 (20-duel wielder)(20-SS Quick); Saves: Dex +7, Int +6; Perception: +6; Initiative: +4

Round 3, Cunning Action, Sneak Attack; If Derrick gives chase, then so will Marco. Marco will attack the fleeing enemy if within reach. In the event that Derrick does not give chase, then Marco will attack the woman, applying Sneak Att damage due to allies within 5 feet.

Rapier Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Rapier Dam: 1d8 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 3 + (2, 3) = 15
SS Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
SS Dam: 1d6 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (3, 5) = 17

After either attack, Marco will disengage with a bonus action.


Init +2 | HP 10/26 | AC 17(19) | S+6/D+2/C+4/I+1/W+0/C+3 | Perc +0 | 2Wnd: 1 | Spells(1st): 1/2 | HD: d10 (1/1) d8 (2/2) | Insp: [ ]

Unsure what to do, Korgan says, "My apologies if this is wrong, m'lady..." and attempts to bonk the woman over the head with his sword.

Going for a KO rather than a kill if I drop her.

Longsword 2H: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12, Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Tiefling Slayer 2 | HP 0/24 | AC 18, touch 14, FF 14; CMD 20 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +5, Perception +6 (darkvision 60 ft.)

Derrick pauses for a moment to reassess his surroundings, having heard more fighting from behind him. Glancing back to see the others have it in hand, though, he dashes after the fleeing fiend. He is glad, though, that he senses Marco moving alongside him, happy to have a friend.

I'm hoping he's in range of a normal move so I can attack again, but if Id have to Dash to keep up, Derrick does so.

Shortsword Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Half Vistani Wizard 6 AC: 15 HP: 38/38 Pass Per: 17 Pass Investigate: 21 Spells: DC 15 1st: 4/4 2nd: 3/3 3rd: 3/3

"Not so fast!!" Khalid casts magic missile using a 1st level slot, directing all three missiles at the fleeing figure.

Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 1) + 3 = 8


Shadow's Status

Round 3

Even surrounded, Korgan's strike misses the woman who seems to have a sense for the foes around her.

Dunstan's strike lands solidly in her shoulder but she rolls with it seeming to avoid some of the impact.

She drops the needle and attempts to push past Kensignton to make a run for it

Dark Powers ONLY:
Overrun 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15. Kensignton 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21.
Kensignton Grapple. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

but the Soldier manages to grapple her instead pinning her arms at her sides. "Cease your struggles woman!"

Meanwhile, Derrick and Marco charge hard after the assailant and manage to wound him blood coating their weapons from the successful strike.

The creature grunts in a voice like a man and begins to run up the walls!

Still his escape is hampered by the magical powers of Khalid whose missiles land solidly in the attackers body.

The dark figure is now 30' up the side of the building, the same height as Khalid but 60' away from Khalid at the end of the alley.


Human Male Bard 3 | HP = 8/18 | AC = 12 | Init +1 | Per +6 Str -1, Dex +3, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +4, Cha +5

Wyatt casts a spell at the woman, which seems to have no effect!

Wyatt looks at her his head cocked, "Again my spell of holding has failed!"


Shadow's Status

Round 4 - Initiative
1. Derrick.
2. Marco.
Both Derrick and Marco are 30' below the villain in the alley as he has just run up the wall..
3. Korgan
4. Dunstan.
5. Kensignton.
6. Dark Powers.
7. Wyatt.
8. Khalid.
You are at the same height as the villain near the top of the building but 60' away.

Kensignton has the woman grappled while the rest of our Heroes have both he and her flanked.


Male Human Rogue Assassin (Criminal) 6, HP: 37/37, AC: 19 (20-duel wielder)(20-SS Quick); Saves: Dex +7, Int +6; Perception: +6; Initiative: +4

Round 4

Marco quickly draws his hand crossbow and fires a shot at the climbing man.

HXBow Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
HXBow Dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Init +2 | HP 10/26 | AC 17(19) | S+6/D+2/C+4/I+1/W+0/C+3 | Perc +0 | 2Wnd: 1 | Spells(1st): 1/2 | HD: d10 (1/1) d8 (2/2) | Insp: [ ]

Korgan visibly winces at his own conflicted feelings as he again tries to knock out the woman with his pommel.

Longsword 2H: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21, Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Tiefling Slayer 2 | HP 0/24 | AC 18, touch 14, FF 14; CMD 20 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +5, Perception +6 (darkvision 60 ft.)

Derrick curses under his breath and drops his non-silver sword, using the hand to toss a throwing knife at the man instead...
Dart Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
...before propelling himself into the air, seeking purchase on the walls and hoping he can give chase.
Athletics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Male Half Vistani Wizard 6 AC: 15 HP: 38/38 Pass Per: 17 Pass Investigate: 21 Spells: DC 15 1st: 4/4 2nd: 3/3 3rd: 3/3

"Oh shit." Khalid whispers under his breath as he sees the killer climb unto the roof with him.

In anticipation of an attack, he'll cast

Blur:
Blur
2nd-level illusion
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self
Components: V
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Your body becomes blurred, shifting and wavering to
all who can see you. For the duration, any creature has
disadvantage on attack rolls against you. An attacker
is immune to this effect if it doesn’t rely on sight,
as with blindsight, or can see through illusions, as
with truesight.
.


AC16 HP 39/[39] passive perception 12 passive insight 12 Saves: S+6 D+3 Cn+4 I-1 W+2 Ch+1 Male Human Noble Soldier Fighter/4 Champion

Dunstan tries to punch her out.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 for 5 damage.


Human Male Bard 3 | HP = 8/18 | AC = 12 | Init +1 | Per +6 Str -1, Dex +3, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +4, Cha +5

Wyatt adds the flat of his dagger against the temple of the struggling woman.

Dagger Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Dagger Damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Shadow's Status

Blood pours from the wounds delivered by Marco's latest strike but the foe simply continues to run up to the top of the building.

Derrick begins climbing up the wall but it is slow going gripping the damp walls.

Meanwhile back out on the street, the combined effort of the men manage to bring the woman low. She falls unconscious into Kensignton's arms. He shakes his head to clear it as he places her on the ground, "Whatever was on that needle was quite potent can you assist me Master Bard?" he asks Wyatt.

Round 5 - Initiative
1. Derrick. Do you continue to climb Derrick?
2. Marco.
3. Korgan
4. Dunstan.
5. Kensignton.
6. Dark Powers.
7. Wyatt.
8. Khalid. Do you pursue the villain up to the roof?


Human Male Bard 3 | HP = 8/18 | AC = 12 | Init +1 | Per +6 Str -1, Dex +3, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +4, Cha +5

Wyatt shakes his head, "I did not expect any of us to be poisoned. Shall we pursue the figure in the alley or leave it to the others?"


Male Tiefling Slayer 2 | HP 0/24 | AC 18, touch 14, FF 14; CMD 20 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +5, Perception +6 (darkvision 60 ft.)

Derrick grunts and grits his teeth, straining to keep his grip and ascend the wall despite the damp and wet.

Athletics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Male Human Rogue Assassin (Criminal) 6, HP: 37/37, AC: 19 (20-duel wielder)(20-SS Quick); Saves: Dex +7, Int +6; Perception: +6; Initiative: +4

Round 4

Marco fires another shot at the climbing man.

HXBow Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
HXBow Dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Half Vistani Wizard 6 AC: 15 HP: 38/38 Pass Per: 17 Pass Investigate: 21 Spells: DC 15 1st: 4/4 2nd: 3/3 3rd: 3/3
Dark Powers wrote:


8. Khalid. Do you pursue the villain up to the roof?

I thought that we were both already on the roof. Is that incorrect?


Init +2 | HP 10/26 | AC 17(19) | S+6/D+2/C+4/I+1/W+0/C+3 | Perc +0 | 2Wnd: 1 | Spells(1st): 1/2 | HD: d10 (1/1) d8 (2/2) | Insp: [ ]

Seeing the woman fall and assessing that things here have been made calm, Korgan says "Excuse me..." and darts into the alleyway, where there still sounds like there's trouble.

When I enter the alley, would I see the other guy climbing up? If so, and if I can get within 120ft of him, I'll fire off an Eldritch Blast.

Eldritch Blast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6, Force damage: 1d10 ⇒ 6

-_-'


Shadow's Status
Khalid de la Poer wrote:
Dark Powers wrote:


8. Khalid. Do you pursue the villain up to the roof?
I thought that we were both already on the roof. Is that incorrect?

Incorrect, you were half way to the roof but not all the way to the top. A 60' high building no 30' as the streets are a series of run down tenements.


Male Half Vistani Wizard 6 AC: 15 HP: 38/38 Pass Per: 17 Pass Investigate: 21 Spells: DC 15 1st: 4/4 2nd: 3/3 3rd: 3/3

Okay, gotcha!

Khalid will finish his climb to the top of the roof, where hopefully the moon light will help him keep an eye on his foe.


Shadow's Status

Marco's shot misses the figure as he leaps over the side of the roof right before contact would have been made. Likewise does Korhgan's blast just miss the adversary.

By the time Derrick and Khalid make it to the roof to pursue the figure is gone, as if he had vanished without a trace! The mists of Paridon it seems have enveloped him.

Combat Over

What next gentlemen?


Human Male Bard 3 | HP = 8/18 | AC = 12 | Init +1 | Per +6 Str -1, Dex +3, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +4, Cha +5

Wyatt picks up the needle the woman used to stab Kensignton. It has a flowery design at the other end of the needle. "This appears to be a needle to properly affix a woman's hair". states Wyatt.

"I do not understand, why would she attack Kensington and what should we do with her now?"


Male Human Rogue Assassin (Criminal) 6, HP: 37/37, AC: 19 (20-duel wielder)(20-SS Quick); Saves: Dex +7, Int +6; Perception: +6; Initiative: +4

Marco calls up to Derrick and Khalid on the roof, in a loud whisper.

Did the bugger leave a blood trail?


Male Half Vistani Wizard 6 AC: 15 HP: 38/38 Pass Per: 17 Pass Investigate: 21 Spells: DC 15 1st: 4/4 2nd: 3/3 3rd: 3/3

Damnation. This creature is more elusive than Flickerflame himself." The wizard nods down to his companions on the ground."We shall see Marco."

Khalid casts light on the end of his quarter staff and then also casts detect magic.

Investigation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Shadow's Status

Khalid casts light on his staff and begins to examine the roof. The blood trail ends at the far end of the building, peering over the edge Khalid does not see anything on the wall or the alleyway beneath.

With a keen eye you begin to scan the area for magic. Faint traces of illusion magic flicker in the area but the trace is fleeting indicating that the magic and user are not currently in the area.

This villain, if it is not human as Wyatt has postulated, bleeds and uses magic to achieve its aims so it would appear that it can be killed, if your group can get it to stay put! It powers are clearly not supernatural in nature but instead of magical origins.

I do not have the books here at work so I am winging the functions of Detect Magic GM Fiat.


AC16 HP 39/[39] passive perception 12 passive insight 12 Saves: S+6 D+3 Cn+4 I-1 W+2 Ch+1 Male Human Noble Soldier Fighter/4 Champion

What do you have? Can we track the blighter?


Shadow's Status

Khalid, you may be able to track him but it would involve potentially jumping from building to building, a dangerous possibility.

As Dunstan calls up to Khalid and the rest of the group consider what to do with the young woman, out from the Mists step a patrol of four Guards.

The lead guard speaks, "Wot is this then gentlemen? I know the Inspector seems to be fine with yer lot walking these streets but if this woman is passed out in the street we'll handle 'er from 'ere".


Init +2 | HP 10/26 | AC 17(19) | S+6/D+2/C+4/I+1/W+0/C+3 | Perc +0 | 2Wnd: 1 | Spells(1st): 1/2 | HD: d10 (1/1) d8 (2/2) | Insp: [ ]

Korgan just stands and blinks, not sure what to make of everything going on around him.


Male Human Rogue Assassin (Criminal) 6, HP: 37/37, AC: 19 (20-duel wielder)(20-SS Quick); Saves: Dex +7, Int +6; Perception: +6; Initiative: +4

Quite the opposite...we came to the molly's aid when she appeared t'be chased by the killer. Turns out, she stuck our boy here in the neck with somethin' that put 'im down. Couple othets o'us wounded the killer, and he bled all o'er afore takin' to the rooftops.


Human Male Bard 3 | HP = 8/18 | AC = 12 | Init +1 | Per +6 Str -1, Dex +3, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +4, Cha +5

Wyatt picks up the needle dripping with Kensignton's blood. "Here is the weapon", he says handing it over to the Constables.


Shadow's Status

"Alright, we'll haul her in then. I'll need one a yah fer questions. In tha' meantime, you men stay 'ere and 'elp these 'Gents sweep the area. If that is tha' killer like ya say and ya hurt 'em, now is the time to close in on 'em!"


Human Male Bard 3 | HP = 8/18 | AC = 12 | Init +1 | Per +6 Str -1, Dex +3, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +4, Cha +5

"I'll go with you Constable. Once I make the report I will find the rest of you at the Twin Sons Pub, sound like a plan?"


Shadow's Status

The Captain among the Constables ties off the hands and feet of the woman that attacked Kensignton and hoists her over his shoulder, the needle safely secured in his coat pocket.

The three Constables hustle through the alleyways to sweep for the villain.

Korgan, a new face stands in your midst. There may be no time to engage with him though if you wish to try to track that attacker down!


AC16 HP 39/[39] passive perception 12 passive insight 12 Saves: S+6 D+3 Cn+4 I-1 W+2 Ch+1 Male Human Noble Soldier Fighter/4 Champion

You man - you saw it all didn't you? Why don't you come with us?, Dunstan says to Korgan. Where are you from? Do you live here?


Male Human Rogue Assassin (Criminal) 6, HP: 37/37, AC: 19 (20-duel wielder)(20-SS Quick); Saves: Dex +7, Int +6; Perception: +6; Initiative: +4

Aye, let's go, newbie. Nothin' like a good ole' fashioned fox hunt!


Init +2 | HP 10/26 | AC 17(19) | S+6/D+2/C+4/I+1/W+0/C+3 | Perc +0 | 2Wnd: 1 | Spells(1st): 1/2 | HD: d10 (1/1) d8 (2/2) | Insp: [ ]

"I, uh, wha..." Korgan stammers. "I was in Kenabres, wandered into some strange mist, and now I'm here, in a place I don't recognize, surrounded by people who don't look like they're from Kenabres. What's going on here, anyway?"


Human Male Bard 3 | HP = 8/18 | AC = 12 | Init +1 | Per +6 Str -1, Dex +3, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +4, Cha +5

Wyatt looks to you Korgan, "We will explain all this evening at the Twin Sons Pub. Please help us catch this killer then we can find out what is happening to you and perhaps what happened to another stranger who came and went, Gavin".

He then walks off with the Constable, the woman slung over his shoulder for questioning and likely, prosecution.


Male Half Vistani Wizard 6 AC: 15 HP: 38/38 Pass Per: 17 Pass Investigate: 21 Spells: DC 15 1st: 4/4 2nd: 3/3 3rd: 3/3
Dunstan Gossington-Gorth wrote:
What do you have? Can we track the blighter?

"I'm picking up faint traces of illusion magic and a trail of blood. We could follow the blood but.." Khalid peaks over the roof top far down to the alley below and gulps audibly. "I don't think that I am could follow it far."


Shadow's Status

Make Investigation rolls to try and track this Killer down.


Male Human Rogue Assassin (Criminal) 6, HP: 37/37, AC: 19 (20-duel wielder)(20-SS Quick); Saves: Dex +7, Int +6; Perception: +6; Initiative: +4

Investigation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

DOH!


Init +2 | HP 10/26 | AC 17(19) | S+6/D+2/C+4/I+1/W+0/C+3 | Perc +0 | 2Wnd: 1 | Spells(1st): 1/2 | HD: d10 (1/1) d8 (2/2) | Insp: [ ]

Investigation: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20


Male Half Vistani Wizard 6 AC: 15 HP: 38/38 Pass Per: 17 Pass Investigate: 21 Spells: DC 15 1st: 4/4 2nd: 3/3 3rd: 3/3

Investigation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Tiefling Slayer 2 | HP 0/24 | AC 18, touch 14, FF 14; CMD 20 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +5, Perception +6 (darkvision 60 ft.)

Derrick checks his surroundings on the rooftop before heading back down to the streets, carefully, and continuing the search there.
Investigation: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Shadow's Status

Between Korgan and Derrick, it becomes obvious that the man jumped across to the other roof, a nearly 10' wide jump. Once you isolate the trail on the adjacent building you are able to determine that he made another 15' jump to yet another adjacent building. From there, he broke into a door and went down the stairs.

In this building though the pool of blood stops at the ground floor. Whether by physical gift or healing magic, the fiend was able to staunch the blood flow.

The Constables knock on a few doors on the first floor but no one heard a thing. The back door to this building allowed him to escape without any of you being able to see him as it is on the next street over on the far side of the alleyway where he and your group traded blows. Kensignton cracks his neck and rubs the spot where he was stabbed, "I wounder if our foe got lucky with this stair leading out thus way or if his knowledge of this neighborhood is simply more thorough than our own".

"Well done gentlemen, perhaps you've a career with the Constublary. Tell us what the figure was dressed like and we will post that description with our brethren".

Another one of the Constables chimes in, "The attacker's wounded, will 'e continue to try te kill again tonight?"

The last Constable chimes in, "Tell me gents, wot de' ya think was the motive fer the lass strikin' out at ye'?"

401 to 450 of 1,412 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / 5E Ravenloft - Hour of the Knife - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.