Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Monday Blog = PaizoCon Signup?


PaizoCon

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, Tales Subscriber

I just wanted to post that there really needs to be much more alarm raising that the Lottery signups are going on right now. Last year the lottery had to be re-run because so few people knew it was happening. This year, if someone didn't get the email about the sign-up there's almost no way to know about it. I'd suggest:

  • A blog.
  • An alert on the PaizoCon page.
  • A link to the events signup where it lists the start time.

    Supreme compliments on the options this year, I just want to make sure everyone has a chance to participate.

  • RPG Superstar 2009, Contributor

    Are the Lottery signups live? I didn't get an email, but maybe that's because I'm tagged as a guest for a couple of panels? I'm on vacation and just checking mail remotely every now and then. I was hoping to sign up for some games once the system went live, though.

    Paizo Employee Digital Products Assistant

    Neil Spicer wrote:
    Are the Lottery signups live? I didn't get an email, but maybe that's because I'm tagged as a guest for a couple of panels? I'm on vacation and just checking mail remotely every now and then. I was hoping to sign up for some games once the system went live, though.

    Lottery sign ups are live. Everyone with a PaizoCon ticket should have received an email notification this morning.

    RPG Superstar 2009, Contributor

    Ah. See...I had a PaizoCon ticket, then had to cancel it due to some unfortunate circumstances at home. I'd given up on attending when Lisa and Jeff invited me as a guest instead. Does that mean I need to repurchase my ticket? Or, are guests meant to be ineligible for the lottery? Because I'd completely understand either of those circumstances being true. I suppose I'm in the same situation with the banquet, as well now.

    Paizo Employee Digital Products Assistant

    Neil Spicer wrote:
    Ah. See...I had a PaizoCon ticket, then had to cancel it due to some unfortunate circumstances at home. I'd given up on attending when Lisa and Jeff invited me as a guest instead. Does that mean I need to repurchase my ticket? Or, are guests meant to be ineligible for the lottery? Because I'd completely understand either of those circumstances being true.

    I double checked and it looks like if you've been added as a guest that makes you ineligible.

    RPG Superstar 2009, Contributor

    I got an email from Jeff and we've worked things out. I'll bow out of the lottery and let the other attendees have any slots I might have won. In the meantime, I can still crash any of the open events that have room. And, I can always join a pick-up game (or start my own) if I want to play something.

    Taldor PaizoCon Founder, Wayfinder Editor-in-Chief

    Neil Spicer wrote:
    I got an email from Jeff and we've worked things out. I'll bow out of the lottery and let the other attendees have any slots I might have won. In the meantime, I can still crash any of the open events that have room. And, I can always join a pick-up game (or start my own) if I want to play something.

    If you start your own, count me in....it's been sort of a nice tradition to wind up in one of your games! ;-)

    RPG Superstar 2009, Contributor

    Heh. Duly noted. :-)

    Shadow Lodge

    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Hey Chris, not sure if the VOs got the notification. I knew about sign-up, but I did not see an e-mail about it.

    Paizo Employee Digital Products Assistant

    MisterSlanky wrote:
    Hey Chris, not sure if the VOs got the notification. I knew about sign-up, but I did not see an e-mail about it.

    Checking your account, it looks like we sent you an email about event signups and the surprise additional event to the lottery to your gmail account.


    Majuba wrote:

    ...

  • An alert on the PaizoCon page.
  • A link to the events signup where it lists the start time.

    Supreme compliments on the options this year, I just want to make sure everyone has a chance to participate.

  • I had to look, but there is one under the events link.

    EDIT: & I just got an email :)

    Shadow Lodge

    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Chris Lambertz wrote:
    MisterSlanky wrote:
    Hey Chris, not sure if the VOs got the notification. I knew about sign-up, but I did not see an e-mail about it.
    Checking your account, it looks like we sent you an email about event signups and the surprise additional event to the lottery to your gmail account.

    Strange. Now I will have to check spam.

    Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

    We also sent an email on June 4 to all non-guest badgeholders with the subject "PaizoCon 2012 Event Signup Begins This Week!"

    Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

    Oh, and we also sent another one today to non-guest badgeholders who have not yet submitted any lottery selections.

    Osirion

    Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, Tales Subscriber

    Awesome - I figured you had plans to handle it, but I was concerned.

    See you in three weeks!

    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / PaizoCon / Monday Blog = PaizoCon Signup? All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.