Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

156,451 to 156,500 of 156,776 << first < prev | 3125 | 3126 | 3127 | 3128 | 3129 | 3130 | 3131 | 3132 | 3133 | 3134 | 3135 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm usually in pain just thinking about Chicago.

I don't like the idea of being nekkid and in Chicago while in pain.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm usually in pain just thinking about driving.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I like porridge.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Should probably take a nap today. Been burning the candle at both ends and what not.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I should be napping right now...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Yeah, taking Tiny T-Rex to school right now, then immediately after that I have to take the dog out and then grab my trash can after garbage pickup before someone dumps a bunch of garbage in it.

Then maybe, I can take a nap.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I should not nap today...


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:

Yeah, taking Tiny T-Rex to school right now, then immediately after that I have to take the dog out and then grab my trash can after garbage pickup before someone dumps a bunch of garbage in it.

Then maybe, I can take a nap.

I am unfortunately not likely to get one...


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Just gotta get through today, and tomorrow I'm taking the kids to their first Con.
Bonus: it's my first Con as well. I'm 42 and I've never been to one before.
My daughter is freaking out because Dr. Crusher is going to be there.
My son is freaking out because Buzz Aldrin is going to be there. (Nine years of teaching and yet I had no idea just how many random facts about Apollo 11 it was possible for one child to memorize.)
I'm just freaking out because tonight I need to make sure I have all the pieces for the costumes they have decided they are wearing, enough snacks so they don't wig out when they get hungry, and I am considering borrowing some leashes from the collies so I don't lose them in the crowd.
I'd, you know, color-match them to their costumes and everything.
(I'm not actually going to do this. But it's tempting.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Just finished mowing my yard for the first time, with my brand-new mower to boot. I ache. It's been over 15 years since I last mowed a yard. Also, I seem to have underestimated the size of the side yard. At least, it sure felt bigger then I was expecting.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
lisamarlene wrote:
(I'm not actually going to do this. But it's tempting.)

I don't see why not...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber
lisamarlene wrote:

Just gotta get through today, and tomorrow I'm taking the kids to their first Con.

Bonus: it's my first Con as well. I'm 42 and I've never been to one before.
My daughter is freaking out because Dr. Crusher is going to be there.
My son is freaking out because Buzz Aldrin is going to be there. (Nine years of teaching and yet I had no idea just how many random facts about Apollo 11 it was possible for one child to memorize.)
I'm just freaking out because tonight I need to make sure I have all the pieces for the costumes they have decided they are wearing, enough snacks so they don't wig out when they get hungry, and I am considering borrowing some leashes from the collies so I don't lose them in the crowd.
I'd, you know, color-match them to their costumes and everything.
(I'm not actually going to do this. But it's tempting.)

Holy carp! Which con? We're traveling en masse (the whole family plus the T-men) to the one in Santa Clara tomorrow (some comic con or something?). If that's the one, we should totally hook up so you can watch Hi's player drool at cosplayers. (It's very sweet and cute, actually...)

EDIT: And yes, I'm afraid you can tell how "excited" I get about cons by the fact that I don't even know which one I'm going to. I know that there are photo ops with Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, Nichelle Nichols, Gina Torres, and apparently a William Shatner sighting, but heck if I know what the con will be all about...

EDIT 2: Ah, thank you, Brent Spiner, for being Googleable. I will apparently be at the Silicon Valley Comic Con for an unknown period tomorrow...


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Hi guys! Changed my mind about dropping in only on Mondays. A few posts every couple of days should be just as good. Just have to pace myself, I guess. So, at least for now, no more days of 40-70 posts. :)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber
John Napier 698 wrote:
Hi guys! Changed my mind about dropping in only on Mondays. A few posts every couple of days should be just as good. Just have to pace myself, I guess. So, at least for now, no more days of 40-70 posts. :)

Quality over quantity my friend...

...or maybe just, "More relaxation over quantity."

I don't post that often, but when I do... meh.

And just because... Orson Welles drunk.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Yeah, taking Tiny T-Rex to school right now, then immediately after that I have to take the dog out and then grab my trash can after garbage pickup before someone dumps a bunch of garbage in it.

Then maybe, I can take a nap.

Do people actually "trash trade" where you live if they miss pick up? That is funny to me... I mean it would be funny if it was not so rude.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I went with cleaning jag over nap with an immediate collapse into bed after work tonight.

Too sunny to take a nap.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber
Crag_Irons wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Yeah, taking Tiny T-Rex to school right now, then immediately after that I have to take the dog out and then grab my trash can after garbage pickup before someone dumps a bunch of garbage in it.

Then maybe, I can take a nap.

Do people actually "trash trade" where you live if they miss pick up? That is funny to me... I mean it would be funny if it was not so rude.

Oh, it's unconscionable around here. If you leave your trash cans street-accessible, people will put anything and everything in them. I've found entire garbage bags of stuff not my own in my relatively-small bin.

The one that incenses me the most is the "dog poop in a thin plastic bag" phenomenon. People use crap bags for their dog crap, the smell leaks through, they decide they don't want to carry such an item any more, so they dispose of it in the nearest-convenient container (yours). Cue several weeks of your garbage can smelling like poop, even though you don't own a dog.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

More than fair!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Andcoffeegottahavecoffee!!

Youcanneverhavetoomuchcoffee!

As the left eye starts to twitch while the right eye wanders slightly off center, with his legs in a perpetual state of bouncing motion.

Yepyepyepnevertoomuchcoffee!


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
(I'm not actually going to do this. But it's tempting.)
I don't see why not...

Probably because people who keep their kids on leashes are almost (but not quite) as bad as people who put their dogs in strollers.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber

OK, duty (well, work) calls, but going through corporate PPTs to try to find content, I am concerned that we should be offering training to women as to how to button their blouses.

I swear, our 'standard' pictures have a huge diversity of men and women of all races, but every single woman in every single shot has a button blouse that is (at most) half-buttoned.

As soon as you notice it you start to wonder, "Wow! Is buttoning your blouse really that hard?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
thegreenteagamer wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
(I'm not actually going to do this. But it's tempting.)
I don't see why not...
Probably because people who keep their kids on leashes are almost (but not quite) as bad as people who put their dogs in strollers.

You speak like these are bad things...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
thegreenteagamer wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
(I'm not actually going to do this. But it's tempting.)
I don't see why not...
Probably because people who keep their kids on leashes are almost (but not quite) as bad as people who put their dogs in strollers.

I can kind of see it if you're elderly or really overweight.

The problem is, the people that put their kids on leashes are almost always not, they're just really, really lazy or can't be bothered paying attention to anyone else.

For the record, I always make people call it a leash when they come in to work looking for "safety harnesses"

"Is that for rock climbing?" "No" "cattle?" "No!" "Have you tried Farm & Fleet?" "It's like a backpack with a tether on it" "Oh! A leash! Like for a dog!" glaring at me now "yes, like a leash"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

*Giggling*

Man, I am such a terrible parent!

*More giggling*


5 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Hi guys! Changed my mind about dropping in only on Mondays. A few posts every couple of days should be just as good. Just have to pace myself, I guess. So, at least for now, no more days of 40-70 posts. :)

Quality over quantity my friend...

...or maybe just, "More relaxation over quantity."

I don't post that often, but when I do... meh.

And just because... Orson Welles drunk.

Thanks. I had a bit of a nightmare, last night. I dreamt that I stopped posting for a week, and when I came back, nobody remembered who I was. *shudder*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:


Holy carp! Which con? We're traveling en masse (the whole family plus the T-men) to the one in Santa Clara tomorrow (some comic con or something?). If that's the one, we should totally hook up so you can watch Hi's player drool at cosplayers. (It's very sweet and cute, actually...)

EDIT: And yes, I'm afraid you can tell how "excited" I get about cons by the fact that I don't even know which one I'm going to. I know that there are photo ops with Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, Nichelle Nichols, Gina Torres, and apparently a William Shatner sighting, but heck if I know what the con will be all about...

EDIT 2: Ah, thank you, Brent Spiner, for being Googleable. I will apparently be at the Silicon Valley Comic Con for an unknown period tomorrow...

Yes,we're going to WozCon. Or SVCC.

We should get there around noon because we can't drive down until after ballet, and that ends at 10:15.
Little miss "almost-six-going-on-sixteen" is going as Dale Evans / Wonder Woman again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Hi guys! Changed my mind about dropping in only on Mondays. A few posts every couple of days should be just as good. Just have to pace myself, I guess. So, at least for now, no more days of 40-70 posts. :)

Quality over quantity my friend...

...or maybe just, "More relaxation over quantity."

I don't post that often, but when I do... meh.

And just because... Orson Welles drunk.

Thanks. I had a bit of a nightmare, last night. I dreamt that I stopped posting for a week, and when I came back, nobody remembered who I was. *shudder*

Let's all just steal Captain Yesterday's shtick! He probably stole it from Krusty The Clown anyway!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also, "What the Con will be all about" seems to be "I'm Steve Wozniak and I CAN."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Incidentally, for about a year and a half, our Eldest had a backpack (which he loved) with a leash (which Mommy and I loved).

I just want to be clear.

Because, guys, we loved this thing.

A few months back, our son even found it again (Heaven only knows how or where), and wanted to put it back on, but it was way too small, and that made him sad.

I sincerely do not care who knows that we used this. And yes, it was definitely a leash, and it is exactly like the kind you use for a dog, except it had a body-based lock instead of a neck-based one.

It was one of the most important items we had for that guy, because he would try to slip our grip and run to see something fascinating, and this ensured that he never really was able to do that, and we didn't have to have a continuous vice-grip on his hands (both of which would have been bad for him); plus, it allowed him to explore and feel a little more "free" than he otherwise would have - so, if he asked, we'd let go of his hand and let him look around, but he could fundamentally never leave our sight or really our reach (it wasn't a very long leash).

Instead, we held one hand, he might try to slip away, but couldn't get too far, and we could either calmly collect him, or (politely) ask the person we were talking with to excuse us while we took care of our child.

Full arms? No problem.

Complex or tricky situation requiring two hands, but needing to care for an active two-year-old? No problem.

Anyone who wants to judge me for that can feel quite free to do so, because I, as a parent, was suuuuuuuuuuuper free to do literally any physical task I needed to, while ensuring that my kid was both safe and had just a tiny bit of autonomy to explore not-too-far-away.

I mean, don't get me wrong, before I had kids, I, too, used to judge people who used the thing. And, you know, my parents never used it for me, and I somehow survived.

But now I also look at my childhood pictures, see a kid that looks nearly identical to my Eldest, and go, "OH MY WORD, WHERE IS THAT CHILD'S SEAT BELT, HE'S GOING TO GET KILLE- oh, wait." so, you know. Different times and different standards.

But seriously, I really don't care if any of you know that I used that thing. One of the best gifts we ever received for that kid - lasted longer than most of the others, too.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
lisamarlene wrote:
Also, "What the Con will be all about" seems to be "I'm Steve Wozniak and I CAN."

Truly, the best thing to build a con around!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thanks, Cap'n, for making me laugh.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Speaking of caffeination:

5:30 AM wakeup
8:00 - 5:00 PM shift
5:00 - 12:00 AM regular stuff
12:00 AM till whenever (likely 6:00 AM) Amonkhet prerelease
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM shift

Not much room for sleep in there, the next 36 hours or thereabouts . . . .

Blue Agave Full Throttle -- For gamers of discerning palate!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
thegreenteagamer wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
(I'm not actually going to do this. But it's tempting.)
I don't see why not...
Probably because people who keep their kids on leashes are almost (but not quite) as bad as people who put their dogs in strollers.

I can kind of see it if you're elderly or really overweight.

The problem is, the people that put their kids on leashes are almost always not, they're just really, really lazy or can't be bothered paying attention to anyone else.

For the record, I always make people call it a leash when they come in to work looking for "safety harnesses"

"Is that for rock climbing?" "No" "cattle?" "No!" "Have you tried Farm & Fleet?" "It's like a backpack with a tether on it" "Oh! A leash! Like for a dog!" glaring at me now "yes, like a leash"

I train people at my job for safety harness use. They work at heights of 30 ft. They would not like me if I called it a leash. Oh, that is the point you were making, never mind then.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

OK, duty (well, work) calls, but going through corporate PPTs to try to find content, I am concerned that we should be offering training to women as to how to button their blouses.

I swear, our 'standard' pictures have a huge diversity of men and women of all races, but every single woman in every single shot has a button blouse that is (at most) half-buttoned.

As soon as you notice it you start to wonder, "Wow! Is buttoning your blouse really that hard?"

Oh, do not even get me started on the horror that is button up blouses. Button it all the way up? No thanks, I like breathing. (Being female does not automatically give me a tiny neck) And as a large busted woman the choice is to wear a blouse so big that it looks super casual or to deal with the gapping and pulling at the chest which looks super tacky, so the only real solution is to wear a tank top underneath and button the blouse to just below the boobs. Or sew a blouse from scratch that can actually fit the shoulders and chest at the same time. But that's harder to do than it sounds because adjusting the sleeves to fit after you adjust the pattern that much requires advanced mathematics. So I've given up on button up blouses altogether.

So yes, yes it really is that hard >.<


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

No one's judging you Tacticslion.

Thank you for your perspective. :-)


4 people marked this as a favorite.

My parents used a leash for me when I was a toddler. And that was the late seventies so it might have been an actual dog leash. :P
I was that kid. The no fear race straight into danger kid. My sisters never needed it because they had a sense of self preservation. Not me! :)
I did consider using one for the kidlet when he was little, but he was little mister cautious so it wasn't strictly necessary.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I was once threatened with a child-leash.

But then I was a high schooler who kept wandering off during a museum field trip.

(I DO love art, but I'm picky and I tend not to linger at each piece the way that other artsies do, so sue me for pressing onward!)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Hi guys! Changed my mind about dropping in only on Mondays. A few posts every couple of days should be just as good. Just have to pace myself, I guess. So, at least for now, no more days of 40-70 posts. :)

Quality over quantity my friend...

...or maybe just, "More relaxation over quantity."

I don't post that often, but when I do... meh.

And just because... Orson Welles drunk.

That makes me want to watch one of my very favorite movies again.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0059012/


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
No one's judging you Tacticslion.

Raises hand eagerly

I'm judging him! I'm judging him!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
No one's judging you Tacticslion.

Raises hand eagerly

I'm judging him! I'm judging him!

Wait yer turn!

Damn kids today...

looks sternly at the initiative order.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm at c2e2...

;_;

I wish I was by you...


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:

No one's judging you Tacticslion.

Thank you for your perspective. :-)

Aw, thanks, I-

NobodysHome wrote:

Raises hand eagerly

I'm judging him! I'm judging him!

õ.o

You... would be, wouldn't you.

...

...

...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(´ー`)

This is like the fifth time I've used that shrugging icon in as many days. I... I just don't know anymore, guys.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Bleh. Dislocated hip this morning means that the only errand I'm taking care of today is taking the kidlet to Jujitsu later on. And cleaning is right out too. I'm trying to do projects that involve typing, but it's slow going because my hand is still healing from dislocating my thumb so many times this week.....This is one of those I just want to cry and give up kind of days. :(


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

:(

Hugs and prayers!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thanks, TL. I just needed to have a mini-pity-party. I do that sometimes. I hit the end of my rope and just need to acknowledge that this sucks and I'm really upset about it. That's the hard part about chronic illness. It doesn't go away and it doesn't get better. So I let myself whine a little bit. And then I can go back to remembering that not everything sucks just because some things do. :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Just gotta get through today, and tomorrow I'm taking the kids to their first Con.

Bonus: it's my first Con as well. I'm 42 and I've never been to one before.
My daughter is freaking out because Dr. Crusher is going to be there.
My son is freaking out because Buzz Aldrin is going to be there. (Nine years of teaching and yet I had no idea just how many random facts about Apollo 11 it was possible for one child to memorize.)
I'm just freaking out because tonight I need to make sure I have all the pieces for the costumes they have decided they are wearing, enough snacks so they don't wig out when they get hungry, and I am considering borrowing some leashes from the collies so I don't lose them in the crowd.
I'd, you know, color-match them to their costumes and everything.
(I'm not actually going to do this. But it's tempting.)

CONGRATULATIONS

Every con is someone's first con.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
Bleh. Dislocated hip this morning means that the only errand I'm taking care of today is taking the kidlet to Jujitsu later on. And cleaning is right out too. I'm trying to do projects that involve typing, but it's slow going because my hand is still healing from dislocating my thumb so many times this week.....This is one of those I just want to cry and give up kind of days. :(

Yowch :( Get well (or well-er, anyway) soon!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Get well, Lynora!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It turns out a headache tipped the scales to nap.

It was the right decision.

I feel well rested and ready to drink some more coffee.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber
lynora wrote:
...I just needed to have a mini-pity-party...

If you go to White Castle does it become a mini-patty-party?

156,451 to 156,500 of 156,776 << first < prev | 3125 | 3126 | 3127 | 3128 | 3129 | 3130 | 3131 | 3132 | 3133 | 3134 | 3135 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.