Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Flamifur's Shackled City


Play-by-Post

51 to 100 of 231 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Suddenly drooling at the thought of grog, Stilgar diplomatically says that: "Me not uncooperative...what say we follow the suggestion of Kellen and find this worker place, so we can have a place to meet up in? Then everyone can go about their own errands..."

Nudges Nik and whispers: "Me hopes this place gots nice grog. 'Sides the Brawler will probably bless us if we raise a mug or two in His name and make it easier to find His place."

I know I have int 8 and cha 6, but hey my wis is 12 and grog sounds very reasonable at the moment


Female Half-elf Druid 1

"Blah blah blah... let's just go! I never known fellers t' gab so much; y'r like milkmaids or sumthin'!" Jessa fumes before stalking off in a huff.


male Human ranger 1

"I'm in. The worker's rest it is."

Andoran

Heh..the workers rest area sounds good to me...heh...lets just go..its seems we have been standing here forever, heh... does anyone have any cheezeeee..I have this weird craving for cheezeeee.....heh....


Kellen Wrensler wrote:


"Thanks for your help, Mr. Ragrinson. Since I'm not sure of what Plantation office to sign on with, can you suggest one you trust?" This last comment I say with a slight grin.

Ragrinson's forhead creases with concentration. 'Hmmn. My advice is to find a caravan going all the way to Cauldron otherwise you could find yourselves stuck in Kingfisher Hollow with 25 miles of jungle road to cover on your own ! I've recommended Coloured Carousel Trading to other parties before and had no complaints - perhaps no one lived to complain, eh ?'

Kellen Wrensler wrote:


"Also, if we are to join these caravans, will we be needing to arm ourselves with these polearms you mention? Given that I am now a few coins shorter, I was hoping to continue my travels with the arms I have." Again, trying to be light-hearted about this situation.

'Them pikes are used buy groups of trained men to keep the larger flesh tearers at bay - caravans travel with dozens of them. If you all had one and used 'em together to you might keep a beastie at bay. Then again... they're as good as any weapon against the smaller, quicker ones and the big beasties are almost immune to them. My advice is to stick to what you know although having a couple of them to hand may help. Fire is just as useful - that's why some of them have torches on them'

Kellen Wrensler wrote:


One more inquiry also - do I recognize the Black Lion Coat of Arms or what they might be transporting?

You identify the coat of arms as that of Keoland.


I hope Psionic Fox will forgive me for remote-piloting Erion whilst he's 'away'.

Erion takes no part in the polearm discussion spending most of his time looking up and down the docks for something.

'I have some business to take care of. Should I meet you at this 'Worker's Rest' at dusk ? And would one of you deign to accompany me ?'


I'm assuming you gys are now going to go off and do stuff around town. meeting up at a pre-arranged time at the Worker's Rest.

Could you post what you want to achieve/find/buy and a Gather Information Roll. If you pair off one GI roll is made for the pair with a +2 bonus if the second character succeeds in a GI roll vs. DC 10.

If someone wants to accompany Erion let me know.

If you want to buy stuff assume that anything under 10GP in value is available but at 50% more in cost because it's been imported. Items which reasonably could be produced locally (wooden items and locally produced foodstuff) will be available at normal price.

I'm assuming you'll all be looking for a caravan to join and will have your ears open for info on Cauldron so you you don't have to specify that.

Andoran

"Erion,I'll go along with you my new friend heh....maybe I can be of some help heh...."
Gather Info (1d20+7=25)


male Human ranger 1

Gather Info check around port (1d20=10)

Nik will still accompany Stilgar if he's going to the temple. Depending on the caravan's terms for travelling with them, he may want to buy trail provisions.


On the way to the Worker's Rest, Stilgar thinks that it is a good thing to purchase some of those pole-arms and at least ten (10) days worth of trail rations. That is after he gets a blessing from the Temple of Kord.

"Nik, me still wants to go to temple."


Male Human Rogue 5/Fighter 2; HP: 65/66; AC:18/T14/FF17; Fort+7 Ref+6 Will+3; Per +10; Init +1

"Good luck, all. I'll see about booking our caravan passage."

I am assuming that Jessa joins Erion and Zoom on his trip - given their familiarity. Unless of course she's headed in the direction of the caravan offices - then I'll join her.

With that I will inquire at the Coloured Carousel Trading company on joining up for the six of us, and finding out trip duration, requirements, etc.
Afterwards, I am hoping to purchase (5) oil flasks, rations/food stuffs for a week (depending on how long the trip will take), and if I can find some (and I'm not broke getting it) holy water.
Also, if I am still curious to know what is being transported by the Keoish troops - maybe something to check on if there's time.
Finally, if I can find a shrine to Heironeous; a prayer or two is in order.

Gather Information (1d20+2=16)


Female Half-elf Druid 1

"S'pose it's you and me then, Sir Gabs-a-lot" Jessa says to Kellen. "We've gotta get out o' this stinkin' bilge town before those two drive me bonkers." She strides on ahead.

"C'mon! Get a move on!"


Male Human Rogue 5/Fighter 2; HP: 65/66; AC:18/T14/FF17; Fort+7 Ref+6 Will+3; Per +10; Init +1
Jessa Ventris wrote:

"S'pose it's you and me then, Sir Gabs-a-lot" Jessa says to Kellen. "We've gotta get out o' this stinkin' bilge town before those two drive me bonkers." She strides on ahead.

"C'mon! Get a move on!"

Bowing deeply, and with no small smirk on my face.

"By your command, mi'lady"


Female Half-elf Druid 1

Jessa turns back, hands on hips and smiles her crooked smile at the paladin, "I see y'r the cheeky one. I'm gonna have t' keep an eye on yer, Kellen Wrensler. It's always the nice boys y' gotta watch out fer." she says wryly.

"Milord should go on ahead" she beckons with equal mocking. "Or, maybe he should escort the lady?", she crooks her arm to indicate a gentlewoman seeking her swain's arm in hers.


Niklaus and Stilgar:

With little effort the two of you find Sasserine's 'Temple' on the edge of the market which itself is situated in the centre of the settlment. It is an open plan, round building about a dozen yards across with a high ceiling thatched with palm fronds. The floor is made of basalt blocks with inlayed shells and mother of pearl, the rest of the structure is made of wood with large doorless archways at each cardinal point of the compass.

Inside are several small shrines, probably to deities worshipped by the locals. The most prominent is carved from blue coral and depicts a woman in a long gown carrying a Trident. The Icon seems to be perpetually wet. Piled in front of this altar are many offerings mainly fish, but also decorated shells, coins and several small pouches.

Knowledge Religion check to recognise this deity.

Other, more familiar shrines are present including an basalt altar to St Cuthbert, a silver decorated anvil dedicated to Bleredd, a section of tree trunk painted green as an altar to Beory and a large pillar of basalt carved into the form of a muscular arm which you recognise as a shrine to Kord.

The Temple is tended by a small man wearing faded brown robes and a friendly, sunburnt face. He stops his sweeping and looks at the two of you appraisingly as you enter and look around the shrine.

'Welcome to the Sasserine Temple. I guess you've come to try your arm at the Shrine of Kord ? Am I right ?' He gestures torward a steel chain hanging from the clenched fist of the Kord Shrine. From the end of it hangs a hand grip that looks like a stirrup. 'A small donation and you may compete for the Blessing of your God.'


Kellen and Jessa:

You find the Warehouse/Office of the Coloured Carousel after about forty five minutes of wandering along the dockfront. The goods being offloaded from tow ships at the quayside lead you to believe that it specialises in importing domestic produce for Cauldron and it's environs. A number of 'Professional' warriors are on duty around the place, highly visible in a 'uniform' made up of every coloured cloth they could find.

A (DC 14 Diplomacy Check or) 5gp bribe gets you taken into the Wagonmaster's 'office' - in reality a corner of a teak beamed warehouse walled off with empty packing crates and furnished with items similarily made. The Wagonmaster introduces himself as Grimbold Quett and seems used to dealing with enquiry's such as yours. He's mildly overweight, has a pock marked face and wears a large quilted tunic which puts those of the establishments guards to shame.

'So you are travelling to the Highlands ? Cauldron is it ? I take it you've never walked the Sweet Road Before ?'


Female Half-elf Druid 1

Jessa tries her Her unique brand of charm (1d20+3=21) and after a bit of flirting gets her and Kellen into the office.

Gather Info +2 bonus for being the second character in a pair... oh well (1d20+5=8)


Jessa Ventris wrote:
Jessa tries her Her unique brand of charm (1d20+3=21) and after a bit of flirting gets her and Kellen into the office.

Jessa has made a new friend, a Coloured Carousel Guard call Syrion; a young, impressionable lad......


Zoomackulas Eye's only:

Spoiler:

' I'm glad you've chosen to accompany me. I think I'll need your sharp eyes - keep a look out for signs for 'Sternhost' or 'Maavu Mercantile'. I have connections with them that may get us passage to Cauldron. One thing though, these are weighty business matters so perhaps it would be better if I did the talking when we get there, ALL the talking I mean. At least no, um how should I put it, no 'cheese' talk, ok ?'

Zoom needs to make a spot check.


I've put a couple of posts up on the Discussion Thread which I would appreciate everyone looking at and commenting on.


Male Human Rogue 5/Fighter 2; HP: 65/66; AC:18/T14/FF17; Fort+7 Ref+6 Will+3; Per +10; Init +1
Jessa Ventris wrote:


"Milord should go on ahead" she beckons with equal mocking. "Or, maybe he should escort the lady?", she crooks her arm to indicate a gentlewoman seeking her swain's arm in hers.

In keeping with things, I take her arm with wink and off we go.

DM Flamifur wrote:

'So you are travelling to the Highlands ? Cauldron is it ? I take it you've never walked the Sweet Road Before ?'

Diplomacy check (1d20+2=22)Just in case it is needed as well

"Aye, Mr. Quett, we're needing to get passage to Cauldron. Never been on the Sweet Road, but with a name like that - I'm hoping we can make a pleasant trip of it."

"Can we make arrangements with your caravans, good sir?"


"Me not knows that god, Nik"

Knowledge (religion)

Stilgar smiles at the little man. "Yes, me wants to. Here," holding out a gold piece, "What me gots to do?"

Deducting the gold piece from my stash


male Human ranger 1

Know 'Ligion check (1d20+1=5) "I don't know it either."

Nik grins at the small man's suggestion and coughs up his gold piece too. "I'll try my hand at that. Oh, by the way, who's the sea or water goddess over there."

Anticipating a strength check. Strength check (1d20+1=14)

Andoran

Heh...ok but after we gets some cheese..heh...a nice stinky one...and not the half orc stinky but the good stinky...heh..

Spot check (1d20+4=18)


Kellen Wrensler wrote:
Jessa Ventris wrote:


"Milord should go on ahead" she beckons with equal mocking. "Or, maybe he should escort the lady?", she crooks her arm to indicate a gentlewoman seeking her swain's arm in hers.

In keeping with things, I take her arm with wink and off we go.

DM Flamifur wrote:

'So you are travelling to the Highlands ? Cauldron is it ? I take it you've never walked the Sweet Road Before ?'

Diplomacy check (1d20+2=22)Just in case it is needed as well

"Aye, Mr. Quett, we're needing to get passage to Cauldron. Never been on the Sweet Road, but with a name like that - I'm hoping we can make a pleasant trip of it."

"Can we make arrangements with your caravans, good sir?"

'Well, you seem honest enough for your sort and if you can use the weapon's you carry you'll be welcome along. We usually charge to escort groups but I'll let you come along for free - even throw in some food along the way. That alright with you ?'

'We're assembling a Caravan tomorrow, ready to start out the day after. It'll be us, Maavu's Mercantile's Wagons, a handful of independents and the Brandhammer train. Should be about 100 of us all told. Should be safe enough.'

'Will take one or two weeks to get to Cauldron - as long as the weather holds. It's getting near to Flood Season and the rains will close the road to anything bigger than a horse for a month or two.'

'If you don't have any more questions be here in our marshalling area an hour before dawn the day after tomorrow. Good to have you aboard.'


Niklaus and Stilgar:

I'm going to assume Nik went first 'cos he has already made a strength test...

'That's it my lad, you've got the right idea' says the Temple Custodian as Nik steps forward and grips the handle attached to the chain.'This Test of Kord is simple, but difficult: you must overcome the strength of Kord's Altar to recieve his blessing. If your faith is strong so will your arm be! Or so they say!'

Nik strains will all his might and feels the chain move minutely but has to give up after a few minutes straining at it.

'Ah ! Perhaps it is beyond your strength my friend. Still in the Holy Gymnasia of Kord they say that to take part in the contest is almost as good as achieving Victory !'

When Nik asks about the Water Goddess the attendent solemnly gestures toward the shrine. 'Before you is the Shrine of the Patron Deity of Sasserine: Osprem, Goddess of Sea Voyages, Ships and Sailors. If it wasn't for her goodwill no one of us would have made it here alive ! When you rely on the fickle ocean for you livelyhood it pays to sacrifice to her.'

As he collects the donation from Stilgar he looks him up and down and says 'Your turn to test your Faith, my friend. Are you up to the test of the Lord of Contests ?

Stilgar needs to make a strength test. Good luck !


Zoomackulas Eichendar wrote:

Heh...ok but after we gets some cheese..heh...a nice stinky one...and not the half orc stinky but the good stinky...heh..

'If you want some cheese, I'll be delighted to provide some for you - but after my business is concluded and only if it is not mentioned again ! Ok ?'


Zoomackulas Eichendar wrote:
Spot check (1d20+4=18)

You notice a large warehouse about 200 feet further up the dock. On a slightly faded hording you make out the word 'STERNHOST'. Unlike the buildings around it this warehouse looks unused.


male Human ranger 1

Nik pulls as hard as he can without success. His face falls momentarily at the failure, but he quickly covers his disappointment and cheers Stilgar on, "C'mon Stilgar. Pull the chain right out of Kord's grasp."


Female Half-elf Druid 1

going back in time a bit..

When Kellen takes her arm, Jessa laughs a genuine hearty laugh, and carries on laughing as they walk arm in arm through the streets.


Still feeling the effects of the last evenings drinking session, Stilgar huffs and puffs and yet he could not defeat the strength of Kord's altar.

Strength Check

This be a sign that me should stop drinking "Me let the chain win...," Stilgar laughs sheepishly.

Turning to the temple custodian, "Perhaps me and me friend can get holy water of Kord... to inspire us on our journey. Also, me want to make sacred oath to Kord that me no longer drinking... too much grog you see. By the way, me be Stilgar and this be Nik. Whats be your name?"


Male Human Rogue 5/Fighter 2; HP: 65/66; AC:18/T14/FF17; Fort+7 Ref+6 Will+3; Per +10; Init +1
DM Flamifur wrote:


'Well, you seem honest enough for your sort and if you can use the weapon's you carry you'll be welcome along. We usually charge to escort groups but I'll let you come along for free - even throw in some food along the way. That alright with you ?'

'If you don't have any more questions be here in our marshalling area an hour before dawn the day after tomorrow. Good to have you aboard.'

"That sounds quite alright, Mr. Quett. We'll be there before dawn - there'll be six of us then.

Did we notice where the Marshalling area was, by the way?

Assuming that's resolved, still hoping to purchase oil flasks, some extra rations/food stuffs - sounds like not as much as we expected, and holy water - if possible.

Hoping there's a shrine to Heironeous - although I get the feeling there may not be one.

Mind you, this will be tempered by a polite "What now, Miss Jessa?" to see what she has in mind...

I did a Gather Info check earlier - any other rolls needed?

Andoran

Erion, there's the place your looking for up ahead, lets go check it out..heh...


For Stilgar and Nik:

Stilgar wrote:

Still feeling the effects of the last evenings drinking session, Stilgar huffs and puffs and yet he could not defeat the strength of Kord's altar.

Strength Check

This be a sign that me should stop drinking "Me let the chain win...," Stilgar laughs sheepishly.

Turning to the temple custodian, "Perhaps me and me friend can get holy water of Kord... to inspire us on our journey. Also, me want to make sacred oath to Kord that me no longer drinking... too much grog you see. By the way, me be Stilgar and this be Nik. Whats be your name?"

'Ahhh ! Perhaps your intemporance has robbed you of your strength my friend. I would be well for you to make your pledge. But alas I am merely a lay attendant of all these shrines and cannot take your Oath in the name of Kord. Perhaps you should visit the City of Cauldron before you conduct your business in these lands - The Temple of Lordly Might is one of the largest in the city and I am sure the clergy there will hear your Oath in the appropiate manner.'

'I can supply you with holy water. I have only two flasks left and the cost 35 gold each, I have to import it I'm afraid.'

'My name is Ulf but some call me Father, some Brother and others far worse. I am pleased to meet you and I thank you again for your generous donations. And, don't worry about the test, I've only seen it completed a couple of times and one of the triumphant ones wast even Half human. I would advise laying of the grog though - in this climate you need to drink water, water and more water !

'Now, is there any other way I can serve you ?


For Kellen and Jessa:

Kellen Wrensler wrote:


"That sounds quite alright, Mr. Quett. We'll be there before dawn - there'll be six of us then.

'My you have fine manners - Just call me Grim , unless you owe me money, and we'll get along fine. They'll be a spare crate or two in the supply wagon so you and you companions can sling your gear in them.'

He smiles at Jessa. 'And there should be space for your Lady to sleep in there as well.'

'If you'll take my advice on purchasing supplies you best bet'll be the Market. Wait until dusk and the vendors are thirsty and not looking forward to packing their wares away and then make 'em an offer for what they've still got out - never fails.

Grimbold explains that the Carousel marshalling yard is huge area of semi-compacted earth on the other side of the C.C. warehouses between the road and te Jungle Stockade. He calls in Syrion and instructs him to lead you out of the building a different way so you can see it and know where it is.

After a few minutes walking through warehouses bustling with activity as wagons with hugely wide wheels are loaded with crates of supplies, you emerge into the sunlight the opposite side of the warehouse to the docks.

The marshalling yard, about a square mile in size, is already half full with wagons and oxen, but that's not what gets your attention.

Beyond the yard is the stockade you were told about by Ragrinson, impressive in itself but somehow made to look puny buy the masses of growth beyond it.

Jessa needs to make a Will Save, a good one !


Zoomackulas Eichendar wrote:

Erion, there's the place your looking for up ahead, lets go check it out..heh...

'Hmmm, yes, so it is - not quite what I was expecting though.'


"Alas, Ulf, me cash not enough. Here," proferring a gold piece, "please accept as token of me devotion. Yous knows head priest in Cauldron, Ulf?"


Stilgar wrote:
"Alas, Ulf, me cash not enough. Here," proferring a gold piece, "please accept as token of me devotion. Yous knows head priest in Cauldron, Ulf?"

'Oh yes. He Dedicated the altar. Asfelkir Hranleurt is his name and I know he'll be interested in someone like you.'


For Zoom.

Erion falls silent as you approach the Sternhost premises and his mood seems to have something to do with the state of the place - it looks like it been unused for months if not years and each of the doors have been sealed with a newish looking chain and padlock.

Pinned to each door is a parchment showing the coat of arms you've seen on some of the ships and soldiers and script which you can't make out from where you're standing.


(Sigh)'Not totally unexpected but still......disappointing. More work than expected......I wonder......' It's almost like he's talking to himself.


"Ulf, whats be Asfelkir Hranleurt like?"


Female Half-elf Druid 1

Will save (1d20+4=13)

At the implication that she is Kellen's 'lady', Jessa visibly bristles but realises that getting into a verbal spat with the man who's just given them a ticket out of this burg isn't the best idea.

At the paladin's question, she replies, "Unlike some's I could mention, I int got a particular hankerin' for doing much. Anything you need done?"


Male Human Rogue 5/Fighter 2; HP: 65/66; AC:18/T14/FF17; Fort+7 Ref+6 Will+3; Per +10; Init +1

Bracing myself for the results of that Will save...this could be trouble. ;-)

"I'm thinking we should check out this Market - maybe see if we find something useful for this trip."

"I'm not much interested in buying a polearm...," I say with a grin,"but I figured a some oil flasks might be handy - sounds like the beasts are afraid of fire. Just in case."

"I wouldn't mind finding a Heironian shrine to give a prayer of thanks, but I'm doubtful of that in this town."

If I noticed Jessa's consternation at Quett's comment:
"By the way, thanks for not braining the wagonmaster," I say with a wink.

Andoran

Zoo moves over to the door for a closer look at the parchment. "Erion, do you know what this means" pointing at the paper.
Knowledge check (1d20=4)
Zoo also scans the area for anyonw watching them!
Spot (1d20+4=8)


Do I actually know? Lets find out:
Decipher Script (1d20+7=24)

That looks like a definite probably.


male Human ranger 1

"Well, Stilgar, back to the Worker's Rest? We can get the food and polearms after we find out more from the other's about the caravan."


"Me ok with dat, Nik."


Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days - I posted on another PBP game I was playing in at the weekend - then my PC finally 'exploded'. Have only just got back on line.


For Zoom and Erion

The Parchement on the door is a 'seal' preventing use of the property until back taxes are paid to the Magistrate or his representative. It does not mention an aount or how long since it was due.

Zoom doesn't spot anyone watching the two of you - there's a lot of work going on in the compounds around you, plenty of people about, but none seem to be paying you any attention.

51 to 100 of 231 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flamifur's Shackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.