Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Valgrymr's Homebrew.

Game Master Valegrim

Lost in the Winter wild with hordes of ghouls, gnolls and Giant Kin on a rampage joined by other agents of chaos. Band of Northmen freedom fighters seek to survive and save their clans.


6,151 to 6,200 of 6,952 << first < prev | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | next > last >>

Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

blind but aware; reminds you a of deep gnome in the light.

Llvenoc wrote:
Can I tell that Astinos is blind considering my own experience with blindness?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Veterans Day celebration gift:
All players get one free reroll to apply to a combat situation; grats.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

the rogue answers: not unless you can magic one up; this tunnel is a little pocket that goes to their main tunnel with either goes into their nest or back toward the cave in; and ther are many alert guards that way; in the nest they are more well whatever snakes are; not standing guard.


yay! Presents! Thx Vale! ;)

"Hm," Kemnebi muses as they start to move slowly.

"I have a spell that can make one look like another humanoid, even a snake-blood. But it's limited to ONE person. It's no way to hide a group." He hits his fist on his leg in frustration.

"Not enough Power." He mutters, barely audible.
"Just Never enough Power!"

The magus idly touches the Centipede-necklace with one gloved claw. He doesn't seem to be aware that he's doing it.

"Alright, then I guess we sneak. IF (or when) we're spotted, I'll cast the change form spell and try to bluff our way through, say the rest of you are prisoners." He muses, staring ahead lost in thought, one gloved claw still petting the centipede necklace.


Male Drow 5th lvl Fighter/2 Order of the Bow (Crossbow) Initiate

I ignore the banter, and stare at Astinos.

"How complete is it? Can you see any light or shapes?"

I look at Kosan. "I want Astinos in the middle of the group. You can figure party order from there."


M Human (Greek) Paladin of Athena 5 7/ Knight of Athens 4 6

I pause for a moment, and as Llvenoc shifts I focus on him.

"It is complete, but in some ways I have been gifted with a form of sight that allows even more. I will be fine near the front Llvenoc, but I appreciate the regard."


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter 8th Level (Dwarf Variant)

In the mind link" Marching Orders, Caerwyn at point 10 yards or less, Me, Durr, Fox who is in charge of the spell casters and my eyes in the middle of the group, Decidio, Astinios, Iunius, Aaz, Kenebi, Jewel and Llevonic in the rear acting as my eyes and ears in the rear. Astinious your unproven eyes may be a detriment and I want you with the ladies so you can become more familiar with your new sight. We will proceed single file and do not be afraid to use your new items if your spells are depleted or low. When Caerwyn is ready we go. Talk only in the mind link if possible. If anyone sees trouble in the snake pit call out in the mind link. Fox you have done good in the middle of the pack as leader of the casters. being in front just means you must direct your firepower from your fellow casters and trust in their ability to carry out your wishes. Do not find yourself continuously looking back or you may miss a key action in the battle, be observant and you will perform flawlessly again.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Speaking of:
You can feel each worm in the ground move; each beetle and other insect as they each deal with the carrion; and yes you can feel each bone; each fragment of armor or thing on or under the eath; the more you concentrate; the more you learn feeling the sand; the dirt the rock; the bones, the peices of metal; jewels; and wood each and all impurities all of which you ignore as the sighted ignore things out of focus; you can feel the wieght of each person upon the earth; June and March making almost no imprint upon the earth; Oz; like the wieght of a loadstone pressing the earth so hard it seems a miracle the rock beneath him does not shatter; the dwarf; in tune and of the earth, in harmony with it; the evil that pervades this place; like a slithery oil that taints all; the others less impact other than the shifts of sand or rock they touch; the elf kinds; no trace of movement, like a memory of passing; no trail, only known is that which they tread upon so lightly at any given moment.

over all this is an area that extends beyond your senses; some radiance that comes from some unknown source; as your tremor sense cannot see it; but can feel it upon the earth; your mind recongnizes as being under the wing of Crow; that which make the special communication of the group pervades even the earth.

Astinos wrote:

I pause for a moment, and as Llvenoc shifts I focus on him.

"It is complete, but in some ways I have been gifted with a form of sight that allows even more. I will be fine near the front Llvenoc, but I appreciate the regard."


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Caerwyn; jump in here any time, am just providing some color from your background:
-------------

The rogues says: "hmm; with afterthought and preservation; it seems the tunnels all to to a central area; though they are all twisted in whatnot; in general terms; in my minds eye; I see it as a symbol I once saw somewhere; it had eight arms, twisted and pointed at the ends with a large central congruence where the arms come together; there in the image was an unblinking eye; I think it was called a Greater Symbol of Chaos. For some reason; these caverns we enter remind me thus; and so a story I remember handed down rogue to rogue about some mad god of Chaos; who imprisoned many in some mad house of terrors; but this house was like a mansion with ground and all nearly as big as a city; anyway; I heard that it was entered by something much like this; which reminds me of the old game we played as kids called "Foxes and Snakes" and if we are the Foxes <smirks at the ladies> then we gotta be sly cause in the game; to confront the snakes directly was to be become lost; and I think with all this weird stuff going on that I seen so far; this aint no metaphor; I think if we aint sly enough; them snakes open the eyes of the mad god and we get "lost" as in the game in this Mad Gods Mansion I heard of; and this aint no tale; for cause, it was how I was told Lorm was changed from a Man to a Catman <lookin at the cats> so; this whole damn thing is weirden me out; so I aint going first; get that pally up here with all his Law; maybe it can hide us. Kosan, were it not your brother and those fightin above us that this very thing happened to, seems more than likely that Mad God has his eye on us already; specially with all the Agents of Chaos around; now I gots me some Roman friends who believe every god has his thing; so if we sacrifice the right thing; he might let us through; but you gotta do it right and I aint got no clues."


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter 8th Level (Dwarf Variant)
Valegrim wrote:

Caerwyn; jump in here any time, am just providing some color from your background:

-------------

The rogues says: "hmm; with afterthought ... so; this whole damn thing is weirden me out; so I aint going first; get that pally up here with all his Law; maybe it can hide us. Kosan, were it not your brother and those fightin above us that this very thing happened to, seems more than likely that Mad God has his eye on us already; specially with all the Agents of Chaos around; now I gots me some Roman friends who believe every god has his thing; so if we sacrifice the right thing; he might let us through; but you gotta do it right and I aint got no clues."

In the mind Link: Dagnabbit first a vanishing Fey who had a great sword but never used it, then half our party not being able to cross a barrier, then a Necromantic all knowing never telling nagging blasted vanishing bird, then a fool paladin who gets himself buried and gets himself as blind as a mad seer, and now a burglar who won't burglar who is saying we must pacify a mad god to continue into his home. What happened to the old days a foe attacked you fought he died and you notched another mark on ye axe/Hammer. Blasted luck. OK Iuninios, Decidio, jewel, Aaz Riddle me blasted this what do you offer in sacrifice to a mad god who you want to let you pass but not keep Ya as a blasted pet when you decide ta leave. Be quick with it I need something ta kill cus I am about at the end of me patience. Oh and also has he noticed us?


As you wish Lord Kosan, I will go forth alone and see if this circle is active; I know something of Chaos having met the Eternal Champion Elric and "She Who Would Be Eternal Champion Cera" and thus I have spent five thousand years in the captivity of the Mad God in his fun house of torment to amuse the foolish and unware; yet many like Lorm Dragonheart gained strength there; many gain death. But it was my Master Balfic Graa who sought not for himself; but delivered Me and my eleven sisters from that eternal slavery and imprisonment.

Thus, I think I would be able to tell if this was a portal, one of those from which we helplessly watched the world and waited to destroy the unwary until my Master saved us and remade us as Agents Against the Old Ones. As it would benefit my Master, I will go forth to find out if this is an active Greater Symbol; and if it is; my sacrifice will not be in vain.

<with great stealth; as if she was Darkness itself; she moved down the hall; after a few steps you loose any sense of her. Until you see her radiance appear down the hall.>


"No my Sister, do not do this thing; it is to much"


"I am here; I can; I must, there is no one else; it is our Masters Will"


This is translated by Decidio as her sister is communicating now telepathically.

"She says the circle is Real; old; active but not on; waiting, she is looking; the snakes come; many; all of them, 13 in each group of 7; we are the eight arm. I must go to my Sister; she cannot hold that many...Wait a few moments, then run through; we will hold them. You must abandon us here; we will hold them until you finish this thing; if we are lost; remember our sacrifice; if we can escape we will, Lord Astinos; you must lead; all of you must be touching him."

She appear next to her sister; they reveal their true forms and tap directly into the Dark God and channel his Power; True Absolute Darkness radiates out from them and they stand in the Heart of Darkness; anyone with Arcane Sight can see the Radiance of the Grand Star of Chaos Light up with powerful ancient runes.

What does the party do?


Kemnebi, busy trying to help Aahz, is only half listening to the conversation around him, and doesn't realize what June is doing until she is gone and Decido is relaying what she sees.

"no. NO!" Kemnebi shouts, when Decido disappears to join her sister in battle. He plunges ahead, intent to join them. And only the hands of his fellow warriors old him back. He shouts;

"June! Don't do it! There's another way! There's always another way! Don't sacrifice yourself!"

Kemnebi sags loosely in the grip of whomever caught him, he whispers, almost sobbing, in Feline:

Feline

Spoiler:
"I'm not worth it June, don't do it,..."

Then his eyes widen as his arcane sight sees the Grand Star of Chaos light up like a winter's fest tree.

"Oh. Wow." He whispers, then tries to lunge forward again.
"May! June! Their in the middle of that,... That thing! And it's waking up!" Kemnebi cries.


Male Drow 5th lvl Fighter/2 Order of the Bow (Crossbow) Initiate

I am quiet for a second as everything unfolds.

In the Mindlink: "Move Astinos"

I place my hand on his shoulder, and hold Jewell's hand with my other.

In the Mindlink: "Enough with the crying, and grow up Kemnebi! We all knew going into this that none of us may make it out alive. You want what Decicio, and June are doing to have worth. Then grow a set, and finish what we all came here to do!


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Kenembi and Astinos

Spoiler:

The appropriate girl sends you a message via telepathy; for you to advise all to keep their eyes closed and not look at them; you each, through your connection to the girls, feel them radiating pure lust and hynotism and enchantment and raw darkness; the snakes are lost in the dark and their senses overwhelmed by the taste, smell, and thought of mating, but something is wrong; the floor is begining to crack; you will have to run.


Male Human (Celt) Rogue 6

I'm really sorry I disappeared for a while. Work has been crazy these last few weeks and I've been traveling non-stop. I'm back for the week and then out again, but hopefully will be able to keep up better. Thanks Vale for keeping Caerwyn active!

I put my hand on Astinos' other shoulder and say in the Mindlink: "Let's try to move as quietly as possible. I know it will be hard for the fighters with all that heavy armor, but even so, let's make an effort as slyness will be more useful than brawn here."

I check my pocket with my other hand, to make sure that my piece of candy is still there. "Only for emergencies" I think, and I leave it there and unsheathe one of my swords to carry in my free hand.

"Let's do this!"


Kemnebi stands there, thenstiffens as something happens. Whatever it is seems to happen to Astinos at the same time. Kemnebi sways in place, and moans softly. It sounds almost,... pleasurable. "Oh. Oh, wow."

Then the feline mage shakes his head like a cat getting dry. He 'shouts' into the mindlink in panic, or excitement,

'Holeee,... Everybody keep your eyes closed! Link up and grab Astinos! Kosan, Caerwyn, Can you get Aahz?! He's too heavy for me! Astinos! I don't know what the girls are doing, but they're doing it BIG! We have to go, we have to go NOW!'


Mindlink "Come on, Durr, we will stay by the paladin."

She takes his hand and moves up alongside the paladin, taking a hold of a strap on his armor.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter 8th Level (Dwarf Variant)

I grumble under my breath, put my axe/hammer and shield over my back, Push kenebi away from aahz and tell him to grow muscles,

Say out loud: Dumathion, Aid me lord this lads heavy and throw Aahz over my shoulder (Strength check: 18 (1d20) + 7 (Str Mod) = 25 +__ (any benefit Dumathion wishes to aid me with) = ??)

Grab onto the last persons belt, CLose my eyes and run

(1st Running Strength check: 20 (1d20) + 7 (Str Mod) = 27 +__ (any benefit Dumathion wishes to aid me with) = ??) & if needed (I hope not)

(2nd Running Strength check: 12 (1d20) + 7 (Str Mod) = 19 +__ (any benefit Dumathion wishes to aid me with) = ??)).

Val: Just in case did additional rolls.


M Human (Greek) Paladin of Athena 5 7/ Knight of Athens 4 6

"Everyone with me, we move now!"

Astinos breaks into a steady jog,his mind and body focused, sensing everything around him.

"Eyes closed!"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

No worries; I understand how things are; we are all heading for the craziness of the holidays and work is nuts and for some finding work is nuts and relationships; so I am pretty laid back; no worries.

Caerwyn Dom wrote:

I'm really sorry I disappeared for a while. Work has been crazy these last few weeks and I've been traveling non-stop. I'm back for the week and then out again, but hopefully will be able to keep up better. Thanks Vale for keeping Caerwyn active!

I put my hand on Astinos' other shoulder and say in the Mindlink: "Let's try to move as quietly as possible. I know it will be hard for the fighters with all that heavy armor, but even so, let's make an effort as slyness will be more useful than brawn here."

I check my pocket with my other hand, to make sure that my piece of candy is still there. "Only for emergencies" I think, and I leave it there and unsheathe one of my swords to carry in my free hand.

"Let's do this!"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Ok; you run down the hallway; the ground begins to crack; but Astinos can feel it happening before it does as it starts under the ground; so you can all avoid. Astinos; you sense a lot, a whole lot of snakes; but they are not moving.

I need to know if anyone peaks or once through this area looks back of if you run down the opposite hallway and around the corner?
just around the corner is a door; it is locked; it has 4 snakemen guards but they are standing and not apparently noticing you; it is dark as in magical darkness; someone has to open or unlock the door; so while every one figures there out there is a short lull so I am thinking it only natural that somebody might peak, so let me know.

Astinos:

Spoiler:

As you exit the area and just before you get out of range, you sense something wiggling up from under the earth to the center of the symbol; the evil of it is to primal and horrid that it nearly blinds all your senses and you are covered with the filth of its unearthly evil radiance.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Ok; you run down the hallway; the ground begins to crack; but Astinos can feel it happening before it does as it starts under the ground; so you can all avoid. Astinos; you sense a lot, a whole lot of snakes; but they are not moving.

I need to know if anyone peaks or once through this area looks back of if you run down the opposite hallway and around the corner?
just around the corner is a door; it is locked; it has 4 snakemen guards but they are standing and not apparently noticing you; it is dark as in magical darkness; someone has to open or unlock the door; so while every one figures there out there is a short lull so I am thinking it only natural that somebody might peak, so let me know.

Astinos:

Spoiler:

As you exit the area and just before you get out of range, you sense something wiggling up from under the earth to the center of the symbol; the evil of it is to primal and horrid that it nearly blinds all your senses and you are covered with the filth of its unearthly evil radiance.


"Durr, do not open your eyes. Listen, smell, touch, but no looking!"

Likewise, the halfling keeps her eyes closed behind the mask.


Female Catfolk Cleric 7 catfolk 1

Kemnebi tells her to keep her eyes closed so Nebibit keeps her eyes closed.(Although since her eyes are closed it is quite possible she would end up going the wrong way in all the excitement)


Male Drow 5th lvl Fighter/2 Order of the Bow (Crossbow) Initiate

Val

Spoiler:
Being a Dark Elf, Llv certainly knows the dangers of looking at something he isn't suppose to. Not to mention Jewell regularly scans Llv's thoughts, so opening his eyes could endanger her as well. Being blind for years he has learned to trust his other sense. So he is keeping his eyes shut.


Male Human (Celt) Rogue 6

I sheathe my sword and open the door, or pick the lock if it is locked. I do my best not to peek and focus my sight on the lock.

Open lock: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


Nebibit Sanura wrote:
Kemnebi tells her to keep her eyes closed so Nebibit keeps her eyes closed.(Although since her eyes are closed it is quite possible she would end up going the wrong way in all the excitement)

I wish Kemnebi were smart enough to take his own advice! We'll see! ;P

Kemnebi stands, one hand on Fox's shoulder, the other reaching back for Neb. When they stop at the door, He turns his head back towards the distant battle. He sniffs, as if trying to smell something. He growls something under his breath that not even Neb's sharp ears pick up. But he doesn't peek.

Yet.


M Human (Greek) Paladin of Athena 5 7/ Knight of Athens 4 6

Astions almost stumble at the wave of almost infinte evil that washes over his senses. His auras of good and courage providing ssome defense to the group as they charge blinly forward.

He sends his thoughts out to Decidio.

I will find you again, or you me, once we are successful there is much for us to explore

in mindlink
"Keep going we are almost past them"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

even in the dark, with divine guidance perhaps of Crow..., you open the unlock the closed door without issue.

Caerwyn Dom wrote:

I sheathe my sword and open the door, or pick the lock if it is locked. I do my best not to peek and focus my sight on the lock.

Open lock: 1d20+13


Male not yet revealed some type of warrior

"mistress, something crawls beneath us"


Mindlink "Astinos, did you hear? Durr can feel something crawling through the rock below us."


M Human (Greek) Paladin of Athena 5 7/ Knight of Athens 4 6

"I feel it as well, behind us something of almost unimaginable evil has erupted from the ground. We need to keep moving"

DM[SPOILER]
Astinos focises his new senses forward, past the swinging door to feel the vibrations within the room ahead
[/spoiler


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

There are two snakemen guard on the other side of the door; that is a hallway on the other side wider than you can sense; the snakes appear to be not moving.

Astinos wrote:

"I feel it as well, behind us something of almost unimaginable evil has erupted from the ground. We need to keep moving"

DM[SPOILER]
Astinos focises his new senses forward, past the swinging door to feel the vibrations within the room ahead
[/spoiler


Male Drow 5th lvl Fighter/2 Order of the Bow (Crossbow) Initiate

In the Mindlink: "So why did we stop moving?"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

the ground begins to rumble behind all of you but encompasses you as well.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Durr and Astinos

Spoiler:
something massive is moving up through the ground behind you


Male not yet revealed some type of warrior

Durr; <near panic>
"its coming; we must flee!
Mistress! Please; we must go; IT COMES!


Mindlink"DURR!! Calm down and use the mindlink! Everyone, you heard him, we have to keep moving!"

Did we actually stop? I thought we were still moving since the one leading us said we needed to keep going...


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Caerwyn unlocked the door; nobody has opened it or gone through; by standing rule in my game for rogues; if they unlock the door they dont open it unless they say so; as they often want to get out of the way for someone a bit more armored and burly. So; picking a lock is not the same as opening. FYI


M Human (Greek) Paladin of Athena 5 7/ Knight of Athens 4 6

In mindlink

"Go! Something big approaching behind us. A guard on either side of the door, they seem dazed but be ready to strike."

Astinos strides through shield and spear up.Area around him ia difficult terrain for enemies


Mindlink
'You heard the man, let's go!' Kemnebi says in the mindlink. He goes through his list of remaining spells.

'Be safe ladies,...'


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Ok; WHO is opening the door please? It will take both hands and a strength check; like the old bend bars lift gates as this door raises.


Male Drow 5th lvl Fighter/2 Order of the Bow (Crossbow) Initiate

Since Astinos is leading people through, I will do it.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Roll str check


Male Drow 5th lvl Fighter/2 Order of the Bow (Crossbow) Initiate

Str Check d20=13 Strength is an 18.


M Human (Greek) Paladin of Athena 5 7/ Knight of Athens 4 6

At the door Astinos pauses shifting his spear to his other hand he reaches down to the pouch on his belt his fingers counting the potion slots and selecting 2 of them.

He pops the wax seals quickly drinking both as his body begins to thrum with power, pulsing and expanding until he stands 9ft tall his weapons and armor growing with him.

Drink potion of Bull's strength and Enlarge person

He prepares to charge as Llvenoc pushes instead.


Male Human (Celt) Rogue 6

I touch my silver torc and whisper the ancient Celt word that was taught to me a long time ago by my grandfather. Instantly, I feel the cover of rough bark on my skin. I prepare to move quickly through the door as soon as someone opens it.

Activated barkskin from my silver torc, I believe it is the 2nd use today.

6,151 to 6,200 of 6,952 << first < prev | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valgrymr's Homebrew. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.