Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Tales of Sorrow

Game Master Raging Bull

A friend in need is a friend indeed. Yet friendship has become scarse in Tintalas and the Olan Vales, and need is high. Can a group of adventurers turn the tide, or will they vanish in the waves?


1 to 50 of 358 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Sczarni

Chapter I: Paint it black

At times like these, when dangers beyond understanding are close and there is no obvious way of going against it, humans tend towards two possible behaviours. Either they ignore the problem alltogether, acting like they always did. Either they seek to forget it by doing what they are best at, hoping that those who are leading them do the same. As a result, the Shark's Tooth, local sailor tavern in the city of Globeto was bustling with activity. It was one of the first warm nights of the year, and the city of Globeto was bathing in moonlight.

Refugees and locals had enough misery to share for an ale or two, to enjoy some small gambling, to seek company from a courtesan, or to listen to the music of a Bard. Those who couldn't stand the crowd went outside, either for a romantic walk either they went home alone. Inside, the Bard gave away his best song of the night. Many Valesmen knew the song, some even sang along.

The Proud Sea God
Lived happy with his wife
He lead peacefull life
And loved with all his heart
And loved with all his heart

The Dull Sea God
Was tired of all the peace
He left his wife with pleas
And travelled overseas
And travelled overseas

The Proud Sea God
Saw a pretty pair of eyes
He left his husbands vows
And settled overseas
And settled overseas

The Dull Sea God
Got tired of it again
He went back to his den
But found another man
But found another man

The Proud Sea God
Waged war against the man
He gave him all he can
But lost it in the end
But lost it in the end

The Dull Sea God
Is angry with his wife
Should he return to life
Storm over the Vales
Storm over the Vales

When the song was done, the audience cheered and many coins were thrown to the bard. He gave his thanks to the public, put his instrument away and went for an ale himself.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

A young man enters the tavern as the bard is partway through the third verse blond hair combed neatly to the side and dressed in a long light brown coat. He's heard the song a few times before and attempts to sing along stumbling over most of the words. When the song is done he claps along with the rest of the audience and throws a few coins himself. He makes his way to the counter and orders an Ale, its been another long day. He sets a banged up Horse statuette on the counter and begins to drink. Wondering what are the chances that his Reave has somehow survived this invasion. How could Tintalas Have been so badly beaten. No he thought She has to be alive. There must be some way to drive back these invaders and after I find it, we will be together again. He reaches to stroke the horse and as he does some of the worry lines ease from his forehead If only I knew where to start


Male Human Paladin 1

The door groans open as a tall man in a heavy yet worn cloak of imperial red with armor glinting beneath it enters the tavern, looking around at the clientele. Effortlessly dodging out of the paths of some of the more inebriated patrons, he finds a table in the corner with a view of both the door and the stage and sits down. He swings his legs up on the table, where you can see that his boots were once army issue, although they have been patched many times, although to the credit of the owner the repairs are of the highest quality. He leans back and pulls a book out from somewhere under his cloak which he proceeds to read while half watching both the entertainment and the door.

When the server notices him and comes over, they confer quietly for a moment before the man flips a coin onto the table with a wink at the girl and goes back to reading his clearly engrossing book.


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

A tall man strides in through the doors, and looks around as if he were home. His brown hair brushes against the shoulders of his worn grey cloak. He nods at the servers and the bartender and makes his way over to a table in the corner. With barely a glance as to where he’s going, he steps easily between the hazards that should have made navigating the path difficult. One of the servers meets him there with a mug of ale and the man gives her a few coins and murmurs his thanks.

He sits down with a small smile and looks around the room. Whatever he was looking for, he doesn’t seem to find it. His smile fades a little, he shakes his head and goes back to his ale tapping his foot in rhythm as the bard finishes his song.


male human alchemist 2 (chirurgeon, internal alchemist)

A slightly weathered man with a dark brown hair in a tight bowl-cut and full mustache absently picks stubborn bits of today's experiment off of his hands while gazing into the crowd. He's been there a while watching people...
He starts thinking about what the ideal point of contact would be for different bombs... Head, hard but a miss ..assuming normal trajectory .. "knees and shins with the tanglefoot definitely." he thinks to himself, only now realizing that he had inadvertently been "looking up and down" a female patron, and it has not escaped her attention. He wonders for a few seconds whether to smile non-threateningly, try to "sell" lost-in-thought-not-learing body language... "oop never mind, she looked away... now where was I?"


Male Human Monk(Master of many styles) 2

A tall man with short black hair and wearing only simple clothing, walks down the street deep in thought. He had just spent a long day asking about for information on the whereabouts of his father. His attempts have met with failure, and he was just about to return to his room at the inn he was staying at when he passed by the Shark's Tooth."Maybe I can find someone who has information in there. I could also use a drink after such a long day."He thinks to himself. He then turns and heads for the tavern.

Sczarni

Now that the performance of the Bard had finished, a large group of people started to leave the tavern. A handfull of people remained, including the Bard. While he was enjoying his ale, a woman approached him. He smirked when he noticed her, she ignored it and put a small purse on the table. With a clear Tintalian accent, she spoke to him.

Perception DC 5:
Where I come from, people of your kind have a knack for knowing things. This purse contains 25 gold pieces, more than what your performance earned you. It could become yours if you can tell me what I would like to know.

While the Bard is listening with attention, gazing greedily at the money, she shows him an amulet. From where you are you can't see what it is, but the Bard is studying it carefully.

Perception DC 5:
This is all what was found at the place where I should have met my brother. He has been missing ever since and apart from this amulet, nothing was found. What can you tell me about this sign?

You can make two Perception Checks to overhear the conversation. One for every spoiler. Varro can come in and act as if he was there.


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

Senthiri sits up a little, leaning forward a bit to overhear what the woman says.

Rolls:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

But is unable to hear the conversation. He leans back with a thoughtful expression, trying to figure out what's going on.


male human alchemist 2 (chirurgeon, internal alchemist)

Euchrid listens and watches out of the corner of his eye while sipping his drink.

perception:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

perception:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Over hearing the woman talking to the bard Errik half turns on his stool by the counter and sees her holding something out for the bard to inspect. Another Tintalian searching for a loved one, there must be quite a few of us by now. Maybe I could help her? Hmm an amulet with a sign? Now that has peaked my curiosity! He stands up (revealing he is shorter than most men) drains the last of his ale with his right hand while placeing a coin on the bench and stowing a little statuette with his left and then starts to move around the room trying to get a better look at the amulet.


Male Human Monk(Master of many styles) 2

After entering the tavern and sitting down at a table, Liam notices the woman and the bard speaking.

perception rolls:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

"Interesting, she is also missing a family member, though it appears that she also has some kind of lead to his whereabouts. I should help this woman." Liam gets up and starts to walk over to the woman.


Male Human Paladin 1

The conversation between the newly arrived woman and the bard is exactly what the man in the corner pretending to read his book was hoping to over hear. He still holds his book up with one hand and drinks his ale with the other, but for anyone who bothers to look, he is clearly more interested in the conversation.

Rolls:

Perception 1:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Perception 2:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

Senthiri picks up again at the second half of the woman's plea. This time he seems satisfied with his ability to hear. At the mention of the woman's missing brother, Senthiri's mouth pulls together in a grimace, and he slowly shakes his head. But then he whips his head up his face screwed upwards in thought. He looks back at the pair standing by the stage. Senthiri's eyes fall on the purse on the table, and a smile spreads across his face. Suddenly he is all charm and his face fills with empathy, as he stands up and begins to make his way over to the woman.

Sczarni

When the woman showed him the sign, the bard startled. He looked around to see if anyone was paying attention and got even more afraid when he noticed various people did. He quickly put a few coppercoins on the table for the ale and prepared to leave. Since he knew people were looking at them, he spoke a little louder.

I-I-I h-h-have onl-l-ly one th-thing t-t-t-to say! This s-sign i-i-i-is danger. B-b-b-best to k-k-keep your no-no-nose out!

Sczarni

Elvire sighed when seeing the reaction of the Bard.

Yes, run you coward! Like the marshall did, or the detective I asked! Be afraid of one stupid sign that is oh so powerfull that it swallowed my brother for no reason! He was a fisherman, you hear? A fisherman! What could he have done!

Sobbing, she looked at the other people in the tavern. Many were looking either her way or to the bard, who moved towards the door.

And what are you looking at!


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Seeing the bard splutter his warning Errik pauses only a second to make his decision, after all times like these called for action and he was getting tired of the mundane life he had been leading. He makes his way quickly but casually across the tavern walking straight up to the woman. Excuse me, but I couldn't help but notice your exchange with that bard just now. I am a historian and Lore keeper, perhaps I could help?

Diplomacy:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


A young Valesman enters the tavern in a rush speaking with an odd white raven on his shoulder in a musical sounding tongue.

Sylvan:
"Why do you always seem to make me late Bonetapper? I imagine you'll even make me miss my own funeral!
Damned meddlesome crow, now I've missed the entertainment!"

The rakish man dodges through the exiting crowd looking around the room at the patrons who are left in the establishment inadvertantly running into the minstrel as he rushes out in a panic. "Excuse me good sir, many apologies..."

Perception:
Varro 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15, 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Bonetapper 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Sczarni

The woman is positively surprised when Errik comes near.

Oh! Saving a damsel in distress are you? Well, I'm not going to complain, help is rare these days. My brother and me have left the Empire together and we came here.
We often used to search for a job during the day and meet near the docks at evening. However, a few days ago he didn't turn up. All I found on our meeting place was this strange amulet.
I've been asking around, and it seems I am not the only refugee who has lost a family member or a friend. But no one seems to be willing to help us, especially not when they see this amulet!

She shows the amulet to Errik. It has a strange symbol on it.


Male Human Monk(Master of many styles) 2

Liam also walks up to the woman. "I too would like to help you in your search for finding your brother. It sounds to me that whomever amulet that is is very feared here, and knowing this I never let one person face them alone."


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

Senthiri hesitated at the way the Bard reacted to the amulet, but after the woman's outburst he moves more decisively than before. Just as he gets there, two other men stop to offer help to the woman. Senthiri's face clouds for a moment, but it's back to empathy and charm so quickly, most wouldn't notice.

Well, ma'am, it appears you have plenty of help now. I was just about to offer the same. Senthiri tilts his head towards the unknown men, indicating his offer.
I am Senthiri, by the way. He bows slightly. At your service

Diplomacy aid:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Well it seems you are in luck tonight Ms ? He pauses to let her introduce herself. The tevern is full of gentlemen. Let me take a look at this now and see what I can tell? He says with a smile no longer looking at her but studying the item in her hand. He spends a few minutes studying the item.

Rolls:
Kn:Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Kn:Geography: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Kn:History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Not being sure which field of his study would be best he simply tries to remember anything he can while studying the amulet. And finally if none of those bring anything to mind he will use a round of archaeologists luck to gain a +1 bonus on an untrained knowledge roll 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human Paladin 1

The man in the corner sees the sudden cluster of people around the woman and rises to see what all the commotion is actually about. He strides up, with his cloak thrown over his shoulder to reveal the pin in the shape of a griffon fastening it. What seems to be the problem here, m'lady? Are these men bothering you? He asks with a distinctive upper-class Imperial accent.

Diplomacy:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

DM:
Am I able to see the amulet or has she put it away by now?


male human alchemist 2 (chirurgeon, internal alchemist)

Euchrid takes a deep breath and rises. "My dear woman, I would not be able to forgive myself if I were to sit idly by." He takes a moment to gauge responses and continues... " ...any more information you have, enemies your brother might have made... or anything the detective or marshall may have let slip about the significance of the amulet?" Turns to Errik " I would like to have a look at that when you are finished inspecting it, sir"

Sczarni

A bit baffled by so much attention, the woman hesitates. She's clearly not used to it. When Hissarion appears, she looks up to him.

No Sir. In fact... Quite the contrary, they are the first I meet who are willing to help me... But thank you very much for your offer. I did not expect to find so many good souls in a tavern.

She nods at Liam, Senthiri and Euchrid.

Thank you... I'll tell you who I am and what I know... I am Elvire Larkson. With my brother Raynold we used to live in a coastal village in Tintalas. As many others we decided to come here, hoping for a better life. But it seems the Godess is not with us... My brother has done some small jobs on fisherboats, I've done some cleaning. We used to splitup to improve our chances of finding something, but he didn't return four days ago. All I found on the place was this amulet. I don't know of enemies or any strange behaviour at all.

So I asked around. Other refugees have lost friends and family members as well, all mysteriously disappeared. At night, during the day, inside the city, outside, ... The marshall and detective first said they'd help me, but when I showed them the amulet they threw me out. So I tought, maybe looking in taverns. Back in Tintalas, Bards come everywhere, so I tought, perhaps he knows something... But as you've seen it didn't work out.

All I have is this amulet. No one told me what it is or mentioned something. They just grow scared or angry. But there's nothing but some symbol on it... Look!

She shows the amulet to anyone nearby.

Just so you know... I can't pay all of you. But should you decide to help I think the other refugees could spare a minor something as well.

Errik:

Local: You remember having seen the sign at a black market event organised by a rogue mage just outside the walls of Globeto. It represents the Black Sun, one of the many hidden groups of magic users. Lately, the organisation has become active in criminal activities across the Vales, demonstrating quite some power.
History: From what you know of the history of the Vales, this group is quite old. However, no official records exist so it's hard to determine more.

Hissarion:

You can see it.


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

Senthiri sighs at the crowd now forming around the lady, and the mention of not enough gold to go around. He looks at Errik, holding the amulet, then at Euchrid, patiently waiting his turn. Senthiri steps back into the back of the group begins speaking quietly and makes unobtrusive movements with the practice of one who is used to concealing such things.

DM:
I cast detect magic focusing on the amulet and if there are any auras, I concentrate for three rounds and then use knowledge(arcana) to identify 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


male human alchemist 2 (chirurgeon, internal alchemist)

"The reaction from the authorities suggests this is something they are involved in or fear ... however, considering the fact they let you go and did not dissuade you from further investigation we can deduce it is something they fear and not are not connected." Euchrid studies the amulet ... starts to make a copy in his research book but decides against having the image in his possession.

Spoiler:
not much for local knowledge but if there is arcane significance... knowledge(arcane)1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

While Errik studies the Amulet he keeps an ear on what Elvire is saying. When he's finished he looks up at her again. Well he says, looking around to see if anyone is watching them. I know what this symbol represents... I'm not about to run away but perhaps we should look for somewhere more private before I share what I know? He atracks the attention of someone who works at the establishment and asks Excuse me, but would it be possible to hire a room where we could all talk away from the noise and bustle of this main hall? then back to Elvire to reassure her that money issues will not prevent his help. Nevermind about the money. I have built up a modest amount and could live a mundane life here for quite some time. I am more interested in the thrill of the chase!

If this Black Sun group has been kidnapping refuges perhaps they have Reave!


The white raven hops excitedly a the amulet is displayed letting out a sharp caw. The young valesman approaches the growing group.

"Good miss I am something of traveler, not so well versed as a bard, but perhaps as curious as one. My little friend here told me a mystery was to unfold at this tavern. I will not ask for pay from you. I wager there will be a fortune to be won in this endeavor.

I am something of a seer, may I attempt to divine some meaning in this? I will consult my spirit deck..."

Spoiler:
appraise the amulet discreetly 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Knowledge (arcana) for the symbol 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Profession (fortune-teller) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male Human Monk(Master of many styles) 2

"Do not worry about paying me. I could not stand idly by while I know you are looking for a group that even the authorities are afraid of. I also am missing a family member, so I know your pain, an will do every thing in my power to bring your brother back."


Male Human Paladin 1

Well if the Valesmen are running scared perhaps a little Imperial backbone can crack the case. The man says with what appears at first to be perfect seriousness. I am Lieutenant Hissarion Azor, late of the Leigo XIV Gryphus Hissarion moves to take the woman's hand in greeting.

Sczarni

Senthiri:
The amulet has no magic aura.

Euchrid:
You remember having seen this sign in a dusty tome in the Medical School. The tome was called "Liber Occultum IV: Divine Magic" and did speak of the many relations between the Arcane and the Divine. You didn't went trough the entire book since the topic bored you, but you do remember the sign from the introduction as the symbol of a religious sect.

Varro:
The amulet looks to be worthless, if not for the symbol on it you'd have thrown it away already. You do remember having seen the sign before tough, and remember an encounter with a client who described it. Back then the cards told you it was a powerfull symbol, tough not linked to the Arcane. She had a sad tale about running away from a religious sect, but you don't remember her name and she didn't give much details.

Sczarni

Stoogie was observing the group suspiciously. Meddling over an amulet, scaring his bard away... Bah! He didn't like it at all, and was just about to throw the refugees and their friends out, when they asked for a room. Ah! This changed affairs.

Ah, good to hear you're not going to scare away all my clients. It'll cost you tough, 5 silver a day. If you take it, payment in advance and you can go up, first floor, second door on the left.

Sczarni

Elvire fell from one surprise into the other. First she had been looking for help for days, now they all came together? And they don't even want payment? She shook her head, barely believing what she saw. Now a soldier took her hand and he said...

N... No... A knight? Of the Empire? Here? Has Babil fallen then? Or... No, you must have fled like everyone else has...

I... Let's go to that room. This is not the time for this discussion. But thank you for your help Sir. If the Griffon is on our side, then perhaps not all is lost.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik pays the Innkeeper, glad to be getting away from watchful eyes. When they are all safely in the room he relates what he knows of the symbol to Elvire and the others.

The sign on your amulet represents the Black Sun, one of the many hidden groups of magic users here around Globeto. They've been around for years but lately they've become active in criminal activities across the Vales. They seem quite powerful. Which is why I advised caution, but as I said before it seems luck is on your side. I'm sure if we all work together we can find out what has happened to your brother and get him and the other missing refugees back to their loved ones.


Varro pulls out 2gp and hands them to the Innkeeper. "Bring food and a pitcher of wine to the room. One cannot talk of dark deeds on an empty stomache!"


Male Human Monk(Master of many styles) 2

"Now the question is, how do we go about finding where this organization is located, or at least where they are keeping their captives."


male human alchemist 2 (chirurgeon, internal alchemist)

" I see two avenues for investigation...The docks are worth a look and other refugees that have lost family may have more information and more likely than most to share what they know with us. Any other options I am missing?" ... trying to temper his distracting mix of fear and excitement from the situation at hand with critical thinking.


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

The only other avenue that might be helpful is to see if we could get any more information from the marshall and detective. But I doubt that will work, so it should be our last option.
Senthiri cuts off, and turns to Elvire. But the offer for payment is still on the table, right?
Without waiting for an answer, Senthiri then turns to the man with the raven. Now that's the most sensible thing I've heard all day. and slaps the table.

Sczarni

Stoogie started to like this new group. One empty room filled anyway, now more food. Good, he was going to earn some money tonight! In a terrible good mood, he went to the kitchen and ordered the cook to cease cleaning the kitchen and prepare another seven meals. Then he grabbed the wine and went upstairs.

Seven meals coming up, here's the wine already. One question tough... Leon is coming back tomorrow for another performance. You're not gonna scare him away again, are you?


Innkeeper Stoogie wrote:
Seven meals coming up, here's the wine already. One question tough... Leon is coming back tomorrow for another performance. You're not gonna scare him away again, are you?

"CAW!" croaked the raven. "Ha! My brother Bonetapper says, 'Only if he's still playing those dreadful sea chanties.'"

Varro fills the cups and raises his in a traditional Olan toast.

"To finding our way along winding roads and shepherding lost friends safely home."


Male Human Paladin 1

Hissarion leans against the wall, fiddling with the glass of wine. He seems to have been most receptive to Euchrid's assessment of the situation. I think that the docks and the refugees are the place to start. I would obviously be of little help investigating the docks.


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

Senthiri pores himself a glass of wine.
For myself, I happen to like the docks. I have no problem starting there. . . . That is, after we've eaten of course. Senthiri raises his cup in response to Varro and takes a deep drink.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|
Hissarion Azor wrote:
Hissarion leans against the wall, fiddling with the glass of wine. He seems to have been most receptive to Euchrid's assessment of the situation. I think that the docks and the refugees are the place to start. I would obviously be of little help investigating the docks.

I am not sure I understand your meaning, once a group our size starts investigating something like this we are bound to attract some unwelcome attention. I am a scholar and though I have gained some skill with the short bow I would feel more comfortable to have one such as yourself along. Realising that he has not yet introduced himself he adds My name is Errik and I am an Archaeologist of sorts.


male human alchemist 2 (chirurgeon, internal alchemist)

" I agree... it would be foolish to search shack to alley for the victims families. That is why we should have Elvire set up a meeting ... if she doesn't know anyone who will talk after having investigated for 4 days we won't have much more luck... and might as well just feed ourselves to the pigs. If there is someone willing to talk... Hissarion can take care of that, he seems to carry a fair weight with them."
If time is important, we investigate the docks as soon as possible - before they know us - Raynold was taken from there and if the victims are leaving the city, there is a good chance it is from the docks
" ...maybe this is just drunken bravado ...Euchrid eyes his still full glass ... or tipsy bravado?


Male Human Monk(Master of many styles) 2

"I agree the docks seem like a good starting place. The fact that we might attract attention would work to our advantage as well.", Liam takes a sip of his wine. "Oh annd I am Liam by the way."


Male Human Paladin 1

Hissarion has by this point finished his wine and his figiting has progressed to tossing the empty cup from hand to hand. Very well, if it is attention we want to attract, I'm sure I can oblige. He rearranges the folds of his cloak to reveal his sword at his waist. To the docks then, Comitateon! He proclaims revealing more than a little flair for the dramatic.

Divina:

You think that Hissarion just used an Imperial military rank (comitates) as a form of endearment, but if that is what he he meant, he clearly has no idea what the correct grammatical form of the word should be.

Sczarni

Just as Stoogie comes with the meals, he notices Hissarion' words.

Oy! I got the food now, what you do with it is no business of mine, but it's 23 silver for seven meals and a pitcher o' wine. Besides, sure you want to go to the docks now? It's midnight, many suspicious people walking around now.

Sczarni

Elvire looks at the gathered people.

I will see to it, but I think I might gather a reward of 100 gold pieces if you succeed in saving our friends and families... Oh, is it midnight! I really should be heading home now, perhaps my brother returned after all!


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Midnight already? How far away is your home Elvire, will you make it there alright? I'd like to stop in at my own place really and pick up my bow and get dressed more appropriately.


male human alchemist 2 (chirurgeon, internal alchemist)

" ...It is decided then? We should return to our homes, prepare ourselves and meet at the docks, yes? stuffing his mouth with a hunk of meat "Maybe at the tavern there ... " shrugs and gulps down half a glass of wine ... still standing. "..if I'm staying up all night I need to put more wood on the fire" patting his stomach

1 to 50 of 358 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Sorrow: a Homebrew by Raging Bull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.