Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


4,501 to 4,550 of 9,364 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar pulls Coriana's wayfinder out from under his shirt, whispers "tengoku" under his breath and holds it in front of him as the light shines forth. His left hand instinctively finds Amaya's, looks around at Cassian, "Do you think you & I should test to see if these mines are attracted to us first or are we going to assume they're just moving randomly?"

Cassian shrugs. "Sure. What's the worst that could happen?"


female half-elf witch 15
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian shrugs. "Sure. What's the worst that could happen?"

"Heightened Destruction trap set off by a proximity alarm," Zsz replies. "That would have a slightly higher than 95 percent chance of killing me outright, at least. I hate those things."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Heightened Destruction trap set off by a proximity alarm," Zsz replies. "That would have a slightly higher than 95 percent chance of killing me outright, at least. I hate those things."

"That's what I'm for. I didn't get recruited for my charming personality."


female half-elf witch 15
Cassian Merro wrote:
"That's what I'm for. I didn't get recruited for my charming personality."

"I shall consider your charming personality a free bonus from now on, then."


Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

After spending some time oiling the mechanism, Cassian opens the padlock - which now works as well as it can but, when closed and locked, looks like the rusted abandoned wreck it had been for decades. Azhar needs to muscle open the rusted iron to widen the entrance enough to let everyone slide through. Once the gates are pushed back to closed, Cassian reaches through the bars and re-locks the padlock making it look, in case anyone passes, that the Delvehaven is undisturbed.

A few steps past the gates and you feel like you are moving through a pudding. Assuming that people listened to Cassian's suggestion, the invisible barrier takes a bit of time to push through, but there are no further effects.

Not chained to Azhar in some fashion:
The barrier goes thicker and thicker, blocking your forward movement. If you continue to push against it... click the spoiler below.
and really?:
Please make a DC 25 Fort save.

The Delvehave is still bizarrely stately. The ground floor a huge and sprawling complex with an two smaller buildings making an upper floor connected by a arching bridge. The windows you see have all been boarded over with heavy planks. It a bit of time for the group to pick their way the 50-feet to the main doors, as there are many of the shimmers along the stone walkway that leads to the doors forcing you to push your way through the heavy grass. Additionally, the shimmer starts to pulse slightly if someone gets within 5-feet forcing you to keep an eye on the slowly, randomly, moving glimmers.

The group of nine does make it to the sagging veranda, its columns thick and mildew-spotted with age, adorns Delvehaven’s facade. Two huge oaken doors stand in the center of the veranda, a carving of a road receding into the horizon inscribed within a circle decorating each portal. A wooden placard above the doors hangs precariously from rotting joints, its face bearing an inscription: "To liberate the Past for the knowledge of Today; to live the maxim that fortune is earned by the bold; to prove there are no boundaries."

Pathfinder OR K:local DC 20:
The carving in the door is the Pathfinder Society's Glyph of the Open Road.

Perception DC 20:
The door, while closed, are neither locked nor barred.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"I shall consider your charming personality a free bonus from now on, then."

"That's... uh... that's... I'm not..." He trails off, looks at the monkey on his shoulder, "Oh, shut up."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar approaches the door, unless Cassian warns him away or he sees something amiss himself, reaching up to lightly brush the inscription of the sign with his fingertips.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

Gravlax moves along with the others, and looks up at the placard. "Couldn't settle on just one motto?" he asks no one in particular.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:

Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

Gravlax moves along with the others, and looks up at the placard. "Couldn't settle on just one motto?" he asks no one in particular.

"Maybe one is the Pathfinder motto and the other that of the lodge?" Azhar shrugs.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

The week of Desnus 1-7

Gravlax goes shopping for The Raven and for himself. He spends another 18 gp to hire Jask (Raven paperwork & evil paperwork) and Sclavo (evil paperwork) to ensure that nothing has gone missing.

He doesn't go to work this week. He finds he's tired a lot. He prices out of a Ring of Sustenance.

(I think finally complete) Shopping List for the week

Alchemist's fire (a dozen)
Baubles - 300 gp worth of small gems
A small packet of salt
Ring of Sustenance

Mathalen

"I expect you to keep me honest there," Gravlax says, slowly stretching as her hand moves along. "And I expect it will be unnecessary."

Fiosa

A day or two after Eiseth, Gravlax shows up mid-day at the shop where Fiosa works (if I am remembering correctly). "Do you have a moment to talk?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Maybe one is the Pathfinder motto and the other that of the lodge?" Azhar shrugs.

"And the third?" Gravlax shrugs. "Mission creep?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

The Raven goes out once in early Desnus to survey the city and look for trouble. Or attractive moonbathers.

His second Desnus excursion is seven days after the last visit to Lefty. Assuming that Gravlax has fulfilled his shopping list.

We can take them one at a time, or if no random encounters on the first visit, go straight to the second.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:

Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

"And the third?" Gravlax shrugs. "Mission creep?"

"Oh, yeah. Huh." Azhar shrugs again, non-commit-ally.


Cassian:
After the Drome
Janiven shivers, a happy animal sound deep in her throat as his hands wander. "Most definitely, Cass." Not a hair's space between them where their bodies touch, "You have managed to fulfill a number of fantasies without a word from me but the next time one comes to mind I'll tell you." A pause, "And," her hips moving just the slightest bit, beyond her control, "your fantasy has been weighing heavily on my mind... unfulfilled as it is."

Gangs
Eyes bright with the promise of copper, the kid nods.

Thekla shakes her head. "I'm a thief and a murderer. Dice fallen a little different I could have been in one of those place, so I don't hold those places nor their patrons in any bad esteem." After they go a little further, almost mumbled to herself, "Place that lets one of their girls get beat up..."

The pair arrives at the Gilded Steed and are able to head in unmolested. Inside the foyer there is a small bar flanked by gilded horses with full bit. Behind the bar is a skinny, sallow faced man who casually slides his hand under the edge of the bar.

Muuurder
The old woman takes what Cassian picks up, her old bent fingers feeling the face. "If so I must of dropped it a few decades ago when I made that kind of coin." She comments with a smile. "I'll ensure I don't drop it again, thank you for returning it to me."

Tarvi pats the pocket where the butterfly knife Cassian gave her is hidden and nods. Looking nervous, but visibly steeling herself.

Cassian and his sister get to the tenament housing down the block within minutes. The kids pause in their game, frozen between continuing their game and fleeing depending on what kind of strangers the pair prove to be. Slightly older than the kids playing on the street is a 14-yr-old girl who stand on the stoop of the old building, watching Cassian with eyes far older than they deserve to be.

Calseinica
Calseinica pauses at the hand on her shoulder, a smile growing on her lips at his words. She leans forward pressing a kiss to his lips. "Cassian..." she swallows, "thank you."

She watches Cassian carefully as he climbs down then, cautiously, follows his lead. She does manage to climb, slowly, down the length of the rope, but her arms are shaking by the bottom. Reaching terra firma she straightens, an amazed, pleased smile at her success.

Is Tarvi home?: 1d2 ⇒ 2

On the way back, unless Cassian seems nervous about an area, Calseinica tells him a little about the play. She is pleased that all of the actors in this production are far more considerate than either Thesing or Delour. "Oh, Millech said to say 'hi' next time I saw you. And... 'it damn harder up here without your monkey to work the lights. The little guy's welcome in my theater when ever he wants.'" Her voice slipping into a good mimic of Millech tone as she delivers the last.

Tarvi is, indeed, home when the pair gets there. Her cheerful "Welcome home" fading slightly as she sees Calseinica and tries to change it into a "Hi" midway.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
After the Drome
He angles her head backward for a passionate kiss. She can feel him hardening against her. Apparently, it has been a long time. "And you've helped me scratch itches I didn't even know I had." His hand snakes around to her sex, gently teasing. "I liked taking you without asking." He chuckles. "Nearly came when you went for your blade."

Gangs
"Hey there, slow hand." Cassian grins. "My lady friend and I want to see Selma. The rate still the same for couples?"

Bluff 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37

Street Justice
Cassian approaches the girl carefully, not wanting to frighten her. "Hi. I heard you had some trouble with a couple of the local boys. You want to tell me which ones?"

Calseinica
"Oh, good, you're home. Tarvi, this is Calseinica Nymmis. She's going to be staying with us for a little while. Cali, this is my little sister."


Gravlax:
The week of Desnus 1-7 1d100 ⇒ 571d20 ⇒ 12
Gravlax does not go to work, does go shopping. He is able to find everythin on his list and both Scalvo and Jask are happy to do more evening research for him. Jask is very happy to help with the slave paperwork, chuckling as Gravlax expains what he needs. However...

One evening, towards the end of the week, Mathalen stages a sneak attack as soon as Gravlax enters the new apartment. (An apartment that she really thinks is ridculously large for the two of them... but she did enjoy having the bathing tub after she scoured it.)

Mathalen's stealth vs Gravlax's perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 321d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
She does manage to surprise him, but her attempt to grapple him to the ground would still provoke an response from him, if he choose.

Mathalen
With a chuckle and smile her body follows her hand, sliding until she comes to rest straddling his hips. She leans forward, upper body just barely held an inch away from his as she whisper into his lips, "I will endeavor to do so."

Fiosa
Gravlax arrives at the alley behind the house where Fiosa both lives and works around the time that she gets to grab an afternoon break. Knocking on the small gate in the wall is answered by 1d2 ⇒ 2 Fiosa cautiously opening the door. She blinks a few times, lids closing over all white, blind eyes. Gravlax?


The Raven:
Do we have trouble?: 1d100 ⇒ 28
The Raven's journey across town is unmolested, until...

Attractive? Moonbathers?: 1d100 ⇒ 351d100 ⇒ 77
he come upon the sight of an older woman, body firm but far blush of womanhood naked in a small garden on the roof of an apartment, slowly washing herself from a pot of heated (based on the steam) water.


Zsz:
Tarvi
She nods, "The parents have an apartment above the store. Cass and I grew up there." Her voice just a little tight but covers it quickly as she goes on, "It's been in Mother's family for a few generations, all so very middle class rich."

Her head cocks to the side slightly, "What did you like best about where you grew up?"

Vitti
He nods. "I can start doing the work..." thinks for a moment, "day after tomorrow. Need to make sure I have enough coating material. Will take about two days for me to do the work and another two for it to fully cure."

A pause, "Exothermic reaction while curing, so you'll be more comfortable if you sleep in a different room." One green eyebrow raises, "Anything else for this part?"


Cassian:
After the Drome
She meets the kiss with rising passion, a shuddering moan passing from her lips to his as his hand moves around her body. Janiven swallows, "I liked you being in me, coming to awareness with my body already in a fever pitch for you." She moves against his hardness, "If you were anyone else, I'd still be going for it." Her tone matter a fact even as she encourages his passion.

Gangs
He shakes his head slowly. Then, slowly, almost painfully, "Have a seat, boss'll be down in just a minute." And, true to the man's word, a few minutes later an attractive, older lady comes down the stairs into the entrance parlor. She bows her head in greeting and after hearing Cassian's request from the scratchy voice of the barman, she shakes her head sadly. "I am very sorry, sir, but Selma is a little under the weather. Both for her own recovery and our patron's health, she isn't working this week." The almost-lie rolling off the woman's tongue like oil. "If you let me know what aspect of Selma's many talents please you, I'd be happy to recommend a substitute." Her eyes go over to the blonde next to Cassian then back to him, "We have a number of sapphics if you prefer to watch your partner in pleasure."

Street Justice
Even with his cautious approach, the girl weight settles on the ball of her feet, ready to move if he tries to grab her. She shakes her head slightly, "Not me. Mrs Papadocalus." She just watches him for a moment, "Why do you want to know who they are?"

Calseinica
Caliseinica smiles at Tarvi, perhaps with a little nervousness Tarvi smiles back. A small motion towards her brother and Tarvi's voice whispers, almost silent, into Cassian's ear. "I guess I'm really not a hindrance to your love life." Her tone teasing. Quickly, covering the silent, across room, whisper, she asks, "Happy to have you with us but..." Tarvi shrugs a little, apologetic, "But why?" Curiosity more than defense in the dark-haired girl's voice.

Caliseinica blushes. "I... got a marriage offer. Didn't really want it and Dad was going to turn it down, even if he does want to see me settled before he gets too much older, but then his wife came into town. She... was eager to see me... make a politically advantageous match for my brother's connections." Cali's voice growing a little flat as she speaks. "I was feeling a little... cornered. Cassian," Cali turns with a bright, brilliant smile to Tarvi's brother, [b]"stopped by when he found out I might be in over my head."

Tarvi nods once, then looks at her brother, checking if he wants to add anything.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
After the Drome
The passion grows in his breathless voice as he moves against her. "Were I anyone else, I'd be dead already," the edged words stoking the fire within him. His finger swirls over her, then parts her, and she feels him again, insistently entering her to the hilt. His finger retreats to her button, dancing over it in time with his thrusts.

Gangs
Cassian looks over at Thekla appraisingly. "Tempting. I'll admit that is one of the great joys of life, but one must be intimate with a goddess, as I am." He gestures at the blonde rogue. "In any case, my partner and I prefer someone we can share... I'm certain you don't need all the details, but suffice it to say, Selma is really the only one who can satisfy us. Now, I understand you want only what's best for your girls, but I'll tell you this. We are extremely gentle... we're sort of specialists, if you take my meaning. Our lives are hard, so our lovemaking is often quite soft. And the second point is... money is no object."

Street Justice
"I want to have a talk with them. Young men need to learn how to treat women."

Calseinica
Cassian nods, confirming the actress's story. "So what we're going to do tonight is get carry out from the place down the street and you two can get to know each other."


female half-elf witch 15

Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Oh, yeah. Huh." Azhar shrugs again, non-commit-ally.

"Is it trapped, or should we feel free to open in?" Zsz asks.

If informed it is not trapped, Zsz will attempt to open the door.


female half-elf witch 15

Post Sisters of Eiseth drinking

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
At some point towards the end of the evening, Zsz will head to the bathroom and emerge after 1d4 40 minutes, looking thoroughly indigent, smelling of alcohol, her dress somewhat tattered.
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax gets up to settle his tab.
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar follows suit.

And presumably they and all those sober and stealthy enough to accompany them set off.


female half-elf witch 15

Tarvi:
chavamana wrote:
Her head cocks to the side slightly, "What did you like best about where you grew up?"

"I liked my studies," Zsz answers. "The arcane resources there are remarkable, for those than can get access to them. I liked the natural beauty of the place. But mostly I liked leaving."

The slightest of pauses. "May I be frank with you about something?"

Vitti:
chavamana wrote:
A pause, "Exothermic reaction while curing, so you'll be more comfortable if you sleep in a different room." One green eyebrow raises, "Anything else for this part?"

"The lock on the bathroom door, I think would be all. Oh, thanks you so much!" she says, a broad grin breaking out on her face. "I cannot tell you how delightful it's going to be to have a restful night of sleep."


Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

"Is it trapped, or should we feel free to open in?" Zsz asks.

If informed it is not trapped, Zsz will attempt to open the door.

The front door of the Delvehaven creaks loudly with age as it is pushed open, letting you into a room with a 25-foot high ceiling. To the left and right there are wooden doors and before you there is a spacious vestibule.

Wide wooden stairs curl around the outer walls of this large vestibule, leading to the floor above. Several cushioned chairs line the east and west walls, all facing a large but empty display platform in the center of the room. A bronze plaque bearing an inscription sits on the north edge of the platform, while several huge paintings, each six feet tall, hang on the walls. Most of the paintings have been defaced and damaged beyond repair, but one seems untouched—a depiction of a pair of hunters overlooking the recently slain body of a horned beast.

K:nature DC 18:
The horned beast in the picture is a triceratops.

Bronze plaque inscription:
“Triceratops slain by Donatalus Bisby—4599 ar.”

The vestibule seems to lead directly into another room, but the light coming in from the open front door doesn't provide enough light to illuminate it. (And the vestibule plus entrance is 60-ft.


Post Sisters of Eiseth drinking

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:


Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
At some point towards the end of the evening, Zsz will head to the bathroom and emerge after 1d4 40 minutes, looking thoroughly indigent, smelling of alcohol, her dress somewhat tattered.
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax gets up to settle his tab.
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar follows suit.
And presumably they and all those sober and stealthy enough to accompany them set off.

Indeed they do set off, with those who are not Zsz following her at around 180-ft. Which of the many dangerous neighborhoods would they like to troll for gargoyles on? (Rego Cader and Crua are mostly considered abandoned and are separated from the lower part of the city by a hefty river. There is a bridge which is manned both day and night. On the south, inhabited, side there are rough neighborhoods in both Rego Pena and Rego Scriba generally on the northern ends.


Gozran 23, afternoon -- Natsunoya Tea House

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
chavamana wrote:
The main room of the teahouse is a bit boisterous, poorly sung music wafting from a crowded corner where a group of disreputable men drink and probably gamble. The young man bow to Zsz and Tarvi, "How may I help our honored guests?"
"We're with the two who just went down that hallway there," Zsz replies.

The woman, hearing the comment, bows deeply and turns to lead the new pair down the same hallway, sliding open the rice paper doors.

Inside there is a low table surrounded by cushions on the floor. The hostess speak briefly to Amaya in a musical tonal language, Amaya responds with a single word and a smile. As the doors slide shut, Amaya explains, "She'll bring us the menu along with some tea in a moment. She apologized for not having it with her, but has assumed it would be my parents joining us."


Zsz:
Delvehaven Gates
Ack - In addition to the magic of the barrier being, indeed, strong and powerful, it is made of a combination of abjuration and transmutation magic. - Sorry about the missed post.

Tarvi
"Of course." She replies simply.

Vitti
He nods, "I can probably get the lock done tomorrow if that is a priority."


Cassian:
After the Drome
"Yes." The word gasped out as he thrusts into her - either in response to his comment, his actions, or both. She meets his thrusts with simple twists of her hips, with a tightening of the muscles that surround him, with subvocal encouragement that occasionally turns to gasping scream as the feel of him inside combined with teasing touch cause her body to writhe in the erotic dance he is able to touch off in Janiven so well.

Gangs
Thekla looks back at him, her body language suggesting that what Cassian says is so true and more, only the bright, intelligent gleam in her eyes revealing amusement at his choice of approach.

The madam takes a deep breath, one that expands her impressive bosom. "I really do with I could help you, sir. But when I say that Thekla is not working, I mean that her illness is being tended at her residence." She holds up a hand to stave off protest for a moment, "First, once one of my girls can afford to have her own place and chooses to, it is because she wishes to have privacy when she is not working." Her tone calm, pleasing. "While I am sure she would be pleased to see you both under normal circumstances, I never give out the residential information of those who work for me. To do so would be a betrayal of her trust in me." The woman's face hardens, an odd match for the glint of guilt in the eyes.

Street Justice
There is a pause, a deep consideration of Cassian, a searching for a lie on his face. Slowly she nods. "'ust a new gang. Like to call themselves the Otyugh Boys. My brother said he saw them hanging about the old tannery. He told me to give it wide berth." (Cassian does know where said tannery is located.)

Calseinica
Tarvi doesn't even need to glance between the two, she just flashes the newcomer a quick smile. "Anything you hate to eat?" Calseinica shakes her head. Tarvi nods, "I'll go grab the food then." Leaves. Clearly wanting to give the woman Cassian brought home a chance to settle a bit without having to make polite small talk with a practical stranger. That and maybe to consider this change to their homelife without having to play host as well.

Caliseinica, carefully, a little while after Tarvi leaves, "She isn't upset that you are letting me stay here... is she?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

K-nature: 1d1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

"Neat," Gravlax says, looking up at the painting in the dim light.


female half-elf witch 15

Tarvi:
"It's doubtless obvious to you that I keep some matters secret," Zsz says. "The main reason is that there are certain things that, if they became generally known, would likely put my life at risk."

"I'd like to simply be up front with you about that, and say that you can ask me anything you'd like, and if it touches on those subjects, for now, I'll either answer as honestly as I can or simply tell you that I can't answer."

"My general thought, not meaning to jump the gun or anything, was that if we both decide at some point we might want to date more seriously, I'd tell you all the information then."

"Does that seem fair?"

Vitti:
"That sounds perfect. Thank you!" She gives Vitti a friendly hug.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female half-elf witch 15

Post Sisters of Eiseth drinking

chavamana wrote:
Indeed they do set off, with those who are not Zsz following her at around 180-ft. Which of the many dangerous neighborhoods would they like to troll for gargoyles on? (Rego Cader and Crua are mostly considered abandoned and are separated from the lower part of the city by a hefty river. There is a bridge which is manned both day and night. On the south, inhabited, side there are rough neighborhoods in both Rego Pena and Rego Scriba generally on the northern ends.

I believe Azhar had suggested areas of the Rego Crua. Would getting over the bridge or across the river pose any difficulties?


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

1d100 ⇒ 70

The Raven watches from the darkness. When she has mostly finished, his voice floats toward her -- quiet but nearby. "And do you not fear the night of Westcrown, milady?"


female half-elf witch 15

Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"Neat," Gravlax says, looking up at the painting in the dim light.

"My own enthusiasm is somewhat dimmed by the prospect that it might have walked off the platform by itself."

Zsz wanders into the vestibule and peers into the room beyond.


female half-elf witch 15

Gozran 23, afternoon -- Natsunoya Tea House

chavamana wrote:
Inside there is a low table surrounded by cushions on the floor. The hostess speak briefly to Amaya in a musical tonal language, Amaya responds with a single word and a smile. As the doors slide shut, Amaya explains, "She'll bring us the menu along with some tea in a moment. She apologized for not having it with her, but has assumed it would be my parents joining us."

"Thank you, Amaya," Zsz says as she takes a seat. "How are you both?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
After the Drome
For a time, he is content to let her take the lead, applying pressure with his body, encouraged by the sounds she makes. But as bliss nears, almost roughly, he moves into a kneeling position, forcing her onto all fours in front of him. At that moment all subtlety vanishes. The strokes come with punishing strength and agonizing slowness.

Gangs
Cassian nods, feigning disappointment. "I appreciate your integrity. I've never known a proprietor of such an establishment to turn down an offer of unlimited money, but far be it from me to tell you your business." He sighs. "Yes, get us a similar girl. We won't pay full price, of course. Not after being so cruelly disappointed."

Street Justice
"Listen to your brother." Cassian flips her a copper and heads for the tannery.

Calseinica
"Confused, I think. I'm not known for... this sort of thing."

Cassian leads the way into the bedroom. "Khazrae, Calseinica, Calseinica, Khazrae. Don't worry, she's nicer than she looks. Khaz, I'm going to put you by the window in the living room at night, if you don't mind."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"Neat," Gravlax says, looking up at the painting in the dim light.

"My own enthusiasm is somewhat dimmed by the prospect that it might have walked off the platform by itself."

Zsz wanders into the vestibule and peers into the room beyond.

Beyond the vestibule is an airy hall separates two repositories lined with shelves of books. What was once a welcoming library, the twin chambers are now covered with a film of dust and the heavy air of disuse. The hallway ends in double doors. Thousands of books line the shelves.

Upon examination, the books prove to be a catalog of the adventures and discoveries of the Pathfinders associatied with Delvehaven. Additionally, on the north wall there is a large collection of the Pathfinder Chronicles, probably complete one hundred years ago, it still has 75% of the current full collection, quite a prize for a book dealer or a Venture-Captain of the Society.

Sense Motive DC 20:
There is something about the collection that rises the hair on the back of your neck, specific volumes that seems to be less dust covered than the rest.

From the outside the building looked to be two stories. From this pair of rooms you have three exits that continue to explore the first floor (straight ahead through the library, left and right) and two staircase that ascend upstairs.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian gets a closer look at the Chronicles, paying particular attention to the less dusty ones.


female half-elf witch 15

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

"Creepy," Zsz comments. "I wonder who's been reading them."

"Should we explore the ground floor first? Straight ahead to start, perhap?". As an afterthought she says, "Lumos," and the tip of her wand flares with torchlike light.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

dice:

k.nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

"My own enthusiasm is somewhat dimmed by the prospect that it might have walked off the platform by itself."

Zsz wanders into the vestibule and peers into the room beyond.

"or perhaps found it's way into the painting, waiting to be released." he peers at it suspiciously, "why do you think it's the only one undamaged? Is it magic?"


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Gozran 23, afternoon -- Natsunoya Tea House

"Thank you, Amaya," Zsz says as she takes a seat. "How are you both?"

"Well, thank you." Azhar says, glancing at Amaya for confirmation, "How about yourself? Anything particularly interesting happen since we last apoke?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Sense Motive: 1d20+9

"Creepy," Zsz comments. "I wonder who's been reading them."

"Should we explore the ground floor first? Straight ahead to start, perhap?". As an afterthought she says, "Lumos," and the tip of her wand flares with torchlike light.

"Search me," Cassian says, looking at the patterns of dust on the books. Rygel, sitting on his shoulder, has his chin cupped in one hand thoughtfully. Finally, he chirps something. "I doubt that, buddy," Cassian says. "Haven't seen a privy down here."

In response to the second question, he says, "I'd say downstairs first, and left is always better."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Sense Motive: 1d20+9

"Creepy," Zsz comments. "I wonder who's been reading them."

"Should we explore the ground floor first? Straight ahead to start, perhap?". As an afterthought she says, "Lumos," and the tip of her wand flares with torchlike light.

"Fine by me." Azhar stops, waiting to see if Cassian or the others can make anything else of the Chronicles before they continue on. "I would normally have taken a left, leaving less unknown at my back, the better, but I vaguely recall an admonition to be bold recently and I think striding right down the center might fit that."

Cassian Merro wrote:
"I'd say downstairs first, and left is always better."

and then in response to Cassian, he nods and adds, "Alright, left then."


female half-elf witch 15
Cassian wrote:


In response to the second question, he says, "I'd say downstairs first, and left is always better."

"Taking the sinister path works for me," she agrees.

She casts Detect Magic and examines the picture, after turning a reassuring smile towards Azhar.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
Cassian wrote:


In response to the second question, he says, "I'd say downstairs first, and left is always better."

"Taking the sinister path works for me," she agrees.

She casts Detect Magic and examines the picture, after turning a reassuring smile towards Azhar.

Rygel chirps, holding up his right hand. "Your other left," Rygel holds up his left hand.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Gravlax pulls out the Delvehaven ledger, and flips through it, looking for any info about the painting.

And when he has found something -- or not, He nods, and puts the ledger back into his haversack.

"Straight, left, right, up, down," Gravlax shrugs. "We'll hit it all eventually."


Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

Vestibule with missing exhibit and suspiciously clean painting

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"My own enthusiasm is somewhat dimmed by the prospect that it might have walked off the platform by itself."
"or perhaps found it's way into the painting, waiting to be released." he peers at it suspiciously, "why do you think it's the only one undamaged? Is it magic?"
She casts Detect Magic and examines the picture, after turning a reassuring smile towards Azhar.

Zsz:
Neither the picture nor the platform are magical. The books, for all the feeling they engender, are not magical.
Cassian:
The erinyes can confirm that, when she was here, a triceratops skeleton was on display here. "How the f+&$'all am I supposed to know where the pile of bones took itself to?"

.
Library of Chronicles

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian gets a closer look at the Chronicles, paying particular attention to the less dusty ones.
"Creepy," Zsz comments. "I wonder who's been reading them."

Cassian finds there are five tomes that seem to cry out to be read: The Shipwreck of Hoakrem Krin, Scorin Kastel and the Siege of Moenspire, The Lycanthropy of Evran Townsend, Memoirs of a Hatchling Nursemaiden, and The Imprisonment of Marcos Trom. The covers of each are bright, almost seeming new.

.
The Path Sinister

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Cassian Merro wrote:
"I'd say downstairs first, and left is always better."
and then in response to Cassian, he nods and adds, "Alright, left then."
"Taking the sinister path works for me," she agrees.

The door opens to reveal a T shaped hallway with the door leading to the vestibule and a door presumably leading outside being the top of the T. An The archway at the entrance to this long corridor is decorated with an inscription in the common tongue — “Who can go forward without knowing from whence they came?”

Cassian OR Perception DC 30 (FT: urban applies):
Both halves of this hallway are absolutely identical and looking down gives a sense of vertigo.
Cassian:
Trap sense banging. Cassian gets a twisting sense of vertigo as he tries to picture a path walking forward to the mid-point, but from the mid-point on, forward seems right. The vertigo goes away when he pictures himself walking down the first half of the hallway backwards and turn to face forward at the mid-point.

Zsz OR detect magic and spellcraft DC 22:
There is a magical conjuration effect that is part of the hallway.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Library of Chronicles
Cassian sets those volumes aside. "These are the new ones."

The Path Sinister
Cassian puts his hand on the wall, swaying woozily. "Trap," he says, shuddering with a dry heave. "Have to... hang on." He turns around, and begins walking down the hall backwards. In the middle, he turns around to face forward in the middle.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

Mathalen in Gravlax's new apartment

She does provoke a response from him, but it's not an attack. He does not attempt to break her grapple, but attempts to fall in the general direction of something soft. "Oooof! ...and how was your day?"

Mathalen in Gravlax's old apartment

He whispers back, "I'll hold you to it," and leans up just far enough to brush a kiss across her lips.

Fiosa

"Yes," he says. "Do you have a moment to talk privately about a tall dark friend of mine?"


Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

At the end of the backwards-forwards hallway, you find yourself at the top of another T. To the right, one can barely make out the double doors of the library to the right and, across the hallway from the library exit, an archway into another room. To the left a door that would lead back towards the front of the Delvehaven (north) and a ninety-degree turn to the south.

The door to the north is only about 10-ft away. It opens easily and reveals a dusty double privy.

Perception DC 20 (FT:urban applies):
There are small scratches and marks in the dust, like something the size of a baby has crawled in and out of the hole many times for decades.

From the corner where the privy is located you can see a closed door to the east, just at the edge of your vision and a arch leading to the west directly across from it.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

The Path Sinister

Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian puts his hand on the wall, swaying woozily. "Trap," he says, shuddering with a dry heave. "Have to... hang on." He turns around, and begins walking down the hall backwards. In the middle, he turns around to face forward in the middle.

Azhar watches Cassian for an instant, shrugs before following suit, backing down the hallway.

Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

chavamana wrote:
The door to the north is only about 10-ft away. It opens easily and reveals a dusty double privy.

"Any thoughts on what's making those scratches?" Azhar says quietly in Cassian's direction.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Azhar wrote:
"Any thoughts on what's making those scratches?" Azhar says quietly in Cassian's direction.

"Privy baby?" Cassian ventures.


Cassian Merro wrote:
Azhar wrote:
"Any thoughts on what's making those scratches?" Azhar says quietly in Cassian's direction.
"Privy baby?" Cassian ventures.

Fiosa looks at Cassian, a thought line forming on her forehead, "What's a privy baby?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:
Fiosa looks at Cassian, a thought line forming on her forehead, "What's a privy baby?"

"I was hoping someone else knew," he says, plainly uncertain.


Zsz:
Tarvi
Tarvi doesn't answer quickly, instead she turns the proposal over in her mind, examining it. Finally, about a block later, "Everyone has things that they may not want to share, so I think that is very fair. And I would prefer that you can't answer to a lie."

Vitti
The green-haired man stiffens a little when she hugs him. Then he awkwardly pats Zsz on her back. "Happy to be of help Ms. Zsz." And when she releases him, in a somewhat more normal tone, "I'll arrange supplies in the morning. What time in the afternoon should I come to fix the lock? It shouldn't take more than two hours." His tone clear that he thinks it will take less time but his cautious nature requires that he give the maximum it may take.


Cassian:
After the Drome
Enjoying the feel of him moving in her, Janiven resists at first the change, until both his insistence and the simple fact he doesn't intend to stop kicks in. On all fours, he has control, Janiven only able to use internal muscles to caress him as he enters and withdraws. Moans of pleasure that she lets loose into the mattress.

Gangs
The madam tries to hide it, but there is the pain of disappointment at losing all that money behind her eyes. With a generous smile that hides the exultation that would normally be called a sigh, the madam nods. "Of course, sir. Do you care more about your substitute being similar to Selma's physical type or her more trained talents."

"And, of course, we would be beyond pleased to get in touch with you when Selma is no longer sick."

And when Cassian gives his preference, she leads the pair upstairs. If Cassian has obviously visible weapons she asks him to check them at the bar. Upstairs she knocks on a door then opens it, letting Cassian and Thekla into the small, windowed room.

Street Justice
Although this particular tannery hasn't been in active use for half a decade, the area still carries the reek of urea.

Cassian perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

From about a half a block away, Cassian can make out four forms moving around the interior of the tannery. All move with masculine strides, one significantly more bulky than the other forms.

Calseinica
Khazrae responds first, "Oh good. At least you aren't planning on leaving me in a room to f%&% with someone and then get pissed when I remind you about it later."

Calseinica turns a deep pink with an embarassed blush. She somehow still manages to choke out a "Nice to met you, Khazrae." A response which just makes the head laugh. As Cassian moves her out to the living room, "Still going to leave the window shade open... right?"

4,501 to 4,550 of 9,364 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.