Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


4,401 to 4,450 of 9,364 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>

GM:
Door Nun -69 (dead)
Fire -15,-33,-43,-46,-83, -98 (dead)
Nun2 -64 (-10 hp) stable
nun3 -73 (very dead)
nun4 -67 (-17 hp) dying 1d20 + 4 - 16 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 16 = -11
nun5 -59 (-6) stable
nun6 -73 (very dead)

Azhar -0
Cassian -0
Gravlax -0
Zsz -0 (-2 CON, -7 addl' HP)

Fiosa -1/23
Mathalen -0/40


Azhar:
Gozran 22
Her amethyst eyes go glinty, glaring at him as he teases her insecurity.

"Tomorrow, that way I can let Mom know that I won't be eating."


Zsz:
Tarvi
Tarvi grins back. "Either one could work, but it would probably work better to find a building first so that we can be prepared for whatever is lurking in the shadows."

Vitti
"That could be a major renovation but, at the very least, we can ensure a environs dark enough for your comfort." He thinks, "I should stay here for a few hours more, but I could stop by after and give you some quote for different levels of yer fixer-upper."

Fiosa
A slight blush but with a smile, "I can ensure that selected boutiques carry such garments and I would be happy to go along if you would like my company."

To the second, Fiosa nods, "If death did not exist, the creature would starve. Of course, he also wouldn't be trapped and sealed, so maybe he would be able to expand on his diet."


Cassian:
Devildrome
She gets a relieved look on her face when she finds out that now one participated in an orgy with Westcrown's mayor... because... ewww.

"So we know that she's a noble and she has money to blow." Worry for him in her eyes, "Which means her home probably has magic security and she can afford guards so you need to be really careful."

After the Drome
Take-20 on the locks
Cass stealth v Janiven perception 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 17 + 2 = 361d20 + 12 + 4 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 4 + 2 - 10 = 211d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 17 + 2 = 301d20 + 12 + 4 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 4 + 2 - 10 = 221d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 17 + 2 = 321d20 + 12 + 4 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 4 + 2 - 10 = 28
Cassian successfully unlocks the door and opens it without waking the woman who is sleeping on her side on the bed, curled up.

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
The orc pours Cassian his drink, half the light half the darker.

"Good to know. Psychopaths are extremely damaging to the bottom line." Thekla laughs, low in her throat. "If you'd approached the boys upstairs in a manner that indicated you wanted a fight, I'm sure they could have found someone suitable. But responding polite with polite is a policy that I did help encourage... once I could."

"Good eye." She swirls the green liquid which clings to glass for a moment before slowly receding back to the bottom. "It's an identifier for who I am and who I'm allied with," a smile, "And, yes, I have other tattoos. Although most of them are just for my own personal taste not anything deeper." Another sip. Watches Rygel for a moment, "Was he worth what he ended up costing you?"


female half-elf witch 15

Tarvi:
chavamana wrote:
Tarvi grins back. "Either one could work, but it would probably work better to find a building first so that we can be prepared for whatever is lurking in the shadows."

"Sounds like an excellent plan. When might be good for you?"

Vitti:
chavamana wrote:
"That could be a major renovation but, at the very least, we can ensure a environs dark enough for your comfort." He thinks, "I should stay here for a few hours more, but I could stop by after and give you some quote for different levels of yer fixer-upper."

Zsz nods and gives Vitti her address and any other relevant information.

Fiosa:
chavamana wrote:
A slight blush but with a smile, "I can ensure that selected boutiques carry such garments and I would be happy to go along if you would like my company."

"Wonderful. I'm looking forward to it."

chavamana wrote:
To the second, Fiosa nods, "If death did not exist, the creature would starve. Of course, he also wouldn't be trapped and sealed, so maybe he would be able to expand on his diet."

"Well, that does make sense," Zsz replies, enlightened.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Questioning the Dead - Coriana

Coriana Heavenscape wrote:

"Dontalus probably has his notes." Smoke Coriana's head cocks. "Or maybe Ilnerik has them, I mean he is the scribe."

"If Ilnerik has them..." a shrug. "Dontalus and Ilnerik started fighing a month or so ago and Ilnerik just disappeared last week."

"Rumor is that Ilnerik went north," Gravlax says. "There's a lot of north. Any idea where he might have been headed?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

The Raven sighs. "If you try and fight, I will simply kill you. And this whole trip is for naught." Not threatening. Not defiant. Just factual.

To the doctor: "If I have to kill him, yes."

To Lefty again: "You were up in front of the Courts about a month ago. The law has had her fill of you, and her punishment was fiduciary. The Raven has yet to take your measure. I come to offer you a choice, and if you touch that sword, you make it."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Devildrome
"I'm always careful," he fibs. "I'm almost certain she has some connection to what's going on. Because no one packs that much magic on themselves without knowing what to do with it."

After the Drome
For a long moment, Cassian merely exalts in the power of being there. Then, silently, he undresses, stacking armor, clothing, and weapons in a little pile. He goes to their drawer and fetches the oil, lubricating himself quickly.

And then he slips behind her, guiding himself inside, and begins @#*!ing. His arms wrap around hers, first hard, trying keep her from going for the blade.

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
"Didn't cost me a damn thing, really. But even if he had, yes. It's not something I expect everyone -- or even anyone -- to understand. But he more than pulls his own weight. If I had a tattoo like yours, it would probably be of him. But then he'd want to get a tattoo of me, and that just seems awkward."

He downs the drink. "So who are you allied with, if you don't mind my asking."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

He bends into her, matching her kiss, hunger for hunger, need for need.

He holds her in mid-air for a few beats, responding, then slowly lowers her back to the bed.

He locks eyes with her. His pupils are so large that his eyes are nearly black. He tries to say something, but what comes out is a deep noise that clearly says want.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Questioning the Dead - Coriana

"Friendly warning if you do," Zsz says to Azhar sotto voce. "Jaytirian's one of those areas that is simply rife with cannibals. Unpleasant people, really."

"Yes. I'd imagine being eaten would not rate among my most pleasant of experiences."

Chava/a:
Gozran 22
Her amethyst eyes go glinty, glaring at him as he teases her insecurity.
"Tomorrow, that way I can let Mom know that I won't be eating."

Azhar smiles wanly at Amaya as she glares at him. He really is quite fond of her.

Zsz:
late Gozran 22
Azhar approaches the dark skinned, white haired, very human. "Hi Zsz! Amaya and I were looking to have a small dinner at Natsunoya Tea House tomorrow night. Would you be interested in joining us?"


female half-elf witch 15
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Yes. I'd imagine being eaten would not rate among my most pleasant of experiences."

"Hm?" She considers for a moment, then nods in agreement. "Oh, yes, that too. You're absolutely right."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Hm?" She considers for a moment, then nods in agreement. "Oh, yes, that too. You're absolutely right."

Cassian watches his shoes.

Sense Motive DC 23:
He's desperately trying not to laugh, and trying even harder not to look at Azhar or Amaya.


female half-elf witch 15

Azhar:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar approaches the dark skinned, white haired, very human. "Hi Zsz! Amaya and I were looking to have a small dinner at Natsunoya Tea House tomorrow night. Would you be interested in joining us?"

"I would love to," Zsz replies with a smile.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

dice:

sense motive dc23: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 4 = 30
bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Azhar glances at Cassian. He blinks, a corner of his mouth quirks. Other than that, his expression doesn't change...much.
Sense Motive dc16:
he is mildly amused at something

Zsz:
"Great! Maybe a little before 5 then? Would you like to see if Tarvi can come too, or just make it a threesome?


female half-elf witch 15

Azhar:
"I shall ask Tarvi the next time I see her," Zsz replies. "But I look forward to it whether it proves to be a threesome or a foursome."


Questioning the Dead - Coriana

Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"Rumor is that Ilnerik went north," Gravlax says. "There's a lot of north. Any idea where he might have been headed?"

"He didn't really supply a travel itinerary when he ran off in the middle of the night." Coriana's voice smoke dry.


GM:
Door Nun -69 (dead)
Fire -15,-33,-43,-46,-83, -98 (dead)
Nun2 -64 (-10 hp) stable
nun3 -73 (very dead)
nun4 -67 (-16 hp) dying 1d20 + 4 - 16 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 16 = -10
nun5 -59 (-6) stable
nun6 -73 (very dead)

Zsz:
Tarvi
"Cass has something planned for a few random nights but other than that I'm free." She pauses, a disgusted look flashing over her face for a moment. "The highlight of my social life is that my brother has a job he wants my help with... that is just sad." A shrug and smile, "This may be why one entire wall of the apartment is a metal and wood jungle for Rygel."

Vitti
And in a few hours the there is a soft, polite knock on the door of Zsz's apartment.

Fiosa
Fiosa looks up and down Zsz's body. "What kind of budget do you want to work within? It will probably take a few days for me to get a long enough break in my schedule. If that is alright?"


The RAVEN:
Is Lefty an idiot?: 1d100 ⇒ 83

There is a incredibly pleased caw as Lefty's hand continues for a few seconds more towards the sword. Doc's Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 The sound chilling in it's happy glee at the prospect. "Oh... goodies. Flying is so draining and I'm hungry."

The merchant's body freezes for a full combat round. Then he decidedly pulls back from the dagger. The doc makes an offended squawk. And Lefty looks at The Raven. "And just what choice are you offering?" The merchant fully prepared to take advantage of every haggling skill he has honed over decades of work.


Cassian:
Devildrome
She nods, "That much... yeah." Tarvi's eyes sharpen. "Which means that you have to be more careful, Cas. Because even if you can get past security and guards, she's probably dangerous."

A long pause. Then blushing a little as she realizes just how redundant that is, "...and you know that already." Then with more thinking behind the words, "If she's a noble of one of the wealthier houses, she probably lives in Corna and all of those estates have personal armies practically."

Thanks for the heads up, I will pull up the notes I have that would be needed for checking up on Chammady.

After the Drome
In the first moments, Janiven fights like a tiger, her arms pushing against his arms restraining her, her body bucking, trying to find a way to kick. The first instincts before her senses even trip on.

First her body, tight around him, her fighting having only driven him deeply into her. Her voice, alert yet froggy with sleep, "Cassian." As she breathes in, knowing him. No question.

And, then, no hesitation as her hips move against him, this time encouraging the connection instead of fighting it. Her hands, no longer reaching for the dagger, instead wriggling fighting their way back to tease against his body.

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
She chuckles, "Pretty sure they'd have to shave him to ink him and I don't think the little guy would like that. Plus the fur would grow back and you'd never be able to see it."

A pause as Thekla looks at him, "If you're as good as your tone says you are, I'd expect you to be able to find out. However, in the spirit of... friendly, open welcome, I'm a Naga Kicker." She rolls her eyes, "Yeah, the name's rot but they had it before I knew they existed."

She looks around the room then back at Cassian. "This place exists as neutral ground for the smaller groups in the city. So we disapprove of fights. If someone picks a fight with you, do defend yourself and they'll be fined. You provoke them into it, you'll both be fined. Other than that, it's just a place to do a little business, meet like minded people, and relax knowing that everyone around you is just as likely to be a criminal as yourself." She doesn't say it, but the raised eyebrow seems to ask, 'Do we understand each other?'

Cassian has heard of the Naga Kickers, but knows surprisingly little about them other than they are highly skilled, highly selective, and the details of most of their jobs don't become public knowledge. Cassian has heard of a few espionage heists.


Gravlax:
Eyes locked, her feet slipping around his waist, encouraging him to come back towards her. The darkness in her eyes response to the want in his, need.

Choked, full of desire that makes her voice gravel. "Please, Gravlax.."


Azhar:
Suddenly, with no warning, she leans forward, and kisses him.

Pulling away, "And don't you forget it."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Questioning the Dead - Coriana

Coriana Heavenscape wrote:
"He didn't really supply a travel itinerary when he ran off in the middle of the night." Coriana's voice smoke dry.

Gravlax looks around at the others. "That was really the only follow-up question I had."


female half-elf witch 15

Tarvi:
chavamana wrote:
"Cass has something planned for a few random nights but other than that I'm free." She pauses, a disgusted look flashing over her face for a moment. "The highlight of my social life is that my brother has a job he wants my help with... that is just sad." A shrug and smile, "This may be why one entire wall of the apartment is a metal and wood jungle for Rygel."

"Quite the lucky monkey. I hope Rygel will not be too put out that you have scheduled something that does not involve your brother."

I assume they will set a day for this to happen.

Vitti:
chavamana wrote:
And in a few hours the there is a soft, polite knock on the door of Zsz's apartment.

Zsz opens the door. "Come in, come in!" she says. "Can I offer you anything to drink?"

Fiosa:
chavamana wrote:
Fiosa looks up and down Zsz's body. "What kind of budget do you want to work within? It will probably take a few days for me to get a long enough break in my schedule. If that is alright?"

"Hm. I'd like to get nice underwear if I'm going to bother to get underwear at all, but there's no need for it to be jewel-encrusted. So perhaps the low to at most the mid double digits? And I'm happy to wait until you have the time."

I assume they will set a day for this to happen.


female half-elf witch 15

GM:
And let's try a Gather Information check to ask around and see if I can find out information about any abandoned houses that might be fun to explore ...

Diplomacy (Gather Information): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


female half-elf witch 15

Questioning the Dead - Coriana

Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax looks around at the others. "That was really the only follow-up question I had."

"I likewise have nothing more I can think of to ask."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

The Raven nods, and holds up three fingers.

"The behavior that got you hauled in front of the Court is not something that I can countenance in my city. One, you emancipate -- not sell, not trade, not kill -- all your slaves and go into another line of work."

He bends down one finger.

"Two, leave town. Emancipate some of your slaves to show your gratitude for not being killed, sell your properties in Westcrown, and go somewhere else."

The Raven cocks his head to the side as he bends down the second finger. "I would think at least fifteen percent. Does that sound good to you?" this last to the raven.

Back to Lefty: "Three. You bet your life on a flip of the coin."

The Raven also listens for any sounds of alarm from outside the door -- voices raised, the pounding of feet, etc.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava/a:
Gozran 22
Amaya wrote:
Suddenly, with no warning, she leans forward, and kisses him.Pulling away, "And don't you forget it."

Azhar shows his surprise. And then slowly a smile grows over his face. His foot reaches out, toe runs first up and then down her calf. "Thank you. 'maya. I will not."

He reaches out, hand softly cups her cheek, the rough skin of his thumb whisper soft against her smooth skin. His eyes show the desire for her that he is forcing himself to keep in check. "I wish... escapes his lips before being cut off.

Questioning the Dead - Coriana
"Me either, except..." his eyes return to the smoke, "Are there any loose ends you would want wrapped up?"


female half-elf witch 15

Also GM:
Oh, and she will also convey the dinner invite to Tarvi. She will not use the words threesome or foursome, although she is at this point minorly curious as to whether Azhar actually is as clueless as he seems, or is just kind of f#%!ing with everyone.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
After the Drome
The more she struggles, the rougher he is. As she calms, he leans in to pepper her cheek with kisses.

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
"Naga, please," Cassian says, drinking. "No, I've heard of you lot. Got a good rep, what there is of it, which is better than a bigger one."

He looks her over. "You seem pretty convinced I'm here to start something. You can settle down. Trust me, I don't fight fair. Going after someone on their home turf while I'm alone isn't exactly my style."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

At the look in her eyes, the sound of her voice, he acts.

Decisively.


Questioning the Dead - Coriana

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Me either, except..." his eyes return to the smoke, "Are there any loose ends you would want wrapped up?"

The smoke begins to flicker as the candle nears its end. A hopeful smile, "If, as you say, my city has not fallen to evil then nothing needs to shackle my soul."

Perception DC 25 and Heal DC 12:
As the group is collecting their hard-won prizes, two of the nuns have not fallen into Hell with the other remainder of their monastery. Those two women are disabled but stable. Without aid, they could still slip into death or they could recover.


Desnus 1 - 7

As spring showers continue with a warming of the temperature, Westcrown blooms. In the post-work afternoon courting couples walk in garden's bright with flowers. Parlors start to sell gelato as fresh fruit produce starts to trickle into the port city. The young, the rich, and the idle attend afternoon garden parties. Those areas of the city echoing with music and harsh laughter.

At night, those daring enough to have open windows have a breeze scented with roses.

A) K:engineering DC 15 or K:local DC 25:
There are growing rumors about a instability in the magic that previously flourished in Aberian’s Folly. At every time the mayor has been asked about it, he denies that there is any problem.

However all of his recent parties have relied on far more mundane means of heating and lighting than was previously the case.


B) K:local DC 15:
One of the more thuggish gangs in Rego Cader have been making forays into the city proper, disturbing the equilibrium of the undesirable element in Westcrown.
B) K:local DC 25:
The start of a discussions between the smaller independent criminal element in the city proper as to how to deal with them is in full swing.
B) K:local DC 35:
The independent groups mostly seem worried that such a blatant disregard for the balance of the city will bring the shadow Council of Theives into the fray.

C1) K:local DC 15:
There have been a number of bloody, torn bodies found in Rego Crua. The victims have all been members of the 'lower' classes and the normal night haunts are being blamed.
C1 and C2) K:nature DC 20:
Based on the information you have been able to get your hands on, it is possible that the murderer is actually a gargoyle.

D) K:local DC 20 or K:geography DC 20:
A trading ship from Sargava is supposed to come in on Desnus 20. It should be carrying a number of trade and luxury goods, including rare and exotic animals.

E) K:nobility DC 15 or K:local DC 20:
The rumors about a heist in Lord-Mayor Arvanxi's hidden vault continue. General opinion is on the side of the as yet still unknown noble rogues.

F) K:nobility DC 15 or K:local DC 25:
Despite a few early questions about suitability, the Oberigo family has formally made an offer for the youngest of the Nymmis females. This news has so excited Lady Nymmis that she has returned from her sojurn in the country with her other two unmarried daughters.

Rumor has it Lord Nymmis has been spending most of his time at his club.

Azhar:
Although none of the garden parties that Azhar hears about are open publicly, he does find out that on Desnus 6 there will be a talented foreign bardic group playing on Aroden's Rise and it is likely that will attract a spontaneous dance atmosphere.

Gravlax:
The duo of Scalvo and Jask have made headway into the paperwork liberated from Aberian’s Folly. So far they have determined that 50% of it is of no possible use, as the families in question have been destroyed or exiled.
They are currently focusing on the number of property deed transfers that happened during the 'dark time' between Aroden's death and the triumphant rise of House Thrune. As best have they have determined so far a number of the current 'major' houses appear to have strong-armed their way into property ownership. Not horribly surprising, but they do think they can provide Gravlax into a specific lineage rise of the 12 major houses and which other families are allied with them.

Or they can look into another use of the paperwork if Gravlax isn't interested in that.


Zsz:
Gather Information
Zsz is able to pick up rumors of a few abandoned buildings in Rego Crua and Cader that have interesting occupants. And dropping the GM a direction of what flavor of 'interesting' Zsz would want to look into and one of those locations will have the desired occupation.

Those of you that work, can make your lifestyle rolls.

GM:
Azhar:
Garden Party open to ... lesser classes: 1d100 ⇒ 14; gargoyle tracking: 1d100 ⇒ 4

Cassian:
Calseinica: 1d100 ⇒ 84; Chammandy: 1d100 ⇒ 32; Shadow: 1d100 ⇒ 10; Tarvi's Shadows: 1d100 ⇒ 10; Rygel's monkey revolution: 1d100 ⇒ 98

Gravlax:
Paperwork of DOOM: 1d100 ⇒ 31; Ashes, ashes, everywhere: 1d100 ⇒ 15; gargoyles: 1d100 ⇒ 58; Mathalen's past: 1d100 ⇒ 43

Zsz:
Dashing Strangers: 1d100 ⇒ 85; orgies: 1d100 ⇒ 5; shadow woman: 1d100 ⇒ 87; viva le revolution: 1d100 ⇒ 56


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
chavamana wrote:

Questioning the Dead - Coriana

The smoke begins to flicker as the candle nears its end. A hopeful smile, "If, as you say, my city has not fallen to evil then nothing needs to shackle my soul."

"Pass with peace." Azhar says, and after the smoke dissipates. "It shall yet be so."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

dice:

A)K.engineering dc15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
B)K.local dc15/beyond: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
C1)K.local dc15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
C1&C2)K.nature dc20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
D)K.local dc20: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 or K.Geography dc20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
E)K.nobility dc15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 or K:local dc20: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
F)K.nobility dc15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Zsz:

did you want to move "dinner date" back to after start of Desnus to allow us to talk about the above also or run as two separate events? Also, want to open up the after Desnus date to everyone, maybe somewhere else?


female half-elf witch 15

GM:
Not sure how specific you wanted me to be. I rolled on some low-CR random encounter tables (I'd ideally like this not to be a holy-crap-we're-going-to-die scenario), and got as possibilities:

Scarlet Spiders
Giant Amoebas
Fungal Crawler
Wight

But different critters would be fine.

She'd prep Lighting Bolt rather than Dispel Magic, Cure Light Wounds rather than Unnatural Lust, and (if I haven't seen Tarvi cast it) a second Mage Armor rather than Enlarge Person.

Also, as date preparation, Zsz would pick up and apply some Exotic Perfume, and also take extra care with her make-up to hopefully look a bit prettier:

Disguise: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 (not included: +2 for augmented disguise and +10 for Pass as Human)


female half-elf witch 15

Azhar:
As there is the offer for everyone to "go out for drinks" after the nunnery still going, I'd say just run as two separate events.


female half-elf witch 15
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Pass with peace." Azhar says, and after the smoke dissipates. "It shall yet be so."

"So ..." Zsz says once the spirit is gone. "Anyone know a good bar?"


Zsz:
Tarvi
"Well, he did help. When he was babysitting." That last said under her breath.

A day is set, Zsz does her scouting and Zsz did see Tarvi cast mage armor on herself when they reached the building that housed the Sisters of Eiseth. Tarvi works are a jewelry store in Rego Pena called the 'Glittering Palace' and she would suggest meeting soon after work, on the said convenient day.

Vitti
He bows slightly as she lets him in, "Water, please?" Vitti pushes back his hood, revealing the shock of deep green hair, his stone gray eyes moving over the room, seeing how the room is currently furnished. "The shutters work decently well for keeping the light out... but not enough?"

Fiosa
Set for the first week in Desnus - and can we do this one after the Tarvi one? I would hate for the scenes to grow inadvertently too similar.

Couples Date - 1d20 ⇒ 17
Without the threesome or foursome repartee, Tarvi does accept. She seems concerned about something in relation to the double date, but it doesn't seem to have to do with Zsz.


The Raven:
The Raven does, indeed, hear the sounds of men arming themselves and ascending the stairways of the townhouse.

"Those are my only choices?" The man thinks, the footsteps slightly nearer. "I... guess my only real choice is a... new line of business, then." His voice calm, soothing. Like he is speaking to a crazy person.

The Raven and DC 25 Sense Motive:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
The man appears to be humoring The Raven until his men can rescue him.

Azhar:
Gozran 22
Her eyes slowly grow larger and larger, a small desperate sound deep in her throat. [smaller]"Your wish...?"[smaller]

Cassian:
After the Drome
Voice breathless with surprise and pleasure, [smaller]"I wasn't expecting you tonight, Cass." Her body shifting, tightening around him even as her hips move in a discordant harmony to his. Janiven's head turns, the smile clear as she kisse him in return. Her green eyes widening as Cassian's body calls to something deep and primitive in her.

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
She chuckles, "Not so much that I'm worried about you starting something, as I don't particularly feel like paying the fine if you do." A smile, "And most of time when someone wanders down here for the first time, they really are interested in something more than a friendly drink and a chat."

"And we really do have all sorts down here." She turns on the bar stool, surveying the room, "Some more... flamboyant... than others. Nearly all professional, at least."

A pause and then with a cat's curiosity in her eyes, "What jobs have you been up to?"


Gravlax:
She reacts, responds. Perhaps a bit more savagely than she intended.


female half-elf witch 15

GM:
I have no problem with the two scenes occuring consecutively. I'm amused by your reasoning though, because it is leading me to expect underwear monsters. :)

Tarvi:
Zsz shows up, smelling faintly of exotic flowers, and carefully made up to look pretty without looking like she has taken a great deal of time to carefully make herself up to look pretty. Only the quivering tips of her hair betray that she is, possibly, a tad excited or nervous.

"Hi," she says.

Vitti:
Zsz fetches Vitti a glass of water. "Not nearly enough," Zsz says over her shoulder as she fills the glass. "Look how much light they're letting in!" She motions vaguely towards the dim gloominess of the shuttered room. "That's the biggest problem of course, but it's also that everything is so ... regular and squared off and dry and cushioned. It's like the place was built by a demented mathematician. And this was the best one I could find!" She hands him the water glass.

Azhar:
Tarvi has agreed to come to the teahouse as well. Presumably that scene can start, unless the GM wishes to wait on it.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Questioning the Dead - Coriana

Coriana Heavenscape wrote:
The smoke begins to flicker as the candle nears its end. A hopeful smile, "If, as you say, my city has not fallen to evil then nothing needs to shackle my soul."

After she dissipates, Gravlax starts pulling urns and putting them into his haversack. "In case there are records," he says. "So it's a little less obvious who we were talking to."

He continues until the haversack is full. "Now ... drinks," he rubs his hands together. "First round is on me."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

"That is unexpectedly sensible of you," The Raven says. "Willing to negotiate before I have to slaughter any henchmen. Sensible."

He shakes his head. "Very well," he says. "You have a double handful of days. Be quick about it."

The Raven pulls out a lily of the valley, and tosses it lightly onto Lefty's bed.

His intention is to turn to the window and leave. Do let me know if guards or Lefty interrupt this plan.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:
He does likewise. Scratches will show clearly, but at least he does not bruise easily.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

As the group walks past the nuns, Cassian remarks, "Those two are still alive. For now."

At the door, he says, "Well, have fun everyone. Good night." He leaves on his own

GM:
K:Local B roll
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30 Rygel assist 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

After the Drome
"Isn't that what you wanted? To not know I was coming?" His thrusts grow longer, deeper. "No pun intended." He seems to be attempting to wring every last drop of pleasure from her body

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
"Little of this, little of that," Cassian says vaguely. "No offense, but a drink and a pretty face can't get me to spill either. We're off to a good start, though."

Cassian finishes his drink. "Thanks for the drink, Blondie. I'll be around."

He is, in fact, around.

Gangs
Cassian is going back to Kraken's Ink to find Thekla. "Gangs from Rego Cader have been making life hard for our kind. We planning to do something?"

Muuuuuurder
Cassian is going to look into the deaths in Rego Crua.

Ship
Cassian is going to plan a monkey heist. The first step is researching the ship. What kind and where the animals will be held.

Calseinica
As soon as Cassian hears about Calseinica, he will drop everything and go to her room.

And crafting rolls (I was never paid for the last one, so making 2)
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 Rygel assist 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 Rygel assist 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Gozran 23, afternoon
Azhar and Amaya arrive at Natsunoya Tea House. Azhar looks around before entering.

Gozran 24, after questioning Coriana. At some as yet unnamed bar
Azhar raises his drink to Gravlax in thanks, takes a swig. "So I hear the gargoyles still active."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava/a:
 Gozran 22
Amaya wrote:
Her eyes slowly grow larger and larger, a small desperate sound deep in her throat. [smaller]"Your wish...?"[smaller]

Azhar's expression becomes somewhat quizzical, not understanding what Amaya is feeling, at least for the moment.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 4 = 24
But his smile is reassuring (hopefully). "I wish I could show you how much you mean to me." there is a hint of sadness in his eyes.
His hand softly urges,... Asks rather then compels her to lean a little closer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female half-elf witch 15

Gozran 23, afternoon -- Natsunoya Tea House

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar and Amaya arrive at Natsunoya Tea House. Azhar looks around before entering.

Zsz (and presumably Tarvi?) arrive ...

1d2 ⇒ 2

... not long after, and try to spot Azhar and Amaya.


female half-elf witch 15

Gozran 24, after questioning Coriana. At some as yet unnamed bar

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar raises his drink to Gravlax in thanks, takes a swig. "So I hear the gargoyles still active."

Sipping her mimosa after clinking glasses with all around her, Zsz lifts her eyebrows. "Gargoyles?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Gozran 24, after questioning Coriana. At some as yet unnamed bar

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar raises his drink to Gravlax in thanks, takes a swig. "So I hear the gargoyles still active."
Sipping her mimosa after clinking glasses with all around her, Zsz lifts her eyebrows. "Gargoyles?"

Gravlax nods. "It's mating season," he says to Azhar. And to Zsz, "Mathalen was attacked by one a while back, and we've been trying to find them since."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Desnus 1-7 rolls:

A) K:engineering DC 15 or K:local DC 25:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

B) K:local DC 15:
B) K:local DC 25:
B) K:local DC 35:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

C1) K:local DC 15:
C1 and C2) K:nature DC 20:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

D) K:local DC 20 or K:geography DC 20:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

E) K:nobility DC 15 or K:local DC 20:

K:n 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

F) K:nobility DC 15 or K:local DC 25:

K:n 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


female half-elf witch 15

Gozran 24, after questioning Coriana. At some as yet unnamed bar

Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax nods. "It's mating season," he says to Azhar. And to Zsz, "Mathalen was attacked by one a while back, and we've been trying to find them since."

Zsz opens her mouth. Shuts it. Glances at Mathalen. Back at Gravlax.

"I ... was under the impression that people here weren't quite so, um ... blasé about that sort of thing," she says cautiously.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Gozran 24, after questioning Coriana. At some as yet unnamed bar

Zsz wrote:

Zsz opens her mouth. Shuts it. Glances at Mathalen. Back at Gravlax.

"I ... was under the impression that people here weren't quite so, um ... blasé about that sort of thing," she says cautiously.

Azhar nearly loses his drink and turns a little red, but his otherwise able to subdue his laughter. "I don't think that's what Gravlax meant, Zsz. At least, I assume not." he glances at Gravlax and Mathalen, a little humor still dancing in his eyes. "We just don't want it killing any more innocent people." he pauses briefly, wiping his eyes, "Tried looking for it. Still trying, off an on. Haven't been able to turn up anything though."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Gozran 24, after questioning Coriana. At some as yet unnamed bar

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Zsz opens her mouth. Shuts it. Glances at Mathalen. Back at Gravlax.

"I ... was under the impression that people here weren't quite so, um ... blasé about that sort of thing," she says cautiously.

Gravlax smacks his forehead with his palm. "Two unrelated statements," he says into his drink as a redness blooms up his neck and across his face. "It's gargoyle mating season."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar attempts to start breathing again.

dice:

Perform Sing: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


female half-elf witch 15

Gozran 24, after questioning Coriana. At some as yet unnamed bar

"Ah," Zsz says, clearly relieved, as the matter is made more clear. "Good."

Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax smacks his forehead with his palm. "Two unrelated statements," he says into his drink as a redness blooms up his neck and across his face. "It's gargoyle mating season."

"Yes, I just thought you were implying that they become, er, indiscriminately frisky when it happens, like a spider. Is attacking people actually part of a mating display, or do they just get more aggressive at this time of year?"


Leaving the Crematorium
Tarvi waves friendly to the group headed to find a bar and then follows after her brother. Janiven stays with the larger group until they get into Rego Pena the nods, heading a direction that would, eventually, lead to the abandoned church safehouse.

Gravlax or Drinking Group & DC 20 Sense Motive:
Mathalen remains remarkably tense until the group passes over the wall that keeps the monsters and homeless of Rego Cader from the 'civilized' areas of Westcrown.

Gozran 24, after questioning Coriana. At some as yet unnamed bar

Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Zsz opens her mouth. Shuts it. Glances at Mathalen. Back at Gravlax.

"I ... was under the impression that people here weren't quite so, um ... blasé about that sort of thing," she says cautiously.

Gravlax smacks his forehead with his palm. "Two unrelated statements," he says into his drink as a redness blooms up his neck and across his face. "It's gargoyle mating season."

Mathalen takes a slug of an amber liquid, nods. "Humans don't generally require a mating season."

"As for the other, I'm pretty sure the little guy was just looking for an impressive..." Looks down at her wiry and thin body, "or not so impressive meal."

Then she looks to Azhar to answer the dark woman's question, since he is the nature-rangery one.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Gozran 24, after questioning Coriana. At some as yet unnamed bar

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Yes, I just thought you were implying that they become, er, indiscriminately frisky when it happens, like a spider. Is attacking people actually part of a mating display, or do they just get more aggressive at this time of year?"
Mathalen wrote:
Then she looks to Azhar to answer the dark woman's question, since he is the nature-rangery one.

Azhar becomes a little thoughtful before replying. "Gargoyle's tend to get more aggressive. A bigger kill or more impressive trophy would look better for a potential mate. Not to mention they just enjoy playing and torturing their prey. Kind of like cats in that respect, I suppose."


Zsz:
Well.... if the monsters were smart they would attack when you are...distracted :).

Tarvi
Tarvi pushes her way out of the backdoor of the Glittering Palace, a grating female voice following her, cut off as the door closes heavily behind her. Her dark brown hair is pulled back into a french braid, her slim body in a worn, dark blue outfit that flatters her. Pulling heavily on one arm is a woven basket, a loaf of sourdough bread poking out of one side.

A smile at the greeting. "Hello, Zsz." The sapphire eyes brightening and clearing as she leaves the workday behind.

Vitti
Heavy green eyebrows shade the slate eyes for a moment, "Do you want to be able to open the windows to have another means of egress other than the door or is that unimportant?"


The Raven:
Raven Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Guard Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

The Raven is able to make his exit before the guards burst into the room. Outside, far away from the loud yelling of the merchants and his men, the bird lands on his shoulder. "Should have let me eat the eyes. Better reminder of what he promised than a rotting vegetation."


Gravlax:
After, sated, languid, damp with clean sweat and almost glowing with pleasure, eyes half-closed, her fingers playing over Gravlax's skin. "I think we may have gotten distracted at some point, ..." The last a word that fades before she actually speaks it. Muffled further as she brushes her lips against the crook of his neck and shoulder.

Cassian:
Lifestyle/Money Rolls
I did a crafting roll for the previous one - In this post at the bottom. So you can use any two of the three rolls - your choice.

After the Drome
"Ye..." Her voice breaks with a gasp of pleasure, mimicked in Janiven's body which tightens and quivers around him. "I want you." Her green eyes deep pools, "Didn't know my body would betray me so quickly..." Her own hips extending, deeping each stroke.

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
"I've heard a tight body is far better than a pretty face for getting something spilled." She finishes the green liquid. "But that isn't on the table."

She nods to his leaving, "I'll keep an ear out then."

Gangs
Her tone is ice cold, "Amateurs and thugs." She shakes her head. "There's been a few suggestions passing around."

"The leading advocates are a strike team to cull them and elevating them enough that the council steps in." The tension around her eyes deepens. "The council would mean less of our own resources, but drawing their attention may mean some of us will be caught up in the spill." Clear in her tone, she hasn't supported either of those options. "They haven't targeted any of the upper crust so the council hasn't noticed them on their own." She explains almost as an after thought.

Muuuurder
How would Cassian like to go about this? Looking at the scenes where the bodies were found or talking to the indigent residents in the area? Or something else that I can't think of off the top of my head?

Ship
The ship is scheduled to come in on the morning tide of Desnus 20, restock the stores for the crew and then set off for Egorian at dawn on Desnus 21. It is a large sailing ship which Cassian learns would have a crew of 20 plus Thrune officers. From what he learns at the brothels near the dock, at least three-fourths of the crew would likely be onshore that night utilizing the pay that built up while they were at sea.

The full invetory of the ship is unknown, but one a similar previous run, the ship was holding exotic fruits (pinapple, mango, nuts) and animals (jungle cats, monkeys, an elephant) and some spices (esp salt). The animals are normally held in the deepest hold, crowded in and if not heavily caged most would probably kill each other.

Calseinica 1d100 ⇒ 100
Assuming Cassian goes over at night when she is likely to be home, he climbs up onto the balcony at almost the same moment that Calseinica slams the door into her room, throwing the bolt to prevent (except against rogues like Cassian) intruders.


Azhar:
Eyes amythest pool so large that Azhar could almost imaging falling into them, she leans forward. Her body soft despite the muscle of her trade.

4,401 to 4,450 of 9,364 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.