Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Plunder & Infamy - A Skulls & Shackles PbP Adventure

Game Master DancingShadow


701 to 750 of 2,375 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Shade Psion 18

Day 13

Daytime - Drowned Vermin

Since I have heard nothing from Lanliss...

Below Decks

Round 1

Lanliss pulls a potion out of his pack and the spiders lash out at him while he is distracted.

Attack Roll #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 vs AC 15 Hit
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Fortitude Save vs Posion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 vs DC 14 Fail
Strength Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Attack Roll #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 vs Ac 15 Miss

Despite the hit, he manages to pull the potion, pop the cork and drink it, healing his wounds.

Lanliss yells out, "Drop down here someone help us out!"

Duo steps back and casts a healing spell on himself, healing the spider bites, but not the damage the poison is wreaking on his system.

The fire in the hallway behind spreads, filling more of the hallway. It spreads into an adjacent square.

Round 2

DM's Secret Rolls:
Kuru Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Damage Taken - Medium Giant Spider #1: 10; Medium Giant Spider #2: 5

The posion from the tiny spiders continues to affect Duo and Lanliss.

Duo's Fortitude Save vs Poison: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19 vs DC 10 Success
Lanliss' Fortitude Save vs Poison: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 vs DC 10 Success

They both manage to fight off the effects of the posion and it no longer affects them.

The tiny spiders rush back at their targets, giving Lanliss an opportunity to try and stab one of the ones attacking Duo.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 vs AC 18 Hit
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

He severs several legs with the blow and the creature drops to the floor, its remaining legs curling up in death.

The other spiders reach their targets, however.

Duo's Spider:

Attack Roll #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 vs AC 16 Miss

Total Damage: Nada

Lanliss' Spiders:

Attack Roll #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 vs AC 15 Hit
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2 = 1 point of damage
Fortitude Save vs Posion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 vs DC 10 Success
Attack Roll #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 vs AC 15 Hit
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2 = 1 point of damage
Fortitude Save vs Posion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 vs DC 10 Success
Attack Roll #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 vs AC 15 Hit
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1 = 1 point of damage
Fortitude Save vs Posion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 vs DC 10 Success

Total Damage: 3 points of damage

The person-sized spiders both lunge at Lanliss, fanged maws dripping with venom and saliva.

Medium Spiders attacking Lanliss:

Attack Roll #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 vs AC 15 Miss
Attack Roll #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 vs AC 15 Hit
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Fortitude Save vs Posion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 vs DC 14 Success

Total Damage: 6 points of damage

Lanliss is bitten again by one of the spiders, but his poison-inured system manages to fight off the newly injected venom, keeping the poison already in his system from getting any worse.

It's Lanliss' and Duo's go. Lanliss needs to give me a Fortitude save for the medium spider venom that's currently affecting him.

Turn 2 Lower Deck Map: Emperor's Lower Deck


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 13: Ship Ahoy: Below Decks MORE FIGHTING AGAIN
Fort Save
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
free action: 5ft step back
Attack: throw bomb: Aiming for the spider
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
direction if needed
1d8 ⇒ 6
damage
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
splash damage
5 = 5
reflex save for 1/2 dc = 15
-----------------------------------------
looking at the spiders and the ablities that I can see I am trying to get the spiders out of Duo's and my way I take my bomb as toss it at the spider infront of me
DIE spidy


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny does the only thing she can now that she's in the water.

Swim Check:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

And moves to pop up as silently at the prow of the dingy as she can.

She calms herself, settles and gets ready to take as deep a breath as she can for what it is she plans on doing next.


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Duo casts channel positive energy (not healing spiders): 1d6 ⇒ 4

He then watches the fire spread further.

Shadow Lodge

Grapple to Pin 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Alestone will yell up to Aoro

"Toss me down a rope"

as he wrestles with Syl.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny tells from the beneath the prow,

"Go see t' Lanliss an' Duo! I be all right enough here. Syl's not gon'a catch me out. Th' bint's not got enough nouse fer that!" Sunny yells Alestone.

"If we lose too many people to the fire, we're all stuffed when we get back t'ship."

Aye Alestone. Getting Lanliss and Duo back into this fight be more important!

With Sunny's swimming skill, she can keep the boat between herself and Syl easy enough. :P

Yelling be a free action? Right?


Shade Psion 18

Day 13

Daytime - Drowned Vermin

Above Decks and Aboard the Longboat

Turn 2

Sunny easily swims to the prow of the longboat and yells out.

Alestone attempts to pin Syl, but without the advantages of a few seconds ago, he's unable to pin the struggling woman.

Aoro's silver dart fish burrow deep wounds into Syl and she screams in pain.

Syl, through gritted teeth, grunts, "I ain't gonna die here. Not now, not after I got away." She stabs out with her dagger again at Alestone.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 2 = 14 vs AC 16 Miss

Alestone manages to bat the dagger away and Syl screams again in frustration.

Damage Taken - Syl: 7

More actions!


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

"Alestone? D'ye trust me?" Sunny yells up to the dingy, even as she unwraps the net from about herself and hangs it from the prow.

"Syl, luv? Might we have a parlay?" Sunny calls to the woman

So...full round action, get the net hanging simply off the prow of the dingy. Sunny's swim skill should let her do that easily. Yell to Aleston and Syl. Should be nice and simple. (^_^)


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Day 13

Standard: Magic Missile
2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7

"I dont have any rope and I dont see any. Anyways we need to take down one problem at a time."

Recasting his spell two more fish slam into the woman. In reply to her words.

"You should have thought of that before you attacked. Really what did you think was going to happen."

This needed to end quickly so he could get back to work on the grate, he was still working on how to get them out.


Shade Psion 18

Day 13

Daytime - Drowned Vermin

Below Decks

Turn 2

Lanliss manages to fight off the venom currently affecting him.

Lanliss goes to chuck a bomb at the nearest spider and the creature lashes out during his moment of distraction.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 vs AC 19 Miss

Its attack is wild and Lanliss easily avoids it. He throws his bomb, hit the spider square and catching the other human-sized spider, the three tiny spiders attacking him, and himself in the blast.

Bomb Results:

Medium Spider's Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 vs DC 15 Success
Tiny Spider #1's Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 vs DC 15 Success
Tiny Spider #2's Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 vs DC 15 Fail
Tiny Spider #2's Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 vs DC 15 Fail
Lanliss' Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12 vs DC 15 Fail
Ship's Save to Avoid Catching on Fire: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Success

The blast roasts two of the tiny spiders and they drop off the wall. Lanliss is rendered unconscious by the blast and he drops to the ground, letting go of his longspear as he falls. Lanliss had taken 10 damage from the spiders so far and the extra 5 from his bomb should have put him at -2 hp currently. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Duo releases a burst of healing energy, rousing Lanliss from his unconscious state. Looking over his shoulder at the fire, the worry that it'll spread his direction is looking more likely to become true as fire creeps towards him.

A door at the end of the hallway flies open and standing in the doorway is a massive man dressed in armor made from the carapaces of giant beetles and carrying a shield made of the same material in one hand and a club in the other.

"Ah... Good, just what I needed. More sacrifices for Mazzmezz!" He rushes forward towards Lanliss, beginning to pull back for a strike, but without time to complete it.

Turn 3

Damage Taken - Medium Giant Spider #1: Dead; Medium Giant Spider #2: 10; Tiny Giant Spider #1: Dead; Tiny Giant Spider #2: Dead; Tiny Giant Spider #3: 2; Tiny Giant Spider #4: Dead

The tiny spiders move in towards Duo and Lanliss and each bite at their targets.

Duo's Tiny Spider:

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 vs AC 16 Hit
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3 = 1 point of damage
Fortitude Save vs Poison: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16 vs DC 10 Success

Total Damage: 1 point of damage

Lanliss' Tiny Spider:

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 vs AC 11 Hit
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2 = 1 point of damage
Fortitude Save vs Poison: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 vs DC 10 Fail
1 point of Str damage

Total Damage: 1 point of damage, 1 point of Str damage

The medium giant spider shifts to move after Lanliss and attack him. The spider lunges forward, fangs bared.

Lanliss' Medium Spider:

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 vs AC 11 Hit
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Fortitude Save vs Poison: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 vs DC 14 Success

Total Damage: 1 point of damage

Lanliss screams out in pain as the spider again sinks its fangs into him, but much more shallowly this time. The damage from the spiders should reduce Lanliss to 0 hp, leaving him staggered.

It's Lanliss' and Duo's turns again. Please declare actions.

Turn 3 Lower Deck: Emperor's Lower Deck


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

"ALESTONE!? AORO!?" Sunny yells to get the men's attention. "Do ye TRUST me?"

"Leave Syl t'me!" She entreats them. To the angry woman she again calls, "Syl? Might we have a parlay?"


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

because of everything going on in the posts by you Mr. GM I'm not sure but, it doesn't feel correct.

Duo will cast cure light wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6on lanliss


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

I made sure to take a 5ft step bak not to be in the blast at all I would be out of the way


Shade Psion 18

Lanliss, take a look at the map. You stepped back and threw a bomb at the spider in front of you, which was where the new enemy is now. That'd put you adjacent to it when you threw the bomb.


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1
Stunning Fist DC 15

Alestone shouts up to Aoro
"Go make sure Lanliss an' Duo are alright, Syl ain't gonna be trouble."

Then down to Sunny in the water.
"Li' late for me Sunny, you too Syl."

Alestone will then backhand Syl across the face.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny grumbles again, slipping into her native language to express herself.

Not sure what 'round' we're on, nor who's going first against whom. BUT

Sunny reaches up and lifts herself onto the tip of the prow of the row-boat.

Str/Climb Check:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

"Splash!" As she falls back into the sea. (-_-)


Shade Psion 18

Lanliss, I'm still waiting to either hear back from you or for actions. If you're wishing to debate this more, please move it into the Discussion thread.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

give me a couple let me reread, and I will move over there


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

continue on DM, I have decided not to conflict with you sir


Shade Psion 18

Lanliss, actions please. You go before Duo, so you're staggered, unless you want to delay until after him.


Shade Psion 18

Day 13

Daytime - Drowned Vermin

Above Decks & Aboard the Longboat

Turn 3

Sunny pleads for different outcome to this little conflict and attempts to climb aboard the boat, but ends up back in the water with a minimum of failing.

Alestone bats Syl with the back of his hand...

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 vs DC 15 Fail

...knocking her senseless.

Aoro casts another pair of silver dart fish towards Syl, burrowing more holes into her flesh. The pain of her wounds is too much for her and she falls unconscious.

Damage Taken - Syl: 15

I'm gonna keep everyone in combat for the time being and merge the two initiative orders. Please give me more actions.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 13: Ship Ahoy: Below Decks MORE FIGHTING AGAIN
Full Round action defense
crouching low and move 5ft step back from the spider.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Trying to climb back in'a boat. :P

Climb Check:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Boo-YA!

Sunny flips back into the boat, spraying water every where and tries to protect the senseless Syl.

"Mine!" She declares to Alestone and Aor.

"Get ye t'helpin' Lanliss and Duo!"

So, get back in boat and save Syl. Next round drag the net on board and tie her up in it.


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Duo notices Lanliss trying to back up. So healing hem again as he does, Duo changes places with him knowing one of them may not be getting out alive.
heals Lanliss: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Shade Psion 18

Duo and Lanliss, please look to the discussion thread, please.


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Day 13

Standard: Acid Splash
Move: Towards grate

Aoro rolls his eyes, well she would be killed by the Captain or nearly as much when they returned. Personally he was not in the habit of leaving enemies alive, he would be sure to remind Sunny of that when Syl came looking to get even.

"Hey Alestone bring my dagger with you. I will be working on the grate."

Aoro uses acid on the grate again.

Dont know how much if any dmg I did from before to the grate. I leave the rolls to the DM.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny nods in thanks to Aoro and Alestone even as she sets to work making sure Syl is rendered 'safe'.

So, yeah, at least a couple of rounds working of Syl to make sure she's not in a position to get loose and wreak more havoc. Then climb up on deck and help out with Lanliss and Duo.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 13: Ship Ahoy: Below Decks MORE FIGHTING AGAIN
Revised action for myself
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
-----------------------
Delay till after I am healed, take full-defense (standard action), spend a hero point to finish off my last flask of Cure light wounds on myself stand up, (move action that draws an attack of opportunity), and then 5ft-step


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

[ooc]Move action grab either Aoro's dagger or Syl's, whichever is closer, standard action get back on board the ship.


Shade Psion 18

Sigh... I believe I said this earlier in the Discussion thread, but drawing a potion is a move action and drinking it is a standard action. Lanliss, I'll have you draw the potion in preparation to use it later.

Day 13

Daytime - Drowned Vermin

Aboard the Emperor

Turn 3

Duo heals Lanliss, using the cover of the wall to cast the spell without interruption.

Lanliss concentrates on defending himself, pulling a potion vial from his belt and standing up. The spider takes the opportunity to bite at him as he gets up.

Medium Giant Spider Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 vs AC 15 Miss
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Fortitude Save vs Poison: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 vs DC 14 Success

Lanliss is currently at 6 hp.

Its attack leaves a pair of small gashes, but Lanliss is unaffected by the poison. He moves backwards, into the darker recesses of the hallway.

The man in the beetle-hide armor moves around the spider and into the are vacated by Lanliss. In the light from the fire and his close proximity you can see that he was probably once human, but subtle differences point to something divergent. His teeth are nothing but sharp fangs, suitable only for tearing flesh. This man is one of the cannibals of the Shackles, a kuru.

"Flesh of the divine for Mazzmezz!" he screams as he stalks forward, obviously more interested in Duo than Lanliss. He pulls back his club to strike, which seems to grow larger...

Cultist Attack Roll: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 1 = 24 vs AC 16 Success
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 16

...the club streaks forward and strikes Duo like a massive hammer, sending the healer to the floor, unconscious. The man turns towards Lanliss with a leer on his face.

I believe that puts Duo at -3 hp from max.

The fire spreads out, filling the area where Duo lays, burning him.

Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Duo is now at -8 hp and is on fire, due to being unable to make a Reflex saving throw to avoid it.

Turn 4

Damage Taken - Medium Giant Spider #1: Dead; Medium Giant Spider #2: 10; Tiny Giant Spider #1: Dead; Tiny Giant Spider #2: Dead; Tiny Giant Spider #3: 2; Tiny Giant Spider #4: Dead

Joined Initiative Order:
Tiny Giant Spider
Medium Giant Spider
Sunny
Alestone
Lanliss
Aoro
Cultist
Duo

The tiny spider that was attacking Duo recoils in the corner away from the fire. The remaining one that was attacking Lanliss darts in to take another bite...

Tiny Giant Spider #3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 vs AC 19 Miss

..but its tiny fangs fail to find purchase in the elf's flesh.

The giant spider behind the cultists stirs restlessly, but doesn't seem to do anything else. It appears to be delaying.

Sunny and Alestone clamber up onto the ship, the latter grabbing a dagger before doing so. Aoro works at the grate with his minor spells of acid, but the progress is slow.

Alright, time again for actions.

Turn 4 Maps:
Emperor Main Deck
Emperor Lower Deck


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny looks around as smoke begins to be whipped across the ships deck as it pours form the aft-castle and billows from the deck hatches.

"Keep workin' on'a deck hatch!" She calls, even as her eyes glance upwards.

"Here!" She points to some one, any one not working at getting the deck hatch up. "Help me with these rat lines!" She barks,

Knowledge sailor:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Basically the plan is to use the remaining ship's rigging to act as a winch/block and tackle to lift the damn hatch. Not sure how many more round that will take though, maybe two or three?

"Lanliss? Duo? We's COMIN' FOR YA!" She calls over the crackling sounds of the fire.

Pretty map is PRETTY! (^_^)


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Alestone will help Sunny as best he can.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Okeys, as haz been reminded by m'self, we's got naffy 'Hero points'. SO Sunny be spendin' one t'get this lid off quick, like. (DM can embellish teh ropes and stuffs)

Alestone? Ye want'a use a 'Hero point' t'get on'a these two out'a th' fire?


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 13: Ship Ahoy: Below Decks MORE FIGHTING AGAIN round 4
Free action: Take 5ft step back if it doesn't put me on fire
standard action: Drink potion
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
----------------------------------------------------
I look behind me to make sure that there is no fire or anything else that is there before stepping back and then drinking my potion that is in my hand


Shade Psion 18

Lanliss, there's no room to move right now. The cultist is in front of you and there's a wall behind you. The only route out is through a door to your right, but it's closed (a move action to open it).


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 13: Ship Ahoy: Below Decks MORE FIGHTING AGAIN round 4 again
free action: testing the door knob by twisting it: IF you think this provokes an attack of Opporunity then skip it
-----

If the Door is Unlocked:

okay. let's try this again
Move action: Open door (which doesn't provke an attack of Opportunity)
Move action: Move thru door
Tumble check for aoo
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


------
If the Door is locked:

attack with bomb to hit spider
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
direction if needed
1d8 ⇒ 6
damage
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
splash damage
5 = 5
reflex save 15 for 1/2


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Hey! Spendin' Hero points HERE! M'self an' Alestone in't sittin' this out, y'ken?


Shade Psion 18

Day 13

Daytime - Drowned Vermin

Turn 4

Lanliss shoves through the door next to him with an attempt at grace, but stumbles as the door catches on the webbing inside, jerking a moment before ripping free. The cultist takes the opportunity to take a swing at him...

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 1 = 19 vs AC 15 Hit
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13

...and lands a telling blow that lays the elf out flat. "Another's blood for Mazzmezz!" the cultist bellows.

I believe that Lanliss is at 6 - 13 = -7 hp currently.

Duo's alight cloth burns away at his unconscious flesh.

Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

I believe that puts Duo at -12 hp, which kills him. Duo, do you want to spend 2 hero points to survive?

The fire in the hallway spreads up it. It grows closer to the cultist and and the spider behind him chitters nervously.

Turn 5

Damage Taken - Medium Giant Spider #1: Dead; Medium Giant Spider #2: 10; Tiny Giant Spider #1: Dead; Tiny Giant Spider #2: Dead; Tiny Giant Spider #3: 2; Tiny Giant Spider #4: Dead

Initiative Order:


Tiny Giant Spider
Medium Giant Spider
Sunny
Alestone
Lanliss
Aoro
Cultist
Duo

The tiny spider trapped in the corner of the stairway chitters frantically as it seeks a way out.

The human-sized spider behind the cultist scurries past the fire and into the room that Lanliss is in. Spiders have already begun to descend from the walls towards him, but the creature hisses at them and they retreat. The spider begins to wrap Lanliss in silk.

Sunny ties a rope to the grate and Alestone throws the end over a nearby yardarm. They both take ahold of the rope and pull.

Alestone's Aid Another Check: 1d20 ⇒ 8 Fail
Sunny's Strength Check: 1d20 + 1 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 8 = 17 Success

Alestone can't quickly enough get leverage, but Sunny heaves on the rope and just as she's about to loose steam, she jerks again and the grate tears free.

Only worked due to the hero point. DC was 10.

More actions please.

Turn 5 Maps
Emperor Lower Deck
Emperor Main Deck


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Tying the rope off Suny yells, "Okeys, now where are those two todgers!" She scampers over and leans over the open hatch, looking down into the hold, making sure she is standing 'up wind' of the smoke now beginning to pour out of the large opening.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"Where do them eedjots be!"


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Alestone will begin inspire courage and lower himself down the rope.

"I'm common' laddies, don't die on me yet."


Shade Psion 18

Day 13

Daytime - Drowned Vermin

Turn 5

Lanliss' Stabilization Check: 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (13) - 7 = 6 Fail
Lanliss falls to -8 hp.

Aoro stands above, noticeably quiet.

The cultist below can easily be heard, but only his feet can be seen by those up on deck. He shouts again, "More flesh for Mazzmezz! Only blood will save this ship!" He bolts past the opening, disappearing again from where he originally came from.

The fire continues to spread

Turn 6

Damage Taken - Medium Giant Spider #1: Dead; Medium Giant Spider #2: 10; Tiny Giant Spider #1: Dead; Tiny Giant Spider #2: Dead; Tiny Giant Spider #3: 2; Tiny Giant Spider #4: Dead

Initiative Order:

Tiny Giant Spider
Medium Giant Spider
Sunny
Alestone
Lanliss
Aoro
Cultist

Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

The tiny spider rushes out of the corner as the fire reaches it. It just barely gets to the hallway outside when the fire overcomes it and it drops to the floor, a burning husk.

The person-sized spider redoubles its efforts on wrapping Lanliss in webbing.

Sunny peers down into the room below and manages to spot Duo's feet deep in the fire below. Lanliss is nowhere to be seen.

Alestone lowers himself down into the large hallway. Webbing everywhere is beginning to burn along the walls. Through what looks like a shrine, he can see the cultist messing with a door on the far end. Part of Duo's fallen form is visible through the fire.

Lanliss' Stabilization Check: 1d20 - 8 ⇒ (16) - 8 = 8 Fail
Lanliss falls to -9 hp.

Aoro again remains silent as he watches what is going on.

Cultist Perception Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 vs DC 10 Fail

The cultist flings the door open and disappears into a room beyond. "Blood will spare us his wrath!" can be heard from within that room.

The fire continues to spread.

The fire spills through the door to the front cabin. The sound of wood collapsing can be heard as the deck of the forecastle starts to give way.

Turn 7

Damage Taken - Medium Giant Spider #1: Dead; Medium Giant Spider #2: 10; Tiny Giant Spider #1: Dead; Tiny Giant Spider #2: Dead; Tiny Giant Spider #3: 2; Tiny Giant Spider #4: Dead; Tiny Giant Spider # 5: Dead

Initiative Order:

Medium Giant Spider
Sunny
Alestone
Lanliss
Aoro
Cultist

The person-sized spider finishes wrapping Lanliss in spider silk.

More actions please.

Turn 7 Maps
Emperor Main Deck
Emperor Lower Deck


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny groans with grief at the crispy state of Duo....

"Ooooo! Oooo! That be terrible! Can ye see Lanliss? Can ye see any one Alestone?" She cries out, leaning away and trying to to be too affected by the smoke. She glances back over a shoulder at Aoro,

"Get ye ready with tha' line!" She indicates the rope.

Yah, get more rope down into the hold so's we can tye wh0o ever's left t'save up an' get 'em out'a there!


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Alestone shouts back up"That crazy be fiddlin' wit an altar, an' I ken only see Duo"

Alestone will pull Duo out of the fire towards the grate before shouting at the top of his lungs:

"LANLISS, WHERE ARE YA!?!"


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Aoro see's Alestone attempt to pull the fireball that is left of Duo. Along with with the deck clearly giving way. With Lanliss no where in sight. He knew things were going to end badly, he was not going to be added to it.

"Enough! Duo is clearly dead and that fool elf's fire is already bring down the deck. Lanliss made his choices heedless of others and was not the only one to pay for them. I will not be going to my death for someone like that. I suggest you abandon ship before it burns down with you on it. I am done here."

He was cutting his loses. You could not improve your position by being dead or overextending yourself beyond your abilities. He was ready to go.


M 1/2 Orc Cleric 4 Init +4 Fort+6Ref+1Will+7,Perc+4 AC 14/14/10 HP32/32

Dot


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

An important question for the DM. How deep is the water under this burning ship?


Shade Psion 18

@Sunny: Open ocean. It extends down into unknown depths. The Wormwood seems to have come across it as the ship drifted near a shipping lane.

Posting turn later tonight.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Well...there goes 'Plan A'...


Shade Psion 18

Day 13

Daytime - Drowned Vermin

Turn 7

Sunny shouts down to Alestone and gets a decent length of rope ready to haul up with.

Alestone reaches around the corner to Duo and grabs the man's body by the ankle. The fire burns at him.

Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

He manages to jerk the still burning body into the hallway, but a cursory glance at this point shows the extensive burning. Alestone manages to catch a glance of a person wrapped in spider's silk in a room beyond the fire. A person-sized spider turns to hiss at him through the doorway.

Lanliss' Stabilization Check: 1d20 - 9 ⇒ (6) - 9 = -3 Fail
That drops Lanliss to -10 hp. He's dead at this point.

Cultist Perception Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 vs DC 5 Fail
Holy s@&#... Well, that's a lucky break at least.

The fires continue to spread, gobbling up more of the ship. The two fires have now joined into a larger, single blaze. Fire covers much of the front third of the ship.

Please give more actions. If you're going to do something that might get more fighting going (like staying below), let me know and I'll continue the count. If you're all bailing, let me know and I'll continue on.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

"Can ye see Lanliss? I think we's gon'a have t' bury Duo here at sea!" Suny tells down to Alestone.

"Um...maybe we should leave?" Suny asks, watching the inferno begin to get closer even to the ship's hatch she's shouting through.

"I dun't wana get burned...." (>_>)

I think running away now is the only option. We know we can't save Duo and were not sure if were ever going to see Lanliss again.

701 to 750 of 2,375 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Plunder & Infamy - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.