Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Pint-Sized Kings (Inactive)

Game Master Count Buggula

Halflings need a kingdom of their own!


351 to 400 of 444 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Where'd everyone go?

Shadow Lodge

My witching ways probably scared them off! :o

"He certainly is a unique fellow." Lillith replies, agreeing with Terri. "But then again, I'm sure we all have something about us that's different."


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)
GM Buggula wrote:
Where'd everyone go?

Not sure. Ekan is seeing if others are okay with the coin toss as well.


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

I'm waiting Oleg answers


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

"True." Terri looks more at ease. She continues to watch the sky and begins humming a little tune.

"Thank you. You're a good friend."

Still here


male halfling druid

Still here, in the same boat as Ekan.

Shadow Lodge

"We've only known each other a few days, and don't know a lot about each other, but I'd like to think that's true. Only time will tell."

"Anyway, Mr. Rypt and I are thinking about going down to see if Svetlana needs help with anything. Care to join us?"


Oleg looks over the bandits' equipment, adding them up in his head. "I can give you 300 gold for the lot. I'd like to be able to give you more, but...well, you know. Hopefully things'll pick up after what you done." He considers a moment, then leans in close to Muroi. "My wife claims it's not a big loss compared to what they could've taken, but I know the loss of her wedding ring's grieved her terribly. She forbade me from risking my own life for it, but if you happen to find and return the ring, I'd be truly grateful. I'm sure I could find some coin to throw your way."


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

"Personally I would truss him up and make him lead us at the point of a sword to the camp, but I'm pretty easy going, I'll accede to whatever everybody else wants."


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20
Lillith Leagallow wrote:

"We've only known each other a few days, and don't know a lot about each other, but I'd like to think that's true. Only time will tell."

"Anyway, Mr. Rypt and I are thinking about going down to see if Svetlana needs help with anything. Care to join us?"

"Certainly! I need to go get my dagger and apologize to Odo anyway."


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

Muroi looks directly to the Oleg´s eyes "Thanks Oleg, those 350 gp will help us to our duty." Muroi takes the gold.

300 gp from the goods and 50 gp Oleg offered us for the help.

Muroi walks to a place in the middle of the group and talking loud "Friends, now, we have 430 gp, I´ll give to each one his part, and I´ll keep with 10 gp to the group. Each one will receive 70 gp. Is it ok for each one?"

"About the bandit, I suggest to keep him here as a prisoner until the guard arrives. We should prepare our expedition to map these lands going to the Thorn River. Eventually we´ll find the camp".


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

Ekan looks over at Odo, "seems opinions are still conflicted on the bandit's fate. Myself, I thought the coin toss was as good as any" He admits with a shrug.


male halfling druid

Odo smiles at Ekan's comment: "Oh, it can solve it alright" He throws the coin in the air allowing it to swing, then while falling down Odo cached it quickly holding it in his fist for a second or two, then throwing it again, this time more easily in the sorcerer's direction. "We're doing what?!" He turns to Oleg and gives a fake smile: "If you'll excuse us, my friend does not appreciate the value of helping a person in need."

He approached Muroi and tried to lower his voice enough so that Oleg won't be able to hear. "Good thinking, let the man's coffers get full again, THEN bring the prized reward." He takes another look at Oleg then continues."But, still, isn't he going to be attacked in the meantime? I suspect the other bandits are not going to just stand idle and not ponder about their lost brethren."

Shadow Lodge

Terri Riverrun wrote:
"Certainly! I need to go get my dagger and apologize to Odo anyway."

"Well, you go apologize and I'll see what help, if any, Svetlana has." Lillith says with a smile. It was amazing how easily one still came to her face after her time with bandits. She climbs back down the ladder and searches for Svetlana.

"Is there anything you need help with at the moment?" Lillith asks when she finds her. "I thought you might want some help, and Terri offered her aid as well."


Svetlana smiles. "Certainly - I was just about to start breakfast. You can help me peel potatoes."


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

Ekan takes his share of the gold with thanks, "Much obliged."


The prisoner shifts uncomfortably where he's bound, looking frightened and unsure of his future.

Shadow Lodge

GM Buggula wrote:
Svetlana smiles. "Certainly - I was just about to start breakfast. You can help me peel potatoes."

"Now there's something I haven't done in a while." Lillith admits as she gets a knife and starts peeling. "Good thing steady hands are necessary for stitching, otherwise my rusty peeling skills might leave me with a few cuts."


While Lilith works on the potatoes, Svetlana cooks eggs and bacon, and soon the whole fort is filled with the savory aroma. Eventually the spuds turn into hash browns and she invites the whole group to sit at the tables for breakfast.

You guys need to decide on a fate for the bandit - it's a decision I really can't make for you. That said, every Kingmaker play by post I've seen has had major struggles coming up with an agreement on this very issue, so you're not alone.


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

Through a mouthful of delicious food, Nazdip says, "I still think we should bind his arms and rope him to a lead to one of our horses, and force him to lead us to the bandit camp. If we can surprise the rest of their band, we might rid this area of a large problem. You don't have to kill very many leaders before the rest will go back to whatever stinky swamps they grew up in."


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

Terri approaches Odo with a timid unsure pace. She knew that she needed to do this, but the "how" was proving to be a sticking point. Before doubt could cause her to turn away, she hurriedly walks the last few feet to the halfling.

"Odo, I-- Oh stars above, I'm not good at this-- I wanted to apologize for-- for the... outburst."

She shrinks back on herself as she speaks. She's obviously ashamed of what she did, but there is some fear over how the druid might react.


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

"You are right, my mistake"says Muroi when Odo talks to him. Then he gives the gold to each one.

"Nazdip, we can take the bandit and start to move to the camp if the group is ok, but, we should do it after the breakfast, to don´t waste our time"


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

"Very well, we have our guide to the camp." Ekan is just happy to have a consensus, or at least near enough one to count. "I strongly suggest we gag him on and off, wouldn't want him shouting out a warning to his comrades."


male halfling druid

Amazed at what he was hearing Odo stood speechless for a second, he then replied with a slight grin on his lips: "Shush, shush, the bandit may presume you are not Terri the famous bandit slicer. " Unable to control his laughter he shifted his position to make it less obvious.

Pleased that he received his share from the reward, and that there will probably be more spoils to come he urged the others to have their meal but before leaving the room he checked the ties of the bandit and gave his late answer to Ekan: "Gagging him would be a conscious solution and I hope he won't give us any troubles if he know what's good for him."


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

"Ok, ok. Lets take the breakfast and be ready to start our trip with the bandit."


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

Ekan keeps an eye on the bandit prisoner, but munches on his meal as he does so. "Thank you ever so much for this food." he tells the folks.


Svetlana smiles proudly. "You know, I make such a moon radish soup! It's Oleg's favorite - I'd love to make some for him to help him relax from all this stress lately, but the moon radishes are rare. The only patch I know of is about 16 miles south of here."


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

"Thank you for the meal."

When Svetlana mentions the radishes, Terri looks at her and says, "I', sure we'll have time to see about getting some after we take care of the bandits."


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

"Well, we do need to explore anyway" Ekan considers


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

"We should probably wait to track down the bandits until the morning anyway, to give our magical types time to recover. Harvesting radishes might be a good way to spend the rest of a day off."


male halfling druid

"If we go now and if we'll be lucky in finding the moon radishes, we can return by nightfall and start the journey tomorrow as Nazdip said. In hopes that Svetlana and Oleg are willing to share some of the soup afterwards." Odo added, happily chewing the meal before him.

Spoiler:

Knowledge nature roll, for those moon radishes
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

"Ok, lets go to find those moon radishes."

Muroi moves close to Svetlana and smiling "Your food is so delicious... Thank you very much."

Shadow Lodge

"Exploration and bandit removal, all in the name of good stew." Lillith thinks as she finishes her food. "If it's better than even this, it might be worth it."

"We should be careful. I've only got minor spells left, and if we run into anything worse than a bandit, that could be a problem. I doubt we'd like to tangle with a bear."

"As has been said before, the food was delicious. Far better than my trail rations." Lillith tells Svetlana.


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

"What if the bandits were supposed to go straight back to their camp? If we go looking for radishes first, we might have to fight them on their terms. I'd rather not do that."


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

"Are you suggesting that we just go now to the bandit camp? We'll have more spells in the morning, but it doesn't much matter to me, I just chop 'em in half."


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

"We can ask to the bandit, how far is the camp? If it takes more than one day to arrive there, we can start our travel right now. But I´m afraid we won´t survive this battle."


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

"I'm not saying we should attack today, we can find the camp today and attack early in the morning if it's that close."

And to be honest, after the last two fights, I'm not sure if I'm going to live through this one.

Shadow Lodge

"I would not suggest fighting them right now. They know the land better than we do. Even if we did beat them, what if we became lost in the process?"

"If it takes time to get to the bandit camp, then we have at least twice that to learn what we can about the area, or even try to repair the catapults for use."


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

"Perhaps the radishes should be secondary," He agrees.


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

"We are losing our time, please, someone flips a coin."


male halfling druid

"Might as well" Odo said, not willing to get into this clash once again. He searches his pockets and finding the coin from last time he prepares to throw it in the air. "With heads we go for their heads, with tails we go for the radishes."

Spoiler:

I'm quite impartial on the result: 1 tails, 2 heads
1d2 ⇒ 1


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

"Ok, let´s go for the moon radishes. And we should start mapping from here to the place where the radishes are."


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

Ekan fights a chuckle. How I'm going to write up a song about the party lead by the toss of a coin, and get folks to believe me, I may never know


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

Terri doesn't seem too pleased, but she doesn't say anything and scurries off to see if Svetlana needs any help cleaning up.

How long would it take for some clothes to be made? I know that the game mechanics don't factor in clothing damage, but I doubt that being roasted alive for a few seconds is going to leave her outfit totally unscathed.


Svetlana could make some given a few days, but Oleg also has some halfling sized clothes on hand you could purchase.


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

With 5 cp? Unless I can dip into the group fund for some.


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

Does anyone have prestidigitation? that's normally used for stuff like that. You should have your share of recent loot as well, not just the group fund. Muroi has been tallying.


Nazdip Stinkblade wrote:
Does anyone have prestidigitation? that's normally used for stuff like that. You should have your share of recent loot as well, not just the group fund. Muroi has been tallying.

Yep, you should have some cash. Also, while prestidigitation could clean soiled clothing, it would take a spell like mending to actually fix ruined clothes.


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

I'll have to find the tally in a bit then. Thanks Nazdip.


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

Sorry for the hold up.

Terri takes her share of the gold and finds Oleg.

"Excuse me, sir. Do you happen to have some clothes for one of my size? My current outfit seems to have run afoul of some ill-tempered fire."

She'll buy two explorer's outfits and a set of clothes for cold weather.

351 to 400 of 444 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pint-Sized Kings All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.