Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Motteditor's Kingmaker campaign (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor


2,801 to 2,850 of 3,162 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Once Jon is down with the group Agnar will follow Orin in, taking pains to be quiet. Stealth check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

No, no, he won't... Apparently we should have just gone with Kereek's plan and burned the place down from the get-go. *facepalm*


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

I TOLD YOU SO!


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

I am just amazed that we've managed to infiltrate the bandit fortress so stealthily up to this point. I think we're doing great, even if you two do-do birds just set off all the alarms =P


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 13; Flat Footed: 18]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Orin cringes inwardly as someone drops a load of pots and pans from the roof of the building, then again as the pregnant yak stumbles through the door. "Oh well, no hope for it now." he thinks to himself as he pulls his sword and rushes the nearest bandit.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 25
Damage: 2d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 + 2 = 11

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Great, splitting the party... That always goes well.

As Jon clambers after Kereek onto the roof, his armor hits the side, creating a loud clatter despite the kobold's magic. A massive man wakes and, seeing the pair, hollers out: "Intruders! Intruders! Get up, Valkeri!" He scrambles to his feet, hefting a massive club, as a much smaller man's eyes shoot open, widening at the sight of you.

Below, Agnar and Orin step in, noticing Akiros to their right. To the left, Orin sees a man wearing a heavy leather cloak, gloves, kilt and boots clapping a helm that looks like the skull of a stag on his head and hefting his bow.

Orin's shot takes him in the shoulder, drawing a cry of rage. 11 hp

Dice rolls:

Auchs Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Valkeri Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Initiatives
Agnar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Jon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Kereek: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Orin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Prazil: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Treshiell: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Auchs: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Valkeri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Akiros: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Stag Lord: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Dovan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Bandits: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Status:

Stag Lord: 11

Map


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek steps beside Jon (within a 15 foot cone of the enemies), and shakes his fist at the bandits. "Is not Truders! We is Mighty Heroes!"/b] Suddenly his voice gets low and conspiratorial. [b]"Wanna see a magic trick? Kereek make fire!"

With this he casts Burning Hands on the bandits!

Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 1) + 3 = 7 and Reflex DC 14 for half damage!


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 13; Flat Footed: 18]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Orin actually drew his sword and attacked, he should be adjacent to the Stag Lord

Round #1:
Initiative: 5
Hit points: 24/33
AC: 18 ; T: 12 ; FF: 16
CMD: 18
Condition: Blessed

Orin looks over his shoulder at Akiros and says "Time to make your choice."
As he continues to press his attack on the bandit leader Orin grins maniacally at the man and says "Behold, your death is at hand. The Swordlords have signed your death warrant and I am here to deliver judgment. Surrender yourself now and I guarantee your death will be as swift and painless as possible. Continue your attack and I promise your end will take days if not weeks before I finish with you."
Intimidate (Demoralize) check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Seeing the scoffing look in the man's eyes Orin realizes he has failed to impress the man in the least.

Summoning all his strength, Orin pulls out all the stops to take the bandit leader down as quickly as possible.
Attack (Power Attack) roll: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 16
Damage: 2d4 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 + 2 + 3 = 13


Human Witch 6, 35/35 hp

Round 2, initiative 19
ac 15, touch 11, fleet-footed 14
fort +2, ref +2, will +5
cmd 12
hp 17/17
effects: mage armor

Treshiell sneaks up next to Kereek in the doorway. She throws a handful of dirt against the Stag Lord and draws a symbol in the air. The dirt transforms into a thin mist before exploding into a bright light, clinging unnaturally to the air.

Move action to move up to the door.
Cast Glitterdust (DC16 will save) at the area occupied by the Stag Lord.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Treshiell, I think you mean Prazil. It's okay, all you humans look alike to me, too.


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Orin, I think that Intimidate (demoralize) is a standard action, not a free action. =(

Can I hold off on posting Prazil's action until after seeing what the Stag Lord and Akiros do?


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 13; Flat Footed: 18]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

You're right, Prazil. Consider the Demoralize his first round action and the attack Orin's second round action and we should be all good.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Don't quite have time to finish writing up the full post before I head off to watch the Patriots, unfortunately. Basic actions, though, Prazil, the Stag Lord is going to back up, fire an arrow at Orin that will hit him in the chest and hurt a lot. Akiros plans to stand up and bide his time.


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Oh, good. That helps.

Round 1, Initiative 12

Agnar draws back his bow and fires a shot at the Stag Lord after he backs up and shoots at Orin.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Well, poop.


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Seeing the pointy-hatted man readying himself to shoot, Prazil barks a heroic challenge as he urges Fang into a deadly rush toward the towering helmeted man.

Mounted Combat Skill Checks:

Fight w/ Combat Trained Mount (Ride DC10): auto-succeed
Guide Mount w/ Knees (Ride DC5): auto-succeed
Fang Attack (Handle Animal DC20): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
>Fang can't attack this round<

"!להילחם בי, גבר שראש הקרן מסריח" (Cavalier's Challenge)

draconic:
"Fight Prazil, smelly horn-head man!"

Allies receive a +1 circumstance bonus to hit the Stag Lord so long as Prazil threatens him.
Any enemies other than the Stag Lord receive a +2 bonus to hit Prazil.

Mwk Warhammer(aid, charge, challenge): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

AoO:

If the Stag Lord provokes an AoO from Prazil, here it is in advance.
Mwk Warhammer(aid, challenge): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

status:

--Prazil--
HP: 36/25
AC: 24 (14 T / 21 FF)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +3/+5/+2
Cavalier's Challenge uses left: 0/1
Tactician uses left: 1/1
-Ongoing Effects-
aid: 1/3 minutes; 8/10 rounds (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear, +11 hp) (morale)
bless: 1/3 minutes; 6/10 rounds (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear) (morale)
Cavalier's Challenge: Target - Stag Lord

--Fang--
HP: 20/20
AC: 23 (13T / 20 FF)
CMD: 17 (21 vs trip)
F/R/W: +5/+6(evasion)/+2
bless: 1/3 minutes; 3/10 rounds (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear) (morale)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Whoops, sorry about that confusion, Orin. Consider yourself next to the swordlord.

Round 1:

Bandits: 23
Stag Lord: 21
Kereek: 19
Akiros: 19
Treshiell: 15
Dovan: 15
Jon: 13
Agnar: 12
Valkeri: 12
Prazil: 8
Auchs: 7
Orin: 5

You can hear a lot of noise from the far room as the bandits there respond to the yell from the Stag Lord and from above.

On the roof, Kereek gestures, and a burst of flame gouts from his hand, washing over his two foes, who scream in pain -- though the smaller man's voice seems oddly strangled. 7 hp to both

Jon follows his attack, stepping up and hacking into the larger man with his bastard sword. 13 hp He responds, slamming his club into the paladin, a vicious blow that stuns the smaller Jon. 16 hp His companion scrambles to his feet, grabbing his sword, and moves toward Kereek.[/ooc]

In the bedroom, the Stag Lord steps back away from Orin. The eyes on the stag helm seem to flash and he draws back and releases an arrow, which slams into Orin's chest as if he were standing still. 18 hp

Akiros stands up, pulling his longsword, though he takes no action, simply watching the group of you.

Treshiell's gesture covers the Stag Lord with dust, and he yells in rage and surprise as he tries to blink the glittery substance out of his eyes.

Agnar's shot goes wide as Prazil charges past him and slams his warhammer into the bandit leader, who ignores Orin's call to surrender.

Mechanics:

Stag Lord attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
1d8 + 6 + 3d6 ⇒ (8) + 6 + (1, 1, 2) = 18

Auchs Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Valkeri Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Jon attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Auchs attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Stag Lord save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Stag Lord: 16, blinded 3 rounds (DC 16 Will each round to see)
Auchs: 20
Valkeri: 7

Jon: 16

Map

Whew. Think I got everything!


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 13; Flat Footed: 18]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Round #2
Initiative: 5
Hit points: 6/33
AC: 18 ; T: 12 ; FF: 16
CMD: 18
Condition: Blessed

Can Orin move alongside the Stag Lord or is the bed in the way? Would standing on the bed give him 'higher ground'?

Orin staggers back a step as the arrow punches through his breastplate and pierces his lung underneath. Focusing solely on the man before him Orin climbs over the furniture between him and his target. Bringing his sword down in an overhead chop Orin hopes to fell his target before he succumbs to his wounds.

Taking his earlier roll, add +1 to it (for Prazil's challenge) making it a 17 to hit (18 if on higher ground by standing on the bed) for 13 points of damage.


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Round 2 - Initiative 8

Mounted Combat Skill Checks:

Fight w/ Combat Trained Mount (Ride DC10): auto-succeed
Guide Mount w/ Knees (Ride DC5): auto-succeed
Fang Attack (Handle Animal DC20): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
>Fang attacks this round<

Prazil guides Fang along the northern wall, hoping to position the pointy-hat bad man between them and Orin, Duke of Violence.

Fang Bite(bless, flanking): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23for: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Fang Trip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 vs CMD

Mwk Warhammer(aid, challenge, flanking): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

status:
--Prazil--
HP: 36/25
AC: 24 (14 T / 21 FF)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +3/+5/+2
Cavalier's Challenge uses left: 0/1
Tactician uses left: 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
aid: 1/3 minutes; 9/10 rounds (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear, +11 hp) (morale)
bless: 1/3 minutes; 7/10 rounds (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear) (morale)
Cavalier's Challenge: Target - Stag Lord

--Fang--
HP: 20/20
AC: 23 (13T / 20 FF)
CMD: 17 (21 vs trip)
F/R/W: +5/+6(evasion)/+2
bless: 1/3 minutes; 7/10 rounds (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear) (morale)


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 13; Flat Footed: 18]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Actually Prazil goes before Orin so he and Fang wouldn't get the flanking bonus. Good news is that Orin would get it and the Stag Lord should be prone.


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Looking at the map again, Orin, you are totally correct. Alas. Here's hoping a 21 is good enough!


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

"Company's coming," Agnar mutters as he hears the other voices. He moves to gain line of sight to the next room and appears momentarily dismayed at the numbers. "A lot of company..." He swiftly speaks a prayer and touches his holy symbol, raising his hand toward the gathering bandits as a loud boom erupts in the room beyond, blasting some of the brigands and sending them reeling.

10 foot move to the square just to the left of the #2. Casting sound burst into the next room, catching the three closest bandits. Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5 Fort save DC 14 or stunned for 1 round.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Round 2:

Kereek grins a toothy smile at the squirelly bandit facing him as he steps diagonally to the Southeast to be directly southern of the man. "Bad bandit like magic trick? Bad bandit want new trick? Maybe bad bandit like pretty colors?"

Kereek casts defensively, casting color spray, and if possible, angling it downward to the floor below to catch anyone else on that level.

Cast defensively: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
DC 14 Will Save!


Human Witch 6, 35/35 hp

Round 2, initiative 19
ac 11, touch 11, fleet-footed 10
fort +2, ref +2, will +5
cmd 12
hp 17/17
effects: mage armor

Treshiell continues to lurk in the doorway tracing the strands of reality with her fingers. As she plucks on them the dirt hovering closest to the Stag Lord starts a slow omnious orbit around the bandit king.

Cast Misfortune hex (DC15 will save to avoid)


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Round 2, Init 13
7/23 -> 8/23
AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19. . (+9 armor, +1 Dex, +1 dodge)
Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +7, Immune fear, disease

Swift Action to Lay on Hands 1d6 ⇒ 1

After experiencing first hand how dangerous his foe is, Jon takes a defensive stance as he slashes again at the brute.

Single Attack with Combat Expertise
1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 1 = 15
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

I'm doing the Bandits and Stag Lord's actions for the top of Round 3 as well, to make it a little easier for you to decide your actions.

Round 2:

Bandits: 23
Stag Lord: 21
Kereek: 19
Akiros: 19
Treshiell: 15
Dovan: 15
Jon: 13
Agnar: 12
Valkeri: 12
Prazil: 8
Auchs: 7
Orin: 5

As the bandits who were sleeping scramble to get their gear, the other bandits rush to attack. The remaining tower guard fires an arrow at Kereek or Jon, though it's hard to tell who his target is, considering how far off the shot flies.

One, a slim man in his 30s, armed with a short sword, closes with Orin, his blade cutting into the priest. 5 hp Two others -- one a fat man with grease stains on his armor and the other a red-headed man -- move into the room with bows, firing at Treshiell and Orin. The latter shot goes wide, but Treshiell is hit in the shoulder, the tip of the arrow emerging from the other side of the young woman's arm. 8 hp; also, Treshiell, your stats aren't accounting for your mage armor.

The Stag Lord, blinded, drops his bow and pulls his sword, trying to deflect any potential attacks. Total defense

Kereek's spell catches the young bandit opposite him full in the face, and he drops like a sack of potatoes.

Akiros simply watches, apparently unwilling to commit yet, as Treshiell hexes the Stag Lord, to no apparent effect.

Despite fighting more defensively, Jon slices into his large foe again with his blade, drawing another spurt of blood from the wounded man. 11 hp Still, he continues to fight, and slams Jon again with his club, a bone-crushing blow that drops the paladin to the ground, unconscious. 14 hp

Agnar steps back and calls on Erastil's faith as a loud boom suddenly fills the chamber, momentarily stunning everyone before you all resume action. The three main targets of the spell are slower to recover, blinking rapidly as they try to regain their wits. 5 hp, stunned 1 round; Agnar I had you step back 5 feet instead of your move to compensate for the bandits' actions.

Fang, Prazil and Orin all lay into the bandit leader, knowing the Stag Lord to the ground and inflicting vicious wounds on the man. 25 hp total

A second arrow comes flying from the tower toward Kereek, but again lands far wide of the kobold, as the bandits on the first floor begin to move into position to attack.

The Stag Lord tries to get to his feet and dive between his attacks to more open ground, but is hampered by the glittering dust in his eyes. Ugh; stupid 1. Prazil, Fang and Orin can make attacks of opportunity along with their regular attacks of opportunity.

Dice rolls:

Bandit longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d8 ⇒ 1

Bandit (Agnar): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Bandit (Treshiell): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d8 ⇒ 8

Bandit (Orin): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d8 ⇒ 5

Stag Lord save (Glitterdust): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Valkeri save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5
Stag Lord save (Misfortune): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Markard save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Fat Norry save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Topper Red save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Auchs attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Bandit longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d8 ⇒ 1

Stag Lord Acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 15 - 4 = 12
Stag Lord save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Status:

Stag Lord: 41, blinded 1 rounds (DC 16 Will each round to see), total defense (+4 AC)
Auchs: 31
Valkeri: 7, color sprayed (Unconscious 5 rounds)
Markard: 5
Fat Norry: 5
Topper Red: 5

Jon: 29

Map


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Round 3:

Kereek steps diagonally SE toward Jon and the big man. He clicks his tongue against his teeth worriedly as he sees Jon fall, but as the big guys looks capable of tearing him in half on his own, Kereek sees him as the immediate threat.

"You great big bad bandit. Kereek great might sorcerer! Make great mighty magic! Kill little squirrelly man! Now Kereek take care of you!"

Kereek casts Burning Hands versus the big man, angling his attack to miss Jon!

Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) + 3 = 9 fire damage; Reflex DC 14 for half!


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6
motteditor wrote:
One, a slim man in his 30s, armed with a short sword, closes with Orin, his blade cutting into the priest.

Given their positions and "the priest," should I assume the 5hp damage applies to me and not Orin?

Round 3, Initiative 12:

Agnar drops his longbow and raises his hands, his holy symbol giving off a faint glow as sharp bestial claws form on his fingers.

"Time to get messy," he says as he steps in slashing at the nearest stunned bandit.

Free action to activate the holy symbol and grow the claws. 5 foot step and taking two attacks at the nearest bandit. Attacks: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Round 2 AoOs:

Fang Bite (bless, Prazil's challenge, flanking): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20for: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Fang Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 vs CMD

Mwk Warhammer (aid, challenge, flanking): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Round 3 - Initiative 8

Mounted Combat Skill Checks:

Fight w/ Combat Trained Mount (Ride DC10): auto-succeed
Guide Mount w/ Knees (Ride DC5): auto-succeed
Fang Attack (Handle Animal DC20): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
>Fang attacks this round<

Seeing the pointy-horn-head man stumbling and flopping about, Prazil begins to suspect that this man is not the bad bandit king but rather simply a drunken big feet wearing a silly hat. Taking his cue from Orin though, the stalwart kobold continues to press the attack!

Fang Bite (bless, Prazil's challenge, flanking): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20for: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Fang Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 vs CMD

Mwk Warhammer (aid, challenge, flanking): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 wah wahhhh waaaaahhhhh!

Round 3 AoOs (if any):

Fang Bite (bless, Prazil's challenge, flanking): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24for: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Fang Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 vs CMD

Mwk Warhammer (aid, challenge, flanking): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

status:
--Prazil--
HP: 36/25
AC: 24 (14 T / 21 FF)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +3/+5/+2
Cavalier's Challenge uses left: 0/1
Tactician uses left: 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
aid: 1/3 minutes; 10/10 rounds (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear, +11 hp) (morale)
bless: 1/3 minutes; 8/10 rounds (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear) (morale)
Cavalier's Challenge: Target - Stag Lord

--Fang--
HP: 20/20
AC: 23 (13T / 20 FF)
CMD: 17 (21 vs trip)
F/R/W: +5/+6(evasion)/+2
bless: 1/3 minutes; 8/10 rounds (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear) (morale)


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 13; Flat Footed: 18]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Round #3
Initiative: 5
Hit points: 6/33
AC: 18 ; T: 12 ; FF: 16
CMD: 18
Condition: Favored Enemy, Flanking, Bless, Challenge, Power Attack

AoO: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 15
Damage: 2d4 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 + 2 + 3 = 14

Seeing an opening as the once mighty Stag lord crawls across the floor unable to see, Orin swings his sword in a decapitating arc only to miss as he involuntarily winces due to the pain in his chest. Steeling himself he swings his mighty sword again and grunts in satisfaction as the blade strikes home (hopefully).

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 23
Damage: 2d4 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 + 2 + 3 = 14


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Quick interjection to say: I LOVE this game! That is all.


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Round 3, Init 13
HP -6/23
AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19. . (+9 armor, +1 Dex)
Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +7, Immune fear, disease
Status: Unconscious

Jon dreams of a girl he once knew...


Human Witch 6, 35/35 hp

Round 3, initiative 15
ac 15, touch 11, fleet-footed 14
fort +2, ref +2, will +5
cmd 12
hp 9/17
effects: mage armor

Treshiell shrieks in anger and grabs her arm where the arrow hit her. The shrieks is cut short when the young witch convulses for a second then spews forward a swarm of spiders on the floor. One by one the spiders turn and begin a mechanical march against the bandits, while Treshiell ducks for cover inside the room.

Cast Vomit swarm beside me avoiding Agnars square. Have them start moving up and to the left on my nex turn to engulf two of the bandits.
Move action to the square just north of the "3". I'm hoping i can get some kind of cover there.

Kereek! wrote:
Quick interjection to say: I LOVE this game! That is all.

\o/


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 13; Flat Footed: 18]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Jon, don't forget your stabilization check.


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Stabilization Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 vs. DC 16

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Whoops. Yes, Agnar, that was you. Oddly, I also used Jon instead of your name at one spot, though I did catch that one.

And thanks, Kereek. Glad you're enjoying it.

Round 3:

Kereek
Akiros
Treshiell
Dovan
Jon
Agnar
Prazil
Orin
Bandits
Stag Lord

The massive man seems to almost lurch into the way of Kereek's flame blast, which takes him full in thef face. He screams once, and then collapses, unconscious, next to Jon's bleeding body.

Treshiell vomits up a swarm of crawling insects, sending them toward the bandits, as she moves to find cover. Moments later, you hear a strange hooting roar coming from behind the bandits, several of whom begin falling back away from you.

"Damn," Akiros curses suddenly, pulling something from his neck and tossing it on the ground as he pulls his longsword. He closes with the bowman who shot Treshiell and, roaring, chops the man down.

Agnar's claws grow with Erastil's favor, as he slashes the nearest bandit, spilling blood from a massive wound that drops the man into unconsciousness.

Fang again knocks the Stag Lord down, apparently surprising Prazil, whose hammer flies over the bandit leader's head. Orin misses with his first strike, but takes advantage of the man's position on the ground to hit him with his second opportunity, opening up yet another dreadful gash. However, as he blinks the dust from his eyes, he's able to roll away from his attackers, and pulls a potion that he chugs down, his wounds knitting closed.

The other bandits continue to fall back, the one in the tower again badly missing Kereek with an arrow.

Mechanics:

Auchs Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Akiros attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 15 - 4 = 21
3d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5, 6) + 5 = 17

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Status:

Stag Lord: 43
Auchs: 40, unconcious
Valkeri: 7, color sprayed (Unconscious 4 rounds)
Markard: 12, unconscious
Fat Norry: 5
Topper Red: 12, unconscious

Jon: 29

No map, as I'm at work. Stag Lord is three squares east of Orin's position on the most recent map (which I don't seem to have updated to put him in the right spot, sorry). The remaining "generic" bandits all fell back 30 feet, the though closest one who's still standing fell back 60. Will try to get the map updated in the morning.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek lets out a whoop of glee as the big man falls. He gives a quick growl at the poor archer in the tower, then turns to Jon. He pours the potion into Jon's open mouth, blowing in his face to get him to swallow.

"Wake up, Jon Jon! Bad bandits still need holy-killing!"

Cure Light Wounds Potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Nice roll!

Round 4, Initiative 12, hp 15/20

At the sound of the bestial roar and the sight of the bandits falling back, Agnar causes the claws to recede with a thought, picking up his fallen bow from behind him and takes a step back toward the others, taking a shot at one of the fleeing bandits if they're still in sight.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

"I've got a bad feeling about this..." he says.


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 13; Flat Footed: 18]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]

Damn you Stag Lord, stop using our magic items!

Round #4
Initiative: 5
Hit points: 6/33
AC: 18 ; T: 12 ; FF: 16
CMD: 18
Condition(s): Favored Enemy, Flanking, Bless, Challenge, Power Attack

"Slippery little bastard" Orin thinks to himself as the Stag Lord wiggles his way past himself and Prazil. As hie blinks his eyes free of dust, the Bandit leader has just enough time to see Orin's sword as it connects, undoing some of the benefits of the healing potion he just drank.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 23
Damage: 2d4 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 + 2 + 3 = 13


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Round 4 - Initiative 8

Mounted Combat Skill Checks:

Fight w/ Combat Trained Mount (Ride DC10): auto-succeed
Guide Mount w/ Knees (Ride DC5): auto-succeed
Fang Attack (Handle Animal DC20): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
>Fang attacks this round<

A surprised bark escapes Prazil as the horn-headed head-horn man scrambles away. He looks toward Orin and the terrible arrow hole in his chest, then toward the Stag Lord and the gaping sword wounds in his body, then to his tiny hammer. With a nod and a heroical cry of "BAAAAAYCOOOONE!" he urges Fang into another rush, the wolf loosing a tremendous howl as he bounds forward.

Fang Bite (bless, challenge, charge): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28for: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Fang Trip:: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 vs CMD

Aid Another - Orin's Defense (aid, challenge, charge): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 Success! Orin gets a +3 to AC vs the Stag Lord this round.

status:
--Prazil--
HP: 36/25
AC: 24 (14 T / 21 FF)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +3/+5/+2
Cavalier's Challenge uses left: 0/1
Tactician uses left: 1/1
-Ongoing Effects-
aid: 2/3 minutes; 1/10 rounds (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear, +11 hp) (morale)
bless: 1/3 minutes; 9/10 rounds (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear) (morale)
Cavalier's Challenge: Target - Stag Lord

--Fang--
HP: 20/20
AC: 21 (11T / 18 FF) (includes -2 from charging)
CMD: 17 (21 vs trip)
F/R/W: +5/+6(evasion)/+2
bless: 1/3 minutes; 9/10 rounds (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear) (morale)


Male Half elf Spell-less Ranger 6
Character Information:
[HP: 52/52]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 13; Flat Footed: 18]; [CMB: +10; CMD: 22]; [Saves: Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +7; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +15]
Prazil wrote:


[dice=Aid Another - Orin's Defense (aid, challenge, charge)]1d20+11 Success! Orin gets a +3 to AC vs the Stag Lord this round.

Yay, me! I can't take another hit like the last one.


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Round 4, Init 13
HP -6-1+9+3+7 = 12/23
AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19. . (+9 armor, +1 Dex)
Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +7, Immune fear, disease
Status: Prone - -4 AC vs. melee, +4 AC vs. Ranged

Jon still realing in massive pain doesn't bother standing just yet and while he mouths what must be a thank you to Kereek, it comes out silent, as Jon lacks the strength to overcome the mild quieting effect of Kereek magic. But he does come to with enough sense to channel some healing energy inward as he fishes out his cure potion.

Swift: Lay on Hands 1d6 ⇒ 3
Move & Standard: Pull out and drink his Potion of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Human Witch 6, 35/35 hp

Round 4, initiative 15
ac 15, touch 11, fleet-footed 14
fort +2, ref +2, will +5
cmd 12
hp 9/17
effects: mage armor

No real narration as i'm abit unsure what my options are.
Do the swarm continue after the fleeing bandits or do i have to direct them as a standard action?

If i have to direct, then standard action to do so
If not, then Evil eye on the Stag lord to make him suffer a -2 penalty to attack rolls.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek stifles the urge to say "No time for love, Doctor Jones!" to Jon.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The map at the start of this round.

Round 4:

Kereek
Akiros
Treshiell
Dovan
Jon
Agnar
Prazil
Orin
Bandits
Stag Lord

As Kereek and Jon get the paladin back on his feet, the fight continues to rage below them.

Akiros steps up and swings at his apparently former master, but the blow harmlessly slams off the Stag Lord's strange leather armor.

The spiders continue their march as Treshiell directed them, enveloping the Stag Lord and Akiros, as well as the two unconscious bandits. Though the stings hurt, both men contain their revulsion at the bugs, though the bandit leader seems shaken by Treshiell's hex. Standard action to change the bugs' direction, so I assume they'll stay where they are at this point until you direct them otherwise, Treshiell.

Just then, the roaring hoots grow even louder, and you see a man with a drawn rapier come rounding the corner at full speed and racing past you to the gate. Moments later, he's followed by a massive owlbear, which immediately focuses instead on this seemingly easier prey. The owlbear is in the doorway between areas 1 and 2; the other man rushed out to where Treshiell's marker is (which is actually in the wrong place, I believe, as I think she'd moved into room 3.

Agnar backs up with his bow, firing an arrow at the huge creature, only to see it seemingly get stuck in its feathers and not do any damage at all. I'm going to assume Agnar will instead shoot the owlbear, as it's now between him and the bandits, though I can retcon that if you want.

Prazil and Orin close in on the fighting Stag Lord, Fang's teeth and the ranger's sword inflicting massive wounds on the clearly hurting man. Note: if you stay where you are next round, you will be affected by the swarm unless Treshiell moves it.

The tower bandit takes another shot at Jon and Kereek, again missing. Below, five of the bandits fire into the battle, but none are able to hit, though a few come too close for comfort.

The Stag Lord again rolls out of combat, toward Akiros' sleeping area, and downs another potion. "Damn you, Isimort. You'll pay for your treachery!" Damn, waste of a perfectly good roll.

Dice rolls:

Akiros attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Swarm damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Stag Lord poison save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Stag Lord distraction save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Akiros poison save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Akiros distraction save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Stag Lord misfortune save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Dovan Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Tower longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Bandit 1 longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Victim: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Bandit 2 longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Victim: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Bandit 3 longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Victim: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Bandit 4 longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Victim: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Bandit 5 longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Victim: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Stag Lord Acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
3d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 3, 4) + 5 = 20

Status:

Stag Lord: 49
Auchs: 40, unconcious
Valkeri: 7, color sprayed (Unconscious 4 rounds)
Markard: 18, unconscious
Fat Norry: 5
Topper Red: 18, unconscious
Akiros: 6

Will see if I can get a map up tonight when I get home.


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Kereek points at the color sprayed barbarian. "Him wake up soon. Kereek go help down down?"

Not waiting for an answer, Kereek heads north to the edge of the broken floor and leans over. Assuming he sees the massed barbarians below, he uses his last 1st level spell slot and color sprays the lot of them!

Will Save DC 14!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Map


Male Human (Ulfen) Cleric 6

Yikes...yeah, I'll take the shot at the owlbear, for all the good it did me.

Round 5, Initiative 12, hp 15/20

Agnar invokes Erastil's power, reaching out to lay a hand on Orin.

[ooc]Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 = 12


m kobold cavalier (beast rider) 6

Round 5 - Initiative 8
Grunting at the hornheaded man's ability to bounce around the room like a greased toad, Prazil once more urges Fang to rush the man. His eye go wide as they rush past a giant bear! No, a giant owl! No, a giant bear-owl!
Movement provokes AoO from owlbear; if it takes the attack vs Prazil, it gets a +2 to hit due to Prazil's challenge still being active =(

Mounted Combat Skill Checks:

Fight w/ Combat Trained Mount (Ride DC10): auto-succeed
Guide Mount w/ Knees (Ride DC5): auto-succeed
Fang Attack (Handle Animal DC20): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
>Fang attacks this round<

Fang Bite (bless, challenge, charge): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24for: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Fang Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 vs CMD

Mwk Warhammer (aid, challenge, charge): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

status:
--Prazil--
HP: 36/25
AC: 24 (14 T / 21 FF)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +3/+5/+2
Cavalier's Challenge uses left: 0/1
Tactician uses left: 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
aid: 2/3 minutes; 2/10 rounds (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear, +11 hp) (morale)
bless: 1/3 minutes; 10/10 rounds (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear) (morale)
Cavalier's Challenge: Target - Stag Lord

--Fang--
HP: 20/20
AC: 21 (11T / 18 FF) (includes -2 from charging)
CMD: 17 (21 vs trip)
F/R/W: +5/+6(evasion)/+2
bless: 1/3 minutes; 10/10 rounds (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear) (morale)


Male Human Paladin 4 (HP 30/30)

Round 5, Init 13
HP 12/23 -> 16/23
AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19. . (+9 armor, +1 Dex)
Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +7, Immune fear, disease

After taking his moment to shake off the pain, Jon stands up and swiftly channel more positive energy inward. Lay on Hands 1d6 ⇒ 4

Kereek! wrote:

Kereek points at the color sprayed barbarian. "Him wake up soon. Kereek go help down down?"

Not waiting for an answer...

"Yes go help our friends, I'll take care of this unhappy business." Jon says as he gets into position to deliver the coup de grâce.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Give me a Knowledge (religion) check, please, Jon


Male Kobold Sorcerer 6 (red dragon bloodline)

Uh-oh...

2,801 to 2,850 of 3,162 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Kingmaker campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.