Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Legacy of Fire

Game Master Megan Robertson


401 to 450 of 2,617 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

M Hobgoblin Druid 1

I have also prepared two cure spells.
The scorpion is now at 10/12.

As for myself: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2.
I guess I need to try again.
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4.
Full HP


So if I get it right, Raulzig is at 2hp after the rest?
Despite the action-packed day, Raulzig's sleep is dreamless. When he awakes, he finds that every muscle and bone in his body is aching. The wound has covered with a crust and still causes quite a bit of pain. Being a gnome, his spirit remains undaunted by the bodily harm.
"I would offer to scout ahead as I can see in the dark, but I'm afraid I might not have a chance to flee from possible danger in my present state. Let's go inside, but keep alert."
If a perception roll is needed inside the church:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
If the party approaches the altar without distractions, Raulzig uses detect magic on it.


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan enters shortly behind Calain, weapon at the ready and watching the darkened corners of the room.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 @Raulzig Don't forget the healing you got from Pashaj


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

The benches are very old and of wooden make at least two dozen sit from here to the altar but many of them are overturned or broken a short set of stairs leads to the old altar and there are two archways leading to two other rooms. There is nothing notable out of the ordinary at first glance.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain boldly walks into the room and looks around. Seeing the choice before him, he looks at the priest; Which way? and moves of in whatever direction, Pashaj suggests

Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

It is dark silent and seems long abandoned which way do you go are you gonna check altar etc.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj nods silently towards the altar. He walks up to it and begins inspecting it.

Perception - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Knowldge (Religion) - 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13 (untrained)


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

An examination of the altar reveal a few torn pages of a copy of Unbinding the Fetters strewn about the altar, which has been smeared with excrement. Also lying atop the altar is a jumble gnoll skulls they are old and have been long dead among the pile is a mostly dried excised gnoll lung. It is quite grotesque and messy the altar has been desecrated.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj stares at the desecrated altar and the torn remains of Irori's holy book. He does not appear to anger, but the sound of his breathing slows, and he closes his eyes. He is quiet for a long moment before speaking.

"I must remind myself that such actions have little meaning to Irori, as places of worship and written scripture are but physical objects, meant to guide his followers. Yet they who have done this are no friends of ours, and if they have harmed innocents, they will answer for it."

Pashaj considers the skulls and the gnoll lung. "These are not Iroran relics."

Pashaj casts Detect Magic, centering his attention on the skulls, the lung, and the altar.


Raulzig stares at the desecrated altar with a mix of revulsion and curiosity.

Detect magic
Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"Pashaj, do you know what has to be done to restore the altar? I suppose simply cleaning it won't do, and there has to be some ritual? I suggest we check the side rooms for any clues."


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

wareagle:
Knowledge checks can't be used untrained. Are you houseruling that we can or did I overlook something with the evangelist?


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

"Is there anything I can do to help?


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel keeps an eye out for any sign of movement, making sure the church is indeed empty except for the party.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Detect magic:
A faint hardly noticeable magic aura comes from inside the gnoll lung.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Due to the fact Pashaj is a cleric of Irori it makes sense he could make a knowledge religion regarding it. You can not use knowledge checks untrained but can under certain circumstances like such. and yes this is a house rule.

Samuel perception check for keeping an eye out.

Raulzig:
You hear the sound of a door opening from one of the side rooms.


"Quiet! Someone is walking out of a side room!"
Raulzig turns at the sound with his crossbow ready to fire. He quickly looks both ways to determine which of the doors has opened.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Neither arched hallways have doors.


male Elf Witch 2

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Sam:
You hear the sound of a door opening from one of the side rooms.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj makes quick eye contact with Raulzig, but does not yet answer his question, nor does he mention the magical nature of the gnoll lung. He is quiet, as requested.

Perception - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Knowledge (Religion) - 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan finds a spot in the room that is relatively uncluttered and keeps a watch on the two passageways further in while the rest of the group examines the altar. The ways of magic and the expections one should have of an Irorian place of worship are beyond his ken, and other than confirmation of the remain's source of origin ("Yes, that's definitely a gnoll's lung. Odd.") he has little else to say. When Raulzig whispers warning of an approach, Urdaan lets his axe slide into his hand as he tries to locate the direction of the sound.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

From your position looking into the halls shows you that both hall lead to a a small octagonal room there is nothing of note in either room nor is anything of note in either room. You all hear a loud creaking noise followed by the sound of metal grinding on rock from the right room.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain, not liking what he hears, draws his Unusual Sword.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

H'vok draws his scimitar.

"I hope that whatever is in there is friendly, and if not, I hope it dies easily."


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj raises his spear and readies himself.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain figuring to get things started edges forward, quietly to check the room and (hopefully) catch an opponent unaware.

Stealth1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

You walk into the room in which all the sounds have been coming from. In the small room there is 2 bookshelves a small table holding only a book and several plants. There are no signs of any enemy's or what could have possibly made the noise.


Raulzig examines the book and the plants on the table, then the bookshelves.
Perception (for hidden details/secret levers):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Knowledge (Nature) (for recognizing plants):1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
I can roll any other knowledge checks, let me know which ones would be suitable.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
knowledge nature:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

cast: detect magic


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj follows, as silently as he can manage.

Stealth - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Once in the room, he carefully watches Raulzig investigate the plants and the bookshelves.


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan enters behind the others, and after a quick examination for the plants on the table, takes position near the doorway, keeping an eye on the room they had left.

K. Nature 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22+2 vs gnolls

"Hmm."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Not one ignore his instincts, Calain takes great pains to examine the room thoroughly.

Perception Take 2020 + 4 = 24

That noise must have come from here.


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel continues to watch for trouble.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

DC 20 perception:
You notice grooves in the floor at the bookshelf's base that indicate it can be pivoted to the side.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain, noticing the telltale signs from the bookcase, draws the parties, attention to it.

See here. I bet the noose was this thing shifting.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"How does it move?" Pashaj asks, quietly.


Raulzig's attention is immediately grasped by Calain's discovery, and he thoroughly examines the bookshelf. "If the accounts of the famous explorers are to be believed, the hidden lever in the moving bookshelves is usually masked as a fake book. Let's divide this shelf in segments among us and try moving every book in and out until we find one that doesn't budge."


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

[b]"I shall take the top right."[b] Pashaj methodically tests the books on the upper right section of the shelf.

Perception - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Elf Ranger 1

Before searching for any sort of hidden switches, Urdaan gives the bookshelf in question an experimental push. Should that fail to dislodge it, he begins looking for the odd book out.
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Being of normal height among giants, Raulzig takes the bottom right shelves.
Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Not liking the number of people getting tunnel vision on the bookcase, Calain guards the door Naodachi drawn.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

After long minutes of removing every book you come down to one at the far bottom and pull it, suddenly the bookshelf swings open to the right like a door revealing a dark tunnel and a long set of stairs there are several torches lit but not enough to offer good light.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"Well done, friends. The narrowed, focused eye sometimes sees far more than the one that is wide open." Pashaj reaches out and recasts light on Calain's armor.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Garavel looks down the now open passage and grabs his torch and lights it taking his first step in. "I suppose this is the way. Shall we be off?"


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

We shall, my blade leading.

Calain steps past Garavel and waits for the others to ready themselves.


Raulzig carefully treads forward, his crossbow readied.
"Let's stick together to avoid splitting up."


Male Elf Ranger 1
Calain wrote:

We shall, my blade leading.

Calain steps past Garavel and waits for the others to ready themselves.

As Calain moves forward, Urdaan steps to the back. "I'll take rearguard."


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"I will walk behind Calain, Garavel. Your wounds are still grave." Pashaj steps past Garavel gracefully and takes position behind the barbarian.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

I should add, Pashaj attempts to be stealthy.

Stealth - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

And fails...


Male Elf Ranger 1
Pashaj wrote:

I should add, Pashaj attempts to be stealthy.

Stealth - 1d20+1

And fails...

Urdaan raises an eyebrow, but says nothing as the group continues forward.

401 to 450 of 2,617 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wareagles Legacy of fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.