Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

KC's Age of Worms

Game Master Kobold Cleaver

Just what truly happened to Bucknard, the so-called expert on Kyuss, Dragotha, and the writhing doom?
Loot Sheet.


1 to 50 of 20,474 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Alhaster Map; Sinner's Sanctum CellarMap

Since the beginning of history, the mortal world has measured time in ages. Ages of Glory, of Dreams, and even of Great Sorrows mark the human tally of years, giving a sense of order to the events of past centuries. But one Age has yet to occur—an age of darkness, of decay, and of writhing doom. Astrologers, diviners, and the servants of Fate believe that the Age of Worms may begin at any time. The canniest among them fear that it has already begun.

In the perfumed arcade known as the Emporium, Governor-Mayor Lanod Neff rubs shoulders with common laborers awaiting an appointment in the Veiled Corridor. They peek out the windows and holler catcalls at a passing red-skinned woman down below. She ignores them, though her tail twitches in mild annoyance. A floor below, a gaggle of grasping miners presses against the windowed door of a darkened cell, impatient for a glimpse of a two-headed calf.

Out in the street, a gang of rowdies screams obscenities at a crumpled halfling, kicking it as if scrambling for a ball. Their drunken laughter echoes off shuttered windows and booted doors, but peters out when they notice a barechested musclebound brute coming their way. The gang scatters. A six-pointed star tattoo glints in the sunlight. The halfling crawls into an alleyway, leans against a wall, and pulls out a wad of something illegal.

In a tower-flanked fortress across the shadowy square, filthy men with nothing to lose shout hymns to St. Cuthbert, clutching to their idealism and principles like cornered animals. Their wild-eyed chief minister smiles as he draws a cat-o-nine-tails across his bare back, awash in their adulation and the spirit of his god. A savage-looking Olman waits nearby, his hand resting on the spiny ridge of a growling dinosaur. Something in the dinosaur's movements indicates that without that hand, the scene would be a much bloodier one.

Off the northeastern corner of town, a man rides his plump warhorse north. A fish with one eye dangling from a sore-ridden stalk hangs on a thread tied to the horse's saddle. The horse pauses as it passes the Dourstone Mine, sniffing the air. After a moment, it lets out an uneasy whinny and hurries along, cringing under the baleful glare of a dark-skinned dwarf sitting by the mine entrance.

Up about fifty yards ahead of him, a small hill dwarf walks alongside a tall, bronze-skinned human. The Company Road here is littered with smashed wine and whiskey bottles, along with the occasional broken vial that likely once contained less wholesome substances, and the pair must tread carefully to avoid being cut.

The entire town stinks of sweat, beer, and despair. But it's just another day in Diamond Lake.

Carina:
Robin, an old friend from before you came to Diamond Lake, got in touch with you two days ago to let you know about some sort of caper he's planning. Despite your wariness around the strange fisherman—he does take a horse everywhere he goes, and you are responsible for the death of his last one—you couldn't help but be intrigued by his talk of amazing riches. Riches you could use to get you and your mother out of this miserable little town and away from the grasping talons of Zalamandra and her Emporium.

Today, you're off to a small abandoned mine overseer's office about an hour outside town. There, you will meet with Robin to discuss your plans for this “Whispering Cairn”.


Tanith:
A few days ago, you were approached by an old drinking buddy of yours, Erip the dwarf. Erip is a frail, clumsy, and weak wizard, but likeable enough, and he told you that he and a friend of his were going to be embarking on a dangerous mission to explore one of Diamond Lake's many trap- and monster-filled tombs. From what he told you, it sounded like this mission could surely only end in painful, miserable death. Always one to jump at a challenge, you promptly offered your services.

Today, you're off to an abandoned mine overseer's office outside town to meet Erip and someone named Farrukh—and Robin, a hunter of sea monsters who once helped you bring down a strange crocodile. You took the liberty of inviting him along, as you have a feeling you'll need the help if you're going to conquer this "Whispering Cairn".


Cuetzpalli:
After the brutal service, Jierian Wierus takes you aside. The high priest grasps you by both shoulders and, after you bend down to accommodate, kisses your forehead. He pats your shoulders and releases you, smiling widely.

“Cuetzpalli, my Thorned Cudgel. You I have always been able to count upon in times of need.” He sweeps his arm dramatically to Spiny. ”You and your harbinger of justice, your incarnation of nature's retributive fury, have safeguarded the faithful, kept the forces of sin and chaos at bay, and shown the world that we cannot be ignored! You are my mightiest servant, and Saint Cuthbert of the Cudgel knows it and smiles down upon us.”

He wipes sweat from his brow. In the dull candelight of the church, his eyes gleam with passion, always seeming just an inch away from outright madness. “I must count upon you once more, Cuetzpalli. It is time for you to leave my church.” His fists clench. “For dark times approach, Cuetzpalli. Writhing times. And when the clouds snuff out the sky, who will bring back the light? Who will burn away the maggots and the filth? It shall be you, I know it. You have been sent to this rot-ridden town for a reason! My Thorned Cudgel, you must go forth and fight for our way of life! Our god! And the entire world!

He takes a deep breath. The silver-and-garnet medallion depicting St. Cuthbert's holy symbol shines bright with the sheer power of his belief, but it is slowly dimming as he calms down. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a folded piece of paper, which he thrusts into your hand. “The mission that the Ketite, Al'Khatel, told you about. You will go. Read this when you are in the cairn, but find a place to do it privately.”

He grasps your wrist with a grip of iron. "Cuetzpalli, Warrior of Dread. This war of ours is a bloody one, though not all blood remains fresh. You must go north at once. Meet your allies at that abandoned mine overseer's office Al'Khatel mentioned, and from there, set out. The Whispering Cairn awaits.”

You leave the Church minutes later.


Robin:
A week ago, you happened to run into Tanith, an old acquaintance of yours. The warpriest of Kord once helped you bring down a troublesome mutated crocodile that had developed the annoying habit of eating your fellow fishermen.

Tanith happened to let slip that he and two friends of his were going to be exploring some old cairn soon, and you offered your services. You knew you couldn't pass up the opportunity to go on a true adventure. Besides, your business hasn't been doing too well of late, so you knew you could use the extra coin.

A couple days ago, you also took the liberty of inviting another old friend, Carina the tiefling. She once killed your horse, but you're the forgiving sort, and you have a feeling the Whispering Cairn might be a good opportunity for the daemonspawn to apply her 'talents' constructively.

You only just remembered that the appointment—placed at an old abandoned office an hour north of town—is today, so you and Bermintrude have had to hurry from your generally uncontested fishing spot and make for the Company Road.


Erip:
Today is the day. After weeks of careful analysis, you believe you have finally located the Whispering Cairn on Allustan's incomplete maps. The last unexplored tomb in the region. Ever since that day you ran into the gruff Ketite Farrukh, you've been planning for this day.

Your feet are already sore from all this walking. Pity you weren't able to track down Carina Viera this morning; it would have been nice to make sure you were healthy before setting out. Hopefully you won't pass out from heatstroke, like the last time you came out here.

Farrukh walks beside you as you make your way up the Company Road. An hour north of town is an old abandoned mine overseer's office, and ten minutes from there is your true destination. Tanith, a tough warpriest of Kord and old drinking buddy of yours, will meet you there, and the three of you will be off.

The Whispering Cairn awaits.


Farrukh:
Almost a year ago, you arrived at Diamond Lake and attempted to plumb the depths of the Stirgenest Cairn. You were rewarded for your troubles with a singed eyebrow, a single copper coin, and a hard lesson: The time when one could show up at Diamond Lake with a sword and torch and expect to get rich quick is long past. The cairns are empty now.

And yet you never quite accepted that. Your gut told you that there had to be something, and one day, you decided to see if the wizard-sage Allustan knew anything about it. The fee for his advice would be a bit expensive, but surely worth it if you were correct.

Luckily for you, you ran into his apprentice instead, a clever dwarf named Erip. Erip not only had access to Allustan's maps—he was interested in joining you. His insight has proven invaluable, as over the last few weeks he's worked hard to find evidence of a mysterious place called the Whispering Cairn.

At last, he believes he's found it.

The two of you are going to an old abandoned office an hour from town. There, you'll meet up with Tanith, a warpriest of Kord who Erip invited, and Cuetzpalli, a deadly Olman warrior you think you convinced to come along.

The Whispering Cairn awaits.

Map of Diamond Lake, showing each character's general location. Carina, Cuetzpalli and Tanith are within eyesight of one another, and it will quickly become apparent to each other that they are all headed in the same direction. Ditto for Robin, Farrukh and Erip.


Action Points: 11/11|Bombs: 20/20|Female Undine (Formerly Yugoloth-Spawn Tiefling) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 13|HP: 70/70 (89)|AC: 22(33)/14(19)/19(23)|Saves: +13 Fort (+19 vs. Poison), +16 Ref, +11 Will (+1 vs. Enchantments)|Initiative: +3|Perception: +17

Carina does her best to ignore the whistles and catcalls of the Emporium patrons above as she walks through the streets. Her tail twitches, and she briefly contemplates throwing a bomb through the window of the Emporium just to get the patrons to stop. Who knows--maybe some of them would even die--No. No no no, don't go there. Just walk faster.

And she does, noticing the Olman with the dinosaur and the mountain of a man. They seemed to be heading in the same direction as her... did Robin invite them too? The thought causes her hands to start twitching. He hired them, you know. You don't just eat a horse's life force and get away clean, little one. Perhaps--Shut up, for the love of Fharlaghn. He's forgiven me for that--Or so you think, girl. You'll see.

If nothing else, what Robin was planning ought to get her out of town for a few days at least. Perhaps, with the haul they would find in the Whispering Cairn, she'd finally be able to convince Alessia to leave this pit of a town.

She continues with a spring in her step. Her tail *swishes* behind her.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 13 | 131/131 hp, Init +0, AC 31 [touch 23, FF 24], Fort +14*, Ref +7, Will +15; Perception +7
Active Buffs:
Resources:
Blessing 8/8 | Fervor 8/8 | Smites 6/6 | Rage 13/13 | Ki 8/8 | Action Points 11/11

A tomb filled with monsters? That's bound to be the kind of the thing the Brawler likes to see his followers chasing after. Gods willing, there'll be enough treasure to get me out of Diamond Lake and maybe a beast worth throwing down with - some kind of ogre or something. I just hope Erip's go the location right.

The hulking suel's lumbering gait slows when he spots the Olman with his pet reptile and a demon-blooded woman. He recognized the girl, he'd seen her around town before but never spoken with her. The reason why was lost to him - despite the otherworldly red skin she was a beauty...

Adjusting his armor (it doesn't fit him very well) and with a bit more swagger in his step, Tanith bellows out to the pair. "Hey there. You two know anything about a Whispering Cairn?"

The huge man winks at Carina as he speaks.


HP: 75/81| AC: 30[32] FF: 27 Touch: 22 CMD: 30| Init: +4 (+8 Underground, +6 Urban) |Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +6| Action Points 8/9| Perception +18 (+24 Underground, +27 vs Traps)

Farrukh walks along toward the office, Erip beside him. He has an uncharacteristic spring in his step today, the stoic expression he's affected belying his inner feelings, which reflect something more akin to a child on his birthday than he would ever let on.

Finally! I can get out of this cesspool of a town and do what I came here to do!


Action Points: 11/11|Bombs: 20/20|Female Undine (Formerly Yugoloth-Spawn Tiefling) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 13|HP: 70/70 (89)|AC: 22(33)/14(19)/19(23)|Saves: +13 Fort (+19 vs. Poison), +16 Ref, +11 Will (+1 vs. Enchantments)|Initiative: +3|Perception: +17

Carina tenses up as the muscleman calls out to her and the Olman. Her tail starts flicking from side to side when he winks at her.

"You're planning on heading there too?"


Genderfluid Dwarf Necromancer 1 | HP: Dead/6 | AC: 8/8/8 | Saves: +1 Fort, -2 Ref, +1 Will | Initiative: -1 | Perception: -1 | Action Points: 5/5 | Grave touch 7/7

Erip stumbles over a stone, nearly falling into one of those glass piles. She checks her component pouch again - yes, the fireflies are still buzzing around their jar. She glances up at Farrukh, the lean Baklunish with the bladed shield, and grins briefly. "I guess all this glass is from the Dourstone miners. It's not as bad as working for Smenk, but it still gets dark and dusty down there."

She follows Farrukh to the office. "Did you bring any special equipment? I have some rope," she says, twisting awkwardly to pat her rucksack. Her grey rat, Lonsoc, squeaks at the unexpected movement.

Are there any other mines besides the abandoned one near Whispering Cairn, along this road? Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
General information about the abandoned office: Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Erip probably won't notice Robin unless he rides right up behind them or starts banging weapons together.


Alhaster Map; Sinner's Sanctum CellarMap

On nearby mines:

Erip or Knowledge (local) DC 15:
There is one other mine, long since abandoned due to a kobold infestation that cleared out any ore within long ago. Aside from that, there's another (mentioned in the Player's Guide) that was abandoned decades ago for unknown reasons.

On the Office, Erip or Knowledge (local) DC 14:
The office was built by the mother of the mine manager Luzarne Parrin. She would later sell it to some aspiring cairn raiders who went missing shortly thereafter.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 13 | 131/131 hp, Init +0, AC 31 [touch 23, FF 24], Fort +14*, Ref +7, Will +15; Perception +7
Active Buffs:
Resources:
Blessing 8/8 | Fervor 8/8 | Smites 6/6 | Rage 13/13 | Ki 8/8 | Action Points 11/11

"I am! Planning to plumb the cairn's depths with a couple friends. Perhaps you know them, Erip the dwarf and a fisherman by the name Robin", the big man explains while standing at the ready.

"Were you headed there as well?"


HP: 75/81| AC: 30[32] FF: 27 Touch: 22 CMD: 30| Init: +4 (+8 Underground, +6 Urban) |Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +6| Action Points 8/9| Perception +18 (+24 Underground, +27 vs Traps)

"I've got a few things. Rope, pitons, a lantern...though I suppose you don't care about that," he says, with a sidelong look at the Dwarf "Stuff along those lines."


Genderfluid Dwarf Necromancer 1 | HP: Dead/6 | AC: 8/8/8 | Saves: +1 Fort, -2 Ref, +1 Will | Initiative: -1 | Perception: -1 | Action Points: 5/5 | Grave touch 7/7

"There were some other adventurers who owned this old office, I think, but no one's heard from them for a while. It mightn't hurt to check if they left any useful equipment, then?" Erip tromps up the steps and tests the handle.


Male Human Hunter

Robin struts through the greenery with enthusiasm, his horse Bermintrude trailing without response beside him.

"...We wouldn't have to stay around here; not after this." Robin explains happily to his steed. "We take a share and move for the next town, the next adventure - no more of this fishing malarkey."

Bermintrude seems to be pleased about that - at least, he seems to be in Robin's eyes. The traveler smiles happily and looks at the pair ahead of him. "I say, Bermintrude. They look like one of our lot. More adventurers for this Whispering Cairn?" The horse is unresponsive, so Robin calls out.

"Good day, friends! Off out for a lunch?" Robin waves politely, and mutters an aside comment to Bermintrude. "How does a Cairn whisper, anyway?"


Genderfluid Dwarf Necromancer 1 | HP: Dead/6 | AC: 8/8/8 | Saves: +1 Fort, -2 Ref, +1 Will | Initiative: -1 | Perception: -1 | Action Points: 5/5 | Grave touch 7/7

Erip jumps at the sound. "Ah, hello!" she says, turning around a bit more gracefully and raising her hand in a wave. "Yes, we're having a picnic! What brings you up this way, sir?"

She nudges Farrukh with her elbow. "I don't know this guy . . . do you think we can trust him?"

KC, roll my Bluff check if it's necessary. Also, goodnight!


Action Points: 11/11|Bombs: 20/20|Female Undine (Formerly Yugoloth-Spawn Tiefling) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 13|HP: 70/70 (89)|AC: 22(33)/14(19)/19(23)|Saves: +13 Fort (+19 vs. Poison), +16 Ref, +11 Will (+1 vs. Enchantments)|Initiative: +3|Perception: +17

The mention of Robin is enough to finally get Carina to loosen up. Her tail stops flicking about and settles down. The name Erip also catches her ear.

"Yeah. Robin O'Haranson? We're pals. I was going to meet him outside of town." Carina says, a smile breaking out on her face. I wonder how Erip's doing... she hasn't been too sick, right?


Alhaster Map; Sinner's Sanctum CellarMap

You know who you choose to know, so no Bluff unless you want one.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 13 | 131/131 hp, Init +0, AC 31 [touch 23, FF 24], Fort +14*, Ref +7, Will +15; Perception +7
Active Buffs:
Resources:
Blessing 8/8 | Fervor 8/8 | Smites 6/6 | Rage 13/13 | Ki 8/8 | Action Points 11/11

How far from town is the cairn?


Alhaster Map; Sinner's Sanctum CellarMap

The office is an hour from town. The cairn is somewhere nearby there.


HP: 75/81| AC: 30[32] FF: 27 Touch: 22 CMD: 30| Init: +4 (+8 Underground, +6 Urban) |Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +6| Action Points 8/9| Perception +18 (+24 Underground, +27 vs Traps)

"Yes...lunch." Farrukh says, putting on his best poker face.

"And you, what are you doing out here?"


Male Human Hunter

Robin nods happily. "Well, me and Bermy here heard about a quite little cairn that's just begging for a sap or two to head over and see if it's worth anything."

He gestures towards Bermintrude. "We are two such saps! I must say, that's a peculiar place to eat, isn't it? Unless you're eating at the cairn, and are just stopping off here for a small bite?"


HP: 75/81| AC: 30[32] FF: 27 Touch: 22 CMD: 30| Init: +4 (+8 Underground, +6 Urban) |Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +6| Action Points 8/9| Perception +18 (+24 Underground, +27 vs Traps)

"Oh. Where did you hear that from?"

How far did this spread?


Male Human Hunter

"An old accomplice. I took the liberty of inviting another. As for the stopping off to eat story...well, you just confirmed my suspicions about that."

Robin glances towards the dwarf, and then back at the human. "Robin O'Haranson." He grins.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 13 | 131/131 hp, Init +0, AC 31 [touch 23, FF 24], Fort +14*, Ref +7, Will +15; Perception +7
Active Buffs:
Resources:
Blessing 8/8 | Fervor 8/8 | Smites 6/6 | Rage 13/13 | Ki 8/8 | Action Points 11/11

A cheesy grin spreads across the huge man's rough features and he points northeasternly. "We should travel together then. Old Robin never said he was bringing along a beautiful woman."

After casting another brief glance at the Olman and his pet, Tanith returns his attention to the tiefling.

"The place is known to be filled with monsters but I'll keep you safe", he says while striking a heroic pose, showing off his powerful physique. "I'm Tanith."


HP: 75/81| AC: 30[32] FF: 27 Touch: 22 CMD: 30| Init: +4 (+8 Underground, +6 Urban) |Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +6| Action Points 8/9| Perception +18 (+24 Underground, +27 vs Traps)

Damn. He's really good. Or maybe I'm just a terrible liar. Yeah. That one, probably.

"Farrukh Al'Khatel."

It occurs to me I don't do gruff very well. I like chatting too much. Farrukh may just be more classically socially awkward/oblivious in that case.


Action Points: 11/11|Bombs: 20/20|Female Undine (Formerly Yugoloth-Spawn Tiefling) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 13|HP: 70/70 (89)|AC: 22(33)/14(19)/19(23)|Saves: +13 Fort (+19 vs. Poison), +16 Ref, +11 Will (+1 vs. Enchantments)|Initiative: +3|Perception: +17

Carina sighs. Her tail begins twitching again. Blatantly obvious, isn't it? You have that effect on a lot of men, it seems.

"I'm Carina. And I can handle myself, my appreciation of your offer notwithstanding." She folds her arms behind her back, the vials on the front of her clothes starting to *clink* together.

"Considering how dangerous the Cairn supposedly is, odds are you'll need me to stitch you back up once something goes wrong in there."


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 13 | 131/131 hp, Init +0, AC 31 [touch 23, FF 24], Fort +14*, Ref +7, Will +15; Perception +7
Active Buffs:
Resources:
Blessing 8/8 | Fervor 8/8 | Smites 6/6 | Rage 13/13 | Ki 8/8 | Action Points 11/11

Tanith roars with laughter at the tiefling's feisty reply. "I'm lookin' forward to it."


HP: 134/134, BR 30/30, APs 11/11; (Bloodrage) AC 24, T 12, FF 23; Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7; Perception +16, Init +5 [i][/i]

In the Church, earlier...

"Yes, master. We will not fail you. We will not fail St. Cuthbert," Cuetzpalli replied to Wierus, his own eyes alight with religious fervor, and the purpose of his destiny. He quickly gathered all his gear, and set out for the old abandoned mine overseer's office.

Now on the road...

The Olman has been silent for the first part of the journey. He studies Carina and Tanith openly, but says nothing at first. His bare back is still oozing blood from the lashing he'd given himself at the service earlier. Eventually as they walk along, he speaks up. "My name is Cuetzpalli. This is spiny. We too are traveling to the abandoned mine office to meet a man named Al'Khatel. We will protect both of you in the name of the Cudgel. It is our destiny."


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 13 | 131/131 hp, Init +0, AC 31 [touch 23, FF 24], Fort +14*, Ref +7, Will +15; Perception +7
Active Buffs:
Resources:
Blessing 8/8 | Fervor 8/8 | Smites 6/6 | Rage 13/13 | Ki 8/8 | Action Points 11/11

After the Olman speaks, Tanith gives him a long studious stare. He was one of Wierus's boys - a fact that wasn't exactly comforting. At best they were half-mad masochists. Still, he looked like a warrior and he must to be strong in order to keep that beast of his in check. The Scrolls of Might had always suggested it was important to surround oneself with strong companions...

And the Brawler said 'Surround thyself with worthy spotters lest you be crushed beneath your own iron.'

"Good to meet ya Cuetzpalli!" the huge suel answers. "Erep and Robin friends of yours too?"


HP: 134/134, BR 30/30, APs 11/11; (Bloodrage) AC 24, T 12, FF 23; Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7; Perception +16, Init +5 [i][/i]

"I have no friends. I have never met any of the people that will be involved in this mission until just now," Cuetzpalli replies frankly. "You are a large man. I like that."

Spiny walks along, heeling Cuetzpalli. He frequently licks the air, and occasionally stops to sniff at something for a moment. He makes occasional hissing noises at passing birds or other small animals. The huge fin on the animal's back rises even taller than Tanith and waddles back and forth as Spiny walks.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 13 | 131/131 hp, Init +0, AC 31 [touch 23, FF 24], Fort +14*, Ref +7, Will +15; Perception +7
Active Buffs:
Resources:
Blessing 8/8 | Fervor 8/8 | Smites 6/6 | Rage 13/13 | Ki 8/8 | Action Points 11/11

Tanith answers Cuetzpalli with a booming laugh and nods. "That's good. You're no weakling yourself!"

"Whatd'ya mean no friends? Don't tell me St. Cuthbert doesn't believe in friends", the big man says in disbelief.


HP: 134/134, BR 30/30, APs 11/11; (Bloodrage) AC 24, T 12, FF 23; Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7; Perception +16, Init +5 [i][/i]

"It is not a matter of belief. I simply have no friends. My duties keep me very busy, and there are few who I would associate with in the pit of sin that is Diamond Lake. Most men are scared of Spiny as well. He is my friend," Cuetzpalli replies. "You are a priest, right? What does your god teach?"


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 13 | 131/131 hp, Init +0, AC 31 [touch 23, FF 24], Fort +14*, Ref +7, Will +15; Perception +7
Active Buffs:
Resources:
Blessing 8/8 | Fervor 8/8 | Smites 6/6 | Rage 13/13 | Ki 8/8 | Action Points 11/11

The huge man beams, happy to talk about his patron.

"The Brawler teaches us that strength, freedom, and bravery are the most important things above all else", he explains while flexing the mammoth bicep on one arm for effect. "The strong should lead, above all others, but that they should never be tyrants - they must protect and nurture the weak, never bully them."

Tanith grins and laughs as he comes to the end of his spiel. "That's how it goes at least. I'm a bit new to the faith myself."


HP: 134/134, BR 30/30, APs 11/11; (Bloodrage) AC 24, T 12, FF 23; Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7; Perception +16, Init +5 [i][/i]

"Sounds a lot like the Cudgel. I like it. Cuthbert tends to emphasize common sense over bravery though. That and law over freedom, but I'm not really into that part. I mostly believe in the strength, endurance, common sense and self sacrifice parts," Cuetzpalli replies. He thinks back to the slaver's lash on his back every day in the fields. "Freedom is very important to me as well. Maybe I should offer prayers to the Brawler and the Cudgel."


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 13 | 131/131 hp, Init +0, AC 31 [touch 23, FF 24], Fort +14*, Ref +7, Will +15; Perception +7
Active Buffs:
Resources:
Blessing 8/8 | Fervor 8/8 | Smites 6/6 | Rage 13/13 | Ki 8/8 | Action Points 11/11

The huge ulfen grins. "You're welcome to join me for worship tomorrow. Their's some weightlifting, a good jog to get you sweating, and then some wrestling practice. There's no better way to start the day!"


Male Human Hunter

Robin nods. "Charmed." He looks around for a few moments before sighing. "Well, you're welcome to join this adventure for the cairn once you've finished eating."


HP: 134/134, BR 30/30, APs 11/11; (Bloodrage) AC 24, T 12, FF 23; Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7; Perception +16, Init +5 [i][/i]

"Sure, that sounds like fun," Cuetzpalli replies. "I'll just have to make sure that Spiny knows we're only wrestling. Otherwise he might eat you," Cuetzpalli says with a grin. "He's used to fighting with me."


Alhaster Map; Sinner's Sanctum CellarMap

I hope nobody minds, but I'm going to move this along. It looks like interactions are starting to slow down, anyway.

About an hour goes by, and Robin, Farrukh and Erip all arrive at the abandoned office. The small building (roughly 15x15 feet) has seen better days. Its roof has collapsed in places, and the old wooden walls are matted in moss and mildew. The door appears to have fallen off its rusty hinges, and lies in the grass nearby.

The interior of the building looks little better. The floor is plain dirt and covered in down feathers and bird excrement. Barn swallows nest in the ceiling corners, letting out cries of outrage when you enter. The entire place is covered in cobwebs. Nobody has been here for a long, long time.
For those looking inside:

Knowledge (nature) DC 12 or Survival DC 17:
One of the swallow nests, while inhabited by four shrieking swallow chicks, appears to be larger and smoother than any natural bird dwelling.

Carina, Tanith and Cuetzpalli also arrive around this time and see the other three.


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 13 | 131/131 hp, Init +0, AC 31 [touch 23, FF 24], Fort +14*, Ref +7, Will +15; Perception +7
Active Buffs:
Resources:
Blessing 8/8 | Fervor 8/8 | Smites 6/6 | Rage 13/13 | Ki 8/8 | Action Points 11/11

Arriving at the rundown office with Carina and Cuetzpalli, Tanith furrows his brow. This hovel didn't seem likely to have much of use but he trusted Erep's information. The dwarf was clever if nothing else usually attributed to his earthen race.

Spotting the dwarf along with Robin and a third man he didn't know by name, the huge brawler calls out a greeting. "Hey there you two!"

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Action Points: 11/11|Bombs: 20/20|Female Undine (Formerly Yugoloth-Spawn Tiefling) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 13|HP: 70/70 (89)|AC: 22(33)/14(19)/19(23)|Saves: +13 Fort (+19 vs. Poison), +16 Ref, +11 Will (+1 vs. Enchantments)|Initiative: +3|Perception: +17

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

The decrepit office had clearly seen better days. Looking around Carina noted that one of the swallow nests here appeared to have been... what was the term? Renovated? Yes, that sounds about right. It was larger and smoother than it had a right to be, anyway. Perhaps some goodies were inside?

She's distracted briefly from it by Erip & Robin's arrival. They had a third person with them, this one bronze-skinned & dark haired.

"Hey Robin. Erip." She nods at them before looking back at the empty swallow nest. Her tail *swishes* about.


HP: 75/81| AC: 30[32] FF: 27 Touch: 22 CMD: 30| Init: +4 (+8 Underground, +6 Urban) |Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +6| Action Points 8/9| Perception +18 (+24 Underground, +27 vs Traps)

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

-.-. Off to a fine start.

"Well then. Word certainly seems to have traveled around."


Genderfluid Dwarf Necromancer 1 | HP: Dead/6 | AC: 8/8/8 | Saves: +1 Fort, -2 Ref, +1 Will | Initiative: -1 | Perception: -1 | Action Points: 5/5 | Grave touch 7/7
Dungeon Kobold wrote:
You know who you choose to know, so no Bluff unless you want one.

Bluff would have been to convince him that we were in fact just out for the picnic!

"Indeed; I suppose some introductions and perhaps a refreshment on our purpose are in order." Erip steps aside to let the others look in the decrepit building. He nods to Tanith and says, "Hello" to Carina, then turns back to Robin. "Yeah, hah, we're not exactly going to sit out here and eat. Farrukh has been organizing this expedition for months!"

When everyone's come back outside or all gone inside, he introduces himself. "I'm Erip, a wizard of the Cairn Hills and the Mistmarsh. I already know some of you, but for the benefit of the rest, I think we should go around and give our names."

Also, if the swallow's nest doesn't turn up anything about the cairn's location, perhaps we'll want the more naturally inclined to search the surrounding area for trails or signs or the like?


Action Points: 11/11|Bombs: 20/20|Female Undine (Formerly Yugoloth-Spawn Tiefling) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 13|HP: 70/70 (89)|AC: 22(33)/14(19)/19(23)|Saves: +13 Fort (+19 vs. Poison), +16 Ref, +11 Will (+1 vs. Enchantments)|Initiative: +3|Perception: +17

Carina looks over at Erip, then to the rest of the assembled party.

"Me? I'm Carina. Mother and I came here a few weeks ago to offer aid to the miners here." She lowers her eyes. "Kinda ended up spending more money here than we made with our treatments. Zalamandra, the Emporium manager, has been offering me a job there for a while. As you can see, I don't want to take it, but she's been pressuring Mom to get me to sign on."

She looks up. "I'm skilled in the treatment of diseases and injuries, but I'm always trying to learn more." She says with pride. Her tail rises up.


Genderfluid Dwarf Necromancer 1 | HP: Dead/6 | AC: 8/8/8 | Saves: +1 Fort, -2 Ref, +1 Will | Initiative: -1 | Perception: -1 | Action Points: 5/5 | Grave touch 7/7

"Well, you've been doing a lot of good work. I thank you for that tea mix, by the way - it's done wonders for my throat." Erip bobs his head at the tiefling.

"Robin, was it? How good are you at finding tracks? After this we should start looking for the Cairn."

Does the road end at the office?


Male Human Hunter

Robin shrugs. "It's been a while since I needed to track, old chap. I'd imagine there'd be someone better suited than me - but, of course, I will do my duty."


Alhaster Map; Sinner's Sanctum CellarMap
Erip wrote:

"Well, you've been doing a lot of good work. I thank you for that tea mix, by the way - it's done wonders for my throat." Erip bobs his head at the tiefling.

"Robin, was it? How good are you at finding tracks? After this we should start looking for the Cairn."

Does the road end at the office?

No, you had to leave the road a while ago.


Alhaster Map; Sinner's Sanctum CellarMap

Assuming that Carina does mention the bird nest to the others, you can all read her spoiler. How do you intend to look inside?


Action Points: 11/11|Bombs: 20/20|Female Undine (Formerly Yugoloth-Spawn Tiefling) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 13|HP: 70/70 (89)|AC: 22(33)/14(19)/19(23)|Saves: +13 Fort (+19 vs. Poison), +16 Ref, +11 Will (+1 vs. Enchantments)|Initiative: +3|Perception: +17

Carina waves over Robin & Erip.

"Guys, check this out." She says, pointing to the swallow nest. She looks it over, peeking inside it.

"Doesn't this swallow nest look odd to you? It's bigger than normal..."


Male Suel Sacred Fist/Godling 13 | 131/131 hp, Init +0, AC 31 [touch 23, FF 24], Fort +14*, Ref +7, Will +15; Perception +7
Active Buffs:
Resources:
Blessing 8/8 | Fervor 8/8 | Smites 6/6 | Rage 13/13 | Ki 8/8 | Action Points 11/11

Tanith studies each of the assembled persons carefully. ”It’s quite the party we got goin’ here.”

”The name’s Tanith Creed. Some folks around here have taken to calling me the Kordson. I’m a miner by trade but I’m always looking for a thrill.”

”I can lend ya a hand looking for those tracks”, the huge brawler offers.

He chants a brief prayer. ”Mighty Kord, help us find the way toward whatever challenge awaits us!”

Guidance on whoever is doing the tracking.


Male Human Hunter

Robin walks over rather nonchalantly and stares at the nest. He frowns.

"Now that's odd." He turns his head to look at everyone. "Who's going to touch it first?"


Alhaster Map; Sinner's Sanctum CellarMap

At first, Carina doesn't see anything out of the ordinary--just four outraged chicks. Then she notices a small leather parcel lying right behind them.

When retrieved:

She gets pecked a few times, but the parcel just fits through the large nest opening.

The parcel is cracked and filthy. Opening it just breaks off a chunk of brittle leather.

Inside are a carefully folded piece of yellowed paper, an empty green teardrop-shaped vial marked in Draconic, and a small flask of oil.

Draconic:
The label on the vial reads, "Light Healing".


Action Points: 11/11|Bombs: 20/20|Female Undine (Formerly Yugoloth-Spawn Tiefling) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 13|HP: 70/70 (89)|AC: 22(33)/14(19)/19(23)|Saves: +13 Fort (+19 vs. Poison), +16 Ref, +11 Will (+1 vs. Enchantments)|Initiative: +3|Perception: +17

"Ow! Ow ow ow!" She says as she retrieves the parcel.

She opens it and dumps the contents into the palm of her hand. An empty teardrop-shaped vial with a note and a flask of oil.

"Tolsek..." She reads from the note. "'Light Healing?' Looks like we weren't the only ones to use this place..."

Draconic:
"Light Healing..."

She takes a closer look at the flask of oil.

Action: Using Craft (Alchemy) to determine what the oil is.
Craft (Alchemy): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
She's never seen something like this before, evidently.

Not a promising start...

And, if anyone's interested, I just used this website for translating to Draconic.


Alhaster Map; Sinner's Sanctum CellarMap

The paper is separate from the vial. The vial has a label, and the paper is a large sheet that's been folded very small. Sorry, I should have been more clear.

As far as Carina can tell, it's just ordinary lamp oil.

1 to 50 of 20,474 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / KC's Age of Worms IC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.