Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Ith's PFS pbp

Game Master ithuriel


1,551 to 1,600 of 3,069 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie continues to fire her positive energy at the zombie.

Ranged touch attack 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 4 = 14
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5

Grand Lodge

Fog> you were on 13 hps before that hit, leaving you on 4 after that hit, not negative 4. So I completely negate the hit leaving you back on 13 at the top of round 7.
Round by round details:

Spoiler:

On the last page in round one you channeled saying it brought you from 1 hp to 5.
Surprise round: Only Alie
Round 1: no zombie attacks Fog
Round 2: One zombie hits for for 9 damage
-Fog channels healing 4 and says it leaves him at 5 hps
Round 3: Magda heals 8. 13 hps.
Zombie hits Fog for 6. 7 hps.
Round 4: Magda heals 5. 12 hps
Zombie misses Fog on a 16.
Round 5: No heal.
Zombie hits for 5 (crit not confirmed). 7 hps.
Round 6: Magda heals 6. 13 hps.
Zombie hits for 9. 4 hps.
Round 7: Magda heals 9. 13 hps.

Sorry to be that guy but if it is the difference between a TPK and squeaking by, I'll obsess about the details. I was loosely tracking Fog's hps because I'm trying to keep him up, so -4 didn't strike me as possible.

Osirion

The main reason this has not been a TPK is that Wand of CLW ;-)

Fair enough. In that case, Fog is still up, but misses on his attack because he no longer has a flank, as Aldred is very definitely unconscious.

Waiting for Wadi's action.

Grand Lodge

Lol. Best prestige purchase in my PFS career yet. :)

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0
Luke_Parry wrote:
The main reason this has not been a TPK is that Wand of CLW ;-)

Not the main reason, DM. The ONLY reason, lol...

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Ither's, as you will have noticed across the many PBPs we are both in. My tracking of s&&# is appaling. I will not argue if you notice stuff I miss ;)

Cheliax

Wadi wonders if maybe he has already died and is in some form of purgatory...

AA Fog to hit 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 4 = 4

Osirion

Wadi again attempts to Aid Fog's attack against the zombie, stabbing at its ankles, but the zombie's tough hide means it does not even notice.

Alie, on the other hand, with preternatural accuracy throws another bolt of golden light, which slams directly into the zombie's right eyesocket, causing a small explosion which blows out the back of its skull!

The zombie staggers for a moment, before steadying itself, and taking another swing at Fog...

Zombie Vs Fog: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage.

...which the doughty Dwarven cleric easily side-steps.

Meanwhile, Aldred continues to breath shallowly on the ground, his face twisted into a rictus of pain...

Round 7: Magda, Wadi, Alie, Aldred, Zombies, Fog

Fog is up.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Power Attack Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 1 = 10 DMG: 1d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 3 = 7

"AARRGGGHHH!!!!"

Grand Lodge

Magda mutters a string of foreign curses under her breath and steps around Fog thrusting her glowing palm out at the last zombie standing.

5' step to V36
Healing touch hex vs zombie 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Osirion

Fog takes yet another swing at the zombie, but watches in horror as the sharp point of the pick whistles harmlessly past the zombie's shoulder...

...Magda, however, has better luck... stepping forward, she slams her hand down over where the zombie's heart should be, suffusing the entire walking corpse with a soft golden glow. There is a sizzling sound, and black smoke wafts up from the corpse, which tumbles to the ground, inanimate once more.

Combat over!

Consul Hustavan, apparently having retrieved a comb from somewhere, and straightened his previously wildly flying hair, strides confidently into the room (although he wisely stays behind the bulwark of Wadi, Magda, and Fog).

"Well done! I knew you had it in you to defeat this lot! Why, you might even be good enough to join the Imperial army, with a little extra training..."

Cheliax

Wadi rises to his feet unsteadily, feeling like the zombies had used him for a punching bag (which considering all things, he had been.) When the pompous Taldan noble offer his 'congratulations', he resists the urge to send a fiery bolt between the noble's eyes and instead nods in response, "Gee, I appreciate the sentiment."

Status: AC 15 (Mage Armor, duration 1 hour); Currently 3/16 hp

Grand Lodge

Magda stands over the corpse breathing heavily, "Back to bar! If dead is rising, we must regroup! Heal up! Come!" She stops briefly to revive Aldred then strides past Hustavan ignoring him.

Magda leads the way back into the bar where the other survivors huddle and addresses them shouting, "You! You! Get the dead outside! Something is.. happening, Dead are rising as zombies! Clear them out, NOW!"

I guess with Alie still standing inside the door they haven't blocked it yet.
I'll heal everyone up when I get home this evening and have a chance to see how bad we are.
CLW for Aldred 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

Taking longer to get out the door than expected. I'll total the remaining charges later today. Should be high 20 something.

Aldred 15/-2 +6 = 4
Wadi 16/3
Fog 18/13
Alie uninjured?

CLW
Aldred 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (7, 7) + 2 = 16
Wadi 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (5, 8) + 2 = 15
Fog 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

I think I am uninjured as of right now...

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Cool, that's Fog back to full then.

Once everyone is regrouped, fog looks at the others. "My pick isn't doing much against these undead, and my magics are quite depleted. I can channel the light of my goddess to injure the undead, but it will work best against a group, and will leave us dependant on Magda's wand."

Grand Lodge

Quick resource check-
Fog- how many fire bolts do you have left? Channels?
Wadi- how many fiery rays do you have left?
Alie- Where there are rising undead there is usually a head cleric. You have plenty of sleep spells left, right? Also someone living will be daze-bait. You might be able to shut them down either way.
Aldred- I've been saving his grease spell.
Magda- Planning to enlarge Fog for the final fight and cast shield on herself. If I have the opportunity I'll debuff the final encounter on saves and AC with evil eye. Undead are immune of course.

One of our other casters should ID that potion now.

Sek- I typically run with the idea that a caster can automatically see through their own silent image (no need for a save because they created it). Do you do the same? It can allow a caster to use silent image as a visual screen blocking line of sight until it is disbelieved. It will block allies line of sight in the same way, so it is more useful if you are hanging back. Anyway- another possible option for Alie since those are her two spells.

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Conssumables used (i.e. I haven't used any crossbow bolts, but don't have the crossbow with me...)

CrossBow Bolts: 0:20
Firebolt slots 3:7
Channel Energy 3:5

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Spellcraft on the potion 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Cheliax

Elemental Ray 5/6 used, 1 left.
1st level spells 5/day, 4 cast, 1 left.
Fires of Hell, used.
Wadi is close to being completely tapped out. I foresee lots of AA actions in the future...

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alies got plenty of spells left. And s he's uninjured, so she is good to go against whatever.

Osirion

The weary survivors in the bar react with abject terror when Magda tells them that the dead are rising. They hastily begin to empty the bar of corpses, but even with a constant relay, it takes a while, even with the Consul 'helping' by trying to direct proceedings... there are a *lot* of bodies in the bar...

Magda takes time to heal-up everyone, making sure that everyone is fully healed; Alie spends some time investigating the magical aura of the potion that was recovered from the red-headed female, eventually identifying it as a potion of Cure Light Wounds.

The party then takes stock of what resources they have left to them... Wadi feels quit tapped-out, Fog has used most of his healing, and Magda's healing wand has taken a great deal of punishment... Still, you have all survived thus far; if you you could find the mastermind of this whole event...

...Your reverie is interrupted by a rather pale-faced noble, who looks thoroughly spooked.

"I-I swear that some of the bodies in the central auditorium are twitching! Whatever you are planning to do, you should do it soon!"

The Consul frowns, and then in a commanding tone, says:

"Pull the tables together, and use them to barricade the door! With any luck, it should keep them out long enough for my bodyguards to deal with the source of this threat..."

He then turns to the party.

"I am not 100% certain, of course, but I am fairly confident that any route down into the cellars would be backstage... and as luck would have it, if we take a short cut through the Imperial Entrance, the other side door should take us straight backstage, without having to pass through the main auditorium."

Cheliax

Wadi sighs, "Yeah, we were headed there when those zombies ambushed us. The way should be clear now though so we should get moving."

L_P, is there any materials to make a sling and also find some stones for it? According to the PRD You can hurl ordinary stones with a sling, but stones are not as dense or as round as bullets. Thus, such an attack deals damage as if the weapon were designed for a creature one size category smaller than you (1d3) and you take a –1 penalty on attack rolls.

Grand Lodge

Curtain and shot glasses!

Cheliax

LOL! And they do splash damage (on breakage) as well! Those zombies don't stand a chance :)

Grand Lodge

"It is okay. Wand is very effective. I think is more important we stop any more of these walking dead quickly. The pick- is slow. Fire is good. Alie, Fog and I can slowly unravel the magic animating dead. Any more walkers try to stop us, we must focus and burn them fast."

"When you all ready, we go. Move fast and get backstage. No fighting unless we have to until then. Otherwise, all of auditorium sees us and the walkers will come for us."

Place ward on Fog again.

Maybe a bar towel would make a better sling. We also might be able to scavenge some lamp oil here in the bar if you want to ignite anything or make a DIY torch from a chair leg.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Lol, I love the idea of throwing shot glasses!

Alie follows behind the group as they head toward the backstage area.

Osirion

@Wadi: Inside Oppara's premiere theatre, there are not any convenient piles of stones, but I am happy to rule that you are able to produce a makeshift sling, and use shot glasses as 'bullets': -1 to hit, 50% 1d2 bludgeoning or 1d2 slashing damage per hit.

Wadi scavenges for an appropriate length of silk, and some shot glasses, to produce a make-shift sling...

Unbroken shot-glasses: 5d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 3, 2) = 12.

@Magda: All of these rooms have been lit by candelabras, and massive, gilded chandeliers, so lamp oil will be difficult to come by. However, if you want some bottles of highly-flammable spirits to produce molotov cocktails, I am happy to say that there are a few unbroken bottles that could fit the bill... acting like 'lamp oil'.

Magda rummages around behind the bar, eventually emerging with several bottles of fine Dwarven brandy.

Brandy bottles: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog looks at Magda, then the bottles of brandy, then back at Magda, shakes his head. "We can't burn good brandy!"

Osirion

Tip-toeing carefully through the violet-carpeted, Imperial entrance corridor, the party quietly opens an unobtrusive side door, leading off into the backstage area.

Fortunately, it is blessedly free of both corpses, and the walking dead; the floor is merely painted black, and the walls are covered by a plethora of painted handbills and posters of previous operas performed here. Dozens of costume racks and painted backdrops are set up here to be wheeled out on stage for the proper scenes.

After a bit of surreptitious digging through the myriad set pieces, the party manages to find a set of stairs, going down into the depths of the theatre...

..........................................................................

...the stairs (good, solid stonework), spiral downwards about 20', before opening-up into a large room, lit by a series of oil lamps, which is approximately 50' square, although it is difficult to tell, precisely; the room is filled to bursting with long-forgotten and decaying set-pieces, mouldy old costumes, and other discarded equipment.

More recently, however, it appears that this room has played host to a mining operation of some kind - operatic debris has been carefully stacked away from one wall, revealing a tunnel that has been chiselled into the living rock, gradually curving out of view.

The most chilling aspect of the room, however, is the sickly green glow which oozes from the tunnel mouth, refracting through the slimy water covering the tunnel floor to create a wildly shimmering grotto of light, which both beckons, and repulses, the viewer.

Knowledge(Dungeoneering) DC 10:
The tunnel floor is *very* slippery...

Equivalent to a Grease spell.

Feel free to look at 'Sheet 2'.

Cheliax

Knowledge, Dungeoneering (untrained) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Wadi grimaces in disgust looking at the tunnel floor. "Careful here, this is quite slippery."

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Knowledge Dunegoneering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Grand Lodge

"Nephelus, we need your eyes. Can you scout for us? We need to know how many people are in there."

Kn Dungeoneering (untrained) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Perception 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Nephelus Climb Take 10 for 20 total, if possible cling to the wall avoiding the slick floor, climb speed 15
He can't speak, but I figured I might ask him to squeak or scratch once for each person he saw.

Grand Lodge

Once he returns, cast enlarge person on Fog, Shield on herself and I think we are ready to move in.

Osirion

Magda releases her familiar, the rat scurrying in to corridor...

...After a few tense minutes, as the light steadily grows imperceptibly brighter, Nephelus returns, looking like, well, a drowned rat :-/

He nuzzles up against Magda, and squeeks softly three times.

Let me know if there are any other preparations that you would like to make.

Also, now would be a good time to identify where everyone is - pick starting squares in the initial room (columns E - P).

Grand Lodge

"Thank you master Nephelus."

"Three is not so bad. We are lucky. Now- we draw them out, smoke them out, or go in? Tunnel looks difficult. I wouldn't want to fight standing on slime."

Maga @ N9
Aldred @ P10
This is where the armor sucks. Fog has a -7 ACP from the splint mail and 0 dex mod. It looks like it takes about 50' to fully clear the slick tunnels. He needs 5 rounds of successfully rolling 17 or higher to clear the tunnel. If I enlarge him he takes another -1 penalty on the acrobatics check and needs 18's to move.
I think we are going to have to try to draw them to us.

Wait- another idea. This room is filled with old set pieces and costumes and junk. We could lay down a bridge of sorts to walk over the slime. Either wooden backdrops if we can find some that would fit, or armfuls of costumes one after another.

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Either way, they *will* know we are coming. Anyone good at bluffing "Arrggh, I'm dying, mustn't drop this incredibly valuable and useful artifact" :)

Osirion

Sure, you can lay down set pieces to provide a 'bridge' - but Nevynxxx is right; they will know that you are coming :-)

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie will be at M 10.

"I could always try to make a little illusion and lead it down the tunnel. That might draw whatever it is waiting on us out. Of course, I'm not sure what to make the figment appear as."

Alie can cast Silent Image, if anyone has any preference on what to create.

Cheliax

Wadi will be at M9.

Wadi shrugs, "I think it won't matter too much what figment we decide on. Guess we could pick a giant rat....that would get their attention I think."

LP, where exactly is the tunnel mouth? The green squares on the map?

Osirion

The room on the left is the storage room. The bit in the middle with the black blob in the centre is the bifurcated tunnel. The room on the right is where you are going. The green thing is, well... you will find out :-P

I apologise for the unclear drawing; unlike the theatre, which it was possible to reproduce accurately, the tunnel does not confine itself to convenient 5' square boxes :-/

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Everyone else okay with Alie trying to illusion a giant rat, slowly moving down the tunnel, turning around about 2/3 of the way down, then coming back toward us? Hopefully that might lure whatever is in there out to the good guys?

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

aye

Grand Lodge

Alie- Aldred should work with you to provide the ghost sound so that you get audio and visual.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Sounds like a plan.

After devising a plan, and getting Aldred's help, Alie casts her illusion, with the bard making noises to add to the subterfuge.

Osirion

Just to be clear, you need to maintain line of sight to your illusion, so whatever is in the next room will probably notice Alie as well as the rat...

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Thats fine, DM. I'm still a bit fuzzy about the tunnel squares, but that makes sense. Hopefully they are unintelligent, and she can run!

Osirion

So, just so that I am clear: Are you placing down set pieces to avoid the slippery terrain, and if so, how far down the tunnel will the boards extend?

I want to make sure that we have everything sorted out properly before... something happens ;-)

Osirion

Regarding the tunnel:

There is a single entrance from the storage room, and the tunnel immediately bifurcates, going around a large chunk of rock (the 'black' squares), before the two tunnels rejoin, just prior to opening out into the room with the green squares.

From an engineering/efficiency perspective, I agree, it does not make sense, but that is what the map is...

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

I don't see any reason to try to cover up the grease, since hopefully they will come to us. If the illusion doesn't work, we can try that strategy then, but for now, I vote to not worry about it.

1,551 to 1,600 of 3,069 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's PFS pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.