Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Hu5tru Runs Jade Regent

Game Master Hu5tru

Inspired by visions of John Carpenter's the Thing, Akira Kurosawa's Dreams and his masterpiece Ran. And maybe a little of Throne of Blood and some good ol' fashioned Toshiro Mifune neck scratchin'. Now with Ninjas and Vikings and Bears, oh my!


451 to 500 of 871 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger 2 (Guide)

Broderus pauses as his battering attempt goes awry, and he hears Joyabraund's warning.

"If they're expecting us, maybe we should look for another way inside. I always prefer the stealthy approach rather than rushing in foolishly. How about I scout around the back? Anyone else with me?"


{HP36/36 | AC16 T10 FF16 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/4/7 | Inish +0, Per +0}

"A sound idea. See if you can find another way in. I'll stay on this side and continue to 'bash' the door down. If you find another way in, call out and I'll finish this door off, allowing us to outmaneauver them."


Female Human Housewife/1

Never thought I would have to use one of these in my games, but... Joyabraund inspires.

See if your wise priest with the protection and strategy domains has anything to say. But is safe to assume that your foes are no going to be holding actions.


Male Human (Tian-Min) Alchemist 2

How quickly a battle swims in every direction. We speak our minds and act in unison, and yet...the chaos...

Seiji nods at Broderus. Keeping his steps as light as possible, he follows the ranger.

Stealth - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 2

Valcrim muses "I reckon we go together. Nae easy ta protect someone who be on tha other side o tha compound."

He readies his shield and hefts his hammer and joins the others at the gate, taking a position in front.

How are everyone for HP? Valcrim will use another channel if two or more are hurt, for 1d6 ⇒ 3.


Male Human Ranger 2 (Guide)

Broderus tips his head to Treygan and says, "Good; Seiji and I will come around to the rear and look for another way in. To maintain our surprise, I will make this call when we are ready to enter."

He purses his lips and squawks, "Ha, ha, ha, ha."

"This is the sound of the Kaava Gull, a bird native to my homeland."

He then turns to Seiji, "Together again my friend. May Erastil let our hearts be stout, but our steps as light as the morning field mouse."

Stealth - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

We travel around the hut ending up at point O-19 .


Male Halfling Bard 2

Hmm I have a dwarf saying "stay together" and two humans who are running off to the other side of the compound...what to do?

I'm right behind you Father Flinthammer!


Male Human (Tian-Min) Alchemist 2

Seiji is still down one HP before Valcrim's second channel.


{HP36/36 | AC16 T10 FF16 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/4/7 | Inish +0, Per +0}

Treygan is down 4, so he'd appreciate it.


Male Halfling Bard 2

I'm at full so I have no valid opinion


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 2

Then I heal. Better to be closer to full than drop in combat and lose actions. Out of channels, still got cure light spells.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Housewife/1

Really glad that I did not get too descriptive with breaking the door down, now. Apologies for the "god mode" cinematics, but in reality probably calling for a strength check to break the doors down would have taken longer...

Yamamoto Seiji:

For the sake of brevity, I am rolling your stealth check to approach the rear of the hut with Broderus

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

At the door

As Treygan beats at the doors to the hut, it is quite clear that goblins make very poor homeowners. In fact, you might wonder how these bloodthirsty little cretins came by this compound at all, as even in the midst of an assault they are so inclined to attack each other. That, however, is neither here nor there.

The entire hut structure seems to tremble and quake as the heroic paladin beats upon the doors, and it is not difficult to notice that they are held in place with a rather large... stick, or a bone, some manner of vaguely cylindrical object bound in leather which rattles loosely against the doors. His eyes as sharp as ever, Father Flinthammer notices this while Treygan pushes, and being tactically inclined instructs Treygan to push with slightly less intensity, and use his sword to knock the bar out of the way, so that the good Father can open only one of the doors and stand in it with his shield and hammer at the ready.

Inside, the party finds a rather stout and squat goblin standing behind a "throne" composed of bones, scraps of filthy cloth and various grisly trophies with his bow equipped, an arrow notched and ready to fire upon the breeching team. Slightly to the side the two bungling dufuses snicker, one of whom is holding a brightly colored tube in two hands while the other is holding a piece of what appears to be kindling near the alien device.

Meanwhile

GM Screen:

goblin perception 1d20 - 1 - 5 ⇒ (11) - 1 - 5 = 5
gutwad perception 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 5 = 14

The Sneaks

As the bulk of the group cheer on Treygan's attempt to break down the doors, the pair of you feel quite confident in your ability to surprise your enemies as the entire structure is groaning and popping under the assault, creating quite a racket. It is not difficult to find the rope ladder leading up to the secret entrance through a trap door conveniently, or far more likely ignorantly left gaping open. Through the portal you are able to see one rather scuffed goblin with its back to you holding a length of kindling set ablaze, but he does not see you.

Initiative

The Heroes

Broderus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Valcrim Flinthammer 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Treygan Gorski 1d20 ⇒ 17
Joyabraund Northropple 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Yamamoto Seiji 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The Goblins

Chief Gutwad 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Minion 01 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Minion 02 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Round One, Chief Combat

As Valcrim opens the door, Chief Gutwad takes a shot at the heavily armored cleric. His aim strikes true, and for the first time since you arrived at the compound, your affable dwarven defender takes damage!

Chief Gutwad Longbow vs. Valcrim Flinthammer AC 22 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 if he hits, he will deal 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage.

Both Broderus and Father Flinthammer notice that the furthest goblin from Gutwad bends, intending to touch his flame to something...

Map

Since the goblin with fire counts as surprised, Broderus's actions go before his, hence why I did not post them.


Male Human (Tian-Min) Alchemist 2

I'll be waiting to see what Broderus does before I decide any of Seiji's actions.


Male Human Ranger 2 (Guide)

Seeing the goblin holding the burning kindling, Broderus' vision goes black for a split second. He sees the burnt out caravan; its memory quickly replaced by visions of Treygan, Valcrim, and Joyabraund, their corpses blackened and scorched.

"NO!" he mouths to himself as he quickly ascends up the ladder.
At the final moment as he climbs through the portal, he mouths, "Ha, ha, ha, ha," alerting his companions to his presence.

I use double movement during the surprise round to climb up the rope ladder and enter the room through the open trapdoor. Since my BAB is +1 or higher, I also draw my weapons during the second move.

During my next round, I attack the goblin at the rear with a full attack.

Attack (Longsword) - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
If successful, damage - 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Attack (Mace) - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
If successful, damage - 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human (Tian-Min) Alchemist 2

I think you get only a single move or standard action during a surprise round. You should still be able to close to melee with a single move, however.

Seiji pulls a foul smelling concoction from his belt and pushes open the stopper with his thumb. He quaffs it without hesitation. Seiji has used his mutagen. He gains a +4 alchemical bonus to Dexterity, a +2 natural armor bonus, and a -2 penalty to Wisdom for 10 minutes. He then uses a 5-foot step to get to O18.


{HP36/36 | AC16 T10 FF16 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/4/7 | Inish +0, Per +0}

Round1

Stats:

HP 11/12
AC18 T10 FF16
F/R/W 4/0/2
Effects:
None

Treygan charges forward, "In the name of the Dawnflower!"

Dice & Actions:

Charge to Q15, attack Q16. I assume the spell effects have all expired by now? If not, I'll readjust.
Attack w/ PA: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Halfling Bard 2

Joyabraund skillfully extracts a small waxy blob of hardened butter from his skill pouch, waves his left had over his head, brings his hand in front of him pointing to the chief and then claps his hands together while uttering arcane words. The butter disappears and a greasy film forms on Gutwad's bow. Grease on the bow. Ref save DC 14 or drop. Wash rinse repeat every round he attempts to use the bow for the next minute.


Female Human Housewife/1

Round One...

Chief Gutwad, finding not one, but two heavily armored assailants at his door shrieks with rage. One of them is a hu-mans, and he has the greatest hatred for hoo-maaans! the arrow strikes Treygan in the shoulder, and is buried deeply there.

Chief Gutwad Longbow vs. Treygan Gorski 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 if he hits, he will deal 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage.

The minion with the kindling, oblivious to Broderus's approach, touches the flame to the fuse. A faint sizzling sound is heard, and Broderus is fairly dazzled, or perhaps infuriated as several sparks of shimmering color drop from the area as the fuse burns.

A faint illusion of several small, brightly dressed halflings appears before Gutwad, dancing, sneering, and some even pulling down their pants and showing him the moon as they attempt to spread Grease on his bow string. The chief's nostrils flare with anger, as he is now not only covered in disgusting goo, but has been treated to a halfling's idea of humor, but he holds on to his bow.

Gutwad Ref Save vs. DC 14 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Now, unfortunately for Treygan, the area of effect for grease is 10'square, which means that there is now grease in front of chief gutwad, which will require you to roll a reflex save to enter these squares and negate your charge. Joyabraund has a better initiative modifier than you...


Female Human Housewife/1

Ooops, post with brain plix GM. Grease on OBJECT! derp...

Round One, Continued

Treygan, arrow stuck in his shoulder, rushes forward and attacks the chieftan. His swing is mighty, but he overcompensates for the injury and not enough for the chief's lack of height, and he strikes nothing.

The goblin minon holding the multicolored tube aims it at Father Flinthammer as the first of the projectiles squeezes out of the front end. The projectile lands in Father Flinthammer's face, its spark searing at his beard. The heat sears his darkvision, and very nearly blinds him, but with his allies in danger, he keeps his wits about him.

Minion 01 ranged touch attack w/non-proficiency vs. Valcrim Flinthammer AC 11 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 = 19 if it hits, he will deal 1 point non-lethal and 1 point fire damage.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 2

Valcrim barely even flinches "Bah! How many times ye think I've had me beard set on fire, workin' at me forge?!" he mocks the goblin, casts his second Bless spell, and barrels into melee (move to Q-15), ready to strike at anything foolish enough to try using ranged attacks within the reach of his goblin-smiting hammer.


Female Human Housewife/1

Round One, Summary

The remaining goblins band together to make a last, desperate stand against the invaders. Chief Gutwad's readied action penetrates Father Flinthammer's defenses, finally, and he squeezes off another round against his mortal enemy in the guise of Treygan Gorski for a quite a bit of damage, and is immediately set upon by the party of goblin slayers. Meanwhile, Broderus and Seiji are approaching the failed interlopers, cutting off any possible avenue of escape for these vile creatures...

Round Two

Chief Gutwad, faced with two large, heavily armored goblin slayers with a greasy bow equipped drops the ranged weapon as a free action, then as a move attempts to tumble between them to continue to hack at them with his spear, apparently unwilling to give up his command to the intruders.

Chief Gutwad untrained Acrobatics vs. Treygan Gorski CMD 13 and Valcrim Flinthammer CMD 13+2= 15 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Gutwad fails his Acrobatics to tumble through squares and now faces AoO from both Treygan and Valcrim.

GM Screen:

Broderus stealth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
vs. Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Broderus manages to sneak up on the goblin still holding the flaming kindling, and because of Father Flinthammer's blessing, cleaves and then staves in his skull for a gorey effect, eliminating the wretch from combat and his mortal coil with his full attack.

Map.

This should not take too much longer, I should hope. Apologies for my delays due to crap health issue making me a zombie.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 2

AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24, confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12, damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


{HP36/36 | AC16 T10 FF16 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/4/7 | Inish +0, Per +0}

Sorry, missed that I needed to roll an AoO. Also hope you are feeling better.

Dice for AoO:

AoO still w/ PA: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Human Ranger 2 (Guide)

Broderus' actions for Round 2 or 3 (not sure where I'm at exactly - see my earlier question in discussion)

Seeing Treygan take yet another blow, Broderus shakes his head gravely and moves to help his injured friend. He grips his longsword tightly, hoping to beat back the paladin's attackers.

Move to O-16 and engage goblin at P-16

Attack (Longsword) - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
If successful, damage - 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human (Tian-Min) Alchemist 2

I'm sorry, I've been confused about whether or not I had acted in this round. I have not, it seems like.

Unable to follow or provide support to Broderus, Seiji moves quickly back to the front of the hut, stomping through the mud and ducking underneath the raised walkway. Upon seeing that a foe has emerged from the structure, he raises his crossbow and fires.

Seiji moves to N12 and attacks the goblin in P13:
Attack (Crossbow) - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
If it hits, it deals 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 points of damage.


Female Human Housewife/1

Sorry about the absence, recovery is a bit slower than anticipated

Round 2, Continued

Gutwad's attempt to weasel through Treygan and Father Flinthammer are met by the furious dwarf's hammer of justice, which lands and knocks him back into his square.

On his turn, Broderus steps into the throne room, and finds Gutwad opposed by his mates. The blow he intends for the remaining member of Gutwad's retinue lands, but it is not quite skilled enough to drop the foul creature in a single hit. The creature hisses in pain, and his eyes appear stricken.

Technically the only one who has acted in this round is Broderus, who just ran up and knocked the pain of death into another goblin... Yamamoto Seiji is free to use movement to crawl up the same hole as Broderus, or to move out to cover the front of the hut.


Male Halfling Bard 2

Buff buff buff buff it up!

On the eve of the new fallen snow in the North, the marshal captain rode out amongst his men...

Inspire Courage!


{HP36/36 | AC16 T10 FF16 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/4/7 | Inish +0, Per +0}

Round 2

Stats:

HP 5/12
AC18 T10 FF16
F/R/W 4/0/2
Effects:
Inspire Courage

"How about a little payback for that arrow?"

Dice & Actions:

Standard Attack w/PA against Chief
Attack w/ PA: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Female Human Housewife/1

Round 2, Continued

As Joyabraund's inspiration filters through Treygan's ear, the power of the Dawnflower to banish evil enemies is made evident when his scimitar cleaves through Gutwad's armor, severing several tendons in his arm and causing him to lose his grip on his bow. The Goblin chief screeches, and his eyes fill with hatred for the warrior of the divine!


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 2

Valcrim takes a step back and lets go of his hammer, draws a rather hefty obsidian wand from his belt and pokes Treygan and calls out "Haelbred!", which causes the wand to bleed positive energy that starts binding torn tissue and soothe pain.

Cure Light for:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Human Housewife/1

If Yamamoto Seiji wants to revise his earlier movement based on Gutwad not moving, I can do that and post a summary and get movin' to round 3!


Male Human (Tian-Min) Alchemist 2

Yeah, that's fine. I'll move to the same spot and ready an action to fire if a goblin comes through the doorway. It just doesn't make sense for him to rush into such a tight space to use his ranged weapon.


Female Human Housewife/1

Round 2 Summary

Chief Gutwad, sensing certain annhilation, attempts to sneak past the Paladin Treygan Gorski and Goblinbane Father Flinthammer, only to be rebuffed by the former's hammer and drilled into place. Broderus appears from the back room and strikes at the remaining attendant, dealing quite a bit of damage, but does not kill the creature outright. Joyabraund's song finds some synthesis with Sarenrae's calling in Treygan's blood and allows him to land a solid blow against the goblin chief, breaking bone and severing tendons, but evil still stands! Yamamoto Seiji moves to support Joyabraund Northropple as the martial members of his party appear to be set to work in tandem to end the goblin threat for once and all...

Round 3

Gutwad, having suffered grievous injury, drops his bow as a free action, and draws his spear. His hatred for Treygan is clear now. He shrieks insults against humans and light as he stabs at the hero!

Gutwad Spear attack vs. Treygan Gorski 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 if he hits, he will deal 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage.

Current Map

Baddy health update!:

The remaining normal goblin is looking really bad, and given that he has no weapon in his hands at the moment...

Goblin Chief Gutwad, however, has only received one fairly devastating blow, and his mighty rage for Treygan seems inexhaustible at this point!


Male Halfling Bard 2

I just gonna hang out and talk it up.


{HP36/36 | AC16 T10 FF16 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/4/7 | Inish +0, Per +0}

Round 3

Stats:

HP 6/12
AC18 T10 FF16
F/R/W 4/0/2
Effects:
Inspire Courage

Refreshed from Valcrim's healing only to have another wound given by the goblin chief, Treygan raises his scimitar and strikes at the chieftan. "Thanks for the boost, Valcrim!"

Dice & Actions:

Standard to attack w/ PA
Attack w/ PA: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Male Human Ranger 2 (Guide)

Seeing the end in sight, Broderus converges on his opponnent and unleashes both of his attacks.

"Valcrim, Treygan! I got this one!"

Effects: Inspire Courage (+1 to attack and damage rolls)

Attack (Longsword) - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
If successful, damage - 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Attack (Mace) - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
If successful, damage - 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Human Housewife/1

Round 3, Continued

Broderus shouts out to his mates, and with his full attack proves himself an able destroyer of goblin-kin as well. His longsword cleaves through flesh and bone and the goblin drops, leaving nothing for his mace to rend. Blood bubbles from the goblin's mouth and its eyes seem fixated on a point not in the room. Joyabraund's inspiration continues to filter to his allies from his secure position outside the hut, for the moment safe with Yamamoto Seiji's ready with his crossbow to thwart any attack. Treygan Gorski's mighty swing appears for a moment as though it will penetrate the goblin Chief's defenses, and does with Torag's blessing. Gutwad snarls and continues to spit obscinities, but it is clearly an effort now, as blood pours out of multiple wounds. Heat washes over the three melee combatants, whether for Sarenrae's guidance or exhaustion is for the individuals to decide...

Oiy, wow, good thing I double checked on your PA Treygan!


{HP36/36 | AC16 T10 FF16 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/4/7 | Inish +0, Per +0}
Hu5tru wrote:
Oiy, wow, good thing I double checked on your PA Treygan!

Not sure what you're referring to?


Female Human Housewife/1

PA + Inspire Courage + Bless = attack mod 5


{HP36/36 | AC16 T10 FF16 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/4/7 | Inish +0, Per +0}

Didn't realize Bless was still in effect.


Female Human Housewife/1

Father Flinthammer moved and cast it in the first round.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 2

On his turn, Valcrim steps back in line and swoops the hammer back with his cord, using the momentum to carry into his blow.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human (Tian-Min) Alchemist 2

Seiji attempts to take a running, vertical leap up onto the walkway.

Acrobatics - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

If successful, he moves to p13 and tries to hit the goblin chief.

Attack - 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 4 = 6
If it hits, it deals 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 points of damage.


Female Human Housewife/1

Round 3 Summary

Father Flinthammer and Treygan Gorski check Gutwad's escape from justice and deliver him a solid blow to knock him back. Broderus steps into the throne room and eliminates the last of Gutwad's retinue, grinding him to paste with a full attack with his dual wielding style. Joyabruand Northropple continues to support his party from the sidelines, lending Treygan much needed support as he hits Gutwad again for a good deal of damage. Yamamoto Seiji leaps onto the walkway and fires a bolt at the villain, but it lodges in the hut above his head, harmless. Finally, Father Flinthammer, Goblin Bane lands a mighty blow with his hammer, forcing the former chief Gutwad to strain and lock his knee to remain aloft. His eyes still burn hatred, but it is clear that he is on his last few breaths as he begins to cough blood.

Shall this be the exciting conclusion to your epic struggle with the goblin horde threatening the progress of your beloved Sandpoint???

Round 4

Former Chief Gutwad is no longer standing, but almost swaying on ceremony. Having successfully hit Treygan twice, he continues to harp upon the same chord of hatred as he strikes out with his spear once again!

Gutwad Spear w/ FA human vs. Treygan Gorski AC 18 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 if he hits, he will deal 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage.

Gutwad howls with pleasure as his blow lands, sinking into Treygan's divinely inspired flesh!

Man, that was tense. I was hoping that Yamamoto Seiji would end it for ya, but it appears ya bruisers are gonna have the opportunity, after all.

Map.


Male Human Ranger 2 (Guide)

Hoping to start a rallying cry, Broderus yells out, "For Sandpoint!!" before turning on the mighty goblin chief.

Effects: Inspire Courage (+1 to attack and damage rolls)

Attack (Longsword) - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
If successful, damage - 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Attack (Mace) - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
If successful, damage - 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Halfling Bard 2

Joyabraund continues to offer strong words of encouragement. Out of gas after this round. Luckily I have lingering performance but lets just button this up huh? :-)


Male Human (Tian-Min) Alchemist 2

I totally forgot inspire courage on my last attack. Amended this round!

Seiji loads another bolt into his crossbow and looses it at the goblin leader. Staying in P13.

Attack (Crossbow) - 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 3 = 9
If it hits, it deals 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 points of damage.


{HP36/36 | AC16 T10 FF16 CMD17 | F/R/W 9/4/7 | Inish +0, Per +0}

Round 4

Stats:

HP 1/12
AC18 T10 FF16
F/R/W 4/0/2
Effects:
Inspire Courage
Bless

Treygan moves to flank with Broderus, raises his scimitar high and brings it down upon the goblin chieftan. "Let's end this!"

Dice & Actions:

Shift to Q16, Standard to strike with PA.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Well, I thought the set up was pretty cool. Stupid low rolls.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 2

Valcrim grins as the trio trap the goblin between themselves and the wall, starting to "sing" a dwarven battlehymn as a free action, before swinging his hammer with all the ancestral hatred he can muster.

Perform Sing: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 (Str+2, Hate+1, Inspire+1, bless+1)
If hit: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Edit: Oh god. That song, it kills. I got the bard capstone ability, on level 1 :P

Also, I saw I could not step into flank, so subtracted 2 from roll.


Female Human Housewife/1

Round 4 - Combat Fin

Broderus steps further into the room, cutting off Gutwad's attempt to retreat, and despite missing with both attacks, creates an opportunity for Treygan Gorski to get the upper hand on the former chief. Outside, Joyabraund's narrative begins to falter, so far from the action is he that he is beginning to rely on imagination, and his stomach is oh so empty. Treygan Gorski, perhaps a little overheated channeling his lady's divine wrath, finds that he has difficulty striking the goblin king, but he ambles back in time to avoid yet another one of Yamamoto Seiji's crossbow bolts sinking into the hut. Finally, summoning the power of the surliest of his Dwarven gods, Father Flinthammer, Goblinbane, swings his mighty hammer and crushes Gutwad's skull. The sound is sickening, and the creature slumps forward with a decidedly final *smack* and various fluids begin to run from him before his very throne.

As you come down from the heat of battle, you find yourselves coming into several details of the throne room. Hung on the mildewed and slightly rotten walls of the hut are several trophies of dog pelts poked through several times with holes, before and after death. More lay about in front of his throne, stiff with filth you would much rather not think too long upon. It is likely that none of you wish to come in contact with anything in this room directly, and this includes the corpses of the goblins. Save for your "duty" to collect their ears and Gutwad's head as evidence for the bounty. How any would distinguish Gutwad's head, however...

Aside from the secret exit that Broderus stormed, there is a crude door on the left face of the throne room. In this room, there is a pile of furs and the bodies to explore. Without the hut, there is an entire compound to explore. What is the deal with those burned areas, and the broken doors on the huts?

Essentially, let me know what your characters would do, coz I don't wanna "choo choo" railroad you into "hey, you find this stuff! RIGHT HERE!"

Map for reference

451 to 500 of 871 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hu5tru's Jade Regent - The Brinewall Legacy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.