Hmm's Gallows of Madness : Foul Breed (Inactive)

Game Master Hmm

Part of PBP Gameday VI!
Gallows of Madness Maps & Handouts


401 to 450 of 466 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Alas, the centipede survives this round!

Bite Bite Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Then it misses! No one has any idea whom the confused centipede was aiming at!

With you all surrounding it, I am certain that it’s days are numbered. Anyone want to put it out of all our misery?

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

ROUND 2 / 3
Active Conditions: None

Zakhar
Kragak

================================

Giant Purple Centipede (-2)
Pulsating Egg

================================

Wetbeard
Oaksprout
Castiel
Princess
Prince
Braggett

BOLD IS UP!

Grand Lodge

Female Phantom | Ectoplasmic Manifestation | 16/16 HP - DR5/slash | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +3 CMD 15 FF CMD 14 | F +4 | R +1 | W +3 | Special effects:

Slam 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Slam 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Flanking with the cute gnome, Princess winks at Lord Braggett... before slamming the centipede.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

SQUISH!

While flirting with Lord Braggett, Princess rolls over the centipede in her path.

-- COMBAT OVER! --

Any preparations before going into the next room?

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: 32/32 | AC: 19/13/16 | CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2; +4 vs. fear and emotion effects | Speed: 50' (35' when mounted) | Perception: +1; +2 when carrying Braggett, Low-light vision, Scent | Init: +3
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20/12/19 22/12/21 | CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5; +2 vs. illusions/fear/despair | Spd: 20' | Per: +10; +2 when riding Kibble, Low-light vision | Init :+1 | Challenge: 2/2 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 33/50 | Conditions:

Lord Braggett doesn't know quite what to do with himself, startled as he is by the Princess, and lost for words for perhaps the first time ever. "Um... Did you just... Did you-" He stutters, pulling at his collar. Fortunately, Sir Kibble comes to the rescue, coughing loudly as he spits out a chunk of centipede, his lips curling back in disgust. "Ha! We finally found something you won't eat, huh Kibble?" Lord Braggett says, patting the wolf on the back. Thankful for the distraction, he then turns to the door and yells, "To the children!"

No extra preparations for me :)

Paizo Employee

Male Oread Druid (leshy warden) 1 | hp 9/9 | Init +1 | Perc +8 (+10 stonework) | SM +3 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4 CMD 15 FF CMD 14 | F +3 | R +1 | W +5

Normally, Kragrak would be inclined to search the room more before progressing, but he knows that he quarterstaff will be returning to normal soon. Pointing to it, he says, "This won't stay leafy long. Should we open the next door and see if anything else skitters out at us? Or does anyone else want to cast spells first?"

No additional preparations from Kragrak.

Paizo Employee

Female Leaf Leshy | hp 4/4 | Init +1 | Perc +1 | SM +1 | AC 13 T 12 FF 12 | CMB -3 CMD 8 FF CMD 7 | F +3 | R +1 | W +3

Inspired by Braggett's battle cry, Oak Sprout reaches out to give the knight a high-five. "Onward!" she shouts, cold iron spear in hand.

Sprout's ready to go.

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli | Spiritualist 2 | 21/21 HP | Init +3 | Perc +11 | SM +9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB -3 CMD 10 FF CMD 7 | F +7 | R +4 | W +9 | Special effects:

Prince pokes his head in: "All done?"
"Yes, onward!"

Silver Crusade

M LG Angel-blooded Aasimar (Angelkin) Paladin 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 19/Touch: 12/Flat: 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F +4, R +2, W +3; +2 vs. death | Init: +2 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1, Diplomacy +2, Heal +3 | Darkvision (60 feet)

Cleaning off his sword with some discarded rags in the corner, Castiel urges the group to ready themselves for battle... If my gut tells me so, which is normally correct, the kids lives are in danger right beyond that door… My sword's runes glows which tells me evil awaits us… We must enter and prevail!!!


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

The party opens the door...

Torches in each corner of this large room shed dim flickering light between high columns of barrels and crates. Four large pillars support the ceiling. Purplish-black slime covers the eastern wall and much of the room's southeast corner, stretching between the walls, pillars, and crates with long filaments. Countless shapes, varying greatly in size, crowd the sludge. Several of these shapes, pinned to the walls and crates or lying on the floor, appear human-sized.

A giant fly creature lazily circles the room. This enormous, horrifically bloated fly has a proboscis shaped like a serrated hook. Its many-faceted eyes smolder like hot coals.

Knowledge Nature or Planes, DC 17:
This is a giant fiendish hook fly.

Knowledge Nature or Planes, DC 22:
It likes to suck the blood of helpless victims and turn them into eggs for its swarms.

From behind the crates, you hear a muttering back and forth. “More sacrifices for the... No. My friends! Friends? We have no friends. Only the worm demons, demons, demons...” Then it stops. “Who’s there? Who dare comes here? Run away, it’s not safe!” The voice pauses, and becomes craftier. “No, come here...”

Who Goes First?:

Initiative, Castiel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Initiative, Kragak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Initiative, Lord Bragett: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Initiative, Oak Sprout: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Initiative, Prince: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Initiative, Princess: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Initiative, Wetbeard: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Initiative, Zakhar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Iniitative, Hook Fly: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Initiative, Gellion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Round 1

Active conditions: None


Zakhar

================================

Giant Hook Fly

================================

Princess

================================

Gellion

================================

Wetbeard
Prince
Castiel
Kragak
Braggett
Oak Sprout

================================

Zakhar is up!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli | Spiritualist 2 | 21/21 HP | Init +3 | Perc +11 | SM +9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB -3 CMD 10 FF CMD 7 | F +7 | R +4 | W +9 | Special effects:

Prince's eyes pop out, and then, all of a sudden, his little three fingered hands feel his body: Not dead, no, not dead and in heaven.
He looks back at the enormous fly, and a tear of happiness rolls down his eye: Like a birthday cake!
He jumps up and down, waving his arms: "Over here, over here!"

Dark Archive

Male N human slayer (witch killer) 1 | hp 10/12 | AC 17, t:12 f:15 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +1 | Init: +4 | Perception +5 | Spd 20ft | Step Up- 10ft as immediate | Conditions: None

"Eauch. What is this thing?!" Zakhar exclaims as he moves in to the next room.

Readied attack:

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

The giant fly flies towards yummy, yummy Zakhar!

Bite!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

And misses!

Round 1

Active conditions: None

Zakhar

================================

Giant Hook Fly

================================

Princess

================================

Gellion

================================

Wetbeard
Prince
Castiel
Kragak
Braggett
Oak Sprout

================================

Princess is up!

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli | Spiritualist 2 | 21/21 HP | Init +3 | Perc +11 | SM +9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB -3 CMD 10 FF CMD 7 | F +7 | R +4 | W +9 | Special effects:

Prince is going crazy, waving at the fly like mad: "Me! ME! MEEE!"

Grand Lodge

Female Phantom | Ectoplasmic Manifestation | 16/16 HP - DR5/slash | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +3 CMD 15 FF CMD 14 | F +4 | R +1 | W +3 | Special effects:

Princess goes rushing into the other room, and takes a detour to avoid any attacks, and comes up behind the fly.

Avoided AoO's unless 10 ft. reach


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

It has no reach!

Meanwhile, Gellion is pacing back and forth. “I told you to go away! It’s not safe here!” Then he twitches. “They don’t listen, they never listen, like Nolaria.... But Nolaria tried to stop you... Us. She tried to stop us, we had to stop her, not our fault, not our fault...”

He shoots a crossbow at Princess.

Cover, Crossbow: 1d20 - 4 + 3 ⇒ (12) - 4 + 3 = 11

It ploinks off a crate!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1

Active conditions: None


Zakhar

================================

Giant Hook Fly

================================

Princess

================================

Gellion

================================

Wetbeard
Prince
Castiel
Kragak
Braggett
Oak Sprout

================================

Bold is up!

Silver Crusade

M LG Angel-blooded Aasimar (Angelkin) Paladin 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 19/Touch: 12/Flat: 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F +4, R +2, W +3; +2 vs. death | Init: +2 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1, Diplomacy +2, Heal +3 | Darkvision (60 feet)

Tired of dealing with the evil filth infecting the town and focused on getting the kids to safety.., Castiel charges the Fly while swinging his sword at the fly's mid section.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8..

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli | Spiritualist 2 | 21/21 HP | Init +3 | Perc +11 | SM +9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB -3 CMD 10 FF CMD 7 | F +7 | R +4 | W +9 | Special effects:

Prince jumps along, moving through the rooms, and towards the fight.

Paizo Employee

Male Oread Druid (leshy warden) 1 | hp 9/9 | Init +1 | Perc +8 (+10 stonework) | SM +3 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4 CMD 15 FF CMD 14 | F +3 | R +1 | W +5

Kragrak double-moves into the room.

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

When he sees the situation inside and hears the talk of Nolaria, he calls out, "Gellion? Is that you back there? We're here to help. Your parents are real worried about you."

Paizo Employee

Female Leaf Leshy | hp 4/4 | Init +1 | Perc +1 | SM +1 | AC 13 T 12 FF 12 | CMB -3 CMD 8 FF CMD 7 | F +3 | R +1 | W +3

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15

Sprout moves up to the door.
"Wow, that's a loot of goo!"
She then reaches in to her armor and pulls out an acorn, which she throws at the fly as hard as she can.

seedpod: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 4 = -1

The acorn veers way off course and breaks against the crate just behind Princess.

"Sorry Princess! I was aiming for the fly!"

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: 32/32 | AC: 19/13/16 | CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2; +4 vs. fear and emotion effects | Speed: 50' (35' when mounted) | Perception: +1; +2 when carrying Braggett, Low-light vision, Scent | Init: +3
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20/12/19 22/12/21 | CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5; +2 vs. illusions/fear/despair | Spd: 20' | Per: +10; +2 when riding Kibble, Low-light vision | Init :+1 | Challenge: 2/2 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 33/50 | Conditions:

Lord Braggett charges into the large room on the back of Sir Kibble yelling, "Charge!" Seeing that the fly is well and truly surrounded, he rides like the wind, straight past the excitable Prince and towards the confused child, "Pull yourself together!" He says, attempting to whack the boy around the head with the flat of his blade, "It's not just your parents, lad! Lady Pricknettle is worried sick about you too..."

While Bragget attempts to bash some sense into the boy, Kibble tries a different approach. He cocks his head to one side and stares at Gellion with puppydog eyes, panting heavily from all the exertion.

Braggett and Kibble actions:
Braggett
Swift action: Challenge Gellion
Standard action: Attack

Atk. Longsword (Cold Iron); Nonlethal: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 4 = 8
Dmg. Slashing; Challenge: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5

Kibble:
Double Move: 65'


Out of turn actions:

The first time Kibble is hit in a round, Braggett will use the Mounted Combat feat, and as an immediate action to try and negate any damage. The hit is negated if the Ride check result is greater than the opponent's attack roll.

Ride Check (Mounted Combat): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

For the first two adjacent allies (including Braggett) who are targeted for an attack, Kibble will use the Boddyguard feat to use an AoO and boost their AC.

Aid another (AC) | DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Aid another (AC) | DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Castiel cuts a big slice out of the bloated hook fly, who does not like prey that bites back!

Then a bunch of misses and repositions happen, including (by GM fiat) Wetbeard moving forward.

Kibble dramatically double moves towards Gellion, while Braggett attempts and fails to apply reason with the side of his longsword.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1 / 2

Active conditions: None


Zakhar

================================

Giant Hook Fly (-8)

================================

Princess

================================

Gellion

================================

Wetbeard
Prince
Castiel
Kragak
Braggett
Oak Sprout

================================

Bold is up!

Liberty's Edge

Zakhar scowls, wondering if this fly is some witch in disguise, before taking a step to flank with... with this blob of green ectoplasmic goo that purports to be a Princess: more witchcraft, I will see about that once this mission is over.
He swings his bastard sword at the overblown fly, ready to cut it down to size.

Attack(bastard sword): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 (flanking)
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

The giant hook fly is in a bad way... Prey that fight back are clearly no fun. It withdraws straight up, and then flies towards the more reliable prey in the mounds on the south east side of the building....

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 2 / 3

Active conditions: None

Zakhar

================================

Giant Hook Fly (-14)

================================

Princess

================================

Gellion

================================

Wetbeard
Prince
Castiel
Kragak
Braggett
Oak Sprout

================================

Bold is up!

Grand Lodge

Female Phantom | Ectoplasmic Manifestation | 16/16 HP - DR5/slash | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +3 CMD 15 FF CMD 14 | F +4 | R +1 | W +3 | Special effects:

Princess lurches through the crates and such, leaving ectoplasmic goo shining on the crates, and then, if in reach of the fly, she tries to slam into it in a powerful attack.

Slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

The fly is flying a bit too high for Princess to reach. Would Princess like to ready that slam when it comes down?

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Meanwhile, Gellion gets a mad look in his eyes. “Come to get me, have you? The worms, the worms.... They want me to do this, and they’re my friends. My only friends. The only ones I can trust now!” He drops his crossbow and pulls his mace, wildly hitting at the little gnome.

Heavy Mace: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

But his strike is telegraphed, and Braggett easily ducks!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 3 / 4

Active conditions: None

Zakhar

================================

Giant Hook Fly (-14)

================================

Princess

================================

Gellion

================================

Wetbeard
Prince
Castiel
Kragak
Braggett
Oak Sprout

Bold is up!

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli | Spiritualist 2 | 21/21 HP | Init +3 | Perc +11 | SM +9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB -3 CMD 10 FF CMD 7 | F +7 | R +4 | W +9 | Special effects:

Prince casts a spell, and moves over to climb up onto the crates, and flick his tongue at the fly!

_________________
Tongue: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
• Cast the spell (lvl 0 - Touch of Fatigue), hold the charge in the tongue
• Move action - Prince has a 20 ft. climb speed, so can he move 10 ft on the ground and then "up" a 5 ft crate (10 ft. if counted as double?) - or is that a double move because 2 different types of moving, unless you can "climb" on the floor?
• then Flick the tongue at the Fly as part of the casting (Melee touch, delivered by tongue). From top of crates + 10 ft. range
• if he has range, then Prince hits on a nat' 20: DC15 Fort' save or be Fatigued'

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sir Kibble:
HP: 32/32 | AC: 19/13/16 | CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2; +4 vs. fear and emotion effects | Speed: 50' (35' when mounted) | Perception: +1; +2 when carrying Braggett, Low-light vision, Scent | Init: +3
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20/12/19 22/12/21 | CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5; +2 vs. illusions/fear/despair | Spd: 20' | Per: +10; +2 when riding Kibble, Low-light vision | Init :+1 | Challenge: 2/2 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 33/50 | Conditions:

"The worms are not your friends Gelly, they are not the ones who made you those exceptional yellow boots!" Lord Braggett says as he ducks under the mace, "Remember your real friends, the exceptional food and the adventures..." He tries again to bash some sense into Gellion, but Kibble must have taken exception to Gellion taking a swing at his buddy, and he snaps unexpectedly at the boy making it impossible for Braggett to attack himself. "Careful, Sir Kibble, we cannot slay the poor boy!" He glances around the warehouse and thinks to himself, Hmm, maybe if we can free one of his friends, he will be more receptive?

Braggett and Kibble actions:
Braggett
Free action: Ride check to Attack in same round as Kibble
Standard action: Attack

Ride Check (Attack in same round as Kibble) | DC 10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Kibble:
Five foot step
Standard action: Attack

Atk. Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Dmg. BPS: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Free trip attempt on hit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Out of turn actions:

The first time Kibble is hit in a round, Braggett will use the Mounted Combat feat, and as an immediate action to try and negate any damage. The hit is negated if the Ride check result is greater than the opponent's attack roll.

Ride Check (Mounted Combat): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

For the first two adjacent allies (including Braggett) who are targeted for an attack, Kibble will use the Bodyguard feat to use an AoO and boost their AC.

Aid another (AC) | DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Aid another (AC) | DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Paizo Employee

Male Oread Druid (leshy warden) 1 | hp 9/9 | Init +1 | Perc +8 (+10 stonework) | SM +3 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4 CMD 15 FF CMD 14 | F +3 | R +1 | W +5

Kragrak takes a close look at Gellion, seeing if he can spot any of the purple goo on his body.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
"We don't want to hurt you." , Kragrak says to Gellion again. To the party, he says, "Maybe we can use positive energy to help him, like Father Ruvarra helped the trees?"

Meanwhile, Kragrak's going to try to keep Gellion from hurting anyone else.

Kragrak's CMB to disarm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

He doesn't have any feats for his or anything, so if Gellion has a way to threaten, he might get AOOed.

Paizo Employee

Female Leaf Leshy | hp 4/4 | Init +1 | Perc +1 | SM +1 | AC 13 T 12 FF 12 | CMB -3 CMD 8 FF CMD 7 | F +3 | R +1 | W +3

Still feeling a bit sheepish about her wild acorn shot, Sprout decides to enter the room properly before deciding what to do next.

Sprout double moves.


I am the tool of the GM

Click. Whirr.

Botting Castiel

Castiel runs, sad that he has to strike at this poor, lost child who has done so much harm. He raises his blade, preparing to hit Gelly with the flat of it, in hopes of knocking the child out.

“You’re deluded, but I cannot have you hurting other children, Gelly!”

Longsword Both Hands, Non-Lethal: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 4 = 15
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Botting Wetbeard

Wetbeard runs, hurling his atlatl at the fly!

Atlatl Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Atlatl Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Prince climbs the crates and attempts to fatigue the fly!
Fly Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Braggett and Sir Kibble miss on both their attacks. Kragak successfully disarms Gellion, but not before taking an attack of opportunity!
Gellion, Heavy Mace: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Then both Castiel and Zakhar strike true, and Zakhar kills the fly!

Gellion is surrounded and everything he has is ranged... He throws an alchemist fire, which provokes a bunch of attacks of opportunity from Braggett, Castiel, Mr. Kibble and Kragak!

Alchemist’s Fire Attack if Gelly is not stopped.:

Alchemist Fire: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Crit?!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Crit Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 5
Active conditions: None

Zakhar

================================

Giant Hook Fly (Dead)

================================

Princess

================================

Gellion (-6 NL)

================================

Wetbeard
Prince
Castiel + attack of opportunity
Kragak + attack of opportunity
Braggett + attack of opportunity
Oak Sprout

Bold is up!

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sir Kibble:
HP: 32/32 | AC: 19/13/16 | CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2; +4 vs. fear and emotion effects | Speed: 50' (35' when mounted) | Perception: +1; +2 when carrying Braggett, Low-light vision, Scent | Init: +3
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20/12/19 22/12/21 | CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5; +2 vs. illusions/fear/despair | Spd: 20' | Per: +10; +2 when riding Kibble, Low-light vision | Init :+1 | Challenge: 2/2 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 33/50 | Conditions:

Well played Kragrak! :)

AoO. Longsword; Non lethal: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 4 = 15
Dmg. Slashing (Non lethal): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Ha ha! Nicely done Kragrak..." Lord Braggett cheers, "Alas, positive energy will only work if we can subdue the boy fir- Watch out!" As Gellion pulls out the flask of alchemist's fire, Braggett lashes out again with the flat of his sword in an attempt to slap boy's wrists. "Sir Kibble, circle around, but keep your teeth to yourself! This boy needs our sympathy, not our anger..." Once in a flanking position, Braggett awaits the perfect opportunity to bash Gelly on the bonce with the pummel of his sword.

It's times like this that the Aid trick might come in handy. :)

Braggett and Kibble actions:
Braggett
Standard action: Attack

Atk. Longsword; Flank, Non lethal: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 - 4 = 18
Dmg. Slashing (Non lethal): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Kibble:
Five foot step.


Out of turn actions:

The first time Kibble is hit in a round, Braggett will use the Mounted Combat feat, and as an immediate action to try and negate any damage. The hit is negated if the Ride check result is greater than the opponent's attack roll.

Ride Check (Mounted Combat): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

For the first two adjacent allies (including Braggett) who are targeted for an attack, Kibble will use the Bodyguard feat to use an AoO and boost their AC.

Aid another (AC) | DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Aid another (AC) | DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Dark Archive

Male N human slayer (witch killer) 1 | hp 10/12 | AC 17, t:12 f:15 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +1 | Init: +4 | Perception +5 | Spd 20ft | Step Up- 10ft as immediate | Conditions: None

"Poor fellow"

Zakhar moves forward and drops his sword. He dusts off his gloves as he lunges to grapple with the boy.

"Come here, you."

Grapple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Provoked initiating a grapple

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli | Spiritualist 2 | 21/21 HP | Init +3 | Perc +11 | SM +9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB -3 CMD 10 FF CMD 7 | F +7 | R +4 | W +9 | Special effects:

Melee Touch: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Prince provokes an attack from the kid as he casts and flicks his tongue helplessly at the kid.

He motions Princess to move around to block the youngster's path of egress...


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Braggett's attack of opportunity hits!

Then follows some actions from Braggett, Zakhar, and Prince that will happen after the attacks of opportunity. I will resolve them if Gelly is not knocked out before then! We're in funky PBP Time, for certain!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 5
Active conditions: None

Zakhar

================================

Giant Hook Fly (Dead)

================================

Princess

================================

Gellion (-11 NL)

================================

Wetbeard
Prince
Castiel + attack of opportunity
Kragak + attack of opportunity
Braggett + attack of opportunity
Oak Sprout

Bold is up!

Silver Crusade

M LG Angel-blooded Aasimar (Angelkin) Paladin 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 19/Touch: 12/Flat: 17 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F +4, R +2, W +3; +2 vs. death | Init: +2 | Perception +1, Sense Motive +1, Diplomacy +2, Heal +3 | Darkvision (60 feet)

"Boy, This path of evil has gone on too long and endnagered too many people!!!" Castiel drops his shield and punches Gellion in the side of the head sending the kid over the crates behind him..

Punch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d8 ⇒ 7
Not sure how to do a punch so I took off the bonus ...

Paizo Employee

Male Oread Druid (leshy warden) 1 | hp 9/9 | Init +1 | Perc +8 (+10 stonework) | SM +3 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4 CMD 15 FF CMD 14 | F +3 | R +1 | W +5

Kragrak sighs and shakes his head. "Please stop attacking us. We're trying to help you."

Kragrak is going to take his AOO to attempt to disarm the alchemist's fire. He continues to not have the feats to do this without provoking an AOO in return if Gellion still threatens. He'll forgo using a weapon in this disarm in hopes of grabbing the alchemist's fire and being able to stow it away on his turn instead of leaving it to clatter to the ground and explode on everyone.

Attack of opportunity CMB: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 4 = 14

His action on his turn depends upon whether or not the disarm succeeded. If it failed, he tries again. "Come on, give it over."

If the AOO disarm succeeded, he'll try to help Zahkar's grapple with an aid another. "Need a hand there, Zahkar?"

CMB to Disarm or Grapple, add 4 if grapple: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Paizo Employee

Female Leaf Leshy | hp 4/4 | Init +1 | Perc +1 | SM +1 | AC 13 T 12 FF 12 | CMB -3 CMD 8 FF CMD 7 | F +3 | R +1 | W +3

Sprout stands back and watches the evolving chaos around Gellion, the great cluster of flailing arms and weapons, as well as the growing tide of voices alternately pleading with him and telling him off. She decides there is no real reason to get herself tangled up in that mess. Instead, she takes a seat upon a nearby crate and watches.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

The attackers were not able to stop Gelly’s alchemist’s fire attack, which sets Braggett’s magnificent beard aflame before Gelly goes down in a mass of grapples, punches and other attacks.

— Combat Over! —

What do you do next?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli | Spiritualist 2 | 21/21 HP | Init +3 | Perc +11 | SM +9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB -3 CMD 10 FF CMD 7 | F +7 | R +4 | W +9 | Special effects:

What do you do next?
Eat the fly!

Prince moves over to the felled insect, and checks it out, to see that it is not infected with goo, and is edible. He will start nibbling a piece to test it...

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sir Kibble:
HP: 32/32 | AC: 19/13/16 | CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2; +4 vs. fear and emotion effects | Speed: 50' (35' when mounted) | Perception: +1; +2 when carrying Braggett, Low-light vision, Scent | Init: +3
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20/12/19 22/12/21 | CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5; +2 vs. illusions/fear/despair | Spd: 20' | Per: +10; +2 when riding Kibble, Low-light vision | Init :+1 | Challenge: 2/2 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 33/50 | Conditions:

With Gelly thoroughly subdued by the group of Pathfinders, Lord Braggett hops off of Sir Kibble and pats out his smouldering beard, "Ha! Not even a scratch on the poor lad! Exceptional chivalry shown by all, I'd say." He straps his shield to Kibble's saddlebags and heads off to inspect the goo with his cold iron sword, "We may need to call on Father Ildris again with all this stuff here..." He pokes at a little glob of goo to make sure his sword still has the same effect, "Perhaps one of us should run back to the temple to fetch him. But for those of us with cold iron, let us make haste to free these children from their purple cocoons!" He then tries to free as many of the children from the bile as he can.

Paizo Employee

Female Leaf Leshy | hp 4/4 | Init +1 | Perc +1 | SM +1 | AC 13 T 12 FF 12 | CMB -3 CMD 8 FF CMD 7 | F +3 | R +1 | W +3

Sprout hesitates to get near the goo. Puffing her chest up importantly, she says, "I may have a cold iron weapon, but I do not have the same strength of arms as most of you do. Braggett, I would be happy to be the one to perform the most important task of bringing Father Ruvarra here while you all work on those cocoons. I'd like to say he and I became friends in the time we spent together in the orchard."

Sprout can go herself, or tag along with any PCs who want to go too.

Paizo Employee

Male Oread Druid (leshy warden) 1 | hp 9/9 | Init +1 | Perc +8 (+10 stonework) | SM +3 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4 CMD 15 FF CMD 14 | F +3 | R +1 | W +5

Kragrak sighs with relief and draws his cold iron scimitar. "What Braggett said. Thanks for being careful with him, everyone. Hopefully we can have all these kids back home safe for dinner tonight." He carefully prods one of the cocoons with the flat end of the scimitar's blade, frowning as the material reacts to the metal. He tries cutting the cocoon in a place past its occupant's feet to get a feel for how difficult the material is to slice. Once he is confident that he won't harm the person within, he joins Braggett in setting the kids free.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Sprout goes to collect Father Ruvarra, while the rest of you clear the goo and pull the children out of the cocoons. They are all confused and bewildered, but w ith some healing they start to focus.

Nolaria’s eyes flutter open. “Who are you? Is Gelly okay?”

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: 32/32 | AC: 19/13/16 | CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2; +4 vs. fear and emotion effects | Speed: 50' (35' when mounted) | Perception: +1; +2 when carrying Braggett, Low-light vision, Scent | Init: +3
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20/12/19 22/12/21 | CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5; +2 vs. illusions/fear/despair | Spd: 20' | Per: +10; +2 when riding Kibble, Low-light vision | Init :+1 | Challenge: 2/2 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 33/50 | Conditions:

Lord Braggett smiles triumphantly, "I am Lord Braggett Fizzlebotham the Fourth, Miss Nolaria, I am an exceptional Knight, a Pathfinder, and a true Gentleman! I am-" Braggett is interrupted by Sir Kibble, who has started nudging the humble knight in the back. Braggett rolls his eyes and shoos Kibble away, "Yes, yes, I was getting to that..." Clearing his throat, Braggett motions to the rest of the Pathfinders, "And these are my comrades! You are never going to meet more chivalrous and noble people than they." Offering his hand to help Nolaria up, he says "Master Gellion is safe, and I expect that with Father Ruvarra's help, he will be freed from the influence of the goo in no time! And what of you, Miss Nolaria, are you okay?"


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Still shaking, Nolaria gracefully accepts Braggett’s hand up. “Thank you for all your help. We owe you so much!”

Soon, Sprout and Father Ruvarra arrive. Father Ruvarra hugs you all with joy. “You found them! You found them!’

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

So, now that you have completed your mission, what do you tell the Mayor about what happened?

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli | Spiritualist 2 | 21/21 HP | Init +3 | Perc +11 | SM +9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB -3 CMD 10 FF CMD 7 | F +7 | R +4 | W +9 | Special effects:

"We need to tell the mayor to find out where the big flies come from, that would be a wonderful source of food".

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: 32/32 | AC: 19/13/16 | CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +2; +4 vs. fear and emotion effects | Speed: 50' (35' when mounted) | Perception: +1; +2 when carrying Braggett, Low-light vision, Scent | Init: +3
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20/12/19 22/12/21 | CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5; +2 vs. illusions/fear/despair | Spd: 20' | Per: +10; +2 when riding Kibble, Low-light vision | Init :+1 | Challenge: 2/2 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 33/50 | Conditions:

"Bile, Lady Mayor, glowing purple bile!" Lord Braggett starts his debriefing in the most dramatic way he can think of, "It appears that Gellion had somehow stumbled upon a small quantity of the vile stuff and, not knowing what it was, proceeded to experiment on it. Alas the poor boy was soon driven out of his mind by the demonic substance, paranoia took over and he started kidnapping his friends." He pauses and raises one of his long eyebrows, "Apparently, 'the worms' told him to do it."

He stands proudly in front of Mayor Trinelli, both hands behind his back and head high, "Unfortunately, we did not have time to question the children properly; they were confused and understandably bewildered after their ordeal. However, I believe that until Gellion has fully recovered from his condition, Nolaria will be able to fill you in on most of the details leading up to their dramatic rescue." He looks around at his new friends, wondering if he has missed anything out, or perhaps just waiting for them to tell the mayor all about his fantastic performance at the tavern.

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli | Spiritualist 2 | 21/21 HP | Init +3 | Perc +11 | SM +9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB -3 CMD 10 FF CMD 7 | F +7 | R +4 | W +9 | Special effects:

As Braggett looks around at his new friends, wondering if he has missed anything out, Prince steps forward: "You have giant flies here, a great source of protein".


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

The Mayor considers the comments of both Prince and Braggett. To Prince she says, “Ewwwww. No! Just no!”

To Braggett she looks more thoughtful. “The residents of this town are going to want someone to blame, and they are going to see Gellion Vazarro as plainly guilty.” She gazes meaningfully at the town’s gallows as the group passes them. “Is there anything that you want to say on his behalf?”

Feel free to all chime in, and include diplomacy checks too. I allow Aid Anothers! I allow Take Ten if you are the main person leading the dipomacy!

401 to 450 of 466 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hmm's Gallows of Madness : Foul Breed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.