Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Turmoil's Cosmic Captive (Tier 1-2)

Game Master ckelley83

Maps and Visuals

Time Passed: 66 minutes

Scenario Bonuses:

+2 initiative in next combat
+2 initiative in Areas D & E
Can call on small water elemental for one encounter


101 to 150 of 191 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Human Telekineticist 1 | HP 11/11 (0NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | F+5 R+6 W+1 | Perception +5 | Init +4 | CMB 0 | CMD 14

Does disable device still count if I can't disable magical traps? Not being a rogue is sad-face for magic disabling...

For planning, the only things I have are disable device or the ability to attack the spirit to distract it - my blasts count as magic, so should be able to hit incorporeal. Attacking it doesn't seem right, though, at least from what we've seen of it so far.

Dark Archive

Consortium|| Consortium (CORE)||Cosmic

No mention of having to be able to disable magical traps, so you're good.

The Exchange

Male Human Telekineticist 1 | HP 11/11 (0NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | F+5 R+6 W+1 | Perception +5 | Init +4 | CMB 0 | CMD 14

Zandu frowns as the basin seems to malfunction, and quickly steps forward to see if he can help. "Looks broken" he says to Robyyn, who seems to be having problems figuring out what's going on. "Sometimes mechanical can influence magical, maybe I can help." His tool kit floats out of his vest pocket and into his hand, and he goes to work on the cracked basin, to see if he can fix anything.

Actions:

Move and try to defuse the spirit with disable device
Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Silver Crusade

Spells:
-/3/0/0/0/0 | arcane mark 1/1 | comprehend languages 0/1 | message 1/1 | read magic 1/1 | wand CLW 5/5
Male Gnome Bard (arcane duelist) 2 | HP 14/16 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 13 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Spd 20' | Perc +5 (low-light) | Init +5 | Performance 7/9 | Eternal Hope 1/1

Kronas runs straight for the pool, the back of his hand resting on his forehead and truly hamming it up "Yes! Stranded... Lost... No hope for rescue!" he finally catches up to Lutronius and Robyyn "Help us, spirit. You're our only hope!" He leans back, wobbling on his feet, and hand still firmly on his head "Woe! Oh, woe..."

Actions:
Have to double move to get close enough. If I am still allowed to perform a check, I'll assist Lutronius.

Bluff, Assist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

For planning, I can distract with bluff and diffuse with equally well with several other skills.

Liberty's Edge

M Half-elf
Stats:
Alchemist (bramble brewer, grenadier) 1| HP 10/10 | AC: 16/ T: 12/FF: 14 | F:+2/R: +4/W: +2 | CMB +2 | CMD 14 | Speed 30 | Int. +2 | Perc. +6 | S.M. +0 | Bombs 5/5 | Mutagen 1/1 | Extracts 1/1 and 1/1

Planning:
Hmm, a lot of what Menarul can do overlaps with other's skills. He can probably diffuse with spellcraft easiest, but on a good roll he might be able to diffuse with linguistics or mayyybe diplomacy/Bluff if this counts for Student of Philosophy. For right now he'll try spellcraft.

Menarul rushes in and slides into the spot left open by the rest of the group. He then takes a long moment to look at the runes around the edge of the basin and tries to correct some of the misshapen ones, a serenely happy look on his face.

Actions and rolls:

Move to the basin and attempt a spell craft check.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Dark Archive

Consortium|| Consortium (CORE)||Cosmic

Just need an action from Artus and we can continue.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Unchained Rogue (Rake/Scout Archtypes) / Level 2 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 17/17 | F +1 R +6 W +2 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +9 Low light vision

Artus also rushes forward and seeing Zandu using tools to try and fix the basin he grabs his and attempts to help

disable device assist: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


"Doom Girl" Online VL // Upcoming PbP EventsPbP Gameday Signups // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr urgently projects her image to speak to every Pathfinder, and appears to be holding tightly to a steel ring near an alien device. “Everyone, brace yourselves. We have finished repairs of a strange craft on the bright side of the asteroid, and the engines will fire shortly, hopefully causing this rock to spin and even out the extreme temperatures. This may get a bit bumpy though in three…two…one... Hold on!”

A sudden jolt shakes the entire asteroid, sending anything unsecured reeling as the stars begin to spin overhead.

Table GMs, the Engines benefit is now in play. Vroooooom!

Dark Archive

Consortium|| Consortium (CORE)||Cosmic

Robyyn and Menarul both rush forward and begin studying the magical runes, but neither one can make heads or tails of it. Artus and Zandu team up and go to work with their thieving tools, and although they hear a slight click as they tinker, the machine doesn't blow up. While the others work on deactivating it, Lutorinus and Kronas try to get the spirit's attention, and whatever the gnome says seems to work, though maybe not having the desired intention. A willowy lash reaches out from the spirit and leaves a long along his shoulder.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d8 ⇒ 6

Two success so far, keep working! Another round of actions.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Consortium|| Consortium (CORE)||Cosmic
GM Hmm wrote:

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr urgently projects her image to speak to every Pathfinder, and appears to be holding tightly to a steel ring near an alien device. “Everyone, brace yourselves. We have finished repairs of a strange craft on the bright side of the asteroid, and the engines will fire shortly, hopefully causing this rock to spin and even out the extreme temperatures. This may get a bit bumpy though in three…two…one... Hold on!”

A sudden jolt shakes the entire asteroid, sending anything unsecured reeling as the stars begin to spin overhead.

Table GMs, the Engines benefit is now in play. Vroooooom!

As you work on diffusing the odd magical machine, you get the odd sensation that the whole room, starts to move a bit. Then you realize it's not the room, but the entire asteroid moving, as it begins to rotate. You can already sense the temperature outside beginning to warm a bit.

The asteroid has begun to rotate, and Frozen City is beginning to thaw, returning to normal temperature.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Unchained Rogue (Rake/Scout Archtypes) / Level 2 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 17/17 | F +1 R +6 W +2 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +9 Low light vision

As the spirit struck out at Kronus, Artus stands up draws his blade and steps towards the spirit with an ice cold authority he yells.
Stand down spirit we are trying to free you!

intimidate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 add two if this counts as a demoralize check.

This is a distract attempt

Silver Crusade

Spells:
-/3/0/0/0/0 | arcane mark 1/1 | comprehend languages 0/1 | message 1/1 | read magic 1/1 | wand CLW 5/5
Male Gnome Bard (arcane duelist) 2 | HP 14/16 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 13 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Spd 20' | Perc +5 (low-light) | Init +5 | Performance 7/9 | Eternal Hope 1/1

"Ow ow ow!" Kronas hops away, rubbing his shoulder, and stumbles a little as the room appears to move I was just trying to help! To try and distract himself from the pain, Kronas concentrates on the runes.

Know. Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


"Doom Girl" Online VL // Upcoming PbP EventsPbP Gameday Signups // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr’s projection appears once again to every Pathfinder. Behind her is a map of the Asteroid, Aucturn’s Tear, lit up with different colors around the different regions.

“Good news, everyone! Our tactical reports coming from the region known as Area F, ‘The Sea of Fire’, tell us that the entire region has been claimed and is now safe for travel! Keep going, Pathfinders!”

The Sea of Fire has been Claimed!

Liberty's Edge

M Half-elf
Stats:
Alchemist (bramble brewer, grenadier) 1| HP 10/10 | AC: 16/ T: 12/FF: 14 | F:+2/R: +4/W: +2 | CMB +2 | CMD 14 | Speed 30 | Int. +2 | Perc. +6 | S.M. +0 | Bombs 5/5 | Mutagen 1/1 | Extracts 1/1 and 1/1

Menarul takes a deep breath and once again tries to make heads or tail of the arcane runes on the machine.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Dark Archive

Consortium|| Consortium (CORE)||Cosmic
GM Hmm wrote:

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr’s projection appears once again to every Pathfinder. Behind her is a map of the Asteroid, Aucturn’s Tear, lit up with different colors around the different regions.

“Good news, everyone! Our tactical reports coming from the region known as Area F, ‘The Sea of Fire’, tell us that the entire region has been claimed and is now safe for travel! Keep going, Pathfinders!”

The Sea of Fire has been Claimed!

No major impact for you at this point, but area G is now visible on the overview map.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 2| HP: 15/15 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 12 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init +3 | Perception +9, 120ft Darkvision, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Infernal Healing 46/50; Wand of CLW 7/10; Wand of Bless 48/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 5/6 Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1; Disguise Kit 10/10

Seeing how well Kronas got throttled for distracting well, Lutorinus heads for the base of the spirit.

Whipping out his tool's, he gets to work. Surely I can do better than they did!

________

Rolls:

Disable Device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 Come on!

Sorry for the slow/meager post, Origins took more out of me than I expected!


"Doom Girl" Online VL // Upcoming PbP EventsPbP Gameday Signups // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

“More tactical reports have been flowing in to our Control Center,” Sorrina Westyr proclaims as her image appears once more to all of you. She points her wand at a now glowing region of the Asteroid. “We’ve cleared another region! Area D, The Frozen City has been claimed and is now safe for travel!”

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch 1 | HP: 7/8 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 (8 Fl) | F: +1, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor

Shifting his focus, Robyyn leans on his knowledge of the nature of magic and his workings, hoping to unravel the mystery of this runic arrangement.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Dark Archive

Consortium|| Consortium (CORE)||Cosmic

After the sudden attack, Kronas decides it best to focus on deciphering the magical runes. Working with Menarul, the pair are able to make some sense of the mechanisms and how to stabilize it, though it's still all foreign to Robyyn. Lutorinus tries to tinker with the machine a bit, but is just as lost as the sylph. Artus tries a different tactic, trying to reason with the spirit to make their work easier, but instead it lashes out at him with a wispy tendril.

Attack vs: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d8 ⇒ 3

With Kronas's and Menaruls instructions however, the others manage to disable the device, the spirit suddenly stabilizes, and the hot white glow of the magical runes surrounding the basin fades.

The spirit speaks in a foreign language unlike any you have ever heard, but somehow, she knows you don't speak it, so she weaves a spell.

... And speaks in Common. Her voice echos as she speaks, "My ... saviors. The haze has been cleared, and now I see you are not here to harm me. I am... The Voice of Seven Songs, the voice of an oracle from home. Home? Home is Iovo?" She seems unsure of her history, yet she continues, her expression turning serious as she focuses on the now. "You are not safe here. There is grave danger ahead. You," she slowly raises her arm to point to Kronas, "Will witness a terrible, evil monster chasing you relentlessly... Yet you will not be able to touch it, nor harm it with your blades."

"And you," she eyes Robyyn. "You will be enveloped by a snake made of pure ice. I have seen it with my own mind."

You all gain an additional +2 on initiative in the next combat.

In one of the corners of the shrine, you find an odd container, covered with more writing like you have never seen before. Inside you find several vials though, four potions of endure elements, two potions of cure light wounds, and a potion of remove disease.

Dark Archive

Consortium|| Consortium (CORE)||Cosmic
GM Hmm wrote:

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

“More tactical reports have been flowing in to our Control Center,” Sorrina Westyr proclaims as her image appears once more to all of you. She points her wand at a now glowing region of the Asteroid. “We’ve cleared another region! Area D, The Frozen City has been claimed and is now safe for travel!”

Not long after you've finished calming the spirit and the magical device, a senior Pathfinder agent enters the shrine. "The rest of the Frozen City has been secured and a passageway leading into the asteroid has been discovered. Finish up here and quickly make your way down into the subterranean structures below." The half-orc doesn't wait for a reply before leaving just as quickly as he entered.

Feel free to heal up and do anything else you would like at the shrine, and we will then continue to the next area. Area E is now visible on the map.

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch 1 | HP: 7/8 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 (8 Fl) | F: +1, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor

Robyyn recoils when the spirit calls out a horrifying vision of his future. He shelves that image, though, and steps in closer to the spirit. A Pathfinder enters the room and says something about the quest and where this group should go, but the sylph isn't paying attention.

"Are you djinn?" he simply asks, studying the creature.

Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 15 (+9 for arcana/nature, +6 for local, all others untrained)

------------
This is just Robyyn being Robyyn. No need to dwell on this if we need to keep up the pace.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Unchained Rogue (Rake/Scout Archtypes) / Level 2 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 17/17 | F +1 R +6 W +2 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +9 Low light vision

Artus hands his wand of clw to Lutorinus can you use this to heal me up a little please.

clw wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
clw wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

2 charges used

Dark Archive

Consortium|| Consortium (CORE)||Cosmic

The spirit flickers and seems puzzled by the question, "Djinn? No, no... I don't think so. One came here though, asking questions I did not have answers for."

While the spirit has a vaguely humanoid form, it's hard to make out exactly what it is, though it does slightly resemble the shattered frozen bodies you found outside. The spirit had mentioned Iovo as well, which you recall being an ancient planet within the solar system that had been destroyed long ago, along with its sister planet Damiar. The remains of the destroyed Twins now make up the Diaspora asteroid belt. You even recall hearing a tale of a gnome brought into the Society, who claimed of being abducted by tall, winged creatures he called sarcesians. No evidence was ever found though and it was dismissed as the ravings of a mad man.

Silver Crusade

Spells:
-/3/0/0/0/0 | arcane mark 1/1 | comprehend languages 0/1 | message 1/1 | read magic 1/1 | wand CLW 5/5
Male Gnome Bard (arcane duelist) 2 | HP 14/16 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 13 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Spd 20' | Perc +5 (low-light) | Init +5 | Performance 7/9 | Eternal Hope 1/1

Kronas jumps when the spirit's finger indicates him as the victim of a terrible game of tag, but quickly calms down If I can't touch it, then surely it can't touch me... He quickly snaps out of his train of thought and waves a friendly hand at the spirit "Hello spirit! I'm so glad you're not angry anymore..." He says while rubbing his sore shoulder, but before he can ask any questions, the Pathfinder enters and passes on his orders. Unsure what to do, Kronas spends a few minutes hopping to and fro, torn between wanting to chat with the spirit and follow orders.

I can't think of any questions, so I'm happy to continue when everyone else is.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I'd prefer to use one of the new potions or the communal wand, but if anyone has any objections, I'll use my wand.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 2| HP: 15/15 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 12 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init +3 | Perception +9, 120ft Darkvision, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Infernal Healing 46/50; Wand of CLW 7/10; Wand of Bless 48/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 5/6 Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1; Disguise Kit 10/10

With the spirit calmed, Lutorinus merely glares at it. Pitiful creature, how do you ever hope to achieve anything without control of your emotions? Pah!

"Ominous times indeed. Should either of you wish to submit to the Lord of Nine before it is too late, I will be more than happy to save your souls," he explains with a broad smile to Kronas and Robyyn. "If you don't pledge your allegiance soon, who knows what will happen if the Boneyard if nobody will speak up for you!"

With his offer for eternal safety made, he spins around and is greeted by a new Pathfinder agent. A hard glare meets the newcomer. Time for messages, but no time for real work?

"I have no reason to continue staying here. Below we go," he says as he moves to make his way to the subterranean area.

________
I encourage the use of the communal wand. There are enough wands in the party that it won't be the end of the world if we use this one up! Knocking 1 charge off of it for use on Kronas. I'll hold any items other people do not claim.

Liberty's Edge

M Half-elf
Stats:
Alchemist (bramble brewer, grenadier) 1| HP 10/10 | AC: 16/ T: 12/FF: 14 | F:+2/R: +4/W: +2 | CMB +2 | CMD 14 | Speed 30 | Int. +2 | Perc. +6 | S.M. +0 | Bombs 5/5 | Mutagen 1/1 | Extracts 1/1 and 1/1

Menarul gives a smile of satisfaction as he finally grasps what the runes mean. He then starts muttering about the runes. "Ah, so this is in charge of keeping... And this is for... So this must be..." after a few moments of this he turns and starts to explain what the runes mean to anyone who will listen.

After the device stabilizes, Menarul looks around and notices the wounds on Kronas and Artus for the first time. Half wondering where the wounds came from and half mortified he hadn't noticed, he listens to the oracle, mostly missing the significance of its words. They don't look like crossbow wounds. We're they from the oracle? What if they had been killed? How could I have missed that? ...An ice worm? That should be just a small creature, right? Doesn't sound too bad.

Menarul takes up one of the potions of endure elements as the Pathfinder enters the room. Sliding the potion into an empty spot on his holster he heads to the door, wondering aloud, "Does this mean the genie in the tower has been rescued? I guess there's nothing more we can do up here then."

Using up the communal wand and potions sounds like a good idea.

The Exchange

Male Human Telekineticist 1 | HP 11/11 (0NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | F+5 R+6 W+1 | Perception +5 | Init +4 | CMB 0 | CMD 14

Zandu gives a satisfied sigh as the device is repaired, and puts his tools back in his vest. He glances up at the brief report of the senior pathfinder, then gears up to leave, keeping a curious eye on the spirit as he does.

Dark Archive

Consortium|| Consortium (CORE)||Cosmic

2d10 + 10 ⇒ (1, 5) + 10 = 16

You all head back out into the city, to see it busy with activity. Pathfinders rush around, carrying supplies and messages bound for the various groups. You are directed towards a broken stone tower at the center of the city that resonates with an unnerving note as wind forcefully billows out as if it were some manner of alien pipe organ. Ice creeps around the entrance, and the howls of hunting predators ring through the surrounding structures.

The bodies of dead creatures litter the floor within, as you follow the one path that leads down into the depths of the earth, and into the darkness. The dampness and staleness in the air has you believe that a body of water must be nearby. Powerful gusts of warm air howl through the twisting tunnels of ice that stretch, and the passages turn upon themselves and end in sudden precipices. The footing is treacherous, and a step to either side drops into chasms clouded by freezing mist.

There is no natural light here

I will need two Survival or Climb checks from someone.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Unchained Rogue (Rake/Scout Archtypes) / Level 2 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 17/17 | F +1 R +6 W +2 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +9 Low light vision

Artus gets his climbing kit out of his pack, pulls a pendent from under his shirt and murmers a word that causes the wayfinder to glow.

I can lead the climb if you want unless someone is better suited
Climb+6 with kit

Silver Crusade

Spells:
-/3/0/0/0/0 | arcane mark 1/1 | comprehend languages 0/1 | message 1/1 | read magic 1/1 | wand CLW 5/5
Male Gnome Bard (arcane duelist) 2 | HP 14/16 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 13 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Spd 20' | Perc +5 (low-light) | Init +5 | Performance 7/9 | Eternal Hope 1/1

"Climb?" Kronas asks with horror, memories from his youth come flooding back to him... Kronas, dangling at the end of a rope while a grizzled adventurer yells at him to climb, the mean old man not letting Kronas play with the other initiates until he successfully climbed a few feet... Shaking himself out of it, he simply says "I think I'll let you go first, Artus." in an uncharacteristically understated manner.
________
Climb +0, Survival -1, I think I'll sit this one out :)

Liberty's Edge

M Half-elf
Stats:
Alchemist (bramble brewer, grenadier) 1| HP 10/10 | AC: 16/ T: 12/FF: 14 | F:+2/R: +4/W: +2 | CMB +2 | CMD 14 | Speed 30 | Int. +2 | Perc. +6 | S.M. +0 | Bombs 5/5 | Mutagen 1/1 | Extracts 1/1 and 1/1

Menarul takes extensive notes about and sketches of the various places the group encounters. As they start heading down in to the darkness, he pauses for a second, pulls out a wayfinder and says a short command word. As the wayfinder starts to glow he affixes it to his scarf and gets back to writing. When Artus asks about climbing he looks up and blinks a few times. "I can't climb very well in my armor, but I have read a few things about surviving underground. You should probably take the lead." he says as he puts his notebook away again.

________

Climb of +0 in this armor and a survival of +4. Your +6 climb sounds good to me, Artus.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 2| HP: 15/15 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 12 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init +3 | Perception +9, 120ft Darkvision, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Infernal Healing 46/50; Wand of CLW 7/10; Wand of Bless 48/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 5/6 Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1; Disguise Kit 10/10

Lutorinus seems to be quite pleased, smiling suddenly. Darkness, my only friend... He scowls intensely at Artus as he unceremoniously cuts his reunion short.

"Looks particularly deadly. Artus, you like to meet danger head on and are well equipped to do so! Please, be my guest," he says dryly, gesturing towards the path. Maybe that light will go out of if you happen to drop... that wayfinder.

________
My climb is a joke and survival isn't much better :/ Get it Artus!

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch 1 | HP: 7/8 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 (8 Fl) | F: +1, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor

Robyyn relishes the gusts of air that rush through the passages, holding out his arms to catch the wind. Once, when the gust is particularly strong, he allows it to catch and even lift him briefly before softly drifting back down to the passage floor.

When the footing becomes dangerous, he exerts more caution, looking from one side to another, and trying to determine where this path is ultimately leading.

------------
Is Climb/Survival being used to travel down? If so, Robyyn has a continuous feather fall effect that can get him down safely without the need for rolls. Otherwise, he has Climb -1 and Survival +1, and should probably not be making these rolls.

Dark Archive

Consortium|| Consortium (CORE)||Cosmic

The way down into the asteroid is made up of multiple tunnels and cliffs. Basically the checks are for navigating them, so feather fall would not help in this case.

The Exchange

Male Human Telekineticist 1 | HP 11/11 (0NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | F+5 R+6 W+1 | Perception +5 | Init +4 | CMB 0 | CMD 14

Zandu looks skeptically at the drop-offs before shrugging his shoulders. "If you need a grapple attached, I can help, but that's about it. Lead the way."

Climb is -2 and Survival is +1. I can use basic telekinesis to move around a grapple if it helps.

Aid Another Climb: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17

Dark Archive

Consortium|| Consortium (CORE)||Cosmic

Pushing us forward so we can stay on schedule.
Artus Climb #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Artus Climb #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Perception:

Robyyn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Ayrii: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Kronas: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Artus: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Zandu: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Menarul: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Lutorinus: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

The half-elf proves to be a skilled climber, and deftly navigates the slippery tunnels and chasms, leading the party towards the bottom. As you approach the frozen reservoir below, everyone except for Kronas and Menarul see the shadow of a massive leviathan moving through the ice below.

Knowledge Planes or Religion DC 15:
Something about the leviathan is off, and it appears to be some sort of spirit that's being controlled. You recognize that this is probably a haunt.

So everyone besides Kronas and Menarul can attempt the above Knowledge check, and they get a surprise round action.

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch 1 | HP: 7/8 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 (8 Fl) | F: +1, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor

Robyyn in untrained in both skills.

The elderly sylph merely stares at the leviathan in wonder. Is this the snake that was foretold, or some other danger? Robyyn slowly draws a wand from where it's hung by his side, fingering the knurled handle to ensure he grabs the right one. He gently taps it against his side, activating its protective energy.

Action:

Standard action: activate wand of mage armor for a +4 armor bonus to AC

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Unchained Rogue (Rake/Scout Archtypes) / Level 2 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 17/17 | F +1 R +6 W +2 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +9 Low light vision

Artus takes a breather once he gets down to the bottom then gasps in wonder at the amazing and strange sights in front of him.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Dark Archive

Consortium|| Consortium (CORE)||Cosmic
Artus Finardian wrote:

Artus takes a breather once he gets down to the bottom then gasps in wonder at the amazing and strange sights in front of him.

[dice=perception]1d20+9

Perception was already rolled for everyone above, and you already made the check. You can attempt the above Knowledge check, as well as make a surprise round action. Or are you choosing to not take any action?

Silver Crusade

Spells:
-/3/0/0/0/0 | arcane mark 1/1 | comprehend languages 0/1 | message 1/1 | read magic 1/1 | wand CLW 5/5
Male Gnome Bard (arcane duelist) 2 | HP 14/16 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 13 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Spd 20' | Perc +5 (low-light) | Init +5 | Performance 7/9 | Eternal Hope 1/1

With Menarul's song still stuck in his head, Kronas follows Artus down through the asteroid whistling away, blissfully unaware of the dangers lurking in the shadows.
_______
Forgot to mention earlier that Kronas cast dancing lights as soon as it got dark. Totally fine if it's too late now though ;)

The Exchange

Male Human Telekineticist 1 | HP 11/11 (0NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | F+5 R+6 W+1 | Perception +5 | Init +4 | CMB 0 | CMD 14

"That doesn't look good..." Zandu will mutter when gazing upon the shadow of the leviathan. He takes up a defensive stance, coin held steady in one hand.

Don't have either of those knowledge skills. Will use a standard action to do Total Defense, +4 dodge bonus to AC for the round.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 2| HP: 15/15 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 12 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init +3 | Perception +9, 120ft Darkvision, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Infernal Healing 46/50; Wand of CLW 7/10; Wand of Bless 48/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 5/6 Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1; Disguise Kit 10/10

"By the Nine..." he mutters as the incredibly large snake passes beneath them. Unsure of what may happen next, Lutorinus splits himself in two. There is no way I could stand a blow from this beast... Let's hope it doesn't come to that!

________

Rolls:

Planes, DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Using my copycat ability to produce 1 mirror image.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Unchained Rogue (Rake/Scout Archtypes) / Level 2 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 17/17 | F +1 R +6 W +2 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +9 Low light vision

Artus is drawing his blade and continuing to look around. His senses says something is about to attack he hopes it isn't the giant snake thing.

He drops into a defensive stance. Fighting defensively.

Liberty's Edge

M Half-elf
Stats:
Alchemist (bramble brewer, grenadier) 1| HP 10/10 | AC: 16/ T: 12/FF: 14 | F:+2/R: +4/W: +2 | CMB +2 | CMD 14 | Speed 30 | Int. +2 | Perc. +6 | S.M. +0 | Bombs 5/5 | Mutagen 1/1 | Extracts 1/1 and 1/1

Menarul follows Artus down through the tunnels. After realizing he wouldn't have to be climbing the entire time, he takes his notebook out again and continues taking notes, unconsciously humming along with Kronas. He stays blissfully unaware of the thing moving around them.

Dark Archive

Consortium|| Consortium (CORE)||Cosmic

The huge snake like creature suddenly turns and charges straight at the Pathfinders, through the ice, and up into the darkness, as if passing right through you.

Everyone must pass a DC 13 Will save or be panicked for 1 round. Due to the icy terrain here though, it requires a DC 15 Acrobatics check to move more than half speed, or fall prone. More may happen depending on if you fail the Acrobatics check, but I'll take care of that after you roll. Summary: make the Will, save you're good, fail it, and you take off running and need an Acrobatics check.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Cleric of Asmodeus 2| HP: 15/15 | AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 16 CMD: 12 | F+4 R+3 W+6 | Init +3 | Perception +9, 120ft Darkvision, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Infernal Healing 46/50; Wand of CLW 7/10; Wand of Bless 48/50; Channel Negative 3/3; Copycat 5/6 Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1; Disguise Kit 10/10

It'll take more than some petty parlor tricks to dissuade me. "What is the meaning of this?" Lutorinus calls out to the vision. "Do any of you have an idea about what is going on?"

Rolls:

Will Save, DC 13: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch 1 | HP: 7/8 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 (8 Fl) | F: +1, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor

Rolls:

Will DC 13: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Acrobatics DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

The huge snake, rising through the ice to engulf him, is more than the primed mind of Robyyn can bear. The spirit's vision did its work most effectively, sending the old sylph into a panic that leaves him streaking across the ice. He shows surprisingly better form than might be expected from someone of his age, springing forward with good speed and sure feet.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-elf
Stats:
Alchemist (bramble brewer, grenadier) 1| HP 10/10 | AC: 16/ T: 12/FF: 14 | F:+2/R: +4/W: +2 | CMB +2 | CMD 14 | Speed 30 | Int. +2 | Perc. +6 | S.M. +0 | Bombs 5/5 | Mutagen 1/1 | Extracts 1/1 and 1/1

Rolls:

Will save, DC13: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

As the snake rushes by, Menarul gives a bark of exclamation. He then looks up and gives Kronas a sharp look. "Don't create illusions in a place like this! You'll scare people half to death. Look at how much you made Robyyn run!" he angrily berates the gnome as he puts his notebook and charcoal away.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Unchained Rogue (Rake/Scout Archtypes) / Level 2 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 17/17 | F +1 R +6 W +2 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +9 Low light vision

will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Shuddering with fear Artus takes a deep breath and holds his position.
He looks around to see what caused this.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Silver Crusade

Spells:
-/3/0/0/0/0 | arcane mark 1/1 | comprehend languages 0/1 | message 1/1 | read magic 1/1 | wand CLW 5/5
Male Gnome Bard (arcane duelist) 2 | HP 14/16 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 13 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Spd 20' | Perc +5 (low-light) | Init +5 | Performance 7/9 | Eternal Hope 1/1

Kronas sees something shiny on the floor and bends down to pick it up. By the time he looks up again, Robyyn has taken off through the darkness with surprising agility and Manarul is chastising him "Wha... I didn't do anything!" He says, looking genuinely hurt "I swear I didn't..." He sees that Robyyn is getting quite far away now and calls after him to slow down as he carefully follows "What happened?"

Will, bonus against fear effects: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 2 = 19
Know. Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
_______
Am I allowed to make the knowledge check? If I am, Kronas will relay the information as soon as he realises what just happened.

101 to 150 of 191 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Turmoil's Cosmic Captive (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.