Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Forged in Steel - Chicago & Gary by Night - A Second Edition Vampire the Masquerade Story

Game Master Dennis Harry

Forged in Steel - Connections


51 to 100 of 176 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status
James L. Sheridan wrote:
Storyteller SIN wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Per your freebie math I added a point of Courage (3->4) (and hence Willpower 6 -> 7) and a point of Contacts (1).

Ok.


Shadow's Status

I believe we are just waiting for our Second Tremere to make his appearance. If you are in a scene with a PC, feel free to keep RPing and I will bring you around to an NPC soon enough.

We are also waiting for one latecomer to join us and that should take place by next week. That will give us two tables of 7.

This will be a very free form experience, several events will take place at the party and as time marches forward most of you will witness most of the events which will lead some of you to continue on at this table and others to be shifted to the second Milwaukee table. You will see each other once more at the FINAL table [unless of course you die :-)] which will be the Capstone of the adventure. Like I said, abut two years or so from now.


Blood Pool 9/10; Willpower 7/7
Storyteller SIN wrote:

I believe we are just waiting for our Second Tremere to make his appearance. If you are in a scene with a PC, feel free to keep RPing and I will bring you around to an NPC soon enough.

We are also waiting for one latecomer to join us and that should take place by next week. That will give us two tables of 7.

This will be a very free form experience, several events will take place at the party and as time marches forward most of you will witness most of the events which will lead some of you to continue on at this table and others to be shifted to the second Milwaukee table. You will see each other once more at the FINAL table [unless of course you die :-)] which will be the Capstone of the adventure. Like I said, abut two years or so from now.

Niiiiice


Shadow's Status
Dalton Michaels wrote:
Bradley Maurer wrote:

If my specialty applies and those work the same as in V20, that's 3 successes - 1 botch, net two.

In 2E a 10 on a specialty roll gave you another die to roll, not an additional success (personally, I think the V20 version of the rule was an improvement).

Excellent point Talomyr. The upside is that if you roll ANOTHER 10, you could have the possibility of a third success whereas a Botch on that roll did not count.

However, I think this gives us our first instance of a House Rule. Let's have 10's on specialty rolls just count twice without re-rolls, in PbP it is just easier to manage. I did that recently in my 2ed Werewolf the Apocalypse game here on the boards and it has made my life as ST much easier over there.


Shadow's Status

The format I am using for responses is a bit different than what I use in my V20 game as here I am including all of the PC interactions in one post not multiple posts. Once PCs are in different locations I'll break up posts a bit so my posts are not overly long.

The two posts last night was because I realized I missed a few interactions after the fact...


9th Generation Tremere | Blood: 7/14 | Willpower: 8/8
Storyteller SIN wrote:
Dalton Michaels wrote:
Bradley Maurer wrote:

If my specialty applies and those work the same as in V20, that's 3 successes - 1 botch, net two.

In 2E a 10 on a specialty roll gave you another die to roll, not an additional success (personally, I think the V20 version of the rule was an improvement).

Excellent point Talomyr. The upside is that if you roll ANOTHER 10, you could have the possibility of a third success whereas a Botch on that roll did not count.

However, I think this gives us our first instance of a House Rule. Let's have 10's on specialty rolls just count twice without re-rolls, in PbP it is just easier to manage. I did that recently in my 2ed Werewolf the Apocalypse game here on the boards and it has made my life as ST much easier over there.

I accidentally did it right the first time! Retroactively! :)


Shadow's Status

Heh, as I am updating my Dark Ages game I can't help to think that this campaign will be checkers whereas that one is chess :-)

Enjoying this one so far though, I'll see if I can't get another update in tonight but I still have about 7 other threads to hit first...


12th generation Tremere | Blood Pool: 9/11 | Willpower: 6/6

...am I in the right place?


Shadow's Status
Randolph Miller wrote:
...am I in the right place?

Yes indeed, you have found the discussion thread! :-)


Hm... It seems I missed the part where 4 points grant a specialty. So I added them for Perception (Intuitive) and Wits (Creative).


Shadow's Status

I'll get to this tonight or tomorrow, RL and work issues have me backed up the past few days.


Shadow's Status

Can't get enough Vampire? Try Darkness in Valencia. Recruiting opened yesterday!


Shadow's Status

Once we get there do not worry, I'll start asking for dice rolls!


Male Toreador

Hey all, I had a family member pass away over this past weekend, so my next few days will be full of family and funeral stuff. This coming weekend is also commencement at the university I work for, which generally takes up a chunk of my time. My posting will be a bit spotty this week as a result. I’ll still check in and post as I can though!


Shadow's Status
Julian Preston wrote:
Hey all, I had a family member pass away over this past weekend, so my next few days will be full of family and funeral stuff. This coming weekend is also commencement at the university I work for, which generally takes up a chunk of my time. My posting will be a bit spotty this week as a result. I’ll still check in and post as I can though!

My condolences.


12th Generation Ventrue Max Blood Pool/Current: 8/10 | Willpower 5/5

My condolences Julian. Take care of yourself and your family.


13th Gen Ventrue | Blood Pool:7/10 | Willpower: 6/6

ditto. Best to you and family


Nosferatu (Blood Pool 8/14; Willpower 6/6)

My condolences as well


9th Generation Tremere | Blood: 7/14 | Willpower: 8/8
Julian Preston wrote:
Hey all, I had a family member pass away over this past weekend, so my next few days will be full of family and funeral stuff. This coming weekend is also commencement at the university I work for, which generally takes up a chunk of my time. My posting will be a bit spotty this week as a result. I’ll still check in and post as I can though!

Oof. That sucks. :(


9th Generation Ventrue | Bloodpool: 9/14 | Willpower: 7/7

Condolences. Spend the time you need with family.


Sorry to hear that.


Shadow's Status

Updates between tomorrow and Friday crazy few days.


Male Toreador

Thanks everyone. Trying to get caught back up on my games now.


Shadow's Status

There is a LOT to unpack here. I will try to get to the update by tomorrow if not then Saturday. However, the driving force behind great Vampire RP is generally PC to PC anyway so keep it up! :-)


13th Gen Ventrue | Blood Pool:7/10 | Willpower: 6/6

just a heads up. I will be afk today


Male 8th Generation Gangrel

Hello everyone! I think it was mentioned that I'd be in later, and here I am! Kent is a rough-and-tumble kind of guy and has reluctantly re-entered Kindred politics at large after a fight with his sire several years ago. His sire was not part of the Camarilla (although he is) and his siring caused some problems; he wasn't killed due to some political favors but ever since then has done his best to remain on the good side of the Prince while maintaining minimal contact. However, such things never last, and he's back in the thick of things despite his best efforts.

PS: I'm new to this system; I've played NWoD but never this. It's similar but I'm unfamiliar with certain things so feel free to correct me if I screw anything up.


Nosferatu (Blood Pool 8/14; Willpower 6/6)

Welcome aboard, Kent and Kent's player.

:)

Hope Shane doesnt' seem like too much of a hard ass there, but the masquerade is top on his list for don't violate as they hunt down the ugly guys first.


Shadow's Status

Updates from me tonight.


Male 8th Generation Gangrel

Not at all!

I thought I wrote that he muttered it (as in, more of an aside that no one around him was going to hear) but I didn't. Still, it feels a little fitting since Kent isn't exactly as in-tune with the way things work as other characters may be.


Shadow's Status

Later today I'll be updating. Trying to get another new game up and reading a bunch of posts in an ongoing Eberron game I just got into was the set of culprits tonight.

Sorry for the delay but I see the PCs are still moving forward with the action.

Just to show how sorry I am I'll award 2 XP for excellent RP right out of the gate!


Shadow's Status

927 posts in 25 days and I'm still behind in the games I DM LOL.

I'll start catching up now... updates coming!


Shadow's Status

Updates coming soon..


13th Gen Ventrue | Blood Pool:7/10 | Willpower: 6/6

quick question just because I don't have easy access to the Vamp books at present. What are the ramifications of a vampire drinking another vamp's blood? I recall something about blood bonding (I think it has to happen multiple times to take full effect). Totally no idea what would happen to "circulate" the blood as my "date" is proposing.


Shadow's Status
Iron John Anderson wrote:
quick question just because I don't have easy access to the Vamp books at present. What are the ramifications of a vampire drinking another vamp's blood? I recall something about blood bonding (I think it has to happen multiple times to take full effect). Totally no idea what would happen to "circulate" the blood as my "date" is proposing.

It requires 3 drinks to become Blood Bound.

With one there are no real effects.

With two there is a kinship that is more story driven than mechanical.

In most PMs I placed a level of Blood Bond to your Sire, if you are already Bound you can rink freely as you can not be in Thrall to more than one Vampire anyway.


Male 8th Generation Gangrel

Since you didn't mention it, should I assume I have no Blood Bond to Beckett? It... doesn't really seem his style to bind me like that, and given that we're at odds with each other it doesn't make a ton of sense that he would have Bound me. I just want to make sure on this.


Shadow's Status
Kent Atherton wrote:
Since you didn't mention it, should I assume I have no Blood Bond to Beckett? It... doesn't really seem his style to bind me like that, and given that we're at odds with each other it doesn't make a ton of sense that he would have Bound me. I just want to make sure on this.

Correct 1/3rd only as any Child is to their Sire.


12th Generation Ventrue Max Blood Pool/Current: 8/10 | Willpower 5/5

I'll be attending PaizoCon this weekend. Posting will be pretty sporadic until Monday. If you are attending, let me know and we can say hello.


Male Toreador

Awesome, have fun! Feel free to spill the beans on what the new AP will be!!


12th Generation Ventrue Max Blood Pool/Current: 8/10 | Willpower 5/5

I'll let you know what I find out.


13th Gen Ventrue | Blood Pool:7/10 | Willpower: 6/6

ooo, have fun!


Shadow's Status

I am enjoying running this so far.

By the end of next week I will move to scenes with a bit more tension. :-)


Shadow's Status

City Preferences:

Chicago
Morgrym,
Tyrell

Milwaukee
Iron John

ST SIN/Regent Choice:

Julian,
Morag,
Patrick,
Bradley,
Kent,
Randoplh,
James,
Shane,
Dalton,
Rick,
Charlotte.

Still correct?


9th Generation Gangrel | Bloodpool: 9/14 | Willpower: 7/7

I had a preference for Chicago, but would not throw a fit if you needed me to go to Milwaukee for story/balance reasons.


9th Generation Tremere | Blood: 7/14 | Willpower: 8/8

I'm good with wherever.


Male Toreador

Yep, I'm happy wherever you decide!


12th generation Tremere | Blood Pool: 9/11 | Willpower: 6/6

Same.


9th Generation Ventrue | Bloodpool: 9/14 | Willpower: 7/7

Chicago is my preference, but I'm prepared to be flexible. Whatever helps the story.


12th Generation Ventrue Max Blood Pool/Current: 8/10 | Willpower 5/5

I'm good with whatever city you choose.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
12th Generation Ventrue Max Blood Pool/Current: 8/10 | Willpower 5/5

Hardcover announced tonight at PaizoCon Ultimate Wilderness. New class: Shifter. February 2018 Adventure Path War for the Crown. Set in Taldor. It moves the timeline forward.I think the Book of the Damned had already been announced.


11th Generation Malkavian [ Blood Pool 9/12 | Willpower 5/5 | Humanity 6/6 ]

I'm okay with either, too.

Morag Darrow wrote:
Hardcover announced tonight at PaizoCon Ultimate Wilderness. New class: Shifter. February 2018 Adventure Path War for the Crown. Set in Taldor. It moves the timeline forward.I think the Book of the Damned had already been announced.

Oooh, interesting.

51 to 100 of 176 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Forged in Steel - Anarch Territory - Chicago & Gary by Night Discussion Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.