Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown

Game Master Finkmilkana


351 to 400 of 936 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict smiles warmly at the acolyte, "I suppose that we will need to wait for Father Grimburrow unless maybe you can help us. We wish access to some records from the town's history. Can you get us access to whatever archives may exist?"


"I don't know, usually we let no outsiders access them. Do you have a letter of recommendation or something similar?"

An diplomacy check please if you want to persuade him.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Let me explain our intentions. We have educated guesses, that our old friend, the professor, had found something strange in the records about the prison of Harrowstone. We are eager to solve this riddle and therefor we are in need to study the documents, which remain here in Ravengro.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


"Is that so? Very interesting, although tell me, why should I take the word of some strangers for it? Not that I would believe that, but for all I know the rumors could be true and you are necromancers or the like. Besides the risk that you could accidentally destroy something important is far to high to take."

It seems you have to either get better at persuading people or get a better reputation in the town.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Torald reaches for his amulet and shows it to the acolyte.
I thought, the temple of Pharasma teaches his acolytes better. Do you know in which deity's name this amulet has been consecrated? Do you realy think, that an servant of Sarenrae operates with necromancers? Your deity and mine are standing shoulder to shoulder against the undead plague. Why should you distrust me and my comrades? If you want proof that my words are true, I'm ready to be tested by an cleric of your order.

Diplomacy1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla steps forward and speaks to Father Grimburrow. She looks at him with watery eyes.

"Father, can I say something on behalf of these people? You see, I'm not much more than a little orphaned girl... as you can imagine, there's no way I would ever be able to do that nergo... necrot... necromancy thing. They have taken me in and have been protecting and providing for me, and during all the time we've been together I've got nothing but the nicest things to say about them. I know I'm a good girl, and I know in my heart they are good too. Please let them help. There's something wrong about Harrowstone and they are here to find out what, so that we can all sleep in peace again."

Bluff 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
I hate Paizo's dice roller. Here's to hoping for an equally bad Sense Motive check.


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

"This is useless..." Ash says, finding more interest in a patch of dirt on the ground than the acolyte.

Turning to his companions he says, "Everyone has painted us as necromancers in this town, no one will give us a break."

Sighing, he shifts his weight and folds his arms across his chest staring blankly at the ground.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Correction: Lyla speaks to the acolyte


Sense Motive:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Ignoring the child he still focuses on Torald "What? You are not even a follower of Pharassma? The archives also contain some of our most holy texts. For you to enter it would indeed need a very good reason."

Sense Motive DC 5:
It seems he wants to tell you that for him to let you in he would want to be given a reason. Or in other words, he seems slightly corrupt. Maybe a donation to the church or a "small present" to him could make him more benevolent. Or you could try to increase your standing with the townfolk and later ask someone else.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Kalina has seen this kind of thing at the temple before.Good brother, I am myself an acolyte to Pharasma at the temple in Hart's Blood. Shows him her holy symbol.

I know you want nothing more than to protect Her Holy Scriptures, and tend to Her flock here in Ravengro. Perhaps this small donation to the maintenance of her temple will convince you of our good will.

Offers him a silver piece.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


He just looks at the silver piece pitifull "Hmm well, maybe I can get you access, but it will take a few days or weeks to get everything ordered."


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict looks slightly pained, "I'm afraid we really need to see the records sooner than that. Maybe a larger gift would help it along?" He pulls out a gold piece and holds it in the palm of his hand.


He smirks slightly, "That's more like it. Make it ten and you can look into them allready tomorrow.
Besides the girl, to risky that she damages something."


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

"Here" Raoul hands the Acolyte 9 gold pieces.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

ohhh finally they're getting someone, I really want to read some of those. Though want does he mean be the girl might damage something? Might inquire about that later... no matter at least those books will come round tomorrow.

Cerana thinks as she sits quietly in the back, she thought she couldn't really contribute anything to the conversation infront of her.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

"Wait, what? You're not letting me in?" Lyla seems outraged. "Fine!" Lord Bramwell, you go inside and be my eyes and ears.

Lyla smiles falsely at the acolyte and looks for a bench in the temple. "I'll just sit and wait, then." She keeps smiling at the acolyte until he's no longer looking, and then changes to a hateful expression.

You just wait for me, mister.


Female Elf Magus 1

Tahlaera catches Lyla's dark look and pats the child on the head. "Don't take it so hard. You'll be an adult in the blink of an eye, and then they can't use your age as an excuse."


"Very well, I'll prepare the necessary papers until tomorrow morning. If you could come by at 10 am I'll let you in. Until then is there anything else you desire?"


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

"Is there any chance that we could just get the list of those who died in Harrowstone when it burned down?"

Diplomacy:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


"I don't have one", he makes a short break as if thinking, "and actually I believe they never put one together. While the list of the dead guards can be found on the monument, no one cared to compile a list of the inmates. But I haven't heared that any survived thus a simple list of the prisoners should contain them all. Maybe there is one in our archives or the town hall's."


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

"Well then, I suggest we visit the town hall now and see what records they have. Then tomorrow morning we can return here and look at the temple's archives." Benedict looks to the rest of the group to gauge their opinions.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

I agree.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Sounds fine to me. Kalina gives the acolyte a dark look for taking bribes, and worse, taking bribes for information he didn't have.


Female Elf Magus 1

Tahlaera just shakes her head, arms crossed. She mutters quietly, "I wonder if the officials at town hall have some sort of 'fee' for looking at their archives...."


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

Nods at Tahlaera. "Probably." Ash says.


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

"I am also ready to go."


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

"As am I, no use loitering around here when there is nothing to gain"


You bid farewell to the acolyth and make your way to the town hall only find it closed with a sign reading:"Ravengro Town Hall. Office hours 10 to 12 am. Please make an appointment."

Just as an reminder: It is late afternoon, between 5 and 6 pm.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict sighs deeply. "I guess we know what we will be doing tomorrow morning."


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

"Unless anyone can think of anything else we have to do today, I suggest heading back to Kendra's house."


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

We might go together to the library of the professor. Maybe we find there anything valuable for our investigation.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Yes, maybe we can help Kendra look for anything else that's useful at the library. Kalina tries not to appear too eager to go back to the professor's house.


Without having found out anything new about the prison you head back home.
There Kendra is still searching her fathers books for anything useful but without luck.

If you want to start helping her make an Knowledge (history or local, can be made untrained in this case) check. Since usually it is required to spend a whole day (lets say 8 hours) searching if you want to search only for a few hours, roll again for every two hours your search is short of 8 and take the worst result. In effect if you only want to search 1 hour roll 4 times and take the worst result.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Knowledge History for 4 hours of research: 1)1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16 2)1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15 -> Result: 15


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

Knowledge History for 4 hours.1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Result is 7


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Lord Bramwell aids Kendra in her research during the next 4 hours.

Knowledge (history) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Knowledge (history) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla sits in Kendra's living room biting her nails while Lord Bramwell, Torald and Raoul help Kendra research. She turn to the group and asks "Are we going to split up tomorrow morning? We have to be at 10 at the temple and no later than 12 at the townhall... it's a little tight."

Without looking to anyone specifically, she adds "We could invite the sheriff to stop by tonight so he'll know we're innocent if someone goes out doing bad stuff to the city again..."


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

That is a quite good idea, Lyla.


Female Elf Magus 1

Tahlaera follows along back to the professor's house quietly. She volunteers to assist Kendra with the research as well, and spends the remainder of the day poring over old tomes and trying to keep out of her fellow researchers' way.

She'll spend 8 hours researching.
Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Without a word Cerana gleefully starts going through the books. Silently enjoying all that she is reading even if it won't get her anywhere.

Cerana will also spend 8 hours
Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla looks at Torald as he speaks to her. "Which one? Splitting up or calling the sheriff?" She focuses again on biting her nails. "If we split up, I think Lord Bramwell and I can keep the two parties in touch, since the townhall and the temple are not too far apart. We can speak in each other's head." She looks to the ceiling thinking for a while. "He might feel a little sick, though."

Looking bored, she darts discretely at Kendra with the corner of her eyes. "Soooo... is there gonna be dinner or is it all books?", finishing with a wide smile.


"Since it seems some of you are more interested with researching than with food going to the Demon seems to be out of the picture. Either someone goes there and gets us something or we have to eat what we find in our kitchen. Let's see." she goes into the kitchen. "Well, we could make some fried potatoes with bacon, onions and egg. Or we eat some brown bread with butter, honey, cheese and the like. I fear I was never a great cook and thats all of which I have enough for everyone."

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina had always wanted to spend more time with books, but at the temple they had always assigned her to grunt work instead, saving the history and religion lessons for the "real" acolytes.

Kalina finds the 8 hours she spends perusing the books restful. If she finds a useful tidbit of knowledge that would be a grand bonus.

Knowledge History: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

I meant calling the sheriff


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Lord Bramwell overhears Torald and Lyla's conversation while flipping through a book. He scans the room and notives Ash and Dr. Benedict are not researching. "Lyla, why don't you take Dr. Benedict or Ash and go get your friends some dinner, then? You can invite the sheriff over on the way home." It would be a nice thing to do.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Yeah, yeah. Whatever.

Lyla stands up. "Ash? Will you come with me?", the girl asks, and then, turning to Dr. Darcy, extends the invitation. "... or you, doctor?"

Does it have to be him, Lord Bramwell? He reminds me of master, with his tools and talks about studying bodies and all. The girl shudders at the thought of her old life.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict looks up from his personal studies at the mention of his name. He smiles warmly at Lyla, although his forehead furrows for a moment when he senses her hesitation. "I would be very happy to accompany you on such a task. Food and a chance to talk with the sheriff would be quite welcome. Considering that some townsfolk are convinced that we are nefarious in some way, it would probably be a good idea to keep in groups of three or more. Don't you think Ash?"


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

"I could use a walk, Let's go little one." Ash says, eager to be outside.
"We should stop by the sheriff's before we hit the Demon though, I think."

Ash starts to head toward the door not waiting to see if Lyla is coming or not.


The three of you leave and make your way to Sheriff's office.
You find sitting at his table and filling some paperwork.
"Good afternoon, how may I help you? Don't say Gibs did something stupid."

The results of the Knowledge checks are coming soon.


Knowledge checks are out, whoever got nothing should have had a check below 15 (or non at all)

351 to 400 of 936 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.