Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown

Game Master Finkmilkana


301 to 350 of 936 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

I just wrote it wrong for Cerana and then used copy/paste. It's two scrolls of Hide from Undead.
Was that allready meant as decision to go back?

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2
Finkmilkana wrote:

Was that allready meant as decision to go back?

I am fine with heading back, once we've identified as much as we can. And once I offer Tahlaera the additional +5hp of healing.

That's pretty much my 15 minute workday for a first level spellcaster, anyway.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict takes a few minutes to search the room one more time, just to satisfy himself that they had found everything of interest in the room.

Perception Check: 20 + 5 = 25
If I don't find anything then I am ready to head back too.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

I'm fine with leaving too, as there seems to be no other place to go except out.


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

Snatches up the arrows, placing them in his quiver, he sneaks back out of the room.
stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla hands one of the haunt siphons to Kalina and is ready to leave.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Ash, did you see that Kalina handed you the arrows and told you what they do, a few posts ago? Or maybe you just wanted to practice your sneaking?


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

Yeah, sorry, I was a bit vague when I said that I snatched them up. But, what I meant was that as you were giving them to me I snatched them out of your hands and then immediately took to walking out, but I wanted to try and stealth out so no one on the outside would notice that I came from there.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

I think, we should share out the Healing Potions and the haunt siphons. It will be better when several of us can use them simultaneously. Myself wants none of them, because I will be in the frontline when we encounter these haunts and I am able to heal myself without these potions.


You head back out of the false crypt and close the door behind you as it was and make your way back over the Restlands.

A perception check by everyone please


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla's Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Lord Bramwell's Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

As the group exits the crypt, Benedict pulls up the collar of his coat and keeps it up until he feels the effects of the mutagen wear off.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina holds the haunt siphon closely and debates when to use it.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Edit: ... and walks into a wall. What is it with Kalina and the 1s? The haunting must be getting to her.


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

Perception:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

A chill creeps up Ash's spine as he peers around.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6


Female Elf Magus 1

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Benedict:
You notice a grave that bears a startling inscription:
Quote:


Come to my world, and be as I;
as I am now, soon you will be;
embrace your end and witness me.

Kalina, Died 4661 AR


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict lags behind the group his attention momentary drawn to the side. He pulls out his formulae book and makes some notes in the margin and then catches up with the group. "Let's hurry to the house and get these potions spread out. The restoration potions should go to the one's not in the front line, they can distribute them as needed. I have my own healing potion that I can make every day, everyone else should take the others. Once we are ready I would like to go to the temple and get that list."

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Once back at the house, Kalina spreads the items out on a table for people to take as best suits them:

Sunrods (4)

Flasks of Holy Water (6)

Potions of Cure Light Wounds (6)

Potions of Lesser Restoration (2)

Lyla
*Spirit Board with Scarab Insignia
*Haunt Siphon (3)

Kalina
*Scroll of Protection from Evil (1)
*Scroll of Detect Undead (1)
*Scroll of Hide from Undead (2)
*Haunt Siphon (1)

Ash
*Silver Arrows (non-magical) (12)
*Magical Arrows Unidentified (10)
*Magical Arrows Unidentified (5)
*Magical Arrows Unidentified (2)

Ash, now that we have more time, I might be able to do a better job identifying the arrows. Would you like me to try? Also, I wonder if any of the other fighters could use some too?

If he says yes, she'll take 20 to do spellcraft on the arrows.
20 + 4 = 24 total to try to identify each group of arrows.

Kalina approaches Torald tentatively, as if a little afraid of him Would you be able to use these scrolls, Sir Knight? If not, I will use them for the group, if nobody minds. Also, do you recognize this scarab? It makes me think of an unholy symbol, but I don't recognize it, do you? (No Knowledge Religion yet, I'm afraid)

As for the rest of the things, well, I can heal myself too, of course. Maybe the people who can't should each carry a healing potion. Some others could use the sunrods more than me. I wouldn't mind carrying some Holy Water, and I'll hold onto a Restoration Potion for the group, if that's okay.

I'm embarrassed to slow us down, but may I rest for a few hours before heading to the temple? I'm so tired...AND THIRSTY!


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Sense Motiv: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Torald turns to Kalina and speaks with a warm an caring voice
Young Lady, you have not to be afraid of me. I know that my kind sometimes enjoys the reputation of being too purposeful in our way. But I walk the path of those who spread their belief with their deeds and not with forcing others in their faith. There is only one kind of living being that has to fear my holy wrath and that are those, who are willing to handle with necromantic magic and those only when there is no other way to lead them from this vile path. If you wan't, we both could talk about your concerns over me or my kind.

Unfortunately I'm not very used to read scrolls. It would be better would be better if you keep them for the group. But I would take one of the flasks of holy water

Turning to the Scarab she holds in his hand

Now let's see if I could recognize this symbol

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Hm, unfortunately this Symbol says nothing to me.


The arrow are magical as follows:
10 +1 Arrows
5 +1 Ghost Touch Arrows
2 +1 Undead Bane Arrows

Knowledge:History
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

As you return home Kendra also comes to you "Have you found anything? If yes you were far more successful than I. Either my father didn't have any books about Harrowstone or I'm searching in the wrong places. The only thing I have found is this short entry '4661: The great prison of Harrowstone burned down.' Well, that we did already know. Maybe the Townhall or the Tempel has some local records or Alendru owns some books about it."


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

"That might be worth looking into. We found some items within the crypt." Cerana points at the table. "Strangely though the locks had already burnt through with acid though I cannot confirm who did that. If you need help looking through books I'd be more than happy to help, I'm much better at reading." She adds happily.


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

"I'll take a healing potion." Responding to Kendra "I believe the temple is our next stop, so we should have some idea of the Harrowstone soon"


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Bennedict perks up at Kendra's words, "Harrowstone burnt down in 4661? That is very interesting indeed." He pulls out the rubbing he took of the memorial. As he is reading over the names he distractedly tells the rest of the group, "In the cemetery I saw a headstone with the name Kalina on it. It said she died in the year 4661." He points vaguely toward Kalina, "You were born in this town, yes? Perhaps a relative? Was she some how connected to the tragedy?"

Is there a Kalina on the rubbing?


No


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla takes one of the haunt siphons and one healing potion from the table, following Lord Bramwells advice about sharing. After storing the items, she picks up the planchette with the scarab and holds it with both hands, curious about its powers. "How do you work?", she mumbles intrigued.

Following Benedict's questions, Lyla adds casually, without taking her eyes off the planchette and unaware of the veiled accusation in Dr. Darcy's inquiries, "Is Kalina your family name?"


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

After Dr. Benedict's question, Torald looks interested, the answer expecting, to Kalina.

Finkmilkana:
What does my Detect Undead tell me.


Female Elf Magus 1

Tahlaera looks at Kalina with a jaundiced eye as she takes one of the healing potions as well. "I have some knack for figuring out magic like that, if you'd like me to try," she says, looking at Lyla.


Torald:
Nothing

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina looks around the group, frightened that they might think something amiss with her, or guess her secret, or imagine something even worse. Torald's intense gaze almost puts her in a panic. Will the knight discover something awful about her?

Wide-eyed with fright and confusion, she stammers, N-no. I-I mean not that I know of. My m-mother only said
Kalina's voice drops to a barely audible whisper
she s-said I was hideous and sh-should have a n-name to match. I didn't think Kalina was such a hideous-sounding name, but I never wanted to ask her any more about it. I guess I didn't want to know.

Exhausted and near-fainting, Kalina collapses into the nearest chair.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla gives the planchette to Tahlaera. "Please, I'm dying to know!"


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict looks up from the rubbing surprised at everyone looking at Kalina with such intensity, "I did not mean to imply that our Kalina herself is involved in the situation, but perhaps her mother knew something about Harrowstone. Such a connection may have been what brought her to the professor's attention in the first place." He gives Kalina a sad look and says quietly, "Sorry to bring up such a painful memory."


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana kneels down near Kalina. "Are you alright dear? I think your name is still fine regardless of the history behind it. After all its yours now to improve it, isn't it?" Cerana gives a smile. "Don't worry we aren't judging you because of just a name."


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

"It could also just be a coincidence that that someone with a name of a person in our group died in the same year as the fire. I think for now we just ignore it until we have more evidence that the two are connected."

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina looks up gratefully at Darcy, Raoul, and especially Cerana. Could I have finally found people that will look at my actions, and not just judge me for the strange things I have no control over?

Still on the Table Are:
Sunrods (4)
Flasks of Holy Water (4)
Cure Light Wound Potions (3)
Lesser Restoration Potion (1)
Haunt Siphon (2)

Arrows that Kalina has identified, that Ash will likely snatch back unless someone else claims some:
Non-magical Silver Arrows (12)
+1 Arrows (10)
+1 Ghost Touch Arrows (5)
+1 Undead Bane Arrows (2)

Claimed items(let me know if I've missed something):
Kalina
*Scroll of Protection from Evil (1)
*Scroll of Detect Undead (1)
*Scroll of Hide from Undead (2)
*Haunt Siphon (1)
*Potion of Lesser Restoration (1)
*Flask of Holy Water (1)

Lyla
*Spirit Board
*Haunt Siphon (1)
*Cure Light Wounds Potion (1)

Raoul
*Cure Light Wounds Potion (1)

Tahlaera
*Spirit Board Plachette
*Cure Light Wounds Potion (1)


Male Half-Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Chirurgeon) 2

Benedict looks over the table, "I'm pretty good at lobbing bottles at people." He looks at the others and laughs, "Don't ask me why, anyway if no one minds then I will take the holy water."


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

Looking worriedly at Kalina, Ash walks over to her and puts a hand on her shoulder. "Even though we have shortly been introduced, I believe in you. The professor was the only man who ever made me feel like life had meaning. If he believed in you, then know that you are among equals here."

After finishing speaking he moves his hand off Kalina's shoulder, holding it in front of her expectantly. "The arrows?"


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

"I shall take one of those potions, just incase I get swarmed again. As I have no way to heal myself naturally. I shall carry the restoration potion if need be to safeguard as I think we would need to give that to whomever would need it at the time." Cerana states.

"Where should we go next to find answers after sorting out these items, the townhall or the temple? I am fine with looking through records of either if we are to find something about this event of 4661, might give us some clues about 'The Way'."


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

"I believe the temple might be the best place, since we where already going there to get the list."


Female Elf Magus 1

Tahlaera nods at Lyla as she accepts the planchette. Stepping to the side, she studies the item for a few moments, going over the scarab design carefully. She then thrusts the planchette in a safe direction and intones, "Klaatu... verata... n...nlnnr."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19
Use Magic Device (activate blindly): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

What a luck, that my concerns were footless.

Toralds nearly inquisitoral look softens at a moment's notice.
He exhales eased and dons his usual warm-hearted mien.

Noticing Kalina's panikful eyes, Torald makes a step away from her, knowing, that every approach would amplify her fear.

I regret if my interest should have caused this fear in you. I sweat, I will never again look at you like a moment


As Tahlaera waves the planchette around nothing happens at all.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina whispers Thank you all, you are being so kind. I-I'm just going to rest here a bit before we go on.

To Ash What? Oh, of course. The arrows are yours. Don't you want a healing potion? And maybe a flask of holy water to throw at something bad? I bet you have good aim. She gives him a tired smile. He reminds me of that stray puppy we had at the temple dorms for a while. I could never tell if he liked me, or was just waiting for me to drop food.

About Torald He seems... relieved about me. Maybe he didn't see anything bad? I almost think I could talk to him, but no, I'd better wait until I prove myself a bit more first.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

If no one want's to take the other potions I will take a Potion of Cure Light Wounds for emergencies and a Haunt Siphon and another Flask of Holy Water.


Male Elf Ranger 1) [hp 9/10] [init +6; perception +7] [AC: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12] [Fort: +1;Ref: +6;Will: +1]

Glances casually over at Torald before looking back at Kalina, trying to sound jovial but only managing to speak with high pitched squeaking. "Yes, I would want a healing potion and a flask of holy water." Thanks, Kalina.

"I'm ready to head to the temple whenever you are, let us make haste." Ash says to Raoul.


Male Human Fighter(unarmed)1/rogue1

"I'm also ready, however miss Kalina has been saying how she would like to rest. Does anyone else want to stay here to rest as well?"

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

I-I think I'm alright. If we are just going to gather some information, I'll be okay. I just don't have too much healing power left for today.


After only a short while you leave Kendras home again and make your way to the temple. There only an acolyte greets you: "Good evening, you must be the mourners of Professor Lorrimor. If you seek Father Grimburrow, he is visiting the old Hidehorn widow. I would expect him back in an about an hour for the evening prayer."

301 to 350 of 936 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.