Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown

Game Master Finkmilkana


751 to 800 of 936 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Touch Attack if needed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla's eyes pop out and she freezes with Torald's warning. "What, a ghost?!"


Torald:
As your hand reaches the ghost it lets go of Lylas shoulder and lets out a silent scream just as if your touch had burned him.
I'll roll the damage for you since you seem to have forgotten it.

1d6 ⇒ 4


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

In the name of Sarenrae, depart from here ghost.

Torald tries to further channel his powers into the ghost.

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Feeling frustrated that most of her spells are spent and she can do so little, Kalina will say to Lyla If Torald can't defeat the spirit then use one of your haunt siphons!


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Scared with the whole ghost ordeal, Lyla quickly reaches for the haunt siphon in her pocket and opens it with trembling hands, unsure of what it is exactly that she is doing.

Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 2) = 11

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

whoops, sorry. wrong avatar. the blue one should be kalina.


Torald:

As you touch him again his pain seems to get more intense and once Lyla opens the siphon he seems to get less "existent"

As the siphon is opened you see that it seems to absorb something, but since it does become exhausted in the process you don't believe it was quite enough yet to destroy whatever Torald was seeing.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Sarenrae, your humble servant asks you for your support against this vile undead.

Torald tries to further channel his powers into the ghost.

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9


Torald:
With a last silent scream the ghost vanishes.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Would my teammates and GM Fink be alright with just saying we went back to Lorrimor's house for the night and came back the next day? I am down a few hp and would have to use the last spell to inflict light on myself (no one else has inflict spells, I presume). And then I have nothing left but my sickle.


You sure can go back, but something might happen then (since a day passes).

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

well, its up to the rest of you. Maybe you're good to continue. I just have little to offer without a little rest.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

I still have a few spells left, can you use crossbows? I can lend you mine for a bit.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

I have a sickle and a sling, although I'm pretty useless with both. Kalina gives a self-deprecating laugh.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

"If you are able child, you can use the crossbow I have until we go rest. It is a little more powerful than your sling and you should be proficient with it just as much as your sling." Cerana smiles, trying to ignore the talk of ghosts behind her.

What even can I do against something I can not see...?

If I remember right oracles can use a crossbow as it counts as simple, it's 1d10 and doesn't require your strength so should be good for a temp replacement.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

"Is he gone? Is he gone?", Lyla asks, worried about the ghost, still holding the haunt siphon. Noticing Torald's relief, she assumes the ghost has vanished, and sighs. "Wow, this place is creepy, all ghosts and skeletons and stuff."

She approaches the skeleton and pokes it, waiting to see if it's going to react. Then, she starts searching for anything that might be of interest. She says to Bramwell "Why don't you go look around too? Maybe Professor Lorrimore left something behind, if he was coming here all the time..."

Lyla is taking 20 on a perception check in the cell = 22


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Bramwell follows Lyla's suggestion and heads out of the cell, headed to the kitchen. He addresses Kalina. "Miss Kalina, do not worry. Come with me, let's search the floor. I can protect you for now." Despite his words, Lord Bramwell still seems weakened by the fight against the stirges. "After we check the kitchen, we can take a quick look downstairs. Hopefully, we've faced the worst part of it", he says reassuringly.

Bramwell is taking 20 on a perception check in the kitchen = 25


You don't find anything of interest.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

After a while searching the cell, Lyla is frustrated. Found anything?, she mentally asks her eidolon. With his negative, she considers the search oof the floor finished. Hmph, nothing here either.

"Well, here's to nothing! Let's take the stairs!"


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

"Wait, let me go first." Bramwell takes the lead and starts climbing down the stairs, with Lyla right behind him at arm's lenght. Lyla looks back to see who is coming behind her.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina reluctantly comes along, knowing that if she's damaged again no one will be able to help her. And if they try, they'll probably kill her instead.


Map of the first floor is here: Map (and in campaign info)

You slowly walk down the stairs which seem to lead to a hallway which has 4 closed doors, two big at both ends and smaller ones on the side. Left of you is another, collapsed stairway which goes further down. It seems that it was sealed by the trap used when the prisoners revolted.

You stand at S10, S9 is the collapsed stairway.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Unless anyone stops us I will take 20 on perception to look at the doors to see if there are any traps on them, total check: 25.

Cerana looks closely at the doors inspecting them before finally deciding to try to open the door to the north if she deems it safe. Opening the door to S14 if there are no traps.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

While Cerana checks the doors, Torald keeps watch. Knowing now, that there could be invisible undeads, he keeps detect undead active.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla casts detect magic and walks around searching for magical auras.


Male Human (Taldan) wizard (manipulator) 1 / HP 8 of 8 / F+1 R+3 W+3 / AC 13.13.10 / Init. +3 / Perc +0

Bramwell's weakness is visible to all, and Cerana hands him a potion to help him recover. The eidolon uncorks the flask and drinks its content calmly, feeling his health partially restored as he does so.

Potion of Lesser Restoration (Con): 1d4 ⇒ 3


Torald:
The door to the south seems to be infused with some kind of undead energie. The one Cerana opens is not.

Since she can't find any traps Cerana opens the northern door.
On the other side you see what must have been the prisons infirmary, but its in a quite a disarray. Everything in the room looks like it has been tossed around and most things are quite broken. On the western wall seem to be some small, more private sleeping cells.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina will stay close to Torald and Lord Bramwell, not wanting to get caught alone again.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Cerana casts detect magic and looks around the room more closely to see if there's anything of use or any clues to the Way. Uses the same check again, 25.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Something is in or behind the south door. I can feel an undead corruption there.


Everyone with any detection spell active and who actually enters the room please roll a perception check (no take 20 on this one).


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla calls Bramwell and points to the south door mentioned by Torald. The girl and her eidolon move towards it, and he takes the front, hoolding his shield and weapon in a defensive pose. He enters the room and Lyla goes in right after him, maintaining her detective magic spell.

Lyla's Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 w/ detect magic

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina hangs back, trying to stay safe, but willing to offer support if the others need it.


As you enter the room you suddently hear a blood-freezing scream from above as a decayed, partial skeletal and naked man falls out of nowhere before vanishing again shortly before he hits the ground.

Everyone please roll a DC 14 Will Save. If you fails roll 1d4 for the rounds you are frightened (this time it's indeed frightened).
Then go into initiative (you don't have to roll for it, everyone of you can just act once now.)

Torald:
Where the man vanished you see a undead aura, but the creature seems to be invisible.

Cerana and Lyla:
Where the man vanished you see a magic aura. You can discern that it is Illusion magic and that the source moves.

You can roll Knowledge Religion to identify what just happened.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Hangning back-- do i need to make the save?


If you are near the door (up to 15 ft away from it) you have to. It's not clear how far "back" you stayed.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Frightened for 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds
Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Torald flees.


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Cerana is a little shocked at what happens though stands firm. She whispers back to the rest of the group not realising some of them ran.

"Do any of you know what is going on here?"


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla's Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Lord Bramwell's Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 for: 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds

Lyla is more surprised than scared by the falling, screaming skeleton. Lord Bramwell, on the other hand, seems terrified; he pushes Lyla out of the way and starts retreating quickly, paying no mind to his protegeé. Angered by the eidolons reaction, Lyla screams at him, snapping her fingers, "Hey! So, you're leaving me? Take this, then!" As she does so, Lord Bramwell immediately vanishes from the site.

Standard Action: Dismissing Lord Bramwell
Standard action for the next turn: summon a fiendish eagle

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

As some of you are running away in panic a small shard of glass suddently speed from the ground and hits the back of Toralds breastplate with a clackering sound.

Anyone with a detection spell:
You still see the aura hovering in the middle of the room

Kalina still has to roll for the rounds she is frightened.
Besides that assume one round has passed now, so you can act again.

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

1d4 ⇒ 3


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Torald is still fleeing.


May I ask where you flee to?

Grand Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle 2

Kalina is fleeing for 3 rounds. I believe "run" is 4x normal movement. So she'll run 120' up the stairs, towards the door, out the door and outside as far from the prison as she can get with 360' of movement.


Female Halfling Alchemist 3 / HP 18 of 22 / F+3 R+6 W+2 / AC 16.14.13 / Init. +3 / Perc +9

Lyla steps back and turns to Cerana. "You know, maybe Kalina is right and we should go home now..."


Female Elf Wizard 3, HP: 18/18, AC 17/14f/13t, Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will +3, Init: +5, Perception: +9 (darkvision)

"Calm down child, we will be fine. There is nothing to be afraid of here we can fight past this." Cerana attempts to look brave about the situation. Cerana then steps into the room to investigate the area around the floor where the body fell, then the roof.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

751 to 800 of 936 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Finkmilkana's Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.