Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Donato's Planet Hopping Adventures!

Game Master donato

A campaign set to travel the solar system as we know it.


551 to 600 of 922 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

"You can try whatever you want. I think I'll keep my sword handy just in case, though. The term 'face stealer' don't exactly inspire confidence."


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"Not to mention it is inaccurate," Valai says, scoffing. "I still believe those creatures replaced parts of their anatomy with devices, rather than the other way around. Forward, Ms. Deschmertz. Let us attempt diplomacy, indeed."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Okay. Just... I can't really talk to them. I can just understand, so I'll be tellin' ya if things get outta hand."

Lulled into a sense of security that, at worst, the 'face-stealers' would think her a thief, lost, or insane, the gnome made sure her weapons were less than conspicuous and made her way towards the group of residents.

"S-sorry to be interruptin'," she offered, hands out to her sides.
"But my friends and I, we're lost, and we could use a little bit of help-,"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


The room fell silent as Celia made her introduction. The Kethans turned to her and stared with what seemed like blank expressions. There were four in the room and the largest acted first. It stood from a stone bench and lumbered over to Celia. It towered over her, standing nearly eight feet in height. Its movements were slow and precise, but seemed to be a bit hesitant, as if it was approaching with caution rather than a lack of speed.


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

The gnome continued to stand in place, blinking as the alien being sized her up. She seemed quite content to let them examine her as her curiosity was somewhat sated. Still, she wished they were still talking so she could know what the big one was making to do.


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Booker positions his gun to be easily retrievable but keeps it out of sight, then takes his hands out of his pockets and sticks his head out.


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

Valai slowly steps out of hiding - but not so far from the doorway that she can not dart back if she needs to. She addresses the Kethans in an odd language with sibilant qualities, her face unreadable, her eyes dark.

Draconic:
"Good day to you."


The Kethan found its way to Celia and reached out to her. Placing a hand on her helmet, it began to speak. It's voice bellowed deeply and shook Celia to the bone. After a moment, the words began to sound a bit clearer, eventually sounding as pleasent as any noble elf's. The words swirled in hear head, twisting and rearranging until, almost instantly, they made sense to her.

"-stand by now. Please, tell your companion that I do not know her tongue."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Valai, this one says he doesn't know the language you're speaking, and something about standing by."

The gnome continued to stay in place, eyeing the Kethan's hand benignly.

"Do you understand me, though?" she asked the speaker.


"I do now," it nodded. "The nanites in your suit originate of our technologies. I've altered them to allow translation between us. Your friend's language is far too old or too foreign for our knowledge. Why have you come here?"


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"We... I know this sounds a bit silly, because it is, but we're lost travellers from Golarion, and an incredibly bored man abducted us to the sun and said we had to go find him on Aucturn. We came here because his construct teleported us to this planet and we have no way off!"

Grinning sheepishly, Celia couldn't help but add,"We didn't know anyone would be here, yeah? You're pretty cool looking!"


"I see. Well, we may have what you need to leave this planet. If you would follow me, I can show you."

The Kethan began to lumber back towards the rest of his kind.


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

So, can everyone else understand the speech now, too? And where did Keth get off to?


Not yet. Keth is hanging at the far back with Quentin, who I assume is last right now.


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Can my friends follow, too?"


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

"Go where? Where's that thing wantin' to take ya?" Booker eyes the Kethan critically, especially for signs of imminent face-stealing.

sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"Wherever it is, please tell me it is a place where we may leave this red dustball," Valai says. She blinks slowly, then adds in a grudging tone: "Though I would not object too vehemently to a brief delay, should that allow me to learn more of the history of these 'Kethans'."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Their intention is to help us get off this planet, yes, and I think the invitation to follow was meant for all if us, but the thing is, I want to be sure."


"Yes, of course. The invitation is for all of you."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Allrighty."

The gnome turned back to the rest of the party.

"We go together, yes?"

With that, she made to follow the Kethans.


The group followed the Kethan into a small room. Inside, they found four more Kethans of varying sizes. Two appeared to be shorter in stature, another a bit more shapely insinuating that she was female, and the last was a bit more haggered and worn. The Kethan leading them made note to touch all their helmets and allow them to understand his speech.

"This is my family. We welcome you," he said, with a bow.


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"A greeting unto all of you," Valai says, offering a rather complex Elven bow. (As in, the bending from the hip, rather than a weapon.)

The Elfmaid seems to struggle with something -- and relents. "While our group is seeking an exit from this world, the scholar in me demands I ask: Might I partake of the history of your people? We have found some scant clues as to your past in this building, but nothing conclusive."


"Of course. Originially, our people left our original planet and landed on a planet named Keth' Al, which became our home. There, we adapted our bodies over millenia to the ones you see now. We came here from our home planet a long time ago across many galaxies. After landing here, we began to create multitudes of automatons, robots, and androids. They prospered, but some went rogue and attacked the others and ourselves.

"Many lives, mechanical and organic, were lost during that time. It took us years to determine a way to put an end to their actions. We made our way here, our primary militant outpost which had been overrun. The few of us that were left surrendered ourselves to gain access inside and from here, enabled the zone around the area that disables their actions. As penance, we have remained here, below the base living our lives ever since.

"Have you question on any specific details?"


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

"So you...don't steal people's faces?"
sense motive! It's hard to trust face-stealers: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


"Not at all," he says, with what seems like a chuckle.

Seems honest to you!


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"The little guy with the teleports I told you about... is he one of yours, I wonder? Keth? You still with us?"


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

"Well...good to know then. He turns his head to the group for a second and whispers, "I think they might actually be okay, guys."

Back to the Kethan, "You ever try to get back in touch with them ones back outside your home?"


He shook his head. "No, not at all."

Keth had been hanging back, as if not wanting to draw attention to himself. With Celia's call, he flew forward into sight. The female Kethan gasped and strode forward to touch Keth.

"Oh, dear one," she whisepered.


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"Well now," Valai says, one eyebrow raised. "Well now, indeed. Is he one of yours?"


The male Kethan went over to inspect Keth.

"No," he said, "but the technology is ours, though modified. This device is generally reserved for prisoners. In our society, rather than run the risk of escape, their essence or soul is bound to one of these devices for their sentence. However, this one is modified with access to one our information centers back on our home planet along with various other capabilities. This would all be extremely interesting if not for the fact that the soul contained within is one of a child."


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

Valai... blinks. Her expression does not otherwise change. "I may need to speak with a priest sometime soon," she says in a distant, pensive tone. "No matter. This one tends to... fall asleep and suffer short-term memory loss when certain questions are asked of him. I dare say his master is using him poorly. Do you have the means to extract and properly house this soul?"

Yikes, and to think Valai recommended burying him in the dead zone before... >_< Feeling guilty, here.


The male Kethan shook his head.

"I might be able to do so were this a standard unit. However, I dare not risk the boy's soul in this contraption. All the modifications would probably make it impossible for me to remove him without harm, let alone at all. If you know the one who created this, I recommend you speak with him."


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"He is the one who has set our feet on this merry path," Valai says, the look in her dark eyes adding considerable irony to the word 'merry'. "Keth, do you have the ability to communicate with your mystery master at will?"


Keth flew before Valai.

"I can, but hes is angered whenever I do so. I have grown to fear ever attempting so without permission. However, if you request so, I will attemp to."


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"I do not request so," Valai says, her eyes briefly closed in an expression of what seems almost like pain. "Not at this time."

Turning back to the Kethans, she says: "The mystery prankster makes his home on the planet farthest from the sun. Does that suggest anything to you?"


He shook his head.

"No, I would have no idea about that."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"...I don't think I like the mystery man, anymore."
Celia was clearly upset.
"Keth, I don't him to be mad at you."


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"We are in agreement, then," Valai says to Celia. "I believe it safe to assume he is a necromancer of some sort, as well as a user of mechanical devices."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

The gnome nodded, eyebrows furrowed.
"I.. don't want Keth to get hurt. We'll be in a lot of trouble without our guide, but... What do we do now, Valai?"


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

Valai bows her head to the Kethans. "Were we to learn the precise nature of these... modifications... could we contact you for help in extracting and properly housing the child's soul?" she asks.

"And on another note... Can you help us get off this planet and back to Golarion, or at least to the next planet in sequence from the Sun?"


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"They already said they would, Valai. The second thing, of course."
It seemed that the elf did have a heart, after all. It was just mutely beating in that graceful ribcage apathetically most of the time, but it was [i[there[/i].


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

"Yeah, no offense to y'all's hospitality here, but I'd just as soon get back to some place I can take this damned helmet off."


The Kethan nodded.

"Of course, I shall go make preparations. Please, feel free to relax here with my family while you wait."

He moved over to the female and whispered a few things before moving to a nearby wall. He placed a hand upon it, revealing a door way. Before moving through, he turned to the group.

"Would any of you like to join me?"


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"That depends," Valai says, her cool exterior apparently restored. "What is it that you will be doing?"

As an aside, she beckons to Keth. "You will kindly remain within my reach at all times, barring requests to the contrary. In addition, I would ask you to consider a different name than the one provided by the mystery man. How does 'Kevin' suit you, for instance?"


"No, Miss Valai. I will refuse as that is the name I know. I will take that I was named after this technology and these people and not for any other malicious reasons. I have grown to like my name."

Had he arms, Keth would have crossed them, it seems.

"I am going to meet with a mechanic," replied the Kethan. "He will help prepare your transportation off this planet."


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

"Yeah, I think I'll come take a look. I got a interest in these kinda things."


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"As do I," Valai says. She briefly inclines her head to the Kethan family. "No offense to your kind hospitality, good people. But I have not encountered such artificing on Golarion anywhere, and I am a scholar by vocation."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"I'm coming because I'm a gnome. If you knew us, you'd understand, I think."


The Kethan nodded and led them through. On the other side, they found these Kethans were not alone. There were dozens walking about as if they were unaware of their containment. From the looks of it, this was a market as the Kethans were trading goods, sharing stories, and enjoying their surroundings.

They walked through the area without a single turned head. It was as if the Kethans found strangers in their midst to be a common occurence. After making their way across, they reached another wall, which opened up in the same manner. Inside was a lone figure hunched over something resembling a workbench.

Their guide called to other Kethan, but when it spoke, the sounds were nothing but an amalgam of syllables. It seemed this word had no translation. The worker looked up and gave a nod.

"Friends," the Kethan said with a motion, "this is the Mechanic."

The Mechanic stood and gave them a bow.


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

Valai responds with an Elven variation on the same movement.

"I understand that for a people such as your own, you must be an individual of great importance," she says. "It is my honour to greet you. We are travelers from Golarion, seeking passage to either our home world, or the next in sequence from the Sun. May we impose upon you?"

551 to 600 of 922 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Donato's Planet Hoppers! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.