Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign - Chp1:The Smugglers Shiv (Inactive)

Game Master terok

With the defeat of the dark Dryad and surviving many of the islands others challenges, the party is well on their way to becoming the Shiv's masters...only Ieana stands in their way...


551 to 600 of 3,325 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Just Nora and Sasha at the moment...Nora seems to be coping rather well and by the next day is no longer exibiting any symtoms...


Then with Jask available to tend to Sasha while we are away, we should be good to continue exploring.

To Corbius after the bats encounter... I was impressed by the spell you cast on those bats. I would love to learn that from you when opportunity allows. I may have some spells that would be of interest to you as well, and you would be welcome to them. Tragershen will be open about what he currently has in his repertoire, so feel free to browse his spell book in his profile. He does seem to lament that he doesn't have more at the time, alluding to some point where he apparently had quite a bit more arcane ability than he does now.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Satisfied that Jask can care for Sasha, Nim suggests another 3 day excursion to the south east. Once we have hacked a few trails out of the jungle, it will be easier to travel further in a shorter time. Until then, we should limit our explorations to three days out at a time.

And once we find a suitable spot to move our camp further south we can decide it that is what we actually wish to do.

Nim turns to Corbious, making sure none of the other castaways are listening in, and remarks, It would be helpful if you could get us a look at that item you mentioned to us during our walk about. It might help us decide upon routes and such. And for what to keep a look out for as we explore the island.

Nim's suggested route (green 1st, then yellow, then red):
Route Map


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius grins as the bats fall around him. Kicking one away from his feet he turns and follows the party quickly away from the pile of bats. I am glad that worked I wasn't sure it would

Ishirou:
When the party returns to camp Corbius locates Ishirou when he is alone. Ishirou I have talked to the party and we will help you find that treasure for equal shares among us and you only. Can I see the map so we can start looking?

Upon returning to camp Corbius smiles at Tragershen. Color Spray. One of my personal favourites and great for those annoying groups. He says with a grin. Corbius pulls out and unwraps his spellbook and turns to the page of color spray and passes it to Tragershen. Feel free to copy it for yourself.


Sorry real life getting in the way, nothing serious, just 7 hours of meetings today...sucks. Will post an update on your next treck tonight...things will start to get more interesting now that you are moving on to the main part of the island!


15th of Lamashan

DM Only:

Encounter chance dawn 1d100 ⇒ 68
Encounter chance noon 1d100 ⇒ 46
Encounter chance dusk 1d100 ⇒ 56
Encounter chance midnight 1d100 ⇒ 100
Disease chance Nim 1d100 ⇒ 41
Disease chance Anton 1d100 ⇒ 8
Disease chance Nora 1d100 ⇒ 67
Disease chance Tragershen 1d100 ⇒ 45
Disease chance Corbrius 1d100 ⇒ 66
Disease chance Aerys 1d100 ⇒ 16
Disease chance Gelik 1d100 ⇒ 81
Disease chance Ishirou 1d100 ⇒ 6
Disease chance Jask 1d100 ⇒ 43
Disease chance Sasha 1d100 ⇒ 80

You head Southeast into the jungle, knowing that the area to the West of you is fairly well explored. Its a beautiful day to explore...the coastal breeze is cooling and even the normal days rain is shorter than normal. You walk for most of the day encountering nothing of obvious interest or danger and pick a like place to camp. You know tomorrow will be a tougher day as the middle part of the island goes up quite a bit....


16th of Lamashan

DM Only:

Encounter chance dawn 1d100 ⇒ 37
Encounter chance noon 1d100 ⇒ 18
Encounter chance dusk 1d100 ⇒ 39
Encounter chance midnight 1d100 ⇒ 47
Disease chance Nim 1d100 ⇒ 73
Disease chance Anton 1d100 ⇒ 68
Disease chance Nora 1d100 ⇒ 29
Disease chance Tragershen 1d100 ⇒ 35
Disease chance Corbrius 1d100 ⇒ 17
Disease chance Aerys 1d100 ⇒ 59
Disease chance Gelik 1d100 ⇒ 3
Disease chance Ishirou 1d100 ⇒ 90
Disease chance Jask 1d100 ⇒ 85
Disease chance Sasha 1d100 ⇒ 21

You head east into the interior of the island, climbing as you go. It is windy, but otherwise a good day, if a bit hot. It is tough going and you have to backtrack several times in order to find a good route up. You start thinking about lunch when Anton rushes back you excited...

A ruin, ahead on the ridge!!!

You approach and he is in fact accurate. About 50 feet ahead of you and slightly above you is a ruined stone building, resting in the hillside. There are broken stairs leading up to the interior. Anton's keep eyes spot light coming in from the ceiling so it seems evident that at least part of it has collapsed. Parts of the front wall has also collapsed showing you ina inner wall and some types of chambers within.
It seems to be rectangle in shape and is overgrown with vegetation, some of it in bright colors...it is quite pretty.

As you approach the building you get to about 30 feet from it when 2 sections of the vegetation seem to rise....their almost human shape mixed with plants in some way aware of you presence....

Battle for the Ruins!

DM Only:

initiative strings:
Nim 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Anton 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Nora 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Tragershen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Corbrius 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Zombies 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Creeper 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
[/ooc]

Order of Combat Round 1:
Anton 22
?????? 20
Tragershen 19
Nim 11
Wic 11b
Nora 11c
Corbrius 8
?????? 5

Ruins Battle Rnd 1


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Know Nature DC 11:

You think this is some type of Zombie/plant Hybrid...which means it has the stats of a Zombie but wit Plant Traits...

Know Nature DC 16:

These types of creature are normally found near Yellow Musk Creepers...which is a type of plant that can create these creatures...and are agressive plant predators that feed off the corpses they draw within or that are brought in by the Zombies....


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

DM:
What does Nim know of the Yellow Musk Creeper? Using the same roll?


Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Unless something drastic happens on initiative 20, Tragershen will ready his rapier and cast Mage Armor on himself.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

I wrote most of this last night and didn't have the energy to finish. Due to coincidental illnesses, my team at work has been without its supervisor for a week and a half, and without its asst. supervisor for even longer. We're gettin' it done, but it's more stress per hour as well as more hours.

Flextime: 14th of Lamashan, late

Between resting, eating, and preparing to sleep, Anton watches for a moment when he can speak confidentially with Aerys.

Aerys:
Anton joins Aerys where she sits alone, and plops down next to her. "I have a confession to make. Remember the day after that first night on the beach? I was so concerned for your health that I did everything I could to help Nora, even though I'm not trained in healing. It happens that Nora and I worked incredibly well as a team in tending you; and in the process, I learned that you were going through alcohol withdrawl."

"I don't know any graceful way to say "oh by the way, when you were really sick, I found out something private about you," so I just kept it to myself. But now you're writing something and being vague about it, and I can't help but wonder if it's related." He smiles and shrugs. "So, that's why I'm telling you now what I didn't before, about what I know. Because I really am interested in your story."


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Now: 16th of Lamashan, lunchtime

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"Plant zombies are made by yellow musk creepers, and are not undead!"

Anton moves to where he can intercept either plant zombie -- lucerne hammer held at the ready as usual -- and prepares to strike, picturing various scenarios of how it might go down. Maybe that one comes first; it looks to have a weak chest, easy to pierce. If the other one does, then I'll bring the hammer down on its head that looks ripe and ready to burst.

Move action: 15' movement to N-13.
Standard action: Anton readies an action to use his lucerne hammer in a melee attack on the first plant zombie to move within 10' of him.


If you ready an action please go ahead and roll the trigger for that action...
The creature at H15 moves to M14 setting off Anton's attack. The other one move to K15.

Tragershen casts his spell...Nim's turn.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Round 1

Nim commands Wicewakan to attack... handle animal 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 ...but the wolf is unnerved by something about the things and refuses to obey.

Nim growls a reprimand at Wicewakan before dropping his spear free action and drawing his scimitar move equivalent action as he moves forward move action to N 15

Use slashing attacks, they are more effective against them. They have no mind to corrupt with magic.

Current status:
Nim -- AC: 15 HP: 13 of 13
Wicewakan -- AC: 14 HP: 14 of 14


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Round 1

Corbius hustles forward to attack the beast Move action L16
Asilande sparkles just before striking at the beast Swift action enchant Weapon +1 Standard action attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Confirm critical if even possible 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Driving Asilande into the walking plant. Free action speech Remind me to bring a scythe with me the next time we go harvesting. as he realizes his rapier is going to be next to useless after hearing Nim.

Saw your post after I posted mine NIM and realized I have no slashing weapons:)

DM:
Did you see my question of Ishirou? Did he give us the map? Just wanted to confirm I know you are really busy at work and might have missed it.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 1 cont.

DM Stephen wrote:

If you ready an action please go ahead and roll the trigger for that action...

The creature at H15 moves to M14 setting off Anton's attack. The other one move to K15.

Oops, sorry. Lunch break almost over, will make this quick.

When the first plant zombie gets in range of his long polearm, Anton swings it in a deadly arc, bringing the hammer down on its head!

Attack with lucerne hammer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 for 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 damage


Anton Green wrote:

I wrote most of this last night and didn't have the energy to finish. Due to coincidental illnesses, my team at work has been without its supervisor for a week and a half, and without its asst. supervisor for even longer. We're gettin' it done, but it's more stress per hour as well as more hours.

Flextime: 14th of Lamashan, late

Between resting, eating, and preparing to sleep, Anton watches for a moment when he can speak confidentially with Aerys.
** spoiler omitted **

Anton:

She looks at you with some distrust evident on her face. You know from her reputation that she in particular does't seem to trust men very much.
Thanks you for your discretion Anton. You and Nora have been have been good to me.
Yes the drink is my weakness. I think my book is my outlet. Maybe once I feel a little better and finish enough of it to feel comfortable sharing it you can be the first to read it? Until then I don't want to share something that isn't ready, I am sure you understand?

Nora to go then Anton is up again just before the Muskies...


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

I was in a hurry at lunchtime, and didn't realize until later that Anton presumably gets an attack of opportunity, since his reach from N13 is 10' and the Muskie is now 5' away at M14.

Somehow, the plant zombie just keeps on coming; but moving while Anton can hit it makes it vulnerable to a second strike.

AoO with lucerne hammer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 for 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage Miss

The mindless monstrosity doesn't even pause, and Anton is unable to get his unwieldy polearm back in position for another blow before the relentless thing is too close.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 2

Barring the unexpected:
Anton curses under his breath at how the plant zombie shrugs off his devastating blow. I really need to stop being so generous with my weapons.

He considers backing up a couple of yards from the plant zombie facing him to let it have what for once more, but that would make him briefly vulnerable to the lumbering mass. Instead, Anton drops his lucerne hammer to the ground with a clatter and immediately draws his trident in its place, then stabs at the middle of the monster.

Attack with trident: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 damage


24 Hour Rule on posting for Nora....
Nora hesitates when she finds out they are not undead....Starts to delay...

Anton hits is with its hammer, but the blow seems to be absorbed by the plants squishy skin
Corbrius strikes well but to the same effect.

Order of Combat Round 2:
Anton 22 *gone*
Plant Zombies 20 *gone*
Tragershen 19
Nim 11
Wic 11b
Nora 11c
Corbrius 8
?????? 5

The plant zombies strike back:
On Corbrius slam atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 dam 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Miss

On Anton slam atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 dam 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Miss

The plant Zombies are slow and seemingly quite clumsy and their attacks can't match the speed of their enemies...

Tragershen to go then the rest...


Sure that his sleep spell won't help here, he lets his rapier fly at the one engaging Anton.

To hit 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 4 = 14
Damage 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6


Forgot the round 2 Map:
Battle for the Ruins Rnd 2


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Round 2

Nim once again barks at Wicewakan to attack... handle animal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 ...and this time, sensing Nim's extreme displeasure, Wicewakan responds by rushing forward move action to N 13 and biting at the plant creature. standard action attack w/bite 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Total damage: 6*

Latching onto the thing with his powerful jaws, Wicewakan tries to pull the thing to the ground free trip attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 vs CMD

*EDIT: Please note that bite attacks count as all three damage types (ie bludgeoning, piercing and slashing) so they overcome any DR the zombies may have. LINK to PRD

Meanwhile, Nim steps forward 5' step to M 15 while drawing his shield move equivalent action and slashing his scimitar at the plant zombie's neck standard action attack w/scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Total damage: 13 (slashing)

Current status:
Nim -- AC: 16 HP: 13 of 13
Wicewakan -- AC: 14 HP: 14 of 14

Knowledge (nature) check to know more about the Yellow Musk Creeper: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Wow! What a string of rolls! :O


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Un-fricken-believable! You da *man*. 8)

Anton watches in amazement as Wicewakan and Nim slash the monster in front of him to pulpy shreds -- the same one that had been absorbing the blows from his hammer and stabs from his trident like they were nothing. "Incredible!" Now I *really* need to get that dagger back from Gelik... "If you don't have a slashing weapon, just help Nim and Wice if you can!"

Round 3

Barring the unexpected:
Reminded by Nim's maneuvering that it is in fact possible to shift your position a little when you're not being tripped up by undergrowth everywhere, Anton retrieves his lucerne hammer, steps over the yellow musk zombie's remains, stabs his trident to stand upright in the squishy mess, and gets ready to help Nim hit the remaining plant zombie by distracting it or knocking it off balance or something.

Move action to pick up his lucerne hammer.
No action to 5' step to M14 (or M13 if the Muskie corpse makes for difficult terrain).
Free action to drop his trident (with flavor).
Standard action to ready a standard action to Aid Another when Nim attacks the Muskie at K15 (unless I can Aid Another when he isn't in melee combat with it yet, in which case I'll just do it right now and keep my initiative count): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 for +2 to Nim's next attack roll against it.


Nim:

Yellow musk creepers are agressive plants. Their main threat is their ability to drill into the brain of helpless creatures and turn them into zombies. They mainly do this by spraying you with a pollen that entrance you and make you helpless.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim glances about apparently looking for another threat, Beware the parent plant! It sprays debilitating pollen and then roots into your brain turning you into one of these abominations! free action speech


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius realizing that Asilande is having no effect drops his treasured sword to the ground. Free action Taking a 5' stepFree move to k16 and drawing his dagger from his waist move action it glitters instantlyEnchant blade swift action as he slices towards the plant. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Unfortunately Corbius stumbles as he goes to strike the plant and misses wildly.


Anton moves up next to the plant creature and starts to shake his trident into its face, trying to distract it. L14

Anton:

Aid Another In melee combat, you can help a friend attack or defend by distracting or interfering with an opponent. If you're in position to make a melee attack on an opponent that is engaging a friend in melee combat, you can attempt to aid your friend as a standard action. You make an attack roll against AC 10. If you succeed, your friend gains either a +2 bonus on his next attack. So you really need to move up and make an attack to give him the bonus. You made the roll so you distract the creature for Nim.

The plant zombie strikes out at Corbrius...but is unable to find its target...

slam atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 dam 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Miss

Order of Combat Round 2:
Anton 22 *gone*
Plant Zombies 20 *gone*
Tragershen 19
Nim 11
Wic 11b
Nora 11c
Corbrius 8
?????? 5

No map needed so far this round.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Round 3

Wicewakan, over his fear of the strange things, rushes to flank the other plant zombie move action to K 14 and attempts to yank it to the ground as well... standard action attack w/bite +flank: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 free trip attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 vs. CMD ...but fails to latch onto it with his jaws.

As the first creature's head bounces to the ground at Anton's feet, Nim spins to face the other zombie, stepping in close 5' step to L 15 while his blade circles up from low guard... aiming to hit it right between the legs... standard action attack w/scimitar +aid: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Nim's blade finds its mark with a sickening crunch, but the thing shows no reaction to the location of the blow.

After the strike, Nim barks, Draw it out and away from the ruins so we can get behind and fully surround it!

Current status:
Nim -- AC: 16 HP: 13 of 13
Wicewakan -- AC: 14 HP: 14 of 14


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Round 3 actions
Corbius avoids the plant zombie attack and again shifts his position 5' step to J16 and slices his dagger across the creature Standard attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 severing several branches off the crazy plant man.


Tragershen will double move to L13, swinging wide (to column 12) to avoid an AoO.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

The map has not been updated.. the zombie at M 14 is dead. The other one is still in the same position at K 15. Nim is at L 15. Wice at K 14. Corb at J 16 (after you act). And Anton is at L 14.


Sorry.

Tragershen will delay, waiting to see if they can draw the other zombie away from the wall. He's also afraid to stumble across the parent plant Nim warned of.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

No need to apologize. :)


Nora continues to delay, waiting to make sure no one gets badly hurt or where the creature Nim referred to might be.

Although damaged, the plant zombie continues to try and attack Corbrius, seemingly ignoring everything else. This is for effect only, creature intent is just very obvious since it is pretty slow.

Anton is up...

Order of Combat Round 4:
Anton 22
Plant Zombies 20
Tragershen 19
Nim 11
Wic 11b
Nora 11c
Corbrius 8
?????? 5


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Round4

Actions:

If necessary after Nim's brutal assault
Corbius slices at the plant again..
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
but misses wildly.

Sovereign Court

Male

.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Round 4

Actions (if needed):
Seeing Corbius getting into a flanking position with Anton, Nim presses on with the attack, stepping into a similar position opposite his wolf. 5' to K 16

Wicewakan again tries to bite and pull down the plant creature... standard action attack w/bite +flank: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
free trip attempt: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 2 = 18 ...but misses once again.

Meanwhile Nim lifts up violently on his sword embedded in between the thing's legs... standard action attack w/scimitar +flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 ...nearly ripping the thing in two from the bottom up!

Current status:
Nim -- AC: 16 HP: 13 of 13
Wicewakan -- AC: 14 HP: 14 of 14


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 4

DM Stephen wrote:

Anton moves up next to the plant creature and starts to shake his trident into its face, trying to distract it. L14

** spoiler omitted **

DM Stephen:
My lucerne hammer has reach and higher damage dice, which is why I intended to pick it back up, take a 5' step, and "drop" the trident (flavorfully) when Nim's action reminded me that 5' steps are normally possible. Unless the terrain is still difficult as usual? It doesn't look that way.

For now, I'll just go with the trident like in your post, to keep things moving along. Also, I've been thinking of reformatting Anton's profile like how I did Dasiji Lekaya's. Would that be better?

Seeing Wicewakan struggling to get another good bite in like the first, Anton decides to help him instead of Nim, knocking one of the zombie's flailing arms out of the way to make an opening for the brave wolf.

Aid Another: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 for +2 to Wicewakan's next attack against the zombie


Anton Green wrote:

Round 4

DM Stephen wrote:

Anton moves up next to the plant creature and starts to shake his trident into its face, trying to distract it. L14

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Seeing Wicewakan struggling to get another good bite in like the first, Anton decides to help him instead of Nim, knocking one of the zombie's flailing arms out of the way to make an opening for the brave wolf.

Aid Another: 1d20 + 3 for +2 to Wicewakan's next attack against the zombie

Anton:
You are fine to continue with your first action with the Hammer, I got confuused with your post wording a little and was in a rush so what you intended originally is fine.

Anton again waves his hammer in the creatures face, just distracting it a little. The creature stikes out at Corbrius again but misses badly:

slam atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 dam 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Miss

You seem to have the situation well under control when Nora starts to scream...you turn to see another plant-like creature, but this one was once a Monitor Lizard like the other liazrds you fought. It charges and attacks Nora.

DM Only:

Zombie Lizard
AC 16 HP 34 bite 1d8+7
Script attack: moves to S16 and then bite atk 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 dam 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Hit or Miss

moves to S16 and then bite atk 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21 dam 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Hit

The plant creature crashes into Nora and tears into her, knocking her to the ground.

Feel free to retcon any actions for round 4.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

I'll wait to see what Tragershen does before making my decision. :)


This will be helpful:
Battle for the Ruined Bldg Round 4


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Knowing that somewhere out there was a very dangerous yellow musk creeper, Anton had been paying extra attention to his surroundings during the battle. He thinks he sees some undergrowth swaying slightly crosswise to the tropical breeze...

Immediate action to heighten his senses with Extraordinary Skill (Perception).


Anton, you can retcon your action as well due to your ability use.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 4 Retcon

Anton hesitates, noticing small signs of possible movement in the underbrush, but not really sure what it is. When the muskie monitor lizard runs out and savages Nora with its fierce bite, Anton springs into action, charging at the plant lizard monster in return -- as if killing it could undo what happened. "Noooo!" He drives the point of his lucerne hammer deep into the pulpy mass of the lizard zombie's plant-ridden body.

Mechanically: delay to initiative count 20, then charge to Q15, and reach attack with lucerne hammer on the monitor lizard/plant zombie in S16. 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19 for 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 damage (before DR).

In his distress over Nora's mauling, Anton forgot the relative ineffectiveness of non-slashing weapons against these plant-animated corpses. He is rudely reminded by the monster's lack of reaction to what should've been a serious injury.

Current Status:
AC 18, HP 11/11


Well, screaming like a little girl and running would be a smidgen undignified, so...

Tragershen steps to S15 and thrusts his rapier at the center of the plant creature.

To hit 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Damage 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Round 4

Actions:

Corbius hearing Anton's shouts turns to see Nora fall beneath the lizard's assault.Nora! Corbius shouts as he pivots and charges the beast. Charge to R16 +2 to hit -2 AC 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 111d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 but stumbles just as he slashes at the beast missing badly.

Hopefully Nim drops the zombie before this or I will take and AOO. So don't stop rolling 20's on my account :)


Current AC 18-2(charge)
Current HP 9


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Ok, seeing Anton sprint to Nora's defense. And seeing Tragershen engaging the lizard zombie as well, Nim will keep his previously posted round 4 action and attack the zombie in front of him.

I believe that is everyone's round 4 actions...well except for ??????'s turn. ;)

Disclaimer: Nim's apparent callousness is in no way related to the sudden change of color to red of Nora's shirt. He merely wants to remove the threat he can at the moment. ;)

Star Voter 2014

.-ing

551 to 600 of 3,325 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign PBP Chapter 1: Smugglers Shiv All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.