Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DMJ's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Jonasty1031

Adventure and danger on the high seas! Can you claim your own Pirate destiny in the Shackles?

Current Map


201 to 250 of 1,114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Just to clarify as I realized some people might wonder. Your quarters are directly above the bilges, there would be opportunity for you to gather all your gear, deal with the situation, and then stash any gear back that you wanted. The other pirates seem to do this often as needed, most only carrying a dagger on them for day to day tasks. Just a thought if you were thinking you were confined to only a couple of items.

This applies going forward as well, once you've all "acquired" your gear in the eyes of the crew. If you want to go around fully kitted out, by all means it's your decision. You will get some looks and comments though from the others, especially with armor. The more you weigh, the quicker you sink after all.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

Xanxan got up that morning grabbing his newly reacquired rapier. The better to dissuade any would be thugs what wanted to teach him a lesson. When he hears of the job at hand, he's glad he did. He contemplates getting his leather armor to boot but recalls Grok's advice about not showing too much too soon.

He decides to take a risk, and get the leather armor but only for this job, hopefully before the other sailors can see it or make too much of it.

Quote:
"Infestation can mean a lot at sea Tully man. Worms, rats, rat-worms...it is good to be ready for anything."

Xanxan finds himself agreeing with Ko'Ulu, "Seen a lamprey get in a ship's bilgewater once. Left a mark like a ring out of the man's flesh."

I didn't see your above post till now, guess I cross posted, so changing his action with the new knowledge.


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo slips the blade gifted to him by his father into his belt and listens to Ko'ulu and Xanxan, "Maybe tasty bugs too? I miss mother's candied beetles. So delicious." If tengu could drool, Jirobo would be drooling at that point.


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

Calvin heads down to the quarters to grab his spear before heading into the bilge. He hoped that he wouldn't need it - skewering pests wasn't exactly his forte - but he supposed that it was better than going in unarmed. While he is grabbing his gear he can be overhead saying - almost musically - "sharks, tigers, worms, rats and rat worms" in various random orders over and over again.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully hefted the solid weight of his sap. Against a knife weilding man... but with the threat of "rat-worms"...

Tully buckled his rapier to his waist and clutched his buckler. The weight of steel felt more reassuring.

He stood to side of the gangway. Shall we descend, gentlemen?


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum follows the rest into the crew quarters and don's a suit of leather armor with plates of wood sewn around the vital areas. Not so useful in the rigging, but won't be sinkin' me should I get lobbed overboard. Might help against the scourge, too. He then re-dons his coat overtop the armor. He pats his boarding axe at his side and then picks up his hat, brushes it off and replaces it in his locker.

Young Tully wrote:
"Shall we descend, gentlemen?"

"Aye, cleanin' the bilge of whatever them whats infestin' it... I be thinkin' it were good practice fer when we need to clean the rest o' the ship whats infestin' it."


Having gathered your gear, you raise the trapdoor in the crew quarters that leads to the bilges. The smell hits you first, some of you already experienced in it's potency. Tully scrubs his hand across his face. This is what you've been doing these past few days?

Climbing down the ladder, you spread out as much as the room will allow and almost as soon as you do, the water ripples around you as pointed faces with gleaming eyes burst out of the offal with the intent to bite you.

Knowledge(nature) DC 12:
You recognize dire rats when you see them. They're viscious little buggers and their bites carry disease.

There's no surprise round, they were hiding in the crap but you guys knew they were somewhere down there.
Init:
Callum: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Calvin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Ko'ulu: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Tully: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Xanxan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Jirobo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Rats: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Bilges combat map. Quick note, I don't have access to Maptool at work, so updates to the map will have to wait till I get home. Just be aware that if you post a movement change, I will see it but it might not be updated right away. Basically just make sure you're paying attention to the various posts.

The bilges are especially hot today with the heat, the area is considered to be very hot. Won't impact combat unless you guys are down there for a while. Also, the bilge water will provide concealment to the rats, so please include a 20% miss chance with any attacks you make. Small sized PC's will likewise receive this bonus on the rats' turn.

Init order is: Jirobo, Rats, Callum, Tully, Xanxan, Calvin, Ko'ulu.
Please post your Round 1 actions.


To save time and assuming Jirobo doesn't have a fireball tucked away, I'm going to post the rat's Round 1 actions so everyone else can go when they're able.

The rats scurry amongst the water, their fevered eyes gleaming as they look to make a meal out of all of you.

Rat attacks.
vs. Callum: 1d20 ⇒ 18, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4, Fort save DC 11: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
vs. Tully: 1d20 ⇒ 2, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3, Fort save DC 11: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13
vs. Ko'ulu: 1d20 ⇒ 8, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4, Fort save DC 11: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
vs. Jirobo: 1d20 ⇒ 19, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2, Fort save DC 11: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
vs. Calvin: 1d20 ⇒ 7, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1, Fort save DC 11: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Jirobo and Callum are bit. Both of you are fine against the disease.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum curses as one of the rats bites into him. Blast ye, ye damn dirty rat! He then takes his boarding axe and swings it down at the foul creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14, Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo seems to shrink down again as he descends into the bowels of the ship once more. The tight, dark space of the bilges stresses the tengu which is pretty obvious. As the rats scurry about, one even having the audacity to nip a chunk from Jirobo's leg, the tengu plunges his wakizashi down at the fleeing furry body, "Little rodent, little rodent, Jirobo is going to bite you back!"

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Callum miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 100
Jirobo miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 60


Male Human Sea Singer 1

The fetid murk virtually exploded with scurrying, lunging, biting rodents. Tully batted one attack aside with his buckler, blessing the Inheritor for granting him that much foresight. The creature practically vanished as it fell back into filth. Tully marked his location as best he could.

He cursed under his breath, Bah! This is no chore for a man! They should have dogs for this!

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 60, higher is better.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

"Pretty clear that the 'officers' of this ship treat their sailors LIKE dogs, or worse."

Xanxan realizes the rats are focusing on the bigger folk this time around. Given the chance, he'll try to stab one that's focusing on someone else nearby to buy them some room.

To hit with rapier, weapon finesse counted in
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Miss chance from concealment
1d100 ⇒ 66
If he hits, rapier dmg..
1d4 ⇒ 1
If Sneak Attack applies
1d6 ⇒ 4


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

Knowledge: Nature Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

"Tigerman was wrong. These are dire rats. Not rat worms. Or worm rats. They carry disease. Watch their bite."

Calvin takes an exploratory poke with his spear, attempting to skewer the one nearest.

Attack F3 - flanking with Birdman.

Spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 93


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Can't see the map at work, so Ko'ulu will just engage what is in front of him.

Ko'ulu stands, feet apart and braced, his dagger in his hand as he stabs again and again into the muck, attempting to pin the vile little bony form as it squirms through the fetid sludge.

Stab stabby (miss low is bad) 1d100 ⇒ 69 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Dmg 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


It's a one for one battle it seems as Jirobo and Callum exchange blows with the vermin, Callum cleaving the rodent in half but not before it bites his leg. As it's carcass sinks to the bottom of the bilges, Tully scores another hit as well, slicing the large rat across the back as Jirobo stabs the one that bit him, which quickly dies off.

Everyone else struggles to find their footing in the slimy confines, the strikes going wide.

Round 2 status:
Callum: 8/12 HP, AC 15
Calvin: 8/8 HP, AC 12
Ko'ulu: 11/11 HP, AC 14
Tully: 9/9 HP, AC 18
Xanxan: 9/9 HP, AC 16
Jirobo: 7/9 HP, AC 13
Rat 1: Dead
Rat 2: Dead
Rat 3: 5/5 HP, AC 14
Rat 4: 5/5 HP, AC 14
Rat 5: 5/5 HP, AC 14

There's no update to the combat map, except remove two of the rats(in space E2, the one that was melee with Callum and the one that was flanked by Jirobo and Calvin). Otherwise everyone can post their Round 2 actions now. I'll have the rats action up shortly.


Rats Round 2

The rats continue to furiously bite at you, their tiny fangs gnashing in the water.

Rat attacks.
vs. Tully: 1d20 ⇒ 8, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3, Fort save DC 11: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
vs. Ko'ulu: 1d20 ⇒ 14, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2, Fort save DC 11: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
vs. Calvin: 1d20 ⇒ 1, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2, Fort save DC 11: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Ko'ulu is bit. You are fine against the disease


Male Human Sea Singer 1

The rat was wounded. Tully suspected its spine had nearly been severed. Still it waded through the filth to come at him again. He fended it off with a few quick thrusts, turning its attack harmlessly wide. As it fell back into the murk, Tully drove the rapier into it.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 80

The rat was skewered. But its death throes splattered the fetid bilge-water across Tully's doublet.

Damn Plugg for this insolence! If ever he falls under my power, I will force-feed him this s$#! with a spoon I'll carve from his own rib!


Good narative catch Tully, you had also wounded a rat. Rat 3 should have been listed at 1/5 HP. And with your latest post, toast. Two to go folks.


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

"Ha! Tully man! You are brutal in the heat of battle! Ho ho!" Calvin cackles madly.

Seeing the rat he was formerly facing fall to Jirobo's attack, Calvin takes a step (to E3) and turns to one of the rats (E5). He imagines that the rat has been caught in Jirobo's beak and the bird man is crushing its bones. He projects this image to the small creature in an effort to shake its morale.

Evil Eye Hex, giving E5 rat -2 to AC. Not sure if there's a miss chance on hexes, but if so:

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 65


Doesn't require an attack roll so miss chance should be a non-issue although make sure to include the relevant save DC in your posts so I know what I need to roll. Rat's Will Save: 1d20 ⇒ 4


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum steps towards the rat by Ko-ulu that Calvin had hexed. (5-foot step to E4 to attack rat in E5)
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15, Miss %: 1d100 ⇒ 59, Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"Oho!" Callum said after he hacked the rat in half. He then motioned to the last rat. "One left lads! Pretend 'e's the scourge!" (move action to use Freebooter's bane on last rat: allies gain +1 to attack and damage against that rat.)


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)
Quote:
"Oho!" Callum said after he hacked the rat in half. He then motioned to the last rat. "One left lads! Pretend 'e's the scourge!"

At that, Xanxan stabs at it whether its still alive or not!

"if only." A wide grin.

Rapier strike
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
miss chance
1d100 ⇒ 46
damage if that hits
1d4 ⇒ 2
If a flank/sneak attack applies
1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu grunts, and moves forward, slicing and stabbing the muck in an attempt to corner the rat against the wall of the bilge.

Stabby slice 1d100 ⇒ 46 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Confirm 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Dmg and crit 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

A fierce gleam in his eye Ko'ulu lashes out with his boot, kicking the rat up into the air where it squeals in panic for a brief instant before he drives the dagger in his hand through the rat and into the side of the ship, pinning it there, its tail and legs dangling and twitching spasmodically.


As the last rat dies, the bilge water calms as the movement around you stops. Dead rats float in the water and sweat drips from your brows as you clean your blades.

Huzzah to the PC's! The Dire Rate infestation has been removed from the bilges.

Combat is over and we're off Init, post as you will.


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

"Dire rats are nasty rodents," he says, toeing one of the floating bodies. "Very poor for combining with other animals. The disease makes them incompatible. Once put a dire rat head on a toad's body. Tobias ate it before I was finished. Made him sick for a week."


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully continued stabbing his rapier into the now, long dead rat. Almost oblivious, he continued growling to himself, I will bring all the pain of the Stygian torturers down upon him! The most stone-hearted Hellknight will weep at the torments I will bring!

For a brief moment, the Chelaxian aristocrat Tully might have become bubbles to the surface. Then, in a flash, it vanishes. Once again, he is the calm, composed gentleman you've known.

As he picks his way gingerly through the filth towards the trapdoor, Gentlemen, it occurs to me that we may have a few minutes to speak without fear of observation. Loathe though I am to subject myself to more of these fetid humours, we would be wise to take opportunity where we find it.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

"Aye, our minds be gustin' in the same direction lad," Callum said nodding.
"Mayhap this be the first time we be alone without the ears o' the ship bein' close. Let us verify the solitary nature of our predicament but if it be as ye suspect, we may have time whats fer plottin'"


This is PC directed at this point. I'll post any clarifications or answers as needed but you guys have a bit of a window right now to talk as you will. Once you've posted indicating that you're heading back up, or enough time has gone by, I'll throw up the next update.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

Xanxan finds some 'high ground' as best he can to get out of the muck, "Aye, now this be more to my like." But he wisely lowers his voice as well, "I love the sea, and I love sailing... Hell, I might even like the idea of pirating, but lets face facts. There are only a few pirates on this ship, the rest be slaves and crimpees like us... even if they don't all know it." He looks about and listens as well to see if there is anyone else here besides, Callum, Jirobo, Calvin, Young Tully, Ko'Ulu and himself in there or listening in.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Human Sea Singer 1

With a nod, Tully directed attention towards the bird-man. First, though, I would know the mind of our Strix companion. Our friend Xanxan has won your trust, perhaps... But, can you set aside your prejudice of humans at least insofar as our fellowship is concerned? If fortune is kind to our endeavor, you may yet direct your hatred towards our would-be masters.

I finally get to meet Jirobo! Lol!


Xanxan: You would know if someone was in the bilges with you, there's no real space to hide except for holding your breath and lying flat lol. As for the crew berth above, no one is up there currently.


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

"My father was a ship's surgeon," Calvin says, interrupting the conversation. His voice is calm and sounds almost normal. "At least that's what he was called. 'Amputator' might be more accurate. He was quite good at removing the infected limbs - much better than when he tried to salvage them. And I was his assistant. He taught me well." His speech finished, he continues absentmindedly toeing the rodent's body in front him, while listening to the others.


Male Human Sea Singer 1
Calvin The Surgeon wrote:
"My father was a ship's surgeon," Calvin says, interrupting the conversation. His voice is calm and sounds almost normal. "At least that's what he was called. 'Amputator' might be more accurate. He was quite good at removing the infected limbs - much better than when he tried to salvage them. And I was his assistant. He taught me well." His speech finished, he continues absentmindedly toeing the rodent's body in front him, while listening to the others.

Amputations seem like nasty affairs. Still, it is a skill that will likely be of use if we fail to change the scenario.

You and gentle Tobias, it seems to me, have abilities far in excess of a mere handiness with a bone saw, though. I have seen some evidence of this, though I can only guess at its true depths. We must come to a better understanding to achieve our goals.


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo tries to clean his blade as best he can as the others finish off the rest of the overgrown rats. Once the brief battle is concluded, the tengu looks for a spot to get his wounded leg up and out of the muck of the bilges, scared of infection in such a dank, gross place. He gulps at Calvin's speech on amputations, "Do you think rats infected us bad?, he says as he holds up his wounded leg at the surgeon.

Young Tully wrote:

With a nod, Tully directed attention towards the bird-man. First, though, I would know the mind of our Strix companion. Our friend Xanxan has won your trust, perhaps... But, can you set aside your prejudice of humans at least insofar as our fellowship is concerned? If fortune is kind to our endeavor, you may yet direct your hatred towards our would-be masters.

I finally get to meet Jirobo! Lol!

Jirobo tilts head head at Tully in confusion, "I am no Strix, merely a tengu. I hold no prejudices to you humans, my mother warned me just to be careful about the bigger folk or I'd end up someone's pet parrot or dodo. I think point is moot now as we are all pets of a mean master of cruel men. Bad karma-juju of such men grows greater with each passing day until the scales are balanced and mean men washed away like huts in a storm." The tengu appears miserable in the bilges, his shoulders slumped and his breathing shallow as he attempts not to inhale too much of the bad air. He looks up at the trapdoor as well, listening for a moment with the others before looking back down at the eclectic group gathered there, "I hate being down here but if we talk, we talk. What is idea fermenting in your heads? We are outmatched at moment, too many against, too many who listen to Scourge, Plugg, and Captain, but winds shift and the storm can change direction in blink of the eye."

Perception Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu reaches out, and pulls his dagger from the wall, letting the corpse of the rat fall into the sludge with a ker-plop.

"Birdy is right." Ko'ulu says as he moves over to the pump and begins cranking.

"When you are fishing, it is best not to jump around too much and make a lot of noise. I don't think that this crew has been fishing too good."

The ratcheting squeal of the pump echoes through the bilge.

"Wait for wind and tide to be going the right direction and then move with them. I look forward to seeing Plugg and Scourge carried out to sea."

Ko'ulu grins and continues pumping.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

"Aye. We need te convince the crew to hang their flag with us. I'm thinkin' we got the quartermaster, an' we're close te pullin' tha' halflin' swab what sings 'n fiddles. Might be wise te try te capture the cook into our boat too, so we can' have the stores an' the suppers with us." He then scowls, "That Tate feller'll be a tough nut te crack fer sure. Do we go for the low hangin' fruit o' them what don't care neither nor, or aim for them tough ones first?"


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

"Rosie is grateful to me, it's something to build on. She's been the object of some affection from another gnome. He doesn't seem a bad chap, but it will be hard to win him over and keep her on the same side. Least wise I think. I'll give him a talk to and find out."


Male Human Sea Singer 1
Jirobo wrote:
I am no Strix, merely a tengu.

Not a Strix? Tengu? Tully cast around in his memory, delving for any remembrance of the mention of a Tengu. There were legends he could recall of the birdmen. Supposedly, sailors believed they were good luck in the sense that they "soaked up" bad luck on ships. A Tengu! I was a fool not to think of it!

Sir, I fear I have done you a grave injustice, in thought, at least, if not necessarily in deed. I most sincerely beg your pardon.

Callum wrote:
We need te convince the crew to hang their flag with us.

I agree. And we must assume that any who have not yet made common cause with us will likely stand against us if we move against the officers. We shall also need to know as much as possible about the ship. I fear I can tell you little, aside from where we keep the fishing nets... and where not to cast them.

One more thing... Tully relayed Fishguts' warning from the first morning.

Fishguts' Warning:
You watch yourself around here. This ship is poison, it is but don't let anyone hear you say that out loud. The hull listens, see, and the cap'n hears it all. Poison the Wormwood is, though, rotten to the core. You'll not meet a more nasty, sour piece of work than Cap'n Harrigan in all your days at sea, and his crew's the same, 'specially the first mate, Mr. Plugg. Vicious little sod, he is. He'd take his own mother's liver to the butcher to make pies with , he would. But they leave me alone, mostly. They know I can't 'arm 'em.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

"Oh aye. We got a big ocean te sail 'ere," Callum said and began counting off his fingers. "Them whats can charm or whats can threat or whats can tricks them whats don't already think us dubloons needs te focus on the convincing. Them whats can't can swing through the shadows o' the ship te see what they can see. And them whats can't can feel out the crew we haven't had a proper meet with, te see how the think o' us. An' I know I be fergettin' somethin' or more 'n somethin'..."


Male Human Sea Singer 1
Callum wrote:
We got a big ocean te sail 'ere

Tully nodded sagely. Which begs the question, "Where in all the sodden, storm-tossed Shackles are we?"

We must be prepared to steer the ship, if ever we gain control of her.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]
Tully wrote:
We must be prepared to steer the ship, if ever we gain control of her.

Aye, but there be no need te worry 'bout that. With the right crew on the rig, I can steer us well enough. I been doin' it since I were young. An' I've some charts if we don' get whats the Cap'n 'as.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

"Not that Scourge wants me to see the daylight, but I'm a trained sailor as well... if you can navigate, I can join in with those getting us to any place where sea touches sand."


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6
Young Tully wrote:
Callum wrote:
We got a big ocean te sail 'ere

Tully nodded sagely. Which begs the question, "Where in all the sodden, storm-tossed Shackles are we?"

At this, Calvin's eyes light up. At almost precisely the same moment, Tobias comes waddling down the narrow bilge stairway. "Tobias! Oh...yes...good thinking...I have been a fool!"

Looking to the group he says, "Tobias has just made a fine point. I've been so worried about 'how' we're going I've neglected to pay attention to 'where' we're going. I've sailed these waters my whole life. Perhaps there is something I'll recognize."


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

Xanxan listens to talk of where they are, and where they are going, "If I thought I could get into the captain's quarters I'd try to steal a peek at the charts early. Risky though, sure to get my flogged or worse if I botch it." Seemingly randomly he blurts"You folks sure there isn't a way to arrange an 'accident' for Scourge at least? I really want the bastard dead."


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

"From the sounds o' things," Callum began, "Calvin an' me, we could figure things out right quick on our locale and direction, so no riskin' yer neck on that unless there be more whats we need."

"An' let's not put the X 'afore the map. Thinkin' 'bout those whats we need in the end aren't goin' te help if we can't get there. We'll need more'n a few hands on the rig te keep us from bein' a dead whale on the ocean. Mayhap we focus on gettin' te know the ship and 'er crew an' makin' friends. We got that, then there's nothin' whats te stop us from plankin' or keelhaulin' those whats wronged us," Callum said with a bloodthirsty smile.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

"Patience is not a gnomish virtue, but as you say," the gnome says, "Now, about Miss Quinn, she seems on our side, and I'm willing to treat her as such but figured I should ask, anyone nervous about her?"


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

"I wonder if the worms in the wood talk to the Captain?"


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

Xanxan laughs at that.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]
Xanxan wrote:
"Now, about Miss Quinn, she seems on our side, and I'm willing to treat her as such but figured I should ask, anyone nervous about her?"

"I've no nerves regarding that lass. It be fortune indeed te number a priestess of Besmara amongst our friends."

Ko'ulu wrote:
"I wonder if the worms in the wood talk to the Captain?"

Callum snorts and then looks around at the walls and the filth. "We'd best be hopin' that's not whats his ears. There likely be plenty o' worms jes swimmin' around 'ere."

Then after a moments thought, "Yet ye filled me sails with a thought... It be unlike most on the ship te be searchin the bilges fer any but their own s***e. Mayhap we could find a place well hid where we could safeguard a message or a larcenied item where none but us whats knowin, savvy?"

201 to 250 of 1,114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Skull & Shackles, Part 1: The Wormwood Mutiny All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.