Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


1,901 to 1,950 of 4,392 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"The wise course of action is to deal with this Tartuk's corpse. Then we can map out the way back to Oleg's, restock as Sir Raslov says, and then take on those bandits."

Jameson shakes his head at Telias' impatience.

"Well go soon enough Telias, once we sort out this mine and the Sootscales."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

updated map

M is mites and S is Sootscales. You are currently at S.

The kobolds all watch the fire, even the hunting group before they left. They were quite pleased after last night's meal as the group managed to catch a Elk out here, even though it is a rare catch.

Edit: You guys might want to return the ring to Svetlana as well as report what you've done so that no one sees a kobold and shoots first, asking questions later. Won't be a very good PR stunt if a wounded kobold makes it to Olegs only to be riddled with bolts. :p


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"Not much left to sort out it seems," Ganit replies to Jameson as he sits on the back of the wagon washing a whetstone over the blade of his axe. "If we leave now, chart this area and the one encompassing whats left of the mite's cave, we'll likely make it to the outpost in time for some radish stew." He hops down and circles around to mount his own horse muttering to himself, "Gods only know how they managed to ruin perfectly good elk."

+1 to the idea the rest all agree to. Map our way back to the outpost, resupply, rinse, repeat.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Yup. I think that returning to Oleg's seems like a plan. We can report and restock there.

DM Aron, I think you mentioned it at some point, did I get a bonus for that book on arcane knowledge that I bought, and how much did it cost.

I say explore the hex NE of the Sootscales on the way back to Olegs so that we do not have an outlier.

Before we leave, I talk to the chief.

Do you know where the main bandit hideout is? We have been told that it is somewhere to the south, but we are not exactly sure where. The head of this bandit group is apparently a human with the head of an elk.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:

Yup. I think that returning to Oleg's seems like a plan. We can report and restock there.

DM Aron, I think you mentioned it at some point, did I get a bonus for that book on arcane knowledge that I bought, and how much did it cost.

I say explore the hex NE of the Sootscales on the way back to Olegs so that we do not have an outlier.

Before we leave, I talk to the chief.

Do you know where the main bandit hideout is? We have been told that it is somewhere to the south, but we are not exactly sure where. The head of this bandit group is apparently a human with the head of an elk.

You know I can't remember, will have to look at posts when you were back at Oleg's.Also I assume you mean the hex next to the mites one.

He thinks for a moment then and nods.
"We have seen other big people come from the south, but not one with a elk head. There are legends of a man with a elk for a head, but he is one of your gods, is he not?" he asks as he looks at the group with curiosity.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina begins to grin: His claims of being a god are as realistic as Tartuk's claims that there was a curse on the Sootscales. All lies and deceit. Whether he is a human who wears a mask, or some type of monster is as of yet unknown, but trust me, he is no god. He is probably nothing more than a bandit with a fancy helmet.


Male Human Bard 4

"Anyhow, we'll be leaving, Chief Sootscale, but expect us back in the near future. These bandits may prove to be a problem for your people, and we do not intend for that to happen."

He thinks for a couple seconds, and adds:

"We will be going to Oleg's, a trading post north of here, and then we're probably coming south again after a day or two. Does your people need anything from the humans? Maybe any kind of tools, food or other supplies?"


"We don't need anything. We will need tools when you start your kingdom and establish a road to here." he states, almost eager to get to work "I would love to be involved in building your city, if you'll allow it."


Male Human Bard 4

Bron looks amused at the kobold chieftain.

"How so, Chief?"


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Interesting, it is clear that you are far more intelligent than most kobolds. While I have not met many kobolds, I would guess that few are as well spoken as you.

What skills do the Sootscales bring to our new land? We know that you and your people are skilled at working beneath the earth, and thus would be of great value as miners. Is there other occupations that the members of your tribe would excel at?


M Human Druid 5

"Right, let the little trap setters and caravan raiders build your city. That'll end well." Telias mutters under his breath.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Telias Markan wrote:
"Right, let the little trap setters and caravan raiders build your city. That'll end well." Telias mutters under his breath.

Ganit laughs as he waits, mounted and ready to begin the ride back to Oleg's. He checks the sky and the trees for any signs of what the today's weather will bring just to get an idea of what the troupe will be dealing with.

Survival vs DC 15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 (Result: the next 48 hrs)


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"Telias you worry too much. If we let trap setters build the city then we'll be well defended, and they have sworn to forgo raiding. They are miners now."

Jameson mounts up, happy to see Donal again and spend time riding after so long in mines and caves.


M Human Druid 5

"Hells, why raid caravans when they can rob yer house." Telias grumbles. "This whole civilization thing is a bad idear."


Telias Markan wrote:
"Hells, why raid caravans when they can rob yer house." Telias grumbles. "This whole civilization thing is a bad idear."

The chief glares at Telias for a moment.

"I obey the law of the land, so do my tribe." he then turns back to Carina and smiles. "As I said, we know the lands well. If you accept us, we see you as tribe and will protect you and these lands.It is hard to speak like you big people, but I will get better." at this he turn turns back to Telias "Tartuk was evil gnome, turned kobold. Are all gnomes cowards and killers?" Chief Sootscale clearly doesn't want to start a fight with this alliance, but the whole idea of this prejudice he doesn't quite understand as the only kobolds he knows of are his tribe.

few times I think i've given him too many big words to say. He's more intelligent than basic kobolds, however his main stat is dex. Good to know if you take him on as a leadership role. There are 11 spots afterall, 12 if you include the ruler's spouse who's Cha bonus addes to the ruler's role.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:
Oleg Leveton AKA DM wrote:
Carina Stigard wrote:
I ask Oleg if he has, or can procure a book on the arcane arts? I want to study this since it is apparently my destiny.
Oleg will get in contact with a few merchants but it'll take about a week to get it and you'll need to pay for it in advance whilst he gets in contact with merchants.
No problem - it is more of a roll playing thing since she does not know much about arcane magic, or any magic for that matter. But since she can use any arcane scroll, I figure she should learn what spells are out there. It does not have to be the fanciest book in the world.

Here's Carina's answer. CAn't remember if we agreed on a price but should've deducted something and it should be at Oleg's as it's been replenishment time so it'll be sitting there waiting.

Oleg Leveton AKA DM wrote:
Jameson Addercop IV wrote:
"I too have some items I would like to purchase from you Oleg. Most of my list is fairly standard Same as Discussion list but I am wondering about a suit of platemail. Specifically I am looking for a finely crafted suit, but I cannot afford it yet. I would like to deposit some money with you, and when I finally have enough I will purchase the armor from you. How does that sound?"
"That's acceptable. I trust you will pay back the rest when you return. There are some skilled armour smiths the merchants trade with." he smiled towards Jameson. "So I'll put you down for masterworked full plate?"

This is also the answer to the full plate. Seems like you shouldn't have it yet, but you have given a down payment, though not sure what that downpayment is. I love this new layaout as it comes with searches for the threads :)


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"We can deal with this when the time comes. Right now our main concern should be returning to the outpost to ensure no Brevoy battalion comes after you before we can openly settle the matter," the ranger injects as Felicity begins to show signs of impatience.


Male Human Bard 4

"Seeing as we're going north, we could take a time to map the lands around the mite's former lair, and see if any survived the assault."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

That is what I was saying before, and also the hex to the right of the mites lair so that we do not have an outlier. Then next time we can come down the next column to the west.


Male Human Bard 4

So... What she said.


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn looks at Telias, trying to find a neutral tone of voice to take the sting out of his words.

"So let me understand, Telias. You think bringing civilization down here is such a bad idea. Would you rather keep letting this land and the folk in it suffer the rampant banditism, infighting and constant state of war? Do you propose an alternative?"


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

My vote was to carpet bomb the whole area, only problem is a lack of sufficient B-52 bombers and large quantities of ammo.


Male Human Bard 4

In a separate occasion, Bronwyn approaches Carina while they're taking language lessons.

"If you won't mind me asking, Carina, where did you learn that dragon language? I mean, I didn't even know dragons had a tongue before I heard you speak it. And what language is that one you speak when you wake up at night? They don't seem the same one."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Responding to Bron's inquiry:

According to James it is Orcish. I have no clue why I have been speaking it at night, but now I think that I actually understand it. Sometimes when I sleep I have these dreams, more nightmares actually, in them there is some monster, I think it must be an orcish shaman or witchdoctor. He makes me, or an orcish apprentice that I am in the nightmare, cast spells, usually in the process of murdering villages of humans, elves, dwarves and other civilized peoples. It is horrible. You can see tears in Carina's eyes as she says this.

When I awake from these dreams, I recall everything death that happened as well as how to cast these spells. Violent destructive spells.

Carina pauses for a few moments.

As far as the draconic goes. My father was murdered by a huge red dragon several years ago. I have studied these horrid monsters including learning their language. Someday I intend to be powerful enough to seek out this monster and pay it back for the horror I saw as I watched it fry and then consume my father.

Carina pauses again, regaining her composure.

I am sorry, I should not burden you with these stories. They are not your concern. But, I will happily help you learn draconic, as long as you can learn to speak as though you have a forked lizard tongue.


Male Human Bard 4

"It's not a problem, Carina dear. I actually wanted to know the cause of your night sweats, but I was afraid of prying too much. I feel honored that you trust me enough to be able to share that with me."

He goes on to continue the language lessons and doesn't touch on the subject again, seeing that it made her so uncomfortable.


M Human Druid 5
Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:

Bronwyn looks at Telias, trying to find a neutral tone of voice to take the sting out of his words.

"So let me understand, Telias. You think bringing civilization down here is such a bad idea. Would you rather keep letting this land and the folk in it suffer the rampant banditism, infighting and constant state of war? Do you propose an alternative?"

Telias waggles his eyebrows. "And you honestly think all that just popped up here out of the ground? Let me tell you how it goes son. You build a city right? And you get all the children, and all the good men, and all the good women, and all the rats, all the birds, the rivers a s%$@ and a milliion animals dyin ta fill yer bellies and the politics and everyon's happy because they got a job an no one has to rip the head off a chicken just ta make a chicken salad. But you know what? In come the bad men, the whores, the thieves, the killers, the liars, the hustlers, the crazies, and what do men like you and that boy do? Well, you come in and go 'we dont like that! Kill em all! Push em out!' An kin you guess where they end up? Then what happens, ye see, is all these bad folk come out here and they make trouble fer all the folk who see through that game, would rather take chances with the fey and beasts and barbarians who really ain't gonna bother ya if ye ain't got any city money anyway. An folk like you? They think 'oh those poor people! We better bring the city to them! It's their only salvation!" Thematically it might have been a time where you would expect the violent hobo to spit. Instead his hawk hacks and gags and coughs up a wet smelly pellet of rabbit fur and bones. "That gnome? Came from a city. These bandits? Driven from a city. Cities spend so much time pissin all over us than feelin sorry for us ye think they'd look down long enough to find thar pants undone."

Telias rides on in silence for a moment before continuing. "Ye ain't gonna convince me it's a good idea. Out here, a man dies, it begets life, animals eat em, trees nourish on him, nothin goes to waste. But when I walk within a mile of a city I can already feel the ground dying beneath my feet, the air chocking to death on humanity's own smell, the corpses rotting in the street." Telias shakes his head sadly as if defeated. "But I can't stop it. Wouldn't really want to anyhow. Not my place. But you can't make me like it."


Male Human Bard 4

Bron listens to Telias' speech in respectful silence.

"Wouldn't want to. I guess we do need a perspective like yours if we do not mean to repeat the sins of our fathers."

He rides silently for a minute or two, looking at the distance and thinking.

"But I believe it's natural for humankind (or dwarfkind for that matter) to want to build. I mean, if I have a son I want a roof over his head so when it rains he won't catch a cold and die. I want him to have a better life than I did, and so on. Just as wolves hunt in packs we need a sense of participating in something greater than ourselves, and all our live's histories are all about trying to find that something, be it duty -" he says, pointing at Sir Jameson.

"answers", he nods to Carina.

"or even nature, such as yourself. We all want to belong to something, and not everyone is tough enough like you to fend for himself in the wilds."

He looks puzzled for a couple seconds, and continues:

"What I believe I'm trying to say is that we all are just children looking for something out there but we don't quite know how to walk. I do not have a perfect alternative to this issue, and I doubt that you do. All we can do is try and make the most out of it."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Quietly listening to the banter:

While pristine nature is perhaps the preferred way, humans, dwarves and halflings, and to a greater extent elves and gnomes, have advanced to a point where nature in its full glory is no longer an option. In addition, there are those who would seek the opposite, rather than beautiful civilization, they would prefer destruction and annihilation. I have seen this in my dreams and must fight it every day.

Good druid, you are free to live in your wild, to roam the land and live with, and like, the animals. However, this is not the path that most civilized races choose, be they man, demi-human, or even kobold. We have been chartered to bring civilization to this land, to establish a kingdom founded on good and the rule of law. How exactly the land shall be governed is not yet decided, however, governed it shall be, fairly and justly.

If you do not desire to be part of this new, and soon to be great, land. That is your choice. You are free to walk away any time you wish. Just know, that you and all peace loving creatures shall be welcome as I, and I think I speak for my companions, will assure. Undoubtedly as with a garden, there will be some rotten apples. But if we carefully tend the land and the people, then the greater good shall be victorious and all people will be able to live long happy lives.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Jameson is silent throughout the druid's tirade, his lance steady, scanning the horizon.

Untamed land exist to be tamed. Civilization brings great things as well as the bad, but I will not convince Telias of that. Come Donal, let us gallop a ways.

Urging Donal into a gallop Jameson heads away from the group for a bit, though he stays in sight.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

sorry I've not replied early, was really bushed yesterday. Anyway love the roleplaying going on there. I will go with the assumption as you wish to explore and map this area where the Kobold's home is, move to the mite layer and map then move to the area to the east to clear a bit.

You all take your time mapping around this area with the mine/kobold home and the chief's promise is shown to be true as a few times you pass a kobold patrol and they don't give you a second glance, some even praising the group by screaming. "Killers of Tartuk! Great warriors!" but they do nothing else as it is obvious they are more focused on scouting the area and hunting.

You all settle down for the night
What's the watch order?

DM:

1d100 ⇒ 14 camp for first night.

1d100 ⇒ 5 encounter.

1d6 ⇒ 5 bandits


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5
DM Aron Marczylo wrote:
Oleg Leveton AKA DM wrote:
Jameson Addercop IV wrote:
"I too have some items I would like to purchase from you Oleg. Most of my list is fairly standard Same as Discussion list but I am wondering about a suit of platemail. Specifically I am looking for a finely crafted suit, but I cannot afford it yet. I would like to deposit some money with you, and when I finally have enough I will purchase the armor from you. How does that sound?"
"That's acceptable. I trust you will pay back the rest when you return. There are some skilled armour smiths the merchants trade with." he smiled towards Jameson. "So I'll put you down for masterworked full plate?"
This is also the answer to the full plate. Seems like you shouldn't have it yet, but you have given a down payment, though not sure what that downpayment is. I love this new layaout as it comes with searches for the threads :)

I'll need to search through the threads and find out how much money I should have, I'll be giving it all to Oleg until the plate is paid for. Hopefully it comes in before we get into another fight, I'll need to go back and recalculate what my AC should be.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Watches - Telias/Lukan --> they can philsophize together
2nd - Ganit/James - night vision and none spellcasters
3rd - Carina/Bron - language lessons


Male Human Bard 4

I agree with Carina's order of watches. There's a darkvision character in each one, and gives the spellcasters time to recover spells. But can we get the first round instead of the last? I don't believe the order matters much.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

DM:

1d3 ⇒ 2

Ganit1d20 ⇒ 1 critical failour
James1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

bandit 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
bandit 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
bandit 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
bandit 4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
bandit 5: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

As Ganit and Jameson are keeping watch they notice approching in the distance two figures dressed in leather and weilding longbows. They don't manage to get too close before being seen by the two of you.

Iniative:

The Hermit Ganit D'Artain 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Telias Markan 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Sir Bronwyn Raslov 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Carina Stigard 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Lukan Swane 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Jameson Addercop IV 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

bandits: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Order:

Bandits
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain
Telias Markan
Lukan Swane
Carina Stigard
Jameson Addercop IV
Sir Bronwyn Raslov

The bandits run in and start their attack, not caring that many of the group are laying down as they come in cutting with their blades. As they attack, three others emerge from the shadows. A few others firing arrows.

The first fires a arrow at Jameson and hits him hard whilst another emerges from the shadows to charge at Ganit with a shortsword. The third drops the bow and takes out a sword, coming in to cut at Sir Bronwyn, along with another who completely misses.

Attack vs Jameson: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
crit threat: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Attack vs Ganit:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

attack vs Sir Bronwyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

attack vs Sir Bronwyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

attack vs Lukan Swane: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

MAP

I assume the two shout to get your attention so all of you can act this round, however everyone but Ganit and Jameson are prone.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Round 1

Move - Stand up

Standard - Cast Sleep wherever I can get the most in 10' radius (I can only see 2 on the map). I will decide the location at the beginning of next round. Preferring to aim for archers as I assume Bron, Lukan, Ganit and James will take out the others. Will Save - DC15


M Human Druid 5

Can we get an idea on where the other three are? I have spells to lay down.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Telias Markan wrote:
Can we get an idea on where the other three are? I have spells to lay down.

Whops, sorry at first I thought they weren't going to win the iniative and three of them were successful with their stealth.

MAP


Male Orc Expert 5

Well fudge. Was hoping they'd be less up on us as they are. I'll have a turn up when I get home tonight.


Male Human Bard 4

Waking nervously with a sharp pain in his shoulder, Bronwyn blinks back the sleep from his eyes while he tries to stand and get a hold of the situation. He instinctively grabs a hold of his sword in the process.

Move Action: Draw Sword. Move Action: Get up (provokes attacks of opportunity).

"Wat?"

Sad to say but I believe the second attack has also hit Bronwyn. I guess he doesn't sleep with his armor or wielding his shield, so his AC should be around 1 (-4 for prone, -5 for effective Dexterity of 0).


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Round 1 Initiative 17

Status:

HP: 21/21
AC: 16
CMD: 17
Saves: 2/8/2; Evasion
Speed: 30ft, Climb 20ft
Equipped: Dahlia
Quiver: 20/20 Arrows, Cold Iron
10/10 Arrows, Silver Blanched
Conditions: none

+6/+2 Base, +1/+1 PB Shot, -1/+2 Deadly Aim, +2/+2 Favored Enemy; Total: +8/+7

Ganit remained silent for the duration of the civilization debate, keeping his thoughts and feelings to himself. When he finally felt the weight of obligation to provide insight, he guarded himself with a shield of duty and scouted off ahead of the group much further than normal.

At the fire he stays in the same state, sitting contemplatively and watching the fire rolling and springing over the coals at the base of the pit. It isn't until he hears the snapping of sticks under the weight of the charging bandit. He stands just in time to dodge the bandits attack and call out "AMBUSH!!!" He then sidesteps, draws his bow and shoot the bandit full in the face.

Misc: 5' step into G10, Move: draw bow, Standard: attack E10

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Actually, that attack would hit Ganit. He would be flat-footed since he's after him in initiative so my AC would be 13 this round.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:

Waking nervously with a sharp pain in his shoulder, Bronwyn blinks back the sleep from his eyes while he tries to stand and get a hold of the situation. He instinctively grabs a hold of his sword in the process.

Move Action: Draw Sword. Move Action: Get up (provokes attacks of opportunity).

"Wat?"

Sad to say but I believe the second attack has also hit Bronwyn. I guess he doesn't sleep with his armor or wielding his shield, so his AC should be around 1 (-4 for prone, -5 for effective Dexterity of 0).

ouch, forgot about that fact you'd be flatfooted.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Don't worry, the nat 20 still hits me! ;)

Round 1 Init 11 (3rd of 4)

Status:

HP = 20/25
AC = 18 (16 Charging)
Weapon Equipped = Masterwork Cold Iron Handaxe
Speed = 20'
Challenge = 1/1
Status Effects = None

I've posted my old stats since I'm unsure if we are technically level 3 yet.

"TO ARMS!"

Move forward drawing longsword, strike bandit.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


M Human Druid 5

Grumbling, Telias gets up, scratches his beard and prods Lukan. "What's the fuss about?"

Move: Get Up. Standard: Guidance on Lukan.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Ganit's arrow hits the bandit hard in the chest, stunning him for a moment, but he remains standing with blade still in hand. Telias moves over and grants guidance on Lukan.

I'll take over Lukan for now, anyone else want to take over for him? The sleep spell will only affect those with lowest hd first anyway. Will be cast next round. Yes, Jameson you are all technically 3rd level now for spells, feats and the like. Though for roleplaying Sir Bronwyn can do his learning now which gives him the point in linguistics.

Lukan gets up, blade in hand and steps over to assist Sir Bronwyn.
"Looks like you need my help again, eh Bron?" he smiles as he cuts deeply into the bandit, cutting into the man's cut, but not so deeply.

PA attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Carina gets up and begins to cast her complex spell.

Jameson marches over and strikes the bandit hard who had the bow in his hand and has a horrible cut on his body.

Bandits takes it's chance to attack to attack Sir Bronwyn.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

crit threat: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

If Sir Bronwyn is alive he get's an attack. With a bab of atleast +1 you can move and draw a blade at the same time. Even if that's wrong I just did that with Lukan :p

Sir Bronwyn strikes the bandit that Lukan already cut into, the blow of this mighty sword stabbing into the bandit's chest and dropping him to the floor.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Round 2

Order:

Bandits
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain
Telias Markan
Lukan Swane
Carina Stigard
Jameson Addercop IV
Sir Bronwyn Raslov

The bandits launchin gthei attack on the group, hoping to subdue them even though they just lost one of their members. The one in mellee with Jameson drops his bow and attacks with his sword.

attack vs Jameson: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

attack vs Ganit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

attack vs sir bronwyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

attack vs Lukan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

MAP


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

DM Aron, if you could get rid of some of the extra lines between the attacks and the damage, it would make reading this easier - it is REALLY long right now.

I can run Lukan as he is directly before me in the init.

Round 2

Lukan
Lukan turns and shifts to his left to get flanking from Telias, then goes to work with his sword and shield.

Attack-scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 +3BAB, +2 Flank, +3 Str, +1 Mwk, -2 2-hands -- I am adding 1 to the BAB assuming that he would have taken a level in fighter. Nothing added for level 3 feats.
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Attack-shield: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Carina
I target the sleep so that it gets the bandit by Bron. I think K10 should do it. DC15 save.

Standard action: Cast Magic Missile @F10 bandit.
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10 --> extra +2 from bloodline


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:

DM Aron, if you could get rid of some of the extra lines between the attacks and the damage, it would make reading this easier - it is REALLY long right now.

I can run Lukan as he is directly before me in the init.

Round 2

Lukan
Lukan turns and shifts to his left to get flanking from Telias, then goes to work with his sword and shield.

Attack-scimitar: 1d20+7 +3BAB, +2 Flank, +3 Str, +1 Mwk, -2 2-hands -- I am adding 1 to the BAB assuming that he would have taken a level in fighter. Nothing added for level 3 feats.
Damage: 1d6+3

Attack-shield: 1d20+6
Damage: 1d4+1

Carina
I target the sleep so that it gets the bandit by Bron. I think K10 should do it. DC15 save.

Standard action: Cast Magic Missile @F10 bandit.
Damage: 2d4+4 --> extra +2 from bloodline

kk, was trying to add some description. When I saw this encounter I just had to laugh. It'll probably be over this round. Remember you can center it over your party members as it effects lowest HD first and only 4 HD so shouldn't effect the group at all.


M Human Druid 5

Grumbling somethin about being rudely woken up Telias steps over and smashes a bandit in the back of the head.

5ft shift to g7
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Club
1d6 ⇒ 5


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Thanks, didn't think of that, I will leave it where it is. If these guys are 3HD, which is not impossible, then it will take the most centered first and I do not want to put Bron back to sleep, he has enough trouble with monsters always trying to eat him anyway, we do not need to start having him sleep through battles.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Round 2 Init 11 (3rd of 4)

Status:

HP = 27/36
AC = 18 (16 Charging)
Weapon Equipped = Longsword
Speed = 20'
Challenge = 1/1
Status Effects = None

Jameson swings again at the bandit.

Longsword
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"Surrender and you may be forgiven. Continue to fight and you will not."

1,901 to 1,950 of 4,392 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.