Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Chimera Squadron Gameplay (Inactive)

Game Master Tanis Newlun


51 to 100 of 180 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Horizontal view, for Dix


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1
Chimera Squadron GM wrote:
Current battle

Tenative 3rd round action: Fire crossbow at the white block I blasted earlier. However, it looks like Pikrak would be in my line of fire. Confirm that he would be in the shot?

Alternatively, the yellow block in front of Agota. Can I justify a shot at him without hitting her due to size difference?


You may shoot over her, with a 25% chance of hitting her, I think you can hit the black crossbowman in the back though, and you can't hit the one behind Pikrak


Male Tiefling Ninja 1

Dix, knowing that he's wounded, carefully makes his way out of reach of his enemy. Withdraw action, want to try and place myself into a flanking position with somebody.


Male Human Musket Master 1 {HP 11/11 | AC18 FF14 T14 CMD16 | F/R/W 3/6/2}

Round 3

Vayden quickly reloads with an alchemical cartridge and takes another shot. "Let's try this again." Vayden squeezes off the shot, then scans the battlefield.

Move to reload, standard to fire at black

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

Fair enough, firing at the black square crossbowman.

Must be the only elven-kin who doesn't pack a longbow, Kellen muses as he wheels up his crossbow and fires at the other crossbowman in the group - hoping to keep them both off-balance as the others advance.

Hit:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage:1d8 ⇒ 7

Confirm Crit:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage:1d8 ⇒ 4

Reloading as a move action - that OK to do in the same round, correct?


Nice shot, but it doesn't seem to affect him much...

battle update

The grey man steps back, and shoots at Dix:
1d20 ⇒ 41d8 ⇒ 5

and the gold girl stabs at Dix:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Next round, no ones gone...


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1
Chimera Squadron GM wrote:


battle update

Apologies, but there seems to be posts missing that says we got him, since the the black block foe is gone from the map. In any case...

Kellen moves 10' to the left to get a clear shot at the grey man outside of Pikrak and readies his crossbow to fire the next round.


Pikrak's spirits have lifted once his enemy has been vanquished. With a battlecry "For the Onslaught!" he charged at the archer standing near the entrance.
Charge at the white-top enemy, AC15 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 5) + 9 = 19


Male Human Musket Master 1 {HP 11/11 | AC18 FF14 T14 CMD16 | F/R/W 3/6/2}

Round 4

Vayden reloads and moves to another position for a clear shot. "That's right, focus on the holy man. Leave your back to me."

Standard to reload, move to move.


Female Dwarf 1 / Cleric {HP 10/10 | AC18 FF16 T12 CMD14 | F/R/W 5/3/6}

Agota watched Dix from the corner of her eye as he moved to flank. Our scout ain't doin' so well. Best to wrap this up so I can tend to him. She brought her morningstar around a second time to smash her foe.

Attack roll and damage, should I hit
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

New Round?


Dix has to roll to stablize, right? If not, he still hasn't gone...


Male Tiefling Ninja 1

Uh, I withdrew, so if the gold girl stepped up to attack me, I should get an AoO, if not others as well. I moved to set up a flank.


Yes, last round


Female Dwarf 1 / Cleric {HP 10/10 | AC18 FF16 T12 CMD14 | F/R/W 5/3/6}

Is Dix under 0 hp and bleeding out?


11 points of damage should put him under...


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

Since Pikrak has moved in front of him and it looks like Dix goes down, then Kellen will advance to within 25' of Dix (that looks to be 20' straight ahead).

If its possible, then he will cast Heavenly Fire on him. Otherwise, next turn.

Ray Touch:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Healing Affect: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

OK - maybe not.


The female EF member turns malicously to the man and black, "You bastard, thought you had me!" she yells as she plunges her sabre through his skull. The EF member male looks shooken by the ferociousness of his partner, but quickly turns to shoot at Agota.

1d20 ⇒ 171d8 ⇒ 5

The deft shot flies to Agota's shoulder, embedding itself deeply inside.

Next round


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

OK - I was moving to heal Dix, but if possible, I will use the Heavenly Fire on the yellow block enemy in front of Agota instead. Use the same rolls. The result would be damage instead of healing for 2 points in that case.
If the previous action doesn't apply, then my new action will be the same.

Seeing his dark-robed companion drop, Kellen's eyes flare in anger with golden fire. No! No else dies today - not because of the likes of you!

A beam of white flame stretches forth from his hand, reaching like a godly hand to strike Dix's assassin. (The yellow block in front of Agota).

Ray Touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Damage Effect: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


The searing light strikes through her hand, leaving a large burning imprint, of your hand, nect up.


Male Human Musket Master 1 {HP 11/11 | AC18 FF14 T14 CMD16 | F/R/W 3/6/2}

Round 5

Not sure if the Yellow block is still up. If so, I attack that one, if not, I'll attack the grey one. Move if I need to for a better shot.

"Damnit, looks like we'll be burying one of ours tonight." Allowing his anger to flow around him instead of embracing him, he takes aim and lets off another shot.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Touch AC

Damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


The shot lets loose, straight to the mans heart, he falls with a thump, to the ground.

Updated Battle

Sorry about the weekend, kind of didn't pay attention much, lets get roght back on track though!


Female Dwarf 1 / Cleric {HP 10/10 | AC18 FF16 T12 CMD14 | F/R/W 5/3/6}

Agota gritted her teeth from the pain of the shaft in her shoulder. She brought her hand up and muttered a short prayer.

casting cure light wound; sacrificing comprehend languages
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

Are we awaiting Pikrak's action? Or should I start off the new round?


Yep, waiting in Pikrak... He should finish this


Oops, I thought Vayden got the last of'em!
Having dispatched the second opponent, Pikrak charges at the remaining enemy.
Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage:2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 6) + 9 = 16


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

Assuming Pikrak is successful in dropping the last enemy. If not I will revise my action to an attack.

When the last of the strange guards drops, Kellen takes a moment to pause and exhale...his eyes returning to their normal color as the glowing subsides.

As if slapped, his head jerks towards the fallen rogue - Dixulri. He pulls a pouch from his gear and makes towards him to see if he can be revived. The wound is an ugly mess, but he hopes there might be chance.

Heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

But a glum look crosses his face. I'm afraid that it's too late..., his voice trailing off.


Male Human Musket Master 1 {HP 11/11 | AC18 FF14 T14 CMD16 | F/R/W 3/6/2}

Vayden draws his dagger and goes over the bodies of the dead while Kellen deals with Dixulri. "Any too far gone, gotta send 'em with little suffering. Any able to be saved, well always use a few prisoners."

I know in Pathfinder rules that doesn't make too much sense, but more fitting historically. Then again, magic healing I suppose. Anyone not dead, try to stabilize for prisoners.


Female Dwarf 1 / Cleric {HP 10/10 | AC18 FF16 T12 CMD14 | F/R/W 5/3/6}

Agota nodded her head in agreement with Kellen - the last blow on Dix had sent him beyond where even her skills could reach.

Puts missin' breakfast in perspective.

She commended his spirit to gods with a short prayer, then turned toward the work still to be done.

Some of this lot might still be saved.

She went to work in unspoken agreement with Vayden to save those they could among their fallen enemies.

If she finds any of the enemies on this side of life, she'll cast stabilize on them.


So sorry guys, just got back from a trip

Pikrak, miss, so sorry...


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

No worries. Please use the following action first, then I will followup with the "checking on Dix" part afterwards.

Kellen lets loose with another golden arrow that seemingly appears from thin air - unerringly striking the remaining foe.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Your missile flies through the air, and he falls to the ground.

200 xp each, what do you do now?


Male Human Musket Master 1 {HP 11/11 | AC18 FF14 T14 CMD16 | F/R/W 3/6/2}

"Let's finish securing the tower." Vayden brings his gun to bear, waiting for the others.


Female Dwarf 1 / Cleric {HP 10/10 | AC18 FF16 T12 CMD14 | F/R/W 5/3/6}

"Aye," Agota hefted her morningstar, "Pikrak with me in the front then. Since we've lost our scout, we'll have to bull our way in."


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

Kellen takes whatever cloth (from the bodies perhaps) or blanket he can find, and quickly covers their former comrades' body as best he can.
May the goddess' light guide you, dark one.

He then stows his gear and preps his crossbow to train on the tower - and focuses ahead to spot any further adversaries.

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Let's hope that proves useful.


Kellen:
you are very aware of more enemies in the lowly light room, just through the open door. The EF members in the room are all talking around the room with an ale in hand. For some reason, they don't seem to notice you guys, or care.


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

GM:

Any idea of how many I spot in the room? Besides the door; are there any windows we can see?

Kellen raises an arm and in a calm, quiet voice:Hold a moment...there are more guards inside - just beyond the door in the tower. I don't think they have seen us yet - they are not on alarm nor aware of us.

All the fury in his mien from before has disappeared. We must be cautious I think...


Kellen:
You do not see any windows, you see stairs in the corner, here is a picture Kellens Sight

Does anyone else want to do anything?


Male Human Musket Master 1 {HP 11/11 | AC18 FF14 T14 CMD16 | F/R/W 3/6/2}

"I say charge on in and say high. 'course since I'll be in the back, probably get Pikrak and Agota's opinions on that first." Vayden keeps his gun trained on the doorway, watching for signs.

Ready an action to shoot anyone who appears to see us inside the tower.


Female Dwarf 1 / Cleric {HP 10/10 | AC18 FF16 T12 CMD14 | F/R/W 5/3/6}

"They're not payin' us to be kittens mewling outside the door for milk. I say we go in there, grab ourselves a drink, and the first person who looks at us cross-eyed starts the fight"


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

Kellen glances around at his fighting companions while awaiting Pikrak's say, a brow slightly arched.

Very well...just find it a bit odd that that an alarm hasn't been sounded at our fighting. If we can use their drunkeness to our advantage, let's be about it then.

Without further preamble, he preps his crossbow and follows Vayden's lead to keep it focused on the doorway as they approach.


Who stands in the doorway? I need an order, real quick.


"We were given an order to capture the tower and it must be done at all costs. Here's hoping we don't suffer any more casualties."
Pikrak stands in the doorway, preparing to charge.
"The Onslaught hereby claims this tower. Your comrades are dead. Surrender now if you want to live!"


"Eh, whut'?" one of the men yells. There are thre people, 2 men, 1 female. The male and female hold rapiers, the other man has a cross bow at the ready. In the corner of the room, tied to the wall is an orc looking creature, with markings of the resistence(Rulga).

Initiative:
Pikrak, gray: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Kellen, yellow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Agota, pink: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Vayden, green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
EF members, red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Rulgha, orange: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Assumed Order
Side view of battle
Upper view


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

Kellen stays about 20' back from the doorway while Pikrak makes his stand and statement. He's keeping an eye on the door - ready to fire at any who might charge them.


"Eh, whut'?" one of the men yells. There are thre people, 2 men, 1 female. The male and female hold rapiers, the other man has a cross bow at the ready. In the corner of the room, tied to the wall is an orc looking creature, with markings of the resistence(Rulga).

Initiative:
Pikrak, gray: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Kellen, yellow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Agota, pink: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Vayden, green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
EF members, red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Rulgha, orange: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Assumed Order
Side view of battle
Upper view

Rulga:
Ok, I need a STR check, to burst the chains, or something else if you have a better idea, you currently do not have any equipment, it has been taken and stored in a nearby chest


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

On Kellen's turn - in order avoid shooting anyone in front of him - he will shoot at the red block on the stairs. From the side view, it looks like he's on the right side.

Kellen raises his crossbow above the heads of the others and lets loose with a bolt at the man on the stairs.

Crossbow shot:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

...and probably misses.


Kellen, Pikrak is blocking the doorway, he has to enter for you to be able to attack, that goes for Vayden too

51 to 100 of 180 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chimera Battalion Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.