Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Buried Secrets

Game Master overfiend_87

Magnimar, a city filled with crime and oppitunity. The players each have an issue, most of them being plagued with nightmares of the city in flames and others having more personal problems. The one man with all the answer, the notorious Irthir.


301 to 350 of 1,005 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

"Let the people in cages out, put the guards in the cages. This seems very simple to me. We take all the guards weapons when we leave, and the freed people can eat and wait for the guard, the tiefling can watch over them all. We need to not be here so that the guard can take the credit."

I look approvingly at the captain's great sword, and then look at and heft my own with a slight frown. "That is a nice cloak, we could fetch a good deal of money for it if we sold it."


Male Human Fighter 1

Good idea Rabe. Put those boys in the cells. But let's use that cloak.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

I could use the cloak. Actually any of us could use the cloak. I think that it is worth far more than what it will fetch in a store. If we take and sell all these bows and swords, that should fetch a fair sum.

Unless someone disagrees, we disarm the guards, take their equipment, and then switch the guards and prisoners. We also give the prisoners whatever food is available.


Male Human Fighter 1

That sounds like a very complete plan.


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

Utrath, helps place the guards in the cells.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

"Wise words Rabe" Ostog says and adds with a smile: "Good to see you can more than swing a sword and get furious."

Great idea with taking the weapons and selling the. I agree we should keep the cloak, it is to good to sell


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

It takes some convincing, but you can see many of the guards were guilty about the work they were doing, however one or two doesn't appear to be too bothered either way.

The tiefling, who introduces himself as Denis Dubosc, helps to convince them and asks with interest who this benefactor is.

Heavily Armoured men:

9x Banded Mail
9x Battleaxe
9x Spiked Gauntlet
9x Tower Shield
9x Potion of Cure Light Wounds
405 gp

Leather Armoured men:

240x Arrows
12x Chain Shirt
12x Shortbow
24x Shortsword
24x Potion of Cure Light Wounds
12x Potion of Shield of Faith +2

1068 gp

A old woman in the cage looks over at Jaidoh and puts her hand out, gesturing her over. This woman appears to have a butterfly broach that appears to be made of pewter attached to her clothing. Others look to your in hopeful smiles, but the woman doesn't smile. She's a human 4ft woman who appears to be quite elderly. How she's survived this long in these conditions is anyone's guess.

Just as Alcaydian makes his way a woman in black leather appears from the shadows. She is the same who was standing beside the gnome when he showed how protected he was yesterday. She's a young woman with pale skin and such beauty, but she has a perminante grimace on her face.
"He says, you are allowed to feed them, but bringing too much food will bring attention. Use this." she tosses a empty sack to Alcaydian "This is a loan. Please return it to our employer when you're done with it."

Denis steps in to add that the office he was in has food as it also doubles as a kitchen, but they only have rations, bread and the odd bit of cheese.

If you decide to take the time letting your spell casters look over it, it appears to be a bag of holding I which has more than enough food to feed them with.

DC 12 Heal Check on prisoners:

You can tell that they havn't been fed recently. Whatever they have been fed, it's only very little and their stomachs have most likely shrunk due to this. Not much food will be needed or otherwise you might make them sick and there will be a lot of food left behind.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh looks at the old woman then walks over to her.

With a smile she quietly addresses the elderly lady: Why are you here? You do not look like one that would fetch the value of transporting you to Nidal. Good lady, is there something I can do for you? Or perhaps that you can do for us?


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

Looking at the tiefling Ostog answers: "I can't tell you that, but thanks for your help. Is this going to cause you trouble?" Seeing that Jaidoh is talking to one of the slaves, Ostog starts to hand out food. He is quite surprise at the bag and tosses it on the ground with fear in his eyes. "It... it is bottomless." He stammers while backing away.


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

Utrath, agitated bu the delay, sees the state of the humans in the cells. "Here, don't be afraid, let me take a look at you. Don't be afraid of the way I look." he tries to hide his features in his clothing, bringing the cowl over his head. As he looks at the people, he calls, "Finder, what's wrong with these people, they aren't quite right you know." He looks around, clearly unhappy that the party haven't left yet. He eyes the young woman with distrust, unsure what she hopes to achieve here. Once Finder has looked at the ex-captives, he stands and makes his way towards the exit, "Come we should go!"

Healing 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 aid another Finder.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

I sit on the ground recovering myself watching everyone move round me. When it is time to leave I will stand and follow everyone else out.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jaidoh Palumbra wrote:

Jaidoh looks at the old woman then walks over to her.

With a smile she quietly addresses the elderly lady: Why are you here? You do not look like one that would fetch the value of transporting you to Nidal. Good lady, is there something I can do for you? Or perhaps that you can do for us?

"I was waiting for you." the old woman smiles mysterious to Jaidoh. The Song of Spheres watches you and horrors from your past will come and claim you. To your friends, a dark time is coming soon. Flames of pure blackness will engulf the city." as she says that, those of you who have had the visions now have a dejavu of the dream. The flames were indeed black as she explains. She then claps her hands and her image shatters into millions of fluttering butterflies that escape up through a open window.

The slaves there are all surprised and mention that the old woman did care for them and help them. No one remembers when she was brought in, but just that she was always here, come claiming she'd move from cage to cage. What many people are now saying is that they've witnessed a miricle.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh holds the woman's hand and then is rather surprised by the sudden disappearance via butterflies.

We are blessed by the Song of the Spheres. Thank you Lady Luck.

Jaidoh then goes back to the others.

Dark times are ahead of us. Let us return to the gnome and see what is to be done next.


Male Human Fighter 1

Bewildered and confused Alcaydian nods in assent.


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

Utrath watches as butterflies come from behind him and exit the building in a flash of beautiful colours. He stops to watch them pass and disappear through the window, a smile on his granite face. Something at last of natural beauty in this city. he sighs like the sound of gravel underfoot. He turns to look over his shoulder to see where the brightly coloured gossamer wings came from, but sees nothing before Jaidoh starts telling them what the future holds, and none of it sounds very promising. He shakes his head from side to side, before leaving with the rest to return.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

As you make your way back you notice in the distance that the city guard arrive to the dockhouse. They are armed and armoured up, but you get the feeling they won't need the weapons.

1d20 ⇒ 13

For a few moments you swear you are being watched, but each time you look back there appears to be no one taking a interest in the group. As you arrive at the tavern, the feeling is gone. The tavern is as rowdy as normal with the patrons keeping themselves at a tolerable level for the owner.

The gnome smiles to you all as you enter.
"I heard the job went off well and you saved the slaves. Congratulations!" he passes out coin purses for everyone again before then putting on his serious face. "I found some troubling news. The achemeics I mentioned are not from Korvosa. I managed to track down some clues and find out that they're members of a group known as the Blackfire society. We interrorgated the bodies of the goblins and found that someone let them into the warehouse, but I don't understand why they would. They did it for free and no money or favours were asked in return. I don't understand the method behind this madness."

Knowledge Arcane DC 15:

The blackfire adempts are a group of magic users, often with the focus on conjuration, who attempt to find rifts in space and time as well as create the said rifts and bath in the black fire produced by them which can give them forbidden knowledge and power lost to the world in centuries gone. These tears are nothing like summoning creatures, these tears remain perminant and let the multi-verse bleed out into this one.

They are often hunted down by a group of people known as the Rift Wardens, who wish to safeguard this world from their power-mad nemisis. The groups have both exsisted long before civilisation, but both have taken on many human recruits over the years that each one has grown more powerful.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

"Good thing we finally left." Ostog says as they see the guards approach the dockhouse.

Ostog looks puzzled at the gnome: "achemics, blackfire and bodies of goblins, I'm lost?"

I keep forgetting how much gold this time?


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Yes, who is this Blackfire society? I had a flash, almost like deja vu, after we freed an elderly woman being held captive. In the flash, I saw this city afire in black flames. And, what are achemeics?


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

Utrath nods at Ostog, "Yes, agreed" he replies slowly.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

I pay more attention when The gnome mentions the black fire that was burning the city but other then that I just seem to be recovering from our last battle.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

going to ignore the question of my terrible 11pm spelling :p Academics.

"The blackfire adepts are a organisation who try to tear holes in the multiverse, using some foul magic. Such unstable holes are seen from black flames that radiate no warmth, but give off an unsettling feeling. They travel through these rifts which is increibly dangerous, but those that return become...changed. They have had their minds and bodies altered either by making a pact with some evil creature or by killing it and stealing from it's body with some foul spell." he sighs heavily and pulls up a robe of red with black flame trim, tossing it onto the table. "We killed one recently. They wear robes like these, but the leaders travel, pretending to be academics or travellers. They used to be a ruling faction in Nex, but after they were exiled they have been scattered to the winds. Last I heard, there were none in Varisia, but clearly I was wrong."

He looks to the group with genuine concern.
"We asked the dead goblins questions with different spells. Blood Biography and Speak with Dead and that's how we've leart what we know so far." he shakes his head, getting up and pacing as he is focused on this "They normally only chase these rifts in hopes to become more powerful and never try to cause trouble because that would draw our attention to them. The question is, why? Why try to cause trouble when they normally try to stay hidden and I have not seen any rifts in this town, nor have any of my contacts sensed any. There is something wrong here and I don't like it."


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

So, what would you have us do? We are having visions which appear to tie in with these evil Blackfire Adepts. It is clear that our destinies are somehow intertwined with this monsters.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

"I will slay them all then." I say simply. "point me at them and they will no longer be a problem."

I feel that the "superstitious" barbarian would have been a better fit for this campaign haha.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Still early in the campaign, if you want to make adjustments to your character, run it by the DM.


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

"You say this, but we agreed to do three first, two we have done. The third, about some Sczarni plot with drugs, what was it? For each of these we would be rewarded well, I would have us finish our agreement, before we seek out further danger. Then you might discover more of these blackfires." says Utrath, his feet planted firmly on the ground. "If you need us to discover more of these powerful and secretive people, then we must hone our skills to combat them."


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

"You speak wisely stone man, perhaps I am too hasty to try and destroy our enemies. It is always good to hone ones skills, just remember that they will be advancing their plans as we prepare."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jaidoh Palumbra wrote:
Still early in the campaign, if you want to make adjustments to your character, run it by the DM.

True, however I think he was kind of joking. However, this campaign has a story I have in mind, but most of the game is tailored to the group so that it becomes a story for all of you depending on what you do, your intensions and how your character spends his free time.


Male Human Fighter 1

Well I'm not one to let visions be my guiding light but we did just see the Lady of Dreams herself today, I guess. So maybe we need to pursue these black fire folk with some greater urgency. Of course maybe the problem with the Scarzni is somehow related. Eh, I'll follow the group wherever."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Utrath Pallan wrote:
"You say this, but we agreed to do three first, two we have done. The third, about some Sczarni plot with drugs, what was it? For each of these we would be rewarded well, I would have us finish our agreement, before we seek out further danger. Then you might discover more of these blackfires." says Utrath, his feet planted firmly on the ground. "If you need us to discover more of these powerful and secretive people, then we must hone our skills to combat them."

The gnome nods.

"You are right. It is best for you all to hone your skills before taking on such a powerful foe and the sczarni hideout is the last one, for now. I'll be sure to spread messages of what you've done. Most groups come to this city, thinking everyone will give them work that will lead on grand adventures, but groups of adventurers are so common no one knows who to trust as many are so inexperienced or want money up front and then run off with it." he gives a smile to the group "The slaves will be a secret. The mayor needs the help since he's up for re-election after this new noble arrived, claiming he can fix everyone's problems and clean the streets of the Sczarni. A man who calls himself Lord Vislinsky."

He shrugs though and looks back to the group.
"Best not to get involved in politics. It's so messy I find, but he claims to clean out the sczarni." he says as he hands out the reward to every with coin pouches. "As I said in the past, if something comes up, I'll come and find you."


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

Perhaps this is an opportunity to find Freja or my honour? Ostog thinks as he listens to the gnome explanation and recalls the déjà-vu of the black fire. ”The thugs would be find by me, as long as we don't forget the flames.”


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

Let us off to this drug problem then." Assuming that we still have time today, other wise I need to heal and reast.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

Nodding at Rab's suggestion Ostog adds:"What do we know about these people? I don't like walking into a linnorm's lair."


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

As the two fighting men discuss the next assignment, Utrah lisens and nods to himself as they begin to ask the questions that need answering before they can be prepared for such a task. Remembering the strange tals of the druids above ground, Utrath wonders about the drug, what is is and what effect does it have one those who use it? Is it like those druidic powders that enhance the sense, so you could feel more clearly the sensations of nature, the wind rushing through your feathers, the warm current and waves in the seas, these and more.

"Yes, I am with you on this." he says to the talking companions.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Rabe the Huntsman wrote:
Let us off to this drug problem then." Assuming that we still have time today, other wise I need to heal and reast.

If you think you are all ready and able. There is plenty of the day left or you could spend the cash you have, sell items you don't want and so on.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

Well I am still relatively low on HP if I remember correctly I would have to go back a page or two to check and am about to run out the door to work but other then that I am ready to go.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Put your HP, AC and saves in your stat line makes it easy to keep track of them. And also makes it easier for the DM when trying to kill you. It is always nice to make things easier for the DM.

I am ready to move on. Is it the same day? Or did we rest? I do not recall.


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

Same day, but I like the idea of shopping trips ...


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

Current Hp: 6/15

I will add everything to my banner tomorrow, I do need healing. Anyone have a current Gp total from what we have been payed?


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

"We find out about these Sczarni first and make good our finds. Let's us sift through what we confiscated at the warehouse and rid ourselves of those things we don't want. Then after a hearty meal and sleep we can start afresh to rid the Magnimar of one of the Sczarni's drugs den. What say you all?"


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

That sounds like a fair plan Utrath.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

"I agree, the plan is sound."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

So who's doing the maths? Remember, 50% when selling stuff second-hand. Only thing that isn't true is for art, gems and the like but I don't think anyone here has any of that.


I'll do the math.

Is there anything we want to keep, perhaps the potions.

I don't recall how much money we get for this assignment?


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

Heavily Armoured men:

9x Banded Mail 250gp x9 x0.5 = 1125gp
9x Battleaxe 10gp x9 x0.5 = 45gp
9x Spiked Gauntlet 5gp x9 x0.5 = 22.5gp
9x Tower Shield 30gp x9 x0.5 = 135gp
9x Potion of Cure Light Wounds 50gp x9 x0.5 = 225gp
405 gp

Leather Armoured men:

240x Arrows 1gp x 12 x0.5 = 6gp
12x Chain Shirt 100gp x12 x0.5 = 600gp
12x Shortbow 30gp x12 x0.5 = 180gp
24x Shortsword 10gp x24 x0.5 = 120gp
24x Potion of Cure Light Wounds 50gp x24 x0.5 = 600gp
12x Potion of Shield of Faith +2 50gp x12 x0.5 = 300gp

1068 gp

In total: 1125gp+45gp+22.5gp+135gp+225gp+405gp+6gp+600gp+180gp+120gp+600gp+300gp+1068 gp = 4831.5gp

Per person: 966,3gp

Now we need to substract anything from our amount we want to keep, I assume that normal gear only deduct the sell value i.e half. How many potions do we want to keep? How much gold did we get from the assignment?


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Keep the potions and some arrows. There are a ton of potions, but it really breaks out to 5.5 CLW each and 2 potions of Shield of Faith each. I say sell the rest of the stuff unless someone wants it. If someone wants some armor or a weapon, just deduct if from their share and the sale price (50% of list).


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

I agree, keep potions sell everything else


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

Updated the treasure trove

Ostro, Utrath have shortbows, kept half the arrows.
Who is keeping the cloak of resistance?
Anyone using the Masterwork Greatsword?
652gp each of the share.

@DM AM: Any chance to put a link on the campaign page to the treasure trove so everyone can see it without searching through posts?


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

I believe that I am taking the Masterwork Greatsword, I don't know who wanted the cloak but I still suggest selling it, Depends on who calls dibs I guess.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

I don't believe we should sell it, It is a very usefull item.


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

OK .. so the share is now 623gp ...
Rabe has the greatsword, Jaidoh the cloak of resistance, as no one else wants to lay claim to it, but we shouldn't sell it. Utrath will use it, if Jaidoh doesn't want it.

Rabe, Oostrog, Alcaydian have 3 potions of Cure Light Wounds
Finder, Jaidoh, Utrath have 4 potions of Cure Light Wounds, 1 extra so they can make their way to someone who might need it (goes down).
Everyone has 2 potions of Shield of Faith

The treasure trove shares money left over after people take what they want. Each character has a total of the book value of what they have taken so far. That will allow us all to keep the things shared out pretty evenly, not penalise those who need certain equipment/stuff and ask for donations if too much is in anyone's particular backpack. Party Loot is shared across people hopefully fairly, but the character is expected to use it on another character if required or give to another character.

You don't have to take money out of the share for any personal items.

Treasure Trove

301 to 350 of 1,005 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Buried Secrets. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.