GM Jhaeman's PFS1 # 1-05 (# 33): 'Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible'

Game Master Jhaeman

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 325 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Pathfinder! You've been summoned on a mission to fabled Jalmeray! As you set foot on the docks near the northern tip of the isle, you see other Pathfinder agents are there as well. Explore, Report, and Cooperate!

This is a good time to describe your character and make introductions.

The Exchange

Small Female Wayang N Alchemist 2 (Mind Chemist) Buffs: Shield HP 19/19 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB -1 CMD 11 | F +5 R +6 W -1, +2 vs poison, shadow school| INIT +5| PER +6 Darkvision 60'|SM -1| Speed 20' |Condition:
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1|Light and Dark 1/1, Dissolution's Child 1/1, Cognatogen: 1/1, Bombs: 5/9, Extracts 1st 3/4

A tiny and gnarled young woman comes riding in on an energetic and powerful wolf hound. The dog seems at peace on the docks his tail wagging but the woman looks pensive clearly trying to see if other agents are nearby.


Medium Animal Riding Dog | HP 13/13 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11| CMB +3 CMD 15 (19 vs Trip)| F +5 R +5 W +1|Init +2| PER +8 Low Light Vision, Scent| Speed 40' Acrobatics +6 (+14 Jumping)|

Fluffy looks up at her mistress clearly pleased with all the new smells and sounds on the docks.

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Fighter-1 | hp 12/12 | AC:15 | F:4 R:2 W:-1 | I:2 P:-1 | TSRR:0 | GL | 124312-30

Someone who looks like a short human, but with antennae, and looking like some sort of warrior turns up.

Howdy ma'am. I'm Tempestas.

Dark Archive

F Lashunta Psychic/1 HP 1/7 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +1/Ref +2/ Will +2 Init +2 Perc +4|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

A tall, slender woman with elven features joins the trio. Her hair is covered by a brightly colored scarf, and her clothes are likewise colorful. She wears no armor. She's about to approah Grilgoth when she hears Tempestas' greeting and starts. "Tempestas korasha? How did you come to be here? I'm Zhaxia damaya, out of Qabarat."

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️6/10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☑☑☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none

There is no end to exotic places that this job will take me...

A well-dressed elf sets foot on the dock, his skin rather pale. His dark hair flows just past his shoulders to his upper-back. All of his facial hair is well-kept, and you imagine it must be trimmed nearly daily. He has sharp features that suggest sternness, yet he keeps a pleasant, cordial expression. His dark eyes however, seem rather cold in contrast and hide whatever is going on behind them.

His artisan's clothing is very practical, but he wears it cleanly. A spotless white shirt with ruffled edges and loose-fitting tan breeches. Overall, you get the feeling that he does't like to get dirty.

He sees a... varied group of individuals gathering nearby.

If those aren't my fellow agents they are the the most unlikely transplants. Either way they will have great stories.

He approaches them.

Well met! I'm Darzus. I trust you've also been summoned her by the Pathfinder Society?

He brushes off the front of his shirt out of habit.

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Fighter-1 | hp 12/12 | AC:15 | F:4 R:2 W:-1 | I:2 P:-1 | TSRR:0 | GL | 124312-30

Tempestas is visibly startled when he is addressed by another lashunta. He then puts on a deferential posture and bows.

I ... erm .... took a wrong turn in the forest m'lady, and ... erm .. came out in some sort of hedge maze. If I may ask m'lady, how did you get here?

Dark Archive

F Lashunta Psychic/1 HP 1/7 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +1/Ref +2/ Will +2 Init +2 Perc +4|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

Zhaxia looks rather embarrassed. "I was in training to maintain one of the great aiudara in Qabarat, and had something of an accident during what should have been a routine exercise. I suspect it's because I was also studying an unusual ysoki psychic discipline." She smiles. "It's been an interesting journey, though. We'll have to exchange stories later."

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Fighter-1 | hp 12/12 | AC:15 | F:4 R:2 W:-1 | I:2 P:-1 | TSRR:0 | GL | 124312-30

If that is your desire M'Lady then I will be only too happy to do so. Have you discovered any other lost lashunta here? I am from one of the smaller outposts .. the whale riders, watching out for Formian incursions

Silver Crusade

Male Grippli Un.Monk 1 | AC 18/18/14 | HP 10/12 | F+3, R+5, W+4 | Int +3, Per.+7 | CMD 17 | SM +7 | 30’ movement

The small, bright green frog like creature joined the others gathered in expectation of a mission. ”Greetings, am Eegru,” he says in passable, if not great common.

He bounces a little back and forth, exuding nervous energy. ”Am Eegru’s first mission,” he adds to the conversation. He didn’t have any visible armor, although he did have a staff and a net carefully folded across his back.

The Exchange

Small Female Wayang N Alchemist 2 (Mind Chemist) Buffs: Shield HP 19/19 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB -1 CMD 11 | F +5 R +6 W -1, +2 vs poison, shadow school| INIT +5| PER +6 Darkvision 60'|SM -1| Speed 20' |Condition:
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1|Light and Dark 1/1, Dissolution's Child 1/1, Cognatogen: 1/1, Bombs: 5/9, Extracts 1st 3/4

Grilgoth nods at the Grippli.

"First missions can be exciting. I remember meeting a Gold Dragon on my first mission. Imagine that?"

"So what exactly is going to happen. Who can say but that is the whole point of it. Right?"

Grilgoth nods to the others trying not to be too impolite. However speaking to one stranger at a time is almost pushing her limited social skills to the breaking point.


Medium Animal Riding Dog | HP 13/13 | AC 13 T 12 FF 11| CMB +3 CMD 15 (19 vs Trip)| F +5 R +5 W +1|Init +2| PER +8 Low Light Vision, Scent| Speed 40' Acrobatics +6 (+14 Jumping)|

Fluffy likes the sight and smells of new agents and barks in greetings to the newly assembled party.

"Woof!"

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Fighter-1 | hp 12/12 | AC:15 | F:4 R:2 W:-1 | I:2 P:-1 | TSRR:0 | GL | 124312-30

This is only my second Tempestas replied. My first one took me to a rather barbaric place where they hunted and killed whales. I found that ... distasteful

It was obvious what Tempestas did as he wore studded leather armour and carried a pack, longsword and shortsword, as well as a mug with the symbol of Cayden Caelin engraved on it. A long bow and arrows were also on his back.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Having watched from afar a half-orc shakes his head and makes his way to the odd collection.

A well groomed (too well groomed perhaps?) half-orc saunters to the gathered agents and says, "Hey it's either a Pathfinder's meeting place or some of the circus attractions got lost on the way to the big tent. I haven't seen like half of you all; what a trip. The name's Arioch and I'm here to help with any 'situations' that may arise."

He's wearing a well-shined chain shirt of an impossibly light cut, a fine cloak, and carrying a large sword at his hip.

Dark Archive

F Lashunta Psychic/1 HP 1/7 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +1/Ref +2/ Will +2 Init +2 Perc +4|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

"This is my first mission outside of the Grand Lodge. Two years spent as an archivist, and they finally decided I was ready to go out. It's good to be with more experienced agents."

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️6/10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☑☑☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none

I've.... a few missions under my belt.

The dainty elf brushes his sleeves off one at a time, continuing to straighten his entire outfit. Looking around at those present he remarks

It seems we have a capable group here today. I suspect they may try us with a little danger! He let's a wry smile slip for an instant.

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Fighter-1 | hp 12/12 | AC:15 | F:4 R:2 W:-1 | I:2 P:-1 | TSRR:0 | GL | 124312-30

In that case, I am honour bound to protect you Lady Zhaxia, according to the customs and traditions of our people.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

"Yeah it's not my first rodeo so maybe they wanted me to impart some of the wisdom I've learned to you newbies."

Arioch sports a grin reminiscent of a used wagon salesman.


As you talk and walk, time passes quickly and soon you see Padiskar ahead. The city of Padiskar, near the northern tip of the Isle of Jalmeray, is not so much a city as a ring of small villages surrounding a massive, howling ruin, from which terrifying screams of whatever the Vudrani Maharaja Khiben-Sald left there in ancient times can still be heard.

The new Venture-Captain Vasuman Mihir maintains a small safe house for the Pathfinder Society here, taking over from Padiskar’s longtime Venture-Captain Aamina Shahrazad, who, Pathfinder Society gossip holds was recently murdered by men loyal to Zamir, a bandit lord and alleged Aspis Consortium agent who operates out of the nearby jungles.

Finding the safe house presents no difficulty, and Venture-Captain Mihir wastes no time on pleasantries. “This is a fake scepter of the arclords,” he says, hefting a bejeweled staff in his hands bearing glowing runes across its surface. “You will lead a caravan toward Niswan carrying this false relic and several crates of minor magical items. My porter, a young boy named Waman, will give you a detailed travel itinerary, which you must follow with care. Except that it is almost certain that you will be ambushed before you reach your destination, since young Waman is a spy for the Aspis Consortium and has sold out and murdered a dozen or more of our brethren and associates, including our former venture captain--I’m sure of it. The scepter is bait in a trap, and you are the teeth. Do not let on to Waman that you know of his transgressions--we need him to lead us to his master, the bandit lord Zamir. We’ll either make Zamir our man or disrupt his business permanently. I’ll deal with Waman myself once this affair is resolved.”

Venture-Captain Mihir holds up a second item, a plain-looking but easily recognizable wayfinder. “This wayfinder is also a fake, although unlike the scepter, it does have real power. The dial always points to the scepter.” Mihir demonstrates, moving the wayfinder in a circle around the scepter, the needle pointing unerringly at it.

“Waman gave Zamir information that enabled the bandit fool to steal artifacts from dozens of our caravans and even from safe houses such as this one. Zamir has a method of disassembling the artifacts so that he can smuggle them off the island with ease, bound for ports of call in Cheliax. What we do not know is where Zamir is, since he never attacks with his men.”

“I gave Waman the information about your journey, so at some point along the route, Zamir’s bandits will ambush you. Previous experience indicates that his bandits will not kill if they don’t have to. Let them steal the scepter. You must put up a small struggle, maybe even kill or injure several of his men, but most importantly you must let them escape and they must escape with the scepter."

“Give them a few hours after the ambush to escape and then use the wayfinder to track Zamir to his hideout. Zamir is an arrogant man whose loyalties lie with whoever can make him famous to the people of Jalmeray. Right now he believes the Aspis Consortium is the answer. You will either convince him that the Society is the answer--as he could be a very powerful ally in the region--or you’ll end his operations for good. How you handle it, I leave to you. Good luck on your journey and may the gods guide your hand.”

Silver Crusade

Male Grippli Un.Monk 1 | AC 18/18/14 | HP 10/12 | F+3, R+5, W+4 | Int +3, Per.+7 | CMD 17 | SM +7 | 30’ movement

Eegru nervously licks his froggy lips at hearing the mission assignment from the Venture Captain. He didn’t have any skills that would be overly helpful in planning the mission, so he waiting and observed the others.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

"Let's start with the obvious: How good of a fake is the scepter? What happens if the ambush party has someone with them who can test it? This could go south fast; is there any chance of support or a rescue party? Is there a list of what else the caravan is transporting we can see?"


"Smart questions, something I don't always hear from Pathfinders," Venture-Captain Mihir replies. "The scepter bears an enchantment that should fool cursory inspection by amateur arcanists. If the ambush party has a master spellcaster with them--well, you'll probably all get killed anyway. But as far as I know, Zamir hasn't been able to enlist anyone of that ability."

"The other items in the caravan are really little more than trinkets, with nothing more expensive or powerful than an everburning torch. Again, more bait for the trap. As for a 'rescue' party? Let's just hope it doesn't come to that."

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Fighter-1 | hp 12/12 | AC:15 | F:4 R:2 W:-1 | I:2 P:-1 | TSRR:0 | GL | 124312-30

Tempestas just nods at the Venture Captain. I am fairly sure what my role is in all this Venture Captain. I know my job. I am ready.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Arioch chuckles, "So we'll either be found out and dead or hauled off with little chance of a rescue? Way to motivate the troops boss! Ah well if it was easy anyone would do it, am I right?"

"Also while the fake Wayfinder will point the way to the fake scepter I'm guessing it doesn't point the way back here. Assuming we can't use our awesome diplomacy to convince Zamir to switch sides how do we find our way back? And when you say you're going to deal with Waman exactly when would that be? Hopefully before he decides to murder us."

Dark Archive

F Lashunta Psychic/1 HP 1/7 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +1/Ref +2/ Will +2 Init +2 Perc +4|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

"Our inexperience may work in our favor, if Waman knows that--they won't be surprised if we make it seem easy for them. How much healing do we have in the party?"

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Fighter-1 | hp 12/12 | AC:15 | F:4 R:2 W:-1 | I:2 P:-1 | TSRR:0 | GL | 124312-30

Unfortunately none from me m'lady. If you wish me to, I could obtain potions

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None
Zhaxia wrote:
"Our inexperience may work in our favor, if Waman knows that--they won't be surprised if we make it seem easy for them. How much healing do we have in the party?"

"I have a wand but no means of activating it."

Do we really not have anyone who can use it? CLW is not on the psychic list? @GM: You sure you don't want me to bring in my cleric even though he's L3? He can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag that someone's torn in half.

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️6/10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☑☑☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none

Indeed, that fake had better be good! Maybe we should test it ourselves and see how easily it detects as such...

Darzus grins as the questions and answers proceed.

What intel do you have on the hideout? Is it well guarded and fortified, or simply remote and sparse with a few in-the-know?


Venture-Captain Mihir answers Arioch's question about Waman. "I'll deal with him as soon as your caravan leaves and I'm confident he's leaked your route for the ambush. I haven't decided what I'll do with him yet. Most likely I'll sell him into slavery." He says this nonchalantly. "As for finding your way back, I trust Pathfinders, more than anyone else, not to get lost in the jungle."

He then looks at Darzus and scrutinizes the elf carefully. "I have little information. The villagers are sure that Zamir has absorbed several smaller jungle-bandit groups, and we’ve heard rumors that the long-deposed and villainous monks of the Tiger’s Eye are working for him.”

Dark Archive

F Lashunta Psychic/1 HP 1/7 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +1/Ref +2/ Will +2 Init +2 Perc +4|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

"I can use the wand, but not reliably."

The Exchange

Small Female Wayang N Alchemist 2 (Mind Chemist) Buffs: Shield HP 19/19 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB -1 CMD 11 | F +5 R +6 W -1, +2 vs poison, shadow school| INIT +5| PER +6 Darkvision 60'|SM -1| Speed 20' |Condition:
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1|Light and Dark 1/1, Dissolution's Child 1/1, Cognatogen: 1/1, Bombs: 5/9, Extracts 1st 3/4

Grilgoth nods to Arioch.

"I can help you with that wand. It is better not to get hit in the first place."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None
GM Jhaeman wrote:

Venture-Captain Mihir answers Arioch's question about Waman. "I'll deal with him as soon as your caravan leaves and I'm confident he's leaked your route for the ambush. I haven't decided what I'll do with him yet. Most likely I'll sell him into slavery." He says this nonchalantly. "As for finding your way back, I trust Pathfinders, more than anyone else, not to get lost in the jungle."

He then looks at Darzus and scrutinizes the elf carefully. "I have little information. The villagers are sure that Zamir has absorbed several smaller jungle-bandit groups, and we’ve heard rumors that the long-deposed and villainous monks of the Tiger’s Eye are working for him.”

"Monks of the Tiger's Eye eh? What do you know about them? Numbers, where they're based, anything of use."


The Venture-Captain shrugs. "There are many monastical sects on Jalmeray. All I know about the Tiger's Eye is they are likely to be skilled martial artists, and to be wary of them."

He reaches into satchel and brings forth several scrolls. "Some messages were sent for each of you well ahead of your arrival. You can take a look at your scroll on the way. Good luck, Pathfinders. Remember: Explore, Report, and Cooperate."

The letters below are faction missions. For those of you who don't know, early PFS scenarios had special side goals depending on one's faction. These no longer count toward success in the mission, but can be fun and add a little flavour. There is a conversion table of modern factions for the older nation-based factions, and that's what has been used to designate which faction mission your character gets.

Grilgoth's Letter (The Exchange/Qadira):
Agent of the True Commerce,
Jalmeray is known as the Kingdom of the Impossible and when it comes to bribing their tax collectors this moniker is truer than the sun is yellow. Offers of gifts to smooth transactions generally lead to misunderstandings there and, as a result, our reputation in the Thakur’s court is somewhat sullied. We must work to remedy this, but by different means. We need to impress the agents of the Thakur at the grass roots level. Should you encounter any of the Thakur’s agents, please make a determined effort to make a positive impression on them, and make sure that they associate that impression with Qadira. I have one other request: there is a rumor that this Zamir acquired a dervish tapestry that does not belong to him. We care not that he has it, but we want you to prove that you have the skills to get it back through negotiation or bribery. Prove to me that you have these skills by carrying this tapestry through my door here in Absalom.
Best Wishes for a Safe Journey,
Pasha Muhlia Al-Jakri

Tempestas's and Eegru's Letter (Liberty's Edge/Silver Crusade/Andoran):

Champion of Freedom,
This man Zamir is a smuggler and a bandit. It’s clear that he trades in slaves, and rumors persist that he has captured and enslaved arcanists in his employ. The ideals of freedom must blossom in the tyranny of Jalmeray and you must find and free these prisoners! Return them to Padiskar when they are free. Since you’ll be in the so-called Kingdom of the Impossible, my superiors want you to deliver a letter to the Thakur
himself. Since this isn’t possible, you’ll need to do so through his agents. Take the enclosed scroll, and should you encounter any of the Thakur’s men, convince one to take the missive and deliver it directly to the Thakur. The Eagle Knight seal on the scroll will likely make this a difficult task as we are not popular there.
May the Fires of Freedom Burn Bright,
Captain Colson Maldris

Darzus's and Zhaxia's Letter (Dark Archive/Osirion):

Exquisite Flesh Morsel,
I sent a Chelish diplomat named Sananda Florez to talk to Zamir some months back and it seems to she’s been enslaved by that beast instead. Though the idea of Sananda in chains is… thought-provoking, I need you to find her and ask what message she has for her sweet mistress. This is our code, and upon hearing it, she will share with you what she knows. You decide if she deserves to be free. She was likely captured placing a small device (a smooth black stone) beneath the ruined gate of Zamir’s
hideout. While we can hear what’s going on around this device, it does not tell us its location--an oversight to be sure. Find this device and return it to me--there’s too much attention on Zamir now and it no longer serves a purpose. Ensure that none of your pathetic Pathfinder colleagues sees you retrieve it.
Paracountess Zarta Dralneen

Arioch's Letter (Grand Lodge/Osirion):

Servant of the Ruby Prince Khemet III!
This scoundrel Zamir is known to us. Another of our agents was with a caravan that he raided a few short weeks ago. The bandit stole an important and ancient item from the man and may still have it. The item is known as the Pharaoh’s Crook of Order, and though it is not a particularly powerful item, it is a token of favor given by the Ruby
Prince himself and an important symbol of our great nation. We care only that it is in the hands of those loyal to the Ruby Prince--you may keep it if you like or return it to me for a reward. My most trusted agent in Jalmeray revealed to me in a letter that Zamir’s hideout is an ancient monastery filled with statues (though he failed to note the location). One statue in particular appears to venerate one of Osirion’s greatest hand-to-hand fighters, the beauty known as Banafrit. It is known that all statues of Banafrit were commissioned as oddities and trinkets. Stand close to her ear, whisper the words, “In greatness, for Pharaoh,” and her head should click and fall off. These statues were commissioned thousands of years ago—there may be problems. Bring me the head and you will have the gratitude of the Ruby Prince himself. Do not damage the head.
Eternally Grateful,
Amenopheus, The Sapphire Sage

Silver Crusade

Male Grippli Un.Monk 1 | AC 18/18/14 | HP 10/12 | F+3, R+5, W+4 | Int +3, Per.+7 | CMD 17 | SM +7 | 30’ movement

The grippli looks at Tempesta and nods. ”Eegru am here to help the cause,” he says quietly.


If anyone wishes to make a Knowledge (local) or Diplomacy (Gather Information) check, the scenario lets me provide you a *touch* more information about Zamir.

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Fighter-1 | hp 12/12 | AC:15 | F:4 R:2 W:-1 | I:2 P:-1 | TSRR:0 | GL | 124312-30

Tempestas has neither

The Exchange

Small Female Wayang N Alchemist 2 (Mind Chemist) Buffs: Shield HP 19/19 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB -1 CMD 11 | F +5 R +6 W -1, +2 vs poison, shadow school| INIT +5| PER +6 Darkvision 60'|SM -1| Speed 20' |Condition:
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1|Light and Dark 1/1, Dissolution's Child 1/1, Cognatogen: 1/1, Bombs: 5/9, Extracts 1st 3/4

"Yes, I did remember seeing a passage in one of my books about Zamir."

The alchemist double checks a passage in a handy journal and sees what she remembers with her enhanced memory.

23 Knowledge-Local on a take 10 (with MW-Tool).

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Given the 23 I'll have Arioch aid Grilgoth:

Knowledge Local - Aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️6/10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☑☑☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none

Darzus reads his letter, takes note of what else he must look out for, and nods at Zhaxia who received the same instruction.

Gather information (Diplomacy): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Grilgoth double-checks her journal for mention of Zamir, while Darzus asks a few locals for any relevant gossip about the bandit.

Grilgoth:
You've heard Zamir is rumored to be a weretiger or perhaps a rakshasa! Perhaps more reliably, he is wanted by the Thakur (the leader of Jalmeray) for his activities as an unlawful revolutionary.

Darzus:
No one around the safehouse seems to have heard of Zamir.

In-game, the caravan is scheduled to leave two days from "today".

The Exchange

Small Female Wayang N Alchemist 2 (Mind Chemist) Buffs: Shield HP 19/19 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB -1 CMD 11 | F +5 R +6 W -1, +2 vs poison, shadow school| INIT +5| PER +6 Darkvision 60'|SM -1| Speed 20' |Condition:
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1|Light and Dark 1/1, Dissolution's Child 1/1, Cognatogen: 1/1, Bombs: 5/9, Extracts 1st 3/4

Grilgoth pats her trusty book and puts it away. Knowledge is generally less useful than the power of exploding fire but it does come in handy from time to time.

"Yes, this Zamir is wanted by the Jalmeray authorities. He is a rebel of sorts. Also there are rumours of him shape shifting. He might be a weretiger."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None
Grilgoth wrote:

Grilgoth pats her trusty book and puts it away. Knowledge is generally less useful than the power of exploding fire but it does come in handy from time to time.

"Yes, this Zamir is wanted by the Jalmeray authorities. He is a rebel of sorts. Also there are rumours of him shape shifting. He might be a weretiger."

"What does one use to fight a weretiger? And is there a reward for his head or something?"

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Fighter-1 | hp 12/12 | AC:15 | F:4 R:2 W:-1 | I:2 P:-1 | TSRR:0 | GL | 124312-30

Erm .... a long pointy thing? Preferably silvered so I'm told

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️6/10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☑☑☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none

If it has a mind, then I can damage it...

Darzus adds in.

The Exchange

Small Female Wayang N Alchemist 2 (Mind Chemist) Buffs: Shield HP 19/19 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB -1 CMD 11 | F +5 R +6 W -1, +2 vs poison, shadow school| INIT +5| PER +6 Darkvision 60'|SM -1| Speed 20' |Condition:
Resources:
Re-roll 1/1|Light and Dark 1/1, Dissolution's Child 1/1, Cognatogen: 1/1, Bombs: 5/9, Extracts 1st 3/4

Grilgoth waves off any speculation on how to combat Zamir. She would like to clamp eyes on the person (or creature) before passing judgement on what might or might not be effective.

"It is only a rumour but we will see. People can be so unreliable at times."

"Of course fire will work in a pinch."

Of course an Alchemist would say that. :)

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None
Tempestas wrote:

Erm .... a long pointy thing? Preferably silvered so I'm told

"Silver? Bah that's expensive!"

Arioch goes shopping!

Grand Lodge

Male Lashunta Fighter-1 | hp 12/12 | AC:15 | F:4 R:2 W:-1 | I:2 P:-1 | TSRR:0 | GL | 124312-30

Silversheen perhaps?

Tempestas also goes shopping. - mostly for healing potions but he does get a pot of silversheen

Silversheen - 250gp
Cure light wounds potions (x4) - 200gp

He offers two of them to Zhaxia

Silver Crusade

Male Grippli Un.Monk 1 | AC 18/18/14 | HP 10/12 | F+3, R+5, W+4 | Int +3, Per.+7 | CMD 17 | SM +7 | 30’ movement

At seeing the alarming lack of healing in the group, the grippli also buys a healing potion.

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️6/10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☑☑☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none

Darzus purchases some healing potions too on the way out (2)

Dark Archive

F Lashunta Psychic/1 HP 1/7 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +1/Ref +2/ Will +2 Init +2 Perc +4|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

Zhaxia has enough of her starting funds left to buy a single cure light wounds potion, and does so.

1 to 50 of 325 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Jhaeman's PFS1 # 1-05 (# 33): 'Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible' (Subtier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.