GM Peachbottom's War for the Crown

Game Master Peachbottom

Campaign Folder
Treasure
Oppara Map

Combat Maps

Hero Points:
Icabhod: 1 | Henrika: 1 | Liraela: 1 | Trevor: 1 | Tychus: 1 | Xallis: 1


251 to 300 of 918 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

F NG human mesmerist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4 CMD 16 | F +3 R +3 W +5* (+2 vs illusions) | Init +2 Per +5 SM +5 | hero 1 tricks 4/4 YR 1/1 | spells 1st-3/4 | effects/conditions none
Tychus Marcaius wrote:
He lands a solid blow, but is incapable of delivering the strike he wanted, due to how much his opponent is staggering around in her own drunken stupor.

Henrika squints at Trant, drawing upon the power of her hypnotic stare to again increase the pain their opponent suffers.

As a free action that Henrika can take once a round even when it isn't her turn, Henrika adds 1 damage to a successful attack on the subject of her painful stare.


AC 11+4, T 11, FF 10+4 | CMB 1, CMD 12 | HP 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Conditions: mage armor
Eidolon stats:
AC 15+4, T 11, FF 14+4 | CMB +6, CMD 17 |HP 19/19 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +6 , scent 30 ft | Conditions: mage armor
Navia wrote:
Talons: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 4 = 20

Oops! Forgot to roll to crit confirmation. Too much 2e in the brain, haha.

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 = 3


LN Female Vishkanya Unchained Rogue (Deadly Courtesan) 3 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 (13 touch/14 FF | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +-1 | Perception +5

Hearing the sycophant use her heritage against her sends Liraela into an uncharacteristic rage, and she steps up to the man before slashing with her dagger.

"Taldor won't have any room for you once I'm done!"

Attack, dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Her anger blinds her, however, and the blade slashes wide. Hopefully the cur sees she is trying to injure him more seriously, and takes that lesson to heart.

Switching away from nonlethal, she's angry! Missed, though.


Round 2

Icabhod’s fist flies at sycophant (yellow) but he stumbles out of the way.

Miss

Lireala stabs at sycophant (orange) with murderous intent and his eyes go wide in shock. He sputters in fear unable to put coherent words together. A wet spot forms on the front of his pants as he pees himself.

Miss

Navia hits sycophant (blue) again with a front kick and he falls backwards. His head hits the marble floor hard and he doesn’t get back up.

Sycophant (blue) takes 4 nonlethal damage and 2 lethal damage and is unconscious.

Navia can take a 5-ft. step to the left to attack (yellow) also, so I’ll assume she wants to.

Navia continues her momentum, crossing her right leg over her left and spinning around with a back kick into sycophant (yellow) who goes flying into a chair, destroying it, and getting knocked out.

Sycophant (yellow) takes 5 nonlethal damage and 1 lethal damage and is unconscious.

Tychus punches Malphene hard in the jaw (and Henrika’s gaze makes it hurt even more), splitting her lip. Malphene spits blood on the ground and growls at Tychus. ”You’re going to pay for that one.”

Malphene Trant takes 5 nonlethal damage (4 from Tychus and 1 from Henrika’s painful stare). I added the 1 extra damage from last round too.

Henrika tries to hit Malphene again but she’s not used to using her sword that way and can’t connect with her target.

Miss

Trevor shouts at Malphene again. This time, she snaps out of her frenzy. She looks around and her allies on the ground and throws her hands up in surrender. Her eyes dart back and forth in thought. ”Okay! Okay! That’s enough. If anything happens to me, my father will make your lives hell. But if you let us go, I promise he won’t hear anything about this. Deal?”

The two sycophants still standing (red and orange) follow Malphene’s lead and drop their fists and wait for your response.

Senator Dou says, "It's okay. I'm shaken but uninjured. You don't want to make yourselves enemies of the Trant family."

If you accept their surrender, we’re out of combat. If you don’t, it’s up to you if you want to continue to fight. It’ll be your turns.

Initiative
24 – Icabhod
20 – Liraela
20 – Xallis (readying)
20 – Navia (-2 non-lethal)
17 – Tychus
17 – Henrika (-5 non-lethal)
13 – Trevor
06 - Malphene Trant (-9 non-lethal) (-2 Will saves)
02 - Sycophant (Red)
02 - Sycophant (Yellow) (-1 hp; -6 non-lethal; unconscious)
02 - Sycophant (Blue) (-2 hp; -6 non-lethal; unconscious)
02 - Sycophant (Orange)


LN Female Vishkanya Unchained Rogue (Deadly Courtesan) 3 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 (13 touch/14 FF | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +-1 | Perception +5

The vishkanya stares at the man who insulted her for a few seconds longer before pushing the dagger back up her sleeve. Sliding her forked tongue across her pointed teeth, she takes a step back and clearly seems to be having issues calming herself down.

"I think that's a wise decision. Go on, scurry off before you embarrass yourselves further."


Male
Skills:
Diplo +11 (Charming +12)|Heal +11|Kn. Nob +10|Kn. Rel +7|SM +9|Kn. His +6|Appraise +6
Aasimar Cleric/3rd|HP 24/24|AC 19|Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6| Perception +5|Channel Energy 2d6, 7/7x/day

"Deal, ma'dam." Trevor said with arms crossed. "Good day."
Diplomacy (Charming): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
\m/_ Trevor The Diplomancer, Baby!


M Human NG Human Investigator 3|HP 27/27|AC16T12FF14|F3R5W3|Per6 Insp4/4

Get out of here and clean yourselves up. I suggest you all go home and sleep off the drink.


F NG human mesmerist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4 CMD 16 | F +3 R +3 W +5* (+2 vs illusions) | Init +2 Per +5 SM +5 | hero 1 tricks 4/4 YR 1/1 | spells 1st-3/4 | effects/conditions none

Henrika studies their opponent for a moment, attempting to gauge whether or not this is some kind of subterfuge.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Then she shrugs, sheathes her blade, and nods to Malphene with a bit of a military salute in her posture. "Who among us has not embarked upon a questionable action and then realized the error of our ways? I admire your willingness to examine your situation and change your course. Thankfully, no one was seriously injured. Farewell, Dame Trant."


AC 11+4, T 11, FF 10+4 | CMB 1, CMD 12 | HP 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Conditions: mage armor
Eidolon stats:
AC 15+4, T 11, FF 14+4 | CMB +6, CMD 17 |HP 19/19 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +6 , scent 30 ft | Conditions: mage armor

Xallis lets out a deep sigh of relief. "I'm glad that rationality can win over, well, whatever this is."

Getting his wits about him, he looks over the situation, trying to make more sense of it.

Knowledge (Nobility) about the Trant family: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Navia offers them a friendly wave on the way out. "That was the most fun I've had all night. We should do this again sometime."


Henrika wrote:
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Henrika does not sense any deception from Malphene.

Xallis wrote:
Knowledge (Nobility) about the Trant family: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

The Trant family hails from Whitemarch, and its members are quick to use the threat of Qadiran aggression to maintain control of their holdings. While they don’t care one way or the other about women’s rights, much of their influence comes from supporting the staunchly traditional Maxillar Pythareus. Malphene’s father, Senator Trant, is in attendance at the Gala tonight.

”Let’s get out of here boys.” Malphene commands her followers. The two remaining sycophants grumble and drag their unconscious allies past you and out into the hallway. Malphene storms off and leaves them to deal with the mess.

Senator Dou picks himself up off the ground and walks up to each of you, taking your hand, and profusely thanking you. ”Thank you. Dame Trant was trying to intimidate me into changing my vote. If you hadn’t arrived when you did, I may have received a severe beating. Please drop by my office in the morning and I’ll have a reward for you. You can just let me rest here for a bit. I’m still trembling from the encounter.”

Outside, Kalbio approaches the group. ”What happened? Are you all okay?” He looks at Henrika with concern. ”Did someone hit you?”

Once you clean yourselves up, you will have three more social rounds until the next event.

Martella Lotheed messages you through your badges, ”Grand Prince Stavian III is arriving shortly. If you wish to speak with Princess Eutropia or Maxillar Pythareus, now might be your last chance to do so.”

Bonuses/Penalties:
•You can use any of the skills listed for the Senate Floor to influence any other location: Bluff, Knowledge (local, nobility, or religion), Perform (oratory), Profession (clerk or barrister), or Sense Motive.
•Trevor and Tychus have a +2 bonus on their skill checks for their missions.
•Uncovering Countess Pace’s stance has granted everyone a +2 circumstance bonus on skill checks to influence Baron Okerra, Lady Gloriana Morilla, and Princess Eutropia.
•Kalbio is accompanying Liraela which grants her a +2 bonus on Charisma-based skills when influencing Princess Eutropia and Baron Nicolaus Okerra, but imposes a -2 penalty on Charisma-based skills when influencing Countess Pace, Duke Centimus, and Maxillar Pythareus.

Special Notes:
•Princess Eutropia is difficult to corner so only one character can attempt to influence her in any given social round. You can do as many discoveries on her as you want though.


Male
Skills:
Diplo +11 (Charming +12)|Heal +11|Kn. Nob +10|Kn. Rel +7|SM +9|Kn. His +6|Appraise +6
Aasimar Cleric/3rd|HP 24/24|AC 19|Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6| Perception +5|Channel Energy 2d6, 7/7x/day
GM Peachbottom wrote:
Martella Lotheed messages you through your badges, ”Grand Prince Stavian III is arriving shortly. If you wish to speak with Princess Eutropia or Maxillar Pythareus, now might be your last chance to do so.”

"Oh sh|t", Trevor exclaims to himself. The caydenite leaves his coterie to clean up, as he makes his way back to the Courtyard, straightening his clothes as he goes. Trevor will attempt to engage Princess Eutropia.

Diplomacy (Charming): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Trevor steps forward to bow deeply to the Princess.
"Princess Eutropia. It is a great honor to make your acquaintance. My name is Trevor Kastner, a cleric of Cayden Cailean. Thank you for gracing us with your presence this day."


LN Human Bolt Ace 2/Sanctified Slayer 1| HP 27/27 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 | Perception +8 | Grit: 2/2

As the combat winds down and Trant concedes defeat, Tychus relaxes his combat stance and gives her a crooked smile. Internally, his heart is pounding. While no stranger to a scuffle, had the combat gone on any longer, he is sure she would have gained the upper hand. His noble clothes are already dirty and scuffed from the brief fight.

Tychus ensures that Junior Senator Dou is ok, then he follows the Caydenite to go see the Princess.

I'll have to wait my turn to speak with Eutropia.


LN Human Bolt Ace 2/Sanctified Slayer 1| HP 27/27 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 | Perception +8 | Grit: 2/2

As Trevor begins conversing with Princess Eutropia, Tychus wanders around the Courtyard a bit while waiting for his turn.

He attempts to converse with some nobles about some of the local animals.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


F NG human mesmerist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4 CMD 16 | F +3 R +3 W +5* (+2 vs illusions) | Init +2 Per +5 SM +5 | hero 1 tricks 4/4 YR 1/1 | spells 1st-3/4 | effects/conditions none

Henrika also heads to the courtyard, hoping to catch a glimpse of the Princess. While there, she smiles and bows to the other nobles as if seeing them is the highlight of her evening.

Bluff to Influence the Courtyard (DC 14): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


M Human NG Human Investigator 3|HP 27/27|AC16T12FF14|F3R5W3|Per6 Insp4/4

Icabhod meanders over to Maxillar Pythareus.

Good evening High Strategos. Hopefully things aren't to tedious here. I must say they have let far too much rabble inside, 'Lady' Malphene had to disgrace herself upstairs and the newest noble to be is rather underwhelming.

Influence
Know-Local,Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 7 + (3) = 26


Social Round 1 of 3

Trevor

Trevor wrote:

Diplomacy (Charming): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Trevor steps forward to bow deeply to the Princess.
"Princess Eutropia. It is a great honor to make your acquaintance. My name is Trevor Kastner, a cleric of Cayden Cailean. Thank you for gracing us with your presence this day."

(Changing that to a Knowledge (local) Influence check, 16+1+2=19. Success.)

The Princess curtseys. ”The pleasure is mine, young priest. I hope you are enjoying the evening.”

Influencing Princess Eutropia amounts to little more than the princess acknowledging Trevor’s presence. This minor acknowledgment alone is enough to impress every local present at the festivities.

(Each of you gains a one-time reroll that can be used on any skill check attempted during this portion of the adventure. Princess Eutropia is fully influenced. Tychus can still talk to her, but there isn’t any additional influence benefit.)

Tychus

Tychus wrote:

He attempts to converse with some nobles about some of the local animals.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Courtyard: With a Knowledge (local) result of 20, Tychus is 8 points above the DC 12, earning him 8 influence points and increasing the threshold total from 11 to 19 and hitting the first threshold at 15 points.

Tychus has ingratiated himself enough into the political scene that tongues begin to waggle around him.

Each of you immediately learns a single additional Influence skill of the NPC of your choice. Everyone tell me next time you post, which NPC you want to learn a skill for.

You all are making good progress. The only ones left to Influence really are Lady Gloriana Morilla, High Strategos Maxillar Pythareous, or Wyssilka the Fantabulous. So each of you pick one of those three. More then one of you can pick the same person too because they each have multiple skills you can learn.

Henrika

Henrika wrote:

Henrika also heads to the courtyard, hoping to catch a glimpse of the Princess. While there, she smiles and bows to the other nobles as if seeing them is the highlight of her evening.

Bluff to Influence the Courtyard (DC 14): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Henrika joins the others in the courtyard and starts making her own friends.

Courtyard: With a Bluff result of 16, Henrika is 2 points above the DC 14, earning her 2 influence points and increasing the threshold total from 19 to 21. It does not yet reach the second threshold at 30 points.

Icabhod

Icabhod wrote:

Good evening High Strategos. Hopefully things aren't to tedious here. I must say they have let far too much rabble inside, 'Lady' Malphene had to disgrace herself upstairs and the newest noble to be is rather underwhelming.

Influence Discover
Know-Local,Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 7 + (3) = 26

The general grunts and stares disapprovingly at Icabhod. ”The Trants are allies of mine. Be careful who you call rabble around me. And I care nothing of politics. The effectiveness of any of the senators in of no concern of mine.”

(Icabhod succeeds at a Discovery check on Maxillar Pythareus. When you discover, I try to give you the best skill for your character. Unfortunately, none of the skills to Influence Maxillar are good ones for Icabhod. Icabhod learns the Maxillar can be Influenced with a successful DC 16 Profession (soldier) check.)

Xallis and Liraela can still choose an action.


Male
Skills:
Diplo +11 (Charming +12)|Heal +11|Kn. Nob +10|Kn. Rel +7|SM +9|Kn. His +6|Appraise +6
Aasimar Cleric/3rd|HP 24/24|AC 19|Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6| Perception +5|Channel Energy 2d6, 7/7x/day
GM Peachbottom wrote:

Social Round 1 of 3

The Princess curtseys. ”The pleasure is mine, young priest. I hope you are enjoying the evening.”

Influencing Princess Eutropia amounts to little more than the princess acknowledging Trevor’s presence. This minor acknowledgment alone is enough to impress every local present at the festivities.

Trevor humbly bows and backs away from Princess Eutropia. Making sure others have a chance to make an impression with the royal.


AC 11+4, T 11, FF 10+4 | CMB 1, CMD 12 | HP 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Conditions: mage armor
Eidolon stats:
AC 15+4, T 11, FF 14+4 | CMB +6, CMD 17 |HP 19/19 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +6 , scent 30 ft | Conditions: mage armor

Xallis briefly considers his options. Despite that little spot of trouble, the night seems to be going quite well. With his own mission taken care of, and his allies presumably well on the way to finishing theirs, he decides to catch up with an old not-quite-friend.

"Lady Gloriana Morilla, what a pleasure to see you here." Xallis bows slightly towards the noble. "You may not remember me. I'm Xallis Livara, and I used to be a member of the Pathfinder Society before family business called me home. I tended to spend most of my time hanging around Paracountess Zarta Dralneen, but I always did appreciate what you contributed to the Society."

Xallis engages her in idle conversation, all while Navia stood close and watched. Listened. Checking for any odd reaction or sign of interest.

Rolling a discovery check to see what skills can influence Lady Morilla.

Navia's Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


LN Human Bolt Ace 2/Sanctified Slayer 1| HP 27/27 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 | Perception +8 | Grit: 2/2
GM Peachbottom wrote:
Each of you immediately learns a single additional Influence skill of the NPC of your choice. Everyone tell me next time you post, which NPC you want to learn a skill for.

High Strategos Maxillar Pythareous please.

Seeing an opening, Tychus returns to the Princess's side.

"My lady." Tychus bows to her once more. He sheepishly glances down at his now creased clothing.

"It seems it is almost time. I just wanted you to know, as I'm sure you're already aware, that the people of Taldor admire your bravery. It can't be easy to go against so many years of tradition. We, the people, stand behind you."


Social Round 1 of 3

Xallis wrote:

"Lady Gloriana Morilla, what a pleasure to see you here." Xallis bows slightly towards the noble. "You may not remember me. I'm Xallis Livara, and I used to be a member of the Pathfinder Society before family business called me home. I tended to spend most of my time hanging around Paracountess Zarta Dralneen, but I always did appreciate what you contributed to the Society."

Xallis engages her in idle conversation, all while Navia stood close and watched. Listened. Checking for any odd reaction or sign of interest.
Rolling a discovery check to see what skills can influence Lady Morilla.
Navia's Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Lady Morilla responds, ”Xallis. That name does sound familiar. But I can’t say I remember any of your deeds. I look forward to hearing what you accomplish in the future.”

Although Xallis and Lady Morilla chat, his Discovery attempt does not succeed.

Social Round 2 of 3

GM Peachbottom wrote:

Each of you immediately learns a single additional Influence skill of the NPC of your choice. Everyone tell me next time you post, which NPC you want to learn a skill for.

You all are making good progress. The only ones left to Influence really are Lady Gloriana Morilla, High Strategos Maxillar Pythareous, or Wyssilka the Fantabulous. So each of you pick one of those three. More then one of you can pick the same person too because they each have multiple skills you can learn.

I tried to highlight this benefit but it seems like not everyone saw it. For the sake of time, since there are 6 of you and 3 targets left, I’ll have you learn 2 skills about each of them.

Lady Glorina Morilla can be Influenced with Diplomacy or Knowledge (nobility) both DC 14.
Maxillar Pythareus can be Influenced with Diplomacy or Intimidate both DC 22.
Wyssilka can be Influenced with Diplomacy or Perform (any) both DC 16.

Bonuses/Penalties:
•You can use any of the skills listed for the Senate Floor to influence any other location: Bluff, Knowledge (local, nobility, or religion), Perform (oratory), Profession (clerk or barrister), or Sense Motive.
•Trevor and Tychus have a +2 bonus on their skill checks for their missions.
•Everyone has a +2 circumstance bonus on skill checks to influence Baron Okerra, Lady Gloriana Morilla, and Princess Eutropia.
•Kalbio is accompanying Liraela which grants her a +2 bonus on Charisma-based skills when influencing Princess Eutropia and Baron Nicolaus Okerra, but imposes a -2 penalty on Charisma-based skills when influencing Countess Pace, Duke Centimus, and Maxillar Pythareus.
•Each of you has a one-time reroll that can be used on any skill check attempted during this portion of the adventure.

Tychus wrote:

Seeing an opening, Tychus returns to the Princess's side.

"My lady." Tychus bows to her once more. He sheepishly glances down at his now creased clothing.

"It seems it is almost time. I just wanted you to know, as I'm sure you're already aware, that the people of Taldor admire your bravery. It can't be easy to go against so many years of tradition. We, the people, stand behind you."

The Princess smiles. ”I’m glad to see you again, Sir Tychus.” The gathered crowd is clearly jealous that the Princess remembered your name. ”Thank you for your support. I promise you, no matter what the result, I will not give up the fight.”

You can each take your second social round action. I decided not a pick an action for Liraela for round 1, so she can pick two actions for round 1 and 2.


LN Female Vishkanya Unchained Rogue (Deadly Courtesan) 3 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 (13 touch/14 FF | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +-1 | Perception +5

Social Round 1

Liraela sees Tychus struggling to finish his mission in what time they may have left, and offers to help take some things where they need to go.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Unfortunately Kalbio follows her even here, and obstructs her progress.

Social Round 2

Insisting upon trying again and telling Kalbio to stay put for one second, she finally makes her way through the crowd and delivers the package to the right recipient.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Not sure which Tychus wants me to do, I can deliver the message or return the files.


Male
Skills:
Diplo +11 (Charming +12)|Heal +11|Kn. Nob +10|Kn. Rel +7|SM +9|Kn. His +6|Appraise +6
Aasimar Cleric/3rd|HP 24/24|AC 19|Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6| Perception +5|Channel Energy 2d6, 7/7x/day

Social Round 2 of 3

After meeting Princess Eutropia, Trevor's head was in the clouds. A glint caught his eye. That glint came from the holy symbol of Cayden Cailean around his neck. At that moment, The caydenite realized his mission was only half completed. He had to manufacture some damning evidence about Earl Calhadion Vernisant. But this feat was beyond the cleric's ability. So Trevor found a quiet corner and did what all people of faith have done when backed against the wall, implore their gods. Well, his god. Cayden Cailean. After several minutes of deep introspection, a vision came to his mind.

Trevor was bartending at some tavern he did not recognize. But the individual he was pouring a drink for he did recognize. Cayden Cailean sat on the bar stool on the other side of the bar. And he did not look happy. The Accidental God rested his head on his hand, looking up at his cleric. "Really, Trevor?" The Drunken God asked behind heavily-lidded eyes.

Trevor took a step back to bow before his deity. "It is ultimately for a good cause, Boss. It could lead to a more freer Taldor." The cleric shifted uncomfortably. "I understand that Trickery is not one of your Domains, but.."

"Stow it", an annoyed Cayden retorted. "That ale your pouring me better be damn good, Trevor. I can almost hear Abadar's admonishment already. And we're not exactly friends, my cleric."

Trevor concentrated on pouring the perfect ale, with only a light head. Cayden Cailean took the ale as soon as it was poured, and drank it down in a few gulps. Really 'throating it', as they say over at The Gatehouse.

Cayden wiped his mouth and set down the mug. "If I didn't know better, I'd swear you also invoked Desna. Because you, Trevor Boy, got lucky."

Linguistics (untrained, with book bonus): 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 2 = 19

Trevor's vision instantly cleared, almost painfully so. He was still in the Courtyard. But now he was holding a plain folder. Inside, the file held everything the cleric needed to complete his character assassination. Meekly, Trevor looked around and said under his breath, "Thanks, Boss."


F NG human mesmerist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4 CMD 16 | F +3 R +3 W +5* (+2 vs illusions) | Init +2 Per +5 SM +5 | hero 1 tricks 4/4 YR 1/1 | spells 1st-3/4 | effects/conditions none

Henrika continues to rub elbows with the movers and shakers in the courtyard, spreading word of her group's obvious favor with the Princess while showing off her senate badge. "She told us that she would not give up the fight, no matter what the result. What a shining example of our time she is, and the perfect embodiment of our people, too!"

Knowledge (nobility) to Influence the courtyard (DC 12): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


AC 11+4, T 11, FF 10+4 | CMB 1, CMD 12 | HP 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Conditions: mage armor
Eidolon stats:
AC 15+4, T 11, FF 14+4 | CMB +6, CMD 17 |HP 19/19 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +6 , scent 30 ft | Conditions: mage armor
GM Peachbottom wrote:

I tried to highlight this benefit but it seems like not everyone saw it. For the sake of time, since there are 6 of you and 3 targets left, I’ll have you learn 2 skills about each of them.

Oops, sorry. That's what I get for posting right before bed.

Social Round 2 of 3

Xallis continues to chat up his target. "But I do wonder. How is that go-getting organization doing these days? I'm sure you've made much progress in your endeavors. Do tell."

Diplomacy to Influence Lady Morilla: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Social Round 2 of 3

Liraela

On her second attempt, Liraela delivers the letter to Duke Centimus.

”Oh, you aren’t who I was expecting.” responds the Duke. He puts the letter in his pocket. ”Regardless, you can let your master know that I have accepted the message. Thank you.”

(Liraela successfully delivered the letter to Duke Centimus for Tychus’ mission. The last step is to return a file to the archives. It is the same check as delivering a letter.)

Trevor

Trevor wrote:
Trevor posted his Social Round 2. It took creative license. Hope that was okay.

I like it.

With divine inspiration Trevor pens an outrageous scandal. Slipping the note to someone in the crowd, word of Earl Vernisant’s corruption spreads like wildfire. The Earl will have his hands full trying to clear his name of this disgrace.

(Trevor successfully completed his mission!)

Henrika

Henrika’s efforts make her very popular amongst the guests in the courtyard. Support for the Princess and for your group grows.

Courtyard: With a Knowledge (nobility) result of 27, Henrika is 15 points above the DC 12, earning her 15 influence points and increasing the threshold total from 21 to 36 hitting the second threshold at 30 points.

(All of you gain a +2 circumstance bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks to Influence all NPCS during this part of the adventure. Circumstance bonuses stack.)

Xallis

Xallis wrote:

Xallis continues to chat up his target. "But I do wonder. How is that go-getting organization doing these days? I'm sure you've made much progress in your endeavors. Do tell."

Diplomacy to Influence Lady Morilla: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Lady Morilla responds, ”Oh, you know. Most of it is very hush hush. But I have been working very successfully with nobles throughout the Inner Sea to further my cause. If we get to know each other better, perhaps I can tell you more.”

(Xallis gets a success to Influence Lady Gloriana Morilla. She requires one more success to fully influence her.)

Icabhod

Craft (Alchemy) DC 12: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Icabhod goes to the servant’s quarters to try to get to know some of the commoners. The busy staff take a minute to watch Icabhod show off some incredible crafting techniques and they are thoroughly impressed.

Servant Area: With a Craft (alchemy) result of 25, Icabhod is 13 points above the DC 12, earning him 13 influence points and hitting the first threshold at 10 points.

(Icabhod learns the weakness of Maxillar Pythareus: The High Strategos is practical. As a honed equestrian, he lowers his social guard for any talks that involve animal development or riding tricks. He also shares a similar love of the hiking, mountain climbing, the outdoors, and otherwise challenging the elements to maintain his physical fitness. Discussing any of these more mundane topics can soften up the otherwise gruff Maxillar Pythareus. This grants a +4 bonus on Influence checks against Maxillar.)

(In addition, Icabhod learns to use the servant passageways to move more efficiently around the building, gaining an additional +2 bonus on combat maneuver and Escape Artist checks to deliver messages.)

Social Round 3 of 3

Last round before the next event.

Bonuses/Penalties:
•You can use any of the skills listed for the Senate Floor to influence any other location: Bluff, Knowledge (local, nobility, or religion), Perform (oratory), Profession (clerk or barrister), or Sense Motive.
•Learning to use the servant passageways to move more efficiently around the building, grants a +2 bonus on combat maneuver and Escape Artist checks to deliver messages.
•Tychus has a +2 bonus on his skill checks for his mission. This stacks with the above bonus.
•Everyone has a +2 circumstance bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks to Influence all NPCS during this part of the adventure.
•Everyone has a +2 circumstance bonus on skill checks to influence Baron Okerra, Lady Gloriana Morilla, and Princess Eutropia.
•Kalbio is accompanying Liraela which grants her a +2 bonus on Charisma-based skills when influencing Princess Eutropia and Baron Nicolaus Okerra, but imposes a -2 penalty on Charisma-based skills when influencing Countess Pace, Duke Centimus, and Maxillar Pythareus.
•Learning Maxillar Pythareus’ weakness grants a +4 bonus on skill checks to influence him.
•Each of you has a one-time reroll that can be used on any skill check attempted during this portion of the adventure.


LN Human Bolt Ace 2/Sanctified Slayer 1| HP 27/27 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 | Perception +8 | Grit: 2/2

Having only one last task to accomplish, Tychus is in an unusually good mood. He's typical sullen face is bright and smiling. It seems his meetings with the Princess have lightened up his day.

With a low cheerful whistling, he makes his way to the archives to return the files.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Male
Skills:
Diplo +11 (Charming +12)|Heal +11|Kn. Nob +10|Kn. Rel +7|SM +9|Kn. His +6|Appraise +6
Aasimar Cleric/3rd|HP 24/24|AC 19|Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6| Perception +5|Channel Energy 2d6, 7/7x/day

Social Round 3 or 3

Pleased Cayden's 'evidence' is going over so well, Trevor notices the beautiful Lady Glorianna Morilla is free. Like the Princess, trevor has been an admirer of Lady Morilla for some time. And now was his chance.

Diplomacy (Charming): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 15 Damn!

Trevor introduces himself to Lady Morilla, and over the next several minutes, relays to the aide to Princess Eutropia that he agrees with the end of primogeniture, and Taldor should look to Princess Eutropia for leadership in the future.


F NG human mesmerist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4 CMD 16 | F +3 R +3 W +5* (+2 vs illusions) | Init +2 Per +5 SM +5 | hero 1 tricks 4/4 YR 1/1 | spells 1st-3/4 | effects/conditions none

Henrika continues to mingle with the nobility, and makes her way out of the Courtyard and into the Arcade of Triumphs. She watches Maxillar Pythareus bluster and glare at the sycophants that surround him, and begins to grudgingly respect his intimidating demeanor. Deciding that she should attempt to influence him while she has the chance, she approaches him and adopts a similar posture. "Step aside," she declares haughtily to the courtiers, "I wish to speak with the High Strategos. I am Henrika Karthis-- no doubt my family's name is known to you? Let's cut through all the crap. I assume you do not support the Princess's bid to abolish primogeniture?"

Intimidate to Influence (DC 22), bonuses: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 4 = 15


F NG human mesmerist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4 CMD 16 | F +3 R +3 W +5* (+2 vs illusions) | Init +2 Per +5 SM +5 | hero 1 tricks 4/4 YR 1/1 | spells 1st-3/4 | effects/conditions none

Henrika groans inwardly as the silence around the High Strategos grows, but she stubbornly holds her position and her mark's gaze, hoping that she appears unflappable.

Reroll Intimidate to Influence (DC 22), bonuses: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 + 4 = 22


M Human NG Human Investigator 3|HP 27/27|AC16T12FF14|F3R5W3|Per6 Insp4/4

Ichabhod is sulking with a glass of port after the stressful and embarrassing evening


LN Female Vishkanya Unchained Rogue (Deadly Courtesan) 3 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 (13 touch/14 FF | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +-1 | Perception +5

Liraela sees Tychus struggling with finishing his mission, and she gracefully offers to see if she can slither her way through the crowds to complete the last task the group needs to get done.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

She does so, and returns the "borrowed" file folder to the archive quickly before returning to the senate floor.


Male
Skills:
Diplo +11 (Charming +12)|Heal +11|Kn. Nob +10|Kn. Rel +7|SM +9|Kn. His +6|Appraise +6
Aasimar Cleric/3rd|HP 24/24|AC 19|Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6| Perception +5|Channel Energy 2d6, 7/7x/day

Trevor feels his waistcoat momentarily raise as Liraela takes possession of the borrowed file folder. "Ooo."


AC 11+4, T 11, FF 10+4 | CMB 1, CMD 12 | HP 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Conditions: mage armor
Eidolon stats:
AC 15+4, T 11, FF 14+4 | CMB +6, CMD 17 |HP 19/19 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +6 , scent 30 ft | Conditions: mage armor

While Liraela finishes one of the group's task, Xallis decides to take advantage of the unoccupied Kalibo.

"If it isn't the man of the hour. Greetings." Xallis gives the freshly minted noble a handshake. Maybe not as strong of a shake as he'd like, but he tries. "My name is Xallis. Xallis Livara."

"I'm Navia." The mossy-green eidolon chirps in.

Xallis smiles and continues. "I've seen you chatting with my friends, but I wanted to meet you myself. Come, let's walk and talk."

The summoner leads him around the party, doing his best to engage the man in conversation. To get to know him, and just as importantly, be [ii]seen[/i] with him. What better way to make a statement that, as an aspiring senator, he's more in touch with the common folk? And perhaps it will earn an iota of personal favor with those who would approve, while establishing his willingness to buck trends in the face of those less favorable.

And if nothing else, what good is a magically infused item if the baseline craftsmanship is uninspired? He's got to think of the family's investments as well.

Not technically making a roll this round, but this little endeavor feels important for Xallis to do, if only on a personal level.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Social Round 3 of 3

Tychus

Tychus wrote:

With a low cheerful whistling, he makes his way to the archives to return the files.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Tychus is so cheerful he gets lost in the hidden hallways and eventually gives up.

Fail

Trevor

Although Trevor somewhat stumbles over his words, Lady Morilla is quite take with Trevor’s charm. ”I wasn’t aware that a young Kastner got an invitation to this event. I’m glad to see you making a name for yourself. Your support is greatly appreciated. I know I saw you speaking with the Princess earlier, but you simply must talk to her again.”

Trevor successfully Influences Lady Glorianna Morilla. As a reward, she grants Trevor a “free” social round to influence the Princess with a +2 bonus due to Lady Morilla’s glowing praise.
She also grants a second bonus later in the adventure.

Diplomacy DC 15: 1d20 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 6 = 24

Giddy as a schoolgirl, Lady Morilla takes Trevor’s hand and drags him through the crowd. Once they get to the Princess, with both hands, she pushes Trevor’s back so he stumbles right up to Eutropia. ”Princess, Sir Trevor Kastner here has absolutely charmed me with his support for you. You know Lord Remiiliard Kastner. This is his nephew. You must hear him out.”

The noble who was currently speaking with the Princess stares daggers at Lady Morilla for the interruption but Lady Morilla hisses like a cat at him and he backs off. Princess Eutropia greets Trevor again. ”If Lady Morilla praises you so highly, I am glad to have you as an ally. This is an auspicious meeting. I feel like nothing can go wrong tonight now.” Trevor and the Princess get a few minutes of semi-private chat before she has to return to speaking with other guests.

Princess Eutropia was already fully Influenced, but Trevor still gets the benefit of speaking with her.

Henrika

Maxillar Pythreus turns up his nose to Henrika and looks down upon her. ”Karthis, I presume. I could tell immediately by your lack of civility. I support Grand Prince Stavian III and only the Grand Prince. The Princess is weak. She does not have the might to maintain Taldor’s military supremacy in the region. If she were to become Grand Princess, it would spell the beginning of the end for Taldor. For your own sake, you should pray that doesn’t happen.”

Despite his beratement, Henrika succeeds on making an impression on Maxillar. She gains 1 out of 3 successes to Influence him.

Liraela

Liraela finds Tychus wandering in circles and offers to return the file for him. She deftly does so without anyone seeing a thing.

Tychus’ mission is complete. All missions are now complete!

Xallis

Kalbio shakes Xallis’ hand. He looks to Navia and to Liraela. ”I’m meeting lots of strange friends tonight. I never imagined people could be so colorful in the big city. Before I came to Oppara, I never met someone who wasn’t human before. Breezy Creek is very small. Liraela is so amazing though. She works her way through the crowd like my Mam makes her way to the grocer on a harvest day.” Kalbio happily follows Xallis around the senate building. He mostly talks about his home, Breezy Creek, which is not that far from Oppara; It is located Northeast of Oppara in the Kazuhn Prefecture which stretches from the River Porthmos to the southern end of the World’s Edge Mountains; and about his mam and papa who he loves very much.

Icabhod

Icabhod takes a break and sips his glass of port to relax for a moment.


Event: Stavian’s Arrival

Late in the evening, a silence falls over the gala, and the crowd parts as servants unroll a red carpet through the Arcade of Triumphs and the senate floor. Grand Prince Stavian III and a host of his Ulfen Guard then arrive, ascending the 100 steps to the building. Guests quickly flock to catch a glimpse of Taldor’s leader, who briskly moves toward the Emperor’s Hall, which is closed for the remainder of the night.

From the glance that you catch, the Grand Prince looked haggard and unwell. You recall rumors that Stavian III was always paranoid about his two children usurping him due to them both being popular and beloved by the people of Taldor. Since the death of Stavian III’s son Carrius, his mental health has reportedly been in further decline, and he has resorted to drugs and alcohol to calm his mind.

The arrival of the Grand Prince causes some turmoil among the assembled guests. Maxillar Pythareus retreats to convene with the Grand Prince in the Emperor’s Hall, while Princess Eutropia recuses herself to partake in several private meetings before her father’s expected speech. As a result, both NPCs cannot be influenced for the remainder of the adventure.

An announcement goes out that supper will be served shortly. The servants emerge in a flurry and begin bringing out extra tables and chairs in the Gallery and setting them in preparation for the upcoming dinner.

You will have two more social rounds before dinner begins.
All that is left to influence is Wyssilka, the Gallery, and the Servant Area.

Bonuses/Penalties:
•You can use any of the skills listed for the Senate Floor to influence any other location: Bluff, Knowledge (local, nobility, or religion), Perform (oratory), Profession (clerk or barrister), or Sense Motive.
•Everyone has a +2 circumstance bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks to Influence all NPCS during this part of the adventure.
•Each of you has a one-time reroll that can be used on any skill check attempted during this portion of the adventure.


Male
Skills:
Diplo +11 (Charming +12)|Heal +11|Kn. Nob +10|Kn. Rel +7|SM +9|Kn. His +6|Appraise +6
Aasimar Cleric/3rd|HP 24/24|AC 19|Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6| Perception +5|Channel Energy 2d6, 7/7x/day
GM Peachbottom wrote:

Social Round 3 of 3

Trevor

Although Trevor somewhat stumbles over his words, Lady Morilla is quite take with Trevor’s charm. ”I wasn’t aware that a young Kastner got an invitation to this event. I’m glad to see you making a name for yourself. Your support is greatly appreciated. I know I saw you speaking with the Princess earlier, but you simply must talk to her again.”

Trevor successfully Influences Lady Glorianna Morilla. As a reward, she grants Trevor a “free” social round to influence the Princess with a +2 bonus due to Lady Morilla’s glowing praise.
She also grants a second bonus later in the adventure.

Diplomacy DC 151d20 + 10 + 6 = 24

Giddy as a schoolgirl, Lady Morilla takes Trevor’s hand and drags him through the crowd. Once they get to the Princess, with both hands, she pushes Trevor’s back so he stumbles right up to Eutropia. ”Princess, Sir Trevor Kastner here has absolutely charmed me with his support for you. You know Lord Remiiliard Kastner. This is his nephew. You must hear him out.”

The noble who was currently speaking with the Princess stares daggers at Lady Morilla for the interruption but Lady Morilla hisses like a cat at him and he backs off. Princess Eutropia greets Trevor again. ”If Lady Morilla praises you so highly, I am glad to have you as an ally. This is an auspicious meeting. I feel like nothing can go wrong tonight now.” Trevor and the Princess get a few minutes of semi-private chat before she has to return to speaking with other guests.

Princess Eutropia was already fully Influenced, but Trevor still gets the benefit of speaking with her.

Trevor is pleasantly surprised by Lady Glorianna's tenacity in assisting the cleric as he is shoved nearly into Princess Eutropia. This woman has a fire in her belly like Dragon Whisky on a cold winter's night! The caydenite thought.

With the few remaining minutes Trevor Kastner has with the Princess, the cleric takes a moment to explain his form of worship. That though he is a beloved nephew of one of Taldor's old families, Trevor willingly and willfully works alongside other caydenites of lower social status, to literally serve the needs of all who pass a tavern's entry. The cleric reveals he was knows Princess Eutropia's goal of social equality can work and does work.

Event: Stavian’s Arrival

Trevor, like everyone else, jockeys for a glimpse of the Prince as he arrives, bowing deeply before the monarch as he passes.

GM Peachbottom wrote:
An announcement goes out that supper will be served shortly. The servants emerge in a flurry and begin bringing out extra tables and chairs in the Gallery and setting them in preparation for the upcoming dinner.

The cleric is stunned to hear the announcement of a supper. Trevor tries to remember if Lady Lotheed mentioned the addition of a meal in her briefings.

Trevor looks back at Lady Glorianna Morilla. The cleric's head swims. If he has wings like his celestial forebearer, he feels he could fly. In the short time he's met the formidable aide, Lady Morilla has greatly impressed Trevor, and appears to be a lady open to Cayden's teachings. Beauty, brains, and gumption! But Trevor doesn't want to force himself upon such a lovely woman. The kastner noble tries to determine if Lady Morilla is willing to spend some more time with Trevor.

Sense Motive (Lady Morilla): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

I want to Trevor to pursue Lady Morilla romantically.


Trevor wrote:

Sense Motive (Lady Morilla): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

I want to Trevor to pursue Lady Morilla romantically.

As head of the Taldan Pathfinder Society, Lady Morilla has a bit more age and experience than Trevor does. Trevor can try, but he's not on her level yet. He would need to do more than just chat with her at the Gala to get her attention. In any case, this won't be the last you see of her, so who knows.


F NG human mesmerist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4 CMD 16 | F +3 R +3 W +5* (+2 vs illusions) | Init +2 Per +5 SM +5 | hero 1 tricks 4/4 YR 1/1 | spells 1st-3/4 | effects/conditions none

Henrika watches the High Strategos retreat with a slight smirk, pleased that despite his obvious distaste she managed (barely) to rattle him. She decides to return to the Servant's area while they are waiting for dinner, possibly to crow to her friend Bartolf if she can talk to him without drawing too much suspicion.

She continues to act as if she is drunk as soon as she enters the rooms, and she corners Bartolf with a loud exclamation and a hiccough, as if she thinks he is someone else. "My lord, what are you doing here in the kitchens? Are you avoiding me?" While she quietly tells him all about everything that has happened thus far at the gala, she pretends to be hitting on him with her body language.

Bluff to Influence Servant's Area (DC 14): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Male
Skills:
Diplo +11 (Charming +12)|Heal +11|Kn. Nob +10|Kn. Rel +7|SM +9|Kn. His +6|Appraise +6
Aasimar Cleric/3rd|HP 24/24|AC 19|Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6| Perception +5|Channel Energy 2d6, 7/7x/day

Event: Stavian’s Arrival
Social Round 1 of 2

Trevor approaches the princess's aide. "Lady Glorianna, may I join you as we wait for supper?"

Diplomacy (if needed, Charming): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Henrika wrote:
She continues to act as if she is drunk as soon as she enters the rooms, and she corners Bartolf with a loud exclamation and a hiccough, as if she thinks he is someone else. "My lord, what are you doing here in the kitchens? Are you avoiding me?" While she quietly tells him all about everything that has happened thus far at the gala, she pretends to be hitting on him with her body language.

Bartolf smirks coyly. "Not at all, Dame. I'm a hardworking, honest man is all. You and your friends have made my night rather profitable." Bartolf lifts his shirt slightly to reveal a number of stolen artifacts that were previously on display in the Arcade of Triumphs. "Your priest makes a handy distraction. Falchion Jack will reward me with a fat purse for this haul. I might even throw a gold your way the next time I see you."

He listens to Henrika's explanation of events. "It sounds like you've been busy yourself. Supper's coming. I can't wait to see those snotty nobles' faces when they try the wine. Hehehe."


M Human NG Human Investigator 3|HP 27/27|AC16T12FF14|F3R5W3|Per6 Insp4/4

Icabhod finishes his dink and inhales, the jolt of the alcohol makes him start concentrating once again on the evening.

Hearing the arrival of Stavian, Icabhod goes to catch a look and respectfully bows as he passes and then watches the haggard looking noble vanish into the Emperor's Hall and hears the announcement of supper.
It has been a while since I have eaten, some food will no doubt help my temperment so I can focus more. Icabhod thinks to himself as he waits for the meal to be served.


LN Female Vishkanya Unchained Rogue (Deadly Courtesan) 3 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 (13 touch/14 FF | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +-1 | Perception +5

Liraela sees all the missions complete and the group spreading throughout the senate once more, and decides to retire to the gallery ahead of the dinner being served. Finding some children and other nobles, she sets up her inking supplies and spends some time showing them (along with her tattoos) off to the assembled group.

She spends extra effort in showing off how dexterous you have to be to use the needles properly, and answers any questions they might have. She doesn't hide her heritage either, and lets the children in the gallery feel her scales and look at her sharpened teeth as close as they wanted to.

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Social Round 1 of 2

Henrika

Henrika wrote:
Bluff to Influence Servant's Area (DC 14): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

(Fail)

Icabhod

Icabhod waits in the Gallery.

(Did you want to Influence anything?)

Liraela

Liraela wrote:

Liraela sees all the missions complete and the group spreading throughout the senate once more, and decides to retire to the gallery ahead of the dinner being served. Finding some children and other nobles, she sets up her inking supplies and spends some time showing them (along with her tattoos) off to the assembled group.

She spends extra effort in showing off how dexterous you have to be to use the needles properly, and answers any questions they might have. She doesn't hide her heritage either, and lets the children in the gallery feel her scales and look at her sharpened teeth as close as they wanted to.
Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

The children are eager to interact with Liraela. Their parents, not so much. Many of the guests try to guide the children towards some of the other entertainers. Wyssilka notices and comes to Liraela’s aid, shouting at the guests. ”Hey, what’s the matter with you?! She doesn’t bite. All entertainers tonight are guaranteed not to eat your children.” Wyssilka gives a big toothy smile. ”Now shoo back to your double dealings and let the kids have some fun.” Reluctantly, the guests shuffle off and let the kids play with Liraela.

(Gallery: With a Sleight of Hand result of 23, Liraela is 9 points above the DC 14, earning her 9 Influence points. It does not yet reach the first threshold at 15 points.)

Trevor

Trevor wrote:

Trevor approaches the princess's aide. "Lady Glorianna, may I join you as we wait for supper?"

Diplomacy (if needed, Charming): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Lady Gloriana stares blankly at Trevor and blinks a few times before replying. ”As you wish. I suppose you want to head toward the Gallery then? I no longer need to watch the Princess, so I don’t need to remain in the Courtyard.”

Xallis and Tychus can still pick actions.


Male
Skills:
Diplo +11 (Charming +12)|Heal +11|Kn. Nob +10|Kn. Rel +7|SM +9|Kn. His +6|Appraise +6
Aasimar Cleric/3rd|HP 24/24|AC 19|Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6| Perception +5|Channel Energy 2d6, 7/7x/day
GM Peachbottom wrote:

Social Round 1 of 2

Trevor

Trevor wrote:

Trevor approaches the princess's aide. "Lady Glorianna, may I join you as we wait for supper?"

Diplomacy (if needed, Charming): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Lady Gloriana stares blankly at Trevor and blinks a few times before replying. ”As you wish. I suppose you want to head toward the Gallery then? I no longer need to watch the Princess, so I don’t need to remain in the Courtyard.”

Trevor smiles and offers his arm. "That sounds splendid."

As the couple walks, the cleric asks, "Now, Lady Glorianna. Please tell me more about yourself?"
Diplomacy (if needed, Charming): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


AC 11+4, T 11, FF 10+4 | CMB 1, CMD 12 | HP 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Conditions: mage armor
Eidolon stats:
AC 15+4, T 11, FF 14+4 | CMB +6, CMD 17 |HP 19/19 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +1 | Perception +6 , scent 30 ft | Conditions: mage armor

Xallis and Navia make their way to the gallery, where they find a bit of time to chat with Wyssilka.

"It must be busy work, putting smiles on all of those young faces." Xallus muses. "It's funny, really. The best and brightest among our leaders and movers, and they were little ones just like them."

Diplomacy to influence Wyssilka: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15


M Human NG Human Investigator 3|HP 27/27|AC16T12FF14|F3R5W3|Per6 Insp4/4

Icabhod decides to drift from one small group of nobles to another, chatting about current events, Stavian's presence and condition and slipping in support for Entropia's goals.[ooc[Influence[/ooc]

know nobility,inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + (1) = 15


Social Round 1 of 2

Xallis

Xallis wrote:

"It must be busy work, putting smiles on all of those young faces." Xallus muses. "It's funny, really. The best and brightest among our leaders and movers, and they were little ones just like them."

Diplomacy to influence Wyssilka: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15

Wyssilka performs a few magic tricks while listening to Xallis. ”You are right about that. And although their bodies grow, most of them will remain spoiled brats their entire life. Oh, to be noble. It must be nice. These parents often forget that their children have ears and kids say the darndest things.” She pulls a long length of colorful scarves from her mouth and bows.

(Almost. But Xallis’ influence is a fail.)

Tychus

Tychus mingles with the staff. Although very busy, they appreciate the small talk.

Influence Gallery - Knowledge (Local) DC 12: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

(Gallery: With a Knowledge (local) result of 25, Tychus is 13 points above the DC 12, earning him 13 Influence points, increasing the total from 9 to 22 and reaching the first threshold at 15 points.)

Tychus learns the general movements of the crowds within the senate by watching from the upper gallery. Thanks to his time in the area, you can increase the number of social rounds between subsequent events by 1 each, so long as there is at least 1 social round between events. (I’ll apply this now, so you now have two more social rounds.)

In addition, this would have allowed Tychus to move freely and deliver his letters without the need for checks, but since his mission is complete, this no longer applies.

Icabhod

Icabhod wrote:

Icabhod decides to drift from one small group of nobles to another, chatting about current events, Stavian's presence and condition and slipping in support for Entropia's goals.[ooc[Influence[/ooc]

know nobility,inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + (1) = 15

Icabhod also slightly increased the influence in the Gallery.

(Gallery: With a Knowledge (nobility) result of 15, Icabhod is 3 points above the DC 12, earning him 3 Influence points, increasing the total from 22 to 25. It does not yet reach the second threshold at 30 points.)

Trevor

Trevor wrote:

Trevor smiles and offers his arm. "That sounds splendid."

As the couple walks, the cleric asks, "Now, Lady Glorianna. Please tell me more about yourself?"

”Oh what is there to tell? While I mingle with the nobles of Taldor well enough, I’m never truly at home in such environments.” She whispers in Trevor’s ear. ”Can I tell you a secret? I secretly seethe at the haughtiness of my fellow Taldan elite.” She breaks out in loud laughter. ”Honestly, I find nobles with interest in more common arts such as physical careers or magic to be a welcome relief.”

Social Round 2 of 3

Bonuses/Penalties:
•You can use any of the skills listed for the Senate Floor to influence any other location: Bluff, Knowledge (local, nobility, or religion), Perform (oratory), Profession (clerk or barrister), or Sense Motive.
•Everyone has a +2 circumstance bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks to Influence all NPCS during this part of the adventure.
•Each of you has a one-time reroll that can be used on any skill check attempted during this portion of the adventure.


Male
Skills:
Diplo +11 (Charming +12)|Heal +11|Kn. Nob +10|Kn. Rel +7|SM +9|Kn. His +6|Appraise +6
Aasimar Cleric/3rd|HP 24/24|AC 19|Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6| Perception +5|Channel Energy 2d6, 7/7x/day
GM Peachbottom wrote:
”Oh what is there to tell? While I mingle with the nobles of Taldor well enough, I’m never truly at home in such environments.” She whispers in Trevor’s ear. ”Can I tell you a secret? I secretly seethe at the haughtiness of my fellow Taldan elite.” She breaks out in loud laughter. ”Honestly, I find nobles with interest in more common arts such as physical careers or magic to be a welcome relief.”

Round 2 of 3

Once in the Gallery, Trevor chuckles. "You secret is safe with me, Lady Glorianna. Yet I can not help but wonder how you feel about those in the
ecclesiastical field."

The young Kastner noble looks around the room and speaks loud enough for the room to hear. "Well, Lady Glorianna. Seeing how we are a parlor, I wonder if you would think me too uncouth to suggest as 'parlor trick?"

Trevor takes an empty wine glass a waiter was about to pour into. "I beg your pardon, please?" The cleric turns with a flourish to Lady Glorianna and lifts the empty glass, as if to toast.

"To Lady Glorianna, and my other fellow party attendees. Compliments of Cayden Caliean and myself."

With his other hand, Trevor holds his holy symbol and cast the caydenite version of create water, in which the empty glass magically fills with a rich red wine. The spell affects all empty glasses within a 25ft. radius.

"Only the followers of The Accidental God can do such a unique variation of this cantrip."

Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Trevor then hands the magically filled wine glass he was holding to Lady Glorianna.


F NG human mesmerist 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +4 CMD 16 | F +3 R +3 W +5* (+2 vs illusions) | Init +2 Per +5 SM +5 | hero 1 tricks 4/4 YR 1/1 | spells 1st-3/4 | effects/conditions none

Henrika continues her charade in the servant's area, now describing for her friend a litany of all the nobles she has seen outside by explaining how all of them have rebuffed her. She smiles wickedly to herself as she senses Bartolf needs to get back to his work but cannot as long as she holds him hostage. Her list of persons grows longer as his eyes get wider, and she notices others in the area begin to hover as if to save him from her.

Knowledge (nobility) to Influence Servant's Area (DC 12): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


LN Female Vishkanya Unchained Rogue (Deadly Courtesan) 3 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 (13 touch/14 FF | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +-1 | Perception +5

Liraela, quite enjoying the company of the children and watching Wyssilka and Xallis, begins to sing a song she learned on the streets of Indapatta, Vudra’s capital.

It tells the story of a naga in the sewers below the city, that broke away from its types’ normal proclivities in order to pursue the art of music. Its voice was so enchanting it brought people from all across the city and beyond to hear its wonderful voice. The crowds it gathered were legendary, and it was even allowed to perform in one of the opera halls of the capital.

The naga eventually attracted the wrong type of attention from authorities, and tried to reason with the humans that had come to slay it. Unfortunately, it was not successful; but even as it fell, it sang. All the way to the very bitter end, it never stopped singing. Of course Liraela leaves out the gruesome death part for the children, but insinuates it enough so that her more adult audience can understand the tragedy in not being accepted for what you are.

Perform (sing) to influence Wyssilka, DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

251 to 300 of 918 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Peachbottom's War for the Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.