[YFF/SFS/DMK] 6-01 Year of Fortune's Fall (Inactive)

Game Master Kludde

Slides
RPG Chronicles


51 to 100 of 184 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

There are seven prominent displays spread throughout this wing of the museum, each of which is associated to an important guest.

This portion of the adventure is split into abstract rounds, with each round representing approximately 10–15 minutes of time. Each round, you should select which important guest you socialize with. The guests, their displays, and the skills required to impress them are described below. You can visit these guests in any order and can work together or separate as desired. If a guest has multiple skills that can be attempted to impress them, you must select one of these checks to attempt (each of you can attempt one skill check total per guest, not each skill check once).

Each time you fail a check to impress a guest, the DC to impress that guest increases by 1. These increases are cumulative.

---[Guest list]---
Captain Alis Sandel (female human soldier): Alis is a member of the Aspis Consortium who has worked with the Starfinders in the past. Alis's display showcases weaponry from a variety of different Vast cultures.

First Seeker Ehu Hadif: Ehu may be your First Seeker, but he's still trying to maintain a presence by himself alongside your display, sharing information about the Scoured Stars with visitors as appropriate. He could probably use some backup here. If you join Ehu, you too should field questions from the crowd of visitors and speak about your display.

Jeletal (male half-elf): You've already conversed with our story-telling, Talavet-worshipping, elf with a display of common and well-worn household items. But now would be your chance to cement a stronger relationship with him.

Professor Muhali (female damaya lashunta): Muhali is head of linguistic anthropology at the Qabarat University of Xenoarchaeology and Xenoanthropology. Muhali's display showcases a variety of texts, from a carved stone stele to fragile scrolls, coupled with a holographic display showcasing linguistic similarities and differences over time and space.

Odesse Nis (female elf): Odesse is an archaeologist from the Tabori Cluster. Odesse's display contains material from over a dozen aquatic and semi-aquatic cultures, including Caravolos and Varretian, and two terrestrial cultures, including Erezitan and Ulumbian. Of particular note are several belongings carved from a delicate gray-green stone, which the placards identify as malachite.

Whaloss (male damaya lashunta): You've already conversed with this Xenoarchaeology grad student from the Unviersity of Qabarat, and learned a bit about his work with Oation cultures. But now is your chance to build the foundations for a deeper alliance.

Zovi (female damaya lashunta): You've already met the Museum's charismatic curator, and seen her very pretty displays of jewelry and statuettes, but here is your chance to really impress her.

Dataphiles

Arachne:
- Drone| hp 40| EAC 16 KAC 17| fort +1/ref +5/ +1 will| Perc 0
Drow Tecnhno 4 - sp 20 | hp 24| rp 6| EAC 14 KAC 14| fort +2/ref +4/ +3 will|init +2| Perc 6 (DV)

We going round by round, or just take a crack at each guest in the order we want to try them? Also... they dont specifically list which skills, we just shooting our best guess based on the clues in the text?

Exo-Guardians

| [SP] 28/28 [HP]30/30| Resolve: 5/5 | Dwarf Mystic (Warmonger) 3rd| INIT + 1, Senses Perception +10 Darkvision 60' | EAC 16 KAC 16 Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +8

Darakwinn's formal outfit is little different from her on duty outfit. It is just her defrex hide, though well oiled and polished with rather ostentatious epaulettes attached at the shoulder. An impressive cape hangs from them and a broad sash loops across her chest and back from one of them. Matching greaves and bracers finish out the outfit and a small tiara is fitted over her helmet.

A pennant with Angradd's symbol hangs from her pike which is strapped to her back like a flagpole.

She moves immediately to the most interesting display.

"I find that you can learn the most about a culture by their weapons. Is the way a person thinks and behaves any more distilled to its truest essence than in the way they fight for their lives and kill for their beliefs?" Darakwinn says to Captain Sandel, though she stands next to the woman and gazes into the glass case.

Profession (Mercenary): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |
Seldszar Erelhei-Cinlu wrote:
We going round by round, or just take a crack at each guest in the order we want to try them? Also... they dont specifically list which skills, we just shooting our best guess based on the clues in the text?

We'd have to go round-by-round. I'll give you a hint once you start talking. Most of them have multiple options, and you can always walk away...

---

Darakwinn

DC 15 Engineering (anyone can roll):

A few of the weapons are of jinsul construction and come from the Scoured Stars.

True words, the captain responds if you are not ready to die for what you believe in, you are condemned to fall into oblivion. Only the strongest survive and make it into the record of history. You are a warrior yourself? I hold the rank of captain, and I have recently obtained a promotion to a new station in the vast, which will bring me new opportunities to impress myself upon my superiors!

Captain Alis influence: success!

----(round 1)---
Darakwinn - Success
Dominar
Shari
Trober
Seldszar

---(Influence tracker)---
X Captain Alis Sandel
o First Seeker Ehu Hadif
o Jeletal
o Professor Muhali
o Odesse Nis
o Whaloss
o Zovi
----

Advocates

Male LN Dromada Bureaucrat Precog 3 (PC sheet) | SP 9/15 HP 17/17 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 |Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40 ft. (Land) | Active Conditions: None.

"Oh please Mistress Shari don't make me attend this gala. I'm terrible in social situations like this. Can I just stay in my room?"

Trober looks like he is about to have a nervous breakdown.

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Dwarf Vanguard (Bodyguard, Exergy | SP 11/11 HP 13/13| RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 17 Shield: Not Aligned | Fort 6; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: + | Perc: +6 (DV 60'), SM:
Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Entropic Pool: 1/4
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Opting for a simple suit, a deep indigo with a cravat the color of a twinkling star, Dominar also opts to pull his mane back into a pony tail.

    Dominar approaches Jeletal. There is power in story, and there are plenty of stories to share. "Greetings. If it's not too non sequitur to the evening, I'd like to hear more about Talavet. I've questions of cosmological outlook if you're so inclined..."

    Mysticism?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    f CN drow Envoy 3 / Operative 2 [Corporate Agent] | sp 32/32 | hp 34/34 | rp 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F+3 R+11 W+8 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Init +6 | Perc +15 | DV60'

    Shari spent her free time usefully - in the boutiques of Qabarat! A dark dress from the fashionable drow brand "Socottibenotti" presented by an exclusive boutique on this planet, was exactly what she needed. In just a few movements, this wonderful outfit can be transformed from an evening dress into a business suit, from it into light casual clothes for a picnic, and then into clothes for shaping (there is also one more option for demonic rituals, but this is not obvious for non-drow). Everything is in dark colors, and with elegant cutouts that emphasize Shari's figure.

    Clothing, Designer Reconfigurable (Everyday, Formal, Party, Ceremonial, Athletic) - 721 credit.

    Before the evening concert, Shari of course removes any armor (however, she leaves the weapon with her - she is a drow after all). She chooses the length of the dress and the neckline so that it is beautiful, attracts the eye, but does not cause a feeling of excess. Draped over her shoulders, a black jacket balances high heels and slightly frivolous bright bracelets in the shape of succubi entwined in kisses.

    I lowered the AC in the sidebar minus the armor.

    Before leaving, she looks sternly at Trober. You chose this job yourself! Must means must. When I go down to some foul-smelling dungeon on an abandoned planet under the ruins of a city destroyed by a nuclear war, I'm not too happy about it either... But I chose this road myself! Just like you. Let's go.

    ON THE GALA:

    Shari approaches Odesse Nis, looks her up and down, and then suddenly smiles broadly, doing it as warmly and sincerely as possible. Praise progress and reason, isn't it? Once we would have killed each other. Well, or rather, I would take you into slavery and engage in flashwarping, and your relatives would come to take revenge... And now we can do science, exchange knowledge and discard these old prejudices that only slow down scientific progress. I think it's really great. She looks thoughtfully at the elf's display. Malachite, such a beautiful stone. The drow's eyes widen with interest. I could probably look at it for hours.

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

    PS She certainly does not feel any sympathy and interest .)) Perhaps a bluff would be more appropriate, then 1 less.

    Dataphiles

    Arachne:
    - Drone| hp 40| EAC 16 KAC 17| fort +1/ref +5/ +1 will| Perc 0
    Drow Tecnhno 4 - sp 20 | hp 24| rp 6| EAC 14 KAC 14| fort +2/ref +4/ +3 will|init +2| Perc 6 (DV)

    Not interested in leaving himself overly vulnerable, Seldszar reamins in his beautifully crafted well of light-absorbing darkness - 'crafted by the talented smiths of the drow of Apostae, this armor is designed to be light and supple. Its refractive planes are all at the molecular level, resulting in armor that appears to almost absorb light.

    He wanders, quietly checking the displays as his mechanical spider follows on - just a slight whirring of the electric motors and the quiet gentle clicking of moving mechanical parts.

    He sidles up next to Darakwin
    Engineering 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
    "Those are Jinsul weapons"

    ***

    "Whalos, I was interested in what you were saying earlier - I must admit, I am equally interested in the materials they used which often tell us a lot about not only the culture itself, but the setting and environment in which it bloomed, to me it appears that..."
    Physical Science 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

    Advocates

    Male LN Dromada Bureaucrat Precog 3 (PC sheet) | SP 9/15 HP 17/17 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 |Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40 ft. (Land) | Active Conditions: None.

    "Yes Mistress Shari I'll go to the gala. May I say that your dress is quite fashionable also." Trober looks like he is about to throw up.

    At the gala Trober's skittish nature overcomes his sense of style and he arrives still dressed in his armor. Of course because something could definitely go wrong at a gathering like this.

    He joins Shari in talking to Odesse. "Yes malachite, from what I've heard you can make bracelets or earrings or items of similar purposes from it... Oh god."

    Diplomacy (Aid Another): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

    Engineering: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


    | AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

    Dominar

    Talavet connects the traditions of the past with the practicalities of the present. It is only through the stories of the past that we can make sense of the world today. Jeletal explains. Take yourself, as you have chosen to present yourself for this gala. You are wearing a star, a symbol of the sky. The symbol holds a special significance to you, doesn't it? Would not your choice of outfit have been different if you had shared a different heritage?

    Influence success!

    ---

    Shari and Trober

    Odesse Nis looks downright miserable next to the display case Yes.. she says in a unconvincing manner, it's malachite. This is the collection of my employer on Deepwater Prime. He's a private collector. She sounds like that is the full extent or her knowledge, and at every words she keep squinting her eyes and touching her head. Something is not quite right with her.

    I need a Medicine, Sense motive or Physical Science check

    ----

    Seldszar

    Oh yes, the material these items are made of! Some of them are very precious indeed, this metal here is formed only at the explosion of class III neutron stars, that's why it was set into this ornament in the first place. You know, the Oatia culture is very interesting, I hope this opportunity to present my work allows me to get further funding for my research.

    Influence success!

    ----(round 1)---
    Darakwinn - Success
    Dominar - Success
    Shari - Roll needed
    Trober - Aid (roll needed)

    Seldszar - Success
    ---(Influence tracker)---
    X Captain Alis Sandel
    o First Seeker Ehu Hadif
    X Jeletal
    o Professor Muhali
    o Odesse Nis
    X Whaloss
    o Zovi
    ----

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    f CN drow Envoy 3 / Operative 2 [Corporate Agent] | sp 32/32 | hp 34/34 | rp 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F+3 R+11 W+8 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Init +6 | Perc +15 | DV60'

    Sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Lol! Can Trober do a separate check?

    Advocates

    Male LN Dromada Bureaucrat Precog 3 (PC sheet) | SP 9/15 HP 17/17 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 |Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40 ft. (Land) | Active Conditions: None.

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


    | AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

    Trober recognises that Odesse is, indeed, having a splitting headache. She admits I have been feeling bad ever since I got here and set up this display case. It's so bad, I'm seeing double at times.

    In fact, Trober himself isn't feeling too sharp either.

    I need a Fort save for Trober to avoid similar migraines

    DC 15 Medicine or DC 17 Mysticism:

    There's something in that display case causing the headaches. Better stay away...

    Influence tracker:

    ====
    ----(round 1)---
    Darakwinn - Success
    Dominar - Success
    Shari - Fail, but
    Trober - Success
    Seldszar - Success
    ---(Influence tracker)---
    X Captain Alis Sandel
    o First Seeker Ehu Hadif
    X Jeletal
    o Professor Muhali
    X Odesse Nis
    X Whaloss
    o Zovi
    ----
    ====


    | AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

    While Trober and Shari are standing around near Odesse, a rather loud and inebriated-looking halfling passes by and starts having a go at Odesse Nis.

    Scraper?! he halfling snorts with just a bit too much volume Where did you learn that nonsense. This is clearly a biface.

    Whispering from the crowd quickly tells you that this halfling is professor Hemford, a visiting professor. Although he is a leader in his field, he's clearly lost his tact while staring into his drinking cup. Poor Odesse looks completely overwhelmed and starts arguing Well... given the origin and intended use...

    Use? Pfflrrrt Hemford blows a raspberry, proper academically sound terminology should be used. It is not clear whether blowing a raspberry is part of that terminology.

    The situation looks be embarrassing for both. Perhaps some astute bystanders can help diffuse the situation?

    You'd need to distract the halfling (Bluff), or calm/quiet him (Diplomacy/Intimidate), and then somehow help out Odesse (Culture, Profession, or Bluff/Diplomacy)

    Exo-Guardians

    | [SP] 28/28 [HP]30/30| Resolve: 5/5 | Dwarf Mystic (Warmonger) 3rd| INIT + 1, Senses Perception +10 Darkvision 60' | EAC 16 KAC 16 Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +8

    Darakwinn's ears are keenly tuned for conflict so as soon as the belligerent halfling begins her attention is gained.

    She joins her fellow Starfinders and Odesse.

    "Hey, little man, this isn't the place for academic debate and people who are being rude will find out what rude really means so why don't you go drink until you pass out before you find yourself unconscious by other means?"

    Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

    "Besides, everyone knows that depending on the era and geographical location it could either be called a scraper or a biface."

    Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

    Advocates

    Male LN Dromada Bureaucrat Precog 3 (PC sheet) | SP 9/15 HP 17/17 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 |Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40 ft. (Land) | Active Conditions: None.

    I'll use Trober's natural 20 paradox for the fortitude save. He gets another paradox since he's using this one for his focal paradox.

    Paradox: 1d20 ⇒ 9

    Mysticism: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

    Trober pulls Shari aside and tells her, "I believe there is something in Odesse's display that causes migraines."

    Seeing the embarrassing argument occurring, Trober tries to help Darakwinn.

    "Yes, please listen to Darakwinn there is no need to argue. Either term would be acceptable academic terminology."

    Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    f CN drow Envoy 3 / Operative 2 [Corporate Agent] | sp 32/32 | hp 34/34 | rp 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F+3 R+11 W+8 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Init +6 | Perc +15 | DV60'

    Shari nods to Trober, but before she can do anything, this whole disgusting situation happens. After looking respectfully at the straightforward dwarf, drow joins the conversation. You don't need to communicate with people like that. This is fraught with consequences for your career. She comes closer and leans over to the halfling, whispering in his ear. Can you imagine how annoying it would be if one of the administrators of StarHab posted your full list of searches on the resource online? All those nasty videos you've watched over the years? And so that each of your students and colleagues will receive such a list about you? I can arrange that. A couple of my nephews work at the firm. There are a lot of drow there... If you don't want that, shut up and disappear. Now. She straightens up, smiling sweetly and checking with her eyes that only this professor heard her.

    Intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

    Shari smiles broadly at everyone who is now gathered around the stand. We can all have different scientific views, can't we? Is this the miracle of the modern world and modern science? Unity of dissimilarities! Convergence of opinions! She continues her pacifying speech for about a minute, in which even the professor has a place of honor as a prominent representative of science who is not afraid to express his opinion - until the conflict has exhausted itself.

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


    | AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

    The halfling grumbles as Darakwinn and Shari talk into him, Harr, harrum. Humbug. Scraper. he mutters I just don't understand this generation. I'm going to library, so see if there is anyone with sensibility there, he admits defeat without admitting defeat.

    Trober, Shari and Darakwinn then quickly work on diffusing the situation and reconciling academic differences. Odesse looks quite grateful, and Amyikesh, who has been watching from the side, beams a smile, grateful that she didn't have to intervene.

    Now that the situation has calmed down, it's possible to mingle some more.

    Once a character has been influenced, there is no gain in further influencing (you can always do it for fun, though). So far, you haven't spoken to Ehu (who seems to need quite general help pleasing the crowd), professor Muhali (who would be most impressed with linguistically inclined or just very observant minds), and Zovi, who seems to enjoy a combination of historical knowledge and social outreach.

    ----(round 2)---
    Darakwinn
    Dominar
    Shari
    Trober
    Seldszar

    ---(Influence tracker)---
    X Captain Alis Sandel
    o First Seeker Ehu Hadif
    X Jeletal
    o Professor Muhali
    X Odesse Nis
    X Whaloss
    o Zovi
    ----

    Dataphiles

    Arachne:
    - Drone| hp 40| EAC 16 KAC 17| fort +1/ref +5/ +1 will| Perc 0
    Drow Tecnhno 4 - sp 20 | hp 24| rp 6| EAC 14 KAC 14| fort +2/ref +4/ +3 will|init +2| Perc 6 (DV)

    ”So Zovi, as Curator here what are your thoughts on what ties it all together? I can’t help notice the amount of jewellery and handicrafts on display, each culture seeking to create a physical manifestation of their cultures through artifice - I suppose much like I have crafted my mechanical spider here, Arachne, a nod to the past of the Drow but realised through the materials and technology of our current age… what do you think drives sentients to create?”

    Life science 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


    | AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |
    Seldszar Erelhei-Cinlu wrote:
    ”So Zovi, as Curator here what are your thoughts on what ties it all together? I can’t help notice the amount of jewellery and handicrafts on display, each culture seeking to create a physical manifestation of their cultures through artifice - I suppose much like I have crafted my mechanical spider here, Arachne, a nod to the past of the Drow but realised through the materials and technology of our current age… what do you think drives sentients to create?”

    That's an interesting question. From the first objects created, usually a drive to survive, followed by a drive to create social cohesion. Weapons themselves often have the purpose to provide food for other, an we often see artestry develop alongside the first objects. My personal specialsm is the presevation of ancient textiles, and the prehistoric development of fashion, and weaving methods. She point to her gala dress This is a replica to of an ancient Castrovellian garment. I'm planning a fashion show of replica of similar attire amid a traveling textile exhibit. I can arrange invitations, in case you are interested.

    Zovi influence, success!

    ----(round 2)---
    Darakwinn
    Dominar
    Shari
    Trober

    Seldszar
    ---(Influence tracker)---
    X Captain Alis Sandel
    o First Seeker Ehu Hadif
    X Jeletal
    o Professor Muhali
    X Odesse Nis
    X Whaloss
    X Zovi
    ----

    Advocates

    Male LN Dromada Bureaucrat Precog 3 (PC sheet) | SP 9/15 HP 17/17 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 |Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40 ft. (Land) | Active Conditions: None.

    Trober sees the familiar face of First Seeker Ehu Hadif and decides to assist him.

    Nervously, "Yes, please direct some of your questions to me and I'll try to find an answer for you. One at a time please."

    Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

    Exo-Guardians

    | [SP] 28/28 [HP]30/30| Resolve: 5/5 | Dwarf Mystic (Warmonger) 3rd| INIT + 1, Senses Perception +10 Darkvision 60' | EAC 16 KAC 16 Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +8

    Darakwinn goes to Professor Muhali's display. She looks it over for a time without speaking, her eyes narrowed in concentration. She continues to look without speaking for a while. And then a while longer.

    "Aren't these the same symbols?" she asks, pointing to several scattered across the display.

    "And these, but this one has this little curly part?

    "And these two but one is sort of squarish and the other one is more ovally."

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

    or

    Culture (whichever is more appropriate): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

    Exo-Guardians

    Male NG Dwarf Vanguard (Bodyguard, Exergy | SP 11/11 HP 13/13| RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 17 Shield: Not Aligned | Fort 6; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: + | Perc: +6 (DV 60'), SM:
    Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Entropic Pool: 1/4
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Feeling a bit out of his element, Dominar takes a tack to help out his fellow dwarf, [b]"Aye... Look here and here. I think you're right!"

    Aid via Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


    | AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

    Trober stands next to Ehu, and answers a flood of questions on the crowd, on a wide range of subjects. Most of them come from the subjects popularized by the agency: jinsul ships, the Kreiholm freehold, and even very specific ones on 'how cold is izalruun'? Ehu looks very pleased with the way this is going.

    Ehu Hadif - success!

    ---

    The two dwarves point out similarities in the scripts, and Muhali immediately responds: Indeed, this particular glyph runs like a red thread through all of these texts. It is the basis on which we got the funding to start some new dig sites under Qabarat, the latest expedition our university is going to undertake. This will perhaps uncover insights into further era of Castrovelian history...

    Professor Muhali - success!

    ---

    As the two dwarves speak with the professor, Dominar is disturbed with a shove. When he looks around, he sees two rowdy ysoki toddlers playing about in a rowdy fashion. They run after each other, every now and then forming a furry ball of toddler doom. An exasperated ysoki grandmother leans on her walking stick, trying to get some discipline into the two toddlers Avelen! Thester! Come here immediately! This gallery is not for playing! You'll knock something over.

    The toddler's playful but destructive ambition seems to go a bit further than knocking something over. At this rate, they look to be on track for knocking everything over. Already, a few statues are wobbling on their plinths, and it's only a matter of time before a display case takes a hit.

    Easy acrobatics, medium athletics or harder sleight of hand check to prevent damage. I need a check from every character, and half of you to pass for a success.

    Dataphiles

    Arachne:
    - Drone| hp 40| EAC 16 KAC 17| fort +1/ref +5/ +1 will| Perc 0
    Drow Tecnhno 4 - sp 20 | hp 24| rp 6| EAC 14 KAC 14| fort +2/ref +4/ +3 will|init +2| Perc 6 (DV)

    Not his strong suit, but the drow rushes forward to render assistance.

    Acro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

    Exo-Guardians

    | [SP] 28/28 [HP]30/30| Resolve: 5/5 | Dwarf Mystic (Warmonger) 3rd| INIT + 1, Senses Perception +10 Darkvision 60' | EAC 16 KAC 16 Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +8

    Having little patience for undisciplined anythings, including children, Darakwinn is quick to wade in and try to scruff one of the little menaces.

    Athletics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    f CN drow Envoy 3 / Operative 2 [Corporate Agent] | sp 32/32 | hp 34/34 | rp 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F+3 R+11 W+8 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Init +6 | Perc +15 | DV60'

    Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 15 + (1) = 21

    Advocates

    Male LN Dromada Bureaucrat Precog 3 (PC sheet) | SP 9/15 HP 17/17 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 |Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40 ft. (Land) | Active Conditions: None.

    "Oh god, if there is anything I dislike more than crowds it's children!"

    Trober awkwardly gives chase to the ysoki toddlers.

    "Come here you little nuisances!"

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

    He casts psychokinetic hand to try to move breakable objects out of there way.


    | AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

    The group acts quickly to prevent disaster, and no a single object gets tested for its impact tolerance. When the two rowdy kids are rounded up, the grandmother is pleased Avelen, Thester, apologise to these nice men and women and promise you won't do it again. This place it not for running!

    I'm sorry, mister. I'm sorry, madam. the two kids speak.

    After the kids apologise, the grandmother reaches in her handbag, and gives the party a diplomat serum of enhancement to use.

    ---

    As soon as the kids are rounded up and the party turns around, a horde of reporters, with brightly flashing lights and steadily rolling camera very much ambush the group. This is Vitellus Korpopolis for Absalom Station News Network! We are here at the Grand Museum of Qabarat, where a gala opening is held. We are joined by agents from the Starfinder Society. Agents, what is the official statement of the Society on this exhibition?

    While official statementing is still a bit above your pay grade, you can still give it a shot with a diplomacy check. Alternatively, you can impress the media with your knowledge by succeeding at a Culture, Life Science, or Physical Science, or an applicable Profession check. I need a check for each PC, and half of you must pass for a success.

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    f CN drow Envoy 3 / Operative 2 [Corporate Agent] | sp 32/32 | hp 34/34 | rp 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F+3 R+11 W+8 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Init +6 | Perc +15 | DV60'

    Shari smiles at the cameras and poses as if she is the star on the red carpet and everyone has gathered for her. Nevertheless, when she begins to speak, she retells the official position of the Society as clearly as possible, without adding anything new from herself. That's corporate ethics, and she's a professional after all.

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

    Exo-Guardians

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male NG Dwarf Vanguard (Bodyguard, Exergy | SP 11/11 HP 13/13| RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 17 Shield: Not Aligned | Fort 6; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: + | Perc: +6 (DV 60'), SM:
    Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Entropic Pool: 1/4
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Dominar has a vision of handling the press, but decides that it should stay in his imagination. Instead he does his level best, "Official statement? That's not me, but lemme tell yah, given the craziness of the galaxy, I'm here to say that we take security very seriously. The safety of not only our agents, but anyone who needs it is paramount. I'm Dominar Thunderstriker and I approve this message."

    Profession (Bodyguard): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

    Exo-Guardians

    | [SP] 28/28 [HP]30/30| Resolve: 5/5 | Dwarf Mystic (Warmonger) 3rd| INIT + 1, Senses Perception +10 Darkvision 60' | EAC 16 KAC 16 Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +8

    [b]"As an agent of the society, I will say that one of our core tenets is the collection and dispersal of information, including history, including history that occurred during the Gap. As you can see from the displays behind me, this is a spectacular collection of that sort of information and I am pleased to be both a spectator and participant," Darakwinn says, though her expression is much more of a scowl than Shari's.

    Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


    | AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

    Perfect, perfect Vittellius says, encouraging Shari Keep going, this is a great opening shot... and... pan! The camera swing around to the two dwarves Great, great establishing speech he reacts to Dominar, Nice, yes... that's a wrap! Vitellius exclaims as Darakwinn brings her statement.

    ---

    There's a short amount of time to recover from the shock of being asked to appear on intergalactic news. Soon after, the familiar shape of the nelenty Minqalli, who is for some reason slinking around the exhibit, looking over their shoulder as if they are concerned about being spotted...

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    f CN drow Envoy 3 / Operative 2 [Corporate Agent] | sp 32/32 | hp 34/34 | rp 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F+3 R+11 W+8 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Init +6 | Perc +15 | DV60'

    Shari raises an eyebrow in surprise, and then decides to quietly follow Minqalli.

    Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
    Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

    Advocates

    Male LN Dromada Bureaucrat Precog 3 (PC sheet) | SP 9/15 HP 17/17 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 |Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40 ft. (Land) | Active Conditions: None.

    I assume we succeeded on the last skill challenge, but I'll roll just in case.

    Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

    Trober automatically follows Shari.

    Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
    Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


    | AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

    Shari and Trober follow Minqalli, who seems to be just looking at the display cases, but in a way that suggests she is worried about being spotted.

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    f CN drow Envoy 3 / Operative 2 [Corporate Agent] | sp 32/32 | hp 34/34 | rp 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F+3 R+11 W+8 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Init +6 | Perc +15 | DV60'

    It seems time to confront him. Shari abruptly comes out from behind the stand as if accidentally finding herself face to face with Minqalli. Hi, you look like you're lost. Should I call someone? She smiles.

    Dataphiles

    Arachne:
    - Drone| hp 40| EAC 16 KAC 17| fort +1/ref +5/ +1 will| Perc 0
    Drow Tecnhno 4 - sp 20 | hp 24| rp 6| EAC 14 KAC 14| fort +2/ref +4/ +3 will|init +2| Perc 6 (DV)

    Seldszar taks pause to look in the opposite direction, to see who Minqalli might be hiding from.

    Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

    Advocates

    Male LN Dromada Bureaucrat Precog 3 (PC sheet) | SP 9/15 HP 17/17 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 |Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 40 ft. (Land) | Active Conditions: None.

    Trober wrings his hands together nervously.

    "Mistress Shari, why do you have to be so... direct?"

    Exo-Guardians

    Male NG Dwarf Vanguard (Bodyguard, Exergy | SP 11/11 HP 13/13| RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 17 Shield: Not Aligned | Fort 6; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: + | Perc: +6 (DV 60'), SM:
    Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Entropic Pool: 1/4
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Dominar, not one for skulking, stays WAY back, but keeps his eyes focused in case this is more than a conversation.


    | AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

    Eek! Minqalli exclaims Don't tell anyone I am here they plead, Amyik banned me from the gala after I... eh... you were there. Please don't rat me out to her, I really wanted to see the gala...

    Do you want to try and help Minqalli?

    Exo-Guardians

    | [SP] 28/28 [HP]30/30| Resolve: 5/5 | Dwarf Mystic (Warmonger) 3rd| INIT + 1, Senses Perception +10 Darkvision 60' | EAC 16 KAC 16 Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +8

    Abruptly, Darakwinn remembers that Minqalli is not supposed to be there.

    Being a rule follower most of the time, she does the most bending of them that she feels comfortable with and does not report the errant Starfinder to the proper authorities.

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    f CN drow Envoy 3 / Operative 2 [Corporate Agent] | sp 32/32 | hp 34/34 | rp 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F+3 R+11 W+8 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Init +6 | Perc +15 | DV60'

    Good. But you'll owe me. Shari takes out a makeup bag and quickly applies a little makeup to Minqalli , changing the skin tone. So no one will recognize you for sure. Go.

    Disguise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
    -5 to DC for 'minor details altered only'
    UPD lol )


    | AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

    Shari puts a fake mustache on the nelentu, but it's still undeniably minqalli. They are grateful for the effort, though, and say Do you think this will work?

    Evil voiceover: it won't

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    f CN drow Envoy 3 / Operative 2 [Corporate Agent] | sp 32/32 | hp 34/34 | rp 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F+3 R+11 W+8 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Init +6 | Perc +15 | DV60'

    Shari smiles for a while, clearly intending to lie convincingly, then apparently abruptly changes her mind and coldly says no without a smile.


    | AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

    Oh Minqalli says.

    You can also help her be more stealth by rolling a stealth check. Alternatively, you could go and talk to Amyik to see if she can be convinced to let Minqalli stay.

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    f CN drow Envoy 3 / Operative 2 [Corporate Agent] | sp 32/32 | hp 34/34 | rp 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F+3 R+11 W+8 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Init +6 | Perc +15 | DV60'

    Okay, let's be serious. Rule number one. Don't stop right in front of the expositions, just from the side. Rule two. Don't hang for more than 7 seconds, keep moving all the time. Abyss devours the idle. Rule three... and so on

    Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


    | AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

    Shari gives Minqalli a good drill on stealth, who suddenly seas a great leap in their skills of slinking about unseen. Every now and then the little nelentu gives a thumbs up to the group, and Amyik seems to be none-the-wiser.

    ----

    After a bit, everyone gathers in the hall for another speech from Zovi. "My friends, it is people like you who--"

    Zovi's speech is interrupted by smashing glass and gunfire. In the wreckage of the museum entrance stands a strike force of well-armed robbers. They rush into the lobby, knocking over displays, demanding valuables from the attendants, and pocketing any belongings they can get their hands on. Amyikesh grabs Zovi off the stage and rushes her deeper into the museum for safety.

    “No sudden movements!” the leader of the gang shouts as he brandishes a gun. “We do this nice and orderly, and everyone goes home safe!”

    Ehu is the first to move, slowly and deliberately approaching with four hands raised. “Easy. The people here are academics.” He begins moving to the side, drawing the attention attention of the leader. “They don't have whatever it is you're looking for, and even if they did, surely you could get it without this violence.”

    With the robbers distracted, Radaszam turns to the other Starfinders and speaks in a hushed tone. “Ehu and I will take down their boss, you focus on these looters and make sure that these people make it out of here alive. On my signal.” He keeps his eyes on the mercenaries, calculating the best moment to strike. “Now."

    At this, the room erupts into chaos. Ehu and Radaszam attack the leader of the robbers and the rest of the guests cower, rushing to the corners of the room or out into the street. A few of the guests, including Captain Alis Sandel and some security guards, draw weapons and leap into the fray.

    You yourselves face off with four of the thugs as the fighting begins.

    init:

    Seldszar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
    Trober: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
    Shari Misraria: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
    Dominar: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
    Darakwinn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

    Enemies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

    Map updated, bold can move

    ---
    Trober
    Darakwinn
    Shari

    ---
    Enemies
    ---
    Seldszar
    Dominar
    ---

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    f CN drow Envoy 3 / Operative 2 [Corporate Agent] | sp 32/32 | hp 34/34 | rp 5/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | F+3 R+11 W+8 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Init +6 | Perc +15 | DV60'

    When all this is just beginning, Shari, smiling charmingly, slowly begins to unbutton her jacket. But what could have turned out to be a prelude to something very intimate, if she was alone with someone in the semi-darkness, turns into a living reminder that the drow is not to be trifled with - under the floors of her jacket she has a bunch of grenades, at least a dozen. Let's dance, guys. She smiles frighteningly.

    She rushes forward, rips off one of the grenades with incredible dexterity and throws it at a group of bandits on the right. Instantly, everything in this area is covered with smoke and a cough is heard from there.

    Smoke Grenade: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 2 = 11 - vs floor AC5 | DC 15 Fort | Stunt & Strike + Swift Toss (no AoO for ranged attacks and drawing a grenade is not an action)

    Smoke Grenade:
    A smoke grenade deals no damage; instead, it releases a cloud of dense smoke. Each character who inhales smoke must succeed at a Fortitude saving throw each round (DC = 15 + 1 per previous check) or spend that round choking and coughing; he can do nothing else. A character who chokes for 2 consecutive rounds takes 1d6 nonlethal damage. (Active environmental protection from a suit of armor prevents this effect altogether.) Regardless of the armor a character wears, smoke obscures vision, providing concealment.

    Exo-Guardians

    | [SP] 28/28 [HP]30/30| Resolve: 5/5 | Dwarf Mystic (Warmonger) 3rd| INIT + 1, Senses Perception +10 Darkvision 60' | EAC 16 KAC 16 Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +8

    "Now this is my kind of party!" Darakwinn says, with a grin.

    She begins calling on reinforcements.

    Casting Summon Creature 1 (1 Round action)

    51 to 100 of 184 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [YFF / SFS / DMK] 6-01 Year of Fortune's Fall All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.