DM Brainiac's Blood Lords

Game Master Brainiac

Maps on Google Slides

Reputation: Builders League 18, Carters Consortium 7, Celebrants 12, Export Guild 22, Reanimators 16, Tax Collectors Union 3


801 to 850 of 2,340 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

hp 97; AC 26 or 27; Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +12 LE sprite vampire tyrant 7

As noted in Discord, I do actually have 17 more hp. So going to retcon in that I got close enough and Strike.

+1 striking Lion scythe (agile, finesse, trip, divine ally: fearsome): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Should've just stayed out. I'm getting very frustrated with these crap rolls...


Forge Breath Duration: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Fortitude vs Rend: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 271d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

The burning ash cloud wreaks havoc on you as you struggle to hit the opponents. Telvir's telekinetic rend only wounds one of the forge-spurned as the other resists its effects. Ceceka manages a critical hit, badly wounding the already wounded dwarf.

Both of them continue to viciously attack the fighter! He takes two hits, one of which is a critical strike!

Soul Chain: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 341d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 151d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 3) + 5 = 141d6 ⇒ 4
Soul Chain: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 241d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 141d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 7) + 5 = 171d6 ⇒ 4

45 slashing and 12 fire damage to Ceceka. So... exactly 57 damage. Ceceka is down at dying 1.

Forge Breath (divine, evocation, fire) The forge-spurned breathes a cloud of stinging soot, ash, and glowing embers. This affects or a 20-foot burst centered on the forge-spurned and persists for 2 more rounds. Each creature that moves into or starts their turn in the area takes 6d6 fire damage, with a DC 21 basic Reflex save. A creature who fails its save is also blinded for 1 minute. Creatures within the cloud are concealed, though not from the forge-spurned.

Enemy Status:
-53


NE | Male Human Fighter 12 | HP: 206/206| AC: 34 | F: +22; R: +16 (+19); W: +20 | Perception +22 | Initiative +24 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Exploration:

Stab roll vs DC 10 (Toughness feat makes it 9+dying level): 1d20 ⇒ 10
Ceceka somehow stabilizes


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

fort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
does that mean no damange? She is still blinded for a minutes based on the first crit failure though

blinded: 1d20 ⇒ 2
blinded: 1d20 ⇒ 10
blinded: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Aily cannot see, but can feel where the gushing ash is the heaviest. She hopes the dense flesh she cuts into is not an allie.

attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11


NE male dhampir elf psychic 13 HP 97/97 | AC 31 | F +17 R +21 W +23 (R)| Perc +21 | 1: 2/2, 2: 2/2, 3: 2/2, 4: 2/2, 5: 2/2, 6: 2/2, 7: 1/1 DC 32 Speed 30 ft | focus 3/3| Hero 3 | Active Conditions: Smoke 121/121 (AC 30)

I would have used my 3rd action last round to back out of the cloud, with Smoke using his independent action to do the same. Sorry, meant to put it in the post.

"This is serious." Seeing his companion fall, Telvir bends his will against the veil of death and calls forth a skeletal champion behind the enemies.

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Fire: 6d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 1, 3, 5) = 23

longsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 for slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Concealment: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Skeletal Champion
AC 19 (21 with shield raised); Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +6
HP 19/25 (negative healing); Immunities death effects, disease, paralyzed, poison, unconscious; Resistances cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, piercing 5, slashing 5[/ooc]


hp 97; AC 26 or 27; Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +12 LE sprite vampire tyrant 7

Fortitude (expert): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 Just killing me here...
6d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4, 5, 4, 6) = 25

Quick stats:

HP 12/71
AC 20 (22 with shield raised)
Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +10
Hero points: 1
Focus Points: 1/1
Effects: Blinded 2/10 rounds

Mithralline, hearing one of her minion's babbling cut off abruptly, realizes he may be in trouble. Sniffing for his blood, she grabs him and hauls him out of the cloud.

Seek, Interact to grab Ceceka, Stride to get him out; hoping that's all possible? Considering I'm blind, I'm not sure I'd even know he's unconscious? If not, I guess I'd Seek, Strike, Stride out of the cloud (spoilering that roll). To add to the issue, my Speed is only 20 -- I have plenty of Strength to drag him, but we may be stuck in this cloud for another round...

If I attack:

Flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 11
+1 striking Lion scythe (agile, finesse, trip, divine ally: fearsome): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


|HP: 190/190| AC: 29 | F: +20, R: +19, W: +23+ | Dec +24, Dip/Itm+22, Med +23, Prc/Rel +21, Lor/Occ/Soc +17 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 2/3 | Active conditions:

Caraid swears and grabs Ceceka's body to drag it out of the cloud. Mithralline helps which is surprising but once Caraid and Ceceka are out the oracle drops to one knee and shoves something into the fighter's mouth as his hands glow brightly.

Battle Med: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 284d8 ⇒ (6, 5, 1, 6) = 18


NE | Male Human Fighter 12 | HP: 206/206| AC: 34 | F: +22; R: +16 (+19); W: +20 | Perception +22 | Initiative +24 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Exploration:

Actions 1+2) Get up & Draw javelin | Action 3) Strike with Javelin
Flat check vs ??5??: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Javelin: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The wounded warrior manages to get up, with the help of Mithrilline and Caraid, and retaliates.


Mithralline and Caraid drag Ceceka out of the burning ash cloud. Ceceka tends to the fighter, restoring him to consciousness. Ceceka then hurls a javelin into the cloud, hearing a satisfying thunk as it sticks into the wounded forge-spurned!.

Aily scores a lucky hit and takes down the wounded foe! The ash cloud clears away, revealing the rogue and Telvir's summoned skeleton fighting the second forge-spurned. The undead dwarf lashes Aily with its chain, scoring a critical hit!

Soul Chain vs Aily: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 341d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 201d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2) + 5 = 81d6 ⇒ 1

16 piercing and 2 fire damage to Aily.


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

flat: 1d20 ⇒ 1
flat: 1d20 ⇒ 14
flat: 1d20 ⇒ 1

attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12

The battered bloodied maid swipes the air around her in a search pattern, where she Thinks the dwarf is.


NE male dhampir elf psychic 13 HP 97/97 | AC 31 | F +17 R +21 W +23 (R)| Perc +21 | 1: 2/2, 2: 2/2, 3: 2/2, 4: 2/2, 5: 2/2, 6: 2/2, 7: 1/1 DC 32 Speed 30 ft | focus 3/3| Hero 3 | Active Conditions: Smoke 121/121 (AC 30)

Telvir commands his skeleton to keep attacking and blasts at the remaining forge-spurned.

longsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 for slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
longsword: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 5 = 21 for slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

telekinetic projectile: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 for slashing: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 3) + 4 = 11


hp 97; AC 26 or 27; Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +12 LE sprite vampire tyrant 7

Quick stats:

HP 14/71
AC 20 (22 with shield raised)
Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +10
Hero points: 1
Focus Points: 1/1
Effects: Blinded 3/10 rounds

Unable to see and badly burned, Mithralline fumbles for the minor oil of unlife in her pouch, pouring it over herself.

I will kill that thing when I can find it again! she thinks furiously.

1d8 ⇒ 2 Figures...

I think that's all I can do.


|HP: 190/190| AC: 29 | F: +20, R: +19, W: +23+ | Dec +24, Dip/Itm+22, Med +23, Prc/Rel +21, Lor/Occ/Soc +17 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 2/3 | Active conditions:

Caraid sighs quietly and sets to work patching Mithralline up.

Medicine: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 122d8 ⇒ (3, 7) = 10
Harm: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


NE | Male Human Fighter 12 | HP: 206/206| AC: 34 | F: +22; R: +16 (+19); W: +20 | Perception +22 | Initiative +24 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Exploration:

The wounded warrior reaches for another javelin, but the hectic fighting between the forge-spurned and its two assailants offers a layer of protection that foils Ceceka's attempts to strike it down.

The javelins sails wide, as Ceceka takes every precaution to ensure he doesn't accidentally hit Aily.

Action 1) Draw javelin | Action 2) Strike with javelin | Action 3) Draw javelin
Javelin: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


The forge-spurned takes hits from Aily, Telvir, and his skeleton. It retaliates, taking Aily down with a solid blow!

Soul Chain: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 181d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 251d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 3) + 5 = 161d6 ⇒ 1

17 damage to Aily. She is down at dying 1.


|HP: 190/190| AC: 29 | F: +20, R: +19, W: +23+ | Dec +24, Dip/Itm+22, Med +23, Prc/Rel +21, Lor/Occ/Soc +17 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 2/3 | Active conditions:

Caraid waits, body tense, hoping that his companions will take down the forge-spurned so that he can rush in and fix Aily up.

Her face is too pretty for scars.


hp 97; AC 26 or 27; Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +12 LE sprite vampire tyrant 7

Not sure this is even allowed, but trying to keep things moving...

Quick stats:

HP 25/71
AC 20 (22 with shield raised)
Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +10
Hero points: 1
Focus Points: 1/1
Effects: Blinded 4/10 rounds

With a few words to help guide her, Mithralline dashes forward again, scythe flashing. Somehow she finds the target and chops deep into its stupid beck.

Raise Shield, athletic rush to Stride, Strike!
Flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 18
+1 striking Lion scythe (agile, finesse, trip, divine ally: fearsome): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Damage (slashing): 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12
Crit! The target becomes frightened 1 and takes 1d6+1 persistent bleed damage.


NE | Male Human Fighter 12 | HP: 206/206| AC: 34 | F: +22; R: +16 (+19); W: +20 | Perception +22 | Initiative +24 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Exploration:

I had forgotten Ceceka is also blind, so he's as good as useless in that I need to 1) seek successfully and 2) beat a flat DC of 11 *after* seeking successfully before 3) also rolling high on the attack.
Seek vs DC ??: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Flat check vs 11: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Strike: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Blind, but not beaten, Ceceka freezes to give his ears all the time they need to pinpoint where their foe might be. Then, with raging desperation, he throws his javelin.


NE male dhampir elf psychic 13 HP 97/97 | AC 31 | F +17 R +21 W +23 (R)| Perc +21 | 1: 2/2, 2: 2/2, 3: 2/2, 4: 2/2, 5: 2/2, 6: 2/2, 7: 1/1 DC 32 Speed 30 ft | focus 3/3| Hero 3 | Active Conditions: Smoke 121/121 (AC 30)

"By the Pale Lady!"

Frustrated by the lumbering undead, Telvir commands his minion to attack again and hurls more rubble at it.

longsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 for slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
longsword: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 5 = 8 for slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

telekinetic projectile: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 for slashing: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) + 4 = 12


Ceceka gets another lucky hit with his javelin, while Telvir pummels the forge-spurned with a chunk of rubble. Finally, Mithralline charges in and tears open its chest with her scythe, taking the undead down!

The fight was brutal, but fortunately it took place in a secluded part of the factory, so you haven't raised any further alarms. As you hunker down to recover, you notice a few things. First, you spot some crates on the factory floor that have been labeled for shipment to the Twilight Castrum in Yled. Second, you spot the factory supervisor, another forge-spurned, ending a conversation with a harried underling. He stomps into a ground-floor office, closing the door behind him. If you can talk to him, it might provide an opportunity to learn more about Decrosia and her operations here...


hp 97; AC 26 or 27; Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +12 LE sprite vampire tyrant 7

Mithralline's vision clears, too late for her to see Aily just lying around like she doesn't have a care in the world, so she doesn't berate her for being lazy.

"If you're ready," she finally announces, "perhaps that forge-spurned will be able to tell us something of use."


|HP: 190/190| AC: 29 | F: +20, R: +19, W: +23+ | Dec +24, Dip/Itm+22, Med +23, Prc/Rel +21, Lor/Occ/Soc +17 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 2/3 | Active conditions:

Mithralline's slow recovery might have something to do with the fact that Caraid gives Aily all his attention immediately and leaves the vampire to heal on her own, at least until he is confident that the dhampir is on the road to recovery.

Then he pulls out the silver needles and starts patching up Mithralline. The fact that the vampire hisses at every needle prick makes a small part of his heart smile.

"Perhaps I'd best go." He suggests. "Or Aily and I. We can be the least... forceful, and I think that will help us here."

Because barging into the office and demanding the information will just cause another fight He doesn't say.


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

As Aliy comes back to the world of the (partial) living she gives Caraid a smile... a real one. Which is rare. "Thank you" the blind elf says to him. She might not be able to see, but she knows his touch very well.

"Two instead of five would attact less attention." she agrees.


hp 97; AC 26 or 27; Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +12 LE sprite vampire tyrant 7

Mithralline considers and finally nods her assent. She's sure she'll have to rush in to save the day, but sometimes it's good to let minions have a moment to shine.

After a moment of consideration, she fixes both Caraid and Amora with a gimlet eye. "Do this and return," she commands. "This is not the time to sneak away for fornicating."


Aily and Caraid wait for a cloud of steam to obscure their passage as they make their way into the supervisor's office. The forge-spurned suervisor sits at his desk facing the door, a cigar clutched between his teeth. He scowls angrily as the two enter. "Who in the name of all the Hells under Geb are you?" he demands.


|HP: 190/190| AC: 29 | F: +20, R: +19, W: +23+ | Dec +24, Dip/Itm+22, Med +23, Prc/Rel +21, Lor/Occ/Soc +17 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 2/3 | Active conditions:

"We're here to speak to Decrosia." Caraid says with impeccable calm. "We have been sent from Iron Taviah and it's very important."

Offer enough information to establish credentials, but not enough to be pinned down on anything specific - that's always the dance and it never gets easier.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


That's more Deception than Diplomacy, same modifier though.

The forge-spurned grunts and leans back in his chair. "Then why are you in here talking to me for? The Boss is upstairs, in her office on the balcony. Just past that rusted-out, puffed-up minotaur that serves as her guard. It's a pain in my neck every time it breathes its corrosive gas on my equipment."

You have gained 1 Edge Point to use in overcoming the next obstacle.


|HP: 190/190| AC: 29 | F: +20, R: +19, W: +23+ | Dec +24, Dip/Itm+22, Med +23, Prc/Rel +21, Lor/Occ/Soc +17 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 2/3 | Active conditions:

"Thank you." Caraid says simply, turning to leave the office once more.

"Delightful." He comments to Aily once they're outside. "I wonder if we could sabotage the balcony and tip the minotaur off it or something similar..."

Medicine Self: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 232d8 ⇒ (8, 8) = 16


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

As the boss says upstairs, Aily tries to figure out either visually or from his cues where the stairs might be. "We'll be right back with the rest of the messengers. Each has part of the message, Paranoia and all" she gives a weary, bone tired tone as she explains while they were leaving when they said it was important.

deception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

Once outside, she'll look for a balcony. "Maybe. Rusted out minotaur sounds like a construct." which Aily had little understanding of, but if she could get close enough without alerting the thing maybe she could sabotage it.


Indeed, as you peer up at the balcony, you see a massive construct patrolling it. It looks like an iron minotaur thick with rust that flakes off as it moves about on its powerful hooves.

GUARDED BALCONY (OBSTACLE)

Infiltration Points 3 (group); Overcome DC 24 Athletics, Deception, Stealth, or Thievery, or DC 20 Religion

The factory’s upper balcony is patrolled by a rare construct that loyally serves Decrosia. Sneaking around the construct is difficult, although those familiar with its fiendish nature can more easily distract it.


NE male dhampir elf psychic 13 HP 97/97 | AC 31 | F +17 R +21 W +23 (R)| Perc +21 | 1: 2/2, 2: 2/2, 3: 2/2, 4: 2/2, 5: 2/2, 6: 2/2, 7: 1/1 DC 32 Speed 30 ft | focus 3/3| Hero 3 | Active Conditions: Smoke 121/121 (AC 30)

Hmm. a fiend bound into a construct. Perhaps it could be distracted with the right prayer.

Religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


NE | Male Human Fighter 12 | HP: 206/206| AC: 34 | F: +22; R: +16 (+19); W: +20 | Perception +22 | Initiative +24 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Exploration:

Religion vs 20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Like Telvir, Ceceka too prefers finding a way around the construct rather than dealing with the iron minotaur. An iron minotaur! No, they've dealt with a bloodthirsty bovine before and that was more than enough for Ceceka.

"Even though it's more than just a construct, fiendish or not, it is still a construct ... it should be easier to deal with than an iron minotaur."


|HP: 190/190| AC: 29 | F: +20, R: +19, W: +23+ | Dec +24, Dip/Itm+22, Med +23, Prc/Rel +21, Lor/Occ/Soc +17 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 2/3 | Active conditions:

Rel: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Caraid is more impressed by the creature than able to tell anything useful about it.

Rel: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Then he sees the glow in the eyes and things start to fall into place.


You expertly distract the construct, allowing you to sneak past it and into Decrosia's office. The rust hag is cleaning her blunderbuss with her feet up on the desk. Her eyes widen with surprise as she sees you!

Initiative:
Aily: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Caraid: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 = 13
Ceceka: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 = 31
Mithralline: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 = 19
Telvir: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17
Enemies: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

"You're going to have to catch me, cretins!" Decrosia shrieks, quickly getting to her feet and leaping backwards through her office window! The glass shatters as she plummets to the street 30 feet below. She lands with a grunt of pain, her injury seeming only to enrage her!


NE | Male Human Fighter 12 | HP: 206/206| AC: 34 | F: +22; R: +16 (+19); W: +20 | Perception +22 | Initiative +24 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Exploration:

Ceceka rushes forward but when he's greeted by a rather steep fall, he throws his companions a look over the shoulder. "Anyone got a grappling hook or like, one of those magical tree tokens?"


NE male dhampir elf psychic 13 HP 97/97 | AC 31 | F +17 R +21 W +23 (R)| Perc +21 | 1: 2/2, 2: 2/2, 3: 2/2, 4: 2/2, 5: 2/2, 6: 2/2, 7: 1/1 DC 32 Speed 30 ft | focus 3/3| Hero 3 | Active Conditions: Smoke 121/121 (AC 30)

"Perhaps this will do." Telvir concentrates and a ramp of force forms, slanting down from the window to the courtyard.

Casting sonata span, as long as there's enough room. That will get us 9 ft. from the ground, at least.


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

Aily would have bobbed a deep curtsy of respect to the elven mage for his quick thinking, but that would have taken time. Instead she rushed after the hag.

stride twice and attack?
attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
damage: 2d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 + (3) = 13


|HP: 190/190| AC: 29 | F: +20, R: +19, W: +23+ | Dec +24, Dip/Itm+22, Med +23, Prc/Rel +21, Lor/Occ/Soc +17 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 2/3 | Active conditions:

Caraid strolls over to the window, rubs his hands together and fires off a powerful beam of light from between them.

Searing Light: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 255d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 5, 3) = 24
Extra 5d6 if she's a fiend or undead, but I assume not.


NE | Male Human Fighter 12 | HP: 206/206| AC: 34 | F: +22; R: +16 (+19); W: +20 | Perception +22 | Initiative +24 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Exploration:

Stride 1) Move to window | Stride 2) 20ft down the ramp | Stride 3) Get into melee range of the hag, if possible - 10ft reach weapon, AoO at the ready

Eager to taste blood, Ceceka rushes forward as the beating of his heart builds up to a raging crescendo. He so aches to inflict pain on the hag that his eyes show nothing but dreadful desire.

"Your time has come, hag!"


hp 97; AC 26 or 27; Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +12 LE sprite vampire tyrant 7

Status:

HP 54/54
AC 20 (22 with shield raised)
Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +10
Hero points: 2
Focus Points: 0/1
Effects:

"Get back here, you foul cow!" Mithralline calls after the hag, rushing to follow her. She mis-aims her leap, however, falling prone next to her.

Athletic Rush (Stride), Stride down the ramp, Leap onto the hag -- or
Athletics (expert): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Bloody hell. Just can't catch a break with this character. That said, I don't know if there's a way to jump those 9 feet from span to ground without falling prone unless we have an ability to avoid damage from falls.


I'll allow you to Leap down to avoid taking falling damage or landing prone.

Decrosia cries out in pain as Caraid blasts her with searing light. She dodges Aily's attacks as the rogue, Ceceka, and Mithralline all converge on her. "Stay back!" Decrosia shrieks, moving away to avoid being pinned down.

Ceceka may take an AoO when she moves.

She levels her arquebus at Caraid and fires, then reloads the firearm.

Arquebus: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26
Damage: 2d8 + 11 ⇒ (6, 3) + 11 = 20

20 piercing damage to Caraid. Decrosia moves 25 feet away. Everybody may act.


NE | Male Human Fighter 12 | HP: 206/206| AC: 34 | F: +22; R: +16 (+19); W: +20 | Perception +22 | Initiative +24 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Exploration:

AoO: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7
Deadly: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Ceceka follows the hag wherever she goes and harries her with quick licks and then, out of nowhere, a fearsome blow.

Stride) 20ft (10ft reach, she'll be at the edge of it) | Actions 2+3) Power Attack
Strike: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
Damage: 3d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 1, 1) + 4 = 13


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

stride 25 feet, 2 attacks
attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10
attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9

Aily moves after the hag as well, without comment like her mistress does, and without effect like Cecka has


|HP: 190/190| AC: 29 | F: +20, R: +19, W: +23+ | Dec +24, Dip/Itm+22, Med +23, Prc/Rel +21, Lor/Occ/Soc +17 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 2/3 | Active conditions:

Caraid ducks too slowly, quite impressed that the hag shoots so accurately at that range - well enough to leave a bloody smear all the way up his arm.

Since she is retreating so much he follows his companions out of the window, sliding down the ramp Telvir made without grace but also without harm.

Move, move, shield.


NE male dhampir elf psychic 13 HP 97/97 | AC 31 | F +17 R +21 W +23 (R)| Perc +21 | 1: 2/2, 2: 2/2, 3: 2/2, 4: 2/2, 5: 2/2, 6: 2/2, 7: 1/1 DC 32 Speed 30 ft | focus 3/3| Hero 3 | Active Conditions: Smoke 121/121 (AC 30)

Telvir strides down the magical bridge he has constructed, then gestures at the hag and a chunk of debris flies at her. Smoke trots after his master.

Stride, cast telekinetic projectile, Smoke independently strides

TKP: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 for slashing: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 6, 6) + 4 = 17


hp 97; AC 26 or 27; Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +12 LE sprite vampire tyrant 7

Quick stats:

HP 54/54
AC 20 (22 with shield raised)
Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +10
Hero points: 2
Focus Points: 0/1
Effects:

Mithralline charges after her, wings flapping furiously to speed her along. As she gets close, she slashes with her scythe. "Urgathoa take you!" she curses.

Stride x2, Strike
+1 striking Lion scythe (agile, finesse, trip, divine ally: fearsome): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Damage (slashing): 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6


Ceceka hits Decrosia as she retreats, then moves in to slash her again. Mithralline lands a hit as well, but the hag dodges your other attacks. Decrosia shrieks as she raises her gun, risking an attack of opportunity from Ceceka. She fires at the fighter, hitting him square in the chest! Cackling, Decrosia reloads and fires again, but luckily, her second shot is off the mark!

Arquebus: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 391d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Damage, Fatal: 2d12 + 11 ⇒ (9, 9) + 11 = 291d12 ⇒ 10

68 damage to Ceceka! He may take an AoO against her.

Enemy Status:
-65


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

The disguised maid slips behind the gunslinging hag, and continues her rain of ineffective blows.

stide to flank, attack attack

attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
damage: 2d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 + (6) = 17

attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
damage: 2d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 + (2) = 11


NE | Male Human Fighter 12 | HP: 206/206| AC: 34 | F: +22; R: +16 (+19); W: +20 | Perception +22 | Initiative +24 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Exploration:

AoO: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11

Too stubborn (or too stupid) to realize he might need to fall back, Ceceka chases after the hag and closes the distance. The fighter's wild swings are impeded by the vicious wound the hag inflicted on him, and it's not a question if Ceceka will go down, but when.

Stride | Strike | Strike
Strike 1: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9
Strike 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 5) + 4 = 16


NE male dhampir elf psychic 13 HP 97/97 | AC 31 | F +17 R +21 W +23 (R)| Perc +21 | 1: 2/2, 2: 2/2, 3: 2/2, 4: 2/2, 5: 2/2, 6: 2/2, 7: 1/1 DC 32 Speed 30 ft | focus 3/3| Hero 3 | Active Conditions: Smoke 121/121 (AC 30)

Telvir conjures some missiles of force to slam into the hag, while Smoke continues to stalk her.

◆◆◆Cast magic missile, Smoke Strides
force: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 4) + 3 = 11

801 to 850 of 2,340 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Blood Lords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.