DM Brainiac's Blood Lords

Game Master Brainiac

Maps on Google Slides

Reputation: Builders League 18, Carters Consortium 7, Celebrants 12, Export Guild 22, Reanimators 15, Tax Collectors Union 3


451 to 500 of 2,322 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

Aily does eye him as yet another plan is destroyed in the matter of moments. "I assumed your general need for a good day's rest was more important to you than anything, sir?" the maid throws out a light barb, but does not unlink her hand from his.

Her eyes do return to the warrior in front of them to see if he has an opinion on the best place to sell.


|HP: 190/190| AC: 24 | F: +18, R: +15, W: +21+ | Dec +22, Dip/Itm+20, Med +21, Perc +19, Rel +17, Lor/Occ/Soc +15 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 3/3 | Active conditions:

"I always sleep better with company." Caraid replies simply. "Especially after a night's exercise." He's almost always smiling so its hard to tell if his current expression is really a smirk or just his usual expression.


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

Aliy nods with her own small but far from timid smile. Her eyes still rest on the warrior, as she asks "The manor is a trek, especially after the evening we have had. After our business is done and we have gathered the information the lady Cort has demanded, perhaps we should get a room. Would that be amenable to you, Mr. Ceceka?" the singular on room might be considered a subtle suggestion to some, but the way Aily's eyes rest on him, it is obviously an offer.

After the selling of goods and a discussion of various rumor mills about the Shallows.

+1 from Nocturnal Charm, half-time from hobnobber
gathering info: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NE | Male Human Fighter 12 | HP: 206/206| AC: 34 | F: +22; R: +16 (+19); W: +20 | Perception +22 | Initiative +24 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Exploration:

The warrior's left eye twitches as he weighs the idea of sharing a room. Back home, a comfortable bed awaits him and just him. "I'd rather return to the manor. Don't worry, I know the way."

Perhaps Ceceka should be worried about traveling back home late at night. There are plenty of threats and dangers haunting the streets of Graydirge once the daylight disappears, but the idea of getting into a scrap makes him feel alive. "I'll stop by a smith. Got to get that armor refitted."


Aily and Ceceka are unable to find any citizens willing to gossip with them, but Caraid hears a rumor over the course of the shopping expedition: “Food and drink are getting pricier and harder to come by in Graydirge—just another way for the quick to suffer in Geb, I suppose. I heard a group was doing something about it, and that’s great! We really need more people like that around here.”


|HP: 190/190| AC: 24 | F: +18, R: +15, W: +21+ | Dec +22, Dip/Itm+20, Med +21, Perc +19, Rel +17, Lor/Occ/Soc +15 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 3/3 | Active conditions:

"Well that's unfortunate..." Caraid says once he and Aily are ensconced in her chosen tavern. "Food and drink are getting pricier, but apparently there's a group of people doing something about it. I think those are connected, and those rumours we heard about poison make me worry that someone wants to kill off all the Quick in Graydirge. Poisoning the food supply would be an effective way to manage it.


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

Aily settles in her seat with an interesting dark ale and a plate of cheese toast and fruit. "Fanatics who are offended by the very notion of taking a breath, or is this all way to grab power?" she uses her fork and knife to cut a perfect square of the toast and eats it, chewing slowly.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
|HP: 190/190| AC: 24 | F: +18, R: +15, W: +21+ | Dec +22, Dip/Itm+20, Med +21, Perc +19, Rel +17, Lor/Occ/Soc +15 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 3/3 | Active conditions:

"Well let's consider what we know." Caraid replies, "The High Priest of Zon Kuthon, a church that ministers to the Quick rather than the Dead, was concerned about one of his priests. This leads us to the Bone Shards who have been destroyed by the Three-Fingered Hand in order to get their bank key. They got to the bank first and took something for someone called 'the Poisoner'. On top of that we have the dead man on a 'new job' who was somewhere in the court of Ghouls and the Crooked Coffin Brewery and Tavern. A tavern which, incidentally, can be tied to another dead body in the bank. It seems clear what but why is harder." He pauses and stifles a deep yawn. "We'd need to know who is in charge of the plan to be sure. Still, even her Tiny Annoyingness won't be able to argue with the next step."


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

Aily listens, then pats her mouth with her napkin, before responding "My lady will do as needed. As long as she believes the idea is hers."


|HP: 190/190| AC: 24 | F: +18, R: +15, W: +21+ | Dec +22, Dip/Itm+20, Med +21, Perc +19, Rel +17, Lor/Occ/Soc +15 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 3/3 | Active conditions:

"Then I trust you will convince her of it, if she doesn't come to the obvious conclusion herself." Caraid replies, smiling. "Now, shall we retire? As I said, I do sleep better with company..."


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

"Of course, my Lord." the maid still has about half a mug of ale which she downs with barely a pause. Standing, smoothing out her skirts, she then links her arm into his and is led to the place of retirement.


The next evening, you make your way to the Crooked Coffin Brewery and Tavern. The building occupies the entirety of a covered market plaza in Graydirge’s Court of Ghouls district. The only entrance to the Crooked Coffin is through an archway on the north side of the plaza. The surrounding area is a rather rundown market district. Similar archways lead to countless other covered streets, alleys, plazas, shops, and homes. It’s easy to walk past the Crooked Coffin without realizing there’s a tavern inside, as there’s no sign or other indication of what lies beyond the archway.

The plaza containing the Crooked Coffin is made of the same stone and bone materials as the rest of the Court of Ghouls. None of the establishment is fully open to the sky; instead, the entire plaza has ceilings made from a mesh of old bones and thin canvas.

The entry archway leads to a dim passageway with a ceiling of canvas and interlocking bones. Another archway leads to a spacious room to the east. An iron grate blocks the passage to the south.

The east archway leads into a room lit by smoky oil lanterns. Old planks and doors are laid across barrels and crates to make tables and stools. The bar that runs along much of the room’s south wall is made of wooden planks crudely nailed together. Behind the bar, dilapidated shelves hold mugs, small casks, and other supplies. The room is sparsely furnished and lacks decorations of any kind. There is a single wooden door in the south wall, behind the bar.

A handful of living customers are here, sipping from flagons of ale. Two humans wait on the tables, while a female ghoul watches from behind the bar.


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

deception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 +1 to lie to humanoids, charming liar improves attitude but one step on crit

Aily entered the bar last, due to having walked behind the others like a proper servant, but she quickly scuttled around the group to get to the bar first.

"My lady Cort and her... men... wish to experience a variety of establishments outside her station." her tone is brisk but heavy with weariness, and she closes her eyes at the end to let the bartender and customers know what she thinks of her 'ladies' plan. "She has much coin, and also wishes to experience the..." she pauses and her tone changes to a drone, like she is reading a manual on economics aloud "... comaraderie of the lower people." she sighes "Meaning she will pay for drinks for all" she leans toward the customes, with a hand on the side of her mouth to whisper, loudly "if you would be willing to stick around and chat with her. Please!"


The customers murmur their assent to Aily's offer of free drinks. The ghoul bartender looks your group over before giving Aily a toothy grin. "Sure. It's a copper a flagon. We've got ale. Just one kind. We ain't a fancy place," she says. She gestures to several barrels that support the bar. They have spigots resembling retching, skeletal gargoyles.

The bartender's attitude has improved to friendly.


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

Aily smiles in thanks, quickly counting out enough coppers for drinks for all, including a healthy tip for the bartender. The maid then wipes off the most sturdy of the barrels, before setting her mistresses pillow on it, for height and comfort.

Then stands back as the others sit, ready to serve if needed. (and observe while attention is on the others)


NE male dhampir elf psychic 13 HP 97/97 | AC 31 | F +17 R +21 W +23 (R)| Perc +21 | 1: 2/2, 2: 2/2, 3: 2/2, 4: 2/2, 5: 2/2, 6: 2/2, 7: 1/1 DC 32 Speed 30 ft | focus 3/3| Hero 3 | Active Conditions: Smoke 121/121 (AC 30)

"Not all of us are lucky enough to work for a patron as illustrious as the Lady Cort." Telvir chats to the tavern keeper. "Have you heard of any employers looking for skilled help in the area."


"I heard some groups had been hiring people like you a few weeks back, but since then the demand's dried up," the bartender says with a shrug. "Sorry. If you're seeking employment, you might need to look elsewhere."


hp 97; AC 26 or 27; Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +12 LE sprite vampire tyrant 7

"Tell us who it was looking? We will approach them directly!" Mithralline says.


The ghoul narrows her eyes at Mithralline. "I don't know. I just heard a rumor. Try asking around the city, I'm sure somebody can tell you," she says icily.


NE male dhampir elf psychic 13 HP 97/97 | AC 31 | F +17 R +21 W +23 (R)| Perc +21 | 1: 2/2, 2: 2/2, 3: 2/2, 4: 2/2, 5: 2/2, 6: 2/2, 7: 1/1 DC 32 Speed 30 ft | focus 3/3| Hero 3 | Active Conditions: Smoke 121/121 (AC 30)

Mithralline with her usual charms.

"I need some air."

Telvir steps outside the place, Smoke heeling him. He looks around to see if there are any likely looking gossips hanging around outside the bar.

Diplomacy +6 to Gather Information


|HP: 190/190| AC: 24 | F: +18, R: +15, W: +21+ | Dec +22, Dip/Itm+20, Med +21, Perc +19, Rel +17, Lor/Occ/Soc +15 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 3/3 | Active conditions:

Caraid sits in the corner quietly and projects his best 'I've got nothing to do with that tiny monstrosity' vibes. His plan is to wait until she grows bored and then get on with the real work.


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

Aily sighs and then moves forward. "Madam, my lady has shown... interest... in men clothed, particularly, in red cloaks." she drops the pretense of being her mistress being there for the drinks, especially since she hasn't even touched it. Instead she slides several gold coins to the barkeep.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 +1 for humanoids


Telvir doesn't spot any gossips outside the bar. He could canvass the neighborhood for rumors, but it would take a few hours to do so.

In the meantime, the ghoul bartender scowls at Aily's request. She slides the gold back to the dhampir. "Your lady has a dangerous interest. I think you should leave," she says sternly.


hp 97; AC 26 or 27; Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +12 LE sprite vampire tyrant 7

"This is Geb," she growls, showing her teeth. "Many things about me are more dangerous than my interests."

At first it seems almost comical, but the feral light in her dark eyes brings home the fact that she is indeed a vampire, no matter her size. Her bite is certainly going to be worse than her bark.

Intimidation (trained): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Come on! Going to Hero Point that (2 left)
Intimidation (trained): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


The ghoul winces at Mithralline's threats. She looks around and leans closer. "Alright, alright. You're looking for the Three-Fingered Hand, yeah? This is their base of operations. I only just started working for them recently."

She gestures to the door behind the bar. "Go through the storeroom and into the brewery, and you'll find some of the others. Don't know how they'll take you getting in there, but that'll be your problem, not mine!"


hp 97; AC 26 or 27; Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +12 LE sprite vampire tyrant 7

Mithralline smiles, and looks around. Of course, my minions have scattered. Agathera should have been keeping an eye on them, but what can one expect?

"Agathera," she instructs Aily, "go assemble the others and we can deal with this ... cult ... once and for all."

She remains at the bar, keeping an eye on the bartender. Her gaze drifts down from his eyes, to his neck. A drink might not be bad right now... She unconsciously licks her lips in anticipation of fighting foes that aren't already dead.


|HP: 190/190| AC: 24 | F: +18, R: +15, W: +21+ | Dec +22, Dip/Itm+20, Med +21, Perc +19, Rel +17, Lor/Occ/Soc +15 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 3/3 | Active conditions:

Caraid rejoins the group with a sigh. More violence...


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

At first Aily was about to groan at her mistress's performance, but she had to admit she was pleasantly surprised with her threat. She nods at the command, then swishes her skirts turning to dash outside, nearly running into Caraid.
"The cult is here, one moment while I go get Mr. Stanton." she slips past the man and does just that, repeating what she said to him.


The storeroom contains several barrels and empty crates. Past it, you enter the brewery. A raised wooden walkway allows access to the top of seven large wooden vats that occupy the west side of this room. Distribution pipes run along the ceiling, connecting the vats to each other. A wide pipe leads from the easternmost vat along the ceiling and through a hallway to the east. Several grates adorn the walls, creating pens in which zombies snarl and moan.

Two human thugs and a ghoul stand guard atop the raised platform. The ghoul hisses angrily when they see you coming. "Intruders! Hold them off! I will warn Pesgahi!" the ghoul snarls as they turn to flee!

Initiative:
Aily: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Caraid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Ceceka: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Mithralline: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Telvir: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Enemies: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

The ghoul moves swiftly, leaping down from the walkway and rushing to open a door across the room. The human ruffians raise slings, launching bullets down at Ceceka.

Slings: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 91d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

7 bludgeoning damage to Ceceka. Everybody may act.


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

"Mistress, that one dares run from you, his fear needs to be rewarded, no?" Aily suggests her winged lady catch the runner, while she pulls her knife and flanks (hopefully) with Ceceka)

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (4) = 12
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (1) = 7


NE male dhampir elf psychic 13 HP 97/97 | AC 31 | F +17 R +21 W +23 (R)| Perc +21 | 1: 2/2, 2: 2/2, 3: 2/2, 4: 2/2, 5: 2/2, 6: 2/2, 7: 1/1 DC 32 Speed 30 ft | focus 3/3| Hero 3 | Active Conditions: Smoke 121/121 (AC 30)

"Smoke, retrieve!" Telvir commands the beast to pursue the ghoul, then gestures at one of the enemies and makes a fist. Countless hands of force grab the foe, shoving him toward the edge of the railing at the vat below.

Command Smoke (Stride, Stride), cast amped mage hand.

Spell Attack vs Fortitude DC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

If that is a success, I'd shove orange into the vat that's behind him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
hp 97; AC 26 or 27; Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +12 LE sprite vampire tyrant 7

Unfortunately, there's no way I'm going to catch him; my move is only 20 feet!

Status:

HP 42/42
AC 19 (21with shield raised)
Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +8
Hero points: 2
Effects:

Ignoring her servant's suggestion, Aily launches herself at the nearest human fangs first.[/ooc]

Stride (into his space), Grapple (using fangs), Strike/Drink Blood
Athletics (expert): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 If that's a critical failure, I'll use a Hero Point -- if that succeeds, third action would be to Drink Blood instead of Strike
Fangs (grapple, unarmed): 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 5 = 15
Damage (piercing): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Drink Blood if it comes up:

Drink Blood (divine, necromancy) Requirements A grabbed, paralyzed, restrained, unconscious, or willing creature is within your reach; Effect You sink your fangs into that creature and drink its blood. This requires an Athletics check against the victim's Fortitude DC if the victim is grabbed, and automatically succeeds for any of the other conditions. If you succeed, the creature becomes drained 1, and you gain temporary HP equal to the target's level that last for 10 minutes. Further uses against the target don't increase the drained condition or grant you more temporary HP.

The Athletics check would be 22.


|HP: 190/190| AC: 24 | F: +18, R: +15, W: +21+ | Dec +22, Dip/Itm+20, Med +21, Perc +19, Rel +17, Lor/Occ/Soc +15 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 3/3 | Active conditions:

Caraid pulls his hands apart and below the air parts in the same motion as a weapon constructed of light appears in front of the ghoul.

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 211d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


NE | Male Human Fighter 12 | HP: 206/206| AC: 34 | F: +22; R: +16 (+19); W: +20 | Perception +22 | Initiative +24 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Exploration:

Action 1) Stride | Actions 2+3) Strike vs Red + Brutish Shove vs Orange (+1 to hit bonus from Sweep)
Strike: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Brutish Shove (into the vat!): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Brutish Shove: If you hit a target that is your size or smaller, that creature is flat-footed until the end of your current turn, and you can automatically Shove it, with the same benefits as the Shove action (including the critical success effect, if your Strike was a critical hit). If you move to follow the target, your movement doesn't trigger reactions.

Ceceka grunts when a sling bullet meets his armor. Right then and there he vows that the bastard who dared dink his new armor will pay. No words are uttered, but one look at Ceceka will tell the thug all he needs to know.


Aily moves in to attack, but her foe parries her strikes. Ceceka strides up behind her, stabbing one of the ruffians. He tries to shove the other one, but just barely misses. Mithralline tries to grab a hold of the wounded man, but is unable to do so.

Caraid's spiritual weapon slices into the ghoul, wounding them badly! Telvir sends Smoke after them as the psychic telekinetically shoves one of the ruffians into the vat! Fortunately for the man, the vat is empty, but the fall still hurts him.

The ghoul shouts a warning through the open door, then turns and rushes at Smoke, biting at the hound.

Jaws vs Smoke: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The wounded ruffian draws his club and swings at Mithralline.

Club vs Mithralline: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 241d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The man in the vat gets back to his feet and climbs back to the walkway.

Athletics to Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

14 damage to Smoke, 7 damage to Mithralline.


NE | Male Human Fighter 12 | HP: 206/206| AC: 34 | F: +22; R: +16 (+19); W: +20 | Perception +22 | Initiative +24 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Exploration:

Ceceka continues to lash out at their foes with his fauchard, its razor edge eager to give them the kiss of death.

Actions 1+2+3) Strike vs Red + Exacting Strike + Brutish Shove vs Orange (+1 to hit bonus from Sweep)
Strike: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Exacting Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Brutish Shove (into the vat!): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

Aily's eyes flash in annoyance that her blades were parried so easily. "I did not expect skill from a oozing pile of misguided living-isms. But it won't matter. My mistress's bloated sack of a stomach will digest your remains slowly" she smiles as she attempts to demoralize her foe into a mistake.

intimidation: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (5) = 12
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (4) = 10


|HP: 190/190| AC: 24 | F: +18, R: +15, W: +21+ | Dec +22, Dip/Itm+20, Med +21, Perc +19, Rel +17, Lor/Occ/Soc +15 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 3/3 | Active conditions:

With a moment's thought the spectral bow fires another arrow at the ghoul as Caraid flings a rainbow bolt of energy towards Aily's opponent.

SW: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 181d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

DL: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 272d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6


hp 97; AC 26 or 27; Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +12 LE sprite vampire tyrant 7

Quick stats:

HP 42/42
AC 19 (21with shield raised)
Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +8
Hero points: 2
Effects:

"Impudent fool, you will pay for that!" Mithralline screams Iron Command (remember that's persistent)!,

She tries again to grab hold of him, but this disgusting worm is clearly too filthy to actually hold onto. She decides he's not worth drinking and switches to her scythe before raising her shield.

Grapple, Strike, Raise Shield
Athletics (expert): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 Really? Both attempts to do this get a 2?
Lion scythe (agile, finesse, trip, divine ally: fearsome): 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 4 = 13

Iron Command:

[ ooc]Iron Command (reaction); Trigger: An enemy within 15 feet damages you.You put an impertinent foe who dared harm you in their proper place. You command your enemy to kneel before you in obedience. If they dare to refuse, they must pay the price in pain and anguish. The foe must choose one of the following options.[/ooc]
[ ooc] The enemy kneels, dropping prone as a free action.[/ooc]
[ ooc] The enemy refuses, and you deal 1d6 persistent mental damage to it. [/ooc]
[ ooc]In addition, your Strikes against the triggering creature deal 1 extra damage until the end of your next turn. You choose whether the damage type is evil or negative each time you use this reaction.[/ooc]


NE male dhampir elf psychic 13 HP 97/97 | AC 31 | F +17 R +21 W +23 (R)| Perc +21 | 1: 2/2, 2: 2/2, 3: 2/2, 4: 2/2, 5: 2/2, 6: 2/2, 7: 1/1 DC 32 Speed 30 ft | focus 3/3| Hero 3 | Active Conditions: Smoke 121/121 (AC 30)

Telvir whistles for Smoke to heel, then he tosses some debris from the floor at the remaining guard.

Command (Stride, Stride), cast telekinetic projectile
telekinetic projectile: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 for bludgeoning: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11


Aily demoralizes her opponent and stabs him in a vulnerable spot. Ceceka stabs the man again and turns back to the other one, but fails to shove him back into the vat. Mithralline flails impotently at the ruffian, but Caraid proves his worth as the spiritual weapon takes out the ghoul and he scores a critical hit with a divine lance, slaying the wounded thug! Telvir calls Smoke back to his side before battering the remaining thug with a hurled bit of debris.

Despite his wounds, the last guard refuses to surrender. He steps forward to attack Aily, but she dodges his attacks!

Club: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 101d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


NE | Male Human Fighter 12 | HP: 206/206| AC: 34 | F: +22; R: +16 (+19); W: +20 | Perception +22 | Initiative +24 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Exploration:

When the thug refuses to surrender, Ceceka can't help but scowl at the man. What's going on that death is preferable to living?!

Actions 1+2+3) Strike vs Red + Exacting Strike + Strike
Strike: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Exacting Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Last attack is vs AC 23 if attack number 2 misses, since a miss doesn't increase MAP.


Ceceka stabs the thug three times, swiftly taking him down!


|HP: 190/190| AC: 24 | F: +18, R: +15, W: +21+ | Dec +22, Dip/Itm+20, Med +21, Perc +19, Rel +17, Lor/Occ/Soc +15 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 3/3 | Active conditions:

"They were warned." Caraid says, slightly tightly. The bow is still hovering in front of the door below and keeping it there seems to be costing him something.


NE male dhampir elf psychic 13 HP 97/97 | AC 31 | F +17 R +21 W +23 (R)| Perc +21 | 1: 2/2, 2: 2/2, 3: 2/2, 4: 2/2, 5: 2/2, 6: 2/2, 7: 1/1 DC 32 Speed 30 ft | focus 3/3| Hero 3 | Active Conditions: Smoke 121/121 (AC 30)

"Let's take care of this Pesgahi before they have time to flee." Telvir moves toward the door with Smoke on his heels.


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

"Your distraction attack techniques were inspiring, mistress." Aily compliments the toothy sprite as she cleans the dead guy off her knife.

"Good suggestion, Mr. Stanton." the elven maid agrees, ready to hunt them all down.


hp 97; AC 26 or 27; Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +12 LE sprite vampire tyrant 7

"Indeed!" Mithralline agrees, preening at the well-deserved compliment. She looks around.

"Now, are there more of them coming?"


|HP: 190/190| AC: 24 | F: +18, R: +15, W: +21+ | Dec +22, Dip/Itm+20, Med +21, Perc +19, Rel +17, Lor/Occ/Soc +15 | Lvl 1: 3/3, 2: 3/3, 3: 3/3, 4: 3/3, 5: 3/3, 6: 3/3, 7: 2/2, Focus: 3/3 | HeP 3/3 | Active conditions:

"No. Go and get them!" Caraid says with a scowl. His spell is on the edge of collapsing and Mithralline being obtuse is not helping.


Planks laid across barrels form a pair of tables set into alcoves in the north and south walls of this room. They’re slick with gore, a partially dissected human corpse spread atop each. A viscera-filled bucket sits on the floor next to each table.

The corpses begin to stir and rise as you draw near. Down the hall, the door to the pen you saw earlier hangs open, and more zombies shamble out. These zombies still have some bone-white makeup on their skin and black dye in their hair indicating that they were once members of the Bone Shards. One of these zombies emits haunting sounds, piping, squelching, and trumpeting as it forces air through the cavities and organs of its decomposing body!

Initiative:
Aily: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Caraid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Ceceka: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Mithralline: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Telvir: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Enemies: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Everybody but Caraid may act!

Piping Dirge (auditory, aura, emotion, enchantment, fear, mental, occult) 30 feet. Living creatures that enter the aura or start their turn within it become frightened 1 and can’t reduce their frightened value below 1 while within the aura.


LE elf dhampir rogue/alter ego/shadowdancer 13 HP:136/136 | AC: 33 (nimble dodge) | F: +19; R: +26(improved evasion); W: +20 | Perception +24 greater darkvision, low-light vision| dagger +26 2d4+8 +3d6 sneak | hero points: 0 |

"I think its trying to... Sing." Aily's tone is a mix of utter horror (at the singing, not the zombies) and a bit a interest. Neither keep her from dashing forward to stab one in its throat.

attack: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 1 = 18
damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (6) = 11
attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 1 = 13
damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (5) = 12

451 to 500 of 2,322 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Blood Lords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.