Quest: Ambush in Absalom

Game Master Diaz Ex Machina

Maps & Pictures


1 to 50 of 144 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

He/Him | GMT+0200 (CEST) | The Sandstone Secret | Ambush in Absalom | The Silverhex Chronicles | The Wounded Wisp

During your stay at the Grand Lodge in Absalom you've been invited to an audience in the Venture-Captain's office. The door is closed when you arrive, no sound come from the room.

Please feel free to introduce your character and make your acquaintance with each other.

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☐☐☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none

Gathered with you is a finely stylized elf, with well-kept hair flowing a short length down his back and facial hair. He has sharp features and a stern look, complete with eyes that seem to expectantly pierce through you and into your soul.

His attire is as utilitarian as one would expect for Society agents, but he still wears it cleanly. You get the feeling this guy doesn't generally get too dirty.

Great, they're not in right now. It would be nice if these invites were a little more specific on timing... the elf grumbles.

As they wait, he decided to get to know the others.

So, how long have all of you been with the Society? What's your specialty? As for me, I'm Darzus and I dabble in... dreams.

Grand Lodge

Female Half elf Sorcerer lvl1

An half elf dressed in a simple green suit enters the hall. Despite her common robe, her presence is quite extravagant. Iridescent, yet dark purple hair interwine around a childish face. Her round, green eyes exmine the enviroment, as if they're trying to breathe it up, in one single glance. Her look finally falls on the elf, and she appears to take a little time to observe him before answering. 

It's a pleasure to meet you, Darzus. Dreams are...

Her voice trembles a bit and her glance darkens. 

A very fascinating subject. I serve here just in recent times, and my matters are herbs and, uhm...magic. 

She does not seem sure about the last assumption. 

As she gets nearer you can notice a little sign on her forehead, like a glimpse of an arcane light, or the lines of a tattoo just clearer of her amber skin. 

What about the rest of you? 

The Concordance

Male NG Half-Elf Level 2.0 Fighter (Archer) 1 / Transmuter 1 | AC 13 (T 13, FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 16 (FF 13) | HP 20/20 | Init +5 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 vs Enchantments; Immune Sleep) | Perception +7 | Low-Light Vision | 30' Speed | Balanced Offensive 1/1 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Telekinetic Fist 4/4 | Active Conditions:

Joining the group is a young half-elf that gives a smirk as he looks around, before he lowers his hood to reveal striking red hair and emerald eyes. His cloak is forest green and he carries a exquisite long bow and a club.

"Well met. I am Teraren. I specialize in the bow and I have dabbled into some magic to enhance my bow."

Grand Lodge

Female CN Half-Elf (Snowborn) Gunslinger 1 HP:  13/13 |AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | Fort: +4 (+2 vs. disease), Ref: +6, Will: +2; +2 vs. enchantments; +2 trait bonus vs. curse, fear, and emotion effects while wielding a firearm | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Grit: 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

A rhytmic clicking noise can be heard from the corner of the room. A shy woman is fidgeting with what appears as a flintlock pistol, out of boredom and maybe with a grain of anxiety.
She is wearing a burgundy colored leather jacket made for cold, and a very utilitarian pair of heavy trousers. Big boots and a utility belt complete the look. 
You can only tell she's an Half-Elf by her pale face, pointed ears and lack of the usual elven grace. Her dark hairs cover half of her face. She doesn't like to be on the spotlight.
It's not often that you see so many half-elves for a single job. I'm Asurielle, but everyone calls me Asu. Do as you please. I'll keep your back covered on this job, just don't stay on my line-of-sight.
She says this while looking at her pistol. She rises her volume and glances at Darzus:
Darzus, right? Please don't aim your armor-piercing eyes at me, or I'll need a ballistic protection.
You can see her smile, the slight grin partially covered by her hairs. She stops fidgeting and looks at the other party members, remaining in silence and waiting.

Sovereign Court

Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Perform (Comedy) +10, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7
| HP: 12| AC: 16 (19), 13 ff, 14 t | CMB: -2, CMD: 11 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Per: -1 Speed 30

There is a kobold with black and red scales sitting in the room. He is dressed in Chelish livery that clearly once belonged to a halfing; the outfit is too baggy for the wiry reptilian while the sleeves and pants legs are too short for his gangly limbs. For those that follow fashion, they would also know that the outfit is about four seasons out of style. He has conjured a ball of greenish liquid which he juggles back and forth between his hands as he observes the other adventurers come in.

"Huh...I thought I'd be going on an all kobold expedition again but this looks like the half-elf room. By the way, are you all related or something?"

He points at Darzus and says, "Are you their dad, taking your little whelps out on their first mission? I've heard you mammal types like to do things like that. No offense, but you guys have it easy. Life's a little different for us; the second I cracked out of my egg I was told I needed to find a job and my own place to live. Also, did I mention I grew up in a sewer?" the kobold prattles before realizing that he never introduced himself.

"My name is Maddox. Mordant is a nickname, but Maddox is my official name. But you can call me Mordy too, if you'd like. By Shelyn's beard, you can call me whatever you feel like. Whatever it is I can guarantee that I've been called worse and I'm not brave enough to do anything about it anyhow. You know, I think I'll stick with you folks. It feels like they wouldn't send such a sophisticated and dare I say, prepossessing group of dilettantes on an obvious suicide mission. So if anyone comes in here asking for me; I'll be hiding behind Teraren, since he seems to be the biggest one here."

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☐☐☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none
Asurielle Gral wrote:
Darzus, right? Please don't aim your armor-piercing eyes at me, or I'll need a ballistic protection.

Ha! They do not pierce armor. Only souls and dreams. I suppose that can be dangerous as well.

He looks around the group and observes I see a lot of green eyes in addition to many half-elves. I was not aware there were criteria such as these.

He smirks lightly at this joke. This quickly disappears as he's taken aback by Mordant's statement.

Their... dad?!? My no. I don't have any children. Pretty sure not... He trails off into a mumble.

Liberty's Edge

CG male human (Chelaxian) warpriest of Cayden Cailean 1 | AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 | Hit Points: 10/10 | Init +3; Senses Perception +1, Sense Motive +1 | Languages: Common | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 Trait bonus vs. mind-affecting effects for 1 hour after drinking alcohol | Blessings: 3/3
Skills:
Acrobatics -1 (-5 to jump), Craft (alchemy) +4, Diplomacy +4, Profession (barkeep) +5

Sorry for the delay.

A sizable human man dressed in a peasant's frock and apron, leans against the wall for support. A bandolier, holding a few tin mugs and several flasks, is slung over his shoulder. A rapier dangles loosely from his belt. A leather band around his neck waves through the handle of a small, wooden tankard, instantly identifying his chosen deity.

"Do you all have to speak so loudly?" inquires the man, one of his meaty hands resting on his temple. He heaves a deep sigh from his chest and says, "As for what I 'dabble in'--well, to be honest, I ain't one for 'dabbling' at all. I tend to get more than just my hands or feet wet. I prefer a full on 'dousing'!"

"The name's Moe. Have a last name too, but 'fraid it ain't worth too much, no more," he adds with a smile. "By Cayden, can't say my first name is worth all that much either, but its what I've got."


He/Him | GMT+0200 (CEST) | The Sandstone Secret | Ambush in Absalom | The Silverhex Chronicles | The Wounded Wisp

The doors to the Venture-Captain's study opens, and a man in his forties with a fine mustache politely gestures you to get inside. There are four chairs in front of the desk, looks like two of you will have to stand up.

In his usual terse manner, Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin requested an audience in his office. He wasted no words once the last invitee had closed the door.
Some of you may know a novice named Derris Jerval. Last night I gave him an important message to deliver to an associate of the Society, a Varisian businessman in the Docks named Guaril Karela. I received word this afternoon that the package never arrived. I need you to look into it.
My initial inquiries lead me to believe Jerval entered the sewers mere yards from the Grand Lodge’s walls. I’m worried for his safety down there and annoyed that he wasn’t able to get the message to Karela. I need you to go after him. If he’s well, slap some sense into him and ensure he delivers the message. If he’s been injured or gotten himself killed, recover the message and make sure it gets to Guaril Karela at the Pickled Imp, a curiosity shop located in the Docks—and get it there soon. I’m counting on you, Pathfinders.

Grand Lodge

Female CN Half-Elf (Snowborn) Gunslinger 1 HP:  13/13 |AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | Fort: +4 (+2 vs. disease), Ref: +6, Will: +2; +2 vs. enchantments; +2 trait bonus vs. curse, fear, and emotion effects while wielding a firearm | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Grit: 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Asurielle, standing in the back, looks at the others and softly asks:

Anyone know this rookie? I have no idea who he is. Not that I'm expecting to find any other Pathfinder in the sewers, huh.

The Concordance

Male NG Half-Elf Level 2.0 Fighter (Archer) 1 / Transmuter 1 | AC 13 (T 13, FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 16 (FF 13) | HP 20/20 | Init +5 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 vs Enchantments; Immune Sleep) | Perception +7 | Low-Light Vision | 30' Speed | Balanced Offensive 1/1 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Telekinetic Fist 4/4 | Active Conditions:

"Vanture-Captain, can you give us a description of this Jerval? So we can either be sure he is the right person or identify the body."

Sovereign Court

Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Perform (Comedy) +10, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7
| HP: 12| AC: 16 (19), 13 ff, 14 t | CMB: -2, CMD: 11 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Per: -1 Speed 30

Maddox leans against an end table with his elbow, tipping the vase on it over. The kobold manages to catch it and gingerly sets it back while casually asking "Did you tell Jerval to go to the Pickled Imp through the sewers? I'm just asking because in my experience you surface dwellers usually prefer doing your traveling above ground."


He/Him | GMT+0200 (CEST) | The Sandstone Secret | Ambush in Absalom | The Silverhex Chronicles | The Wounded Wisp

Derris Jerval isn't one that really pops out from the crowd: young, lean, brown hair, hazel eyes, average height, white skin. I think he's Taldan, he's from Andoran if I'm not mistaken.

I didn't tell the boy to use the sewers to bring the parcel to its destination, but I'm sure he heard from other Pathfinders that the Society uses the tunnels beneath the city to move quicker and draw less attention on them.

Valsin takes a sip from a glass cup on his desk, I guess the boy wanted to impress me and show he had what it needs to travel the sewers and get my pack to Karela in no time. Foolish thinking.

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☐☐☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none

Huh. But it's not a requirement? I mean, aside from finding this "Jerval," we won't be expected to use the sewers generally? I mean, come on, eww!

He looks around at the others to see how they're reacting.

Do we generally expected to be impeded in our home city of Absalom, when delivering a simple message?

Th elf shrugs and gets back to real questions.

Well, do you have another copy of the message in case the worst has happened and we can't locate it or the boy?


He/Him | GMT+0200 (CEST) | The Sandstone Secret | Ambush in Absalom | The Silverhex Chronicles | The Wounded Wisp

I expect you will pursue any lead to find this missing Pathfinder and the parcel I entrusted him, and since as I've already told you that Jerval has been seen entering the sewers I think your best bet is follow his steps down there. The Venture-Captain seems a bit frustrated by Darzus' attitude. And no, there is no copy of the parcel, otherwise I would have entrusted it to one fo you and sent them to Karela while the others search for Jerval.

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☐☐☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none

Yes yes, obviously this time. I just didn't like this implication that agents encourage each other to do this as routine.

The elf sighs, steeling himself for the experience.

Well, point us at the odious entrance and we shall explore it.

Grand Lodge

Female Half elf Sorcerer lvl1

The sewers...I've seen worst places in dreams. 

Mumbles the girl, her voice high just enough to be heard from the elf beside her. She seems anything but annoyed to be sent in such a place. The tone of her voice almost assumes a kind of zinger directed to him. 

After that quick action, she finally addresses to the Venture-Captain. She makes a quick. yet polite curtsy, and speaks more loudly.  

Everything's clear to me, Sir. 

Shall we finally go? 

She appears a little nervous to stay in the room more than the necessary. 

The Concordance

Male NG Half-Elf Level 2.0 Fighter (Archer) 1 / Transmuter 1 | AC 13 (T 13, FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 16 (FF 13) | HP 20/20 | Init +5 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 vs Enchantments; Immune Sleep) | Perception +7 | Low-Light Vision | 30' Speed | Balanced Offensive 1/1 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Telekinetic Fist 4/4 | Active Conditions:

"Lets be on our way. Too sooner we find Jerval, the sooner we can leave the sewers."

Sovereign Court

Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Perform (Comedy) +10, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7
| HP: 12| AC: 16 (19), 13 ff, 14 t | CMB: -2, CMD: 11 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Per: -1 Speed 30

"Hey, I was raised in the sewers of Absalom! That's my neighborhood you're talking about. I don't go around disparaging whatever wretched little huts or tree houses you grew up in!" Maddox says irritably.

Liberty's Edge

CG male human (Chelaxian) warpriest of Cayden Cailean 1 | AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 | Hit Points: 10/10 | Init +3; Senses Perception +1, Sense Motive +1 | Languages: Common | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 Trait bonus vs. mind-affecting effects for 1 hour after drinking alcohol | Blessings: 3/3
Skills:
Acrobatics -1 (-5 to jump), Craft (alchemy) +4, Diplomacy +4, Profession (barkeep) +5

"To the sewers it is, then," nods Moe.


He/Him | GMT+0200 (CEST) | The Sandstone Secret | Ambush in Absalom | The Silverhex Chronicles | The Wounded Wisp

The young fool probably used the nearest entrance to the sewers, which is the one behind the Grand Lodge. Start from there, get the boy and the parcel, and bring that pack to Karela. Now go, don't waste any time.

The entrance to the sewers sits in a shadowy alley behind the Lodge, you find it pretty quickly. The manhole seems to have been used recently, but knowing that Pathfinders—and probably other people too—use the underground tunnels to move quickly throughout the city and deal in not-so-legal businesses that's not a big surprise. Once underground you find yourself in a pretty stinky, pretty damp, pretty dark tunnel.

Please position your tokens on the map on Slide #7.

Grand Lodge

Female CN Half-Elf (Snowborn) Gunslinger 1 HP:  13/13 |AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | Fort: +4 (+2 vs. disease), Ref: +6, Will: +2; +2 vs. enchantments; +2 trait bonus vs. curse, fear, and emotion effects while wielding a firearm | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Grit: 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Oh well, I've been to worse places. 

Asurielle whispers, kicking away a lump that once could have been a fishing net, probably used to haul something illegal.

As per habit, her right hand gently slides along the gun's handle, ready to draw.

Damn, I hope this humidity doesn't cause any problems with the primer... it would be awkward to misfire on the first shot. But hey, the rookie might just have tripped over a curb! No time for paranoia.

A slimy droplet falls on her left forearm. 

Gross!

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☐☐☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none
AraalTheMaid wrote:
The sewers...I've seen worst places in dreams. 

Darzus shoots the sorceress a quick smirk, appreciating the specifics of her jab.

Mordant Maddox wrote:
"Hey, I was raised in the sewers of Absalom! That's my neighborhood you're talking about. I don't go around disparaging whatever wretched little huts or tree houses you grew up in!" Maddox says irritably.

Yes yes, I look forward to the grandeur of the huts down below. The elf sighs. He knows once they're down below he'll be the least comfortable and struggle the hardest to be useful.

Placed on the map.

He steels himself as they enter, forcing himself to breath heavily and take it all in.

Oh, if the boy is asleep or unconscious when we find him... let me try something. Lead the way!

Sovereign Court

Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Perform (Comedy) +10, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7
| HP: 12| AC: 16 (19), 13 ff, 14 t | CMB: -2, CMD: 11 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Per: -1 Speed 30

"Ahh, smell that refreshing air! Turnips must be in season!" the kobold exclaims upon entering the sewers.

Maddox starts to look uncomfortable as he realizes that he is being pushed to the front of the group. "Hey guys...I'm not really much of a hand to hand kind of adventurer and to be frank with you, I'm not terribly good at spotting traps either. Maybe one of you folks in armor, or I don't know...one of the many elves and half-elves that are supposedly famous for their keen senses could consider joining me up in the point position? Just a suggestion, I guess."

Lot of ranged attacks/casters in this group.

Maddox will also use one of his mage armor scrolls on himself upon entering the sewers to give himself an hour's worth of extra defense.

Liberty's Edge

CG male human (Chelaxian) warpriest of Cayden Cailean 1 | AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 | Hit Points: 10/10 | Init +3; Senses Perception +1, Sense Motive +1 | Languages: Common | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 Trait bonus vs. mind-affecting effects for 1 hour after drinking alcohol | Blessings: 3/3
Skills:
Acrobatics -1 (-5 to jump), Craft (alchemy) +4, Diplomacy +4, Profession (barkeep) +5

"I've got the fisticuffs covered, should it come to that," chimes Moe. "Though, other than rats, I'm not sure what you'd expect to run into here in the sewers."

Token on map

Sovereign Court

Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Perform (Comedy) +10, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7
| HP: 12| AC: 16 (19), 13 ff, 14 t | CMB: -2, CMD: 11 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Per: -1 Speed 30

"You joke, but you haven't seen the size of the rats they have down here. Some of them are as bigger than horses.". Maddox creeps forward cautiously now that Moe is at his side.

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☐☐☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none

Darzus shudders visibly at the description of large rats. He jokes back a hurk as if he might vomit at some point.

he's a bit fragile if you couldn't tell :)


He/Him | GMT+0200 (CEST) | The Sandstone Secret | Ambush in Absalom | The Silverhex Chronicles | The Wounded Wisp

I'll be moving the Quest forward as soon as everyone has placed their token on the map. Waiting for @MercurialFae at the moment.

Grand Lodge

Female Half elf Sorcerer lvl1

Araal jumps in the situation, silently following the crew. All at once, she seems to have become silent. Like a shadow, she flattens near a wall, careless of the filth.


He/Him | GMT+0200 (CEST) | The Sandstone Secret | Ambush in Absalom | The Silverhex Chronicles | The Wounded Wisp

A set of muddy bootprints that match Jerval’s lead through the winding tunnels, following a small rivulet of stagnant runoff in a solid stone passage. The flow ends at the intersection with a perpendicular tunnel filled with a mass of filthy water and mud. The footprints continue in the mud to the east.

Maddox scouts ahead for the group, but as soon he steps forward the floor disappears under his feet.

Please Maddox make a Reflex save.

Sovereign Court

Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Perform (Comedy) +10, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7
| HP: 12| AC: 16 (19), 13 ff, 14 t | CMB: -2, CMD: 11 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Per: -1 Speed 30

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Maddox falls down into the pit.

Liberty's Edge

CG male human (Chelaxian) warpriest of Cayden Cailean 1 | AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 | Hit Points: 10/10 | Init +3; Senses Perception +1, Sense Motive +1 | Languages: Common | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 Trait bonus vs. mind-affecting effects for 1 hour after drinking alcohol | Blessings: 3/3
Skills:
Acrobatics -1 (-5 to jump), Craft (alchemy) +4, Diplomacy +4, Profession (barkeep) +5

As his ally suddenly disappears from sight, Moe checks his eyes. With the kobold still not there, he moves ahead cautiously and keeping his eyes on his footing.
Perception to Seek: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

When he spots the kobold in the pit, he tries reaching down and offering a hand.

"I hope you aren't hurt too badly. Nothing a good drink couldn't fix, I'm sure," he says, before adding, "You may have seen the size of the rats they have down here, though, perhaps, you should have trained your eyes more on the ground."

If he can Aid Mordant from the edge of the pit, he will. If not, he will climb down and try to help.

Climb to Aid or go down: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


He/Him | GMT+0200 (CEST) | The Sandstone Secret | Ambush in Absalom | The Silverhex Chronicles | The Wounded Wisp

I've repositioned Maddox and Moe to where they should be on the map.

Maddox falls into the pit, hitting the bottom with his hunkers.

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Suddenly something moves in the shadows of the tunnels, and before anyone can react bullets start flying in the air.

All the attacks are directed to Moe, minimum damage is 1 point.

Sling 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Sling 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Sling 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Sling 4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Damage 1: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Damage 2: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Damage 3: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Damage 4: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

GM:
Initiative
Init (Darzus): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Init (Moe): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Init (Teraren): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Init (Maddox): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Init (Asurielle): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Init (Araal): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Init (Kobolds): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Surprise round has ended, everyone up except Maddox and Araal.

Liberty's Edge

CG male human (Chelaxian) warpriest of Cayden Cailean 1 | AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 | Hit Points: 10/10 | Init +3; Senses Perception +1, Sense Motive +1 | Languages: Common | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 Trait bonus vs. mind-affecting effects for 1 hour after drinking alcohol | Blessings: 3/3
Skills:
Acrobatics -1 (-5 to jump), Craft (alchemy) +4, Diplomacy +4, Profession (barkeep) +5

16 hits Moe's flat-footed AC

"Ow! Something just hit me!" Moe cries out. Moe looks around to see if he can spot the source of the bullets.
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Itentionally searching for stimulus is a move action.
Not spotting anything, he looks again.
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


He/Him | GMT+0200 (CEST) | The Sandstone Secret | Ambush in Absalom | The Silverhex Chronicles | The Wounded Wisp

The dimly lit tunnels are seemingly empty, only shadows move in the dark, but you can't tell if they're shadows of rats, monsters, or what else.

The Concordance

Male NG Half-Elf Level 2.0 Fighter (Archer) 1 / Transmuter 1 | AC 13 (T 13, FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 16 (FF 13) | HP 20/20 | Init +5 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 vs Enchantments; Immune Sleep) | Perception +7 | Low-Light Vision | 30' Speed | Balanced Offensive 1/1 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Telekinetic Fist 4/4 | Active Conditions:

Carefully slipping around the corner over the pit, he looks off in the distance with his low-light vision to spot the attacker.

Move: 15'
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Sovereign Court

Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Perform (Comedy) +10, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7
| HP: 12| AC: 16 (19), 13 ff, 14 t | CMB: -2, CMD: 11 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Per: -1 Speed 30

I don't suppose any of you surface dwellers know how to cast dancing lights or had the foresight to pack a couple of torches?

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☐☐☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none

Does anybody see where those bullets are coming from?

The elf closes his eyes for a second, and a shimmery shell seems to manifest around his body. It fights tightly be appears thick and protective.

He moves forward next to Teraren, avoiding the trap as he goes.

[standard] Cast mage armor (1h)
[move] 25'

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☐☐☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none
Mordant Maddox wrote:
I don't suppose any of you surface dwellers know how to cast dancing lights or had the foresight to pack a couple of torches?

Araal has light


He/Him | GMT+0200 (CEST) | The Sandstone Secret | Ambush in Absalom | The Silverhex Chronicles | The Wounded Wisp

Teraren and Darzus spot two lizard-like creatures in the dim lit tunnels, each wielding a sling and a shield.

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☐☐☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none

Ah! I see them now down this passageway. They are some sort of lizardlings with slings. Does anyone know a language that such a creature would speak?

Now that he sees them the elf starts to shield his face, as he gets the visceral feeling that an errant sling stone could chip a tooth or bloody his nose at any moment.

Grand Lodge

Female CN Half-Elf (Snowborn) Gunslinger 1 HP:  13/13 |AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | Fort: +4 (+2 vs. disease), Ref: +6, Will: +2; +2 vs. enchantments; +2 trait bonus vs. curse, fear, and emotion effects while wielding a firearm | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Grit: 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sorry to everyone for the delay!

Carefully assesting the situation, Asurielle traverses the open trapdoor and goes on the opposite side of where Darzus and Teraren are.

You two! Hold your side and try to not get hit! I'll cover the other tunnel, someone help our lizard friend!

After reaching the new position, she tries to see into the other tunnel to check for more contacts. She gets ready for action, gun in hand, holding position and observing the darkness ahead, looking for movement.

Move: 15'
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
While she looks around, she yells at the dark:

We are not here to fight, but we will respond with force if provoked again! Gosh, I hope these lizardfolks speak common... I don't want to start blasting in such a narrow passage!


He/Him | GMT+0200 (CEST) | The Sandstone Secret | Ambush in Absalom | The Silverhex Chronicles | The Wounded Wisp

The lizard-like creatures keep attacking the party with their slings.

Sling #1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Darzus
Sling #2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Teraren
Sling #3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Asurielle
Sling #4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Moe

Damage #1: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Damage #2: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Damage #3: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Damage #4: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Minimum 1 damage.

Araal and Maddox up.

Sovereign Court

Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Perform (Comedy) +10, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7
| HP: 12| AC: 16 (19), 13 ff, 14 t | CMB: -2, CMD: 11 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Per: -1 Speed 30

"Bloody trap in the sewers! The kid ran into in kobold territory!"

Maddox looks up and sees that the pit is too high and the walls are likely too smooth for him to climb up. He fishes out his wand of infernal healing and taps his sprained ankle.

Fast Healing 1 for ten rounds.

"Someone lower a rope!" he shouts up at his allies. Then he shouts in Draconic,

Draconic:
"Stop your attack! We will kill you if we have to, but we'd rather talk! We're just looking for some foolish kid who went this way!"

Dark Archive

male elf psychic 2 | ♥️10 | ⛨13 t13 ff10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments | Init +8 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st☐☐☐☐☐ | phrenic pool ☐☐☐ | oneiromancy ☐☐☐☐☐ | Dream Leech☐☐ | Active conditions: none
GM Diaz wrote:
Minimum 1 damage.

Indeed, but note that 0s become 1 nonlethal damage.


He/Him | GMT+0200 (CEST) | The Sandstone Secret | Ambush in Absalom | The Silverhex Chronicles | The Wounded Wisp
Darzus wrote:
Indeed, but note that 0s become 1 nonlethal damage.

You are right, I forgot. Thank you.

One of the reptiloid shouts something in the same language used by Maddox.
Draconic:

Thric ner neban! Yth vucot wux tepoha sent vi scout ekess kepla'nas dout lowd ekess Rimem Altergrik! Wux geou ti jaseve tenpiswo takh!:
Shut up traitor! We know you have sent a scout to prepare your attack to Chief Altergrik! You will not leave here alive!

Sovereign Court

Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Perform (Comedy) +10, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7
| HP: 12| AC: 16 (19), 13 ff, 14 t | CMB: -2, CMD: 11 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Per: -1 Speed 30

"Someone toss me a rope down here so I can go up there and burn off their tails!" Maddox shouts out in anger.

Grand Lodge

Female Half elf Sorcerer lvl1

Araal gets nearer to the cliff, pondering the play of shadows under her eyes. She rapidly picks up a little stone and whispers brief words. Then she throws it down to the cliff, as near as possible to the companions, but enough far to avoid hurting them.

Araal casts light.


He/Him | GMT+0200 (CEST) | The Sandstone Secret | Ambush in Absalom | The Silverhex Chronicles | The Wounded Wisp

Round #1 ends.

Darzus
Asurielle
Teraren
Moe
Red
Yellow
Green
Blue
Maddox
Araal

Round #2 starts, bold may act.

1 to 50 of 144 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameplay] GM Diaz' Ambush in Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.