GM Erich's 5-18 The Stranger Within (Tier 5-9) (Inactive)

Game Master Thereus, Silver Crusader


301 to 336 of 336 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

active effects:
Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 6| AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | HP 50/54 | F +9 R +7 W +9 | CMD 21 (22 v disarm)| Init +5 | Perc +11 (+13) | Spells (-,3/5, 3/4) | Bane (6/6)

Jang has two Liberating Command spells prepared - so if he doesn't mind may I bot one? the casting is an immediate action.

escape artist, liberating command, acp: 1d20 + 2 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 14 - 1 = 17
fallback strategy reroll: 1d20 + 2 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 14 - 1 = 16 Ow.

Will vs channel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Fine dicebot, be like that.

Janus is locked in a deadly struggle with the vampire. The fey-touched inquisitor calls upon the reptilian aspect of their god, and attempts to throw the undead to the ground.

death roll (vs CMD), studied target, aid: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 25damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9 if successful the vampire is prone, Janus is not, and the two remain grappled. Death roll is a Crocodile Domain power.

gravetreader's inspiration boon: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Add to the death roll

Move action to Study Target, standard to death roll.

Dark Archive

Dwarf Caiman (magical beast) familiar (figment) 6 | current AC 18 T 11 FF 18 | HP 13/13 | F +7 R +2 W +5 | CMD 15 | Init +0 | Perc +9 lowlight vision

The crocodilian counterpart to the pale ulfen attempts to resist Urgathoa's assault.

Will DC20: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Janus Too is unconscious and dying. Don't worry about saving it, it's a figment. Worry about the human Janus and their awful dice!

Dark Archive

active effects:
Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 6| AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | HP 50/54 | F +9 R +7 W +9 | CMD 21 (22 v disarm)| Init +5 | Perc +11 (+13) | Spells (-,3/5, 3/4) | Bane (6/6)

Just outside the edit window - GM it looks like Janus has a flank on the vampire thanks to Press to the Wall. This adds +3 to Janus' attack (with Vessel Between, a trait) and precision damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9 to his Death Roll attack. (Janus Too is down because of the negative channel when Janus attacks).

The Exchange

NN female Aasimar Theologian 7
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 10, FF 20|HP: 35/35|F +4, R +2, W +9|Init 0, Perc +4|CMB +5 CMD 15|Radiance 2/2, Sulunai 1/1, Channel 7/7, Fire Bolt 7/7

Will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

No stranger to perdition, Nemesis's faith shelters her flame in the face of the enemy priest's power.

She steps cautiously forward, holding her shield tight before her with one hand and gripping her unholy symbol with the other as she chants in Ignan, and the wall-torches providing such light as the chamber has to offer seem to brighten, scintillate, and more curiously still, twist more of their radiance away from Orphyro and toward Nemesis and her fellows....

I'm pretty sure *everyone* is thus affected by 7 rounds of prayer (and remember that is a luck bonus in case any of you are among Fate's Favored!).

Also, to anyone making a reroll by any means, don't forget you have a Student of Sulunai with you (although I'm not sure that would've helped Janus).

The Exchange

Male NG Dwarf from Qadira | Cleric of Erastil (formerly Shelyn) 7 | DR5/bludgeoning 35/35 | HP 63/71 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +3, CMD 18 | F: +14, R: +9, W: +17 | Init: +2 | Perc: +19 | SM: +13 | Dipl.: +21 | Rooted Vitality 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: resist electricity 20, defending bone.

Jang Will save : 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24

~

Jang ends his summoning and casts a barbed chain spell so that three chains from another realm burst out from the ground and strike the lady in purple!

1st chain trip combat maneuver, BAB+5 WIS +7: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 if tripped make will save DC 18 or be shaken for rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 1
2nd chain trip combat maneuver, BAB+5 WIS +7: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 if tripped make will save DC 18 or be shaken for rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 2
3rd chain trip combat maneuver, BAB+5 WIS +7: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25 if tripped make will save DC 18 or be shaken for rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Jang then moves forward.

~

The animmals that Jang summoned are celestial dire boars.

number of summoned dire boars: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Jang has received the boon from Erastil to be able to talk with all his summoned creatures and he directs them to attack the vampire in red!

Augmented Celestial Dire boar has AC 15, DR5/evil, 52 hp. I numbered them 1 to 3.

The celestial boars attack the vampire.

1st augmented celestial dire boar gore, flank : 1d20 + 2 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 8 + 2 = 262d6 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5) + 9 + 3 = 18

2nd augmented celestial dire boar gore: 1d20 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 8 = 272d6 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (3, 5) + 9 + 3 = 20

3rd augmented celestial dire boar gore, flank : 1d20 + 2 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 8 + 2 = 312d6 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2) + 9 + 3 = 18


Giant Mosquito, N Medium (counts as Large) | Vermin Companion 7 (Unexpected Intellectual) | HP 59/59 | AC 25 T 15 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 24 | F: +9, R: +9 (Evasion), W: +3 (+4 ench.) | Init: +4 | Perc: +11 | Speed 20 ft., fly 60 ft. (good) | Active conditions: None

Jang orders Magas to fly forward and grab the necromancer with his insectoid mandibles.

Magas knows grapple trick, CMB +14 Grapple (Grab) (+4 BAB, +1 Size (Hefty Brute Feat), +5 Str, +4 grab) : 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Grand Lodge

Iolite Squad Alpha ||| xxx2 ||| xxx3

@Jang This is the first round of combat, I don't think the summoning spell had time to start. Would you rather have the summoning start this round or do the barbed chain spell.

The Exchange

Male NG Dwarf from Qadira | Cleric of Erastil (formerly Shelyn) 7 | DR5/bludgeoning 35/35 | HP 63/71 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +3, CMD 18 | F: +14, R: +9, W: +17 | Init: +2 | Perc: +19 | SM: +13 | Dipl.: +21 | Rooted Vitality 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: resist electricity 20, defending bone.

Ahhh, super sorry! Just came back from vacation. :-) Brain not working. Please ignore the barbed chain this round and also summoned animals. Please assume he is starting to summon this round. Then next round he will use the barbed chain as posted above and let the dire boars that are then summoned attack as posted above.

Dark Archive

active effects:
Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 6| AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | HP 50/54 | F +9 R +7 W +9 | CMD 21 (22 v disarm)| Init +5 | Perc +11 (+13) | Spells (-,3/5, 3/4) | Bane (6/6)

Can't Jang do standard-action summons via Herald Caller + Sacred Summons?

Grand Lodge

Iolite Squad Alpha ||| xxx2 ||| xxx3

@Jang No worries. I'll even let you keep the good rolls (if they still make sense in a round).

Jang begins to summon more combatants as his mosquito moves in for the grab. Orphyro, however, seems impossible to handle as the bug just can't get a grip. Janus spins and flips the hopping vampire to the ground, but remains in its vile grasp. Nemesis enhances the battlefield with divine intervention. Patros darts through the dusty remains of the vanquished vampire to reach Orphyro. His careful strike is guided by Ymeri and just connects with the priest.

The remaining vampire continues his feeding frenzy and seems to be regaining vigor.

red maintain grapple: 1d20 + 12 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 5 - 4 = 30

Need a fort save from Janus or gain a negative level and be staggered for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds

Also, still need will saves vs the negative energy from Claudia and Abaal

Round 2/3 - Bold can act - Prayer, Resist 20 (fire) and lucky numbers are up
Orange Vampire -56 damage <destroyed>
Red Vampire -13 damage <grappling, prone>
Claudia <need will save>
Janus Too -15 damage <unconscious, dying>
Abaal -23 damage <need will save>
Purple Woman
Blue Man (Orphyro) -37 damage (15 NL) <shaken>
Jangafzaar -7 damage
Magas
----------------------
Janus -23 damage <shield of faith, fallback strategy, heightened awareness, antitoxin, expeditious retreat, grappled> <need fort save>
Nemesis -7 damage <-1 WIS, fatigued, defending bone 40>
Patros -15 damage

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 7 | hp 54/65 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 24 (26 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +6 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 | haste

will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Gritting his teeth Abaal's sword flashes out tracing a figure eight through the air between his assailants.

+2 adamantine falchion v blue (backswing, power attack): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 damage: 2d4 + 15 ⇒ (3, 4) + 15 = 22

+2 adamantine falchion v purple (backswing, power attack): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 damage: 2d4 + 17 ⇒ (3, 3) + 17 = 23
THREAT!
confirm?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 damage: 2d4 + 17 ⇒ (4, 3) + 17 = 24

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 7 | hp 54/65 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 24 (26 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +6 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 | haste

PLUS prayer which I was just reminded about by our party's Nemesis. Buff spells and abilities, the holiday fruit cakes of online RPG games. ;)

Grand Lodge

Iolite Squad Alpha ||| xxx2 ||| xxx3

Claudia steps forward and zaps the vampire with her sizzling tongue. Abaal weaves his sword amongst the other two, leaving Orphyro in a heap. The woman turns on him.

"Not today!" she shouts, but her wild swings don't back up her threat.

Claudia Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Claudia shocking grasp: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 265d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 4, 2, 1) = 15
purple greatsword vs Abaal: 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 1 = 122d6 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (2, 4) + 15 - 1 = 20
purple greatsword vs Abaal: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 1 = 142d6 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (2, 6) + 15 - 1 = 22

Round 2/3 - Bold can act - Prayer, Resist 20 (fire) and lucky numbers are up
Orange Vampire -56 damage <destroyed>
Red Vampire -28 damage <grappling, prone>
Claudia -15 damage
Janus Too -15 damage <unconscious, dying>
Abaal -38 damage
Purple Woman -47 damage
Blue Man (Orphyro) -59 damage (15 NL) <unconscious>
Jangafzaar -7 damage
Magas
----------------------
Janus -23 damage <shield of faith, fallback strategy, heightened awareness, antitoxin, expeditious retreat, grappled> <need fort save>
Nemesis -7 damage <-1 WIS, fatigued, defending bone 40>
Patros -15 damage

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 7 | hp 54/65 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 24 (26 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +6 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 | haste

With Orphyro down, Abaal turns his full attention on the woman with the greatsword.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

Patros hops over the unconscious man and rushes the swordswoman. He tries to get through her defenses.

attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 161d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 6 = 21p/r: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 331d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 161d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 6 = 14on phone...can someone move me please...ty

Dark Archive

active effects:
Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 6| AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | HP 50/54 | F +9 R +7 W +9 | CMD 21 (22 v disarm)| Init +5 | Perc +11 (+13) | Spells (-,3/5, 3/4) | Bane (6/6)

Fort, prayer+ff: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17

Will wait for Jang and his critters before posting.

Moved you Patros

The Exchange

Male NG Dwarf from Qadira | Cleric of Erastil (formerly Shelyn) 7 | DR5/bludgeoning 35/35 | HP 63/71 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +3, CMD 18 | F: +14, R: +9, W: +17 | Init: +2 | Perc: +19 | SM: +13 | Dipl.: +21 | Rooted Vitality 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: resist electricity 20, defending bone.

@Janus: Sacred Summons only works with certain outsiders not animals. :-( If it is ok GM then Jang will make the same action as posted above.


Giant Mosquito, N Medium (counts as Large) | Vermin Companion 7 (Unexpected Intellectual) | HP 59/59 | AC 25 T 15 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 24 | F: +9, R: +9 (Evasion), W: +3 (+4 ench.) | Init: +4 | Perc: +11 | Speed 20 ft., fly 60 ft. (good) | Active conditions: None

Jang directs Magas to attack the woman in the back and the insect moves!

bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 201d8 ⇒ 5 plus bleed and grab

Special Attacks bleed (2d4) : 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

free CMB +14 Grapple (Grab) (+4 BAB, +1 Size (Hefty Brute Feat), +5 Str, +4 grab) : 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Special Attacks blood drain (1d2 Constitution) : 1d2 ⇒ 2

Dark Archive

active effects:
Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 6| AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | HP 50/54 | F +9 R +7 W +9 | CMD 21 (22 v disarm)| Init +5 | Perc +11 (+13) | Spells (-,3/5, 3/4) | Bane (6/6)

Assuming the vampire is still up after the boars attack:

Janus, up close and personal with the vampire, slides a dagger from its sheath. Calling on the powers of their divine patron, they enchants the blade and tries to cut themself free.

cold iron dagger vs vampire, studied target, prayer+ff, bane: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 23cold iron magic slashing damage, prayer, bane, studied target: 1d4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + (1, 3) = 18

Move action to draw the dagger, swift to Bane (undead), standard to attack.

Grand Lodge

Iolite Squad Alpha ||| xxx2 ||| xxx3

The vampire was handled by the piggys, so go ahead and take other actions Janus...

Jang's heavenly boars rip into the vampire, reducing it to a pile of dust like its partner. His whirling chain spell then knocks the woman prone with its final spin and Magas moves in but is unable to pierce through her armor. Patros slides in and finds her a tough nut to crack as well.

purple will save vs shaken: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 1 = 10

Round 3 - Bold can act - Prayer, Resist 20 (fire) and lucky numbers are up
Patros -15 damage
Janus -23 damage <shield of faith, fallback strategy, heightened awareness, antitoxin, expeditious retreat>
Nemesis -7 damage <-1 WIS, fatigued, defending bone 40>
Orange Vampire -56 damage <destroyed>
Red Vampire -54 damage <destroyed>
Claudia -15 damage
Janus Too -15 damage <unconscious, dying>
Abaal -38 damage
Purple Woman -47 damage <prone, shaken 4 rounds>
Blue Man (Orphyro) -59 damage (15 NL) <unconscious>
Jangafzaar -7 damage
Magas

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 7 | hp 54/65 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 24 (26 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +6 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 | haste

Abaal points his huge, black blade at the woman now on the floor. "Yield."

If she doesn't:
+2 adamantine falchion v purple (backswing, power attack, prayer): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 damage: 2d4 + 16 ⇒ (2, 1) + 16 = 19

+2 adamantine falchion v purple (backswing, power attack, prayer): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 damage: 2d4 + 18 ⇒ (2, 1) + 18 = 21
THREAT!
confirm?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 damage: 2d4 + 18 ⇒ (4, 2) + 18 = 24

Scarab Sages

Grippli Magus 8 | HP 56/56 | AC 25, T 17, FF 20 | F: +7 R: +7, W: +7 | Perc +1 | Init +9

Claudia walks over, muttering a spell as she does, and swings her sword, suddenly very cold, at the woman.

attack, prayer: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21

probably does not hit, so frigid touch spell is maintained on the sword

edit: added in the bonus from prayer

Dark Archive

active effects:
Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 6| AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | HP 50/54 | F +9 R +7 W +9 | CMD 21 (22 v disarm)| Init +5 | Perc +11 (+13) | Spells (-,3/5, 3/4) | Bane (6/6)

The vampire destroyed, and Imelda Gael held at swordpoint, Janus turns to their crocodilian counterpart.

Janus Too stabilise: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 4 = 14

The familiar spirit is in no immediate danger; Janus watches for the Gael leader's response.

5' step, Study Imelda, Ready to attack if she comes within Janus' reach.

Grand Lodge

Iolite Squad Alpha ||| xxx2 ||| xxx3

She rolls from the grippli's strike before answering the warrior's plea.

"My family will be watching you, Pathfinders..." Imelda Gael seethes through her teeth, starting to rise. A second later, Abaal's blade falls neatly upon her.

Combat Over

Actually...:
About a minute later, both vampires start to rise from the dust again, but at 1 hp - they are easy to put down again and it won't take long to find someone in this strange city who can inform you how to put them down permanently (scattering the dust before it reforms or mixing rice into the dust with a dose of holy water).

Combat Over!
Patros -15 damage
Janus -23 damage <shield of faith, fallback strategy, heightened awareness, antitoxin, expeditious retreat>
Nemesis -7 damage <-1 WIS, fatigued, defending bone 40>
Orange Vampire -56 damage <destroyed>
Red Vampire -54 damage <destroyed>
Claudia -15 damage
Janus Too -15 damage <unconscious, dying>
Abaal -38 damage
Purple Woman (Imelda Gael) -68 damage <dead>
Blue Man (Orphyro) -59 damage (15 NL) <unconscious>
Jangafzaar -7 damage

Gear:

HIM: +1 breastplate, masterwork scythe, amulet of natural armor +1, silver unholy symbol of Urgathoa, onyx gems worth 300 gp, 7 gp

HER: acid (4), smokestick, preserving flask containing cure light wounds, +1 full plate, masterwork greatsword, masterwork spiked gauntlet, cloak of resistance +1, alchemy crafting kit, antitoxin, formula book, 560 gp

A quick check of the surrounding rooms reveal a cool-air pantry (to the east) lined with shelves that bow under the weight of precariously stacked jars, cans, and bags of rice.

To the west, you find a dozen morgue cabinets that slide out from wall, each large enough to store a humanoid corpse. The lowest shelves hold bundles of clothes or bedrolls. Several small notebooks, encoded using the same cypher as the letter in Imelda’s house, are stacked on one of the sleeping shelves. These notebooks contain details about other members of the Gael family and the locations and plots they were tasked with pursuing. The cities and settlements of Absalom, Daggermark, Jol, Riddleport, and Tamran appear most frequently in these plans.

What next, Pathfinders?

The Exchange

Male NG Dwarf from Qadira | Cleric of Erastil (formerly Shelyn) 7 | DR5/bludgeoning 35/35 | HP 63/71 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +3, CMD 18 | F: +14, R: +9, W: +17 | Init: +2 | Perc: +19 | SM: +13 | Dipl.: +21 | Rooted Vitality 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: resist electricity 20, defending bone.

“Arghh, killing these vampires was harder than expected!!“

Thanks GM! :-D

“This information is going to be valuable to the exchange! And we have not killed this necromancer. So all good, right!?“ Jang asks.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

Tend to the wounded...Janus...your friend needs help the most...look after it.. Patros says as he scans the area.
I'll stand guard...I'm barley hurt...

pooc]if someone can top me up after the others are healed that'd be great...ty...[/ooc]

Aye..this information might just be worth its weight in gold crowns, my friend... he says as he scans the contents of the books.

Dark Archive

active effects:
Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 6| AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | HP 50/54 | F +9 R +7 W +9 | CMD 21 (22 v disarm)| Init +5 | Perc +11 (+13) | Spells (-,3/5, 3/4) | Bane (6/6)

"We believe the immediate danger is passed, Patros. We will return. First we must complete our pact with Dakar."

After making safe the vampire remains, and stripping Orphyro of arms, armour, unholy symbol and spell components, Janus looks for a way to revive the necromancer in order to pass on Dakar's message.

Ideally smelling salts from the alchemist's stores. Otherwise, use her own cure light wounds from the preserving flask to bring Orphyro round.

Once everyone is prepared, Janus binds and then revives Orphyro. Standing over the priest Janus says "Orpyro, you survive today at the pleasure of your master Dakar of the Commerce League. Dakar bought your life, and we honour our agreements. Do not cross our path again, Orphyro, for we made no bargain for your future."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

Aye...as my friend here said so eloquently...you owe your life to Dakar...I suggest you make arrangements to ensure that doesn't change...

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 7 | hp 54/65 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 24 (26 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +6 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 | haste
Jangafzaar Kargar wrote:
“This information is going to be valuable to the exchange! And we have not killed this necromancer. So all good, right!?“ Jang asks.
Janus Grey wrote:

"We believe the immediate danger is passed, Patros. We will return. First we must complete our pact with Dakar."

After making safe the vampire remains, and stripping Orphyro of arms, armour, unholy symbol and spell components....

"No need to go overboard and remove his arms. I could simply remove just his fingers or hands. That should hamper his spellcasting enough I think. Though I do have a good knife if you think he can cast by speech alone." says Abaal helpfully. "Oh! you meant--. Well, nevermind then. We could leave him tied with a note. No need to waste spells on the likes of him."

Grand Lodge

Iolite Squad Alpha ||| xxx2 ||| xxx3

Orphyro is quite shaken that he only survives thanks to Dakar’s will.

"I'd helped Imelda for several months, but she has kept me at arm’s length when it comes to the details of her family’s plots and schemes. I do know many of them left Kaer Maga recently, so Karela won't be safe. But I'll have no more part in this ceaseless squabbling, that is for sure."

Indeed the evidence you have found in Pallbearers suggests that although you've crippled the Gael family’s operations in Kaer Maga, several of its members have already departed to perform a desperate attack on Guaril and once word of Imelda's death reach the right ears, plans will likely be set in motion to undermine Guaril’s empire, weaken his defenses, and maybe even deliver a deathblow...

End of Scenario

Exchange members...:
Returning to Dakar to review his potential contract with your group, you find numerous unfavorable terms: a discount on any goods traded, a price protection agreement, promises to buy back unsold merchandise, and formal introductions to the trade prince’s suppliers.

Needing to convince him that al’Hakam would be unhappy with the deal as proposed, you have an opportunity to haggle over the details...

Using your Diplomacy roll from Aug 9, Jang = Success, hence the boon on your chronicle!

Scarab Sages

Grippli Magus 8 | HP 56/56 | AC 25, T 17, FF 20 | F: +7 R: +7, W: +7 | Perc +1 | Init +9

Claudia seems very tired after such a strange experience. She is glad to go home, her bright green froggy color looking a little grey.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)7 HP 67 AC 27, T 19; FF 18, F +7, R +13, W +9, Init +7(+9), Perc +11

Well...at least we didn't get on the wrong side of Dakar...i don't think he's the type to hold a grudge very long... Patros says as they head out.

I think a drink or three is in order...I know just the place too...

The Exchange

NN female Aasimar Theologian 7
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 10, FF 20|HP: 35/35|F +4, R +2, W +9|Init 0, Perc +4|CMB +5 CMD 15|Radiance 2/2, Sulunai 1/1, Channel 7/7, Fire Bolt 7/7

It occurs to Nemesis that a lass could get a lot done in a place like Kaer Maga, and she doubts she's been here for the last time. Like a stray ember bouncing about the bottom of an iron cauldron, she pokes around for opportunities...

Season 6 Exchange Objectives wrote:

Acquire a merchant’s license in a city other than Absalom with a population of 5,000 or more. Doing so requires spending

25 gp per character level and succeeding on an Appraise or Profession (merchant) check with a DC equal to 15 plus your
character level. If you exceed the DC of the check by 10 or more, you instead receive the license for free. Whenever you
are in that city, you may purchase all mundane items at a 10% discount.

Diplomacy, DC 22: 1d20 + 8 + 1d4 ⇒ (7) + 8 + (2) = 17

DM Star reroll, Student of Sulunai, Faction Pin: 1d20 + 11 + 1d4 ⇒ (20) + 11 + (4) = 35

...next thing anyone knows, rumors are spreading like wildfire of plans for Kaer Maga's (or perhaps the world's) first Ymerite hospital!

The Exchange

Male NG Dwarf from Qadira | Cleric of Erastil (formerly Shelyn) 7 | DR5/bludgeoning 35/35 | HP 63/71 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +3, CMD 18 | F: +14, R: +9, W: +17 | Init: +2 | Perc: +19 | SM: +13 | Dipl.: +21 | Rooted Vitality 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: resist electricity 20, defending bone.

Jang is clearly very not depressed that Nemesis and he can report back that they negotiated such a good deal for the exchange!!

”What a mission! It was really not sad at all to work with you. Very surprising! And I’ll take you up on that drink Patros!“

He will warn his contacts about the potential attacks.

Thanks for everything guys!!

Dark Archive

active effects:
Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 6| AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | HP 50/54 | F +9 R +7 W +9 | CMD 21 (22 v disarm)| Init +5 | Perc +11 (+13) | Spells (-,3/5, 3/4) | Bane (6/6)

Business concluded, Janus gathers up their unconscious counterpart almost like it were luggage, held under their arm.

"We may stay awhile in Kaer Maga. The city is fascinating, although uncomfortably divorced from the Green."

They take their leave, disappearing into the City of Strangers.

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 7 | hp 54/65 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 24 (26 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +6 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 | haste

Abaal nods his work complete. With a nod the Daring Swordsman of Katapesh™ walks off into the Varisian sunset in search of further adventure.

301 to 336 of 336 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Erich's 5-18 The Stranger Within (Tier 5-9) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.