Kintargo's Ravens; a Hells Rebels Game.

Game Master Tark the Ork


1,701 to 1,743 of 1,743 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 2; HP 17/17, AC 16/12/14; saves 4/2/3; CMB: +4, CMD 16 loot list

Variel gives the dog another swift slap with the sap to keep it at bay before backing off with the others now that Litsy and Merelda have gotten to the Sister. After all this needed to be a quick in and out before the guards recovered from the spells placed on them.

Power attack sap subdual 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human? Witch 2
status:
HP 14/7. Perception +5. AC/Touch11* CMD11* saves f3 r1* w5

Seeing that most things are under control Pollux removes some chalk from the unspecified recesses of the yellow coat and begins drawing disturbing symbols on the pathway.

{I.e. You all appear to have things handled. All we need to do now is vanish.}


1/2O Bard2HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

Let us abscond with our feathered friend post haste!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Without hesistation the tengu springs away catching themselves on some nails but the adrenaline and fear numbs the painful injury.

Seeing the blur of movement and smelling the fear the dog before merelda and litsy is triggered from caution into instinct breaking into a furious attack on the closest target, that being Litsy.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

With a savage blow to the dog Variel knocks the wind out of it before making his way away from it.

Whistles heard in the distance marks an escalation of danger and quickly slipping grasp of remaining time.


Female Human CN Unchained Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2/ HP 18/18/ AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12 Saves: Fort +2/ Ref +6/ Will +1/ Perception +6/ Ini +3 (/4 if acting in a surprise round)

Litsy easily dodges the clumsy attack of a starving dog, and legs it before more sentinels can arrive. "TIME'S UP!" Action: Withdraw

She unclasps her cloak, and throws it on the Sister's back just as she catches up with the tengu. "Put that on, throw the hood over your face! It will hide you! Quick!"


Female Elf Inquisitor (Preacher) 2 | HP 10/18 (Fast Healing 1) | Speed 30ft | AC 17, touch 13, FF 14, CMD 15 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +5 | Judg. 1/Day | Sud. Shift 5/day; Determ. 0/day | Init +7, Per +6, Sense Mot. +7 | Note:

Without hesitation, Merelda gives the attacking dog a death glare and moves to follow Litsy and the rescued Tengu. She points and speaks...

"Head that way! I have a hired carriage hidden in an alley a couple of blocks over. He will get the Sister to safety."


1/2O Bard2HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

Beorn runs over to join Litsy as they abscond to the carriage.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 2; HP 17/17, AC 16/12/14; saves 4/2/3; CMB: +4, CMD 16 loot list

Variel hurries his way away from the area but as soon as he rounds the corner out of sight he casts prestidigitation on himself to clean his cloak and equipment before nonchalantly walking the rest of the way. He will even pause to buy some food from a local merchant and eat that as he moves on trying to give an air of nothing is amiss.


is everyone going for the carriage or are some of us trying to blend back into city life?


1/2O Bard2HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

Beorn goes for the carriage. He lost his cloak and is very noticeable.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Preacher) 2 | HP 10/18 (Fast Healing 1) | Speed 30ft | AC 17, touch 13, FF 14, CMD 15 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +5 | Judg. 1/Day | Sud. Shift 5/day; Determ. 0/day | Init +7, Per +6, Sense Mot. +7 | Note:

I intended the carriage mainly for the escaped prisoner. I will join if no one else hops on. Best not to leave her alone yet. She might know/trust one of you a bit better however.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 2; HP 17/17, AC 16/12/14; saves 4/2/3; CMB: +4, CMD 16 loot list

City life


Female Human CN Unchained Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2/ HP 18/18/ AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12 Saves: Fort +2/ Ref +6/ Will +1/ Perception +6/ Ini +3 (/4 if acting in a surprise round)

Litsy jumps on the carriage along with the Sister - there's no point for her in pretending to be an ordinary citizen now.


As dusk arrives and the sky goes from it's unreasonably cheery blue to an eerie blood red the large hairy coachman wearing a domino mask seemingly more for theatrics than disguise doesn't seem to notice the blood or the injuries and laughs as everyone piles into the soft coach and slams the door.

"Quite a crowd tonight. Please keep your rambunctiousness to a minimum until we stop. It becomes much more difficult to drive with the coach rocking back and forth!"

Starting to hum a jolly tune deep with the overtones of nostalgic romance. The soft interior of the coach has been enhanced by a large pile of various soft to somewhat stiff pillows in various shapes and sizes and a thick aroma of lavender and good wine. A strange juxtaposition between what you were just doing. The tengu sister settles into the pillows before looking around and processing the interior.

"Am I being rescued or wooed?"

Variel:
Controlling your heartbeat and steadying your breathing you move through the streets with the ease of someone minding their own business at the end of the day. Unsure as to the fate of the rest you make your way to a nearby pie vendor feeling the call of mutton and lentils.

As you round the corner however a trio of tieflings in red cloaks have the vendor on the ground working him over with their boots as the third rifles through his stall grabbing anything that might be of value.


Human? Witch 2
status:
HP 14/7. Perception +5. AC/Touch11* CMD11* saves f3 r1* w5

{Sorry for the radio silence. Castor had a vet appointment and it devolved into a hostage situation, as usual.

Pollux seeing the rest of the Ravens take to their heels skips after them gently humming every other note of a well known children's song.

{Can't decide which group to bless with our presence, especially as I know the results of the choice. So either drop me in whee you like Tark, or Odd is pie: 1d22 ⇒ 19


1/2O Bard2HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

Why rescued of course! We cannot allow an ally to be assaulted by the lapdogs of Thrune. Two and four-legged kinds.


Female Human CN Unchained Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2/ HP 18/18/ AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12 Saves: Fort +2/ Ref +6/ Will +1/ Perception +6/ Ini +3 (/4 if acting in a surprise round)

"Don't be daft," Litsy kicks off a heart-shaped, fluffy cushion off her legs with a disgusted grimace. "'Course we're here to rescue you."

"That the only cover you found?" she asks Merelda, exasperation clear in her voice.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 2; HP 17/17, AC 16/12/14; saves 4/2/3; CMB: +4, CMD 16 loot list

Variel was about to congratulate himself on moving away from the fight and blending into the hustle and bustle of city life. He even was about to start whistling until he saw Devorik the meat pie vendor being ruffed up by some tieflings. Cursing his luck that he was alone with just his sap Variel still felt compelled to help Devorik out.

Cast shield as he draws his sap and imbues it.

Hey! Get away from him you hooligans.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Preacher) 2 | HP 10/18 (Fast Healing 1) | Speed 30ft | AC 17, touch 13, FF 14, CMD 15 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +5 | Judg. 1/Day | Sud. Shift 5/day; Determ. 0/day | Init +7, Per +6, Sense Mot. +7 | Note:

Merelda is already enjoying the pillow-y comfort of the carriage, lounging comfortably as she slowly blinks at Litsy in a cat-like manner.

"The Driver is used to a late-night rendezvous, and is notably discreet if paid well. Does it matter that he doesn't realize he's helping our little rebellion? The carriage gives us speed and cover as we retreat with our friend, does it not? So what exactly are you complaining about then? The escape is too comfortable?"

Merelda makes a rude noise with a bodily function and laughs at Litsy's face.

"Is that better? Now...where did Variel run off to? I hope he's not getting into more shenanigans without us."


Female Human CN Unchained Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2/ HP 18/18/ AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12 Saves: Fort +2/ Ref +6/ Will +1/ Perception +6/ Ini +3 (/4 if acting in a surprise round)

"Comfortable as a f@@+ing coffin," Litsy retorts, kicking one cushion into Merelda's face in response. "'Cept it's one I have to share with huge farts. You worship Calistria with that b@*+%*~!? Urgh," She covers the lower half of her face as best as she can. "You rotting inside, or something? Pwah!"

"Knowing Variel, he's probably off to save some kittens. Or possibly puppies," the rogue rummages through the kitsch decoration tastelessly scattered in the benches. "Is there a wine bottle somewhere?"

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.
1/2O Bard2HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

Beorn coughs lightly. Well let us not squabble, we have all escaped with only some bumps and bruises. Beorn also looks for any thing to sip since all that singing has made him thirsty.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Preacher) 2 | HP 10/18 (Fast Healing 1) | Speed 30ft | AC 17, touch 13, FF 14, CMD 15 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +5 | Judg. 1/Day | Sud. Shift 5/day; Determ. 0/day | Init +7, Per +6, Sense Mot. +7 | Note:

Merelda frowns.

"Speak for yourself Beard-Boy. I was almost gutted by that stupid guard! Only my goddesses' gifts help me to repair some of the damage. At least I'm not bleeding to death now."

Realizing the bird-woman was probably at less than good health, Merelda offers her a healing hand...

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


1/2O Bard2HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

Will we be lying low after this escapade or trying for another stunning strike? We should review what we can do.


Female Human CN Unchained Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2/ HP 18/18/ AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12 Saves: Fort +2/ Ref +6/ Will +1/ Perception +6/ Ini +3 (/4 if acting in a surprise round)

"Goddess's gifts?" Litsy scoffs indignantly. "More like 'took my rapier between the ribs'! Variel isn't here, I can say it."

She crosses her arms on her chest. "It'd be a miracle if we don't appear on every 'WANTED' poster in Kintargo after that stunt. I'd suggest we create a diversion, cover our tracks. Maybe use the dragon for that. Get the Hellknights running in all the wrong parts of town so they don't come for us."


Female Elf Inquisitor (Preacher) 2 | HP 10/18 (Fast Healing 1) | Speed 30ft | AC 17, touch 13, FF 14, CMD 15 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +5 | Judg. 1/Day | Sud. Shift 5/day; Determ. 0/day | Init +7, Per +6, Sense Mot. +7 | Note:

Looking tired finally, Merelda stretches and winces at the wound that didn’t fully heal yet, and waves a bit with a hand in Litsy’s direction.

”Misdirection and obfuscation cannot hurt us here. So I am not against such. However, I did wear a mask and a magical disguise. You cannot blame me if any of us were identifiable in that…rukus.”


1/2O Bard2HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

We could find our where the dogs they use for doghousing are kept and turn them loose. The will be so busy trying to recapture the dogs attention will be drawn elsewhere. Perhaps our dragon friend can help with that.


Female Human CN Unchained Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2/ HP 18/18/ AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12 Saves: Fort +2/ Ref +6/ Will +1/ Perception +6/ Ini +3 (/4 if acting in a surprise round)

"Not a bad idea," Litsy nods along. She shoots Beorn a half-proud, half-impressed look.


Seeing the half elf yelling and approaching them armed the tieflings take one look before grabbing what they can giving the stall owner another swift kick to the groin before legging it at speed away from the scene.

The rest of the group keep quiet as they hear the constant background din of the life of the city start to fade and then completely disappear and with it the tension goes away as new anxieties start to form. For those whose entire life has been spent with that background noise as the theme of their lives the feeling is unsettling. A feeling made worse when a quick peek outside shows not the dimly lit streets but a pitch black countryside with tiny pinpoints of light in the distance indicating farmsteads and villas on the outskirts of town. The coachman's singing, as soporific as it is seems an eerie contrast to the alien sounds of the hills beyond.

After about 45 minutes the coach pulls off to the side of the road and the silent revelry and not so silent verbal jabs are interrupted by a sharp knocking on the side of the coach door.

I dunno where would be most inconvenient for pollux to be? Let's just say the coach's pillows have consumed you and you havent had a reason to fight against this comfy fate until now.


1/2O Bard2HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

Beorn grips his sword as he hears the knock. [smallerAre we supposed to be this far out of town? Beorn has his armor on now, having slipped it on during the long ride.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Preacher) 2 | HP 10/18 (Fast Healing 1) | Speed 30ft | AC 17, touch 13, FF 14, CMD 15 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +5 | Judg. 1/Day | Sud. Shift 5/day; Determ. 0/day | Init +7, Per +6, Sense Mot. +7 | Note:

Merelda stretches and nods.

"Yes. This is what he does. In a few hours, once things have cooled down, he will take us back into the city."

She then exits the carriage to speak to the driver.

"You are amazing Sir! Never-ever, have I had such a a peaceful ride. You must be commended!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human CN Unchained Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2/ HP 18/18/ AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12 Saves: Fort +2/ Ref +6/ Will +1/ Perception +6/ Ini +3 (/4 if acting in a surprise round)
The Abyss Staring Back wrote:
Seeing the half elf yelling and approaching them armed the tieflings take one look before grabbing what they can giving the stall owner another swift kick to the groin before legging it at speed away from the scene.

With a name like Variel, no wonder he gets mistaken for a half-elf! Should have named him Bob

"Great. Just great," Litsy looks nervously through the windows to see who's knocking on the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"The f&+# are we going to do for hours in the middle of nowhere? Don't answer that," she glares at Merelda before a sexual joke can come out of the elf's mouth.

Merelda's explanations do nothing to calm Litsy down. Then again, this is probably the first time she's even out of Kintargo at all.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Magus 2; HP 17/17, AC 16/12/14; saves 4/2/3; CMB: +4, CMD 16 loot list

Not wanting to risk being drawn into an ambush Variel stops at Devorik and lets the thugs flee. Offering a hand to the injured man Variel gives him time and space if he needs it before getting to his feet. I am sorry for not being here sooner. Too many thugs in this town are acting too freely without anyone trying to rein them in. Variel stares down the street the way the thugs fled for a few seconds before coming back to the present. What can I do for you? How much did those thugs get away with?

Yes this incarnation of Variel is a human but the first character ever created with this alias was an elf.


1/2O Bard2HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

I guess that this means camping? Here I am without my bedroll.


Human? Witch 2
status:
HP 14/7. Perception +5. AC/Touch11* CMD11* saves f3 r1* w5

A voice emerges with some difficulty from a heap of billows and traveling blankets.
"..not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!"
"..."
"No I don't know quite what it means either. You should ask Opera."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
1/2O Bard2HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

Well I guess it has something to do with shaving? Beorn looks at the mound of pillows with trepidation.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Preacher) 2 | HP 10/18 (Fast Healing 1) | Speed 30ft | AC 17, touch 13, FF 14, CMD 15 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +5 | Judg. 1/Day | Sud. Shift 5/day; Determ. 0/day | Init +7, Per +6, Sense Mot. +7 | Note:

Merelda sticks her head back in after a minute talking to the owner of the carriage.

"Relax and doze on all the pillows! The driver will take us back into the city just after sunrise."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

The doors to the stage coach swinging open, you see a humble campsite a few yards off he roadway. Looking back to the Northwest, in the distance, you can just make out what you would assume to be the city of Kintargo.

To the West, a spire seems to jut out of the landscape...rolling green hills continue eastward and someone off to the north, one assumes the mountains remain.

Though dim, you can make out a few bedrolls and what appears to be an unmade tent piled up near a fire pit.

"Sorry, didn't get yer site setup completely...normally have a bit more time to setup these things. Hope you enjoyed the trip." offers the driver with a toothy grin. "Iffen ya don't mind departen, I's gots ter get back before I'm missed. Promise ya, I'll be back bright and early. You should be safe here for the night."


Female Human CN Unchained Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2/ HP 18/18/ AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12 Saves: Fort +2/ Ref +6/ Will +1/ Perception +6/ Ini +3 (/4 if acting in a surprise round)

Thank you, GM, for picking up this game!

"We're going to sleep in the dirt?" Litsy scrunches her face. Countryside dirt is apparently worse than city dirt. "What are we even going to eat? And what's that?" she points at the spire in the distance.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Preacher) 2 | HP 10/18 (Fast Healing 1) | Speed 30ft | AC 17, touch 13, FF 14, CMD 15 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +5 | Judg. 1/Day | Sud. Shift 5/day; Determ. 0/day | Init +7, Per +6, Sense Mot. +7 | Note:

Merelda sighs heavily and rubs her eyes.
The younger races can be so…ugg.

”Why not sleep on the ground? Your ancestors slept on worse as I understand. Try experimenting a little? Its not like this is a planned orgy or something…unless everyone wants to experiment suddenly! Fresh air? Anticipated late brunch in the city? Come on…try focusing on the upside of this: No city watch out here. No traitors to turn you in. Less anxiety! Worry about tomorrow…tomorrow! For now, get some rest and dream of chocolate pastries in the late morning.”

With that, Merelda flops on a pallet near the fire pit and groans as her wounds twitch.

”Beard Boy? Mind starting a fire? There’s a good man…”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
1/2O Bard2HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

Beron stretches after getting out of the carriage. We might want to forgoes a fire since it could draw attention. As for sleeping, we have bedrolls and I have Iron Rations to share. Although it looks like it consists primarily of dried fruit and beef jerky. Beorn gets the bedrolls set out.


Female Human CN Unchained Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2/ HP 18/18/ AC 16/ T 14/ FF 12 Saves: Fort +2/ Ref +6/ Will +1/ Perception +6/ Ini +3 (/4 if acting in a surprise round)

"Why not snuggle with a tree, I heard your ancestors were famous for it," Litsy retorts. "With some luck you'll get a splinter where it can cool your urges."

She shivers in the cold, and clutches her clothes a little tighter for warmth. They're not much better than rags. "Oh, cool. No fire. And cold meat? F$&@ing dreamy!"


|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

Outside of the City

Staring at Tiny for a moment, the man opens his mouth to speak before closing it and shaking his head.

Turning to Merelda, he shrugs. "You could also setup that tent, though it may be difficult in the dark."

There's a large tent that fits 4 creatures. takes 45 min to setup

Turning back to Tiny, he frowns. "Well, I'm sorry you're not prepared...but I did what I promised. I'll be back ta getcha in the morning. If you want a fire, I've got some wood to leave with you."

Pulling a bundle of wood from the back of the cart, he tosses it towards the fire pit. Ensuring all have disembarked, he climbs back into the drivers seat and heads back towards Kintargo.

Variel:

Groaning as he clutches his jewels, the man looks up to Variel. "Ugh...got a weeks worth I'd say...maybe more. Try to keep my coffers a bit lower these days due to issues...but gotta keep some fer the donations required to stay safe."

Growing, he climbs to his feet and begins to pickup the mess. "If it's not the dottari or the chelish citizen's...then it's the blasted ones in the red cloaks."

Shaking his head, he frowns. "Appreciate you stoppin, but there be nothin you can do for me here."


1/2O Bard2HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

Thank you my good fellow. You have helped us greatly. Beorn starts setting up the tent. At least we can get out of the elements.

1,701 to 1,743 of 1,743 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kintargo's Ravens: A Hell's Rebels Game. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.