GM Bret's Core Faithless & Forgotten (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Core run of the Faithless & Forgotten series: #7-14, 7-16, 7-18.
Maps and handouts


1 to 50 of 1,495 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The Festering Blot | Tarnbreaker’s Trail

Once you have been accepted, please dot & delete

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Ranger 3 | hp 28 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +3 (+5 urban) | KnGeo +6, KnNat +6, Perc +6, SensM +0, Surv +5| Favored Enemy (humans) +2, favored terrain (urban +2) |

"Looks like I got here first. Wherever 'here' is." says the woman in studded leather seafarer's garb looking around.


The Festering Blot | Tarnbreaker’s Trail

A runner comes up and posts a notice on the board of the Grand Lodge.

Quote:

Attention Pathfinders!

Please gather in Auditorium 2 an hour after mid-day this Fireday for an announcement by Ianareth Alazario, Cheliax's appointed liaison to the Pathfinder Society.

-Marcus Farabellus

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

Theron pulls away from his mug of ake after the runner posts the message. He reads it and nods.

About time...he says with a grunt as he collects his gear from a pile in the corner and heads to the meeting room. He notices the woman and nods his head in acknowledgement.

I reckon you're here for Alazario's briefing? I'm Theron...he says as he dumps his pack on the floor and holds out a meaty hand criss crossed with scars to her.

The Exchange

NG Female Half-Elf Ranger 4 | Mods: None | HP 41 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 20 | F/R/W +7/+7/+4 (Immune Sleep, +2 vs. Enchantments, Trait & Endurance, boon vs. undead) | Speed 30ft | Fav Enemy: Aquatic Humanoids; Fav Terrain: Water | 2 Star Reroll 1/1 | Perc: +11 (LL, +2 FE), SM: +2 (+2 FE) | Init: +2 (+2 FT)

Nala finishes her breakfast and then checks out the posted missive. To no one in particular she mentions, "Well, that changes my plans today."

But until then, combat training and study for her Geography course takes up the remainder of the morning. Near noon she bathes, dresses in full gear in case the announcement means immediate travel and heads off to snarf a sandwich before heading to Auditorium Two a half hour early.

Noticing two humans already there she introduces herself, "Nala Smith at your service. If this turns into a mission, I look forward to working with you both."

Nala is not exactly the picture of beauty. Instead, she appears to be ready for a scrap most of the time. Pretty much resting ‘get to the point I don’t have all day’ face. She is well geared with a variety of weapons and a very nice shield that appears to have a reinforced edge for bashing. She wears a simple necklace with a silver seagull hanging from it.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Ranger 3 | hp 28 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +3 (+5 urban) | KnGeo +6, KnNat +6, Perc +6, SensM +0, Surv +5| Favored Enemy (humans) +2, favored terrain (urban +2) |

Colleen, early as she was takes a seat with her boots stretched across the back of the seat before her, her head back, with her tricorn hat pulled down over her eyes. Relaxed, she closes her eyes, and waits for the festivities to begin.

Theron Randallas wrote:
I reckon you're here for Alazario's briefing? I'm Theron...he says as he dumps his pack on the floor and holds out a meaty hand criss crossed with scars to her.

She looks up when Theron and Nala arrive.

"Colleen." she says indicating herself, and then returns to her restful pose.


The Festering Blot | Tarnbreaker’s Trail

As the time approaches, more and more Pathfinder agents enter the auditorium. Soon there are several hundred agents gathered.

In the front row is Zarta Dralneen, head of the Dark Archive faction and former Cherish liaison.

On stage is Marcus Falabellas along with a tall, heavy-set woman wearing a black-lacquered breastplate and a sweeping ruby cloak. She rests a hand on the gold pommel of the longsword at her hip and waits for the crowd to settle.

Pictures on slide 3.

I will give the other players a chance to introduce themselves and then we can begin.

Grand Lodge

active effects:
physical enhancement CON
[CORE] Dwarf Barbarian 1 Wizard 1| hp 23/23 [27/27] | AC 20 [18] T 12 FF 18 | F:+6 (8) R:+3 W:+3 (5); hardy | CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +3, darkvision | Rage 7/12 | tk fists 4/5

A heavily-armed dwarf with unkempt hair, yet meticulously groomed beard and moustache, stomps in to the auditorium, a scowl on his face.

Seeing the place almost full, with senior Society representatives on the stage, the dwarf blushes furiously. He stomps into the seating, but his efforts to get there quickly result in more noise and more attention on him.

"Am I late? No, of course not. A wizard is never late!" He sits. Turning to the agent seated next to him he adds quietly "Korgaar" and nods in greeting.

Korgaar certainly doesn't look like a wizard. He's clad in scale mail and carrying a waraxe, pick and a couple of hammers.


The Festering Blot | Tarnbreaker’s Trail

A few of the Pathfinders agents mumble “What? Is it possible he has never met Kreighton Shaine?

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

Theron raises an eyebrow as the wizard makes his entrance. He watches him for a moment. He looks at the others and shrugs.

I've seen weirder things...

Scarab Sages

N Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 | HP: 43/43 | AC 18 Touch 11 FF 17 | CMD: 17 | Saves F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +2; Motive +6 | Spells: 1st - 6/6, 2nd - 5/5, 3rd - 3/3 | Channel 5/5 | Battle Rage 5/5, Bleeding Touch 5/5 | Active Conditions: Enlarge Person 5 minutes

An imposing human, clad head to toe in red and leaning against a wicked-looking scythe, enters the room just moments before requested by Farabellos. He takes a seat and says gruffly to those near him, "They call me the Red Reverend," before turning to face the stage.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Ranger 3 | hp 28 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +3 (+5 urban) | KnGeo +6, KnNat +6, Perc +6, SensM +0, Surv +5| Favored Enemy (humans) +2, favored terrain (urban +2) |

"'They' who?" asks the black haired woman from beneath her hat.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 5 Init+2 HP 27/27 AC 12 (16 MA)/T12 (16 MA)/FF10 (14 MA) F+3 R+4 W+4 Perc+0 Spd30 HeavFire 7/7
Spells Used:
L1:3/7 L2 0/4
CLW Wand 48

A white.. no, light blue.. no, pink.. no, white again haired young woman enters the room.

She wears no armor, only casual clothes, and her wayfinder on her hip.

Spotting Nala, she beams a smile, and rushes to the ranger, hugging her.

Nala! I'm happy to see you! So you are in this mission too?

Then she sees Theron, and hugs him all the same

Theron! Long time no see! A pleasure to meet you again!

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

Theron cracks a smile as he sees Desynthia and hugs her back, almost swallowing her in his arms.

Nice to see a familiar face. You've worked with Nala before? That's all I need to know. he says with a nod to the ranger.


The Festering Blot | Tarnbreaker’s Trail

The woman moves up to the podium and waits a few moments for people to quite down.

She nods once to Marcos Farabellus before beginning. “I am Ianareth Alazario, and I come to you with words spoken by Her Infernal Majestrix, Queen Abrogail II of the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune. Pathfinders, your exile is at an end. Cheliax welcomes you once again.

Master of Swords Marcos Farabellus vigorously leads a round of applause that grows until it echoes off the sturdy walls following the new declaration. Ianareth's smile is as wide as her host's, though it falters slightly when her gaze falls on her disgraced predecessor Zarta Dralneen.

Ianareth continues, “With your help, I would mend the rifts between us and forge an enduring friendship. I have entrusted your Master of Swords with several promising leads found within our borders. To that I add only this: Pathfinders, the glory of Cheliax is placed in your care.

Ianareth bows deeply to Marcos and then to the crowd before taking her leave.

Marcos Farabellus steps behind the lectern and announces, “I've gathered a handful of teams to lead these initial expeditions, and I've posted those outside with times to meet me in my office for more details. There's rewarding work ahead, so don't be late!

With that, the auditorium begins to empty. Walking briskly with infinite poise and a clenched jaw, Zarta Dralneen is the first to disappear through the doors.


The Festering Blot | Tarnbreaker’s Trail

The presentation ended, there is the usual press of people trying to leave the crowded auditorium. When you finally make your way out, you notice Pathfinders jostling each other, trying to read names from a half-dozen lists.

Once you make your way up there, you find one of the teams has your names on it.

Quote:

Emberhold

Will the following team please report to me within one candlemark of the announcement adjourning.

Collleen Ravenhair . Korgaar
Desynthia Medzen . The Red Reverend
Keynala Smith . Theron Randallas

Thank you,
Marcos Farabellus

Grand Lodge

active effects:
physical enhancement CON
[CORE] Dwarf Barbarian 1 Wizard 1| hp 23/23 [27/27] | AC 20 [18] T 12 FF 18 | F:+6 (8) R:+3 W:+3 (5); hardy | CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +3, darkvision | Rage 7/12 | tk fists 4/5

Korgaar cranes his neck and looks up at the notice. Emberhold? Never heard of it.

He takes in the other pathfinders around him. I think I can guess who 'Ravenhair' and 'Red' are.

"Right. Off to Emberhold then."

"Erm..."

"Anyone know where Farabellus' office is?"

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

That way...I think... Theron says as he grabs his kit and heads to the office.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Ranger 3 | hp 28 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +3 (+5 urban) | KnGeo +6, KnNat +6, Perc +6, SensM +0, Surv +5| Favored Enemy (humans) +2, favored terrain (urban +2) |

Stretches and rises after most of the crowd has left the auditorium.

Quote:

Emberhold

Will the following team please report to me within one candlemark of the announcement adjourning.

Collleen Ravenhair . Korgaar
Desynthia Medzen . The Red Reverend
Keynala Smith . Theron Randallas

Thank you,
Marcos Farabellus

[/ooc]Is there a Knowledge check needed to know what an 'Emberhold' might be?[/ooc]

"I guess 'they' are calling."

Colleen initiates a chase to the office to see who gets there first. By saying "Last one to Farabellus's office has to intern for Aram Zey!"

Scarab Sages

N Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 | HP: 43/43 | AC 18 Touch 11 FF 17 | CMD: 17 | Saves F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +2; Motive +6 | Spells: 1st - 6/6, 2nd - 5/5, 3rd - 3/3 | Channel 5/5 | Battle Rage 5/5, Bleeding Touch 5/5 | Active Conditions: Enlarge Person 5 minutes

Looks like this will be another babysitting mission, the Reverend thinks as he makes his way to the office.


The Festering Blot | Tarnbreaker’s Trail

Given the context, you would guess Emberhold must be somewhere in Chelliax.

You make your way to Marcus Farabellus’s office.

As you enter, Zarta Dralneen stands across the Master of Swords' desk, her back turned to you. She momentarily acknowledges your group before continuing to lecture Farabellus.

Beware the good intentions of a Chelish diplomat. Who controls whom behind closed doors in Cheliax, and who are we serving by heeding the call of Abrogail's infernal masters?

Marcos strokes his beard for a moment, buying time to phrase his reply. “Caution is warranted, but you shouldn't let past follies color your opinion of this opportunity, Zarta. This is our chance to freely operate within Cheliax again. The doors of Delvehaven may still be closed, but we can start to mend soured relations.

Marcos turns to the recently arrived agents. “I expect everyone who takes an assignment to conduct themselves as diplomats as well as explorers. We don't need a public debacle to ruin our welcome, again.

Zarta straightens her back and glares imperiously down at her counterpart. “Folly? One day you will look between the sheets and see you've climbed into bed with a snake, Marcos. I sincerely hope none of your agents find themselves in desperate need of a retrieval team; I remind you that devils work quickly to strip hope from one's senses.” She turns and strides out of the  room.

The Master of Swords massages his forehead with one hand and motions to chairs with the other. “Lady Dralneen assumes that we take Cheliax entirely at its word.

Ianareth Alazario provided me an incomplete history of a small keep in the Eismonts called Emberhold, once property of House Davian. The reason we don't hear much of the Davians anymore is that they led the resistance against House Thrune during the Chelish civil war, and her infernal majestrix is not known for showing mercy.

I'm sending you to explore the site, learn what you can about what happened there, and bring back any information about the Davians.

He leans forward and lowers his voice before adding, “You'll be traveling through Corentyn, and I'd like you to pay a visit to the Museum of History there first. The curator, Zefiro Balinger, is an acquaintance of the Society and may have details not available in the official records. Get Balinger's help, then visit Emberhold.

Marcos presents a small folded map. “You'll leave Absalom aboard the Sea Sylph in two days—Society's picking up the tab. It's been years since we've had first-hand reports coming out of Cheliax, so be ready for anything.

Now your characters even have a map with it marked. The keep is indicated as being just outside the settlement of Anglemire.

The Exchange

NG Female Half-Elf Ranger 4 | Mods: None | HP 41 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 20 | F/R/W +7/+7/+4 (Immune Sleep, +2 vs. Enchantments, Trait & Endurance, boon vs. undead) | Speed 30ft | Fav Enemy: Aquatic Humanoids; Fav Terrain: Water | 2 Star Reroll 1/1 | Perc: +11 (LL, +2 FE), SM: +2 (+2 FE) | Init: +2 (+2 FT)

Nala spends their next bit catching up with Desynthia, ”I see your hair is still just as independent as ever. How have you been Des?”

Once they get to the briefing she takes a few notes and asks a few questions, ”What sort of official writ or status do we hold if the authorities interfere? And what if we find useful relics or information, will they let us bring them back?”

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

So don't trust anybody...words to live by... the burly warrior says as he follows along with the briefing.

He looks at the map and studies it. Might be a good idea to grab a cold iron weapon...just in case there are any devils or their kin around...

Scarab Sages

N Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 | HP: 43/43 | AC 18 Touch 11 FF 17 | CMD: 17 | Saves F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +2; Motive +6 | Spells: 1st - 6/6, 2nd - 5/5, 3rd - 3/3 | Channel 5/5 | Battle Rage 5/5, Bleeding Touch 5/5 | Active Conditions: Enlarge Person 5 minutes

"I don't suppose we've been given any information about what threats we may find there?"

Grand Lodge

active effects:
physical enhancement CON
[CORE] Dwarf Barbarian 1 Wizard 1| hp 23/23 [27/27] | AC 20 [18] T 12 FF 18 | F:+6 (8) R:+3 W:+3 (5); hardy | CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +3, darkvision | Rage 7/12 | tk fists 4/5

"A sea trip to sunny Cheliax, eh? Visit a museum, talk to an agent, explore a mountain keep. Clear enough. Huh, sounds like a holiday!" Korgaar chuckles as he absent-mindedly strokes his luxuriant facial hair.

Theron wrote:
"Might be a good idea to grab a cold iron weapon"

Korgaar pats a military pick slung at his waist. "A wizard is always prepared" he nods.

"We expecting the keep to be abandoned then, Master Farabellus? Or at least, not held by House Thrune?"


The Festering Blot | Tarnbreaker’s Trail

Marcus frowns at Nala’s question.

I wish there were such a writ. Our position is no where near that good.

Our position has improved from hunt down and prosecute as traitors to allow them to enter provided they do not make trouble. Beyond that, they have given us specific sites they want us to investigate.

Gesturing with his hands, he says “Try to bring any historical artifacts back if you can do so without a fuss. Such things have a tendency to disappear if they do not fit into the current version of history that Chelliax is presenting.

We will be sharing what you find with Ianareth. Make sure you consider that when creating any written official reports about what you find at Emberhold.” He stresses the words written and official as he says them. “She is our liaison and will be making the report to her superiors.

In reply to Theron, Marcus nods his head. “Certainly appropriate if you are concerned about devils. Even a cold iron dagger might do more than a longsword against a weak devil. Might consider some holy water or an oil of align weapon if you can afford it.

When Korgaar pats his pick, Marcus smiles and says “That should do nicely.

Looking to Korgaar, he says “We have no information on that. I am told the site has been abandoned, but that wouldn’t prevent something else from sneaking in and claiming it as a lair.

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

Align weapon? Hmm...new to me...I have an oil to make the weapon magical for a short time...will add it to my shopping list... Theron says with a grin.

ok..adding align weapon oil to the list...as well as 5 paper, an ink pen and ink...might need to write stuff down...and a mapcase


The Festering Blot | Tarnbreaker’s Trail

With a shrug, Marcus says "Sometimes you need a weapon blessed with the powers of good to hurt an outsider. You would need to talk to a priest for all the details and why. What I know is that having an Oil of Align Weapon can help against some creatures."

"The oil you have is good too, there are a lot of creatures that require an enchanted weapon in order to hurt them."

Just so you know, this is the GM answering as Marcus. The part about how to hurt a devil isn't scripted in the scenario.

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

yeah...figured that...

Well, you can never have too many weapons in one's arsenal...unless you can't carry them all. Heed Marcus' words, fellows...

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Ranger 3 | hp 28 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +3 (+5 urban) | KnGeo +6, KnNat +6, Perc +6, SensM +0, Surv +5| Favored Enemy (humans) +2, favored terrain (urban +2) |
GM Bret wrote:
Marcos turns to the recently arrived agents. “I expect everyone who takes an assignment to conduct themselves as diplomats as well as explorers. We don't need a public debacle to ruin our welcome, again.

{Colleen looks at few of the other PCs. You know who you are.}

GM Bret wrote:

Ianareth Alazario provided me an incomplete history of a small keep in the Eismonts called Emberhold, once property of House Davian. The reason we don't hear much of the Davians anymore is that they led the resistance against House Thrune during the Chelish civil war, and her infernal majestrix is not known for showing mercy.

He leans forward and lowers his voice before adding, “You'll be traveling through Corentyn, and I'd like you to pay a visit to the Museum of History there first. The curator, Zefiro Balinger, is an acquaintance of the Society and may have details not available in the official records. Get Balinger's help, then visit Emberhold.”

Colleen leans in and innocently asks "Why are we whispering? This is your office right, Master of Swords?" Then she draws back, and smiles. Lady Dralneen will have to get up pretty early in the morning if she thinks she can out sass me, and I know she's a night owl.

GM Bret wrote:
With a shrug, Marcus says "Sometimes you need a weapon blessed with the powers of good to hurt an outsider....”

"I'm 'good' enough, thank you."

GM:
Since we are in town for two days she'll head down to the Wise Quarter and look about for someone knowledgeable about devils (read: has the Knowledge (planes) skill) and hit them up for info assuming that no one in the party is knowledgeable.

diplomacy (gather info, if needed): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d4 ⇒ 3 hours


The Festering Blot | Tarnbreaker’s Trail
Colleen Ravenhair -CORE- wrote:
GM Bret wrote:
He leans forward and lowers his voice before adding, “You'll be traveling through Corentyn, and I'd like you to pay a visit to the Museum of History there first. The curator, Zefiro Balinger, is an acquaintance of the Society and may have details not available in the official records. Get Balinger's help, then visit Emberhold.”
Colleen leans in and innocently asks "Why are we whispering? This is your office right, Master of Swords?"

With a nod, he confirms "This is my office." Then in a strong voice he adds "NOT one of the secure areas that are proof against scrying. I'm not paranoid, but sometimes a little care can be useful."

Colleen wrote:
"I'm 'good' enough, thank you."

"Good to know. I'm sure your party will let you take the lead in fighting any outsiders in that case."


The Festering Blot | Tarnbreaker’s Trail

@Colleen, I will handle the spoiler once you've finished in the office.

The Exchange

NG Female Half-Elf Ranger 4 | Mods: None | HP 41 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 20 | F/R/W +7/+7/+4 (Immune Sleep, +2 vs. Enchantments, Trait & Endurance, boon vs. undead) | Speed 30ft | Fav Enemy: Aquatic Humanoids; Fav Terrain: Water | 2 Star Reroll 1/1 | Perc: +11 (LL, +2 FE), SM: +2 (+2 FE) | Init: +2 (+2 FT)

Nala works through her inventory, mostly mumbling to herself but not being excessively quiet.

"Cold Iron, check. Silver, check. Oils of Magic Weapon and Bless Weapon, check. A way to heal injuries, check. Holy Water, check. Splash weapons, check. Weapons to do different types of damage, check. Should be well suited to handle threats. And when we have to talk our way through things, I'll keep my mouth mostly shut."

She pulls out a wand and thinks for a minute before asking, "Cheliax has temperate weather right so no extreme cold or heat?"

Knowledge: Geography t: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 5 Init+2 HP 27/27 AC 12 (16 MA)/T12 (16 MA)/FF10 (14 MA) F+3 R+4 W+4 Perc+0 Spd30 HeavFire 7/7
Spells Used:
L1:3/7 L2 0/4
CLW Wand 48

Desynthia chitchats with Nala, before getting more serious as they get some information for the mission

I think some holy water might bewelcome... maybe some cold iron bolts for my crossbow too? I'm not that much of a fighter anyway, so no need to spend to much money on this.

I don't know much about history, I'll admit, but I'm always interested in the creature from other planes of existence, and know a few tidbits about diverse religions. Is there any knowledge specialists among us?

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Varisian) Illusionist 4 | hp 30 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnAll (sans Eng, Nob) +9, Perc +0, Scrft +10, SensM +0 | blinding ray 7/7 | arcane bond 1/1 | ♬ Wish list ♬

Meanwhile, somewhere else....

*ACHOO!!*

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Ranger 3 | hp 28 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +3 (+5 urban) | KnGeo +6, KnNat +6, Perc +6, SensM +0, Surv +5| Favored Enemy (humans) +2, favored terrain (urban +2) |

Back in Marcus's office.

"I know how, and where to sail." says Colleen tilting chair back on two legs.

Grand Lodge

active effects:
physical enhancement CON
[CORE] Dwarf Barbarian 1 Wizard 1| hp 23/23 [27/27] | AC 20 [18] T 12 FF 18 | F:+6 (8) R:+3 W:+3 (5); hardy | CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +3, darkvision | Rage 7/12 | tk fists 4/5

"Knowledge specialists?" Korgaar's ears twitch - not that they're visible under his shaggy mane of hair.

"I am a wizard! Schooled in arcane lore, and something of an authority on flora and fauna to boot" he says with obvious pride.

"Erm... perhaps this would be a good time to point out" Korgaar sheepishly looks down at the ground "that this will be my first mission for the Pathfinder Society. And although a wizard is always prepared, I, erm... that is to say that... erm... I am somewhat impoverished at the moment.

In consequence I find myself without certain items that I would otherwise certainly pack. Healing magic. Alchemical grenades.

Spellbook."

The dwarf blushes again under his whiskers and glances up from under his voluminous eyebrows.

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Varisian) Illusionist 4 | hp 30 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnAll (sans Eng, Nob) +9, Perc +0, Scrft +10, SensM +0 | blinding ray 7/7 | arcane bond 1/1 | ♬ Wish list ♬
Korgaar the Keen wrote:
"Knowledge specialists?"

Again, somewhere else....

*WHACHOO!!*

The Exchange

NG Female Half-Elf Ranger 4 | Mods: None | HP 41 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 20 | F/R/W +7/+7/+4 (Immune Sleep, +2 vs. Enchantments, Trait & Endurance, boon vs. undead) | Speed 30ft | Fav Enemy: Aquatic Humanoids; Fav Terrain: Water | 2 Star Reroll 1/1 | Perc: +11 (LL, +2 FE), SM: +2 (+2 FE) | Init: +2 (+2 FT)

Nala glances over the dwarf's expansive collection of weapons and armor, "We'll try to keep that in mind."

Is he delusional about the magic stuff or just very ill prepared to be a wizard? I guess we will find out soon enough though it wouldn't be the first crazy person I've been on a mission with. This society attracts some odd types.

She glances over at the powerfully sneezing Faeria, "oh, you sail too? Excellent." She pulls out a map of sea currents, "So which route would you like to take? I prefer going just a bit out of the way to hit the south-sea current this time of year. It is a bit longer distance, but once you get to it the speed picks up. Of course I really doubt the ship we are berthed on will give us any say.

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

I'm no expert, but I can help with nature...and I know a bit about places...and i can survive in the wild if needed...

survival, local and nature at +7, +4 +4 respectively


The Festering Blot | Tarnbreaker’s Trail

You’ve got your assignment and it seems you’re prepared. If you’ve no more immediate questions, I’ve the next group to brief on their assignment.

Don’t be late for the ship! It leaves in two days.

Also, seems your GM was confused, it is silver weapons you want for devils. I can never keep the outsiders apart.


The Festering Blot | Tarnbreaker’s Trail

You’ve got time before you sail to collect up some current information.

Diplomacy or Knowledge (local) to know more about Zarta Dralneen’s history with Cheliax and about the fall of Delvehaven.

Knowledge (history) or Knowledge (nobility) to know more about House Davian.

Knowledge (geography) or Knowledge (local) to know more about the laws of Cheliax and the people who defy them.

The Exchange

NG Female Half-Elf Ranger 4 | Mods: None | HP 41 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 20 | F/R/W +7/+7/+4 (Immune Sleep, +2 vs. Enchantments, Trait & Endurance, boon vs. undead) | Speed 30ft | Fav Enemy: Aquatic Humanoids; Fav Terrain: Water | 2 Star Reroll 1/1 | Perc: +11 (LL, +2 FE), SM: +2 (+2 FE) | Init: +2 (+2 FT)

Nala heads out to the town to get to know her allies and maybe help them gather any useful information.

Diplomacy Aid Faeria about devils: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11

Diplomacy Aid someone about Zarta: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

Knowledge: Geography about Laws (trained): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Scarab Sages

N Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 | HP: 43/43 | AC 18 Touch 11 FF 17 | CMD: 17 | Saves F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Perception +2; Motive +6 | Spells: 1st - 6/6, 2nd - 5/5, 3rd - 3/3 | Channel 5/5 | Battle Rage 5/5, Bleeding Touch 5/5 | Active Conditions: Enlarge Person 5 minutes

The Red Reverend takes everything else in, then tries to work with the team to find out more.

Diplomacy, Aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

He manages to not offend anyone, but accomplishes little beyond that.

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

well then a silver longsword won't break the bank...might face lycanthropes at some point in the future...

know local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

so the spending list...105 gp for a silver longsword, 50 for the align weapon, 50 for bless weapon, 12 gp, 1 sp for5 paper, ink, pen and vial with mapcase...and 2 PP for a wand of clw...

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Ranger 3 | hp 28 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +3 (+5 urban) | KnGeo +6, KnNat +6, Perc +6, SensM +0, Surv +5| Favored Enemy (humans) +2, favored terrain (urban +2) |
Keynala Smith wrote:
She glances over at the powerfully sneezing Faeria, "oh, you sail too? Excellent."

Faeria, my delusionist is not here for level reasons. But if Nala thinks she sees Faeria that would certainly make the real Faeria (were she here) feel better about herself. Currently she is on another plane enjoying a meal at Applebee's ;)

The Exchange

NG Female Half-Elf Ranger 4 | Mods: None | HP 41 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 20 | F/R/W +7/+7/+4 (Immune Sleep, +2 vs. Enchantments, Trait & Endurance, boon vs. undead) | Speed 30ft | Fav Enemy: Aquatic Humanoids; Fav Terrain: Water | 2 Star Reroll 1/1 | Perc: +11 (LL, +2 FE), SM: +2 (+2 FE) | Init: +2 (+2 FT)

Sorry, you keep posting on her so I got confused. I do like Applebee's though, solid food.


The Festering Blot | Tarnbreaker’s Trail

Colleen:

You find someone at Arcanarium with a reputation for knowing about the various extraplanar creatures. With an offer of an ale and a light meal, you get them talking.

Masters of corruption and despoilers of purity, devils seek to destroy all things good and drag mortal souls back with them to the depths of Hell. Possessed of deadly infernal powers and unified under the banner of Asmodeus, the Prince of Darkness, and his eight archdevil tyrants, the legions of Hell guard and torment the foulest spirits of the multiverse, but ever eye the worlds of the Material Plane in search of new conquests.

All devils are immune to fire and poison. Most resist damage from weapons that are not silver or good aligned, some require that the weapon be both.

There is a hierarchy to the infernal planes.
Least Devils: imps, lemures
Lesser Devils: bearded devils (barbazus), erinyes, barbed devils (hamatulas), bone devils (osyluths)
Greater Devils: horned devils (cornugons), ice devils (gelugons), pit fiends
Lords of Hell: Dukes of Hell, archdevils, Asmodeus

Lemures are the fodder of the infernal realms, evil souls that have all traces of the original personality destroyed. They act more on instinct than intellect.

Imps sometimes become the familiars of foolish spellcasters, offering their services while always trying to tempt them to damn their own souls further. They are tiny flying creatures with a poisonous stinger on the tail.

Bearded devils would be the infantry, wielding vicious glaives and infected beards which makes it difficult for any injuries to heal.

Erinyes are aerial assassins, using a rope or bow.

Barbed devils have quills all over their bodies and inflict fear with their attacks.

Bone devils have a poisonous tail and act as interrogators within the ranks of hell.

There are other more specialized lesser devils, but they are much more rare.

Even the lesser devils are too strong for most mortals to fight.

I will wait for the rest of the group to make their checks. Those of you with the Friend of Janira Gavix boon should remember it could be used here for the knowledge checks.

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

I just realized i can make a roll for the last one...missed that it was local...

know local: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16

Silver Crusade

Female Human Core Sorcerer 5 Init+2 HP 27/27 AC 12 (16 MA)/T12 (16 MA)/FF10 (14 MA) F+3 R+4 W+4 Perc+0 Spd30 HeavFire 7/7
Spells Used:
L1:3/7 L2 0/4
CLW Wand 48

Diplomacy, Cheliax: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Desynthia tries to get as much informations as possible about Cheliax and Delvehaven

1 to 50 of 1,495 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret's Core Faithless & Forgotten All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.