GM Litejedi's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Anniversary Edition

Game Master Litejedi

The Edge of Anarchy!
Starting Day: 4th of Arastus, 4712 AR
Today: 6th of Arastus, 4712 AR

Current Combat Map
CotCT Loot
Map of Korvosa
Important Places, Lodging, and Shopping in Korvosa

See the campaign tab for the current state of Korvosa.


551 to 600 of 832 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

AC 20 (22) FF 19 T 11| HP 17| F +4 To R +1 W +6| Init +2| Percep +5

Sonya:
Krovax nods. "Not personally, but it was his henchmen on his orders. We have in custody one of his flunkies as well, a man named Yargin. Turning him in to you is better than what he deserves. I left him with the guards at the gate."

He steps over and around the table, squatting down beside her chair. "May I see your injuries? Why haven't you healed them?"


Combat Map - Korvosa (Unrest) | Corruption: +6, Crime: +0, Economy: +1 Law: +5, Lore: +3, Society: +0, Danger: +10

Krovax:

She nods regarding Yargin, ”indeed. He will be processed, I’m sure his crimes are in the ledger.”

She touches her leg, ”it’s nothing. I can heal them tomorrow, maybe, if nobody else needs it. Why do you think, Krovax? Other people needed it more. When someone’s on death’s door... Few people in the guard can heal like I can, most of them are constables and the like.” She shakes her head, and flexes her muscles playfully, ”and I am the last line of defense for the citadel should we be attacked. Everyone above me is busy, so I’m here.” She looks at him hesitantly.

”How do you propose to do that, if you don’t mind me asking? She seems a little confused.


AC 20 (22) FF 19 T 11| HP 17| F +4 To R +1 W +6| Init +2| Percep +5

Sonya:
Krovax takes his glove off and looks up to her for permission. He then puts a hand gently on her wounded thigh, and healing energy pulses from his hand into her leg. Unlike usual healing she has experienced, this magic is a bit more painful, and she can literally feel the wound contort and close slightly.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

”I wish I could do more, but if we are heading back out into the streets I may need the magic myself for those I’m with. If I don’t use them, I will seek you out and try and tend to them some more. As you said, you could be the last line of defense, so there is no sense in that line being too weak to stand.”

As he stands and steps to the door, he pauses as his hand rests on the door knob. ”I’m sorry I abandoned you and the others. But after what happened...I had to do right by her...” he says, pausing briefly before adding ”but abandoning you and the others was the last thing I wanted to do. I wouldn’t have done it had I any other choice. Maybe one day, I can rejoin you and the team and make it up to you.”


Combat Map - Korvosa (Unrest) | Corruption: +6, Crime: +0, Economy: +1 Law: +5, Lore: +3, Society: +0, Danger: +10

Krovax:

She winces, ”What kind of...” but then sighs. ”Better, a bit.” She frowns, and shakes her head, ”Kroft was livid when you left - it was all I could do to talk her down, and you’ve met her, you knowshe’s reasonable. You broke her trust and you broke...” her voice falters, and she assumes a serious face ”I will speak to her about this, but I make no promises, Mr. Draverian.” And she adds, ”and thank you for helping me. I hope you found a measure of peace” She smiles, unreadably, and hands him the two writs, ”I will let you know if I find out - where are you staying, now?”
Wherever Krovax mentions, she writes it down and pins it inside of a notebook, then shakes his hand and excuses herself, ”forgive me, but I am very busy. The other guards will see you out, and remember - beauty comes from within.”

The desk guard returns everyone’s things and takes possession of Yargin. When handed the writs, he does a double take, then, grumbling, retrieves from a well-secured back room a small sack containing the full value of your reward, 1378 gp worth of platinum crowns, gold sails, and a significant number of oxidized copper pinches and silver shields. He hands them to Shi, giving the stink eye to the kids, Marcus, and Krovax.

What do you want to do? It’s about 1 pm.


AC 20 (22) FF 19 T 11| HP 17| F +4 To R +1 W +6| Init +2| Percep +5

Sonya:
”Wherever I can find that is warm. I’ll seek you out if I have any magic left at the end of the day and try to tend your injury further. But you should do the same yourself. Like I said, if you fall, that’s one less healer. Can’t help others if you aren’t here. Thanks Sonya, and again...I’m sorry...” he finishes, giving her a small smile before turning and leaving the office.

Krovax heads back to the others, just as he is handing the coin to Shi. He looks to her and says ”Disperse my share to whoever takes care of the orphans,” before somberly walking on, heading for the streets alone.


Female Kitsune | Vigilante (teisatsu)2 | HP 12/15| AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15| CMD 13| Fort +1| Ref +6| Will +3 | Init +9 | Perc +5

Shi grabs a hold of the bag and calls out after Krovax. "Wait! We still need to sort out the loot we found before, sell it or split it and take care of the kids. We could use your help making sure we get them to their parents or the orphanage safely."


AC 20 (22) FF 19 T 11| HP 17| F +4 To R +1 W +6| Init +2| Percep +5

Krovax stops and sighs, turning and looking back up the steps. ”It might be best to do that without my helps. The children are scared of me. And they should be.. I need to go check on something, then I suppose I can meet up with you if you wish. Where would you like to meet?”


Female Kitsune | Vigilante (teisatsu)2 | HP 12/15| AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15| CMD 13| Fort +1| Ref +6| Will +3 | Init +9 | Perc +5

She shrugs "Let's meet back at the house with the kids."


Female Half Orc | Slum Shaman 2 | HP 15/15| AC 12 | T 10 | FF 12| CMD 13| Fort +2| Ref +1 | Will +7 | Init +0 | Perc +11 | harrow points: 1 | Portrait

Magpie is anxious waiting, especially with more money then she ever through possible. In the middle of her forty third pacing, she suddenly stops, sighs, and says to know one "Yes, I know, take the opportunity to sit whenever you can. Never know when the rest of the day will be run run running." so she plops down, and gathers her thoughts. And that is when she remembers something Vera asked about "It isn't that they weren't nice. The orphanages. It was just that Lamm would hurt whoever you were closest too, worse the longer it took you leave."


Female Half Orc | Slum Shaman 2 | HP 15/15| AC 12 | T 10 | FF 12| CMD 13| Fort +2| Ref +1 | Will +7 | Init +0 | Perc +11 | harrow points: 1 | Portrait

Magda catches up to Krovax as he walks away, "Hey!... um... thanks. For all of us. Killing Lamm, freeing the others, would've been a lot harder if it weren't for you and your sister. No matter what else happened, Thanks."


Female Kitsune | Vigilante (teisatsu)2 | HP 12/15| AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15| CMD 13| Fort +1| Ref +6| Will +3 | Init +9 | Perc +5

After Krovax walks off Shi moves over to talk with Magda, Vera and Marcus. "Maybe we should go check out those two orphanages and pick which one we want to take the kids too, I bet they can help get those who still have family back them but keep them safe and fed in the meantime."


AC 20 (22) FF 19 T 11| HP 17| F +4 To R +1 W +6| Init +2| Percep +5

Krovax pauses at Magda’s thanks, turning his eyes to look at her stoically. She can sense something in him is still broken, but avenging his wife did seem to soften the edges a bit. ”I was simply dispensing justice. Real justice. See the kids to safety. See that coin of my cut gets them tended to properly. I’ll meet you back at the witch fortune readers house in a few hours,” he replies before heading off into the city.


Male Human Fighter (Siegebreaker) 2 AC 20, Touch 11, FF 19 | HP 26/26 | F +5, R +2, W +1 | Init +3 | Perc +7

Talk is cheap. Looks like [i]you're the one doing all the barking.[/i] He knows it is pointless to continue. He's said his peace, anything further would either be bickering or would lead to blows. And no matter how right he is, if he gets into a fight with the guards he'll end up on the worse end of things.

Marcus does a quick count of his coins, approximating the value and stowing them. "Quite a haul. At least they're still paying their bounties. Let's get these kids dropped off."


Female Half Orc | Slum Shaman 2 | HP 15/15| AC 12 | T 10 | FF 12| CMD 13| Fort +2| Ref +1 | Will +7 | Init +0 | Perc +11 | harrow points: 1 | Portrait

"The ones that want to do that is. Orphanages I mean." Magpie agrees with Marcus and Shi on that part at least. "Trusting anyone but their own is going to be hard on some of them. But you finding the names of some of the families will help a mess loads." she thanks praises Vera.


Female Human (Varisian) Arcanist (Harrowed Society Student) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+0 (roll twice vs disease), R+2, W+3 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Mage Armor

"I've never seen this much gold in one place!" The amount of coin being counted out by the Guard is startling to Vera.

"I know we need to send the kids somewhere--to the orphanage, to their homes, all that--but before they go, we should have a big party. To celebrate what happened. Like the best birthday party ever! Food! Cake! Gifts for all! It's everyone's birthday because they're starting a new life!"


Female Kitsune | Vigilante (teisatsu)2 | HP 12/15| AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15| CMD 13| Fort +1| Ref +6| Will +3 | Init +9 | Perc +5

Shi gives Vera a questioning look "I don't know that now is the best time for a party... you know with the city in chaos... I mean it's a good idea in theory but maybe for now it would be better if you wanted to do something special, just get them a small gift or something?"


Female Human (Varisian) Arcanist (Harrowed Society Student) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+0 (roll twice vs disease), R+2, W+3 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Mage Armor

After Shi responds skeptically, Vera looks around and senses there's not much enthusiasm for her idea. "Okay fine, you all are so glum. I'm going to go find a tailor to buy some new clothes. The kids ought to enter their new homes with at least one decent outfit. Meet up with you soon!"

Vera drops a gold a piece for each kid (25 gp), which for kids clothes ought to be enough for something solid. She'll probably need to hire a cart or something to carry it back.


Combat Map - Korvosa (Unrest) | Corruption: +6, Crime: +0, Economy: +1 Law: +5, Lore: +3, Society: +0, Danger: +10

The intrepid vigilantes, now missing two of their number, follow Shi’s suggestion and check out both orphanages. The orphanage in High Bridge doesn’t quite have room for everyone, but the one in Pillar Hill does. The matron of the orphanage seems to be a formidable woman as well, and you spot her bust the heads of a few thugs that come sniffing around the entrance, hoping for an easy mark.

On the way, everyone stops at Eodred’s Walk and the Gold Market S13 and S14 respectively. to pick up supplies, including a few things for the orphans.

Gold Market (Midland):

Korvosa’s largest marketplace serves as the main attraction in Midland. All manner of foods and handicraft from Korvosa’s holdings and the rest of Varisia appear in the Gold Market.

Eodred’s Walk (Midland):

Fourteen shops form the semicircular face of Eodred’s Walk, offering a variety of goods and services, including books and maps, harrow readings, tack and barding, jewelry, minor magical trinkets, haberdashery, fishing supplies, bait, haircuts and grooming, knives, smoked foods, clocks and clockwork trinkets, trapping and hunting supplies, and watered-down alcohol.

Recall that Krovax offered to give his share of the reward money, which is either 158 gp if only the bounties, or 229 if it includes the shiver reward, to the orphans.

With new things in hand, you are able to meet up at Vera’s house, and begin collecting the kids. You have a list of names of the ten kids who may still have homes, too. It’s about 4:30 pm when you get back.

In order to track down the families, you can either have the orphanage do it, or go to the records hall at some point and look it up yourselves.

GM:

Something: 1d100 ⇒ 22


Female Human (Varisian) Ranger (Sable company marine, Urban ranger) 2 | HP: 22 | AC: 16: T: 13: FF: 13 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perception: +7

Turned away from the Citadel, Kali decides to track the companions from yesterday. Returning to the warehouse however, she finds it's empty and no one is there. No matter, I'll just track them down. I'm good at finding people!

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Worst ranger ever.

An hour later she's found exactly zero people and is completely frustrated. She knows she's dragging due to her use of the drugs last night, but she does her best to shake it off and focus.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Combat Map - Korvosa (Unrest) | Corruption: +6, Crime: +0, Economy: +1 Law: +5, Lore: +3, Society: +0, Danger: +10

A little after the party shows up at Vera’s house and they begin the process of organizing the kids, they spot Kaliyah coming around the corner from a western street, riding a young hippogriff, and Krovax approaching methodically from the south. It’s about 5:00 pm.


Female Human (Varisian) Ranger (Sable company marine, Urban ranger) 2 | HP: 22 | AC: 16: T: 13: FF: 13 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perception: +7

Kali dismounts from the hippogirff, sliding off his left side. She rubs his mane and instructs him to stay. "I need to talk to these people. I'll be back shortly to check on you."

Heading back inside, she regroups with the party and waves. "How was everyone's day? Did we kill and torture anyone else yet today?" She finds a chair and plops into it, kicking her feet up. "What's the plan?" she asks.


Female Kitsune | Vigilante (teisatsu)2 | HP 12/15| AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15| CMD 13| Fort +1| Ref +6| Will +3 | Init +9 | Perc +5

Shi tosses Kali a bag of coins and notes "You're share minus what you took." She finishes helping one of the younger kids get dressed in their new shoes as she notes "We were just about to take the kids to an orphanage so that they are properly looked after."


Male Human Fighter (Siegebreaker) 2 AC 20, Touch 11, FF 19 | HP 26/26 | F +5, R +2, W +1 | Init +3 | Perc +7

Marcus seems very approving of the matron of Pillar Hill, happy to leave the kids there.

Unfortunately I don't have time to make a big post right now, I'll try to get the time later this evening, but if not as a reminder I will be gone for almost a week. Marcus currently has no vested interest in the city or staying with the group, but can be convinced into it if there's a deal struck where he gets paid and he can get closer to answering questions about his father, which Kaliyah can potentially help with since she's a marine, although he will chew her out and make sure she doesn't do any of those drugs while they're on missions as he sees it as endangering to the group.


Female Human (Varisian) Ranger (Sable company marine, Urban ranger) 2 | HP: 22 | AC: 16: T: 13: FF: 13 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perception: +7

Kali catches the bag, opening it up to look at its contents. After briefly looking through she responds to Shi with "Thanks. More than I expected honestly.", ignoring the comment about taking things. I suppose they noticed then

She risks a brief glance towards Marcus, but doesn't linger there. "Good. I'm glad we're going to take care of the kids. They need a home off the streets. Especially now that Lamm is gone."

You want Kali to convince you to stay! After the previous incident where you nearly broke her wrist?! Pfft. We'll see how she feels after your post. She would rather you stay in the orphanage.


AC 20 (22) FF 19 T 11| HP 17| F +4 To R +1 W +6| Init +2| Percep +5

Krovax pushes in behind Kali, shouldering past her roughly without speaking as he enters. He takes his cut from what was left and pockets it for now.

”The city is still in turmoil, rioters and looters everywhere. If you can find foodstuffs, buy them. Supplies necessary for survival only. And if we can acquire a wand of healing, our chances will improve immensely.”


Female Half Orc | Slum Shaman 2 | HP 15/15| AC 12 | T 10 | FF 12| CMD 13| Fort +2| Ref +1 | Will +7 | Init +0 | Perc +11 | harrow points: 1 | Portrait

Magda seems distracted on and off, listening to nothing, and the occasional talking to herself, but she is very keen on the new clothes for the kids, and bits and bobs to make them all ready. "A roof! Regular meals! And if ANYONE every tries to do anything like Lamm or the bad gnome did to you, memorize these people's faces and find them. They protect you. Monsters are in as all you know, what you do with it makes you a good or bad one." she'll tell each and every one of them, meaning every word, giving the adults a look of you better as well.

She'll greet the two waywards, "I guess we're off to get this lot homes, and then... I don't know. Vera's mom told us to Help People. Does that mean wandering around just helping? And does you two returning mean you are staying to do the helping?"


Female Human (Varisian) Ranger (Sable company marine, Urban ranger) 2 | HP: 22 | AC: 16: T: 13: FF: 13 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perception: +7

Kali stops anyone from leaving again holding a hand out "My first priority is to helping the city. I don't particularly care who the ruler of the city is, but I swore an oath to protect Korvosa that I intend to uphold. I've been given some leniency as to my official status in how I get that done as long as I'm making progress."

"I'll join you under three conditions. One. No one travels alone, it's too dangerous. I nearly was ambushed or assaulted no less than three separate times trying to find this place. We need to stick together from now on. No one separates again, minimal pairings of two."

Holding up two fingers she says "Two. My focus is going to be on protecting the city. Don't ask me to compromise that and we won't have a problem doing whatever needs to be done. Cleaning up these streets and putting down a rebellion that causes panic and problems is fine with me."

Moving up a third finger and she looks to Krovax "Three. You want to kill someone? Fine. They die. But no one needs to experience pain for your own personal benefit before they are killed. No more torture."

Four. No one question my personal decisions. You a~~&@&!s.


Female Kitsune | Vigilante (teisatsu)2 | HP 12/15| AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15| CMD 13| Fort +1| Ref +6| Will +3 | Init +9 | Perc +5

Shi just mumbles under her breath as Kali is citing her demands ”Weren’t you the first one to run off on your own...

After Kali finishes Shi nods ”I think that all makes sense. I have one request, once things calm down, now that Lamm and his goons are dead, we take some time to remember those that we cared for, hurt by that vile man, like a small memorial. No one has to participate if they don’t want, but it may help some of us.”

Looking to Kali she asks ”Do you have any specific objectives in mind, or who should we talk to about the best ways to help?”


Female Half Orc | Slum Shaman 2 | HP 15/15| AC 12 | T 10 | FF 12| CMD 13| Fort +2| Ref +1 | Will +7 | Init +0 | Perc +11 | harrow points: 1 | Portrait

A horrid screeching meow drags Magpie's attention to her cat "No, the bird lady doesn't care if you go off on your own, so there was no reason to say that about her butt."

"One makes no sense, mostly no sense, I'm quiet, He's a cart with a broken wheel full of pots and pans. There will be times 'separates' is just going to happen. And what about going home to sleep? And To Pee!"

"Two!... um... yeah, I don't want to kill anyone else. Didn't want to kill anyone, would've been happy if the earth just opened up and ate those bastards... but Yes for the rest."

three... I mixed them up I think but sure whatever."

The half orc settles, and listens to Shi, her face turning sympathetic "Vera's mom kind of laid out all out pains to the group, but you came later. If you want to talk bout yours, we'll listen."


Female Kitsune | Vigilante (teisatsu)2 | HP 12/15| AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15| CMD 13| Fort +1| Ref +6| Will +3 | Init +9 | Perc +5

Shi looks to Magda and shakes her head "What's done is done, but where I come from we believe the spirits of those who passed still see what we do." She looks to Vera and smiles "I suppose, that belief was more right then I even knew. Anyway, I just thought it might help." she shrugs.


Female Human (Varisian) Ranger (Sable company marine, Urban ranger) 2 | HP: 22 | AC: 16: T: 13: FF: 13 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perception: +7

Kali clarifies "Helping people is good. I don't have specific orders yet, but I will soon. I'll let you know if they conflict with our general principle of helping people, but I don't think they will."

Kali nods to Shi's request "I don't think we need to wait, let's do it right now. I'll start."

Clearing her throat, she tugs at her hood and nervously pulls it tighter. "He took my sister Vanny from me. She was the only one who really looked out for me and now she's gone and I'm an obnoxious s%$! who thinks she needs to be a rebel because.." Lowering her head and voice she shakes her head and tries to focus as she finishes "Sorry. I got sidetracked. I miss Vanny more than anything in the world and there isn't anything I'd do to get her back."


Female Half Orc | Slum Shaman 2 | HP 15/15| AC 12 | T 10 | FF 12| CMD 13| Fort +2| Ref +1 | Will +7 | Init +0 | Perc +11 | harrow points: 1 | Portrait

"Here? I guess so..." shutting it and then listening. As Kali finishes, she wish she had the words to help her, but all that comes to her mind is "That's a pretty name. Vanny."


AC 20 (22) FF 19 T 11| HP 17| F +4 To R +1 W +6| Init +2| Percep +5

"Aurochs s+#@," Krovax says sternly with folded arms. "You are truly dim if you think Vanora is the only one who looked out for you. And as to your demands and claimed rules, just because you have been granted a position does not mean you get to order us about. Who recommended you to that position? Hmmm? Who sent a personal message to their cousin to get you in despite your addiction?"

"An addiction that clearly rules you more than your loyalty to this city. So you can drop the ruse. As well as drop the idea that you can ever give orders to me."

He looks to the others and adds "But she has a good point. Traveling through the city alone right now is too dangerous. So, if at all possible, avoid doing so if you are concerned for your well being. If the mob takes you because you were foolish to run off alone, then you get what you had coming to you."

He leans his left side against a wall and adds "Aside from trying to find someone able to provide us safe supplies, what is the next step? Anyone have a thought on the matter?"


Female Kitsune | Vigilante (teisatsu)2 | HP 12/15| AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15| CMD 13| Fort +1| Ref +6| Will +3 | Init +9 | Perc +5

Shi shows a bit of nervousness when Kali suddenly agrees with her and starts talking about what she lost. She lets out a sigh of relief when Krovax interrupts the whole thing though and quickly jumps on his question "Well! When we were sorting out the loot, I remembered we had found that brooch and you had taken it. Did you want us to sell it with everything else or did it have some sort of sentimental value to you? Didn't you say you thought it belonged to the Queen or something?"


AC 20 (22) FF 19 T 11| HP 17| F +4 To R +1 W +6| Init +2| Percep +5

Krovax nods, producing the brooch. "I have never met the Queen or the late King personally, but I do recognize this from seeing them at a public event. I am considering returning it to her, but also am not so sure..."

He holds it up and looks it over. "How would a scumbag like Gaedren get it? I doubt he had the resources to truly slip into the castle and rob the Queen's personal effects. But what business would he have with someone connected that close to the Queen to manage to acquire this...I think we should ask around to reliable sources as to it's loss or significance before we do anything rash."


Female Kitsune | Vigilante (teisatsu)2 | HP 12/15| AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15| CMD 13| Fort +1| Ref +6| Will +3 | Init +9 | Perc +5

Shi nods "That sounds like as good a plan as any, I mean if we really want to make a difference having the support of the Queen could be helpful and maybe she would be greatful for its return, but you make a good point as to why someone like Lamm would have it. Maybe we should work together in groups of two to try and find out anything we can, like you suggest."


Female Human (Varisian) Ranger (Sable company marine, Urban ranger) 2 | HP: 22 | AC: 16: T: 13: FF: 13 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perception: +7

Kali had already opened up her feelings more than she had intended and she was feeling vulnerable. When Krovax pounces on her, she crumbles. Her shoulders slump as she tries to make herself smaller, taking a step back and pulling her hood over her face tighter. When he insinuates she cares more about drugs than the city, her face reddens and she looks completely away.

"You're such an a+%&@%! now." she mutters, facing the wall. She marches towards the door, opens it and SLAMS it loudly as she walks outside and goes to stand by her hippogriff, seeking comfort and gives him a good petting. "You love me, right? You won't be an a%@*&!~ like everyone else?"


Female Half Orc | Slum Shaman 2 | HP 15/15| AC 12 | T 10 | FF 12| CMD 13| Fort +2| Ref +1 | Will +7 | Init +0 | Perc +11 | harrow points: 1 | Portrait

"If You Could Leave Her Alone For Five Flipping Minutes!" Magda snaps at the big man, and then leaves the 'adults' to talk. Stopping outside "What... what it that? Will it try and eat me?" she asks the bird lady, but not before there is meow "of course it wouldn't eat you, I mean look at you, you look like you rolled over on something dead... twice"


Combat Map - Korvosa (Unrest) | Corruption: +6, Crime: +0, Economy: +1 Law: +5, Lore: +3, Society: +0, Danger: +10

Falcor is an impressive-looking young hippogriff with a tawny and grey feathers and mane. Its keen, intelligent eyes regard Magda cooley as it stands at attention, vigilantly watching the street. It’s wearing leather barding and a military saddle. When Kaliyah approaches, it nuzzles her hand and snaps playfully with its sharp yellow beak. Its wings are folded on the side of its body and appear to be quite powerful.


Female Half Orc | Slum Shaman 2 | HP 15/15| AC 12 | T 10 | FF 12| CMD 13| Fort +2| Ref +1 | Will +7 | Init +0 | Perc +11 | harrow points: 1 | Portrait

"okay it might eat you, you should run" she mumbles to the cat, staying right where she is considering that company of grumpy adults might just be preferable. "Is that why you are called the Bird? Cause you ride a bird horse thing?" she says nervously.


Female Human (Varisian) Ranger (Sable company marine, Urban ranger) 2 | HP: 22 | AC: 16: T: 13: FF: 13 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perception: +7

Kaliyah watches as Magda approaches, gently patting Falcor and syingb”This is Mags, she’s a friend. You can’t eat her or her cat.”

Turning to face Mags, she says ”This is Falcor, he is a hippogriff and he is amazing.”

The she shakes her head no to some imaginary question ”I’ve always had a passion for flying things. As a child, I always imagined I’d grow up and find a way to fly. I would pretend I was a bird and sail through the skies.” She puts her arms out like wings and does a small circle around the Mags. She eventually lets them fall to her side and moves back beside Falcor.

”Growing up, Krovax was always there. He was around ten or so years before he and Vanny finally wed. He was like a big brother to me, protecting me and looking out for me, playing with me. Later when I started doing stupid s*#%, he’s always bailed me out. He wasn’t an a+@&##* then, he had a heart. He was different. He was kind and gentle and sweet. I wanted to be like him when I grew up.”

Shaking her head she clears her mind and says ”This one time, I jumped out of a tree because I was sure I was going to be able to fly. Well, I didn’t. Krocax caught me before I would have broken my legs and said Be careful, little bird.. After that, the nickname stuck.”


Female Half Orc | Slum Shaman 2 | HP 15/15| AC 12 | T 10 | FF 12| CMD 13| Fort +2| Ref +1 | Will +7 | Init +0 | Perc +11 | harrow points: 1 | Portrait

Magpie laughs at the flying Kali, then comments "That's sweet, doesn't sound like the steel wall at all." Magpie moves forward, little by little, hoping not to be eaten. "Hi... um... Falcor. Sounds like a bird, the name I mean. I've seen them flying around once or twice, just never knew what they were. Hippo-griffs. Hi... I'm Magda Vasiliu, and that is cat." she adds the last part after a meow "He says he'll clog your bowels if you eat him."


Female Human (Varisian) Ranger (Sable company marine, Urban ranger) 2 | HP: 22 | AC: 16: T: 13: FF: 13 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perception: +7

Falcor squawks loudly, tilting his head to the sky then looks down at the cat, while slowly opening his mouth before looking at Kali. She crosses her arms "Falcor! I said no eating the cat." she shouts, smacking his neck. He closes his mouth, grunting loudly and turning away.

Turning back to Magda, Kali shrugs "He wasn't always like he is right now. I think Vanny's death messed him up good."


Female Half Orc | Slum Shaman 2 | HP 15/15| AC 12 | T 10 | FF 12| CMD 13| Fort +2| Ref +1 | Will +7 | Init +0 | Perc +11 | harrow points: 1 | Portrait

"He loved her?" she asks quietly, remembering her parents at that moment and feeling the pain of loss. Not noticing the cat twisting itself into her legs, for safety from the hipponiff, stumbling back and landing with a whooof on her butt.


Female Human (Varisian) Ranger (Sable company marine, Urban ranger) 2 | HP: 22 | AC: 16: T: 13: FF: 13 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perception: +7

Kali nods slowly, closing her eyes while doing so. "That he did. She was child too to. Would have been their first." she inhales a long breath before slowly letting it out. " It's a shame, he was a sweet man once. I don't know if he'll ever recover. "

Kali giggles at Magda's fall. Steps forward and offers a hand to pick her up. "Why are you nice to me? Don't I scare you like the others? You haven't yelled at me yet. You're the only one. Well that other lady, what's her name? Vera? She's kinda freaky though if you ask me."


Female Half Orc | Slum Shaman 2 | HP 15/15| AC 12 | T 10 | FF 12| CMD 13| Fort +2| Ref +1 | Will +7 | Init +0 | Perc +11 | harrow points: 1 | Portrait

Magda accepts the help, and smiles "Vera's something... but in a nice way, to me at least. For the rest... we're all broken. A bit here..." she thumps her chest "A bit here..." she taps her head, "As long as we're not hurting others with how we handle it, it's golden. And I'm too stupid or crazy or numb? is that the word, growing up under Lamm, I mean, it was scary, lots..., well all that means I'm less fraid for somethings." she meanders and pauses a lot, like she's thinking hard on that one. Then she gets excited "We could help people, little bird lady. Really help people! People like the kids, like the old shop keepers being bullied, like the toms or the washed out painted ones. So many broken people, so many people needing help. I can barely imagine... but with you lot... maybe?"


Female Human (Varisian) Ranger (Sable company marine, Urban ranger) 2 | HP: 22 | AC: 16: T: 13: FF: 13 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perception: +7

Kali was nodding along with helping people, but Magpie surprises her with the ending of her statement. "Me?" she asks, eyebrows raised. "I'm afraid all I am is a lot of hot air. All Krovax has to do is look at me or Marcus bend my wrist and I deflate."

She kicks a loose rock down the street "Anyway, yeah. We're all a little out there."

Leaning against Falcor she remarks "What's up with Shi? How does she fit in? There is something off about her that I just don't understand. She's always dodging my question, all sly-like."


Female Half Orc | Slum Shaman 2 | HP 15/15| AC 12 | T 10 | FF 12| CMD 13| Fort +2| Ref +1 | Will +7 | Init +0 | Perc +11 | harrow points: 1 | Portrait

"I don't know.  She's lost something, I think.  She wants to let go she said, well she said that for all of us, but she included herself, didn't she?  Keeping things, ain't lying, her business, right?  Known plenty, especially the old folks, who wouldn't tell you what they had for breakfast, for no other reason than not telling." Magda shrugs, brushing all the aside in her mind, "She helped.  Take down Lamm, see the kids to a nice place, so that's what matters.  The reasons don't as much.

She grins "The tail though... that is something."


Female Kitsune | Vigilante (teisatsu)2 | HP 12/15| AC 18 | T 13 | FF 15| CMD 13| Fort +1| Ref +6| Will +3 | Init +9 | Perc +5

Since Krovax already seems to agree she looks to Marcus and notes "You don't seem all that interested in just helping out, but you were invaluable in the fight with Lamm. If you don't have something better to do, why don't you join us? You'll get an even split of the loot and, like I said, I bet returning that brooch will bring in some gold. Plus, you'll have some allies if you ever need any help with anything."

Assuming Marcus agrees since he is away for a week

Shi nods at the men's agreement. She looks to Vera and notes "Why don't you work with Marcus to gather information. I'll go talk to the other girls and get us split up so we can see what we can find out about that brooch and the general state of things."

Without waiting for a response she heads outside to find Magda and Kali talking. She eyes the hippogriff for a moment but catches the tail end of their conversation and gives Magda a grin and a wink "Oh you like my tail?" She swishes it back and forth briefly then gets to the reason she came out here. "Ladies, we're going to work on gathering some information."

She looks to Magda and notes "I think it would be good if you worked with Krovax." Then she looks to Kali and offers her a smile "So that leaves you and I working together. We just need to see what information we can gather about what has happened and see if we can find out anything about the brooch that may be the queens. Then we can meet back here and discuss our next options."


Female Human (Varisian) Ranger (Sable company marine, Urban ranger) 2 | HP: 22 | AC: 16: T: 13: FF: 13 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perception: +7

Falcor turns to face Shi when she exits the building, tilting his head at her and then looking to Kali to how she reacts. Kali pats his mane again and leans in to whisper in his ear "She's alright. Won't call her a friend like Mags, but you still can't eat her tail. Yet."

Kali nods and particularly likes that she isn't having to work with Krovax. "Alright, that works for me I guess. Are we just hitting the streets to dig up information? Do you have any leads?"

551 to 600 of 832 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Litejedi's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Anniversary Edition All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.