Cornerstone Rampart

Game Master Me'mori

A spark of capability earned their passage into a unique school. Now, trained in the basics, they are sent out into the world to hone their skills.


151 to 200 of 244 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

HP 6 (13) | AC: 11 (10 base +1 dex); T: 11; FF: 10 | Fort: +5; Ref: +1 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 Spell Points: 6 (6)

Dimitri staggers under the assault from the beetles, and his skeleton collapses under the beetle's attacks as well.

Dimitri swung his torch at the closest beetle as well.

Attack roll w/Fighting defensively: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (2) - 5 = -3
Damage Roll + 1 fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


HP 8/8| AC 13 (Touch 13, FF 10); CMD 13|Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3|Perception +1, Sense Motive +1|Darkvision| Initiative +3|

Zacharia remembers Gharol's advice, and tries to Aid Another Morcrug's next attack.

Aid: 1d20 ⇒ 10


M Half-Orc Stalker 1; HP 10/10|AC:15 /T:13 /FF:12|F:+2|R: +4|W:+5|Perception +7|CMB+1|CMD 14|Speed 30ft | Init +3

Morcrug rushes forward, drawing his axe.
I started too far away to attack.


Atsuko's first attack cleaves across two of the beetles, killing them instantly in a display of prowess that could have been missed if one blinked long enough. The arc of the cut is visible in the spray of glowing fluid that a thin line has splashed across the floor and wall.

Blindsided by the beetles, Dimitri's attack misses while Morcrug moves in to range to attack.

Round 2
Orienting on the closest target, the beetles attempt to attack Morcrug, having chewed through the skeleton enough to disrupt its animating magic. Reacting easily, Morcrug misses their attempts to bite.

The sound of hooves attracts Dimitri and Zachariah's attention, as a malformed skeleton of what was once a horse makes its way out of one of the rooms to the east that they had not explored.

______________________________
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


M Half-Orc Stalker 1; HP 10/10|AC:15 /T:13 /FF:12|F:+2|R: +4|W:+5|Perception +7|CMB+1|CMD 14|Speed 30ft | Init +3

Morcrug tumbles alongside the beetles and swings swiftly at the one he is now flanking.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Tumble to avoid AOO.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Maneuver: Offensive Roll - Acrobatics vs Beetle's AC. If successful Beetle is treated as flat-footed for attack, and attack deals additional 1d6
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Butcher's Axe Damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3, 3) + 4 = 16
Offensive Roll: 1d6 ⇒ 5


HP 6 (13) | AC: 11 (10 base +1 dex); T: 11; FF: 10 | Fort: +5; Ref: +1 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 Spell Points: 6 (6)

Dimitri continued to try and wage off the beetles with his torch.

Attack Roll w/Fight Defensively: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (16) - 5 = 11
Damage Roll w/1 pt. fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Dymitri pulls a vial out of his coat and focuses for a moment. The dull liquid becomes a vibrant red, and he motions to Zachariah, ”Follow me into the chamber with the rest of them! I doubt the horse can fit through that hallway!”

Dymitri then heads into the room next to Atsuko.


HP 12/12 | AC: 18 /T: 14 /FF: 14 | Perc. +6 | F: +4 / R: +4 /W: +2 | CMB -1 | CMD 13 | Speed 30ft| Init. +6

Atusko follows Morcrug after he cleaves into one of the creatures. With a quick step and her blade still down and tucked to her side and behind she cuts in an upward motion from low to high on the creature leaving her standing in a high guard.

Move:5'Free or 10' depending on which Morcrug killed
Standard: Attack

Katana Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 1 = 26
Damage: 1d10 + 1d6 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (9) + (5) - 2 + 3 = 15

Katana Attack Confirmation: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 1 = 24
Confirmation Damage: 1d10 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + (5) + 3 = 9

[ooc]If only a 5' step was taken Atsuko shakes the blood and visceral from her blade and sheathes it regaining her maneuver from the previous attack.

"Everyone alright?"


HP 8/8| AC 13 (Touch 13, FF 10); CMD 13|Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3|Perception +1, Sense Motive +1|Darkvision| Initiative +3|

Zachariah bobs his head in agreement, following Dymitri into the room.

"I'm fine. If anyone is injured, however, please step up."

You know when this campaign started, I was expecting a lot of undead, but I hadn't quite expected ALL of them to be skeletal. Where's the blood!? Even zombies have blood!


Round 3
More trails of insect blood that glows like fire paint the walls and floor of the room, as they get dispatched in a handful of seconds by blade, burn, and axe.(Light Level Normal)

Zacharia and Dymitri enter the room, while the echo of hooves can be heard from the main area of the crypt that all of you have found yourselves in. It seems to be pursuing the two of them, as a collection of bones that might have once been a horse can be seen moving unnaturally into the entryway, just close enough to rear up and lash out with a hoof at Dymitri, failing to make contact.
______________________
Maneuver Regained, Atsuko.
Everyone that can access the map can move their tokens, if they wish. You do not have to wait for me.

DM Rolls:
1d6 ⇒ 5
Atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


M Half-Orc Stalker 1; HP 10/10|AC:15 /T:13 /FF:12|F:+2|R: +4|W:+5|Perception +7|CMB+1|CMD 14|Speed 30ft | Init +3

Morcrug rushes to Dymitri's aid, dodging to the right of the undead horse.
Two movements, with an acrobatics check to tumble.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


”Morcrug, drink this! It’ll make you...generally better!”

He then draws his apothecaries baton, ready to fend off the horse.

Making an essence with Invigorate, giving 1 temp HP and a +2 to Morcrug’s highest ability score.


HP 12/12 | AC: 18 /T: 14 /FF: 14 | Perc. +6 | F: +4 / R: +4 /W: +2 | CMB -1 | CMD 13 | Speed 30ft| Init. +6

I can't move my own token

"Morcrug try and lead it away from the entry so we can surround it."

Atsuko attempts to tumble out to flank the creature.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

If able to tumble to the flank she draws and attempts to cut into the bones.

Flank Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 10


HP 8/8| AC 13 (Touch 13, FF 10); CMD 13|Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3|Perception +1, Sense Motive +1|Darkvision| Initiative +3|

Zacharia passes off his Lucerne Hammer to Morcrug.

"Use this! It's more effective on the skeletal undead!"

Speaking of, is this a normal skeleton or something different?

Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Dimitri the Wise-bot
A second was taken as the others moved to engage the next skeleton assailant, kneeling down to touch the collapsed bones, an exercise of magical skill raising the skeleton to stand again. Some damage has been done to the bones, but none are utterly unusable, just slightly more fragile. An appraising look was given to the creation, though there was a bit of dissatisfaction at its condition.

Round 4
Nimble movements from Atsuko and Morcrug let them exit the entryway of the room they had entered to engage with the latest skeletal assailant, on either side. The creation seemed to track them, attempting to turn towards1d3 ⇒ 3 Morcrug, attempting a poor strike with a hoof that did not even threaten the axe-wielder.
_____________________________

Rolls:

Horse attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Religion 18:
While there is not much on Religion in regards to malformed skeletons that seem to fit the current situation, as most animated bones are done so out of negative energy. It does seem that these bones are not the only things that you have seen in this crypt, aside from the fallen metal skeleton. Whatever the other creatures are, they are decidedly not the specific cause of any deific influence.
The bones themselves are from a deceased creature, if somewhat malformed for reasons unknown.

The images are set on layers, so if you cannot select it then there may be a layer over it. The yellow rings count as an upper layer, alas.


HP 6 (13) | AC: 11 (10 base +1 dex); T: 11; FF: 10 | Fort: +5; Ref: +1 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 Spell Points: 6 (6)

Sorry, it looks like my post saying I was delaying got nom-nom'ed by Paizo. I'm fine with making another skeleton.


M Half-Orc Stalker 1; HP 10/10|AC:15 /T:13 /FF:12|F:+2|R: +4|W:+5|Perception +7|CMB+1|CMD 14|Speed 30ft | Init +3

Morcrug drinks the extract Dymitri handed him. 10+1=11HP 18+2=20Dex AC=16 Ref: +4
I Believe this will provoke an AOO from the horse.
With serpentine movement Morcrug looks for weak points in the undead horse's form. Hunting Serpent Blow Heal vs AC, if successful horse is flat-footed and and my attack deals 1d6 extra damage, if failed I make attack with -2 penalty and no extra damage.
Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 I forgot to add in +1 from Masterwork weapon previously.
Buther's Axe: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 5, 3) + 5 = 18
Hunting Serpent Blow: 1d6 ⇒ 5


HP 12/12 | AC: 18 /T: 14 /FF: 14 | Perc. +6 | F: +4 / R: +4 /W: +2 | CMB -1 | CMD 13 | Speed 30ft| Init. +6

Round 5

Atsuko steps to continue to blank the creature. She looks for an opening and strikes out.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 12

"This creature is much harder to strike then the others."


HP 6 (13) | AC: 11 (10 base +1 dex); T: 11; FF: 10 | Fort: +5; Ref: +1 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 Spell Points: 6 (6)

"There are a few reasons why that would be true: larger creatures have more space between their bones and their bones being thicker due to the weight they supported when alive are chief among them."


Morcrug Axehome wrote:

Morcrug drinks the extract Dymitri handed him. 10+1=11HP 18+2=20Dex AC=16 Ref: +4

I Believe this will provoke an AOO from the horse.
With serpentine movement Morcrug looks for weak points in the undead horse's form. Hunting Serpent Blow Heal vs AC, if successful horse is flat-footed and and my attack deals 1d6 extra damage, if failed I make attack with -2 penalty and no extra damage.
[dice=Heal]1d20+7
[dice=Attack]1d20+6 I forgot to add in +1 from Masterwork weapon previously.
[dice=Buther's Axe]3d6+5
[dice=Hunting Serpent Blow]1d6

Morcrug would only be able to take one of these actions; drinking an Extract is a Standard action, the same as drinking a Potion. With that in mind, he could take a 5 ft. step back and drink the Extract without provoking, then take the Lucerne Hammer with his Move, and attack (at reach) with it next turn.


M Half-Orc Stalker 1; HP 10/10|AC:15 /T:13 /FF:12|F:+2|R: +4|W:+5|Perception +7|CMB+1|CMD 14|Speed 30ft | Init +3
Morcrug Axehome wrote:

Morcrug drinks the extract Dymitri handed him. 10+1=11HP 18+2=20Dex AC=16 Ref: +4

I Believe this will provoke an AOO from the horse.
With serpentine movement Morcrug looks for weak points in the undead horse's form. Hunting Serpent Blow Heal vs AC, if successful horse is flat-footed and and my attack deals 1d6 extra damage, if failed I make attack with -2 penalty and no extra damage.
[dice=Heal]1d20+7
[dice=Attack]1d20+6 I forgot to add in +1 from Masterwork weapon previously.
[dice=Buther's Axe]3d6+5
[dice=Hunting Serpent Blow]1d6

REVISED

Morcrug steps away for a moment and drinks the elixir Dymitri handed him.5ft step. 10+1=11HP 18+2=20Dex AC=16 Ref: +4


Round 5

With Morcrug out of immediate reach, the odd skeleton attempts an attack on Atsuko, but some oddity of its construction mars the attempt.

______________________

Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


M Half-Orc Stalker 1; HP 10/10|AC:15 /T:13 /FF:12|F:+2|R: +4|W:+5|Perception +7|CMB+1|CMD 14|Speed 30ft | Init +3

Morcrug serpentines back into position, flanking the undead creature, then looks for weaknesses in it's form. 5ft step.
Hunting Serpent Blow Heal vs AC, if successful horse is flat-footed and and my attack deals 1d6 extra damage, if failed I make attack with -2 penalty and no extra damage.
Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Buther's Axe: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 6, 2) + 5 = 16
Hunting Serpent Blow: 1d6 ⇒ 2


HP 12/12 | AC: 18 /T: 14 /FF: 14 | Perc. +6 | F: +4 / R: +4 /W: +2 | CMB -1 | CMD 13 | Speed 30ft| Init. +6

Round 6

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 11

Atsuko continues to attack but is able to do little but provide a target for the creature.


HP 6 (13) | AC: 11 (10 base +1 dex); T: 11; FF: 10 | Fort: +5; Ref: +1 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 Spell Points: 6 (6)

Dimitri sends his skeleton forward to engage the black "skeleton" in the center of the room. It's going to provoke, and I have to remember to use my bound souls ability to heal it if it takes damage.

Fire damage for starting next to flaming skeleton: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Fire damage for attacking Flaming Skeleton: 1d6 ⇒ 1


It was just a matter of time for the misshapen horse. With Dimitri's Skeleton and Morcrug's axe, it collapses, lying inert for a couple of seconds before something bursts from the collapsed bones and attempts to flee.
______________________________
This does provoke AoOs.


HP 6 (13) | AC: 11 (10 base +1 dex); T: 11; FF: 10 | Fort: +5; Ref: +1 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 Spell Points: 6 (6)

Skeleton AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage Roll: 1d4 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + (2) + 2 = 6


M Half-Orc Stalker 1; HP 10/10|AC:15 /T:13 /FF:12|F:+2|R: +4|W:+5|Perception +7|CMB+1|CMD 14|Speed 30ft | Init +3

AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 6, 1) + 5 = 14


Two swings, one by skeleton, another by Morcrug, and the thing that leapt from the bones, fleeing was cut down by claw and steel. Upon closer look it appeared to have once been some sort of creature, perhaps the size of a small dog, that resembled an insect with bones for its exoskeleton.


HP 8/8| AC 13 (Touch 13, FF 10); CMD 13|Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3|Perception +1, Sense Motive +1|Darkvision| Initiative +3|

Zacharia curiously inspects the weird creature.

Knowledge (Arcana, Dungeoneering, Local, Religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


HP 12/12 | AC: 18 /T: 14 /FF: 14 | Perc. +6 | F: +4 / R: +4 /W: +2 | CMB -1 | CMD 13 | Speed 30ft| Init. +6

"More bugs?" She shivers a bit. "There just so creepy and crawly. I can't explain my dislike. Well if anything else was close the sounds of combat should have attracted it or gave it time to prepare. Let us keep moving and checking rooms."


HP 6 (13) | AC: 11 (10 base +1 dex); T: 11; FF: 10 | Fort: +5; Ref: +1 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 Spell Points: 6 (6)

"Like all things in life, insects have an important part to play in the ecosystem. Many of them keep other insect populations in check, and some are useful for removing the flesh off of skeletons to allow them to be used as spell components."


HP 8/8| AC 13 (Touch 13, FF 10); CMD 13|Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3|Perception +1, Sense Motive +1|Darkvision| Initiative +3|

"This particular one serves a more...sinister purpose. It uses the bones of dead creatures and puppeteers them in a mockery of life. On the bright side, this may put some of our fears to rest; the ground hasn't necessarily been desecrated such as to allow for the spontaneous creation of undead."


HP 6 (13) | AC: 11 (10 base +1 dex); T: 11; FF: 10 | Fort: +5; Ref: +1 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 Spell Points: 6 (6)

"Undead are just as useful as any other tool." offered Dimitri.


HP 12/12 | AC: 18 /T: 14 /FF: 14 | Perc. +6 | F: +4 / R: +4 /W: +2 | CMB -1 | CMD 13 | Speed 30ft| Init. +6

"Come my friends. Let us press on and find our way out of here."


M Half-Orc Stalker 1; HP 10/10|AC:15 /T:13 /FF:12|F:+2|R: +4|W:+5|Perception +7|CMB+1|CMD 14|Speed 30ft | Init +3

Morcrug follows closely behind her without saying a word.


"The stone walls of this room are carved to resemble an airy stable with a large stone box at the southern end. The lid of the box is cracked and corroded, as though from powerful acid. An illustration of a lean, regal stallion and the words “No Greater Friend Hath a Man Than His Loyal Steed” are chiseled into the stone above the box."


HP 12/12 | AC: 18 /T: 14 /FF: 14 | Perc. +6 | F: +4 / R: +4 /W: +2 | CMB -1 | CMD 13 | Speed 30ft| Init. +6

Atsuko's hand moves down to her blade.

"If there is a man in that box it may not be happy we have destroyed his steed. Do the undead even have emotion? Someone with strength want to open the box. I will stand at the ready."


HP 6 (13) | AC: 11 (10 base +1 dex); T: 11; FF: 10 | Fort: +5; Ref: +1 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 Spell Points: 6 (6)

Dimitri goes and peeks into the cracked stone, trying to determine what is inside.

He could always use more tools, after all...


HP 8/8| AC 13 (Touch 13, FF 10); CMD 13|Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3|Perception +1, Sense Motive +1|Darkvision| Initiative +3|

"Dimitri, out of curiosity, are you able to sense the dead at all? I imagine if you could you might have mentioned by now, but it never hurts to ask."


HP 6 (13) | AC: 11 (10 base +1 dex); T: 11; FF: 10 | Fort: +5; Ref: +1 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 Spell Points: 6 (6)

"I can currently only sense the undead that I create, but I have been told that with time and experience I will be able to sense others."

I.e. I'm going to take divination eventually =P


Dimitri The Wise wrote:
Dimitri goes and peeks into the cracked stone, trying to determine what is inside.

Inside the cracked stone box that once held the bones of a horse, the silver and jade ornaments remain, aged but not as subject to decay as cloth and leather. There is a fair value to the ornaments, if the craftsmanship is any indication.


HP 6 (13) | AC: 11 (10 base +1 dex); T: 11; FF: 10 | Fort: +5; Ref: +1 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 Spell Points: 6 (6)

Dimitri simply says "There are no bones inside." before turning away from the sarcophagi.


HP 12/12 | AC: 18 /T: 14 /FF: 14 | Perc. +6 | F: +4 / R: +4 /W: +2 | CMB -1 | CMD 13 | Speed 30ft| Init. +6

Collecting thigs from enemies is one thing. Taking from a tomb is another. Atsuko not wishing the dishonor of "grave robbing" leaves the room and moves to the next opening.

Hate when writers do things like this. It is expected obviously for us to loot for wealth by level, but it is taking from a tomb being CG I would normally go ahead and collect the stuff but playing a samurai like character it seems dishonorable, please someone collect our phat lootz.


M Half-Orc Stalker 1; HP 10/10|AC:15 /T:13 /FF:12|F:+2|R: +4|W:+5|Perception +7|CMB+1|CMD 14|Speed 30ft | Init +3
Kakita Atsuko wrote:
please someone collect our phat lootz.

I gotchu.

Morcrug searches the tomb for anything valuable or useful.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


HP 6 (13) | AC: 11 (10 base +1 dex); T: 11; FF: 10 | Fort: +5; Ref: +1 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 Spell Points: 6 (6)

Dimitri doesn't care all that much about wealth, so he just ignored it.


The stone walls of this room are carved to resemble hanging draperies framing a large dais. Upon the dais stands a large sarcophagus, its lid carved to resemble a sleeping knight with long hair and a wide mustache. This room carries a faint nauseating odor, like putrefying meat.


HP 12/12 | AC: 18 /T: 14 /FF: 14 | Perc. +6 | F: +4 / R: +4 /W: +2 | CMB -1 | CMD 13 | Speed 30ft| Init. +6

Atsuko gags a bit at the smell. She brings her sleeve up to cover her face.

"Can we be...." She gags again. "Quick in here. This smell. I can't deal with it."


HP 8/8| AC 13 (Touch 13, FF 10); CMD 13|Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3|Perception +1, Sense Motive +1|Darkvision| Initiative +3|

Zacharia looks at her curiously.

"It's not that bad, or strong. Do you not receive olfactory shock training in the warrior courses?"


HP 6 (13) | AC: 11 (10 base +1 dex); T: 11; FF: 10 | Fort: +5; Ref: +1 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 Spell Points: 6 (6)

Dimitri seemed undeterred by the stench; instead, he moved directly to the sarcophagus and tried to open it up.

151 to 200 of 244 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cornerstones Adjacent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.