GM MattMorris Fall of Plaguestone

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Slides and Maps


551 to 585 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

”Uhtred” | Male CG Dwarf Barbarian 1 | HP 40/40 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Class DC 18 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8, +1 vs. spells and magic | Perc: +8 | | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Uhtred sets his sights on Blue, closing on him and attacking twice.

attack1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

attack2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 for damage: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


NG Male Gnome (fey-touched) druid 2 HP 28/28 | AC 15/17 w/raise shield | F +6 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells Cantrips 7; 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Vetch enters the cave and raises his shield. stride x2


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

The bright light from outside is replaced by flickering torchlight in a narrow passageway cut deeply into the hillside. Suddenly, the passage opens into a broad natural cavern containing a series of large tables on the far side of the room. A series of alchemical experiments, most bubbling and frothing as they cook, are arranged atop the work spaces.

Two orcs with long aprons are working at the benches, and seem startled by the sudden intrusion of battle.

Uhtred batters the blue orc. It's amazing that it's still standing.

The alchemists draw and lob bombs at Vetch, unwilling to catch their companion in the slash zone. The pink alchemist moves over to one of the tables covered in alchemical experiments and the yellow alchemist grabs a flask at random from the table in front of him.
bottled lightning: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 4 = 16 for electricity: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
bottled lightning: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 4 = 16 for electricity: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Both vials crash against Vetch's shield, so he's only mildly shocked by their splash damage.

Random Experiment
2d20 ⇒ (19, 15) = 34lesser frost vial

~+~Combat Round 4~+~
Guldun
--Telly
BGG

Blue (-19)
Vetch (-2)
Uhtred (-11)
Pink
Yellow

Map


Female N Dwarf Ranger | HP 36/36 | AC18 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +9 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.|

Guldun continues trying to catch up with her companions
Gasping for breath, she will order Telly to assist Uhtred

Telly moves into flank with Uhtred, careful to go around wide, so as not to provoke attacks of opportunity

Envoy's Alliance

Male Goblin Rogue 2 | CN | hp 24/24 | AC 18 | F: +5, R +9, W +3 | Perception: +5 Speed: 25 | Conditions:

BGG moves, feints, bites

Feint
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Bite
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Damage
1d6 ⇒ 4 + 1d6 ⇒ 5 if he's flat footed


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Already reeling from Uhtred's hit, the orc is unable to recover from Good Good's bite, and falls.

~+~Combat Round 4~+~
Guldun
--Telly
BGG
Blue
Vetch (-2)
Uhtred (-11)
Pink
Yellow

Map


NG Male Gnome (fey-touched) druid 2 HP 28/28 | AC 15/17 w/raise shield | F +6 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells Cantrips 7; 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Vetch circles around the rock (pillar?) and scans the alchemical set up for something he could shoot with electricity. He'll also raise his shield.

Perception for seek? Just looking to do something cinematic with beaker and explosions.

Percep: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Yeah, go for it! I have mechanics for destroying the table--lots of volatile things on there.


NG Male Gnome (fey-touched) druid 2 HP 28/28 | AC 15/17 w/raise shield | F +6 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells Cantrips 7; 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Ok, then retconning to do an electric arc at something volatile on the table


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Vetch arcs lightning over the table in front of the orc alchemist, and several beakers explode!
Reflex save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

The alchemist completely fails to dodge out of the way. He is hit by an alchemist's fire, an acid flask, and a frost vial.

alchemist's fire: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8, 1 persistent fire
frost vial: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 , -5 ft. speed
and 1 acid + 1d6 persistent acid

~+~Combat Round 4~+~
Guldun
--Telly
BGG
Vetch (-2)
Uhtred (-11)
Pink (-16, -5 ft, 1 p. fire, 1d6 p. acid)
Yellow

Map


NG Male Gnome (fey-touched) druid 2 HP 28/28 | AC 15/17 w/raise shield | F +6 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells Cantrips 7; 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Vetch cackles in glee!

Horizon Hunters

”Uhtred” | Male CG Dwarf Barbarian 1 | HP 40/40 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Class DC 18 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8, +1 vs. spells and magic | Perc: +8 | | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Uhtred leaps into action sudden charge's pink and runs at Pink before attacking.

attack1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 for damage: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

and then closes on Yellow.


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

You might think that pink would be dead after that hit, but it someone stays on its feet long enough to run for northern door of the room before it keels over at the end of its turn from the combinations of persistent damage.

Trapped, the yellow orc steps back before throwing an alchemist's fire at Uhtred.
alchemist's fire: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 for fire: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 + 1 persistent fire.

A shortsighted move, since the resulting explosion ignites several beakers on the bench.
Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Cold: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Uhtred make a Reflex Save

~+~Combat Round 5~+~
Guldun
--Telly
BGG
Vetch
(-2)
Uhtred (-14, 1 p. fire) REFLEX SAVE
Pink
Yellow (-3, -5 ft move)

Map

Horizon Hunters

”Uhtred” | Male CG Dwarf Barbarian 1 | HP 40/40 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Class DC 18 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8, +1 vs. spells and magic | Perc: +8 | | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Uhtred has No Escape, so he would be able to use a reaction to follow him. Does that change anything?. I'll roll a reflex save in the meantime

reflex: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 1 = 21


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

I think he'd do the same thing. he's in a tough spot.

Horizon Hunters

”Uhtred” | Male CG Dwarf Barbarian 1 | HP 40/40 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Class DC 18 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8, +1 vs. spells and magic | Perc: +8 | | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Cool, I moved myself up next to him. Oh, and do I get to go now?

Uhtred ignores the fire for now

flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 16

and attacks yellow viciously

Attack1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 for damage: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

and again, but overzealously this time

Attack2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

and tries again but to no avail

Attack3: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 7


NG Male Gnome (fey-touched) druid 2 HP 28/28 | AC 15/17 w/raise shield | F +6 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells Cantrips 7; 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

guessing Uhtred might have taken care of things, but just in case
Electric arc!
electric arc dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Basic reflex save vs. DC 18


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Due to their orcish nature, you actually have to double-tap these guys.
Ferocity

Out of initiative.


NG Male Gnome (fey-touched) druid 2 HP 28/28 | AC 15/17 w/raise shield | F +6 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells Cantrips 7; 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

"If there are more deeper in the cave, I doubt our presence has remained secret. Shall we move forward quickly and come back later to look for information?"

Horizon Hunters

”Uhtred” | Male CG Dwarf Barbarian 1 | HP 40/40 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Class DC 18 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8, +1 vs. spells and magic | Perc: +8 | | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Uhtred makes it clear he is ready to rush on. If not, he will likely need to recuperate from his fighting frenzy. but that only lasts a minute I think - and it only means he can't rage in 2e i believe as opposed to being fatigued

Envoy's Alliance

Male Goblin Rogue 2 | CN | hp 24/24 | AC 18 | F: +5, R +9, W +3 | Perception: +5 Speed: 25 | Conditions:

Please, with all due haste.


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Mindful of an alert spreading in the compound, you press forward further into the cave.

Up the short stairs or into the tunnel on the left?


NG Male Gnome (fey-touched) druid 2 HP 28/28 | AC 15/17 w/raise shield | F +6 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells Cantrips 7; 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Let's see who that unfortunate orc was trying to get to," Vetch indicates the stairs on the right. "But first, let me see those wounds, Uhtred."

Vetch casts 2-action heal on him: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

The northernmost passageway that exits the laboratory ends in a set of stairs that leads up to a massive double door to the west. Made from stout wood and bound with iron, the pair of doors is crudely decorated with a carving of a small rural village that has been set ablaze. Anyone examining the carving can tell it must have been made many years ago and, despite its poor overall artistry, the village bears an unmistakable resemblance to Etran’s Folly. The doors are not locked.

On the other side of a door looks waits a smaller alchemical lab, this one covered with many sheaves of notes and some alchemical tools.

When you open the door, you see an orc with googles on his head on the far side of the laboratory. He is reaching for a door that leads into the next room.

Initiative:

BGG: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Guldun: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Uhtred: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Vetch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Red: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Guldun
--Telly

Red
Uhtred
BGG
Vetch

Map

I put Uhtred at the door, but you all can start anywhere you like.


Female N Dwarf Ranger | HP 36/36 | AC18 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +9 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.|

Guldun continues sprinting as fast as her stout legs will go (2 move actions)
and shout for Telly to continue after Uhtred (also 2 move actions)


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

The orc opens the double doors and rushes through.

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Guldun
--Telly
Red
Uhtred
BGG
Vetch

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Guldun
--Telly

Map

Horizon Hunters

”Uhtred” | Male CG Dwarf Barbarian 1 | HP 40/40 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Class DC 18 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8, +1 vs. spells and magic | Perc: +8 | | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

3 stumpy legged, dwarven strides coming up.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Goblin Rogue 2 | CN | hp 24/24 | AC 18 | F: +5, R +9, W +3 | Perception: +5 Speed: 25 | Conditions:

UGG scrambles after the orc.


NG Male Gnome (fey-touched) druid 2 HP 28/28 | AC 15/17 w/raise shield | F +6 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells Cantrips 7; 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Triple move on gnome feet!


Female N Dwarf Ranger | HP 36/36 | AC18 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +9 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.|

Guldun will double move and keep ordering Telly forward
"Press the advantage!"


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

The scene inside this room is bleak:

Squiggy Stuff:
Whimpering moans can be heard from the center of the chamber, where a human man is strapped to a large rack. His flesh is missing in places, replaced with large glass and metal cauldrons that seem to be extracting blood from him, mixing that blood with reagents to transform it, then pumping the blood back into the poor man. Around the room, you can see shackles mounted to the wall where previous prisoners must have spent their final moments.

The orc pulls out a pouch of powder from his bandolier and tosses it on the remains of the prisoner in the center of the room. A rush of blood leaks out of the blood and forms into a quivering ooze!

The orc waves his powder over the creature, urging it to attack Uhtred.
Crafting: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

The creature does so!
pseudopod: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 for bludgeoning: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 and 1d6 p. bleed

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Guldun
--Telly
Orc
Ooze
Uhtred (-16, 1d6 p. bleed)
BGG
Vetch

~+~Combat Round 3~+~
Guldun
--Telly

Recall Knowledge (Crafting or Occultism) DC 19:
Blood oozes feed on the blood of their victims. Any time an adjacent creature takes bleed damage, the ooze heals. They can also draw the blood out of all nearby creatures.


NG Male Gnome (fey-touched) druid 2 HP 28/28 | AC 15/17 w/raise shield | F +6 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | Stealth +6 | | Speed 25ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells Cantrips 7; 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Vetch moves into the room, and launches his favorite: electric arc at the two foes.
electric arc dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Basic reflex save vs. DC 18

every combat in 2E feels like a possible tpk

Envoy's Alliance

Male Goblin Rogue 2 | CN | hp 24/24 | AC 18 | F: +5, R +9, W +3 | Perception: +5 Speed: 25 | Conditions:

UGG sucks in his breath when he sees the monstrosity in the center of the room.

Recall Knowledge for one action
Occultism
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Horizon Hunters

”Uhtred” | Male CG Dwarf Barbarian 1 | HP 40/40 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Class DC 18 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8, +1 vs. spells and magic | Perc: +8 | | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Uhtred moves to the orc and attacks twice

attack 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

attack 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 for maybe damage: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

flat persistent bleed check: 1d20 ⇒ 20


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Yes, this is a very hairy encounter. You guys did great with the rest of the cave, though!

Reflex (orc): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Reflex (ooze): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 4

While BGG has never seen its like before, Vetch is able to scorch the ooze with lightning and singe the orc as well. Uhtred misses the orc, but manages to staunch his bleeding.

~+~Combat Round 3~+~
Guldun
--Telly

Orc (-4)
Ooze (-8)
Uhtred (-20)
BGG
Vetch

Map

551 to 585 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM MattMorris Fall of Plaguestone All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.