Dragons Demand - LJM table 1

Game Master Liam Mooney

MAP

Current Map

QUESTS

The Collapsed Tower:
The Baroness of Belhaim wants you to investigate the ruins of the collapsed tower and find out why there are dead kobolds mixed in with the towers rubble

Finding Hunclay:
Find out whether Balthus Hunclay had anything to do with the Witch Tower’s collapse.

Making Friends or Enemies*:
Make at least one of the families of Belhaim either helpful or hostile towards the party.
Hero or Villain*:
Make everyone in one of Belhaim’s factions either friendly (or better) or unfriendly (or worse) towards the party.
Best Friend or Worst Nightmare*:
Make everyone in Belhaim either friendly (or better) or unfriendly (or worse) towards the party.
Belhaim Historian*:
Learn a great deal about Belhaim’s history.

* - optional


301 to 339 of 339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

M Halfling unchained rogue (knife master) 1 |hp 10/10 | AC16, T 14, FF 13 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB -2 (+2 dirty trick); CMD 11 | I+5, P+4

Halders follows Shondra down the hall, humming softly to himself.
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
'ts a bit dark in 'ere

is anyone recording our loot? I can do it on our PPT doc if you want.
I forgot bout the daggers we got at the beginning and how they're mithril. Does Mithril convey any benefit to attack or damage?

Shadow Lodge

Feel free to use the ppt for the loot. Mithril daggers count as silver against DR and are also always masterwork so give a +1 bonus to hit.

The corridor continues straight for almost 200 feet. All the way along you can't see anything of interest other than solid walls and the dusty floor until you reache the end.

A small, barred window pierces the iron door at the end
of this hall, revealing a plain, ten-foot-square room with a
windowless iron door on the opposite wall beyond.

The door in front of you is locked with a rusted over keyhole in it, there's another similar looking door at the other end of the small room.


M Halfling unchained rogue (knife master) 1 |hp 10/10 | AC16, T 14, FF 13 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB -2 (+2 dirty trick); CMD 11 | I+5, P+4

thisn long 'allway gives me the creeps
Halders will peer through the barred window, listening for anything beyond.
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Did we ever find a use dor the rusty key from the Iron Maiden?
Unless said otherwise, Halders will primarily use the Mithril knives.
I've also updated the PPT with a loot sheet for us to refer to

Shadow Lodge

The room on the other side of the door is completely empty and no sounds are coming through from beyond.

You haven't used the key yet.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Ragnar follows looking and poking at the walls occasionally on the lookout for more secret doors. He has his crossbow loaded and ready. He pauses from the muttering and grumbling. "All this way and not one single sign of those damn kobolds or that missing wizard. If it were not for the promised coin I would say to pull out and look elsewhere."

Shadow Lodge

The corridor looks clear apart from the windowed door at the far end.


Female Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1|| HP 12/12 (12/12 nonlethal) || AC 16/13 Tch/13 FF || F+3 R+4 W+0 || CMB +2 CMD 15/12 FF ||Init +4 || Perception +0

Shondra shrugs. "It's not as though I had anything better to do," she says. "And I can certainly use the coin."


M Halfling unchained rogue (knife master) 1 |hp 10/10 | AC16, T 14, FF 13 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB -2 (+2 dirty trick); CMD 11 | I+5, P+4

Polly promised treasure down this'n corridor- so far all we 'ave seen are slime and doors. If'n we don find anyfing ahead I say we revisit the talkin' bird.

Halders pushes Ludvic towards the door, handing him the rusty key;
Ludvic, me ol'mucker, 'ere's a key. Try the door with it, will ya

Shadow Lodge

With a bit of wiggling one of the rusty keys you found opens the door. As you all enter a deep booming voice calls out.

“Please close the door before proceeding with the pass phrase.”

You can't see anyone in the room who could have spoken.


Psychic Searcher Enlightened Philosopher Lore Oracle VMC Magus (1) Wounds (0) HP (11) AC (18/14/14) CMD (13) Saves (2/4/3) Initiative (+4) Lvl 1 (3/3)

”That’s...uhm...hello? Who just spoke?” Galessa said nervously, dagger in hand.


Female Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1|| HP 12/12 (12/12 nonlethal) || AC 16/13 Tch/13 FF || F+3 R+4 W+0 || CMB +2 CMD 15/12 FF ||Init +4 || Perception +0

Pass phrase? Uh-oh. "This could be a problem," Shondra mutters, nocking an arrow.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Ragnar closes the door behind them and looks around as he hears the voice. "What did that bird say? harumph..hmm..oh and the ghosts. 'Good Baron Sarvo Wills It' I believe."

Shadow Lodge

As Ragnar closes the door and utters the pass phrase the opposite door swings open with a horrible creak.

A single iron lever protrudes from the wall next to the door
in this otherwise empty chamber’s west wall. To the east, a
ten-foot-wide hallway curves to the north.

A four-armed metal construct blocks access to the eastern corridor. This clockwork servant stands on three jointed legs. A large, metallic key floats in the air next to it.

A moment after you enter the room, the construct whirs to life and speaks to you in a tinny voice: “Please present the crest for passage.”


M Halfling unchained rogue (knife master) 1 |hp 10/10 | AC16, T 14, FF 13 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB -2 (+2 dirty trick); CMD 11 | I+5, P+4

Haha, key's the answer- Halders claps Ludvic on the back; -Thanks Ludvic me ol mucker, what would we do wivout you. Now, after you... Halders indicates for Ludvic to pass and when nothing happens to he follows.

The door behind them slams shut and Halders shudders; despite being small this confined space is causing him to breath quickly- thisn room- too small... can't... handle... small... spa-

The other door opens and Halders pushes his way through, out the door first. He doubles over, hands on his knees gasping for air.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Ragnar passes by Halders and pats him on the shoulder and nods to Ludvic. "Well done, up you get stickyfingers."

He turns at the sound of the metallic voice and looks it up and down. The old dwarf shrugs and stows his crossbow warily and digs out the large crest from his sack. He hefts it in his arms and shuffles over to the construct. "Here you are. And who might you be?"


M Halfling unchained rogue (knife master) 1 |hp 10/10 | AC16, T 14, FF 13 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB -2 (+2 dirty trick); CMD 11 | I+5, P+4

Halders calls to the voice as Ragnar hefts the crest; Jus so ya know, disembodied voice, tha's my crest. I've grown quite attached to the memento of me visit to this'n strange place. If'n you want it back, I may be willin to negotiate a fair price

Shadow Lodge

On seeing the Crest the construct stands aside, leaving the corridor ahead clear to enter. It doesn't respond to your questions.

The corridor bends to the left and leads to a heavy iron door.


M Halfling unchained rogue (knife master) 1 |hp 10/10 | AC16, T 14, FF 13 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB -2 (+2 dirty trick); CMD 11 | I+5, P+4

Halders raises an eyebrow as the construct wordlessly moves out of their way; I'll take that as a firm yes, pleasure doin business wiv ya

Up an on wiv ya, Ragner me chum- good on ya puttin two and free togever; the good ol baron 'as been willing alot ov fings. Now 'e wills us to get to the treasure room!

Halders moves up to the new door, examining it carefully;
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Psychic Searcher Enlightened Philosopher Lore Oracle VMC Magus (1) Wounds (0) HP (11) AC (18/14/14) CMD (13) Saves (2/4/3) Initiative (+4) Lvl 1 (3/3)

”Well done! That was amazing, we didn’t need to kill anyone!”

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Cleric 1

He gives a firm nod in acknowledgment. "Thank you. I prefer to avoid fights when I can. Attention and civility can take you quite far. This is Abadar's will as well. Wealth should circulate and be displayed, not buried in forgotten ruins and crypts."
Ragnar carefully stows the heavy crest back in a sack and rearms himself. He eyes the non-responsive construct warily as they pass. As they move he pokes and prods the walls checking for further secret doors.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Female Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1|| HP 12/12 (12/12 nonlethal) || AC 16/13 Tch/13 FF || F+3 R+4 W+0 || CMB +2 CMD 15/12 FF ||Init +4 || Perception +0

Shondra watches the construct as they pass, wary for any trickery.

Shadow Lodge

The door seems to be safe but locked. The construct continues to ignore you and doesn't seem to even move now that you've presented it the crest.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Cleric 1

The dwarf looks up at the humans and over at Halders and gets a sober look on his face. "When it comes to what we find it gets split evenly. No messing around. Everything gets tallied and assayed. Agreed?"


M Halfling unchained rogue (knife master) 1 |hp 10/10 | AC16, T 14, FF 13 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB -2 (+2 dirty trick); CMD 11 | I+5, P+4

Halders holds up his right hand, laying his left over his heart;
On me ol' mum's grave and by Abadar 'imself I would never fink to cheat any worthy mucker outa their fare share of loot


M Halfling unchained rogue (knife master) 1 |hp 10/10 | AC16, T 14, FF 13 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB -2 (+2 dirty trick); CMD 11 | I+5, P+4

Halders will examine the locked door, and again tries one of the keys found.
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

If the key doesn't work then we'll need to break the door down.
"Yep, its locked alright- Ragnar- come 'ere theres a good lad, and break this open wiv the 'ard 'ead of yours"

Shadow Lodge

Halders is able to open the door with one of the jailer's keys.

An area along the south wall is enclosed in a cage of thick iron bars that extend from floor to ceiling. Within the enclosure sit seven black iron chests. To the north, the stone wall has collapsed, revealing a rough-hewn tunnel.

This room looks like it's the treasury that the imp mentioned to you.


M Halfling unchained rogue (knife master) 1 |hp 10/10 | AC16, T 14, FF 13 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB -2 (+2 dirty trick); CMD 11 | I+5, P+4

Ragnar, Ragnar me ol mucker, Polly was tellin' the truth- be'old by Abadar, the treasury! Halders puts his arm around the dwarf and ushers him into the room first.
the good baron wills we plunder it!


Female Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1|| HP 12/12 (12/12 nonlethal) || AC 16/13 Tch/13 FF || F+3 R+4 W+0 || CMB +2 CMD 15/12 FF ||Init +4 || Perception +0

Shondra steps very carefully into the treasury, bow at the ready. She doesn't trust the words of the raven.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Cleric 1

"Steady on there Stickyfingers! Let's make sure we are alone before grabbing the treasure."
Ragnar looks around the room cautiously before inspecting the cage. looking for a way to get at the treasure chests.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Psychic Searcher Enlightened Philosopher Lore Oracle VMC Magus (1) Wounds (0) HP (11) AC (18/14/14) CMD (13) Saves (2/4/3) Initiative (+4) Lvl 1 (3/3)

”Grumbeard is right. Rushing now will just rush us into a trap, and the treasure isn’t going anywhere.”

Shadow Lodge

Ragnar finds a slot on either side of the cage in the floor. They have a long diamond shape, kind of like a dagger blade would fit into them. He also hears something approaching from the tunnel to the north.

You have time to move elsewhere before it gets here - I've moved you all into the room but can re-position yourselves.


Female Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1|| HP 12/12 (12/12 nonlethal) || AC 16/13 Tch/13 FF || F+3 R+4 W+0 || CMB +2 CMD 15/12 FF ||Init +4 || Perception +0

Shondra flattens against the north wall, bow aimed at the opening on the north wall.


M Halfling unchained rogue (knife master) 1 |hp 10/10 | AC16, T 14, FF 13 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB -2 (+2 dirty trick); CMD 11 | I+5, P+4

Halders ignores the noises up the passage and is at Ragnar's elbow quicker than fat spitting in a pan;
The good baron's an ol sly dog, 'iding 'is loot behind a lock. No matter, we'll make short work ov it

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

He eyes the openings, I 'ave a 'eap of daggers that could fit in there

Shadow Lodge

A humanoid creature with long, sharp teeth, and pallid flesh stretched tightly over its starved frame appears at the entrance to the tunnel, it appears to be injured but hungry enough to attack you despite this.

Initiative Rolls:
Galessa: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Halders: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Shondra: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Ludvic: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Ragnar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Monster: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

18 Shondra
14 Halders

13 Monster
12 Ragnar
11 Galessa

Shondra and Halders can act now.


Female Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1|| HP 12/12 (12/12 nonlethal) || AC 16/13 Tch/13 FF || F+3 R+4 W+0 || CMB +2 CMD 15/12 FF ||Init +4 || Perception +0

Shondra puts an arrow into flight almost before she even sees the creature.

Longbow Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21 +1 for PB Shot
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 +1 for PB Shot


Psychic Searcher Enlightened Philosopher Lore Oracle VMC Magus (1) Wounds (0) HP (11) AC (18/14/14) CMD (13) Saves (2/4/3) Initiative (+4) Lvl 1 (3/3)

Looking on in fear, Galessa muttered ”Coming here was a calculated risk. I just wish we were better at math.”

Shadow Lodge

Shondras arrow strikes the creature hard, it's still standing but looks to be very weak now.


M Halfling unchained rogue (knife master) 1 |hp 10/10 | AC16, T 14, FF 13 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB -2 (+2 dirty trick); CMD 11 | I+5, P+4

Halders' stamps his foot annoyed at the noise- Will you please shut up, i'm tryin to secure us loot!

Halders turns, spies the stumbling creature and moves up behind Shondra, two mithral blades out;
stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Shadow Lodge

Perception:
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

The creature charges at Shondra and bites at her.

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

...but fails to hit in it's weakened state.

18 Shondra
14 Halders
13 Monster -?hp, -2AC (charged)
12 Ragnar
11 Galessa

Ragnar and Galessa can act now and then Shondra/Halders.

301 to 339 of 339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.