Brrrrr! ... It's Cold Out for a Summer's Day ... with DM Deevor

Game Master Deevor

Reign of Winter (continuing GM Deadly Secret's Game)

Reign of Winter Slides

GM Deadly Secret's game for Reign of Winter


1 to 50 of 186 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Last entry from the old game

Smarting after taking some wounds the small creature takes to the air with a derogatory hiss and flies off dodging through the snow laden boughs of trees and away into the snowy landscape. A small high pitched voice is carried on the wind as it moves, "Until we meet a..g..a..i..n......" You strain your eyes as you try to follow it's path into the ever darkening forest, as the afternoon fades into twilight and soon the blackness of night will envelope the heroes of Heldren.

Creature withdraws....


Male Half Elf(Kindred raised) Oracle(Ancient Lorekeeper) HP 19/19 | AC 16 tch 2 FF 14 | CMD 13/FF 11 | F 3 R 2 W 4(5 vs charm/compulsion)

Dot


Male Human (Ulfen/Taldan) Skald 2: [HP: -5/17] [AC:16 T:12 F:14][CMB +4, CMD 15 ] [ Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3] [Init:+6, Percep:+4] [Rage: 7/7]
Active Effects:
Deafened

"Damn that cursed creature! That's twice it's gotten away!"


Male NG Human Investigator (Antiquarian) 2 | HP 12/17 | AC 16 (20 w/ shield) T 12 FF 14 (18 w/ shield) | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3; +1 vs. evil arcane spellcasters; +2 vs. curse descriptor | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (+6 to find traps), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

"No doubt, the third time will be the charm."

Liberty's Edge

HP 1/14 | AC14 tch14 FF11 | CMD15/FF12 | F+3 R+3 W+4 | | Init+7 | BAB:1,MAB:+2,RAB:+5 | Knowledge(Arcana)+8,(Nature)+7 | Perception+11 | Spellcraft+8 | Stealth+8 | Cold Resistance 2

Rerdahl glances at Vyr, knowing he'd never be able to run down such a creature. But maybe next time.... "I hope so."

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

After a short rest, the party trudge onwards through the forest and the snow. The light starts to dim as late afternoon moves towards twilight, the forerunner of the black and silent snow bound night.

To move on or to stop and search for a camp?
Survival roll to see how good you are at camping.


Gozrym Trygve | Male N Medium (Ulfen) Human Bloodrager (greenrager) 2 | HP 26/22 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 16| F +6 (+9) R +2 W +1 (+3) | Init +1 | Low-Light Vision, Perc +5 | Speed 40ft | Bloodrage 6/8 | Active Conditions: rage, fast healing 1.

"We should find some shelter,"

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Human (Ulfen/Taldan) Skald 2: [HP: -5/17] [AC:16 T:12 F:14][CMB +4, CMD 15 ] [ Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3] [Init:+6, Percep:+4] [Rage: 7/7]
Active Effects:
Deafened

"I agree, we need to make camp."

Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8


Male NG Human Investigator (Antiquarian) 2 | HP 12/17 | AC 16 (20 w/ shield) T 12 FF 14 (18 w/ shield) | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3; +1 vs. evil arcane spellcasters; +2 vs. curse descriptor | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (+6 to find traps), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Survial to aid: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Liberty's Edge

HP 1/14 | AC14 tch14 FF11 | CMD15/FF12 | F+3 R+3 W+4 | | Init+7 | BAB:1,MAB:+2,RAB:+5 | Knowledge(Arcana)+8,(Nature)+7 | Perception+11 | Spellcraft+8 | Stealth+8 | Cold Resistance 2

Guess I should've read here first? So Survival aid?

Survival aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Hmm.... Good thing we're burning those really crappy rolls now!

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

The snowbound travelling group continue on slowly through the forested valley, looking for a place to set up camp for the night. They find a depression in the snow covered ground giving some protection from the biting winds that swirl between the trees. Digging into the snow, uncovers the hard frosted earth, the hole makes for a fire pit. It takes minutes for the wood to take, but when it does the fire flicks flames of orange and yellow, shedding a little warmth and light in the area. Ragnar and Gozrym are able to find some small animal tracks and return with a couple of cold hares for the pot, to supplement the meat cut from the giant weasel. Together you huddle around the fire, enjoying the meat and the grease that catches in various beards, as you discuss the challenges of the day. Your grim faces smile as your take the opportunity to settle in relative safety for the night.

But the smiles are soon changed to frowns and looks of dismay as you hear the sound of a deep resounding roar and the crashing of trees somewhere in the blackness of night, somewhere in the dark winter forest. Kilava's hackles rise as the cat's nose points skywards and twitches. Thankful the watch has not started, you look at each other, deciding what to do.

I have placed you and the fire on the map, the fire illuminates the area centred on the fire for 20ft, 40ft in dim light, except where the fallen tree offers you some protection and cover, where light only offers 10ft light and 10 ft dim light with the shadows created by the tree.

Please can you all roll 5 perception rolls, these will be used when I require a perception check or ask me to use a 10 for all these rolls, you can always ask to do a perception check when you want to roll one, e.g. searching a room for a secret door etc.

DM Deevor:

1d100 ⇒ 19
1d100 ⇒ 72
1d100 ⇒ 1
1d100 ⇒ 87

1d100 ⇒ 87.... 1d20 ⇒ 19
1d100 ⇒ 4.... 1d20 ⇒ 10

1d100 ⇒ 97
1d100 + 1d100 ⇒ (11) + (40) = 51
1d100 ⇒ 31
1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 17

1d100 ⇒ 5
1d20 ⇒ 17


Gozrym Trygve | Male N Medium (Ulfen) Human Bloodrager (greenrager) 2 | HP 26/22 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 16| F +6 (+9) R +2 W +1 (+3) | Init +1 | Low-Light Vision, Perc +5 | Speed 40ft | Bloodrage 6/8 | Active Conditions: rage, fast healing 1.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"Hmm. Sounds big."

Gozrym readies his shield and sword, then ducks behind a tree, hoping to ambush the creature if it approaches.

Stealth: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Liberty's Edge

HP 1/14 | AC14 tch14 FF11 | CMD15/FF12 | F+3 R+3 W+4 | | Init+7 | BAB:1,MAB:+2,RAB:+5 | Knowledge(Arcana)+8,(Nature)+7 | Perception+11 | Spellcraft+8 | Stealth+8 | Cold Resistance 2

Rerdahl slips over by the tree for cover and to get away from the light. He has darkvision and might see something coming before he is spotted.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Hmm... That's farther than I thought when I read it. Half movement speed for the terrain? If not, please move me the other 10' toward the fallen tree.


Male Human (Ulfen/Taldan) Skald 2: [HP: -5/17] [AC:16 T:12 F:14][CMB +4, CMD 15 ] [ Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3] [Init:+6, Percep:+4] [Rage: 7/7]
Active Effects:
Deafened

Hearing the noise, Ragnar stands with his scythe in his hand and casts Dancing Lights about 20' from the fire in the direction the noise came from.

The light will take a humanoid shape.

Perception Checks:

Perception 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Perception 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Perception 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Perception 4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Perception 5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

The wind blows flicking up snow in swirls. An eerie silence descends, just the cracking of wood on the fire as the spots of burning red and orange ash rise upwards is all that disturbs your concentration on the distance.

Straining your eyes, two small dark shadows quickly move out from the darkness of the forest edge, before disappearing into a deeper black.


We are not in initiative order or rounds ...... yet.....
Red arrow the direction from which the sounds came.
The man shape is the dancing lights.

Darkvision:

The creatures silhouette is that of smallish dogs with a big tail.


Male Half Elf(Kindred raised) Oracle(Ancient Lorekeeper) HP 19/19 | AC 16 tch 2 FF 14 | CMD 13/FF 11 | F 3 R 2 W 4(5 vs charm/compulsion)

”Well, looks like that’s gone, whatever it was” Andrei commented, ”I expect we’ll need to be careful tonight.”


Male NG Human Investigator (Antiquarian) 2 | HP 12/17 | AC 16 (20 w/ shield) T 12 FF 14 (18 w/ shield) | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3; +1 vs. evil arcane spellcasters; +2 vs. curse descriptor | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (+6 to find traps), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Moving forward a bit to get the fire at his back, Vyr squints at the moving shadows and whispers to the group, "Looks like a small dog, but with a large tail."

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Another loud roar is heard from the forest again, a roar of frustration. It seems to be nearer, but nothing comes into view just yet. Vyr points into the dark distance. He reports seeing an extremely large creature moving after the foxes, he watches as it stops and raises it's head as though sniffing, then roars again. As it roars Vyr can make out that under the thick coat of fur, ripples of muscles in its arms impress upon him the great strength of the creature. Vyr sees the small pin pricks of intense light, that are its eyes.

You hear a slight whistling of the wind and powdered snow rises into the air before being deposited feet away.

It is just over 100ft away .....

Darkvision only - Knowledge(Nature) DC=14:

The creature is a mythical creature of the snow, A YETI. An extremely dangerous clawed beast of the cold mountains, which when it looks at you can leave you defenceless to its attacks.

Liberty's Edge

HP 1/14 | AC14 tch14 FF11 | CMD15/FF12 | F+3 R+3 W+4 | | Init+7 | BAB:1,MAB:+2,RAB:+5 | Knowledge(Arcana)+8,(Nature)+7 | Perception+11 | Spellcraft+8 | Stealth+8 | Cold Resistance 2

Rerdahl stays in the branches of the fallen tree, content now with hiding, watching and listening.

Stealth?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Rerdahl is almost hidden from outside the tree, only the slight shaking of the branches gives any indication as to his presence.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Will roll for Vyr Know(nature) to move us on ...
Knowledge(Nature) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 -- others can read the spoiler ...


Male NG Human Investigator (Antiquarian) 2 | HP 12/17 | AC 16 (20 w/ shield) T 12 FF 14 (18 w/ shield) | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3; +1 vs. evil arcane spellcasters; +2 vs. curse descriptor | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (+6 to find traps), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

darkvision is only 60 ft . . .

In a stage whisper: "Gozrym, would you accompany me closer to get a look at whatever is making that racket?


Male Half Elf(Kindred raised) Oracle(Ancient Lorekeeper) HP 19/19 | AC 16 tch 2 FF 14 | CMD 13/FF 11 | F 3 R 2 W 4(5 vs charm/compulsion)

Andrei carefully remains silent, waiting to see if the creature chooses to attack or if the others wish to move towards it.


Male Human (Ulfen/Taldan) Skald 2: [HP: -5/17] [AC:16 T:12 F:14][CMB +4, CMD 15 ] [ Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3] [Init:+6, Percep:+4] [Rage: 7/7]
Active Effects:
Deafened

Ragnar leans over quietly to Vyr, "Where do you see the movement? I can move the light that way." Ragnar will move the dancing light in the direction Vyr tells him.


Gozrym Trygve | Male N Medium (Ulfen) Human Bloodrager (greenrager) 2 | HP 26/22 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 16| F +6 (+9) R +2 W +1 (+3) | Init +1 | Low-Light Vision, Perc +5 | Speed 40ft | Bloodrage 6/8 | Active Conditions: rage, fast healing 1.

Gozrym ventures into the twilight, following the light that Ragnar directs.

"There were times when I could approach almost any creature in this forest, day or night, but strange magic moves everything now."

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Out of the darkness a large creature ambles, roaring and sniffing the air, its eyes glowing, it stares at the humanoid shaped lights. It seems confused or transfixed by the lights, it approaches cautiously as though trying to scare the lights away.

In addition to the what you know already, you know that this creature can tear its enemies apart when it is able to land two hits with its claws. As a creature of extreme cold, it seems to fear fires and the damage they can do. It is intelligent, it is large, it is not an animal but a monstrous humanoid.

If you do not interact with the yeti, you have one round for your actions. If you interact, you are acting in the surprise round.

Initiatives:

Andrei 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Gozrym 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Ragnar 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Rerdahl 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Vyr 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Human (Ulfen/Taldan) Skald 2: [HP: -5/17] [AC:16 T:12 F:14][CMB +4, CMD 15 ] [ Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3] [Init:+6, Percep:+4] [Rage: 7/7]
Active Effects:
Deafened

On his action, Ragnar will move the dancing light toward the yeti and inspire rage.

Inspired Rage:
Affected allies gain a +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution and a +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws, but also take a –1 penalty to AC. While under the effects of inspired rage, allies other than the skald cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.


Male NG Human Investigator (Antiquarian) 2 | HP 12/17 | AC 16 (20 w/ shield) T 12 FF 14 (18 w/ shield) | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3; +1 vs. evil arcane spellcasters; +2 vs. curse descriptor | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (+6 to find traps), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Vyr pulls out a charm with the symbol of Kurgess on it, and draws on its power to enlarge Gozrym.

it's a full round cast, so Goz, please stay close!

Liberty's Edge

HP 1/14 | AC14 tch14 FF11 | CMD15/FF12 | F+3 R+3 W+4 | | Init+7 | BAB:1,MAB:+2,RAB:+5 | Knowledge(Arcana)+8,(Nature)+7 | Perception+11 | Spellcraft+8 | Stealth+8 | Cold Resistance 2

Seeing the team apparently moving to get the attention of the beast Rardahl moves carefully behind the group and uses his protective hex on the most forward one.

Moving closer behind Vyr and using Protective Luck on him, just in case the beast charges.... Any attack requiring a roll to hit has to roll twice and use the lowest.


Male Half Elf(Kindred raised) Oracle(Ancient Lorekeeper) HP 19/19 | AC 16 tch 2 FF 14 | CMD 13/FF 11 | F 3 R 2 W 4(5 vs charm/compulsion)

Andrei draws his starknife and moves up.

Kilava moves up.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

I moved Gozrym out of the tree to join his comrades, if Gozrym objects then please move back to tree and move.
Preparation Round Enlarge cast, inspired rage and protective luck all active, see google map.

GM:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

The beast claws twice through the lighted figure, as it stares into the light. Confused as the claws pass through the light it roars out in disappointment. It sniffs the air once more and twitches as it recognises a scent in the air.

You all have surprise on the beast, we are now in rounds.
Snow is difficult terrain, unless you have some aid or other then each square costs double movement.


Male NG Human Investigator (Antiquarian) 2 | HP 12/17 | AC 16 (20 w/ shield) T 12 FF 14 (18 w/ shield) | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3; +1 vs. evil arcane spellcasters; +2 vs. curse descriptor | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (+6 to find traps), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Vyr enlarges Gozrym, and then moves behind him, not at all in a cowering or fearful way.


Gozrym Trygve | Male N Medium (Ulfen) Human Bloodrager (greenrager) 2 | HP 26/22 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 16| F +6 (+9) R +2 W +1 (+3) | Init +1 | Low-Light Vision, Perc +5 | Speed 40ft | Bloodrage 6/8 | Active Conditions: rage, fast healing 1.

Gozrym will accept the inspired rage and ready an action to attack the creature if it comes in his (increased) reach.

Readied Attack
Enlarged, Raging
scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 for CI/slashing: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
crit?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 for CI/slashing: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Liberty's Edge

HP 1/14 | AC14 tch14 FF11 | CMD15/FF12 | F+3 R+3 W+4 | | Init+7 | BAB:1,MAB:+2,RAB:+5 | Knowledge(Arcana)+8,(Nature)+7 | Perception+11 | Spellcraft+8 | Stealth+8 | Cold Resistance 2

Slightly surprised and possibly amused at the switch in positions, Rerdahl struggles to move closer to the now giant man and switches his protective hex to him.

Moving (slowly) and switching Protective Luck to Gozrym.


Male Human (Ulfen/Taldan) Skald 2: [HP: -5/17] [AC:16 T:12 F:14][CMB +4, CMD 15 ] [ Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3] [Init:+6, Percep:+4] [Rage: 7/7]
Active Effects:
Deafened

Ragnar maintains Inspired Rage and double moves up next to Gozrym (2 squares to the right of Andrei). The dancing light will move a full circle around the Yeti.


Male Half Elf(Kindred raised) Oracle(Ancient Lorekeeper) HP 19/19 | AC 16 tch 2 FF 14 | CMD 13/FF 11 | F 3 R 2 W 4(5 vs charm/compulsion)

Since the creature apparently fears fire, Andrei takes out an Alchemist's Fire and throws it at the enemy in an effort to scare it off, then takes a 5-foot step.

Attack vs Touch: 1d20 + 3 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 2 - 4 = 16
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

If attack is successful, enemy takes an additional 1d6 fire damage next round, unless it spends a full round action extinguishing the flames by making a DC 15 ref save

Kilava moves five feet, and readies an action to attack if the enemy comes into melee range.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Andrei attack causes damage

Rydahl Prot Luck on Gozrym

Vyr completes enlarging Gozrym

Gozrym waits for Gozrym to complete his spell and crits the yeti

Ragnar moves and continues Inspired Rage

Andrei swiftly throws a flask of alchemists fire at the great big creature, setting it's fur alight, causing it to roar uncontrollably and acknowledge for the first time the humans standing before it. But it is too late, before it could blink, Gozrym cuts it deeply into its exposed side. The weapon seemingly intent on drawing the life blood from the creature, greedy for more. The yeti's white coat is covered in blood, but it still stands before you as looks ready to strike, its eyes full of malice.

Andrei and Kilava are up are next

Combat Tracker:

Round 1
==============
Andrei 19.02
Kilava 19.03
Yeti 18.01
Rerdahl 14.06
Vyr 11.06
Gozrym 17.01 - delayed for spell completion.
Ragnar 08.06


Male Half Elf(Kindred raised) Oracle(Ancient Lorekeeper) HP 19/19 | AC 16 tch 2 FF 14 | CMD 13/FF 11 | F 3 R 2 W 4(5 vs charm/compulsion)

Andrei takes out another Alchemist's Fire as he moves forward and throws it at the enemy.

Ranged Attack vs touch: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 4 - 2 = 9
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

If attack is successful, enemy takes an additional 1d6 fire damage next round, unless it spends a full round action extinguishing the flames by making a DC 15 ref save

Kilava moves up and readies an attack in case the enemy enters her range.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

With the yeti bearing down on his friends, Andrei's aim is shaky and the vial of fire shoots past the yeti and as it flares up, it almost immediately is extinguished in the snow.

The yeti hurting from the damage from Gozrym's scimitar, as it ducks from Andrei's fire, is unable to hit Gozrym with either of it's sharp claws.

Andrei misses with his attack.
Yeti misses with his attacks Thanks to Protective Luck and takes damage from the remnants of the fire from the surprise round.

You are all up again, Andrei and Kilava will be in the 2nd Round.

Combat Tracker:

Round 1
==============
Andrei 19.02 - acted
Kilava 19.03 - acted
Yeti 18.01 - acted
Rerdahl 14.06
Vyr 11.06
Gozrym 17.01 - delayed for spell completion.
Ragnar 08.06

Yeti attack:

Protective Luck - Gozrym
Claw 1 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 plus cold damage 1d6 ⇒ 6
Claw 1 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 plus cold damage 1d6 ⇒ 4

Protective Luck - Gozrym
Claw 2 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 plus cold damage 1d6 ⇒ 1
Claw 2 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 plus cold damage 1d6 ⇒ 6

GM Screen:

1d6 ⇒ 1

Liberty's Edge

HP 1/14 | AC14 tch14 FF11 | CMD15/FF12 | F+3 R+3 W+4 | | Init+7 | BAB:1,MAB:+2,RAB:+5 | Knowledge(Arcana)+8,(Nature)+7 | Perception+11 | Spellcraft+8 | Stealth+8 | Cold Resistance 2

Rerdahl stays back and renews the Protective hex on the bug human.

Just renewing Protective Luck on Gozrym. Don't have the cackle hex yet....


Male Human (Ulfen/Taldan) Skald 2: [HP: -5/17] [AC:16 T:12 F:14][CMB +4, CMD 15 ] [ Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3] [Init:+6, Percep:+4] [Rage: 7/7]
Active Effects:
Deafened

Ragnar steps up to the yeti and swings his scythe at the creature.

Scythe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12


Gozrym Trygve | Male N Medium (Ulfen) Human Bloodrager (greenrager) 2 | HP 26/22 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 16| F +6 (+9) R +2 W +1 (+3) | Init +1 | Low-Light Vision, Perc +5 | Speed 40ft | Bloodrage 6/8 | Active Conditions: rage, fast healing 1.

Gozrym attacks again.

Enlarged, Raging
scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 for CI/slashing: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
critical?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 for CI/slashing: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Vyr looks on as Gozrym once again slashes a deep wound into the Yeti's flesh. The creature suddenly turns as Ragnar approaches with his glinting scimitar. Despite it's near debilitating wounds, it strikes out a claw that gouges into Ragnar's side, drawing blood and frozen flesh from the brave man. However through the pain Ragnar is able to get close enough to bury his scythe into the creatures heart, as it falls before him. A silence falls on the frozen forest once more as the group take their breaths and look at each other. Red stained snow surrounds the yeti, as its body lies lifeless in front of you. The group of adventurers sigh collectively, ready to decide what to do next.

Gozrym hits the creature normally

Yeti Attack of Opportunity hits Ragnar, no 5ft step in deep snow.

Ragnar drops the creature with a solid hit. Ragnar takes 5 points of normal damage and 1 point of cold damage, (I have taken cold resistance into account)

Combat over

GM Screen:

AoO Claw attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 and 1d6 ⇒ 3 cold damage.


Male Half Elf(Kindred raised) Oracle(Ancient Lorekeeper) HP 19/19 | AC 16 tch 2 FF 14 | CMD 13/FF 11 | F 3 R 2 W 4(5 vs charm/compulsion)

"Right, so that's dealt with," Andrei said, "Now, I believe we were planning to rest?"

Cure Light Wounds on Ragnar: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Gozrym Trygve | Male N Medium (Ulfen) Human Bloodrager (greenrager) 2 | HP 26/22 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 16| F +6 (+9) R +2 W +1 (+3) | Init +1 | Low-Light Vision, Perc +5 | Speed 40ft | Bloodrage 6/8 | Active Conditions: rage, fast healing 1.

As Gozrym returns to his accustomed size, he scratches his head.

"Never have I seen such a beast in these woods."


Male Half Elf(Kindred raised) Oracle(Ancient Lorekeeper) HP 19/19 | AC 16 tch 2 FF 14 | CMD 13/FF 11 | F 3 R 2 W 4(5 vs charm/compulsion)

"It does seem to be a time for strange creatures," Andrei agreed.


Male NG Human Investigator (Antiquarian) 2 | HP 12/17 | AC 16 (20 w/ shield) T 12 FF 14 (18 w/ shield) | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3; +1 vs. evil arcane spellcasters; +2 vs. curse descriptor | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (+6 to find traps), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Vyr gets closer to examine the beast, looking in its mouth, eyes, ears, and prodding other parts of its body. All time making small sounds, like "Hmmm. . . . Interesting . . . My goodness . . . ."


Male Human (Ulfen/Taldan) Skald 2: [HP: -5/17] [AC:16 T:12 F:14][CMB +4, CMD 15 ] [ Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3] [Init:+6, Percep:+4] [Rage: 7/7]
Active Effects:
Deafened

Ragnar thanks Andrei for the healing and turns his attention to the yeti, "Strange times indeed. I've heard stories of these creatures only from those that have traveled north of Kalsgard. That portal needs to be dealt with if it's starting to let in creatures like this as well as the fey. Though we still need to rest first."

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Once the excitement has died down, the group get down to the mundane task of getting ready to camp for the night. Setting watches and otherwise trying to recover from the day's exertions. The fire is the only source of warmth as the temperature drops and the night turns black and quiet. In the distance there are howls, carried on the wind, but they do not disturb those asleep.

First Vyr and Ragnar tend to the fire, watch their breath freeze in front of them, but none the less keep watch over their companions.
Rerdahl, Gozrym, Andrei and Kilava get 4 hours sleep or meditation.

Rerdahl and Gozrym take the second watch, listening to the crackle of the fire, watching the embers glow bright. but none the less keep watch over their companions.
Vyr, Ragnar, Andrei and Kilava get 4 hours sleep or meditation. Andrei and Kilava are rested, gain 2HPs back and spells etc restored for the day.

It is now deep into the night, Andrei and Kilava wait patiently for the darkness to make way to the light of dawn.
Andrei Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Kilava Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

A blast of freezing cold air rips over the sleeping forms of Gozrym, Ragnar, Rerdahl and Vyr. Such is the blast, Gozrym, Ragnar and Rerdahl have never felt such cold before Each of you take 1 point of cold damage (already adjusted) and are sickened for 3 rounds, no reflex save as you are sleeping. Gozrym, Ragnar, Rerdahl and Vyr are all prone and unarmed. Kilvana and Andrei look up from their watch to see the small flying creature you have fought twice before, breathing over the waking bodies.

Just as suddenly the camp fire flares up, red, orange and yellow embers rising into the sky, swirling around, faster and faster. In a second, the logs that make up the fire are flung into the air, tossed on strong whirling winds, a small localised tornado snuffs out the fire. The camp is in darkness, the sounds of burning logs sinking into the snow and being extinguished with a hiss.

In the darkness the wind lessens, to just a slight whisper of a breeze, yet in the darkness Ragnar feels the wind crash against his chest, crushing his lungs as he struggles for breath 3 points damage, before it passes again on it's way.

From out of the darkness words of magic can be heard through the breeze as suddenly Andrei is bombarded by two shocking bolts of death, 8 points of damage to Andrei.

Surprise round - Whirlwind puts out the fire, plunging the area in darkness. Cold blast catches sleepers unawares causing some to be damaged and sickened.

Round 1 - the whirlwind stops and you hear a slight wind that buffets Ragnar as is passes, doing 3 points of damage.

Round 1 - the small flying creature casts Magic Missile at Andrei for 8 points of damage.

GM Screen:

Iozoze Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Cold friend 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Cold Blast 1d4 ⇒ 3
Cold friend slam 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
MM1 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
MM2 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Player Initiatives:

Andrei 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Kilvana 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Gozrym 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 2 = 6
Ragnar 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 17
Rerdahl 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 2 = 9
Vyr 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Combat Tracker:

Round 1 - difficult terrain in the snow
Izoze - actioned
CF - actioned
Vyr (prone, unarmed)
Kilvana (guarding, so can act without instruction from Andrei, can't see in the dark)
Andrei (can't see in the dark)
Ragnar (prone, unarmed, sickened(1), can't see in the dark )
Rerdahl (prone, unarmed, sickened(1))
Gozrym (prone, unarmed, sickened(1), can't see in the dark)


Male Human (Ulfen/Taldan) Skald 2: [HP: -5/17] [AC:16 T:12 F:14][CMB +4, CMD 15 ] [ Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3] [Init:+6, Percep:+4] [Rage: 7/7]
Active Effects:
Deafened

Ragnar wakes with a start as he's blasted with cold then curses as he realizes what is going on. He stands up and casts dancing lights around where the now smoldering fire pit is.

1 to 50 of 186 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Brrrrr! ... It's Cold Out for a Summer's Day All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.