[PbP Gameday VIII][SFS 2-03] The Withering World (GM Gustavef)

Game Master Andrew Harasty

PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps


51 to 100 of 285 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

mysticism: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

I should have guessed that you are representing the Cult of the Devourer. Well ... as a representative of Sarenrae, I am honour bound to protect this planet and prevent harm from coming to it's people. So ... whatever destructive plan that you have ... you will be stopped.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

The Drow smiles. "Well your Fire god will just have to let it go." She then says a command in Quorlu

Quorlu or Culutre DC 15:

The raise their pistols

Initiative:

Init, Gulkyn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Init, AMOSU: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Init, Domak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Init, Gaelin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Init, The Analog Affair: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Init, Gus: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Init, Raval (drow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Init, Quorlus Cultist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Gaelin spends a few moments suttering that Serenrae is not a Fire god, but the Dwanflower. While pointing out the difference the rest of the party can react before the Drow and the cultist shoot.

Status Card wrote:

CONTACT -- Current Time (0:00)

Group conditions:
Round 1

Gulkyn
AMOSU
Domak
The Analog Affair
Gus

Raval -- dmg
Quorlus, Blule -- dmg
Quorlus, Red -- dmg

Gaelin

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Gulkyn grabs his mote with one hand and a black energy swirls around his fist. With another hand he takes a shot at drow as he advances on them.

Photon attuning, moving up 30', shooting at the drow.

Laser pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 for Fire dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 4 or not

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

The Analog Affair's eyes focus on the Drow and her quorlu allies, his head unmoving. As they begin to raise their weapons, the android says, "An analog solution is the answer, I deduce." His hands grip the butts of his two Dendrik 5G tactical semi-automatic pistols in their holsters.

/activate violence subroutines ...processing ...processing ...

subroutines error error error anomaly anomaly subr%%%ines over%%ri%%e error err%% er%%r zkzhhhdhdsssssskdkdkd*&#^%#% Oh shut up, you machine t&+#. You wanted violence "subroutines", you got 'em!

The two semi-auto pistols fall into The Analog Affair's hands and he explodes into motion, sprinting forward and screaming,

"THE BLACK IS BACK, B+#@@ES! A BLAST FROM THE PAST TO MURDER-HOBO YOU INTO THE F%+$ING AFTERLIFE! WOOOOOHOOOOO!"

The Analog Affair throws both arms forward as he sprints, a crazed grin on his face, showing his teeth like a striking predator. The suddenly fluid and naturally-moving android aims the muzzles of his pistols directly at the drow and her allies.

"I'M GONNA CAP YOU LIKE I DID YOUR FRIENDS IN THE DARKLANDS, YOU EBONY S+$~! EAT HOLLOW POINT, F$$~ER!"

<BLAM!>: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR REPAIRMAN GUY?" shouts The Analog Affair over his shoulder at Gus. "KILLIN' TO BE DONE AND THESE ALIEN THREE-EYED BLOBS AIN'T GONNA PLASTER THEIR OWN BRAINS ALL OVER THE WALLS!"

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

Gaelin doesn't know what to be more surprised at - the drow's ignorance of Sarenrae or Analog Affair's sudden personality shift. Probably the latter.

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

AMOSU continues to calmly address the Drow as tensions begin to flare, "Out of respect for all sentient life I offer all of you this opportunity to surrender. Failure to comply in 5 seconds will result in continued aggression... 4 seconds... 3...”

It's gaze shifts slightly and eyes widen at Analog's sudden change in demeanor. Hmmm... Analog is better at processing such interactions. it whispers to itself before continuing, "You have 2 seconds to comply a$$hats." It then turns to the Quorlu that accomplanied them, "Please, I mean no disrespect to you or your people. We truly are non-violent."

It draws its rifle and locks its targeting system onto the Drow.

Move action draw weapon, move action targeting system.

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

Who is "Domak" in the initiative order?

Wayfinders

Male Human Mechanic 1 (Roboticist) SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 EAC 13 KAC 14 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Init +1 Perception +5

Gus simply stares at The Analog Affair-12, an incredulous look across his face. Without breaking eye contact with the android, Gus signals RAY.

Calmly, he speaks into his comms, "Ray, move and target the drow."

RAY moves and fires his laser.

RAY to hit, fire damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
fire damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Finally, Gus scoots away to try to find cover and move a bit closer.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

Domak is the character that dropped. I still had them in my prep sheet

The Boustrous Analog Affair solidly hits with his pistol. But everyone elses shots go wide.

The Drow move forward and levels her thunder strike pistol at Analog
Raval, Sonic Pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 v EAC
Sonic Pistol Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 So

The blast just hitting the android

The two cultist fire their pistols at Gulkyn
Quorlus Auto Pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 v KAC
Quorlus Auto Pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 v KAC
Auto Pistol Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 P

One Bullet hits Gulkyn

Everyone is up

Status Card wrote:

CONTACT -- Current Time (0:00)

Group conditions:
Round 1

Gulkyn -- 5 SP dmg
AMOSU
The Analog Affair -- 7 SP Dmg
Gus
Gaelin

Raval -- 3 dmg
Quorlus, Blule -- dmg
Quorlus, Red -- dmg

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

"IS THAT ALL YOU GOT, DARK FUDGE?" roars The Analog Affair, his pistols constantly tracking the drow woman. As she lines up in his sights, juust right,

"DIE, YOU-"

BLAM! : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 4

"-S!%~-STAIN!"

BLAM! : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 4 possible Crit: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

Gaelin makes sure his arc pistol is set to 'Stun' and fires at the drow attack v EAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
electricity damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

.... and a bat falls from the ceiling

Wayfinders

Male Human Mechanic 1 (Roboticist) SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 EAC 13 KAC 14 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Init +1 Perception +5

Gus remains astounded by androids filthy mouth. His late wife would not be impressed. He, however, finds it hilarious.

Gus targets the Drow with his trusty pulsecaster rifle.

to hit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
nonlethal electrical damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

RAY remains in place and adjusts its aim, again targeting the drow.

to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
fire damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Scarab Sages

The foulmouthed andriod's first shot is wide, but the second one more than makes up for it, hitting her in the shoulder

Gustav's ray also burns the drow some more

Dr. Gaelin scares a bat.

Gulkyn and AMOSU can still act

Status Card wrote:

CONTACT -- Current Time (0:00)

Group conditions:
Round 1

Gulkyn -- 5 SP dmg
AMOSU
The Analog Affair -- 7 SP Dmg
Gus
Gaelin

Raval -- 13 dmg
Quorlus, Blule -- dmg
Quorlus, Red -- dmg

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

AMOSU alters its tactics, drawing its Arc Pistol as it strides forward while keeping the rifle close in its offhand. "You have failed to surrender, I will now begin using force. Surrender always remains an option."

It addresses Dr. Conway, "Is it possible to offer surrender to the Quorlu next to the elf? I have not sufficiently learned the verb use and syntax to do so myself."

After quickly confirming the Arc pistol is set to stun it fires on the drow.

Attack/EAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage/E-Nonlethal: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Crit Damage/E-Nonlethal: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Dang! Go Dicebot!

Seeing its shot land soundly it glances sidelong at Analog then back to the drow, "That is how we address a female who parents were not married at her birth and who copulates wildly with the the mothers of other people!" Whispering to its, I do hope I am acclimating these social norms appropriately...

Move action 30' ahead, draw pistol free with +1BAB; Standard attack

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Gulkyn continues charging forward and strikes at the drow with their enveloped fist.

Solar Weapon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage (B): 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9 + 1 E

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

The powerful stun of the arc pistol almost knock her down, but Gulkyn follows up and she collapses unconscious.

The the two Quorlus slightly enranged pull their knives and lunge at Gulkyn

Cultist Knife: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Cultist Knife: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Both cutting in to eh Witchwyrd

Knife Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Knife Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Everyone is back up

Status Card wrote:

CONTACT -- Current Time (0:00)

Group conditions:
Round 3

Gulkyn -- 14 SP dmg
AMOSU
The Analog Affair -- 7 SP Dmg
Gus
Gaelin

Raval -- DROPPED
Quorlus, Blule -- dmg
Quorlus, Red -- dmg

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

I'm guessing the two Quorlu moved to melee with Gulkyn? I didn't want to update the map without confirming.

AMOSU looks sorrowful as it switches its targeting system to one of the Quorlu RED. "Please, desist in your retaliation. It is not our intent to harm any species."

Once the lock is confirmed it fires.
Attack/EAC (RED): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage/E: Nonlethal: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Third round photon attuned. I assume the cultists have closed in close to me.

Gulkyn grins behind his mask before unleashing his stellar energy.

Supernova damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) = 10 Reflex save DC 13 for half damage

After the explosion, he consolidates some of the energy back around him. Move action to enable Dark Matter for DR 1/- for one turn.

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

"DIE, ALIEN F!@+ER!"' shouts The Analog Affair as he levels both guns at the left quorlu.

BLAM! : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 1

"YOU MAKE ME WANNA GO BACK TO THE SPIRE, JUST TO AVOID YOUR UGLY FACE!"

BLAM! : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

Reflex Blues: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Reflex Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Although dodging most of the flame, The Analog Affair damages one of them enough that they feel that death is not really a good idea for them right now and drop their knives and are actively surrendering.

With the cultists defeated, the local quorlus piece together that the Reddened Eye cultists are the real cause for the destruction at other colonies. They’re worried the researchers Cantor Alvreein was sending records to may also be in jeopardy.

You are able to meet with the rest of the settlement The leading quorlus request your assistance in fending off the Devourer cultists, who they believe to be acting across the planet in some massive scheme to corrupt the marker network and destroy Enereth-7.

You have a chance to ask any questions before heading back to the surface

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

AMOSU helps the Quorlu secure the drow and the cultists. "Query, what are the Reddened Eye cultists? Can you expand on the elf's concepts of a holy war and experiment?"

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

While the others question the quorlus, Gulkyn sits a few minutes to catch his breath and recover.

Spending an RP to recover stamina

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

The Analog Affair spins and looks around, checking to see if any other foes remain. He stares at the drow upon the ground, apparently not yet dead. He turns to the two quorlus.

"I dunno why we need to keep you two around, ya little t%*~s," he says, raising his pistols towards them. "Say hi to the Grey Lady for me. Tell her 'two more towards our deal.'"

The Analog Affair's brain sends neurotronic signals to his trigger fingers and --

zkzhhhdhdsssssskdkdkd subr%%%ines over%%ri%%e error anomaly anomaly

/engage antiviral agents... filtering subroutines
/error purged
/deactivate violence subroutine

The Analog Affair decides against killing the quorlus and holsters his weapons. His head rotates towards Dr. Conway and AMOSU, then towards Gulkyn and Gus.

"My apologies for any anomalous behavior during the preceding confrontation. My threat assessment and response subsystems require some tweaking. I recommend we continue AMOSU's interrogation and investigate this matter further."

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

Gaelin makes sure the cultists are stable and tends the wounds of the Quorlu.

I quite agree. I believe if there is a way to restore the balance and save this planet, we should do so. Do any of you require healing as well?"

And as for tbe Reddened Eye, have you ever heard of the Cult of the Devourer? They basically want to destroy everything.

Wayfinders

Male Human Mechanic 1 (Roboticist) SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 EAC 13 KAC 14 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Init +1 Perception +5

Gus gives The Analog Affair a warm, friendly pat on the back.

"You performed well! You were. . . .unusually expressive. Let me assure you that that's okay, but perhaps a self-diagnostic routine may be in order. I'm sure Dr. Conway can assist you further if you feel you require it."

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

I can try .. although in these cases, I would usually refer the patient to a trained psychologist, in this case, one specializing in androids in order that optimum care is received

Anyway ... we have an entire planet to attempt to save. Maybe we should find out what we should do next. The Quorlu have been working on trying to counteract the effects of the failing markers so they may have suggestions

He turns to the quorlu and speaks in Celestial. Do you have any suggestions on how we can help you fix this mess and restore Harmony

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

Cantor Alvreein and the other elders give you some information regarding some other menhirs that could be examined. Although they don't any specific solutions other than trying to stop any other Cultist that may be on the planet as well.

You relay the information back to VC Arvin and you get the following response:

Quote:

[b]Marker[/b

The quorlus have granted us permission to visit some of their sacred sites: Yaraesa’s markers. Said to hold the secrets of the universe, these ancient stone menhirs work in tandem to protect this planet from the nearby black hole. But something’s gone wrong. The quorlus say some of the markers are “out of harmony.” Our scans show that these divergent sites are surrounded by environmental and gravitational anomalies—violent storms, powerful earthquakes, and unpredictable fluctuations in gravity and radiation levels. I’m transmitting you coordinates to one of these divergent sites. The nearest safe landing zone is a few miles downhill. Travel to the menhir and figure out what’s wrong. Fix it if you can.

Making any preparations you need, you then take the Loreseeker to the coordinates.

The sky over Enereth-7 is a dusty gray-blue, lit by a large, orange sun. On the opposite horizon is the ever-present black hole—its invisible center framed plainly by its massive halo of white light. It’s chilly, and the dry air smells acrid. A series of rocky buttes and short soil-caked mesas bound together by green lies ahead, with transparent grass that makes a jingling sound in the breeze. The incline looks mild, but the rock appears sharp to the touch and the soft orange soil lays loosely on the ground.

This part has thin atmosphere so you will need to engage your environmental seals or take other precautions.

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

AMOSU records any information provided by the Quorlus. "Then you lack further details about these cultists? Or how a drow came to be here?" Shaking its head, it sorts through its pack, taking out several pieces of scanning equipment and other tools. "I am ready to begin an assessment of the anomalous areas and the menhirs."

It pauses, "Are the Quorlu able to communicate with us through our comm-units? It maybe useful to reference what baseline conditions are with our observations. Or perhaps one of studier constitution and higher education could travel with us?"

Environment protections will be turned on.

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

"An android psychology specialist will not be necessary, thank you," says The Analog Affair. "Let us travel immediately to the anomalous menhir Venture Captain Arvin has identified for us."

The Analog Affair activates his graphite carbon skin's environmental protections, checks his ammunition, pistols and tactical baton.

"Shall we embark?"

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Gulkyn grabs his pack and reviews the scans of the area once more before activating his environmental protections and heading out with the others.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

You start making your way from the landing site to the nearby menhir. However, the gravitational tides cause the ground to shift and crack.

Each character need to make an Acrobatics, Athletics, Perception, or Survival check to avoid falling in to a suddenly opening crevasse

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 You'd think a solarian would be better at dealing with gravitational tides...

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

AMOSU is caught off guard by the sudden shifts as it tries to begin surveying the menhir.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

"Most disconcerting..."

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

The Analog Affair leaps and jumps, as necessary, to avoid crevasses.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Wayfinders

Male Human Mechanic 1 (Roboticist) SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 EAC 13 KAC 14 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Init +1 Perception +5

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

While guiding others, Gulkyn and Gus both misstep and fall quickly opening sinkhole.

falling damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Piercing

You will also need to make a DC 10 Acobatics to avoid causing lingering damage and slowing down your landspeed by 10 ft

Uphill past the shifting ground, the flora becomes dense and diverse. Vibrant magenta flowers that grow on corkscrew stems with petals as thin as gossamer rest among the transparent grass. Trees in the area are thick and tall with gray, smooth bark and yellow leaves, draped in elastic vines.

A crevasse—20 feet deep, 30 feet across, and 60 feet long— blocks the PCs’ advance to their destination. Crystalline bugs carpet the bottom of the crevasse, reflecting the light as they move. A tree grows on each side of the crevasse, with a third toppled over, spanning the crevasse like a makeshift bridge

Engineering DC 12:

The ground is solid and the tree is firmly in place

Either Athletics or Acrobatics to cross here. Or Survival to find a different path

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

Engineering/DC 12: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

AMOSU looks at the fall tree, "Provided that you do not have sufficient difficulties balancing the tree should be stable enough to traverse." It takes a few steps onto the tree to show it's stability, then activates its internal jump jets and lightly bounces across. "If I can be of assistance to anyone or all crossing I am happy to do so."

Can fly 30' with average maneuverability, but need to land on something. I'll assist someone with low Athletics or Acro if I can. Acro is more likely to work, with +4 v. Ath +0.

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

"I will deploy a cable to assist in crossing the makeshift tree-bridge," says The Analog Affair.

He hands AMOSU one end of the cable, then ties the other around himself. He takes a five foot step onto the tree before activating his jump jets and flying to the other side.

Upon landing, he secures the cable to an outcropping on the far side of the crevasse.

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Gulkyn slips down the sinkhole, but quickly rights himself back up and out to relative safety.
--
Admiring the resourcefulness of his two android companions, Gulkyn grabs the cable to help him across.
Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

Nice Analog!

AMOSU firmly affixes the cable around its waist, and tests the cable before allowing the team to cross. "A simple and elegant solution Analog. It seems your subroutines related to social and physical problem solving are highly advanced."

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

Everyone will still need the checks, but the cable will add a bonus

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

Even with Jet Packs? Or any bonus for flying?

Wayfinders

Male Human Mechanic 1 (Roboticist) SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 EAC 13 KAC 14 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Init +1 Perception +5

Gus utilizes the cable to make it across.

Athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

Gaelin also uses the cable muttering something like "I'm a doctor, not an acrobat"

acrobatics: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

... and presumably falls into the crevasse, right on top of the colourful beetles. The words he said on the way down were not very repeatable.

Wayfinders

Male Human Mechanic 1 (Roboticist) SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 EAC 13 KAC 14 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Init +1 Perception +5

The Analog Affair-12 would repeat them. . . .

51 to 100 of 285 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VIII][SFS 2-03] The Withering World (GM Gustavef) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.