[PbP Gameday VIII][SFS 2-03] The Withering World (GM Gustavef)

Game Master Andrew Harasty

PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps


1 to 50 of 285 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

Gameplay to start Aug 23

Dot and delete for now

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

Shortly after the Starfinder exploration fleet enters Enereth-7’s orbit, Venture-Captain Arvin dispatches several starship crews to explore and map several regions of the planet. Arvin is assignsing you to identify the source of several mysterious radio emissions from the planet, which the Society has yet to interpret.

Starfinders, welcome to Enereth-7, a world that by all logic shouldn’t exist. The planet is the sole survivor of this solar system, precariously balanced between the sun and a black hole. Yes, you heard that right: a black hole maintains relative orbit in sync with Enereth-7, but appears to have no adverse effects on the world or the distant sun. As you might suspect, this is of extreme interest to the Starfinder Society, and you’re all here as part of a task force to discover what’s happening in this system.

While on the Loreseekr, a Pegasus-class starship, you then receive the following mission briefing.

Quote:

Contact

We’ve detected intermittent low frequency radio emissions from Enereth-7 since our arrival, but our current orbit makes these signals difficult to isolate from the background noise of nearby black hole. Plot a course into the planet’s atmosphere, and locate the source of these signals. Orbital scans haven’t detected any technology on the surface, but this could lead to a discovery about geological events, a distress beacon from a crashed ship, or even some clue about how this strange world works. In other words, keep an open mind and be prepared for anything.

You can take this time to introduce yourselves as you close to the plant Enereth-7

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

A tall androgenous android steps onto the ship, its skin is a pale blue and glowing shades of deeper blue and silver traces the circuits and lines just beneath its skin. In bass-montone it says, "Greetings, I am identified as AMOSU - Automated Maintenance & Operations Support Unit. I am please to assist with any technical needs you may require."

"An interesting system we're being sent to, so much to learn..." the android begins prattling on half to itself and half to anyone nearby about the physics potential behind such a phenomenon.

Physical Science roll to know more about the planet?

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

Make a roll to learn about the planet

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

After Automated Maintenance & Operations Support Unit introduces themselves, another android steps forward. He (it?) appears to be dressed for combat, even within the confines of the Loreseeker. While not armored (yet), the android sports a tactical baton across his back and two tactical semi-auto pistols in holsters strapped to his chest.

"My designation is The Analog Affair. I am the 12th iteration of this chassis. My primary role within missions for the Pathfinder Society is usually security and delivery of violence. Despite the skull and crossbones symbol tattooed upon my face, this iteration is not associated with the Besmaran faith." He pauses for a moment before saying, "Please excuse any anomalous behaviors during moments of conflict."

He then looks at each member of the team, his head turning to each person in turn, as he looks in their eyes. "It. Is. A. Pleasure. To. Meet. You."

After finishing the incredibly awkward felicitations, he steps closer to AMOSU and asks in a low voice, "Did I do that right? The New Iteration Socialization and Behavioral Expectation Guideblog (post 443f5A, entitled "Don't be Weird With Other Sentients"), suggests I should look directly at each person when greeting them. I wish this chassis' social subroutines carried over from iteration to iteration."

Any competent computers skill check:

Starfinder Society Membership Personnel Record 1676-701
Designation: The Analog Affair-12
Alternate Designations: none <current>; Nothing to Worry About-11 <previous>; The Black <unconfirmed> *anomalous data* *Gap data loss*
Associations: Acquisitives
Previous Associations: Free Captains; Besmaran clergy; various criminal; Golden League:Koridatsu; Apostae:Drow:Brevik

Summary: Male identified synthetic lifeform (type:bipedal humanoid android chassis 347856H768*hh45100-2) expressing unusual behavior patterns during sharp conflict. Calm and flat affect during non-violent interactions and collaborations with fellow sentients. Profession: Bounty hunter. Role: conflict resolution/violence. Age: 5

Detail:Personality - Previous military augmentations, although removed prior to new iteration, appear to have infected chassis OS, resulting in holdover violent tendencies. Unusual for a newly-souled iteration, subject has successfully channeled aggressive mental state into socially acceptable roles.

Detail:Personality:Anomolous - Subject has refused criminal association and adopted a neutral profession (i.e. bounty hunter) in which to express its violent tendencies.

Detail:Divine - Besmaran tattoo from previous iteration Nothing to Worry About-11 remains on subject’s face (left side, 5 centimeters vertically off center). No Besmaran contacts by/with subject recorded.

Detail:Previous - Prior iteration, Nothing to Worry About-11, performed mercenary and security roles within Pact Worlds criminal/corporate organizations (see entry: Golden League:Koridatsu 3344-BC-8867, see entry: Apostae:Drow:Brevik 4576XZ-98-UI).

Anomolous data:<comment=Guidance > Vid-record evidence showing dramatic personality/emotive shift in subject’s behavior during violent conflict. Suspect alternate personality/possession infecting chassis OS. Abyssal/Infernal probability: .05%. Lorespire analysis of vid-record (single) suggesting pre-Gap soul/personality possession (designation: “The Black”) UNSUBSTANTIATED. Probability: .0000000001%. Response to inquiries Pharasmin Cathedral:AbsalomStation: <pending> </comment=Guidance>

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

Physical Science: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 If it applies, theme Benefit - Reduce DC of Physical Science to recall knowledge about strange new worlds or features of space by 5.

AMOSU continues sharing information regarding the new world. Sharing info if roll was successful. It appears flustered when Analog Affair speaks to it, halting it's prattling dialog "My apologies, social interactions continue to perplex me. I believe the use of eye contact is highly appropriate. I find refraining from blinking also helpful, as blinking seems to correlate highly with confusion." It appears pleased with itself in helping a new teammate. Whispering back loudy, It has been brought to my attention during past missions that I may talk too much when providing information. Your assistance in moderating quantity of information shared without loss of quality would be greatly appreciated!" It continues to share information regarding previous assignments how other sentients reacted to its providing data or information.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

The world of Enereth-7 is a seemingly impossible planet, the sole survivor of its former solar system. Sometime within the time lost to history known as the Gap, a black hole consumed the various worlds of the solar system. Something supernatural must be in play to keep the planet stable and habitable in it current position between a sun and a black hole.

It seems that your first task will be to triangulate the source of the radio signal that Arvin mentioned in his briefing.

Computers check: I will take the best roll and others rolls will be considered aids if still above 10

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

The massive four-armed figure of a Witchwyrd greets everyone. "Good to meet you. Don't worry Analog Affair, I'm sure you'll fit right in."

He wears the traditional red robes of his people, which covers his face, revealing only his glowing eyes. There is a dark ball of energy floating around his head, and within it something seems to sparkle.

"AMOSU, please scan the planet and see if you can location the source of the signal", requests Gulkin before settling into a nearby chair.

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

"Thank you, four-armed sentient without designation," replies The Analog Affair. "You do not meet visual expectations for a kasatha. What race are you? I have not met anybody of your race within the last five years."

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]
AMOSU wrote:
<snip> Whispering back loudly, It has been brought to my attention during past missions that I may talk too much when providing information. Your assistance in moderating quantity of information shared without loss of quality would be greatly appreciated!" It continues to share information regarding previous assignments how other sentients reacted to its providing data or information.

The Analog Affair looks at Automated Maintenance & Operations Support Unit as he speaks and speaks... and speeeeaaaaks. "Excellent information, designate-AMOSU. I tend to remain silent on such topics, but I've learned that bluntness can help on a team, therefore: while I have difficulty expressing emotions, I do have them, and I feel annoyance at you now for your oversharing of potentially necessary information. I also feel a small amount of fear that this will become a recurring theme throughout our time together. That would increase my annoyance into the low-level anger spectrum, should it come to pass. Please cease now, until a new topic arises or you feel urgency above 701 on a 1000 unit scale."

He pauses.

"But I look forward to working together. Yay team?" he says, flashing the thumbs up sign.

"On a different topic, Venture-Captain Arvin, I notice several Starfinder crew members departing the mission briefing. Do you expect we will have enough team members to carry out the mission?"

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]
AMOSU wrote:

[dice=Physical Science] d20 + 10 If it applies, theme Benefit - Reduce DC of Physical Science to recall knowledge about strange new worlds or features of space by 5.

AMOSU continues sharing information regarding the new world. Sharing info if roll was successful. It appears flustered when Analog Affair speaks to it, halting it's prattling dialog "My apologies, social interactions continue to perplex me. I believe the use of eye contact is highly appropriate. I find refraining from blinking also helpful, as blinking seems to correlate highly with confusion." It appears pleased with itself in helping a new teammate. Whispering back loudy, It has been brought to my attention during past missions that I may talk too much when providing information. Your assistance in moderating quantity of information shared without loss of quality would be greatly appreciated!" It continues to share information regarding previous assignments how other sentients reacted to its providing data or information.

LOL! I wondered how two androids would work out together in roleplay. This is going to be either awesome, or incredibly tiresome to our fellow players/characters! ;-)

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

We'll aim for hilarity, and see where it goes! ;)

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]
AMOSU wrote:
We'll aim for hilarity, and see where it goes! ;)

LOL.

Dear Diary:

Today I met the weirdest person yet. And it wasn't the four-armed dude! It was this android with a really odd name.

p.s. what does "pot, kettle, black" mean?

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

My name is Doctor Gaelin Conway. Healer mystic of Sarenrae and I will be your physician for this mission. And yes, that is Dr Conway MD.

A middle aged human, although there may be a touch of aasimar in there somewhere is addressing you all. He's wearing freebooter armour and carrying a medical bag with the Red Cross and the symbol of Sarenrae on it

My Oath says "Do no harm" so please do not expect me to kill anything. I'm a doctor, not a soldier

Wayfinders

Male Human Mechanic 1 (Roboticist) SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 EAC 13 KAC 14 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Init +1 Perception +5

Another middle aged human also appears on the bridge of the ship. He is balding, and has a streak of soot extending across his face. An old suit of freebooter armor covers his paunchy belly.

"Hello everyone, just made it up from engineering. I'm Gus. This Starfinder Society thing is all new to me, so I hope I don't have to many breaches of protocol. This is sort of a second career for me. . . .anyway, what do we have here? That planet seems odd!"

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

We seem to have a planet sitting on a balance point between a black hole and a B class blue star. Please don't ask me to explain it though. I'm a doctor, not an astrophysicist

Wayfinders

Male Human Mechanic 1 (Roboticist) SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 EAC 13 KAC 14 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Init +1 Perception +5

Here's a computer check. This can be an "aid" if anyone else gets a higher roll.

"I think I've read about something similar in some old spicy stories about space travelers of old. . . anyway, let me run some computer modeling.

computers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

Computers: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

"You seemed to have missed something in your computer model construction," says The Analog Affair to Gus. "If you were to adjust this parameter here it may yield better results."

Aid

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

"Ah good, everyone else is here", begins the Witchwyrd, "I am called Gulkyn, and no I am not kasatha. My people are called Witchwyrd and we have been around since the dawn of time."

"Glad to see we have a doctor with us. My job is to try and keep you young folks from getting hurt, so I hope we will not need your skill on this journey."

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

Gustav and The Analog Affair-12 link the Loreseekers computers with the rest of the fleet to triangulate the location and source of the signal. But although you have a lock on it, the interference of the Sun and the Black Hole make it difficult understand. You will need to tune the equipment to fliter the signal Engineering or Professions(electrician)

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

AMOSU moves to the engineering station, "I believe I may be able to adjust the scanner arrays to reduce background interference. The proximity to the blackhole…" As the android talks through the causal relationship to the interference its hands dance across the controls...

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Wayfinders

Male Human Mechanic 1 (Roboticist) SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 EAC 13 KAC 14 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Init +1 Perception +5

Gus moves near the console AMOSU is working at. "I think you have the right idea there, my new android friend. Why don't you try bringing the RF compensator back up. That may help."

engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

perhaps one of us can assist the other, if the GM allows.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

For PbP I do the Take highest and everyone else aids. This way it allows for different posting times

The Mechanic and one of the androids quickly figure out how the filter the interference. What you hear Music? Or is it a language. Or Both? Or something else?

Culture, Profession (Mathematician), Profession (musician), and similar professions. Also let me know if you know Celestial or Quorlu

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Gulkyn stands and moves towards the others. "What is that? It sounds almost..." his voice trails off as he listens.

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

Dr Conway just listens and muses .. and yes he does understand Celestial. Listening, he idly thinks about the old stories of the Music of the Spheres. culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

AMOSU nods approvingly as Gus steps to the station, "Impressively done sir." It then attempts to decode the background noises. "There does appear to be some pattern..."

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Wayfinders

Male Human Mechanic 1 (Roboticist) SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 EAC 13 KAC 14 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Init +1 Perception +5

Culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"Not often I hear something like this deep in the bowels of Absalom Station, but maybe my grandson has brought this home."

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

"I am unable to assist in this evaluation. I have no subroutines that address the situation," says The Analog Affair. "It appears that neither do all of you."

"Ha. Ha. That was a joke. Did I do that right?"

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

Although difficult at first, Gulkyn with AMOSU's insight, is able see that the message is some type of formula both Mystical and Physical in nature.

Understanding the formula will require Mysticism or Physical Science. Some Scholar's fields may be useful as well

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

AMOSU smiles, "Yes! Applied humor through sarcasm in response to an inability to achieve a diffult task, designed to lighten the mood of failure. An excellent observation." It observes the reactions of the team, then AMOSU whispers to Analog, "You are excellent at identifying the social norms of fully biological lifeforms. I shall note this for future emulation if you do not mind."

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

As it returns its attention to the results, its face brightens "Perhaps your humor as sufficiently enhanced morale Analog! It appears we have narrowed the background signal sufficiently to attempt decoding..." Whispering to itself, "Truly masterful social skills."

Refocusing on the work before it, AMOSU continues to postulate the best methods for applying sarcasm to increase productivity and morale during failing mission objectives... Physical Science: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

"I believe I may identified a sufficiently decodeable pattern."

Wayfinders

Male Human Mechanic 1 (Roboticist) SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 EAC 13 KAC 14 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Init +1 Perception +5

Gus flashes the androids an amused look, certain that he is enjoying his new companions.

"You two both have more personality than you are aware. Keep on keepin' on!"

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

With out missing a beat. AMOSU sees and understands the message. It is a formula for calculating the effect of gravity on the shape of other planes. The implications of this are stunning, and show a high degree of both mystical and physical science joined together to create theoretical equations that could stabilize the world in the face of the nearby black hole.

You have pin pointed source and can make your way down to the surface.

Feel free to do an last minute preparations but I will move to the landing.

The tracked signal leads to an island with a smoldering volcano. Thick foliage covers most of the island, save for the swath of smooth black rock formed from a recent lava flow. The signal originates near a cut rock that rises above the tree canopy about two-hundred feet from the recent lava flow, where a great stone menhir partly rises up from the flow, though its form is cracked and broken.

You set down your ship on a nearby rock formation that Is only 100 feet from the site of the signal. As you exit and get your bearings, your quickly spot a creature with three arms, legs, and eyes stalks. Cantor Alreeine The cantor moves between you and the menhir remains, stopping about halfway from the landed starship.

The creature excitedly speaks to you

Celestial:

Friends! Welcome. What guides you to our stone? Are you with Yaraesa? Her Stones are broken!

Sense Motive DC 15:

The creature before you is excited, yet friendly and curious about you. However the creature is currently trying to keep you away from the menhir.

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Gulkyn listens without understanding. "Anyone understand what they are saying?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

Dr Conway replies in Celestial. We heard the music and came to investigate. Who is Yaraesa?

He then relays a translation to the others.

sense motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

Since you speak I will go that there is a running translation

The quorlu excitedly responds to Galen "Yaraesa is our guardian. Our Goddess and protector. She is the one who set up these stones. But something has been attacking and destroying them."

She offers a brief history:

"Sometime within the time lost to history known as the Gap, a black hole consumed the various worlds of the solar system. Only the divine intervention of the goddess Yaraesa stopped the disaster from claiming Enereth-7 and its sun. The Lady of Wisdom manifested various divinely powered markers across the surface of the world while gently using her power to protect Enereth-7 and its star from the black hole that threatened to erase it. Since that time, the world has spun between the warmth of a sun and the entropy of a black hole, held between warmth and utter destruction."

She turns to the stone. "There is nothing left here. But you heard her song? Yes! How far did it reach the stars? What is it that brought you here? "

Full of questions but she then thinks. "But here is not good. No. Come with me to my settlement and we can talk more there"

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

AMOSU watches the creature as it moves forward...

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

"A perplexing and interesting species," it turns to Dr. Conway, "You are able to speak its language, what dialect is it? Is it highly or rudimentarily sentient?" It continues to monitor the exchange between the creature and the doctor, interject questions about the creature randomly.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

Dr Conway nods to the Quorlu ~celestial~ Of course. We would be honoured friend Cantor. Please lead the way

He then turns to AMOSU to answer its questions. She speaks the language of the Higher Planes and as to sentience, I would say highly. It seems that a higher Power, Yaraesae, is also protecting this world and it is Her Song that is holding this planet in gravitational harmony He paused for a bit to contemplate what he just said. I look forward to learning more about this local deity

He also ponders for a bit if Yaraesae is an anagram of Sarenrae. Yaraesae be their name for Sarenrae?

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

"I assume we will follow this sentient to it's settlement?" asks The Analog Affair. "Are you certain this is a good idea?"

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

I don't think we're going to learn much more out here ... besides, I am willing to take the risk. Besides, we should follow first contact protocols.

Wayfinders

Male Human Mechanic 1 (Roboticist) SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 EAC 13 KAC 14 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Init +1 Perception +5

Gathering up his drone RAY, Gus hoists his backpack, shoulders his rifle, and follows the group.

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

"I don't think this counts as first contact," grumbles Gulkyn, "but I agree it is worth the risk."

He too follows along.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

The travels are simple enough and you are able to chat with the Cantor as you make your way though the tunnels.

The tunnels open into a large, dimly lit cavernous area. Dozens of three-armed creatures sit quietly reading and copying scrolls onto fresh silicone sheets. A youth of this species pierces the silence with an excited shrill leading all the nearby creatures to stand and ponderously approach. The beings excitedly talk over one another, filling the cavern with a cacophony of song-like voices.

In the distance a few high-energy weapon discharges disperse the crowd in shock, sending the creatures scattering. A battle-scarred violet-skinned elven woman, flanked by two of the locals in menacing spiked armor, holds a gun up in a cocky fashion. “Welcome to Enereth-7, Starfinders. My name is Raval Domunseir. I saw your ship when we landed.”

"I am here to correct a cosmic imbalance. This divine experiment has been a nice idea, but time to let it go and let this world be devoured."

You can tell the Drow is willing to parley but you can tell that she is ready to start firing at you if you attempt to start anything. The two Quolus with her have their pistols out ready, but not pointed at you. She continues:

Yaraesa’s protection was fading when we arrived, and you have no means to restore it. Even if you stop , this planet will be consumed, possibly along with many others in the resulting divine war this could spark. Leave us to complete our mission, and we will permit you to save as many people, species, and cultural artifacts as you’re able before the planet is consumed.

You are each at ends of the cavern.

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

AMOSU watches wistfully as the plinth fades into the foliage, "I'm sure we could've learned something..." It keeps step with the group and quickly turns its attention to the Quorlu as they walk, assessing and taking note of any biological adaptions it can as well as cultural mannerisms or displays.

When the team enters the settlement, AMOSU's wonder and excitement are plainly visible. As is the startled expression upon seeing the elf. It turns to face her, "Greetings, I am identified as AMOSU - Automated Maintenance & Operations Support Unit. I am please to assist with any technical needs you may require." It pauses and adds, "You seem to have interpreted our appearance as hostile and confused the situation? I can assure we are not, nor are we fighting a divine war. Perhaps you've confused us with others? Nor is there an imbalance here. Rather it appears to be a perfect, if precarious, balance in this system. Perhaps I can help correct your misunderstandings or you can proffer additional observations?" It keeps its puzzled, unblinking gaze on the Drow allowing her to process his statement.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Mystic (Healer) - 4 | | SP 28/28, HP 28/28, RP 6/6 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | F+2, R+1, W+8 | Perc +11 | Init +0

Devoured?Gaelin responds, frowning You would allow this world to be consumed by the Black Hole, along with all these sentient creatures? I sincerely hope your mission is to save as many of them as possible

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 2 (SP 1/16, HP 18/18, RP 4/4; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +4, R +3, W +3; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Baton]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d4+1[/dice] or [dice=BLAM! ]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6[/dice]

The Analog Affair remains unresponsive to the drow woman. Watching carefully, he attempts to assess the threat level posed by her and her companion quolus. What guns do they possess? Are they laser? Projectile? Long range? Short range? Tactical? Auto or Semi-auto?

Bounty Hunter/Gather Info: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Wayfinders

Male Human Mechanic 1 (Roboticist) SP 7/7 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 EAC 13 KAC 14 FORT +3 REF +3 WILL +3 Init +1 Perception +5

Sensing trouble, Gus instructs RAY to move toward the flank, but only a little. He doesn't want to alarm the drow if this can be solved peaceably.

I moved RAY about 20' to present location.

He'll support his companions, saying "we don't want any trouble, but if there's a way to help these people, we're going to. It's best if you stay out of our way!"

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PbP GD8: 1-99 - Scoured Stars *-*PbP GD8 - Withering World Maps *-* PbP GD8: Acts-Hammer

The Analog Affair sees that the qualrus have analog auto-pistols, where as the drow has some type of energy pistol, though not sure what type from this vantage.

She laughs "But I am helping them. To the end that awaits us all"

Mysticism DC 15+:

You realize that her manner of speaking is constant with thought that are members of the Cult of the Devourer.

1 to 50 of 285 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VIII][SFS 2-03] The Withering World (GM Gustavef) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.