Shalm's Reign of Winter

Game Master JankInTheTank

RoW Maps and info


401 to 450 of 489 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male NG Halfling Arcanist (Elemental Master - Fire) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Paldo Casts Grease on the front steps and adds 1 from the arcane reservoir pool to add +1 DC. Reflex DC = 15

Added an icon to the map


Male LG Human (Ulfen) Cleric | HP 11/17 |AC 16 T 11 FF 15 |CMB +3 CMD 14 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +5| Init + 1 | Perc +9 | Speed 30' |Channel 4/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None | Special powers: Cold resistance 2, Sun's blessing +1 Touch of glory 6/6 Studied target, Track

"Mighty Iomedae; lend me your armor for this coming fight." Garran calls on his goddess for protection.

casts shield of faith (AC now 18)


F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: -2/17 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +1, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 1 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Heavy Shield Bash +5/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +2/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +5/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]

As their cover is blown and the sentry calls out for reinforcements, Sigrun shouts, "Nope, no intruders! False alarm!", hoping to at least confuse someone inside the building. She stays put where she is, ready to pop out and strike should anyone approach her position.

bluff, maybe?: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19 lol...


RoW maps

Glim steps out from cover and fires his crossbow at the bandit fighting with Horn
corssbow: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 4 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Horn slashes at the bandit but misses. Paldo throws some grease on the stairs.
reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
that bandit falls on his back

Sigrun calls out to the bandits, but the rest of the party attacking with spells and a polar bear makes her words less than believable.

the bandit on the stairs crawls to the side through the grease, then stands up once out of the slick area.

the one in front of Horn slashes with a short sword
sword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

three more bandits appear in the doorway. two try to cross the grease, the last one takes cover in the doorway

acrobatics purple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
acrobatics yellow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

one bandit falls, the other one fires a bow at Paldo
shortbow: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 4 = 19
crit?: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 12
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

the last bandit in the doorway shoots at Glim
shortbow: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 4 = 4

the whole party may act

GM Bright Morning wrote:


Stat Tracker

Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Garran HP: 10/10 - AC: 16/11/15 Status:
Glim HP: 8/8 - AC: 19/16/14 Status:
Linge: HP: 9/9 - AC: 15/13/12 Status:
Horn: HP: 11/17 - AC: 17/15/13 Status:
Paldo HP: 3/7 - AC: 14/14/11 Status:
Sigrun HP: 10/10 - AC: 17/11/16 Status:

NPCS:
Red: HP: | AC: ?? |
yellow: HP: | AC:?? |
Green: HP: -5| AC:13 |
Blue: HP: | AC: ?? |
Purple: HP: | AC ??: |


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +6/ Ini +2/ Perception +8/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 0/2/ Active conditions: none

Enraged and in pain, Horn attempts to lacerate the bandit.

Attack Green Bandit

Attack (Bite): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Attack (Claw 1): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8
Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

Attack (Claw 2): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

His jaws close on the bandit's arm, and he manages to open a nasty gash on his chest.

Linge leaves her hideout, flashing light at nearest bandit standing.

Cast Flare on Blue Bandit


Male LG Human (Ulfen) Cleric | HP 11/17 |AC 16 T 11 FF 15 |CMB +3 CMD 14 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +5| Init + 1 | Perc +9 | Speed 30' |Channel 4/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None | Special powers: Cold resistance 2, Sun's blessing +1 Touch of glory 6/6 Studied target, Track

Garran begins making his way through the deep snow toward the lodge.


Male NG Halfling Arcanist (Elemental Master - Fire) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Paldo Casts Enlarge on Sigrun watching her double in size.

Enlarge:
This spell causes instant growth of a humanoid creature, doubling its height and multiplying its weight by 8. This increase changes the creature’s size category to the next larger one. The target gains a +2 size bonus to Strength, a -2 size penalty to Dexterity (to a minimum of 1), and a -1 penalty on attack rolls and AC due to its increased size.
A humanoid creature whose size increases to Large has a space of 10 feet and a natural reach of 10 feet. This spell does not change the target’s speed.

If insufficient room is available for the desired growth, the creature attains the maximum possible size and may make a Strength check (using its increased Strength) to burst any enclosures in the process. If it fails, it is constrained without harm by the materials enclosing it–the spell cannot be used to crush a creature by increasing its size.

All equipment worn or carried by a creature is similarly enlarged by the spell. Melee weapons affected by this spell deal more damage (see Table: Medium/Large Weapon Damage). Other magical properties are not affected by this spell. Any enlarged item that leaves an enlarged creature’s possession (including a projectile or thrown weapon) instantly returns to its normal size. This means that thrown and projectile weapons deal their normal damage. Magical properties of enlarged items are not increased by this spell.

In short +2 STR, -2 Dex, -1 Att & AC, Battle Axe = 2d6, Reach = 10ft


F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: -2/17 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +1, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 1 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Heavy Shield Bash +5/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +2/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +5/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]

"Hah, you puny runts!" Sigrun can't hide now, as she's as big as the tree she'd been behind. Instead, she moves out to draw the bandits' attention, swinging at one of them with her now-comically-oversized shield. Unfortunately, she isn't quite used to the size increase just yet, and misses badly.

attack, heavy shield bash vs purple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 wow, not again...

AC is 15


RoW maps

Glim moves up and throws a bomb at the cluster of bandits on the steps
bomb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
reflex red: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
reflex blue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Horn slashes through the man in front of him, reducing him to bloody meat.

Linge flares a bandit
fort red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Garran advances, and Paldo make Sigrun big

Sigrun walks forward
Perception Sigrun: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
unfortunately she doesn't see the trip wire on the ground and triggers a trap! a crossbow hidden partially under the wood of the porch fires, launching a bolt at the enlarged woman.
crossbow: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
she takes damage, and a string of cans connected to the crossbow fall and clatter making a loud noise.

the blue bandit charges Glim
short sword: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 24
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

the other two fire their bows
red vs Horn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
purple vs sigrun: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

The party is up

GM Bright Morning wrote:


Stat Tracker

Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Garran HP: 10/10 - AC: 16/11/15 Status:
Glim HP: 6/8 - AC: 19/16/14 Status:
Linge: HP: 9/9 - AC: 15/13/12 Status:
Horn: HP: 6/17 - AC: 17/15/13 Status:
Paldo HP: 3/7 - AC: 14/14/11 Status:
Sigrun HP: 1/10 - AC: 17/11/16 Status:

NPCS:
Red: HP: -4| AC: ?? |
yellow: HP: -9| AC:?? | dead
Green: HP: -16| AC:13 | dead
Blue: HP: -4| AC: ?? | dazzled
Purple: HP: | AC ??: |


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +6/ Ini +2/ Perception +8/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 0/2/ Active conditions: none

Horn grunts in pain, and runs to the nearest bandit.

Attacking Blue

Attack (Bite): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

Attack (Claw 1): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

Attack (Claw 2): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Linge takes out her sling, and aims at the bandit attacking Glim.

Attacking Blue as well!

Attack: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 4 = 12
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: -2/17 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +1, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 1 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Heavy Shield Bash +5/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +2/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +5/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]

...that doesn't seem very realistic. a tripwire in the middle of an icy path? seriously? anyways, I'm out at 1hp again...

With her bravado gone and badly hurt, Sigrun staggers back to the treeline and lays her enlargened body down, hopefully out of sight.
prone gives +4ac vs ranged


Male NG Halfling Arcanist (Elemental Master - Fire) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Paldo casts Flare on red. Fortitude DC (13)


Male LG Human (Ulfen) Cleric | HP 11/17 |AC 16 T 11 FF 15 |CMB +3 CMD 14 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +5| Init + 1 | Perc +9 | Speed 30' |Channel 4/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None | Special powers: Cold resistance 2, Sun's blessing +1 Touch of glory 6/6 Studied target, Track

Garran steps up with his sword, to attack the bowman on the porch with a vertical upcut.

Longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Attacking purple.


RoW maps

the trip wire is partially buried in the snow. if you didn't start a fight that is normally one of the ways the lodge goes on alert.

horn mauls a second bandit. Linge is able to attack another one but misses.

Glim throws another bomb at red
bomb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
crit??: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 6 = 9

the bandit dies a firey death as the bomb hits right in his face.

the last bandit is hit by Garran, taking significant damage. he switches to a sword and swings back, but misses badly.
short sword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

only one bandit left and at very few HP. I'll wrap this one up and move us on

Garran swings again, killing the last bandit. the clearing is quiet again.

what do you do next?

GM Bright Morning wrote:


Stat Tracker

Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Garran HP: 10/10 - AC: 16/11/15 Status:
Glim HP: 6/8 - AC: 19/16/14 Status:
Linge: HP: 9/9 - AC: 15/13/12 Status:
Horn: HP: 6/17 - AC: 17/15/13 Status:
Paldo HP: 3/7 - AC: 14/14/11 Status:
Sigrun HP: 1/10 - AC: 17/11/16 Status:

NPCS:
Red: HP: -11| AC: ?? | dead
yellow: HP: -9| AC:?? | dead
Green: HP: -16| AC:13 | dead
Blue: HP: -14| AC: ?? | dead
Purple: HP: -5 | AC ??: |


F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: -2/17 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +1, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 1 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Heavy Shield Bash +5/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +2/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +5/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]

"Ugh...a little help here, please?" Sigrun staggers back up and out into the clearing, once again dripping blood everywhere.


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +6/ Ini +2/ Perception +8/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 0/2/ Active conditions: none

Linge calls back Horn, inspecting the wound on his flank.

"Garran, can you heal him too?"


Male NG Halfling Arcanist (Elemental Master - Fire) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Putting pressure on his wound Paldo said ”I think a few of us could use some help.”


Male LG Human (Ulfen) Cleric | HP 11/17 |AC 16 T 11 FF 15 |CMB +3 CMD 14 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +5| Init + 1 | Perc +9 | Speed 30' |Channel 4/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None | Special powers: Cold resistance 2, Sun's blessing +1 Touch of glory 6/6 Studied target, Track

Garran moves away from the downed hooligans. "Gather round everyone. The is the last time I'll be able to channel the holy might of Iomedae." He sighs. "My faith is not as strong as it could be."

He raises his holy symbol high and calls on his goddess.

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 5

"I have one prayer left. One that might let me attack those wicked fey... Or I can call for healing for one person." Garran's piercing blue-green eyes fix on Sigrun. "What do you think?"


Male NG Svirfneblin Alchemist 1 | HP -1/13 | AC 19 T 16 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 14 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Bombs: 1/5 | Spells: 1st 1/5 | Active conditions: Bomber's Eye

Glim moves to join his companions, fingers tapping restlessly at the empty loops where bombs but moments ago hung.

"A doughty fight, my friends. Well done. Bravery is not lacking in this group. Perhaps we might find healing potions within the house. A group this size would have collected a few items of such worth."

He eyes Sigrun's wounds, his lips pursing into a thin line. "Then again, caution begets longevity. Those fae may return at a moment's notice. I bow to Garran's wisdom."

That said, he links his hands behind his back and turns to consider the house once more, eyeing its doors and windows, trying to detect any lingering sign of movement.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +6/ Ini +2/ Perception +8/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 0/2/ Active conditions: none

"If anyone remained inside, they should be waiting for us right now," Linge adds. She is looking tense.

Perception (Linge): 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 4 = 13

Perception (Horn): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: -2/17 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +1, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 1 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Heavy Shield Bash +5/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +2/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +5/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]

"I'm fine. I'll live. Just have to be more careful", she says as she looks down. "And...I don't think I need to be big anymore."


Male NG Svirfneblin Alchemist 1 | HP -1/13 | AC 19 T 16 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 14 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Bombs: 1/5 | Spells: 1st 1/5 | Active conditions: Bomber's Eye

Glim pats Sigrun's knee, wiping off as he does so the mixture of bloody slushy snow that's caught in her armor. "I have found that being of small size has its advantageous, my dear Sigrun. Do not feel despondent. Fate has not been kind to you thus far. But when she turns her fickle favor upon you at last, I shudder for your foes."

Drawing himself up, tugging at his deep delving costume, he scowls at the home. "I shall take a look within the windows and see if anything else awaits us."

DM, did the half orc lady emerge from the home?

Perception to spot the half orc body: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Stealth toward the house to peer in windows: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


RoW maps

Horn spots something in the window, and at his prompting Linge sees it too. it looks like someone peeked out of the window directly in line with Linge then pulled their head back into the room.

Glim hears someone yelling inside.
"Ten-Penny! what are you doing? get out there and help them!

as Glim approaches the porch, he gets a view into the front door. he goes very quietly and has not been spotted by anyone yet. he looks in to see a cozy looking common room of the lodge, with a crackling fireplace, a large dining table for 15 or more people, and a large bearskin rug.

he also sees two skeletons slowly walking towards the doors. the skeletons are coated in frost and ice, despite the warmth inside the house. in the back of the room he also spots the half-orc female.


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +6/ Ini +2/ Perception +8/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 0/2/ Active conditions: none

Linge beckons her companions to get closer to the door.

"There's someone else in this room," she explains, pointing to the window where she spotted a silhouette.


Male NG Svirfneblin Alchemist 1 | HP -1/13 | AC 19 T 16 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 14 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Bombs: 1/5 | Spells: 1st 1/5 | Active conditions: Bomber's Eye

Glim fades back against the wall beside the front door, easing a bomb into his palm.

Then, looking to the others, he holds up two fingers, then mimics walking, indicating that they're coming out the door. That done, he fades even further back, to another window that will give him a line of sight on the half orc, drinking a formula as he goes.

I'm assuming I'm still under the benefits of my stealth roll, so not rolling again. Drinking a Bomber's Eye formula and moving to another window through which I'll have a line of sight on the half orc.


F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: -2/17 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +1, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 1 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Heavy Shield Bash +5/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +2/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +5/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]

Still breathing hard from the pain, Sigrun moves up carefully behind Linge, shield up and at the ready.


Male NG Halfling Arcanist (Elemental Master - Fire) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Paldo stays hidden in the treeline and readies an action to cast flare on anything that comes out of the main door.


Male LG Human (Ulfen) Cleric | HP 11/17 |AC 16 T 11 FF 15 |CMB +3 CMD 14 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +5| Init + 1 | Perc +9 | Speed 30' |Channel 4/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None | Special powers: Cold resistance 2, Sun's blessing +1 Touch of glory 6/6 Studied target, Track

Sword and shield at the ready, Garran moves back toward the lodge.


RoW maps

please move your tokens where you want to be when describing movement. I tried to move people where they indicated, but i don't know how close people are trying to get to the building

the group soon sees what Glim was indicating. not bandits this time, but skeletons! skeletons covered in a rime of frost. they walk towards the group, holding no weapons but with sharp icy claws extended.

behind them walks a half-orc female, short sword in one hand, hand crossbow in the other.

Initiative:

Initiative Garran: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Initiative Glim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Initiative Linge: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Initiative Paldo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Initiative Sigrun: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Initiative ten penny: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Initiative skeletons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Initiative ???: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

having already seen enemies coming, both Linge and Glim are ready to get the jump on the creatures.

bold may act:
Glim, Linge and Horn, Skeletons, Ten-Penny, ???, Garran, Sigrun, Paldo

GM Bright Morning wrote:


Stat Tracker

Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Garran HP: 10/10 - AC: 16/11/15 Status:
Glim HP: 8/8 - AC: 19/16/14 Status:
Linge: HP: 9/9 - AC: 15/13/12 Status:
Horn: HP: 11/17 - AC: 17/15/13 Status:
Paldo HP: 7/7 - AC: 14/14/11 Status:
Sigrun HP: 6/10 - AC: 17/11/16 Status:

NPCS:
Red skeleton: HP: ??| AC: ?? |
Purple Skeleton : HP: ??| AC:?? |
Half orc: HP: ?? | AC:?? |


Male NG Svirfneblin Alchemist 1 | HP -1/13 | AC 19 T 16 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 14 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Bombs: 1/5 | Spells: 1st 1/5 | Active conditions: Bomber's Eye

Glim, unnerved by the skeleton's horrific appearance, changes his mind; rather than try for a difficult shot through the window, he simply steps back onto the snow as he lobs his bomb underhand at the first skeleton to emerge through the door.

Bomb (Point Blank/Bomber's Eye): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

4 splash damage to other skeleton, or half if they make a DC 13 Reflex Save


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +6/ Ini +2/ Perception +8/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 0/2/ Active conditions: none

Linge fires a shot at the skeleton that Glim is not attacking yet.

Aiming at Purple

Attack: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 4 = 3
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

I have no idea whether Magic Fang is still effective or not. I assume it has already faded?!

The first undead that comes stumbling through the door soon finds itself facing a feisty little bear.

Attacking Red

Attack (Bite): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Attack (Claw 1): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Attack (Claw 2): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


RoW maps

yes I believe magic fang would be done now, especially since it only has a 1 minute duration right now

reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

the second skeleton avoids some of the bomb's damage. but the one in front take a bomb and then a polar bear's bite and is destroyed. however, when it is destroyed, shards of sharp ice fly out from it, several of the pieces embedding themselves in Horn
cold damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Reflex Horn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
horn avoids some of the damage, taking 3

the second skeleton moves towards glim, slashing with a rimed claw
claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
confirm?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (6) = 12
Glim takes 6 physical damage and 6 cold (reduced to 4 cold)
Glim is hit even through his impressive defenses and is hit hard, falling to the snow

the half orc yells in surprise seeing a bear attacking. she fires her hand crossbow at it
hand crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
she reloads her crossbow and steps back

GM Bright Morning wrote:


Stat Tracker

Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Garran HP: 10/10 - AC: 16/11/15 Status:
Glim HP: -4/8 - AC: 19/16/14 Status: dying
Linge: HP: 9/9 - AC: 15/13/12 Status:
Horn: HP: 8/17 - AC: 17/15/13 Status:
Paldo HP: 7/7 - AC: 14/14/11 Status:
Sigrun HP: 6/10 - AC: 17/11/16 Status:

NPCS:
Red skeleton: HP: -2 AC: ?? |
Purple Skeleton : HP: -8 | AC 16 | dead
Half orc: HP: ?? | AC:?? |


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +6/ Ini +2/ Perception +8/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 0/2/ Active conditions: none

Horn shakes his head, and moves on to the other skeleton.

5 ft movement, Attack Purple

Attack (Bite): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Attack (Claw 1): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Attack (Claw 2): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Linge gets slightly closer to the door, and starts an incantation. Seconds later, a ball of feathers flies inside the house, and immediately attacks the half-orc woman.

Move 5 ft. Use Spontaneous Casting to cast Summons Ally I to summon an Eagle 25 ft away, in front of the half-orc. Square on the upper left of H13.

Attack (Bite): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Attack (Talon 1): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Attack (Talon 2): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Male LG Human (Ulfen) Cleric | HP 11/17 |AC 16 T 11 FF 15 |CMB +3 CMD 14 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +5| Init + 1 | Perc +9 | Speed 30' |Channel 4/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None | Special powers: Cold resistance 2, Sun's blessing +1 Touch of glory 6/6 Studied target, Track

Garran strides up and slashes at the frozen skeleton. (purple)
Longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: -2/17 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +1, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 1 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Heavy Shield Bash +5/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +2/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +5/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]

Meanwhile, Sigrun, still enlargened, moves up and smashes at the popsicle skeleton with her shield from a safer distance, but she still doesn't find much success.

attack (large hvy shield): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 wow what the heck is wrong with these dice


Male NG Halfling Arcanist (Elemental Master - Fire) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Paldo casts Flare on the skeleton. (Purple) Fortitude DC (13)

I don't think Enlarge would still be on, it too only lasts a minute.


F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: -2/17 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +1, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 1 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Heavy Shield Bash +5/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +2/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +5/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]
Paldo Greenspan wrote:
I don't think Enlarge would still be on, it too only lasts a minute.

Oh, good point; I'm not sure how much time has passed. Doesn't change the roll, either way.


RoW maps

the group moves in on the icy skeleton, but can't seem to do anything to it. Sigrun and Garran miss with their attacks, while Horn's claws and teeth don't seem to actually do any damage to the frosted bones. Paldo tries a spell but the skeleton shrugs it off without even noticing Undead are immune to anything requiring a fort save...

Linge starts casting a spell.

Glim lies on the ground, blood freezing as it leaves his body. stabilize: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

the air around the skeleton is almost unbearably cold.
cold damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
everyone standing around the undead monster take 3 damage. it then attacks Garran with its claws
claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (3) = 7

Garran takes a deep cut in his arm and feels the cold seeping into his blood.
Garran takes 4 slashing and 1 cold damage (reduced from 3 by his trait resistance

the half orc seems hesitant to engage in the melee outside and slowly backs up, firing another hand crossbow bolt at Horn

crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

the air suddenly feels... off. it's like the air got colder but not quite. Garran recognizes the effects of evil magic being used. the scorch marks on the skeleton from Glim's bomb vanish as the bone grows back into place.

The party is up!

GM Bright Morning wrote:


Stat Tracker

Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Garran HP: 4/10 - AC: 16/11/15 Status:
Glim HP: -5/8 - AC: 19/16/14 Status: dying
Linge: HP: 9/9 - AC: 15/13/12 Status:
Horn: HP: 3/17 - AC: 17/15/13 Status:
Paldo HP: 7/7 - AC: 14/14/11 Status:
Sigrun HP: 3/10 - AC: 17/11/16 Status:

NPCS:
purple skeleton: HP: ??| AC: ?? |
red Skeleton : HP: -8 | AC 16 | dead
Half orc: HP: ?? | AC:?? |


F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: -2/17 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +1, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 1 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Heavy Shield Bash +5/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +2/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +5/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]

I'm not sure if Garran has any channels left, but now would be a good time to break them out.

Wincing from the cold, Sigrun tries again, putting both hands into her shield smash.

attack (hvy shield bash): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
damage if hit: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 bludgeoning

dice still hate me


Male NG Halfling Arcanist (Elemental Master - Fire) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Seeing poor Glim's blood on the white snow as his body lay their slumped over Paldo felt both anger and desperation flow through him. He put a bullet in his sling taking careful aim.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
3d6 - 3 ⇒ (2, 6, 4) - 3 = 9

OMG I did damage!! It's a miracle! Pretty sure that crit confirmed at least.


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +6/ Ini +2/ Perception +8/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 0/2/ Active conditions: none

You didn't say who you were attacking though :P


Male NG Halfling Arcanist (Elemental Master - Fire) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Ha! You are right I got so excited! :p That was at the skelly.
I was going to add details of the hit talking about the skelleton but then I realized I should let the DM do that since I am assuming it hit.
Thanks for pointing that out though!


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +6/ Ini +2/ Perception +8/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 0/2/ Active conditions: none

Also, you're pretty far away on the map... Maybe move Paldo a little? It's a pretty tricky shot!


Male LG Human (Ulfen) Cleric | HP 11/17 |AC 16 T 11 FF 15 |CMB +3 CMD 14 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +5| Init + 1 | Perc +9 | Speed 30' |Channel 4/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None | Special powers: Cold resistance 2, Sun's blessing +1 Touch of glory 6/6 Studied target, Track

All out of channel, I believe.

Again, Garran slashes at the frozen skeleton with his sword.

Cold iron longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 ; Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Then he ducks behind Sigrun. 5' step if possible; move if not. Glim will need some help soon or he will die.


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +6/ Ini +2/ Perception +8/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 0/2/ Active conditions: none

Doesn't look good :/ But maybe Paldo managed to get the skeleton on his own. I don't think they have a DR to bludgeoning damage.

As soon as the skeleton is dead, Horn dashes within the house to attack the half-orc.

Attack (Bite): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"I can take care of Glim!" Linge tells Garran. "Someone gets Horn some help!"

Heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


RoW maps

Linge rushes forward and stabilizes glim. Horn runs afetr the half orc but can't connect. Sigrun misses the skeleton.

the skeleton is about to claw at Sigrun again when a stone strikes it squarely in the center of the forhead. ice cracks along its face, then the skull itself cracks and shatters into many pieces. the skeleton falls to the ground and lies still.

Haha, very good! I see you are stronger than i gave you credit for! A voice speaks in common, coming from what appears to be thin air. Now please, kill this holy man for me, would you?

Sigrun feels something pushing at her mind, willing her to act against her wishes.
will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
she fights off the spell, and as she does the spell-caster becomes visible. A man is standing just to the north of the porch, dressed in nicely kept furs with symbols of skulls and bones sewn into his cloak. it takes a second for your eyes to realize it, but it appears that two identical men are standing together, moving in perfect unison.

meanwhile, inside, the half orc yelps in surprise as she is chased down by a bear, and slashes at it with her sword.
short sword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
she is not able to do any damage through the thick fur around horn's shoulders.

The whole party may act!

GM Bright Morning wrote:


Stat Tracker

Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Garran HP: 4/10 - AC: 16/11/15 Status:
Glim HP: -5/8 - AC: 19/16/14 Status: dying
Linge: HP: 9/9 - AC: 15/13/12 Status:
Horn: HP: 3/17 - AC: 17/15/13 Status:
Paldo HP: 7/7 - AC: 14/14/11 Status:
Sigrun HP: 3/10 - AC: 17/11/16 Status:

NPCS:
purple skeleton: HP: -9 | AC: ?? | dead
red Skeleton : HP: -8 | AC 16 | dead
Half orc: HP: ?? | AC:?? |
Bandit leader: HP: ?? | AC: ?? |


F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: -2/17 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +1, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 1 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 3/3 | Heavy Shield Bash +5/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +2/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +5/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]

kn (arcana) to identify spell cast on me: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
kn (arcana) to identify ongoing spell effect: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 neither works, of course

Sigrun narrows her eyes as she feels the pull of magic on her, but she's able to shake it off. "No, thanks. I think I'll kill you instead." She turns and advances on the robed man, taking a heavy swing at one of his two copies.

real man on 1, image on 2: 1d2 ⇒ 1
attack (hvy shield bash): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 finally
crit confirm (hvy shield bash): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 or not
damage (assuming that doesn't confirm): 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male NG Halfling Arcanist (Elemental Master - Fire) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Paldo again tries aiming his staff sling hoping to match the skill on his last shot. He aims at the caster that has suddenly appeared.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


Male LG Human (Ulfen) Cleric | HP 11/17 |AC 16 T 11 FF 15 |CMB +3 CMD 14 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +5| Init + 1 | Perc +9 | Speed 30' |Channel 4/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None | Special powers: Cold resistance 2, Sun's blessing +1 Touch of glory 6/6 Studied target, Track

"Holy man?" Garran mutters. He had never really thought of himself in those terms. It was an accurate description, he supposed. These thoughts passed through his mind as he quickly moved in to attack the robed man.

Cold iron longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +6/ Ini +2/ Perception +8/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 0/2/ Active conditions: none

Horn dodges the half-orc's weapon, and counterattacks.

Attack (Bite): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Attack (Claw 1): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Attack (Claw 2): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Aw! :(
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Linge moves behind Sigrun, and shoots a bullet at the half-orc. If she's still standing. If she's dead, then I'll cast Flare on the bandit leader.

Attack: 1d20 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) - 4 + 2 = 2 Got a bit cursed with the dice here!
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

401 to 450 of 489 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shalm's Reign of Winter - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.