[PFS] Siege of the Diamond City - GM Ewok (Inactive)

Game Master EwokBanshee

Maps


401 to 450 of 461 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

M Human Ranger 4 (Sable Company Marine) / HP 40, CMD 20, Init +4, Perc +6, AC 22/14/18, Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +4 (+2 vs divin.) / Spells 1st 0/1 /Active cond.: Gravity Bow // Harpocrates: HP: 20, Perc +5, AC 20/12/17, Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The archer takes two cold iron arrows and fires at the demon.

Arrow 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Damage 1: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7

Arrow 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Damage 2: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10

Crit conf?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Damage crit: 4d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 2) + 8 = 19

Dark Archive

LG M Dwarf Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 4 - HP 36/36 - AC 22, T 11, FF 21 - F+6*, R+2*, W+6* - Init: +1 - Perc +9 (DV, SC), SM +9 - Smite Evil 1/2 - Lay on Hands (2d6+4) 3/4 - Active Conditions: Nil

"Get the demon quick! He's summoning more of his irksome kind!"

Alrik refocuses on the crusader in front of him...

"As for you, it's time to meet your doom!"

With it, his waraxe arcs in at the traitor.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Swing: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Tiny update: There is a 0% chance that spell is going off. There is a 100% chance the demon is still alive.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin 2/Warpriest 2 of Erastil|HP 31/32|AC 20 17 (T 16 13, FF 17 14)|CMB +4 CMD 20 (FF 14)|F:+8 R:+4 W:+10|Init +3|Perc +5|Bless 1/4 LoH 0/2 Ferv 2/4 Smite 0/1|Active: Shield of Faith, Smite

Denaria regains her righteous power and tries to hit the last guard.

point blank, deadly aim arrow #1: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17
point blank, deadly aim arrow #2: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
point blank, cold iron good damage #1: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + (4) = 11
point blank, cold iron good damage #2: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 + (3) = 16

Fervor to heal self: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Round 1 - Use last blessing for holy strike on bow.
Round 2 - Two shots on yellow, swift to heal with fervor.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Second tiny update: The false crusader is down.

The Concordance

M Half-Orc Alchemist 3 | HP 21| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | BOMB: 8-Day 2d6+3 dc 14

Conney, seeing his combat comrade still down, extends his wand once again and heals him....

CLW: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Lady Vulpina fires her pistol through the ballista unerringly, hitting the demon's hand as he works the incantation. Wenjeff follows up, sending two arrows into the demon's chest. Blood splatters out of it's mouth and it trips up on the words - ending the spell. Alrik slams his axe into the crusader, drawing blood. Denaria follows up with an arrow to a weak point in the man's armor, sending him to the ground. Conney, concerned for his friend, heals him again. Meanwhile, the conscripts take your advice and cower behind the ballista in hopes the goat-demon does not come after them.

The brimorak curses in his infernal language and rounds the ballista, murder in his eyes. He draws a longsword as he does, bringing it down on Wenjeff! The sword bursts into flame as it swings, burning his open wound.

Slash @ Wenjeff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 5) + 3 = 10


Everybody in bold is up! Anyone who does not post within 24 hours will be botted.

Round 13

Wenjeff 12/40 HP
Harpocrates
Conney 14/21 HP
Yajima -1/34 HP unconscious, stable
Alrik 20/28
Denaria 28/32 HP
Lady Vulpina 10/28 HP

2 NPC Artillerists 9/27 HP
Huge Ballista 46 dmg 1 rounds remaining
Left Ballista 21 dmg 1 round remaining
Right Ballista 0 dmg 1 round remaining

Brimorak 42 dmg
Yellow Crusader 30 dmg

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Human Monk (Windstep Master) 4/ Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 2/ Champion of Irori 6 | HP 110/110 | AC 27 T 24 FF 23 | CMB +18, CMD 42 | F: +17, R: +15, W: +17 | Init: +3 | Perc: +22, SM: +16 | Speed 50ft | Lay on Hands 11/11 || Ki Pool 20/21 || Smite Evil/Chaos 1/4 | | Active conditions: Deflect Arrows, Deific Obedience

Thanks for the healing, it keeps me out of range of death by a bit, but I'd suggest trying to keep the current PCs standing. I'd rather not stand up with 1hp and then get critically hit or something.

Scarab Sages

M Human Ranger 4 (Sable Company Marine) / HP 40, CMD 20, Init +4, Perc +6, AC 22/14/18, Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +4 (+2 vs divin.) / Spells 1st 0/1 /Active cond.: Gravity Bow // Harpocrates: HP: 20, Perc +5, AC 20/12/17, Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2

The archer takes a path behind and fires two cold iron arrows.

Arrow 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Damage 1: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 = 9

Arrow 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Damage 2: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 6) + 4 = 14

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin 2/Warpriest 2 of Erastil|HP 31/32|AC 20 17 (T 16 13, FF 17 14)|CMB +4 CMD 20 (FF 14)|F:+8 R:+4 W:+10|Init +3|Perc +5|Bless 1/4 LoH 0/2 Ferv 2/4 Smite 0/1|Active: Shield of Faith, Smite

AS the demon comes into view, Denaria aims carefully around Vulpina.

deadly aim arrow #1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
deadly aim arrow #2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
cold iron good damage #1: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (5) = 13
cold iron good damage #2: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + (6) = 17

Ignoring cover from Lady V with deadeye bowman trait

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune CN Kitsune Mysterious Stranger 1/Picaroon 3 | AC 18 (19 vs. adj.), T 15 (16 vs. adj.), FF 13 | 28/28 hp | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will 0;| Init +6 | Percep +3 | CMD 19

Don't forget Harpocrates!

Scarab Sages

M Human Ranger 4 (Sable Company Marine) / HP 40, CMD 20, Init +4, Perc +6, AC 22/14/18, Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +4 (+2 vs divin.) / Spells 1st 0/1 /Active cond.: Gravity Bow // Harpocrates: HP: 20, Perc +5, AC 20/12/17, Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2

Harpocrate hasn't got a cold iron mouth. So he probably won't do any damage. But you should fire with your pistol to take the demon down.

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune CN Kitsune Mysterious Stranger 1/Picaroon 3 | AC 18 (19 vs. adj.), T 15 (16 vs. adj.), FF 13 | 28/28 hp | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will 0;| Init +6 | Percep +3 | CMD 19

That... is an extremely fair point!

If The Demon Is Not Yet Felled:
Vulpina takes another shot. This one somehow seems... less fancy?
Pistol Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Pistol Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
She also barks another command to her bandolier—yet another reload.

If The Demon Is Downed:
Vulpina drops her equipment for now and works on loading the big ballista.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Wenjeff fires another pair of arrows, one of which pierces the demonic skin of the goat-thing. It screams in pain, pushing smoke from it's nostrils. Denaria takes a deep breath in, mutters a prayer, lets the breath out, and sends a arrow right into the demon's eye. The goat's body drops to the floor, rolling once and falling from the wall to the streets below.

Vulpina, wasting no time, rouses the two conscripts and begins to lift the large ballista bolt. Needs one more person!

Break Length: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Those in bold can take four turns, everybody else take 3! Nicely done, that was hard.


Everybody in bold is up! Anyone who does not post within 24 hours will be botted.

Round 13

Wenjeff 12/40 HP
Harpocrates
Conney 14/21 HP
Yajima -1/34 HP unconscious, stable
Alrik 20/28

Denaria 28/32 HP
Lady Vulpina 10/28 HP

2 NPC Artillerists 9/27 HP
Huge Ballista 46 dmg 1 rounds remaining
Left Ballista 21 dmg 1 round remaining
Right Ballista 0 dmg 1 round remaining

Brimorak 69 dmg
Yellow Crusader 30 dmg

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Human Monk (Windstep Master) 4/ Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 2/ Champion of Irori 6 | HP 110/110 | AC 27 T 24 FF 23 | CMB +18, CMD 42 | F: +17, R: +15, W: +17 | Init: +3 | Perc: +22, SM: +16 | Speed 50ft | Lay on Hands 11/11 || Ki Pool 20/21 || Smite Evil/Chaos 1/4 | | Active conditions: Deflect Arrows, Deific Obedience

Assuming someone heals me at least 1hp.

Yajima pulls out his wand of CLW and heals himself with it while looking around at the outcome of the battle. "Are there more for us to hold back?"

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The Concordance

M Half-Orc Alchemist 3 | HP 21| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | BOMB: 8-Day 2d6+3 dc 14

CLW - Yajima: 1d8 ⇒ 4 Round 1
CLW Conney: 1d8 ⇒ 4 Round 2

Healing himself and Yajima, Conney heads over to the Huge Ballista to help continue to getting it ready to fire. Round 3 and 4

Dark Archive

LG M Dwarf Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 4 - HP 36/36 - AC 22, T 11, FF 21 - F+6*, R+2*, W+6* - Init: +1 - Perc +9 (DV, SC), SM +9 - Smite Evil 1/2 - Lay on Hands (2d6+4) 3/4 - Active Conditions: Nil

Alrik whips out a Wand and heals himself before giving Yajima a couple of shots of the good stuff as well.

"Come on lad. Back on ya feet! The fight aint over yet!"

Heal Self: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7
Yajima: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Yajima: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

One more action available which I'll keep in reserve for now until I see what everyone else is doing.

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune CN Kitsune Mysterious Stranger 1/Picaroon 3 | AC 18 (19 vs. adj.), T 15 (16 vs. adj.), FF 13 | 28/28 hp | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will 0;| Init +6 | Percep +3 | CMD 19

If anyone isn’t sure what to do with their turns, Vulpina would love to pick her items off of the ground. Let me know if you’re taking her place :P. ALSO—Wenjeff and I could use a hit of that sweet sweet healing. I’ve got a wand on the ground you can borrow :P or I can try to UMD it

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin 2/Warpriest 2 of Erastil|HP 31/32|AC 20 17 (T 16 13, FF 17 14)|CMB +4 CMD 20 (FF 14)|F:+8 R:+4 W:+10|Init +3|Perc +5|Bless 1/4 LoH 0/2 Ferv 2/4 Smite 0/1|Active: Shield of Faith, Smite

Denaria pulls her wand and heals herself and Yajima, then replaces it.

CLW for Denaria: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW for Denaria: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW for Yajima: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Alright, since most people have posted three rounds - and I want to fit in another encounter - I'm going to move us forward. It looks like we have enough people and remaining actions to keep the ballista firing non-stop and get the other two reloaded.

Break rounds remaining:

Vulpina: 3
Conney: 2
Wenjeff: 3
Alrik: 1
Yajima: 1

TWANG goes the giant ballista as it fires out again! The bolt collides into an approaching siege tower covered in undulating flesh. Convulsing, the thing leans over like it may fall any minute. A battalion of conscripted soldiers takes the opportunity and charges the thing. The battle may be swayed their way if you can get another shot to finish the gargantuan abomination off.

Event: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Yeah... that's not good. I'm going to take this opportunity to let you know that you are allowed to flee the battle by getting off the map on the right or left side. That allows you to flee into other defenders and make it down to the city streets where it is safer. Of course, this will leave a weak point in the wall but hey! You'll be safe.

This enormous... THING flies up the wall, landing with a heavy weight. Part man, part bee, the abomination is nearly ten feet tall and at least as wide. The six spiny legs end in points nearly as sharp as the scythe it carries. That's not to mention the very large stinger on it's back, dripping with poison. A cavernous voice echoes in your minds. "THEY HAVE SENT ME TO PUT YOU DOWN, DOGS. YOUR ANNOYANCE MUST BE TEMPORARY."

Initiative:

Yajima: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Conney: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Alrik: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Wenjeff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Lady Vulpina: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Denaria: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Demons: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35

As a creature with a MYTHIC template, it gets two turns each round. But, I think it will be ok if we follow block initiative. So after this first round, it will take two turns at once.

Knowledge (Religion), DC 17:

This being is known as the Scourge of Deskari. Like a centaur, it has the upper body of a man with the bottom half of a bee. There is little knowledge of it's origins as it shows up very rarely in the mortal plane. It is rumored to have incredible defensive strength and it's true weapon is the deadly poison it carries.

The demonic vermin lashes out at Denaria with it's tail, stinger bared. Thankfully she manages to dodge out of way just in time!

Sting @ Denaria: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Everybody in bold is up! Anyone who does not post within 24 hours will be botted. Please check your health below to ensure I am tracking it correctly.

Round 17


Conney 18/21 HP
Yajima 31/34 HP
Lady Vulpina 10/28 HP

Scourge of Deskari 0 dmg

Wenjeff 12/40 HP
Harpocrates
Alrik 27/28
Denaria 32/32 HP

2 NPC Artillerists 9/27 HP
Huge Ballista 46 dmg 2 rounds remaining
Left Ballista 21 dmg Ready to fire
Right Ballista 0 dmg Ready to fire

The Concordance

M Half-Orc Alchemist 3 | HP 21| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | BOMB: 8-Day 2d6+3 dc 14

Quickly turning with the loud voice in his head, Conney lobs a bomb at the , well, thing...

Bomb: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 = 14
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5) + 3 = 12

Scarab Sages

M Human Ranger 4 (Sable Company Marine) / HP 40, CMD 20, Init +4, Perc +6, AC 22/14/18, Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +4 (+2 vs divin.) / Spells 1st 0/1 /Active cond.: Gravity Bow // Harpocrates: HP: 20, Perc +5, AC 20/12/17, Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2

The ranger uses his three rounds of break to heal himself.

CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune CN Kitsune Mysterious Stranger 1/Picaroon 3 | AC 18 (19 vs. adj.), T 15 (16 vs. adj.), FF 13 | 28/28 hp | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will 0;| Init +6 | Percep +3 | CMD 19

Vulpina does the same, desperately tapping herself with the wand while muttering the command word.
UMD: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
UMD: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
UMD: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
She says something very vulgar in Tien when the... whatever-it-is appears, having not had nearly enough time to mend her own wounds.

GM, let it be known I am absolutely using Dodging Panache or Gunslinger’s Dodge to boost my AC by 4 and possibly shut down ranged attacks if this thing targets me.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Vulpina, looks like those are your Break-time actions and that you need to post your action for this round. Also waiting on Yajima before we move forward.

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Human Monk (Windstep Master) 4/ Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 2/ Champion of Irori 6 | HP 110/110 | AC 27 T 24 FF 23 | CMB +18, CMD 42 | F: +17, R: +15, W: +17 | Init: +3 | Perc: +22, SM: +16 | Speed 50ft | Lay on Hands 11/11 || Ki Pool 20/21 || Smite Evil/Chaos 1/4 | | Active conditions: Deflect Arrows, Deific Obedience

Before the demon arrives, Yajima takes out a potion of mage armor and drunks it. Totally forgot I had those.

Retreating isn't option for Yajima, it will be death or victory for him. Adopting his dragon stance, Yajima moves to a better position before attempting to bull rush the creature off the wall.

bull rush: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
reroll: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20 vs flat-footed CMD

also, just for our sake, can you check that "acts twice per turn" thing? As far as I know, that is a specific mythic ability I hope this guy doesnt have, not something all mythic creatures can do.

might as well roll that knowledge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

AC is 21, cant edit my tag line on mobile

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune CN Kitsune Mysterious Stranger 1/Picaroon 3 | AC 18 (19 vs. adj.), T 15 (16 vs. adj.), FF 13 | 28/28 hp | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will 0;| Init +6 | Percep +3 | CMD 19

Indeed-- wanted to know whether we were fighting or running before I made a turn.

"Crewmen! Retreat from the ballista, or at least find yourself upon the other side. You shall not fire any faster with a scythe in your back," urges Vulpina, taking a step backwards.

She focuses her aim with rapid speed, loosing a shot while its back is turned before falling into a defensive stance for if it turns around.

Pistol Attack Defensively: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Pistol Damage + Focused Aim: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

...If Yajima doesn't manage to shove it over the wall, anyway.

Consider my AC +7, so 25. Attack Defensively + Dodging Panache.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Yeah... It has the mythic Agile template...

Conney's bomb splashes over the demon, though most of the fire washes off in waves. Yajima collides with the infernal vermin, pushing it back a step. The back three feet slide off the wall. It nearly loses it's balance, then does! As it falls off and takes a bullet in the shoulder as it does! Oddly enough, Vulpina could have sworn that cold iron bullet should have dug deeper than that...

Avoid Damage (Fly, DC 10): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

You listen closely, over the din of battle. Instead of hearing a short fall followed by a sickening crunch, you hear the quick flapping of undersized wings!

Fly...: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The beast flies back up to the wall and lands beside Alrik triggering Attack of Opportunity. The beast's spike strikes out at the small dwarf!

Sting @ Alrik: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The attack misses, but the stinger comes crashing back down as quick as it came! Yet, it crashes into the wall again.

Sting @ Alrik: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

The two men at the ballista look at the demon, then back at the ballista. "Uh... what do we do?"

Everybody in bold is up! Anyone who does not post within 24 hours will be botted. Please check your health below to ensure I am tracking it correctly.

Round 17

Conney 18/21 HP
Yajima 31/34 HP
Lady Vulpina 12/28 HP
Wenjeff 25/40 HP
Harpocrates
Alrik 27/28
Denaria 32/32 HP

2 NPC Artillerists 9/27 HP
Huge Ballista 46 dmg 2 rounds remaining
Left Ballista 21 dmg Ready to fire
Right Ballista 0 dmg Ready to fire

Scourge of Deskari 6 dmg

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin 2/Warpriest 2 of Erastil|HP 31/32|AC 20 17 (T 16 13, FF 17 14)|CMB +4 CMD 20 (FF 14)|F:+8 R:+4 W:+10|Init +3|Perc +5|Bless 1/4 LoH 0/2 Ferv 2/4 Smite 0/1|Active: Shield of Faith, Smite

Cursing at the demon and vowing to bring it down, Denaria's nerves get the best of her.

Smite evil as a swift

smite, point blank deadly aim arrow #1: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 8
smite, point blank deadly aim arrow #2: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 9
smite, point blank cold iron good damage #1: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 + 2 + (2) = 17
smite, point blank cold iron good damage #2: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 2 + (5) = 18

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Those rolls make me so sad...

The demon looks to Denaria as her arrows go wide. "PRIESTESS... YOUR MORALS ARE YOUR FAILING."

The Concordance

M Half-Orc Alchemist 3 | HP 21| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | BOMB: 8-Day 2d6+3 dc 14

Conney, observing his bombs doing little to the monster, goes back to loading the ballista, hoping it will do more to the monster.

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune CN Kitsune Mysterious Stranger 1/Picaroon 3 | AC 18 (19 vs. adj.), T 15 (16 vs. adj.), FF 13 | 28/28 hp | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will 0;| Init +6 | Percep +3 | CMD 19

”Take cover on the far side!” directs Vulpina, hustling to the ballista on the left. Spinning it round, she levels it at the demon and fires!

Ballista Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Ballista Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 2, 4) = 14

Have yet to figure out what AC we’re lookin’ at.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Unfortunately...The ballista doesn't target Touch.

The ballista fires, but the demon deflects it casually with a front leg.


OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT
Pathfinders fire a large volley of siege weapons from the ramparts!

Scarab Sages

M Human Ranger 4 (Sable Company Marine) / HP 40, CMD 20, Init +4, Perc +6, AC 22/14/18, Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +4 (+2 vs divin.) / Spells 1st 0/1 /Active cond.: Gravity Bow // Harpocrates: HP: 20, Perc +5, AC 20/12/17, Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2

The archer, who had preferred withdraw this time, advances and fires another cold iron arrow.

Arrow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12

He demands to Harpocrate to stay away from this very difficult combat.

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Human Monk (Windstep Master) 4/ Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 2/ Champion of Irori 6 | HP 110/110 | AC 27 T 24 FF 23 | CMB +18, CMD 42 | F: +17, R: +15, W: +17 | Init: +3 | Perc: +22, SM: +16 | Speed 50ft | Lay on Hands 11/11 || Ki Pool 20/21 || Smite Evil/Chaos 1/4 | | Active conditions: Deflect Arrows, Deific Obedience

Yajima moves into his arms reach with the demon (provoking an AoO) before attempting to grapple the creature! "A great challenge. Fight me, demon."

grapple: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Denaria's arrows and Lady Vulpina's bolt are easily deflected by the mythic beast. Conney runs to the ballista and helps the men lift the bolt. Since Alrik is fairly busy, looks like you won't have another hand this round. I'll give you a half-round of credit.

Wenjeff's arrow flies straight towards the thing's heart, but is deflected by some demonic blessing. It instead strikes the demon in the shoulder, opening a small wound. The monk takes the moment to run forward, deftly dodging that deadly stinger. He grabs hold of the demon, holding three of the legs so that the vermin cannot move! Successfully grappled!

Sting @ Yajima: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Everybody in bold is up! Anyone who does not post within 24 hours will be botted. Please check your health below to ensure I am tracking it correctly. We'll give Alrik about 6 hours to post.

Round 17

Conney 18/21 HP
Yajima 31/34 HP
Lady Vulpina 12/28 HP
Wenjeff 25/40 HP
Harpocrates
Alrik 27/28
Denaria 32/32 HP

2 NPC Artillerists 9/27 HP
Huge Ballista 46 dmg 1.5 rounds remaining
Left Ballista 21 dmg Ready to fire
Right Ballista 0 dmg Ready to fire

Scourge of Deskari 13 dmg Grappled

Dark Archive

LG M Dwarf Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 4 - HP 36/36 - AC 22, T 11, FF 21 - F+6*, R+2*, W+6* - Init: +1 - Perc +9 (DV, SC), SM +9 - Smite Evil 1/2 - Lay on Hands (2d6+4) 3/4 - Active Conditions: Nil

"Aye thats the way! Keep the beastie still so I can hit it easier!"

Alrik roars at the demon and the sword and moon symbol on his armor flashes white. His entire body, his equipment & even his axe begins to pulse with a shining blue aura. He lines up his axe and lashes out...

Swft Action: Smite Evil. +4 AC on top of my listed value. Attacks ignore DR.
Attacccckkkkkk!!!: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 4 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 3 + 3 = 10

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Alrik's swing sinks deep into the being's chest, blowing right through all of it's protections. It howls into the sky, still wriggling against Yajima's grip. Then, the stinger comes down, twisting at an unnatural angle to stab Yajima right in the spine! There is a CRACK as several of the monk's ribs break.

Sting @ Yajima: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 2 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Sting @ Yajima: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 = 23 Confirmed. You take 19 damage and owe me a Fort save.
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Yajima fails a DC17 Fort Save...:

You have been poisoned! You lose 1d2 Con every round for this round and the next three. Each round, if you make the Fort Save you will ignore the results that round. If you do that two rounds in a row, you stave off the poison.

The beast wiggles a little, realizing it is still held in place! Unrelenting, it brings the stinger down against the monk once more, but is turned away by the monk's knee!

Sting @ Yajima: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 2 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Everybody in bold is up! Anyone who does not post within 24 hours will be botted.

Round 18

Conney 18/21 HP
Yajima 12/34 HP
Lady Vulpina 12/28 HP
Wenjeff 25/40 HP
Harpocrates
Alrik 27/28
Denaria 32/32 HP

2 NPC Artillerists 9/27 HP
Huge Ballista 46 dmg 1.5 rounds remaining
Left Ballista 21 dmg Ready to fire
Right Ballista 0 dmg Ready to fire

Scourge of Deskari 23 dmg Grappled

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune CN Kitsune Mysterious Stranger 1/Picaroon 3 | AC 18 (19 vs. adj.), T 15 (16 vs. adj.), FF 13 | 28/28 hp | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will 0;| Init +6 | Percep +3 | CMD 19

Is the left ballista still ready to fire?

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Human Monk (Windstep Master) 4/ Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 2/ Champion of Irori 6 | HP 110/110 | AC 27 T 24 FF 23 | CMB +18, CMD 42 | F: +17, R: +15, W: +17 | Init: +3 | Perc: +22, SM: +16 | Speed 50ft | Lay on Hands 11/11 || Ki Pool 20/21 || Smite Evil/Chaos 1/4 | | Active conditions: Deflect Arrows, Deific Obedience

fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
con damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Panting with every breath, bleeding from his spine, and dying to poison, Yajima gathers his strength before trying to pin the demon to the ground. "HRRRRRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

grapple maintain to pin: 1d20 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 5 = 28

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin 2/Warpriest 2 of Erastil|HP 31/32|AC 20 17 (T 16 13, FF 17 14)|CMB +4 CMD 20 (FF 14)|F:+8 R:+4 W:+10|Init +3|Perc +5|Bless 1/4 LoH 0/2 Ferv 2/4 Smite 0/1|Active: Shield of Faith, Smite

Seeing Yajima struggle with the demon, Denaria squints her eyes and aims true.

Smite ignores all DR
smite, point blank deadly aim arrow #1: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 24
smite, point blank deadly aim arrow #2: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 25
smite, point blank cold iron good damage #1: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 2 + (4) = 16
smite, point blank cold iron good damage #2: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 + 2 + (1) = 16

Then steps aside for Wenjeff to aim just as true.

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune CN Kitsune Mysterious Stranger 1/Picaroon 3 | AC 18 (19 vs. adj.), T 15 (16 vs. adj.), FF 13 | 28/28 hp | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will 0;| Init +6 | Percep +3 | CMD 19

I'm going to assume the left ballista is not ready to fire, since I fired it last turn, and GM simply forgot to update.

"YAJIMA!" yells the noble from the far side of the combat zone.

"AFTER THE BATTLE--" she begins, drawing back the cord.

"--TEA CEREMONY--"

She hefts a bolt.

"--YOU ARE MY GUEST OF HONOR--"

She loads it into the ballista.

"--I WILL BE CROSS WITH YOU IF YOU DIE BEFORE YOU CAN ATTEND!"

The Concordance

M Half-Orc Alchemist 3 | HP 21| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | BOMB: 8-Day 2d6+3 dc 14

Conney keeps loading, sweating the entire time, hoping that this bolt will actually connect.

Dark Archive

LG M Dwarf Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 4 - HP 36/36 - AC 22, T 11, FF 21 - F+6*, R+2*, W+6* - Init: +1 - Perc +9 (DV, SC), SM +9 - Smite Evil 1/2 - Lay on Hands (2d6+4) 3/4 - Active Conditions: Nil

Alrik winces as demonic stinger crashes through Yajima's defenses. The blue aura solidifies further as Alrik lashes out with his axe again....

"LEAVE HIM ALONNEEEEEEE"!!!

Kickin' Butts for Goodness!: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 4 = 29
Feel the Pain Demon!: 1d10 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 3 = 11

Scarab Sages

M Human Ranger 4 (Sable Company Marine) / HP 40, CMD 20, Init +4, Perc +6, AC 22/14/18, Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +4 (+2 vs divin.) / Spells 1st 0/1 /Active cond.: Gravity Bow // Harpocrates: HP: 20, Perc +5, AC 20/12/17, Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2

The archer fires two new cold iron arrows.

Arrow 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Damage 1: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9

Arrow 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Damage 2: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 1) + 4 = 10

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Vulpina, you are correct. It is not ready. Also, we'll say the two NPCs did another half round while you were all reacting to the demon. So it'll fire this round. (And despite the difficulties you've been seeing, we still have the most low-tier successes - at four.

Also, this is the last turn! In about 9 hours we'll be finding out the results of the siege.

Reminder on how Ability Damage Works:

Ability Damage: Damage to your Constitution score causes you to take penalties on your Fortitude saving throws. In addition, multiply your total Hit Dice by the Ability Damage penalty and subtract that amount from your current and total hit points. Lost hit points are restored when the damage to your Constitution is healed. See Ability Score Damage below.

So, Yajima loses 8 HP and is down to 4 remaining.

Yajima maintains his incredible hold on the creature, even wrenching the stinger into place! Everyone's arrows fly true, lining up with Alrik's axe! Blood sprays all over the wall as the beast screams. Yet it is still alive!!!

Break Free: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

It wrenches free of Yajima's grip in a desperate ploy. The stinger crashes down towards Alrik who is protected by a divine force!

Sting @ Alrik: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Miss
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

In the background the bolt flies off into the distance and finishes off the demonic siege tower! It crashes to the ground and is swarmed by conscripts!

Everybody in bold is up! Anyone who does not post within 24 hours will be botted.

Round 19

Conney 18/21 HP
Yajima 4/34 HP
Lady Vulpina 12/28 HP
Wenjeff 25/40 HP
Harpocrates
Alrik 27/28
Denaria 32/32 HP

2 NPC Artillerists 9/27 HP
Huge Ballista 46 dmg 5 rounds remaining
Left Ballista 21 dmg 1 round remaining
Right Ballista 0 dmg Ready to fire

Scourge of Deskari 70 dmg

Silver Crusade

Female Human Paladin 2/Warpriest 2 of Erastil|HP 31/32|AC 20 17 (T 16 13, FF 17 14)|CMB +4 CMD 20 (FF 14)|F:+8 R:+4 W:+10|Init +3|Perc +5|Bless 1/4 LoH 0/2 Ferv 2/4 Smite 0/1|Active: Shield of Faith, Smite

Denaria steps into the lane again and unleashes another volley at the smited demon.

smite, point blank deadly aim arrow #1: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 26
smite, point blank deadly aim arrow #2: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 11
smite, point blank deadly aim arrow #2: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 22 t-shirt reroll, why not?
smite, point blank cold iron good damage #1: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 + 2 + (4) = 14
smite, point blank cold iron good damage #2: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 2 + (1) = 14

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune CN Kitsune Mysterious Stranger 1/Picaroon 3 | AC 18 (19 vs. adj.), T 15 (16 vs. adj.), FF 13 | 28/28 hp | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will 0;| Init +6 | Percep +3 | CMD 19

Vulpina levels the ballista at the scourge and fires one more time!

Ballista Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Ballista Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 4, 4) = 18

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Human Monk (Windstep Master) 4/ Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 2/ Champion of Irori 6 | HP 110/110 | AC 27 T 24 FF 23 | CMB +18, CMD 42 | F: +17, R: +15, W: +17 | Init: +3 | Perc: +22, SM: +16 | Speed 50ft | Lay on Hands 11/11 || Ki Pool 20/21 || Smite Evil/Chaos 1/4 | | Active conditions: Deflect Arrows, Deific Obedience

I'm not sure what I want to do yet depending on the poison and if anyone can/will heal me, but I'll at least roll the poison save for now

fort save: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 1 = 20

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune CN Kitsune Mysterious Stranger 1/Picaroon 3 | AC 18 (19 vs. adj.), T 15 (16 vs. adj.), FF 13 | 28/28 hp | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will 0;| Init +6 | Percep +3 | CMD 19

Might be a great time to use that healing token. Anyone opposed?

401 to 450 of 461 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Siege of the Diamond City - GM Ewok All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.