Super Crime Fighter II

Game Master Legendary Sidekick

A superheroic RPG with "Round Tabletop" GM'ing!


1 to 50 of 1,101 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.

The City of Rooftopolis...!

—is celebrating the most fabulous time of the year! Baubles and prisms dangle from lampposts to light the streets with rainbows! Men don their patchwork coats, and ladies dye their hair with vibrant colors!

Yes, it's Crystalhue! Scarfdancing girls tumble about to the joyous jingling of bells and the beat pounded by a dozen drummer boys! Everyone is exchanging hand-crafted gifts and decorative gingerbread!

And Snowberry Hills is experiencing a white Crystalhue. Giant flakes flutter to the ground, which will soon be color-splashed by wizards and alchemists and priestesses of Shelyn! Oh, what fun it is to party with the socialites!

As for our heroes on patrol... it's a bit nippy out there, but a little frost-nibble on one's nose is a small price to pay to ensure the citizens celebrate a safe and happy holiday!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Alchemist lv. 5

Crystalhue... It's joyful laughter, vivid colors, happy music coming from all around, and beautiful bright white snow... It's nothing but pointless parties, a cacophony of deafening noise, and the blinding glare from a flurry of frozen water. Dr. Mathias Mavrin with his jaw set in a frim frown and his pale orange-yellow eyes darting every which way, walks down the street dressed the same as always, a long grey coat, long grey boots, and (you guessed it!) long grey gloves, this all covering pale grey skin. The only bit of color on him was a pair of large golden goggles and a long peppermint striped scarf billowing behind him. As he weaved quickly through the crowd he muttered disapproval at a kissing couple, nearly tripped over a passed out drunk, was almost toppled over by a group of children chasing each other through his freakishly long legs, and had a trumpet blasted into his ear, the entire time getting colorful confetti thrown on him and being jostled by the enormous crowd. He was half way to the tea house were he would meet his appointed partner but he couldn't wait. He leaned on a stone grey wall, blending in like some sort of mutated chameleon. He pulled out a sliver, gold, and black box and flipped it open revealing white powder. The doctor let out a sigh of relief, and with pure bliss scoops some onto his long skinny finger, and lifted it slowly to his long pointed nose when... A passer by bumps into the doctor, knocking off the powder of his finger and some of the powder out of the box. The doctor emits a soft growl as he snaps the round snuff box shut and shoves it back into his poket and bends down to retrieve his suitcase when he sees a glistering candy cane wrapped up in a cute little bow. He picks it up, inspects it for dirt takes off the bow(which he puts in his poket) and puts the candy cane in his mouth, the end sticking out.

"At least one good thing comes from this pointless holiday" Mavrin thinks to himself as he grabs his suitcase and begins makes double time to the tea house.

Unknown to him, he has a slight hint of a smile, and is humming softy along with the music.


Male LG Human (Taldan) Wizard 5 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 15 | CMB: +6/+1, CMD: 21 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13/+15, SM: +2/+4 | Speed 30ft | Acid Dart: 9/9 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 | Mage Armor - Shield

As the denizens of Rooftopolis go about their revelry, a regal black warhorse and his rider turn off the main thouroughfair. Pacing closely behind, a pair of poodles follow the rider to a coach house behind Madam Bont's tea room.

A few minutes later, Caledon Whitetree stepped through doors of Madam Bont's, a refreshment room known with for it's affordable yet sufficiently varied bill of fare.

From a perch across the road, a gyrfalcon keeps watch over the tea house.


Caledon enters the tea room shortly after Dr. Marvin, who is now seated at his usual table, with a hot cup warming his hands and a stripeless candy cane soothing his taste buds.

Hunter Whitetree keeps watch from his birds-eye vantage, granting our heroes precious minutes to sip their tea in peace, until the clock strikes the hour marking the start of the night shift...


Male Human Alchemist lv. 5

Dr. Mavrin is sitting in "his" large orange sitting chair, enjoying his complimentary Crystalhue cup of tea and debating on whether he should finish off his candy cane (which he does, he had already taken all the free ones in the bowl on the table and slipped them into his poket), with his eyes closed listening to the soft murmur of the mostly empty tea house and, for once, not thinking about anything in particular; just relaxing. That is in till his little bit of heaven is destroyed by the sound of the door opening. He opens his eyes slowly to see the man who decided it would be prudent to disturb his moment of joy. He looks at his poket watch and sees if this is indeed the man he's supposed to meet is at least on time. The doctor then nods in approval when he sees that the man is a few minutes early. Mavrin then signals the serving girl to carry out the task he had assigned her, to ask the stranger if he was here to meet some one and, if so, to seat and serve him here. He then sits up straight, takes a sip of his tea, and begins to darts his eyes around the room and the stranger, inspecting every nook, determined to not be left in the dark about anything.


Male LG Human (Taldan) Wizard 5 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 15 | CMB: +6/+1, CMD: 21 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13/+15, SM: +2/+4 | Speed 30ft | Acid Dart: 9/9 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 | Mage Armor - Shield

The young servering girl greets Caledon with a smile. "Master Whitetree, the gentleman in the orange high back asks if you are his appointment if so, he asks you to sit with him."

"Ah, Julie. Yes, we do have an engagement." The wizard says, handing her his cloak. "Please inform Madam Bont that two bachelors, who aught to have found respectable wives by now, are meeting in her establishment. Mention too, that one of the ruffians is demanding his usual and talking about playing sheep knuckle on her elvish rug.

"Of course." The girl says as she turns to put away his cloak.

"Oh, and I believe that Shelyn may have left something for you in the pocket of my cloak.

In a moment the dark haired wizard is across the room and extending hand to Doctor Marvin.


Male Human Alchemist lv. 5

Dr. Mavrin, let's the man's hand hover in front of him for a moment (that feels like forever) before he take a sip of tea and sets his cup down. He then rises, purposely slowly, using full advantage of his tall and slender frame to cast an odd shadow over the other man. The doctor extends a hand and shakes. Although he was wearing gloves earlier, just had a warm drink in hand, and it was quite warm in the room, his pale grey hand is ice cold.

"Sir Whitetree, I presume?" he says with a false smile that conveys no warmth or joy.
The entire time he scans the wizard from head to toe.

can I get a description of Cal?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Human (Taldan) Wizard 5 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 15 | CMB: +6/+1, CMD: 21 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13/+15, SM: +2/+4 | Speed 30ft | Acid Dart: 9/9 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 | Mage Armor - Shield

Caledon grasps the alchemist’s right hand with his own, then gives him a solid pat on the back with his free hand. “Little buddy, you may presume that you’ll be vomiting spiders for a week if you don’t cut the childish dominance games. If you’re in this for your ego and not the city, quit now.”

The wizard then pushes past the doctor and flops down in the orange chair formerly occupied by Mathias. He picks up the alchemist’s tea and says “I’m supposed to be teaching you tonight. Lesson one - gentlemen don’t meet in ladies drawing rooms for tea and scones."

He sniffs the tea, grimaces and pours it into a potted plant “Lesson two, if a gentleman does take a luncheon in the city he drinks whiskey and seltzer.”

He gives his peer a hard look “Do you have any other questions for the ‘Great and Powerful’ Caledon Whitetree?”

If Dr. Marvin cares to notice anything about Caledon’s appearance throughout this encounter, he might note that the Wizard is a tall, well-groomed man in his early thirties and is athletically built. He’s well-muscled, broad in the shoulder and narrow at the hip. Whitetree is currently dressed in a gentleman’s frock coat with a mandarin collar and gold filigree on the cuffs. Adorning the coat is an extremely ornate brooch.

Caledon looks like this LINK and this evening's outfit looks a lot like this LINK


Male Human Alchemist lv. 5

What... Was... That?!?!? H-he invaded my p-personal space... Tea?!? A women's drink?! Either this man thinks he's clever or he is not as respectable man as his attire would suggest! And whiskey?!? Father never drank a drop in his life, and had made sure to drill that into little Mathias' head. B-but what if this fool is right? Mavrin begins to reach for his notebook intending to write down these questions to search for the answers later, b-but w-what if that is considered ungentlemanly as well? But I already made the motion to grab it from my poket! Wait. The snuff box! Yes, the snuff box!

The the doctor's frown seems to deepen, then he reaches for his poket and pulls out his snuff box, flips it open, and then sniffs up some of the powder.

The panic seems to clear...
That's better.

Dr. Mavrin turns around and begins to sit in the opposite chair while replying with "I apologise if I offended you, Master Whitetree, I was simply lost in thought. My name is Dr. Mathias Mavrin."

Why am I not mad? Yes, the powder has a slight sedative effect but not at this caliber... Well... It was quite impressive that he was able to stand up for himself... Few can usually do so in my presence.

Yes... He is quite intelligent... Father always said a man of the mind is a man who deserves respect.

Though did he have to poor out the tea?


Bonnnnnggggg... bonnnnnggggg... bonnnnnggggg...

The bell tolls the eleventh hour as our heroes shake hands and converse. Moments later, the meeting is interrupted by a female voice that only the gentlemen can perceive:

"Sir Whitetree, Dr. Marvin. May I have your attention?" the dispatcher asks, though the men have no means of replying to the voice inside their brains. "I have a report of women leaping off the roof of the Bellum residence, address: 69 Yodelina Valley Lane, Snow Berry Hills. Please report to this address immediately."

By Caledon's warhorse, our heroes should arrive before half past the hour.


Male Human Alchemist lv. 5

Jumping? How messy. How uncivilized. How stupid.

The voice didn't surprise Mathias. He had concluded that they would use a similar method. But what a bother this would be, having to stop a woman from jumping? The only (yeah right) reason he is going to stop this is so she can off herself in a respectable manner.

He stands up, when something occurs to him. He turns to face Cal.
"Erm... You didn't happen to arrive by taxi carriage? Because I left my bicycle at my laboratory and that address is a tad far away..." Mavrin says with a slight nerve in his voice and a mouth open frown.


Male LG Human (Taldan) Wizard 5 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 15 | CMB: +6/+1, CMD: 21 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13/+15, SM: +2/+4 | Speed 30ft | Acid Dart: 9/9 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 | Mage Armor - Shield

Whitetree bows his head slightly in a gesture of acquiescence. “In that case, it’s a pleasure to meet you Doctor."

Before he can say anything else Seamus’ dispatcher interrupts and the Doctor inquiries about transport.

“My horse and gear are in the coach house of the adjoining mews road. Surely, they’ve a horse or carriage for rent.

He stands up clearly intending to make his way toward the door but pauses “Ladies jumping from roof tops...Do you think we should get two double whiskies to go?"


Male Human Alchemist lv. 5

The wizard makes a few remarks, including how much of a pleasure it is to meet the good doctor, as it should be. His last remark fails to stroke Mathias ego though.

Don't you DARE make another coy remark or you will find poison in your next glass of precious whiskey!

"No, I doubt it will be necessary... Candy Cane?"

Now I'll have to call a carriage, won't I? There probably won't be one open though... Stupid holiday.


At the coach house, Coachman Bill "Checkmate" Bobbity recognizes our heroes as the men on watch tonight. He says, "I have not a thing for rent, Monsieurs. All coaches are in use for the holiday. Best I can do is drive you personally to the destination of your choosing. If this is about your nightwatch business, there will be no charge."

It seems our heroes must either accept Mr. Bobbity's offer, or Caledon can take his own horse, but without a coach.


Female Half-Elf lv.6 gunslinger/warpriest
stats:
|HP:72/72|Grit:1|AC:21 (T:18 F13) | CMB:8 CMD:23 |F:7 R:10 W:6| Init:+6 | Perc:+14 | SM:+10 | Speed: 30 FT | Active conditions- None|
other abilities:
|Grit: 1/1=deeds & dares|Fervor or channel 2d6 4/4|Sacred weapon +1 6/6 1d8|spells: 0-5 1-4/4 2-3/3 spell list

Meanwhile, Cashara Aivion was in remote backwater district when she herd a knock on the door.
She went and answered it, receiving a telegram, she went back into her room
and read the message.
She dropped the sheet of paper on her desk, leaned back a bit in her chair and sighed.
They where asking for her again.
The Note read
"Miss Aivion.
We still await a response from our last message.
we are eagerly awaiting your answer.
we can't wait much longer, we need to know if you are going to join up or not.
We could use you in ways the force never could, you would be in the heat again.
I still wait a reply.
~a friend"

She sat there and though 'I could leave them hanging a bit longer' but then she looked at it again "we can't wait much longer" it read.

She picked up a pen and some paper and started writing her response.
"I will come, I just need more time to settle some things.
I will be there withing the week.
~Miss Aivion"

She packed a few things, and left to send her message and to get an offer on her place.


Male LG Human (Taldan) Wizard 5 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 15 | CMB: +6/+1, CMD: 21 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13/+15, SM: +2/+4 | Speed 30ft | Acid Dart: 9/9 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 | Mage Armor - Shield

Taking the candy cane given to him by Dr. Marvin from his mouth, Caledon replies "Thank you Master Bobbity. I purchased Arangin and his saddle from that tinker caravan that’s arrived for Crystalhue. The saddle is custom designed for the performances and stunts of their circuits show and unfortunately won’t fit two."

Hearing his voice, two large poodles enter the stable from the open door of Checkmate’s office. " Charlabu and Thunder did not give you any trouble did they? They’ve been excitable since yesterday’s hunt on Barronet Glin's property.

With the candy cane back in his mouth, Caledon removes his frock coat and throws it over one shoulder. In a moment he has it stored inside Arangin’s saddlebags and a custom adventurer’s sash strapped over his shirt. The bandolier has been modified into a set of suspenders instead of a single sash. Three pouches adorn each suspender. Attached to the loops under each pouch is a scroll case and sown onto the outside sash's hip pouch are three more scroll cases.

Still not done donning his equipment, the wizard puts on a spell pouch and two wrist sheaths.

A bit embarrassed to have onlookers watch him strap on an arsenal, he says to the Doctor. “This could be just some young ladies playing a Crystalhue prank, but if Brother Seamus is willing to pay for a sending then we should be prepared for any eventuality"

After loading a pair of wands into his wrist sheaths he offers: “I could summon a spare mount if you wish.”


While the men gallop toward the scene, at least one patrolwoman has already arrived at the Bellum Residence.

Torches light the walkway, and our heroine can't help but notice the chill is far colder than usual, even at a high elevation on the Winter Solstice. Perhaps it is the chill down her spine as she sees the imprint of a body in the snow. The body is not there. Just a generous amount of red spattered about. Red drag marks carve the snow from front yard to front door.


Male Human Alchemist lv. 5

"Ah... No need... That is... Er... Well... Coachman? I will take you up on that offer... Please..." Dr. Mavrin replies while holding up his briefcase in front of him like a shield, taking what seems to be a involuntary step backwards from the dogs and horse. Why anyone would own anything other than cats and insects, was something Mathias would never be able to figure out.

Mathias sets himself down in Mr. Bobbity's carriage. It was a little less ornate than the ones he was used to, but it beat riding the dreadful beast, and Father always said "nothing in the world is free, but when it is, take it."

"Wise words" Mathias thinks to himself, as the snuff box slips out again bearing promise of a clear head.

Of course it only clears it for a moment, because when the doctor thanks the Coachman, gets out, and sees the odd scene, equations are already formulating.


Female NG Rogue 5 Human | HP: 40/40 | AC: 19 (16 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +1, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft || Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC), Jump (+20 Acrobatics).

What beautiful colors and joyous music! The jostling crowds wishing each other good cheer. Crystalhue, the best time of year! The snow, ice skating, parties and best of all, presents! It reminds me of my boisterous family. That reminds me. I must visit my parents now that the caravan is here. I need to go shopping soon.

Vetalia Ke’aka gave a happy little twirl in the cold night air with her wool coat billowing and violet scarf flaring. A black leopard batted at the trailing end of the scarf while a large wasp buzzed angrily at the young lady.

I wonder how Caledon is this evening? I think he said he was working tonight? Something about a new partner. Caledon better not chase him away. He can be a little overwhelming, but I like a challenge.

Bonnnnnggggg… bonnnnnggggg… bonnnnnggggg…

“Ms. Ke’aka, I have a report of women leaping off the roof of the Bellum residence, address: 69 Yodelina Valley Lane, Snow Berry Hills. I know you are not working tonight, but I believe you are quite close, and we could use your assistance.”

“Come, Meno and Umbra. We have young ladies throwing themselves about and unfortunately not at young men.

Vetalia and her companions rushed to the stable to retrieve her horse, Andua. Within minutes, they are nothing but a spray of snow.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The men arrive on horse and in coach, and see Vetalia is already on the torch-lit walkway leading to the body-print in the snow. Above the body-print, carved snow along the slope of the roof confirms a person came from above. The drop into snow is about fifteen feet—maybe closer to twenty? Itshouldn't make a bloody mess upon landing, yet there are red spatter marks all around and the body-print itself, from the neck down to the ankles, is quite red.

Dr. Marvin:
Though it is night, there is something about the red. It's more like the red of your candy cane, and the way it mixes with the snow... maybe it's due to your work as an alchemist, but you have reason to believe blood wouldn't mix with snow to make pink. The red and white of your candy cane, how they mix as you gradually consume the holiday treat... it's the same pink.

Footprints along side reddish-pink drag marks imply the body was taken inside the house. The footprints of the person who dragged the body are of bare feet. There's a glitter outlining the prints.

Vetalia:
Whoever this Glitter-Foot person is, she probably wears the same shoe size as you do.

If not for the spattery body-print, the giant snowflakes and woundrously white surroundings are quite heavenly. Our heroes have all heard the phrase 'hit as hells'... is there a 'cold as heavens' saying as well? Perhaps it's because our heroes have never been to Snow Berry Hills on the longest night of the year, and outdoors so close to midnight to boot, but none of our heroes have experienced weather this cold unless they've been to a snow-capped mountain.


Female Half-Elf lv.6 gunslinger/warpriest
stats:
|HP:72/72|Grit:1|AC:21 (T:18 F13) | CMB:8 CMD:23 |F:7 R:10 W:6| Init:+6 | Perc:+14 | SM:+10 | Speed: 30 FT | Active conditions- None|
other abilities:
|Grit: 1/1=deeds & dares|Fervor or channel 2d6 4/4|Sacred weapon +1 6/6 1d8|spells: 0-5 1-4/4 2-3/3 spell list

Cashara pops around a corner about a block away and sees the small gathering.

Naturally, her officer training kicks in and the moves toward the sceen to see what is going on.

Upon getting there, she sees the imprint.
judging from what appears to be the fall, she tends to thing the victim of the fall was killed before it.


Male Human Alchemist lv. 5

The Doctor doesn't seem to notice the two ladys who have arrived. He immediately cuts across the snow covered yard making a B-line to the imprint.

Unless any one stops him, Mavrin bends down and dips his gloved finger into the stained snow. Blood and snow should not be pink. He brings it to his mouth, and without hesitation, licks it off.


Female Half-Elf lv.6 gunslinger/warpriest
stats:
|HP:72/72|Grit:1|AC:21 (T:18 F13) | CMB:8 CMD:23 |F:7 R:10 W:6| Init:+6 | Perc:+14 | SM:+10 | Speed: 30 FT | Active conditions- None|
other abilities:
|Grit: 1/1=deeds & dares|Fervor or channel 2d6 4/4|Sacred weapon +1 6/6 1d8|spells: 0-5 1-4/4 2-3/3 spell list

Chashara steps over to him and seeing him taste it
"how does it taste?" she asked.

she was dressed in a dark red button up shirt, a skirt, and a leather jacket.
Any heels she wore where only 3 inches or less to keep up her mobility.


As the good doctor suspects, his taste test proves not to be an act of cannibalism.

Taste:
It tastes like paint.

I have no idea how anyone would know the taste of paint, or how I can describe something as tasting paint-like without using the word "paint." So I'll just tell you: it's paint.


Male Human Alchemist lv. 5

The doctor's face contorts in a odd way.
"Paint. It's paint." the doctor says with a soft, annoyed growl. Who jumped off a roof and stained the hole with paint? Wait. Unless Sir Whitetree's voice suddenly changed, who asked that question? Mavrin glances to his right to see a girl. Mavrin straightens up and takes a step back.
"Miss? Is... Is this your doing?" Mavrin asks as he looks around, now taking a head count. His eyes had returned to the shifty darting, compared to his momentary tunnel vision.

What has this turned into, a sideshow attraction?

The doctor also shifts his eyes toward the house, street and surroundings, taking careful note of what they look like and what's there.


Female Half-Elf lv.6 gunslinger/warpriest
stats:
|HP:72/72|Grit:1|AC:21 (T:18 F13) | CMB:8 CMD:23 |F:7 R:10 W:6| Init:+6 | Perc:+14 | SM:+10 | Speed: 30 FT | Active conditions- None|
other abilities:
|Grit: 1/1=deeds & dares|Fervor or channel 2d6 4/4|Sacred weapon +1 6/6 1d8|spells: 0-5 1-4/4 2-3/3 spell list

"No, this is not my doing, I'm about as curious ad you about this matter." she said giving him a bit of an annoyed stare.
"I may have in interest in what has happened and what will soon happen. I intend to not over look this." She gives a sigh "If the police ignores this I'll be even more upset."

She looked him up and down in quick fashion, noting what she could about him, his clothes and how he stood.

"I should introduce myself." she said "I'm Cashara Aivion. and I hope to latter be pleased to make you acquaintance."
She held out her hand for a shake.


Female NG Rogue 5 Human | HP: 40/40 | AC: 19 (16 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +1, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft || Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC), Jump (+20 Acrobatics).

As Vetalia arrives, she used her Hat of Disguise to reveal her Shinobi Shozuku outfit fading into a dusky white and her scarf matching. “Umbra, stay,” she said softly with a cutting hand gesture.

Vetalia decides to case the house as if she were trying to break in. Any open windows on the upper floors, especially near the carved slope of the roof? How close is the house to its neighbors? Is it easily scalable? Are there any topiary in the yard to scuttle behind for cover? How deep is the snow and is it iced over? How brightly lit is the house and are there any sounds of a party or life coming from within? Are there any gawkers on or near the premises that may have observed the fall?

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19


From beyond the house, a scream is heard, followed by a splash, and more high-pitched screams.

Up to you whether you knock on the front door, or follow the torch-lit walkway to the back yard.


Female Half-Elf lv.6 gunslinger/warpriest
stats:
|HP:72/72|Grit:1|AC:21 (T:18 F13) | CMB:8 CMD:23 |F:7 R:10 W:6| Init:+6 | Perc:+14 | SM:+10 | Speed: 30 FT | Active conditions- None|
other abilities:
|Grit: 1/1=deeds & dares|Fervor or channel 2d6 4/4|Sacred weapon +1 6/6 1d8|spells: 0-5 1-4/4 2-3/3 spell list

Cashara no waiting for a reply at this point, rushes over to where the scream came from. she pulled out her revolver from under her jacket on the way there and had it at the ready.

When she got there she looked around for any suspects, culprits, people in trouble, Ect.


Vetalia:
It sounds like the screams of excited young ladies engaged in some sort of thrill-seeking activity.


Female Half-Elf lv.6 gunslinger/warpriest
stats:
|HP:72/72|Grit:1|AC:21 (T:18 F13) | CMB:8 CMD:23 |F:7 R:10 W:6| Init:+6 | Perc:+14 | SM:+10 | Speed: 30 FT | Active conditions- None|
other abilities:
|Grit: 1/1=deeds & dares|Fervor or channel 2d6 4/4|Sacred weapon +1 6/6 1d8|spells: 0-5 1-4/4 2-3/3 spell list

Once Cashara reaches the back and sees what is going on, she quickly puts the gun away and calms herself as to not bring on a scare.


Avian | HP: 50/50 | AC: 19[23] (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 9 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Low light Vision | Perc: +15 SM: +3 | Speed 10ft | fly 60ft (average) | Active Conditions: Mage Armor - Haste

Gliding silently thermal currents of the chilled air, Hunter follows Cashara, watching her back.

Preception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16


Female NG Rogue 5 Human | HP: 40/40 | AC: 19 (16 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +1, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft || Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC), Jump (+20 Acrobatics).

Young ladies squealing in excitement? Red paint? What are they up to?

"Gentlemen, may we join our overeager gunslinger at the back of the house? It may be some Crystalhue revelry, but I would be on our guard due to the extreme chills I am experiencing. I never disavow a hunch."

"Be on guard, Meno," Vetalia breaths quietly.


Female NG Rogue 5 Human | HP: 40/40 | AC: 19 (16 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +1, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft || Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC), Jump (+20 Acrobatics).

Walking briskly in the path of the gunslinger, she comes even with her. Hands on hips, Vetalia cocks her head at the sight presented to her. Meno hovering silently does the same.


In the back yard, there are several ladies wearing nothing but body paint. Some are partially submerged in a steaming pool of water. Rainbow colors swirl along the surface.

It is hard to believe anyone would be skinny-dipping in such frigid weather. Even if the water is somehow magically heated, it doesn't explain how those outside the water are unaffected by the cold.

Most of the women are human. Two notable exceptions are a gold-spotted nagaji, and another nagaji on the roof over the pool. She painted bright green with legs painted red and white like peppermint sticks.

The nagaji in the water calls out, "You can do it, Sockhop!" She stands up to cheer her friend on, not at all bothered by the way all of the paint from her waist down has washed off.

The nagaji on the roof replies, "I'm scared, Jitterbug!" She says that, but screams and jumps into the pool at the sight of Cashara's gun.

By the time she pokes her head from the water, she sees that the gunslinger has holsted the weapon, and none of the other women are panicked by the clothed intruders.

A golden-haired silver-bodied woman emerges from the sliding door of the residence. She is escorting a woman who is red from the neck down, though the paint is drippy and faded.

"Merry Crystalhue," the silver woman says to the uninvited guests. "I am Sister Bellum, priestess of Shelyn. What brings you ladies to my humble abode?"


Male LG Human (Taldan) Wizard 5 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 15 | CMB: +6/+1, CMD: 21 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13/+15, SM: +2/+4 | Speed 30ft | Acid Dart: 9/9 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 | Mage Armor - Shield

"A mischievous monk apparently." Caledon deadpans as he and his dogs round the corner.


Female Half-Elf lv.6 gunslinger/warpriest
stats:
|HP:72/72|Grit:1|AC:21 (T:18 F13) | CMB:8 CMD:23 |F:7 R:10 W:6| Init:+6 | Perc:+14 | SM:+10 | Speed: 30 FT | Active conditions- None|
other abilities:
|Grit: 1/1=deeds & dares|Fervor or channel 2d6 4/4|Sacred weapon +1 6/6 1d8|spells: 0-5 1-4/4 2-3/3 spell list

"we thought there was a problem" She said, seemingly unfazed
"we see now that everything's fine"

she turned and left how undignified. they should all be ashamed she thought as she made her way back to the front

"don't go back there, you don't want to see it" she said "and the red paint mystery is salved, they are all painted"

She went to the side walk "if there is nothing else to be done, I have things to do" and with that she began to walk away.


Female NG Rogue 5 Human | HP: 40/40 | AC: 19 (16 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +1, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft || Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC), Jump (+20 Acrobatics).

Hmm. Ladies gone wild. Kinda reminds me of my Aunts with a few too many.

With a smile and a dip of the head, Vetalia addresses the beautiful silver-hued woman.
"We were told of ladies jumping from roofs and were asked to investigate."


Names:
Silkworm, Jitterbug, Sockhop, Rackpat, Moonitune, Ragdoll, Mudpie, Toadstool

Sockhop and Jitterbug smile and wave at Caledon. "Hi, Cal!" Jitterbug shouts excitedly.

Sockhop says, "One of your Shelyn-worshipping coworkers couldn't make it to the party, so she gave us her tickets!"


Sister Bellum replies to Vetalia, "Well, thank you for your concern. But while I've no objection to your checking the yard, why didn't you request to enter my home. It is warm inside—surely, you must be freezing out here."

Jitterbug tells Caledon, "The priestesses cast a spell so we wouldn't freeze. Then we decided to make the party a pool party!"

Sockhop asks Sister Bellum, "Can we cast the spell on the investigators?"

Sister Bellum nods.

All who are interested may have Endure Elements cast upon them.


Female NG Rogue 5 Human | HP: 40/40 | AC: 19 (16 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +1, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft || Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC), Jump (+20 Acrobatics).

"I'm game." Vetalia agrees with a grin.

I would not mind losing the chill. What sweet joy and innocence they exude.


Male Human Alchemist lv. 5

Dr. Mavrin take the leaving strangers warning. He pulls out a candy cane (5 left) and turns to the large cat sitting in the snow.

"Wait or knock?" he asks the cat. He then turns to check if Mr. Bobbity was still present.


Female NG Rogue 5 Human | HP: 40/40 | AC: 19 (16 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +1, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft || Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC), Jump (+20 Acrobatics).

Umbra cocks her head and yawns.


Male LG Human (Taldan) Wizard 5 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 15 | CMB: +6/+1, CMD: 21 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13/+15, SM: +2/+4 | Speed 30ft | Acid Dart: 9/9 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 | Mage Armor - Shield

"Well, it is a bit chilly.


Sockhop casts the spell on Caledon and again thanks him for her gift of freedom. Sister Bellum casts the spell on Vetalia.

Both feel that the outdoors is the perfect temperature, and for the next twenty-four hours, they will neither shiver from extreme cold nor sweat from extreme heat.

Jitterbug asks, "Doesn't your cowgirl friend want my spell? I can put a robe on if she's shy."


Male LG Human (Taldan) Wizard 5 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 15 | CMB: +6/+1, CMD: 21 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13/+15, SM: +2/+4 | Speed 30ft | Acid Dart: 9/9 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 | Mage Armor - Shield

Sending a prude like Marvin into the clutches of a naked Sockhop is sort thing that would tickle Seamus’ fancy. However, while he might be eccentric Seamus takes the watch seriously and the old monk seems to have a sixth sense for danger to his city. Come to think of it, the chill in the air had an almost preternatural bite to it. The reveling ladies might have missed the signs of danger due to the priestess’s protection from the cold.

He deliberately avoids thinking of the words ‘Winter Fey’ but still the hair on the back of his neck stands up.

‘‘Ho boys.” The wizard said, give the poodles command to be on the alert.

Charlabu,(Perception): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Thunder (Perception): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Caledon scans the back yard too (Perception): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

While scanning the yard for trouble or odds signs, Whitetree taps the center of his forehead three times and says “templa elee.” Elevish for “magic eye,” Caledon casts detect magic
“Thank you Sockhop. It’s good to see you and Jitterbug again. Have you noticed anything odd? Other than the cowgirl I mean?”

Suspicious that the chili in the air might be unnatural, Caledon takes a moment to consider some of his old lessons on meteorology and compares it to what he knows about Rooftopolis’ geopgraphy.

Knowledge Nature : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Knowledge Geography: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Although still concentrating on the magical auras now visible to his third eye, the wizard doesn’t wish to be rude. “Sister Bellum, I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure of meeting you. I am Caledon Whitree, spicemonger and junior member of Brother Seamus’ citizen patrol.”

Is Caledon familiar with the local Shelyn sect or has he heard about Sister Bellum? (Knowledge Religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Female NG Rogue 5 Human | HP: 40/40 | AC: 19 (16 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +1, R: +9, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft || Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC), Jump (+20 Acrobatics).

Ms. Jitterbug, we have an additional member of our party out front. He may be amenable to receiving your blessing. remembering the extremely tall character we left on the front lawn.

Vetalia sees Caledon working some magic.

Vetalia turns back to the sister. “Sister Bellum, have you noticed anything odd? Does it seem colder than it should be this time of year?”

Vetalia looks around at the backyard in search of anything out of place, such as thick frost on the eaves of the house or trees, any snapping of sap in the trees from extreme temperature fluctuations, any frozen little animals on the outskirts of the area.

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


Caledon:
On nature: the temperature is what you would expect at this time of night if the elevation were 5,000-10,000 feet higher, or at the current elevation but at a latitude much closer to the polar regions.

On searching for the source: nothing suspicious in the immediate area other than the extreme cold itself.

On religion: Sister Bellum is involved with the art community. She tends to celebrate her goddess at art galleries or outdoor musical performances. Only women are invited to her home for worship. Brother Seamus says she's an odd duck, but trustworthy. She recommended one of the new recruits—who of course has the night off as all Shelyn-worshippers do.

Sister Bellum replies, "It is indeed a pleasure to meet you. Brother Seamus mentioned your name at a recent luncheon. I recommended a fashion designer, and he said you're showing new recruits the proverbial ropes. It certainly appears you know much about fashion. I trust my lady friend is in good hands then."

Sockhop says, "I'm not from around here, but the local girls said it's never this cold."

Sister Bellum agrees. "My friend Elsa and I were just talking about that while I was healing her. She's the one who slipped off the roof. She lives by the peak and said the temperature dropped quite suddenly as she left her home to come here. When she arrived, the weather was still tolerable. Two glasses of wine later, we all felt the abrupt chill. Fortunately, we had all agreed too prepare the Endure Elements spell in case the mood arose for a midnight stroll."

Jitterbug dons a silk robe and goes out front to cast Endure Elements on Dr. Marvin. If Cashara allows, she will cast the spell on her as well.


Male Human Alchemist lv. 5

Dr. Mavrin sees that the man who had given him a ride here was gone and then snezzes.
What? I... Snezzed? I normally don't get this cold... Peculiar...

Well wasn't this just great?!? Left out on the front lawn of some house alone, except giant cat, on Crystalhue!

At least he had the cat.

He then turns to see a robed lizard woman walk around from the side of the house.

1 to 50 of 1,101 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Super Crime Fighter II All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.