Dwarves of Gold Peak

Game Master Nathanael Love

Three months after a crushing defeat, the Dwarves of Gold Peak must band together, defend the city, rally their forces and allies, and eventually rescue the captured King Dak Nimbus.


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,275 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Cloud Dwarf | HP 58/77 | Rage 7/12 | Windsight 4/4 | Flex 3/5 | 1st 1/6 | 2nd 2/3
Stats:
AC 20 touch 10 flat 20 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +4 | Initiative +0 | Perception +13, Wind Sight, Darkvision 60 ft
Active condition: Shield of Faith & Dodge AC 22, Divine Favor & Raging

Durnim shrugs basking in the afterglow of the blessings of Spiryth.

Shield of Faith AC 23, round 30ish of 60


AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 51/51 | F 7 R 6 W 8 | Init: +8 (+10 if I act in surprise round) | Perc: +15 | Conditions: | Bane rounds: 6/6
Tawny stats:
AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 35/35 | F 6 R 9 W 3 | Perc: +2 (low-light vis and scent)

Rubius watches the gnome curiously, waiting to see how things unfold.


HP: 18/50 | 3/3 Cryptic Omens | AC: 22 / T: 13 / FF: 19 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 all +5 vs Spells/SLA | CMB: +4, CMD: 15(+4 vs bull rush/trip) | Init: +1, Perception: +6 (Darkvision 60ft)

Fey are fickle and capricious creatures. Are they known to hold true to such agreements?
Dvalin does not look comfortable with the suggestion, but nods regardless and adds his terms: "We will meet, if you can guarantee safe passage both ways, and that your banner of truce lasts until we are out of the Queen of Winters realm."


Male Stone Dwarf Oracle 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (18FF, 13T) | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +3 | CMD 16 | Sp 6/7 3/6 0/4| 7 CLW Wand

Vargas continues to lurk at the back assessing what he can of the creatures offer and if there is more happening around them than what appears.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Vargas: The Gnome appears to be telling the truth, or at least to not be lying directly. . .

The Gnome leads the way, and the path you follow him through seems to take to at once both very far and not very long. You feel the world around you shimmering and reality warping from the proximity to so many fey of such power.

When the gnome stops, you find yourselves in a ring, frozen trees surrounding the clearing you stand in, and beyond them stands like in a coliseum, but made entirely of ice. Various fey creatures sit and stand atop them, gnomes, pixies, quicklings, but all of them in hues of blue and white- creatures of ice as well as the fey.

Most imposing, spaced evenly around the top row of these columns, atop imposing black steeds sit a dozen figures of the type you'd faced previously- Cold Riders!

Before you, atop a massive throne of ice sits what must be the Winter Queen-- tall and slender, dressed in furred robes, with a face like the most beautiful of elves, but pale and tinted slightly blue, a long thin glass (or ice) scepter in her hand, and crowned with a crown of ice crustal of incredible complexity and beauty.

The gnome turns to you, "Bow you fools, bow before the Queen!" promptly then he bows himself.


Male Dwarf, Storm| HP: 54/73 | AC: 19 (9 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +7, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 Mynrughdaer/6th| Speed 25ft (25ft) | Active conditions: None.

Unhappy about the situation, Thurgrom bows to the 'Winter Queen' in a courtly manner, realizing he and his band of dwarven brothers are very much not in a position of leverage.


Wounds (3) HP (12) AC (18/16/16) Saves (9/8/5) K-all (+2) K-Dungeeoneering, Engineering, Nobility (+4) Perception (+13) Stealth (+14)

”Don’t you dare get us killed...


Kineticist (6) Burn/NL (3/18) HP (64/64) Saves (9/10/7, +2 Hardy) AC (24/15/19) DR Adamantine (6) Init (+4) Intimidate (+4 Engineering (+5) Mining, Masonry, Acrobatics, Stealth (+11) Perception, SM, Diplomacy (+12)

Kragg eyed the riders and saw how outmatched they were. He followed suit by putting a fist to his chest and bowing his head respectfully.


HP: 18/50 | 3/3 Cryptic Omens | AC: 22 / T: 13 / FF: 19 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 all +5 vs Spells/SLA | CMB: +4, CMD: 15(+4 vs bull rush/trip) | Init: +1, Perception: +6 (Darkvision 60ft)

"You are the fool, Gnome. We bow out of respect for the Queen, not because some errand boy prompts us.", Dvalin responds to the Gnome, then ignores him, looking at the Queen, taking another step, then bowing with the others.


AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 51/51 | F 7 R 6 W 8 | Init: +8 (+10 if I act in surprise round) | Perc: +15 | Conditions: | Bane rounds: 6/6
Tawny stats:
AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 35/35 | F 6 R 9 W 3 | Perc: +2 (low-light vis and scent)

Rubius nods in firm agreement with Dvalin and steps forward, bowing his head respectfully to this Winter Queen.


Cloud Dwarf | HP 58/77 | Rage 7/12 | Windsight 4/4 | Flex 3/5 | 1st 1/6 | 2nd 2/3
Stats:
AC 20 touch 10 flat 20 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +4 | Initiative +0 | Perception +13, Wind Sight, Darkvision 60 ft
Active condition: Shield of Faith & Dodge AC 22, Divine Favor & Raging

Durnim bows with perfectly noble dwarven etiquette.


Male Stone Dwarf Oracle 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (18FF, 13T) | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +3 | CMD 16 | Sp 6/7 3/6 0/4| 7 CLW Wand

Vargas bows with respect to the majesty before him, trying to judge the favor of the queen.


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

The Queen gestures for you to rise, then addresses you, "Hail, Dwarves. You have proven to be formidable adversaries, dispatching one of my Riders who usually would set any foolish enough to venture into the Land of Eternal Winter running, or slain those who did not. This leaves me with a conundrum. We exist here, hidden from the outside world by certain defense mechanisms which you have chosen to ignore."

She rises now, and walking down to your level, a new stair of ixe appearing beneath each of her feet as she walked. On he ground level she walked close to you, reaching out and gently stroking Vargas on the cheek.

"Some in my court have said that impertinence of this kind must be punished. But I might try to find a kinder solution, were one available which would satisfy the safety of my court."

She turns her back to you and walks forward some twenty paces, before glancing over her shoulder, "What say you, dwarves?


Male Dwarf, Storm| HP: 54/73 | AC: 19 (9 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +7, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 Mynrughdaer/6th| Speed 25ft (25ft) | Active conditions: None.

Thurgrom looks to Vargas to see if any ice formed where the Winter Queen touched the oracle.
Sense Motive (on Winter Queen): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Wounds (3) HP (12) AC (18/16/16) Saves (9/8/5) K-all (+2) K-Dungeeoneering, Engineering, Nobility (+4) Perception (+13) Stealth (+14)

”We should run away. About half an hour ago I’d say. We’re going to die here, and I’m going to blame you.” Khazuk chirped in Kragg’s ear.


Kineticist (6) Burn/NL (3/18) HP (64/64) Saves (9/10/7, +2 Hardy) AC (24/15/19) DR Adamantine (6) Init (+4) Intimidate (+4 Engineering (+5) Mining, Masonry, Acrobatics, Stealth (+11) Perception, SM, Diplomacy (+12)

Kragg waved Khazuk off. Just as the queen descended on stairs of ice, he focused on making a platform of earth to stand on. It rose out of the ground as he stepped up, as he tried to match her performance.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

”Your highness, we apologize for intruding on your lands, for we knew not. Just as you are evidently people of ice and air, so too are we of the earth. And as you have been gracious enough to descend while we parlay, so too will I ascend. We are Nobility from Gold Peak, from well respected houses. Believe me when I say that I understand the admirable goal of ensuring safety for your people.” He included the Nobility line in the hope that she would put two plus two together and realize that if they go missing then others would come searching for them.

”As for what our people might do for each other’s safety...that depends entirely upon how you wish to ensure it. If there is territory that lies under your protection, I see no reason why our people would not respect a boundary that we know of. Though in my experience, the best defense comes from cooperation. Be it from trade, or pacts that would see shared borders defended against incursions from hostile giants, orcs, and the like. As it is we who wandered into your lands, I believe it is only fair for us to hear out what you believe to be just.”


HP: 18/50 | 3/3 Cryptic Omens | AC: 22 / T: 13 / FF: 19 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 all +5 vs Spells/SLA | CMB: +4, CMD: 15(+4 vs bull rush/trip) | Init: +1, Perception: +6 (Darkvision 60ft)

Dvalin raises, then cautiously observes the Queen: "Your defenses worked as they should. We ignored them because our kind is in peril, and we were looking for what we hoped would be salvation. There are ancient legends we hoped would prove true, but instead of what we were looking for, we found you and yours. As for our trespass - we did not mean impertinence, but only defended ourselves against attack. We were not given a warning by your sentinel before he attempted to slay us."
He looks at the Gnome, then back at the Queen:"We came here to talk, under the promise of safe passage and under a banner of truce, yet now there is talk of punishment - if we agree to your kinder solution to satisfy the safety of your court, by what means can we be certain these terms are upheld?"
As he speaks, he made sure his hands were empty and visible...but his right hand remained ready to grab his necklace and rip free all the spheres he could.
Diplomacy Aid Kragg: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Thurgrom:She seems deadly serious, though also perplexed. You might imagine she has not spoken to mortal men for some time.

The Queen listens, then turns to speak, "Aye, a flag of true I offered and such will I respect. You have naught to fear here or now. We fae are a capricious lot, but there is magic even older than our kind in the offer of a truce."

Turning to Krag, "The Winter Court has neither need nor interest in trade or pacts, only the peace that comes in our hidden existence. Were there a way I could be sure of your silence as to the our existence here, I could be persuaded to allow you to leave."

Turning to watch the countenance of her court again he frowns, "But we fae are a capriciou?s lot, and some entertainment might do us as well, no?"

She turns and spies your group again, "Seven of you, hardly a fair fight against one Rider, but no more fair again twelve. A flag of truce- yes, I shall ensure none of you are slain, but that isn't any reason that we should not be entertained?"

The crowd above seem heartened and cheer at her suggestion. "My Riders cannot be slain here, in my place power. Any that are should rise again when next the sun rises, a protection I could extend to dwarves as well." She smiles wryly, having resumed her seat on the throne, "So what say you, Dwarves of Gold Peak? Fight for us, entertain my court, and I shall allow you to leave upon only your promise not to reveal what you found here. No permanent harm shall befall you. And we shall make it a fair fight then? One rider each?"


Kineticist (6) Burn/NL (3/18) HP (64/64) Saves (9/10/7, +2 Hardy) AC (24/15/19) DR Adamantine (6) Init (+4) Intimidate (+4 Engineering (+5) Mining, Masonry, Acrobatics, Stealth (+11) Perception, SM, Diplomacy (+12)

”Let it not be said that an Oldstone is a coward.” Kragg said, nodding his agreement. Though after seeing what the riders could do, he was not exactly pleased to face one alone.


AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 51/51 | F 7 R 6 W 8 | Init: +8 (+10 if I act in surprise round) | Perc: +15 | Conditions: | Bane rounds: 6/6
Tawny stats:
AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 35/35 | F 6 R 9 W 3 | Perc: +2 (low-light vis and scent)

Rubius eyes the queen carefully, trying to determine if he believes her about their inability to die here. It seemed an important point of the discussion...

sense motive w guidance: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 15 + 1 = 35


Male Stone Dwarf Oracle 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (18FF, 13T) | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +3 | CMD 16 | Sp 6/7 3/6 0/4| 7 CLW Wand

"May I ask your Majesty that since the Riders bound to you rise again, does that mean any of us who fall will rise again as your servants?" Vargas said with a bow and couching his enquiry as diplomatically as he could.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

"No, you'll be as you are, though you may experience death differently. You have nothing to fear, unless some hours alone with your god an your thoughts can harm you."

You believe her to be genuine, without deceit.


AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 51/51 | F 7 R 6 W 8 | Init: +8 (+10 if I act in surprise round) | Perc: +15 | Conditions: | Bane rounds: 6/6
Tawny stats:
AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 35/35 | F 6 R 9 W 3 | Perc: +2 (low-light vis and scent)

Rubius shrugs. "Well I suppose I am alright with this."

Can I cast a few buff spells right now or would that be a big faux pas?


Cloud Dwarf | HP 58/77 | Rage 7/12 | Windsight 4/4 | Flex 3/5 | 1st 1/6 | 2nd 2/3
Stats:
AC 20 touch 10 flat 20 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +4 | Initiative +0 | Perception +13, Wind Sight, Darkvision 60 ft
Active condition: Shield of Faith & Dodge AC 22, Divine Favor & Raging

Durnim nodded.


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

as the arena is being set up and moving into position I'll allow 2 rounds of prep spells before initiative is rolled. We're on the new slide one-- position yourselves in the general "middle" there how you want with the riders ringing the exterior.


Male Stone Dwarf Oracle 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (18FF, 13T) | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +3 | CMD 16 | Sp 6/7 3/6 0/4| 7 CLW Wand

Vargas bows again as he addresses the queen. "I apologize in advance. My fight may not be entertaining. For I fight hidden and with my own proxies. Not the styling of a gladiator."

What is the lighting level here in the arena?


Kineticist (6) Burn/NL (3/18) HP (64/64) Saves (9/10/7, +2 Hardy) AC (24/15/19) DR Adamantine (6) Init (+4) Intimidate (+4 Engineering (+5) Mining, Masonry, Acrobatics, Stealth (+11) Perception, SM, Diplomacy (+12)

Kragg stretched his arms and loosened his mind by floating a few rocks.

No buffs here


Cloud Dwarf | HP 58/77 | Rage 7/12 | Windsight 4/4 | Flex 3/5 | 1st 1/6 | 2nd 2/3
Stats:
AC 20 touch 10 flat 20 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +4 | Initiative +0 | Perception +13, Wind Sight, Darkvision 60 ft
Active condition: Shield of Faith & Dodge AC 22, Divine Favor & Raging

If Durnim is still wounded, he'll burn some cures to heal full.
Round 1 prep = Shield of Faith round 1 of 60
Round 2 prep = Divine Favor round 1 of 10 and Martial Flexibility Dodge round 1 of 10

Durnim unlimbers his giant sticker and readies for melee. He would charge a giant fey on go!


Male Dwarf, Storm| HP: 54/73 | AC: 19 (9 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +7, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 Mynrughdaer/6th| Speed 25ft (25ft) | Active conditions: None.

The mynrughdaer readies his waraxe as he casts bless on the Gold Peak party, filling their beings with dwarven courage.
+1 to attack, +1 to saves vs. fear for 6 minutes.


HP: 18/50 | 3/3 Cryptic Omens | AC: 22 / T: 13 / FF: 19 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 all +5 vs Spells/SLA | CMB: +4, CMD: 15(+4 vs bull rush/trip) | Init: +1, Perception: +6 (Darkvision 60ft)

I assume healing back to full does not count against the buffs?
Healing Hex: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 7) + 6 = 16
Thurgrom, Dvalin

Some time alone with gods and thoughts...that DID sound terrifying - but his comrades seemed quite willing to go along with the queen's suggestion, trusting her word alone that everything would be alright.
Dvalin did not share their confidence, but then, they were in her court, safe by her word alone - so their situation already was perilous.
When he found himself in the Arena, facing down a Cold Rider by himself, he firmly gripped his axe, then invokes some Runes causing his Skin to grow hard as Steel, as well as his powers of flight - while he carried no ranged weaponry, it still gave him superior mobility.

Round 1 prep: Steel Skin 1/60
Round 2 prep: Flight Hex 1/??

Regarding positioning: I understand the fight is to be entertainment? That is, they are limited in what they can do? If we all "bunch up" in the middle, then 7 of them could ice-storm us into oblivion quite effectively. That is, are we supposed to fight 1:1 or is it a team brawl with no holds barred? If the latter, we may want to spread out as far as possible to diminish the impact of their opening salvo...(I have a regular position and a cyan alternate position on the map.)


AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 51/51 | F 7 R 6 W 8 | Init: +8 (+10 if I act in surprise round) | Perc: +15 | Conditions: | Bane rounds: 6/6
Tawny stats:
AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 35/35 | F 6 R 9 W 3 | Perc: +2 (low-light vis and scent)

Yeah I'm assuming this is all v all so I'm not standing in the center. We should definitely still focus fire and try to take one of them down then the next. I would suggest that us ranged attackers focus on one of them taking big melee damage from one of our brutes.

Rubius casts a few spells in preparation.

Weapon of awe and divine favor.


Kineticist (6) Burn/NL (3/18) HP (64/64) Saves (9/10/7, +2 Hardy) AC (24/15/19) DR Adamantine (6) Init (+4) Intimidate (+4 Engineering (+5) Mining, Masonry, Acrobatics, Stealth (+11) Perception, SM, Diplomacy (+12)

Kragg took a deep breath to calm himself. ”Remember lads, what we do now reflects on everyone. Whatever happens, let’s give ‘em a good enough thrashing to demand their respect, aye?”


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

The arena you are lead to is brightly lit, globes of ice which glow as the light spell line the stands and float above the fighting surface below. The ground is hard packed and frozen, but exposed dirt, not ie or snow. The cheers of the assembled fey ring through your ears as the Queen holds her hand up, then lets it drop to signal the start of the fight.

Yes, you could have taken time to heal on the way earlier so the two rounds are only for combat buffs

Initiative:
Durnim Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Dvalin Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Kragg Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Rubius Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Thurgrom Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Vargas Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Riders Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Turn Order:
1. Rubius
2. Kragg
3. Vargas

4. Cold Riders
5. Thurgrom
6. Dvalin
7. Durnim

Rubius, Kragg, and Vargas can act for round 1 before the Riders.


Kineticist (6) Burn/NL (3/18) HP (64/64) Saves (9/10/7, +2 Hardy) AC (24/15/19) DR Adamantine (6) Init (+4) Intimidate (+4 Engineering (+5) Mining, Masonry, Acrobatics, Stealth (+11) Perception, SM, Diplomacy (+12)

Kragg immediately moved to the side of the arena, so as to avoid any area spells that might engulf them all. He reached out with his mind to cause the stone under the nearest rider to rise out of the ground and engulf it.

Hit v Flat Footed: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 4, 5) + 13 = 24
Entangling Enfusion, DC17 Ref or entangled for 1 minute

”Come, Khazuk! Today we show them what we are made of!”


Wounds (3) HP (12) AC (18/16/16) Saves (9/8/5) K-all (+2) K-Dungeeoneering, Engineering, Nobility (+4) Perception (+13) Stealth (+14)

Khazuk flew straight up, and far away from the conflict below.


AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 51/51 | F 7 R 6 W 8 | Init: +8 (+10 if I act in surprise round) | Perc: +15 | Conditions: | Bane rounds: 6/6
Tawny stats:
AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 35/35 | F 6 R 9 W 3 | Perc: +2 (low-light vis and scent)

Rubius activates his bane against the riders and fires a volley at the one attacked by Kragg while Tawny charges the rider.

Tawny just runs to focus on that rider. No attack this round.

Fire 1: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 22 +4 bab, +4 dex, +1 wf, +1 wf, -2 risky shot, -2 rapid shot, +2 divine favor, +1 volley, +1 coordinated
Dam: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + (4, 1) = 18
Fire 2: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 27
Dam: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + (3, 4) = 22


AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 51/51 | F 7 R 6 W 8 | Init: +8 (+10 if I act in surprise round) | Perc: +15 | Conditions: | Bane rounds: 6/6
Tawny stats:
AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 35/35 | F 6 R 9 W 3 | Perc: +2 (low-light vis and scent)

Bad math on my part. That's actually 25 to hit for 23 damage and 30 to hit for 27 damage. Breakdown given in discussion.


Male Stone Dwarf Oracle 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (18FF, 13T) | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +3 | CMD 16 | Sp 6/7 3/6 0/4| 7 CLW Wand

Vargas' two rounds where casting darkness or deeper darkness to bring things to darkness on Kragg and Thurgrom.


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

We're pending Vargas' first combat round as well still


Male Stone Dwarf Oracle 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (18FF, 13T) | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +3 | CMD 16 | Sp 6/7 3/6 0/4| 7 CLW Wand

With shrouds of darkness around Vargas steps once as he begins the long chanting ritual of summoning.

Begin casting summon monster 3, probably lantern archon for the area debuff, but I'll see at the start of his next round how goes things.


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Round 1
Rubius fires two quick shots which connect to the first rider (now outlined light blue).

Kragg's shot narrowly hits, and he could tell that had the Rider had his full wits about him he would have missed, but the damage was done and the earth reached up to encompass the fey.
Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

But the Rider managed to wriggle free from the entangling effect.

Vargas begins casting.

The riders begin to charge their nearest opponents!

At Dvalin: Glaive: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 6 + (4) = 20 Miss!

At Rubius: Glaive: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 6 + (6) = 22
A nasty deep cut from the glaive!

Two of the riders charge Thurgrom!
Glaive: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 6 + (6) = 20

Glaive: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 = 30
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 6 + (4) = 19

Both strikes hit!

In a twist of fate poor Finn Cirrus finds himself charged by two!
Glaive: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 = 27
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + (2) = 12

Glaive: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (4) = 13

I owe Finn's stats still, look like both hits but not much damage there.

The last Rider lashes out at Tawny:

Glaive: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 = 30
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 6 + (4) = 20 A hit!

Turn Order:
1. Rubius
2. Kragg
3. Vargas
4. Cold Riders
5. Thurgrom
6. Dvalin
7. Durnim

Light blue: 74 damage taken

Rubius: 29/51
Thurgrom: 34/73
Finn Cirrus 25 damage taken
Tawny: 15/35

The whole party can act again now at the end of round 1/beginning of round 2.


Kineticist (6) Burn/NL (3/18) HP (64/64) Saves (9/10/7, +2 Hardy) AC (24/15/19) DR Adamantine (6) Init (+4) Intimidate (+4 Engineering (+5) Mining, Masonry, Acrobatics, Stealth (+11) Perception, SM, Diplomacy (+12)

Hit, Bless, no deadly aim, same target: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Damage: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 3, 5) + 9 = 21
DC17 Ref or be entangled

Deciding that accuracy was most important, Kragg took the edge off of his attack. He still tried to encase the enemy in stone so that it would not be able to move, but actually landing the hit was paramount.


HP: 18/50 | 3/3 Cryptic Omens | AC: 22 / T: 13 / FF: 19 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 all +5 vs Spells/SLA | CMB: +4, CMD: 15(+4 vs bull rush/trip) | Init: +1, Perception: +6 (Darkvision 60ft)

With the majority of his spells utilizing cold or nature, Dvalin had few tools to deal with these creatures of ice in a prepared Arena.

Taking a step back from his opponent, he attempted to drain the Strenght of the Rider in front of him into himself.

Siphon Might, DC 17 Fortitude Save for half
Strenght: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Dwarf, Storm| HP: 54/73 | AC: 19 (9 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +7, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 Mynrughdaer/6th| Speed 25ft (25ft) | Active conditions: None.
Oxnard Kettlebeak wrote:

Round 1

Two of the riders charge Thurgrom!

Both strikes hit!

F#<K!!

Thurgrom cries out in pain as two glaives stick into the storm dwarf's chest. Twisting his body, both lethal weapons exit their wounds. The mynrughdaer cast expeditious excavation at the feet of the rider to his left (south).
Reflex DC 13 to fall in newly dug pit, concealment to any creatures in the square affected and all adjacent squares for 1 round.

Round 2
Thurgrom attacks the rider to his right (north).
Dwarven Waraxe (blessed): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 = 22
Dmg.: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Dwarven Waraxe (blessed): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13
Dmg.: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 51/51 | F 7 R 6 W 8 | Init: +8 (+10 if I act in surprise round) | Perc: +15 | Conditions: | Bane rounds: 6/6
Tawny stats:
AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 35/35 | F 6 R 9 W 3 | Perc: +2 (low-light vis and scent)

Rubius winces in pain and steps back from the rider who attacked him. He can't tell whether or not Kragg and Tawny are finishing off his first target or not but he certainly hopes they do so. He fires at the rider engaged with Thurgrom instead.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Attack 2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Dam 1: 1d8 + 13 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 13 + (3, 5) = 25
Dam 2: 1d8 + 13 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 13 + (2, 3) = 25

Tawny rips into the rider in front of him, trying to avenge the blow dealt him.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Dam: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Dam: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Dam: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Rubius is 22 hp down and Tawny is 20 hp down.


Cloud Dwarf | HP 58/77 | Rage 7/12 | Windsight 4/4 | Flex 3/5 | 1st 1/6 | 2nd 2/3
Stats:
AC 20 touch 10 flat 20 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +4 | Initiative +0 | Perception +13, Wind Sight, Darkvision 60 ft
Active condition: Shield of Faith & Dodge AC 22, Divine Favor & Raging

cure moderate wounds before combat: 2d8 + 6 + 61 ⇒ (8, 5) + 6 + 61 = 80

Shield of Faith round 2 of 60
Divine Favor round 2 of 10 and Martial Flexibility Dodge round 2 of 10

Durnim advances toward the Cold Rider attacking Thurgrom and attacks with his giant sticker from the high guard position.
Move 20 and Rage round 1 of 12
Masterwork Dwarven giant sticker +rage +df: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 32
if hit, damage +rage +df: 2d6 + 10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 10 + 6 + 2 = 21

current AC 22 = 20 normal +3 shield of faith +1 dodge -2 rage


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Round 1
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 The Rider nimbly steps back from the pit.

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 saves, -3 STR

Thurgrom hits, cutting deep into the Rider!

Round 2
Two arrows from Rubius strike the (red border) one fighting Durnim & Thurgrom!

Tawny lashes out, hitting the rider once, but the fey remains up!

But Kragg's attack strikes target, and the fey dissolves before your eyes, one target down!

Turn Order:
1. Rubius
2. Kragg
3. Vargas
4. Cold Riders
5. Thurgrom
6. Dvalin
7. Durnim

Yellow: -3 STR
Red: 62 damage taken

Rubius: 29/51
Thurgrom: 34/73
Finn Cirrus 25 damage taken
Tawny: 15/35

Pending Vargas before the Riders


Male Stone Dwarf Oracle 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 21 (18FF, 13T) | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +3 | CMD 16 | Sp 6/7 3/6 0/4| 7 CLW Wand

Sighing as the blackness around them does not seem to assist against the rider Vargas brings into being light above Durnim. A lantern archon to spread its aura and beam attacks. He then conjures healing magic into his hand before moving over the arena to Thurgrom.

Cure Moderate on Thurgrom: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 8) + 6 = 15

Lantern Archon (+4 Con from augmented summon)
Ray touch attack at back of Red Rider: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 for damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Ray touch attack at back of Red Rider: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 for damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

1st Ray touch attack crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 for damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Round 2

Vargas heals Thurgrom.

The Lantern Archon appears and hits twice, once critically!

The injured Rider heals slightly as he moves to attack.

The (red Rider) steps in to attack Durnim:
Glaive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + (4) = 14

Glaive Second Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (5) = 14

Both misses, as Shield of Faith protects Durnim from the first blow!

The one Attacking Thurgrom:
Glaive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 6 + (5) = 19

Glaive Second Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (4) = 13

One hit!

The rider steps up to attack Rubius:

Glaive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + (4) = 15

Glaive Second Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (4) = 16

One Hit!

The (yellow) rider attacking Dvalin:

Glaive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 6 + (1) = 16

Glaive Second Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (4) = 11

One hit!

The last two turn aside Finn Cirrus' feeble strike, then cut him down!
Glaive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (4) = 11

Glaive Second Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 6 + (5) = 19

Glaive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + (2) = 12

Glaive Second Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 6 + (4) = 17

Four quick blows and you watch as your companion disappears, the same way the slain Rider in this spot had faded from existence.

Thurgrom lashes out again at the nearest rider, hitting once!

Turn Order:
1. Rubius
2. Kragg
3. Vargas

4. Cold Riders
5. Thurgrom
6. Dvalin
7. Durnim

Yellow: -3 STR
Red: 77 damage taken
Green: 11 damage taken!

Rubius: 13/51
Thurgrom: 30/73 (+15 -19)
Finn Cirrus 25 damage taken
Tawny: 15/35
Dvalin: 39/50

Dvalin + Durnim are up for round two, and Rubius, Kragg, and Vargas for round 3 before the riders again!


Kineticist (6) Burn/NL (3/18) HP (64/64) Saves (9/10/7, +2 Hardy) AC (24/15/19) DR Adamantine (6) Init (+4) Intimidate (+4 Engineering (+5) Mining, Masonry, Acrobatics, Stealth (+11) Perception, SM, Diplomacy (+12)

Hit Red: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Damage: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) + 9 = 17
Keep rolling the same!

Forming an axe made out of stone, Kragg threw it at one of the remaining riders. ”Come on, dwarves! Show these fey what the sons of stone are made of!”

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,275 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dwarves of Gold Peak Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.