GM Lorenzo's #9-00: Assault on Absalom (Tier 5-6) PbP Gameday VII (Inactive)

Game Master Lawrence Smith 2

Maps, Handouts, and More!


1 to 50 of 544 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Fast-paced, action-driving classic role-play of PFS Special #9-00: Assault on Absalom as part of PbP Gameday VII.

A Pathfinder Society Special designed for levels 1–11. This table is for PCs in Tier 5-6.

Glorious Absalom has stood strong against attackers for nearly 5,000 years, and the land around it remains littered with the siege castles of failed invaders. However, centuries have passed since Absalom last repelled a siege in earnest, and a new warlord has gathered a supernatural army and ghastly allies that will test the city—and perhaps be the first to conquer the so-called City at the Center of the World. When chaos erupts in the streets, the Pathfinder Society and its factions rally to the defense of their home, uncover the identity of the would-be conquerers, and seek a way to break the siege.

Written by Mikko Kallio.

---

This closed campaign is part of PbP Gameday VII.

Instructions: Once you have been accepted into the party by the GM, please "ninja-dot" here in order to enter this scenario into the list of your campaign threads.

PbP TIP: To "ninja-dot," post on this thread, and immediately afterword, delete the post. Why? To keep the campaign thread clear of unnecessary clutter. Clutter belongs on the discussion thread, instead.

Grand Lodge

“Pathfinders, our beloved Absalom faces the threat of invasion and needs our help. Just as Absalom has been our Society’s home for centuries, so does it fall to us to aid in its defense. Find the group to which you’ve been assigned, lend a hand as the city prepares for the siege, and be ready for more instructions.”

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

At the terrible news, the other venture-captains are frantic, scrambling to put together special teams to handle a number of critical, time-sensitive tasks.

As you answer the call to volunteer to join a team, you introduce yourselves to your fellow Pathfinders, everyone rushing to lend their expertise in this moment of crisis.

CATCHING A SPY
Relevant Skills: Acrobatics (apply any Acrobatics modifiers for jumping) or Climb

Uncanny voice penetrating the din, Osprey whispers, "I need a team of Pathfinders ready to chase a spy across the rooftops of Absalom, hoping to gain some useful information about the coming attack."

DEFENSIVE WARDS
Relevant Skills: Knowledge (arcana or religion), Spellcraft, or Use Magic Device

The stoic Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr calls out, "I need Pathfinders to help spell casters set up defensive wards."

EVACUATION NOTICE
[Relevant Skills: Diplomacy, Intimidate, or combat maneuver check

Ambrus Valsin, always a dark cloud on a sunny day, grouses, "Someone must persuade these stubborn people to abandon their homes and retreat behind the city walls. You'll have to travel into the neighborhoods of Copperwood, Dawnfoot, Shoreline, and Westerhold outside of Absalom."

RECONNAISSANCE
Relevant Skills: Acrobatics, Perception, or Stealth

Ever the panhandler, Drandle Dreng begs, "Please, would you be willing to perform a short scouting mission to spy on the army mustering in the Cairnlands?"

STRANGE THINGS
Relevant Skills: Perception or Survival (apply any Survival modifiers to track)

Zarta Dralneen, Pathfinder point-of-contact for all things strange, licks her red lips, "I need a few of you to investigate strange occurrences that have been reported all over Absalom."

URGENT REPAIRS
Relevant Skills: Craft (any relevant craft skill), Disable Device, Knowledge (engineering), Profession (teamster), or combat maneuver check

Like somebody left the cap off the toothpaste, Master of Scrolls Kreighton Shaine shrieks, "I need a few skilled men and women to help repair a wagon that tipped over while carrying alchemical goods and other important supplies."

USEFUL GOSSIP
Relevant Skills: Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local)

Lady Glorianna Morilla, more harried than composed, demands in a shrill voice, "Can someone please gather information on recent events?"

Encounter Mechanics:
You may attempt these tasks in any order while the House is mustering. Choose a task, and with some brief, pithy roleplaying, you each choose one of the listed skills to attempt. (Each task has three levels of success corresponding to the Easy, Average, and Hard skill check DCs.) You can attempt the checks individually or use the Aid Another action, provided you are using the same skill for that check.

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

As the call goes out for agents of varying talents and of all levels, from the novice to the veteran, a young red-headed woman dressed in simple, cream-colored robes comes hurrying down the stairs and into the main hall of the Grand Lodge. A small carved holy symbol of a songbird hangs from her neck, but if one watches closely they can also see flashes of color on her wrist; a tattoo of the same holy symbol. Her gear seems hastily gathered but the woman otherwise strides into the crowd of gathering agents with the air of having done this sort of thing before.

"Again? This makes what, the third time?" she muses aloud, to no one in particular. "Well, at least we've got some warning this time..."

Though she does hear the specific calls being put out by different Venture-Captains and Masters, the woman hesitates, scanning the crowd of agents for others who appear to be of a similar rank as herself...

Definitely too dangerous to dive into this alone! I need to take others with me...

Her expression is hopeful as she looks around, as though looking for familiar faces...but then it falters as her search comes up empty.

I guess they're all probably out in the field, on other assignments...

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf LN Slayer 7| HP 67/67 | AC 25(26), T 13, FF 24 CMD 25 | F +9(12), R +8(11), W +5(8) | Init +3 | Perc +12 | SM +12 |

Kulga is a heavily muscled dwarf woman with a perpetual scowl on her face. She dresses in old-fashioned finery beneath her armor, but on inspection it's clearly threadbare, and she carries no signet ring or other jewelry that would mark her as a person of substance.

"I hope at least some of you are worth the time I'm about to spend on this. I'll go find whatever's snuck into the city, but if you need to do any sneaking yourself, you may as well do it properly."

Kulga's instructions will give the rest of the party a +5 bonus to Stealth for the duration of the scenario, and also allow you to halve your Armor Check Penalty for the purposes of that skill.

Survival (Tracking): 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 3 = 17 And an extra 2 if at some point she can Study something she's trying to find

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

As the muscled dwarven woman's voice cuts above some of the others in the crowd, the young priestess is shaken out of her navel-gazing and she quickly turns to her.

"Well, I can't say that sneaking's really my forte but at least you don't have to worry about any clanking armor from me," she remarks, smiling slightly in spite of the dwarf's blunt manner. "Penelope Tabor, but just call me Nella," the red-head introduces herself. "You seem like you know what you're doing so I'll stick with you for right now. I know I might not look like much but I've got Shelyn's grace on my side and I'm, ah...not afraid to tackle even the burliest of dwarves," Nella finishes, thinking back to an incident very early in her career as an agent. "Don't ask though, it's a long story. I'll tell you later if you really want to know!"

"Um! Anyway, I'm going to go and help get the evacuations started first, okay? Be careful and I'll hopefully see you back here, miss!"

And with that, Nella hurries off to join those being gathered by Ambrus Valsin, hoping to help convince the local citizenry to take shelter. Once given the neighborhoods to visit, Nella sets out, starting with the neighborhoods closest to the Grand Lodge and working her way out to Westerhold and then back again.

"Citizens! Please, for your safety and the safety of your loved ones, we are advising everyone to take shelter within the city walls as soon as possible!" she cries as she goes. "Bring only what you must, to make traveling easier! This is not a drill - I repeat, this is not a drill!"

Diplomacy (Evacuation): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Answering the call for volunteers, Kulga and Nella join the effort to accomplish some of the venture-captains' tasks.

(Strange Things) Kulga salutes the leader of the Dark Archive, steps outside the Grand Lodge, and starts eye-balling the dirty streets, looking for tracks and traces of whoever or whatever is behind the odd occurrences reported around the city.

(Result) The dwarf slayer stoops down on creaking knees and finds a skeletal footprint and a part of a broken sickle. Straightening back up, her face is grim. "Undead. Why am I not surprised?"

(Evacuation Notice) Nella joins Ambrus Valsin's team of civil servants, going door-to-door, screaming at the citizens of Absalom to seek shelter within the city walls.

(Result) Once the people reach the safety of the walls, they regret their initial stubbornness. "Thank you, loud fair lady, for alerting us to our impending doom. Sorry we ignored the initial warnings." (The PCs can draw upon this goodwill once during the adventure: one PC can reroll a failed Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check and use the new result.)

(Please specify which task your trying to carry out, then make your skill check. If you're using the Aid Another action to boost another PC's attempt, including for another PC's earlier attempt, please let me know. The higher the result, the more benefits the party receives.)

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"You're...*cough*...very welcome!" Nella responds as the evacuation efforts seem to go about as smoothly as one could hope for. She quietly wishes she had a throat lozenge or two to help after all the screaming but it'll have to wait until later.

With the evacuations into the city now ongoing Nella hurries off to help next with the defensive wards, acting as both participant and consultant with her fellow priests on the best placements.

Kn. Religion (Defensive Wards): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

"Okay, so...I think if we place the extended Magic Circle between this point and that point, it'll help cover both the ground and if anything tries to come over the rooftops..."

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf LN Slayer 7| HP 67/67 | AC 25(26), T 13, FF 24 CMD 25 | F +9(12), R +8(11), W +5(8) | Init +3 | Perc +12 | SM +12 |

Kulga looks at the bony track and sickle with a nasty grin. Hmmp. Thought I'd finished the Black Echelon off. I'll warn the society, but we should have a list of their targets back at the Grand Lodge. I'll find some confirmation first. Kulga's last chronicle was actually Silent Tide!

Kulga doesn't have many friends, but in her past work for Lady Morilla, she has acquired a number of useful contacts, and a time of crisis like this is exactly when she calls those markers due.

Useful Gossip
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (16) - 3 = 13 Kulga's Diplomacy always hits at least a 20... so a 20. (Practiced Diplomat: Sovereign Court Faction Card)

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

While the other members of their own team have yet to report for duty, Kulga and Nella continue to join the efforts to accomplish some of the venture-captains' tasks.

(Defensive Wards) Nella checks in with Master of Scrolls Sorrina Westyr, who's recruiting Pathfinders to assist in the set of defensive wards.

(Result) Nella takes charge of a small group of Pathfinders and helps them establish potent abjurations that protect her fellow Pathfinders in addition to protecting the city. Upon the ecclesitheurge's return, the aasimar gives Nella an approving nod of silent thanks. (Once during the adventure, when an opponent’s attack roll to confirm a critical hit succeeds, the group can activate this reward to turn any confirmed critical hit into a normal hit.

(Useful Gossip) Kulga, a practiced diplomat, gives Lady Gloriana Morilla a confident grin, "Collect some useful gossip? I'm on it Cap'n."

(Result) Passing through the food bank operating out of a temple of Sarenrae, a crowd of people are grumbling and complaining. "The local bread and water taste funny today! How about some pork rinds and ale, instead?"
Stopping by the Blue Oyster, a pub popular with sailors near the dockyards, Kulga overhears a few of the mariners swapping tall tales. "I tell you Freddie, there's a strange fog rising in the Flotsam Graveyard and at sea beyond the bay." Someone agrees, "Yeah, George and Michael even say they’ve seen the outlines of masts within the fog."

(Please specify which task your trying to carry out, then make your skill check. If you're using the Aid Another action to boost another PC's attempt, including for another PC's earlier attempt, please let me know. The higher the result, the more benefits the party receives.)

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Urgent Repairs

Although their current tasks haven't led them to cross paths very much yet, Nella does try to give her surly dwarven companion a low-five at one point when they pass each other in the Grand Lodge between tasks.

"Keep it up, friend! Shelyn believes in you," she calls after Kulga before heading off to see what Kreighton Shaine is shrieking about.

"A broken wagon? Hmm...I think I can help with that," Nella remarks once she's able to determine what the issue is. She hurries off to where said wagon is broken down on the side of the street and kneels down in the muck, rolling up her sleeves as she pulls out a small satchel of tools from her haversack.

"Don't worry, I think I can get that axle repaired in a jiffy," she reassures the driver as she gets to work...

After all, mending a wagon can't be that different from mending a violin or fiddle, can it?

Craft: Musical Instruments: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
____________

Up to the GM on whether that one will suffice or not but I thought I'd try it just the same!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

While the other members of their own team have yet to report for duty, Kulga and Nella continue to join the efforts to accomplish some of the venture-captains' tasks.

(Urgent Repairs) Hoping to allay Master of Scrolls Kreighton Shaine's hyperventilating alarm, Nella accepts the mission. She sets out and in short order finds the wagon, surrounded by a gaggle of onlookers. There's a middle-aged man bent over, examining the damage and revealing a chasm of ass-cheek to the assemblage. He stands up, picking some lint from his navel. "Yep, Jeb, what this calls for is a master cartwright." Another sage man, with a large flagon of ale in one hand and his other stuffed in his pants scratching an itch, disagrees. "Naw, a half-decent wheelwright could fix this for half the coin."

(Result) Equipped with little more than bard-like knack and innovation, Nella elbows her way through the crowd to the broken down wagon. From a bundle in her satchel, she withdraws an unfinished tuning peg and slips it through the axle. Tying it off with several lengths of catgut, she secures the peg in place. "I think that'll hold. Give it a try." The haywain pulls and pushes her hay cart back and forth a few feet. With a grin, she says, "Thanks, my lady. I'll get my wagon out of the way right away."

"Here, please take these. I don't think they'll be missed, and you might need them." She hands Nella a burlap sack, the muffled clinking sounds of jostled glass emanating from within. Nella takes a peek inside. The sack holds six potions of cure serious wounds.

(Please specify which task you're trying to carry out, then make your skill check. If you're using the Aid Another action to boost another PC's attempt, including for another PC's earlier attempt, please let me know. The higher the result, the more benefits the party receives. No task has yet been awarded the maximum benefit.)

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf LN Slayer 7| HP 67/67 | AC 25(26), T 13, FF 24 CMD 25 | F +9(12), R +8(11), W +5(8) | Init +3 | Perc +12 | SM +12 |

Somehow missed we could double up on these :)

Kulga applies her own particular brand of stubborn persuasion to any recalcitrants who neglected Nella's warnings to evacuate.

Diplomacy for evacuation: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2 Still minimum 20, so... 20

***

"Repairs will be easier once the cart is righted, and either way it'll be out of the damned way."

Suiting action to words Kulga makes use of her low center of gravity and great strength in heaving the cart back upright.

Bull Rush for Cart Repairs: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Invulnerable 2 Oracle 5 HP:69/69(81) | AC:8(6) T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:8 CMD:16 | Saves F:+8 R:-0 W:+6/8 | Init:-2 | Per:+0 | Rage:9/9 | Spells 1: 7/7 Spells 2 : 5/5 |

Stealth, Kulga bonus, Recon: 1d20 + 10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 5 = 20

Stepping into the light and out of the shadows, a unnaturally pale skin, stunningly handsome but unkempt half-orc dressed in the dirty attire but expensive noble-like attire calls out to a familiar face. ”Kulga! We meet again even amidst this madness. I’ve just returned from a scouting for Drendle, what fares you?“

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dwarf LN Slayer 7| HP 67/67 | AC 25(26), T 13, FF 24 CMD 25 | F +9(12), R +8(11), W +5(8) | Init +3 | Perc +12 | SM +12 |

Kulga's face splits into a broad, unpleasant smile as she sees the handsome half-orc. "Brayne! Glad I've got at least one worthwhile ally to stand at my back! They teamed me up with some red-headed Shelynite, but she seems flighty - tried to fix a wagon like it was a fiddle!" She slaps Brayne hard across the back as punctuation for the last comment.

"I gave that old beggar some of my time for his scouting, but I didn't see much, and couldn't waste the time to double check. We seem damned short-handed so far..."

Perception for Reconnaissance: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 Damn! Well, 50/50 it would've been better, so I stand by not going for the Aid...

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Encounter Mechanics:
Reiterating the mechanics in the spoiler above, you may attempt these tasks in any order while the House is mustering. Choose a task, and with some brief, pithy roleplaying, you each choose one of the listed skills to attempt. (Each task has three levels of success corresponding to the Easy, Average, and Hard skill check DCs.) You can attempt the checks individually or use the Aid Another action, provided you are using the same skill for that check.

You guys are doing a great job role-playing in your posts. However, to help your GM herd the cats, please spell out the specific task and the skill your attempting, and when you're using the Aid Another action, it has to be the same skill used by whomever you're aiding.

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Invulnerable 2 Oracle 5 HP:69/69(81) | AC:8(6) T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:8 CMD:16 | Saves F:+8 R:-0 W:+6/8 | Init:-2 | Per:+0 | Rage:9/9 | Spells 1: 7/7 Spells 2 : 5/5 |

If it wasn’t clear in the dice description, Brayne is taking on the Reconaissance task using stealth skill with a result of 20.

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Task Counter:

Catching a Spy

Defensive Wards
Nella (Kn. Religion; 23)

Evacuation Notice
Nella (Diplomacy; 18)
Kulga (Diplomacy; 20)

Reconnaissance
Brayne (Stealth; 20)
Kulga (Perception; 16)

Strange Things
Kulga (Survival; 17)

Urgent Repairs
Nella (Craft: Musical Instruments; 17)
Kulga (CMB; 25)

Useful Gossip
Kulga (Diplomacy; 20)
Nella (Kulga Aid Diplomacy; 26)

Made a quick roundup of who has attempted which task so far, which skill they used, and the result that they got. Hopefully it'll help with keeping things straight.
____________

Useful Gossip - Kulga Aid

With the wards raised, citizens evacuated, and wayward wagons repaired, Nella continues to prioritize tasks for which she feels particularly well-suited. Rather than take to the streets to hunt for rumors, she instead begins attempting to interview some of the recently-evacuated citizens for any hints or clues as to just what's going on.

"Excuse, me sir? Did you happen to see or hear anything unusual before the evacuation call went out?"

"Ma'am, just slow down and tell me what happened..."

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Half-Orc Invulnerable 2 Oracle 5 HP:69/69(81) | AC:8(6) T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:8 CMD:16 | Saves F:+8 R:-0 W:+6/8 | Init:-2 | Per:+0 | Rage:9/9 | Spells 1: 7/7 Spells 2 : 5/5 |

Brayne shrugs as he is hit hard on the back! "You don't say, if we really are short handed, perhaps I try to make myself useful." Looking around, he sees a few citizen pay no attention to the situation, relaxing themselves while Pathfinders round headless around the city. Brayne's eyes turn deep black and his voice monstrous as he yells, "GET OUT NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!"

Evacuation Notice; Intimidate, +Guidance(if possible): 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 1 = 21

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Task Counter (Thanks, Nella):

Catching a Spy
Not yet attempted.

Defensive Wards
Nella (Kn. Religion; 23)

Evacuation Notice
Nella (Diplomacy; 18)
Kulga (Diplomacy; 20)

Reconnaissance
Brayne (Stealth; 20)
Kulga (Perception; 16)

Strange Things
Kulga (Survival; 17)

Urgent Repairs
Nella (Craft: Musical Instruments; 17)
Kulga (CMB; 25)
The party has already acquired max benefits.

Useful Gossip
Kulga (Diplomacy; 20)
Nella (Aid Kulga's Diplomacy; 26)

Conditions:
Kulga's Instructions(?) -The party gains a +5 bonus to Stealth for the duration of the scenario, and also allow you to halve your Armor Check Penalty for the purposes of that skill.

The barbarian-oracle Brayne reports for duty and joins Kulga and Nella trying to accomplish some of the venture-captains' tasks.

(Reconnaissance) Responding to their old friend Drandle Dreng, Brayne and Kulga carry out brief scouting missions to spy on the army mustering in the Cairnlands.

(Result) Kulga finds that the army consists of various kinds of creatures stitched together from demonic flesh: constructs, oozes, and undead. Brayne notices that the army’s field commanders are all minotaurs and that there are true demons among the army’s ranks.

(Evacuation Notice) Kulga adds her deep, gravelly baritone to the efforts to force reluctant citizens to withdraw behind the city's fortifications.

(Result) "Thanks, dwarf. Please, keep looter's out of my kitchen!" (Kulga's skill enhances the benefit achieved by Nella: Instead rerolling a failed Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check and using the new result, each PC can reroll any one skill check.)

(Urgent Repairs) Kulga locates the damaged wagon and discovers Nella has already repaired the wheel. She discovers a broken brace in the jockey box and a frayed segment of the the harness. Quickly and efficiently finishing the repairs, the wagon is ready to move.

(Result) The teamster reaches into her cart, pushes aside some of the hay and retrieves a half dozen more potions. "Yeah, I'm no simple haywain. I'm an alchemist and a part-time smuggler. Here, take these, but please, don't report me to the po-po." (In addition to the six potions of cure serious wounds she'd given to Nella, each PC can choose to receive a 3rd-level potion that has no expensive material components. Please indicate which potion each of you is choosing.)

Everyone, please review the current tally of attempts in the spoiler above, and let me know if I need to correct anything.
Kulga, what's the ability that confers the stealth bonus to everyone?
I'll catch up on the rest of your actions in a couple of hours.

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf LN Slayer 7| HP 67/67 | AC 25(26), T 13, FF 24 CMD 25 | F +9(12), R +8(11), W +5(8) | Init +3 | Perc +12 | SM +12 |

Oh! Sorry, didn't realize that was still in question. It's Spymaster, also from the Sovereign Court Faction Checklist (Season 8)
Taking a potion of Fly
And just to throw something at the last check Kulga's any good for...

Kulga chases after the spy, lamenting that chasing after some demon-flesh bastard is not a good time to shuck her armor.
Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Strange Things - Kulga Aid

On her way back from interviewing the evacuated citizens, Nella stumbles across her new dwarven friend having a quick chat with their fellow half-orc agent.

"Hi, hello! Friend of a friend?" Nella calls out, slowing her pace a bit but not stopping. "That's great! We could use all the help we can get! I'm Nella, hopefully we'll get a chance to chat more in a bit~! Gotta go, Zarta needs some help it sounds like - not that kind of help, but you know what I mean!"

After taking a brief moment to review Kulga's earlier findings when she was out canvassing the city, Nella decides to try picking up where her dwarven companion left off.

Good thing I've got something to go by!

Survival (Kulga Aid): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
____________

Can it be an potion *or* an oil? If so, Nella will select an Oil of Daylight.

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Invulnerable 2 Oracle 5 HP:69/69(81) | AC:8(6) T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:8 CMD:16 | Saves F:+8 R:-0 W:+6/8 | Init:-2 | Per:+0 | Rage:9/9 | Spells 1: 7/7 Spells 2 : 5/5 |

Brayne courteously greets the cleric, "Good day fair lady, I am Brayne of Ugawa..." And looks perplexed at what Nella meant, but does nothing but watch her trot away. With Kulga chasing the spy, Brayne decides to canvas around the area with the locals to understand what is going on. "Greetings citizen of Absalom, I am Brayne of the Pathfinder Society..." And he explains the task the Pathfinders have and their role in the city's evacuation. "... Have you noticed anything out of the ordinary?"

Gossip; Diplomacy + guidance?: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 1 = 33

Brayne will take potion of fly too! Task list updated with blue being unresolved checks.

Task:

Catching a Spy
Kulga (Climb; 21)

Defensive Wards
Nella (Kn. Religion; 23)

Evacuation Notice
Nella (Diplomacy; 18)
Kulga (Diplomacy; 20)
Brayne (Intimidate; 20 or 21 with guidance)

Reconnaissance
Brayne (Stealth; 20)
Kulga (Perception; 16)

Strange Things
Kulga + Nella Aid (Survival; 19)

Urgent Repairs
Nella (Craft: Musical Instruments; 17)
Kulga (CMB; 25)
The party has already acquired max benefits.

Useful Gossip
Kulga + Nella Aid(Diplomacy; 22)
[ooc]Brayne (Diplomacy; 32 or 33 with guidance)

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Task Counter (Thanks, Nella):

Catching a Spy
Bulga (Climb; 21)

Defensive Wards
Nella (Kn. Religion; 23)

Evacuation Notice
Nella (Diplomacy; 18)
Kulga (Diplomacy; 20)
Brayne (Intimidate; 21)

Reconnaissance
Brayne (Stealth; 20)
Kulga (Perception; 16)

Strange Things
Kulga (Survival; 17)
Nella (Aid Kulga's Survival; 21)

Urgent Repairs
Nella (Craft: Musical Instruments; 17)
Kulga (CMB; 25)
The party has already acquired max benefits.
Potions Selected:
Kulga - Fly
Nella - Oil of Daylight
Brayne - Fly

Useful Gossip
Kulga (Diplomacy; 20)
Nella (Aid Kulga's Diplomacy; 26)
Brayne (Diplomacy; 33)
The party has already acquired max benefits.

Conditions:
Kulga's Spymaster Instructions - The party gains a +5 bonus to Stealth for the duration of the scenario, and they also allow you to halve your Armor Check Penalty for the purposes of that skill.

The barbarian-oracle Brayne reports for duty and joins Kulga and Nella trying to accomplish some of the venture-captains' tasks.

(Useful Gossip) Nella interviews a number of the refugees seeking shelter within the city.
(Results) After a short time, Nella realizes the people's complaints aren't enough to learn anything new. Dejected, the cleric acknowledges someone else will have to help gather useful intelligence.

(Evacuation Notice) Trying a more intimidating approach to herding the outliers behind the walls, Brayne starts yelling at the slowest-moving refugees.
(Results) Brayne's efforts alone aren't forceful enough to get them moving any faster than Nella and Kulga had with a more diplomatic approach. Perhaps if he or they had more help?

(Catching a Spy) Kulga spies a nosy kid hiding in a large oak tree near a temple bell tower. She hitches up her leather kilt and climbs up after him. That's no kid; it's one of those meddling halflings! A limb snaps beneath her boot, startling the traitor.
(Results) The spy falls, grievously wounded. Kulga spots a symbol resembling a bull’s head branded on the skin of one forearm. With his last dying breath, the spy says, "You’re no match for the demon-flesh army my liege commands!"

(Useful Gossip) Brayne wanders throughout the city, and from time to time, people approach the foppish half-orc, sharing their stories with him. The tales are full of foreboding.
(Results) These rumors about possible enemies will keep my Pathfinder team on its toes. Brayne makes sure his companions understand the threat and remain vigilant. (Once during the adventure, each PC can reroll one initiative check. The PC must take the second roll, even if it is worse.)

Everyone, please review the current tally of attempts in the spoiler above, and let me know if I need to correct anything. Each PC may attempt each task once, either on his or her own, or to aid another--provided the PC uses the same skill as the PC who made the earlier check.
Brayne, if you're casting guidance on yourself, go ahead and apply the bonus.

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Reconnaissance - Aid Brayne

Thanks to some pointers from Kulga, Nella finds herself feeling more brave than usual as well as more confident in her ability to be very, very quiet. She decides to brave a quick scouting trip into the Cairnlands as well, hoping to learn something else to add to what her companions already managed to discover...

Stealth (Aid Brayne; Spymaster): 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 5 = 21

Hah! I am the sneakiest of sneaky snakes!

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Undetected, Nella ventures forth on her reconnaissance, and the ecclesitheurge returns with more information on the enemy arrayed against the city. Unfortunately, more will be required to make a difference. Perhaps if another scout could sneak out and observe the dark forces massing outside the walls...

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Invulnerable 2 Oracle 5 HP:69/69(81) | AC:8(6) T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:8 CMD:16 | Saves F:+8 R:-0 W:+6/8 | Init:-2 | Per:+0 | Rage:9/9 | Spells 1: 7/7 Spells 2 : 5/5 |

Brayne wanders around the city alone, and notice a few clerics attempting to cast magical barriers all over the city. Curious about the spells, Brayne follows along the casters and attempts to cast a couple of defensive wards himself.

Defensive Wards; Spellcraft, self guidance: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 = 20

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Catching a Spy

A bit dejected at being unable to learn anything new while out on recon, Nella realizes there's only one thing left for her to do - see if she can help catch a spy.

As she takes to the rooftops, the last known location of said spy or spies, Nella swallows hard and hikes up her robes. Running and leaping was going to be a challenge but maybe she could provide a distraction?

Acrobatics (Aid): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
____________

Oof...yeah, that's why I had no intention of taking the lead on this one :)

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Task Counter (Thanks, Nella):

Catching a Spy
Kulga (Climb; 21)
Nella (Acrobatics to Aid Someone; 4)

Defensive Wards
Nella [Knowledge (religion); 23]
Brayne (Spellcraft; 20)

Evacuation Notice
Nella (Diplomacy; 18)
Kulga (Diplomacy; 20)
Brayne (Intimidate; 21)

Reconnaissance
Brayne (Stealth; 20)
Kulga (Perception; 16)
Nella (Aid Brayne's Stealth: 21)

Strange Things
Kulga (Survival; 17)
Nella (Aid Kulga's Survival; 21)

Urgent Repairs
Nella (Craft: Musical Instruments; 17)
Kulga (CMB; 25)
The party has already acquired max benefits.
Potions Selected:
Kulga - Fly
Nella - Oil of Daylight
Brayne - Fly

Useful Gossip
Kulga (Diplomacy; 20)
Nella (Aid Kulga's Diplomacy; 26)
Brayne (Diplomacy; 33)
The party has already acquired max benefits.

Conditions:
Kulga's Spymaster Instructions - The party gains a +5 bonus to Stealth for the duration of the scenario, and they also allow you to halve your Armor Check Penalty for the purposes of that skill.

Brayne, Kulga, and Nella busy themselves trying to accomplish all of the venture-captains' tasks. (The link explains the appropriate skills for each task.)

(Reconnaissance) Undetected, Nella ventures forth on her reconnaissance, and the ecclesitheurge returns with more information on the enemy arrayed against the city.
(Results) Unfortunately, more will be required to make a difference. Perhaps if another scout could sneak out and observe the dark forces massing outside the walls...

(Defensive Wards) Brayne observes a team of clerics attempting to cast magical barriers all over the city. Curious, Brayne studies their technique, hoping to help.
(Results) Brayne's skill proves no more fruitful than Nella's previous efforts. Perhaps, if Brayne or Nella had more help?

(Catching a Spy) Nella's spirit is willing, but her flesh trips over her boots.
(Results) Em... Nope. But all is not lost. Perhaps other Pathfinders can accomplish the task or aid Kulga?

Each PC may attempt each task once, either on his or her own, or to aid another--provided the PC uses the same skill as the PC who made the earlier check.

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Invulnerable 2 Oracle 5 HP:69/69(81) | AC:8(6) T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:8 CMD:16 | Saves F:+8 R:-0 W:+6/8 | Init:-2 | Per:+0 | Rage:9/9 | Spells 1: 7/7 Spells 2 : 5/5 |

Brayne attempts to follow Kulga once he spots her and hopes he could lend her a hand in catching the demon!

Catch a Spy, Aid Kulga with Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Sovereign Court

CG Male Halfling Empiricist Investigator 3 / Alchemist 2| HP: 29/30 | AC: 22 21 (16 Tch, 17 FF) | CMD: 15 | F: +5+1, R: +10+1, W: +4+1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +15+2/+16+2TF, SM: +13 | Active conditions: Cloak+1, Luck #10, Reduce Person

"This? Is this the place? Hello, all! My name is Farin Hogan, but most of my bigger friends just call me Fuzzfoot." He points to his bare, and very hairy, feet. Then he shrugs and smiles. "Whatever works for you is just fine by me!"

The chaos surrounding the situation is clearly getting to some, who run around frantically. Fuzzfoot appears to just enjoy watching it unfold. As he sees an opening or opportunity to help, though, he jumps right in.

"Running across rooftops is something I am not unfamiliar with..." With a quick start, he starts chasing after the spy.

Catch a spy, Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

----

"These defensive wards resemble something I had to get around at the Blackros Museum once...maybe if we just do this?"

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

----

Seeing Kulga trying to evacuate people, Fuzzfoot tries to lend a hand, but this really isn't his forte.

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

-----

"Reconnaissance, on the other hand, is my bag baby!"
Taking Dreng's instructions, Fuzzfoot makes quick work out to check out the army.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

----

Having showed his skills at observation, he is quick to jump on Zarta's task as well. "Consider those strange things explained, ma'am."

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

----

"Repairing items is not as much fun as taking them apart, but I am very interested to see what alchemical supplies you have there. Plus, some of them could be dangerous." You can't quite tell if that is concern, or excitement, in his tone.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

----

"Recent events? Well, we are being attacked by an ugly looking army. But in other news...."

Knowledge, local: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 9 + (5) = 30

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Task Counter (Thanks, Nella):

Catching a Spy
Kulga (Climb; 21)
Nella (Acrobatics to Aid Someone; 4)
Fuzzfoot (Acrobatics; 16)

Defensive Wards
Nella [Knowledge (religion); 23]
Brayne (Spellcraft; 20)
Fuzzfoot (UMD; 28)
The party has already acquired max benefits.

Evacuation Notice
Nella (Diplomacy; 18)
Kulga (Diplomacy; 20)
Brayne (Intimidate; 21)
Fuzzfoot (Aid Kulga's Diplomacy; 17)

Reconnaissance
Brayne (Stealth; 20)
Kulga (Perception; 16)
Nella (Aid Brayne's Stealth: 21)
Fuzzfoot (Perception; 25)
The party has already acquired max benefits.

Strange Things
Kulga (Survival; 17)
Nella (Aid Kulga's Survival; 21)
Fuzzfoot (Perception; 26)
The party has already acquired max benefits.

Urgent Repairs
Nella (Craft: Musical Instruments; 17)
Kulga (CMB; 25)
Fuzzfoot (Disable Device; 28)
The party has already acquired max benefits.
Potions Selected:
Kulga - Fly
Nella - Oil of Daylight
Brayne - Fly
Fuzzfoot - ??

Useful Gossip
Kulga (Diplomacy; 20)
Nella (Aid Kulga's Diplomacy; 26)
Brayne (Diplomacy; 33)
Fuzzfoot [Knowledge (local); 30]
The party has already acquired max benefits.

Conditions:
Kulga's Spymaster Instructions - The party gains a +5 bonus to Stealth for the duration of the scenario, and they also allow you to halve your Armor Check Penalty for the purposes of that skill.

Fuzzfoot shows up and sets to work with Brayne, Kulga, and Nella trying to accomplish all of the venture-captains' tasks. (The link explains the appropriate skills for each task.)

As the eager Pathfinder races out the door of Skyreach, Master Farabellus calls out, "Whoah, Fuzzfoot. Listen up, everybody! Don't waste your time on tasks that are already complete. Your buddies, Brayne, Kulga, and Nella have already taken care of the urgent repairs, and gathered all the 'useful gossip'. Just focus on the other remaining tasks, okay?"

(Catch a Spy) The dextrous Fuzzfoot slips through the alleys and other dark paths through the city, looking for spies.
(Results) Unfortunately, Fuzzfoot slips on a puddle of nightsoil a matron tossed out her window. Perhaps if another Pathfinder could aid Kulga climbing up to a likely observation point used by the enemies spies...

(Defensive Wards) Fuzzfoot knows a thing or two about magical devices and applies his skill to enhancing the city's protective wards.
(Results) Having Fuzzfoot on the team will improve the team's own defenses, as well. (Instead of turning any confirmed critical hit into a normal hit once during the scenario, the team can force an opponent to reroll an attack once during the adventure.)

(Evacuation Notice) Fuzzfoot assists Kulga trying to persuade the folks outside the walls to seek shelter inside the city.
(Results) His help is appreciated, but it's not yet enough to get all the threatened citizenry within the walls. Perhaps if another Pathfinder could also help Kulga...

(Reconnaissance) Fuzzfoot's got a keen eye for the bad guy, and he makes a tremendous scout.
(Results) Drandle Dreng is so impressed, he hands Fuzzfoot a small bundle to take back to the team. Each PC gains a single piece of +1 bane ammunition (such as an arrow, bolt, shuriken, or sling bullet). The bane weapon special ability is keyed to a creature type (and subtype, if applicable) of the PC’s choice.
Bane Ammunition Selected and Creature Type:
Kulga - ??
Nella - ??
Brayne - ??
Fuzzfoot - ??

(Strange Things) Heeding Venture-Captain Zarta Dralneen's call to keep his eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary, Fuzzfoot sees a some odd footprints.
(Results) Following the skeletal footprints, Fuzzfoot notices that the supports of a bridge have been sabotaged. Once during the adventure, when the group encounters one or more undead opponents, the group can activate this reward to grant the PCs a +4 bonus on their initiative checks for that encounter.

Fuzzfoot returns back to the Grand Lodge and joins Nella, Kulga, and Brayne, taking a knee and sipping some water from his canteen.

Master Farabellus approaches you, "Well done, so far, Pathfinders. The only tasks that remain are catching any spies and delivering the rest of the evacuation notices. Maybe the other members of your team can help, if you're sure you've done all you can do."

You start selecting your personal preference of bane ammunition and a potion, if you haven't already done so. (In addition to the six potions of cure serious wounds for the party, each PC can choose to receive a 3rd-level potion that has no expensive material components. Please indicate which potion each of you is choosing.)

Everyone, please review the current tally of attempts in the spoiler above, and let me know if I need to correct anything. Each PC may attempt each task once, either on his or her own, or to aid another--provided the PC uses the same skill as the PC who made the earlier check.

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf LN Slayer 7| HP 67/67 | AC 25(26), T 13, FF 24 CMD 25 | F +9(12), R +8(11), W +5(8) | Init +3 | Perc +12 | SM +12 |

Kulga will take a Evil Outsider Bane Arrow

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

Heavy clouds are gathering above Absalom, and the city is tense with anticipation of the coming battle. Suddenly, bright light patterns flash from atop Skyreach. A few minutes later, the sound of an explosion rumbles through the city as an old wooden granary erupts in flames. A little farther away, a stone bridge collapses, dropping a group of soldiers to their deaths. Soon the air is alive with frightened screams, the sound of hurried footsteps, and moments later, the booming blare of a brass horn that rises above the din of a city in chaos. A messenger runs past, shouting: “The horn! We should gather at the Grand Lodge! Let’s go!”

GMs, you have one day to complete the mustering and preparation section. I will signal the beginning of part 2 tomorrow (October 2nd).

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Though she'd still been doing what she could to help with the various tasks, Nella doesn't need to be told twice when the call goes out to reconvene at the Grand Lodge.

"This looks...this looks even worse than the time that the Aspis broke in...or when that dragon showed up..." she says aloud to no one in particular, eyes full of worry. "Come on, let's go!"

And she hurries back towards the Grand Lodge...

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) Battle Oracle 6 hp 51 Fort +5 (+2 circumstance bonus vs. cold weather), Ref +5, Will +7; +1 trait bonus vs. fear CG Init +4 (roll twice); Senses Perception +11 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, Speed 35 (25 in armor).

OOC- Jumping in late, will be casting Blindness (DC 16 vs. Fort) into my Spell Storing Armor.

"I will help you warning the good people of this place."
Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

"Now that the people have been sufficiently warned, I will help you catch the spy!"
Acrobatics (Aid): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"May the Great Spirits of the Four Winds protect us in this, our time of great need."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

(Evacuation Notice) The recently arrived Shoanti battle oracle, Caller of the Eastern Storm, range-walks to the nearest gates and offers encouragement to the refugees moving into the city.
(Results) Aiding Nella and Kulga, Caller of the Eastern Storms persuades the elderly and the infirm to get the lead out. As the last refugee stumbles through, the Watch slams the massive gates shut with an ominous, booming thud. (Once during the adventure: one PC can reroll any one d20 roll.)

(Catch a Spy) Filled with confidence at his early success, the Shoanti oracle sets out to help Fuzzfoot catch one of the enemy spies.
(Results) As Caller of the Eastern Storm tries to exit the Lodge, he finds himself stuck, jammed in a narrow doorway with Nella.

The party has picked up all the clues and maxed out the benefits from all tasks, save one:
To Catch a Spy.
Relevant Skills: Acrobatics (apply any Acrobatics modifiers for jumping) or Climb. A successful DC25 check is needed to max out the benefits of completing the task.
Attempts Made
Kulga (Climb; 21)
Nella (Acrobatics to Aid Fuzzfoot; 4)
Fuzzfoot (Acrobatics; 16)
Caller (Acrobatics to Aid Fuzzfoot; 5)
Perhaps Brayne could try to catch a spy himself, or if Lancyn Pendragon were to finally report for duty, maybe the paladin could save the day... Kulga's Climb check would also work, if both Brayne and Lancyn successfully Aid Another (Kulga).

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Invulnerable 2 Oracle 5 HP:69/69(81) | AC:8(6) T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:8 CMD:16 | Saves F:+8 R:-0 W:+6/8 | Init:-2 | Per:+0 | Rage:9/9 | Spells 1: 7/7 Spells 2 : 5/5 |

Brayne did attempt the catch the spy roll unfortunately, got a result of 5 while trying to aid Kulga.

Brayne is exhausted during the whole ordeal and limps back to the lodge while mumbling under his breath, as if he was having a long conversation.

Kulga will receive Brayne's +1 human bane arrow.

Silver Crusade

In Play| Human (Varisian) Male LG Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 37/49 | AC 22, T 12, FF 20 | CMD 20 | F +9 R +6 W +7 | Init +2 | Per +0, SM +8, Ling +6 | Speed 30 ft | Smite Evil 1/2 Light 0/1 Lay on Hands 2/4 | Spells - 1st: 2/2 | Active Conditions: None. | Aura of Good, Aura of Courage | Re-Roll (+2) 1/1

Lancyn heads off after hearing of possible espionage following after Kulga he clambers up the wall.

Climb -ACP: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 2 = 21Woot!
Nat 20!

sorry for the tardy check in but I hope my roll helps ;)

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Lancyn Pendragon, paladin of the Inheritor, reports for duty. "Sorry I'm late. Just needed to polish my arms and armor and put a little product in my hair. But fear not, Pathfinders, I am here now!"

Osprey rolls his eyes, "Catch me a spy, and I won't report your tardiness to Ollysta Zadrian."

(Catch a Spy) Marching down the cobblestone streets of Absalom, the paladin passes an old woman selling food for pigeons. "Tuppence! Only tuppence a bag!"
Lancyn offers her a winsome smile but no coin, "Sorry, ma'am, but I'm on a mission from god."
(Results) A few steps later, Lancyn pulls up. Wait a minute! Those were no slippers, they were heavy boots!
The Varisian turns on a dime and chases after the woman, who drops her sack of old bread along with her pretense. She scurries up a tree and reaches for the gutter at the edge of a tiled roof.
Ignoring the weight of his mithral breastplate and the heavy shield on his back, Lancyn climbs limb-over-limb like a Sczarni catburglar. He catches hold of the woman's skirt and yanks.
Down falls the skirt and the woman with it. Sprawled on the boardwalk, clothing in disarray, she's quite a sight. The paladin regards his catch, and self-satisfaction turns to shock. That's not your mother, it's a man, baby!

Lancyn drags the exposed spy back to the Lodge.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

We await the Overseer GM's next announcement. In the meantime, please:
1. If you haven't yet selected a level-3 or lower potion (no expensive components) to go with your potion of CSW, please do so.
2. If you haven't yet selected a single piece of +1 bane ammunition and indicated the creature type/subtype it's keyed to, please do so.
3. If you haven't yet looked at the slides, selected your positions in the standard march orders, and entered your PC's info, as well as your Perception and Initiative modifiers, please do so.
4. Roll your Day Jobs in the Discussion Thread.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) Battle Oracle 6 hp 51 Fort +5 (+2 circumstance bonus vs. cold weather), Ref +5, Will +7; +1 trait bonus vs. fear CG Init +4 (roll twice); Senses Perception +11 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, Speed 35 (25 in armor).

"In addition to the divine power of the healing potion, I will take one that allows me to fly... and a arrow that kills evil creatures from other planes, thank you for your kind gifts."

(Taking his cue from the other members of the party, Caller hands his the arrow of Bane vs. Evil Outsiders to Kulga), "Shoot straight and true."

(Caller then addresses at the group as a whole), "If any of you have armor that is not enchanted by magic, gods or the spirits of your ancestors, I can place a temporary protection upon you... if you so desire."

OoC-Caller will cast Magic Vestment on up to two of the members of the party. Also GM Lorenzo, please note that due to Caller's War Sight Ability, he receives TWO rolls for initiative and chooses the highest result.

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

Several agents assist in marshaling Pathfinders as Marcos Farabellus unfurls several maps of Absalom’s districts. Once a crowd has gathered, he straightens to address the gathered Society. “Pathfinders, Absalom is under attack. We have received many reports of undead saboteurs attacking armories, granaries, water supplies, and guard outposts—targeted strikes to undermine our city’s infrastructure. Absalom is losing key resources, and enough people are panicking that it’s difficult to organize an effective defense.”

Zarta Dralneen, head of the Dark Archive faction, steps forward and interjects. “I have learned someone—someone who knows our home well—has stolen the Black Echelon codebook from our archives. A force of Taldan agents attacked Absalom long ago while following those encoded orders, and with the right combination of illuminated signals, one could draw these oathsworn operatives from beyond the grave to continue their attack.”

Farabellus narrows his eyes. “That explains the acts of sabotage. Absalom’s First Guard is struggling to restore order, and they need our help. Pathfinders, stand by for instructions!”

Ollysta Zadrian of the Silver Crusade raises her sword high, announcing, “We should not wait—Absalom needs us now!” Clasping the paladin’s upraised hand with her own, Lady Gloriana Morilla adds, “Each of us has accumulated considerable influence and resources in recent years, and this is the prime opportunity for each of us to lend Absalom our strength in its our of need. We may call ourselves factions, but today we can act as one!”

Nodding with approval, Marcos Farabellus calls out to the assembled Pathfinders. “It’s decided. Pathfinders, we’re deferring to the specialized expertise of these seven organizations to rally Absalom. Seek out the leaders for instructions, and make the city proud.”

Table GMs, Part 2 has begun.

Sovereign Court

CG Male Halfling Empiricist Investigator 3 / Alchemist 2| HP: 29/30 | AC: 22 21 (16 Tch, 17 FF) | CMD: 15 | F: +5+1, R: +10+1, W: +4+1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +15+2/+16+2TF, SM: +13 | Active conditions: Cloak+1, Luck #10, Reduce Person

"Sounds like there is plenty to do. Has anyone seen Lady Gloriana Morilla?"

Not seeing her around, he decides to head toward Zarta. "Protecting resources is key to a long siege, but it sounds like preventing the encoded orders is critical to our success. Where can we start?"

Fuzzy downs his extract of heightened awareness as soon as they have a mission.

I'm just winging it here, so if anyone has a better plan...

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"I'd like to see what Ollysta might need us to do," Nella admits, her ties and loyalty to the Silver Crusade the strongest out of the seven individual organizations, "but prioritizing is the most important thing, like Fuzzfoot says. Does anyone have a better idea?"

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Invulnerable 2 Oracle 5 HP:69/69(81) | AC:8(6) T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:8 CMD:16 | Saves F:+8 R:-0 W:+6/8 | Init:-2 | Per:+0 | Rage:9/9 | Spells 1: 7/7 Spells 2 : 5/5 |

In his own interest, Brayne speaks projecting himself with confidence. "It is the best interest of the Pathfinder Society that we learn more of the Black Echelon, and what interest this scoundrel's have in attempting to obtain. I believe the good lady Zarta will know what best to do in this time, let us seek her infinite wisdom."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

During this part of the adventure, each table can choose from seven missions, each of which takes place in a different part of Absalom and plays to the strengths and interests of one of the seven Pathfinder Society factions. The Pathfinders can attempt the missions in any order.

Handout #1 will help you choose and keep track of these missions. It’s unlikely you have time to complete all seven missions, so you should consider starting with those associated with your own factions or those that best match your PCs’ abilities. The group can undertake a faction’s mission even if the table doesn’t have a member of that faction present. For the purpose of tracking spell durations, assume that each mission takes about 30 minutes to complete.

Zarta Dralneen, leader of the Dark Archive faction, meets with you on the ground floor of Skyreach in the Grand Lodge. An overburdened table creaks in protest under the weight of ledgers and indices as Zarta Dralneen examines the records.

"Hopefully you’ve already heard about the missing Black Echelon codebook, Pathfinders. It’s a centuries-old volume that details scores of colored light patterns, each of which directed Taldan saboteurs to destroy a particular facility or perform some other action. Somebody—somebody who knew their way around the Grand Lodge and its vaults—stole the codebook and has used it to bring the oathbound Taldan spies back from the grave."

"Fortunately, the codebook that was stolen from the Grand Lodge is not the only copy; it was an approved copy of the original, which in turn is kept in a restricted wing of the Forae Logos library. With the original codebook, we might be able to disrupt their operation by sending contradictory signals of our own. The Forae Logos is a close ally of the Dark Archive, and you have Second Archivist Sandaril’s blessing to retrieve the codebook from the library."

As soon as you're ready, you travel to the Forae Logos library in the Wise Quarter district.

(Going with the Rule of Two. Another post follows... )

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) Battle Oracle 6 hp 51 Fort +5 (+2 circumstance bonus vs. cold weather), Ref +5, Will +7; +1 trait bonus vs. fear CG Init +4 (roll twice); Senses Perception +11 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, Speed 35 (25 in armor).

"Do you expect there to be any dangers in the 'restricted wing of the Forae Logos Library?"

Regardless of Zarta's answer, Caller prepares for the possibly of some type of encounter... as has been standard in his adventures thus far.

Upon arrival to the restricted wing of the library, Caller will cast Bless upon the party and Protection from Evil upon himself.

"May the spirits of the Tamiir-Quah guide and protect us... against whatever lies beyond this portal."

*Bless and Protection of Evil duration 6 minutes*

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

As you approach the entrance to the library, you can hear a racket coming from inside. As you enter the building, you notice signs of disarray and violence: books strewn about on the floor, blood spatters on the walls, and a smell of smoke in the air. Second Archivist Sandaril is nowhere to be seen.

Instinctively drawn to the location where their codebook is stored, Black Echelon operatives are rummaging through the library and are now chasing a group of librarians about the center of the reading room.

The crowd of librarians, severely injured and carrying unconscious colleagues, are huddled together in a 10-foot-by-10-foot area.

Strange, though, you don't hear the slightest sound from the creatures or the librarians they're attacking.

Knowledge (religion) DC13:
The creatures are Black Echelon Operatives, medium-sized undead creatures. For every 5 you exceed the DC, you may ask one question from this list.

Initiative:

Lancyn: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Nella: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Brayne: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13
Kulga: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Caller: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Fuzzfoot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Black Echelon Operatives: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Caller 2nd Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Conditions:
Hazard: The group of librarians counts as difficult terrain and grants soft cover.
Kulga's Spymaster Instructions - The party gains a +5 bonus to Stealth for the duration of the scenario, and they also allow you to halve your Armor Check Penalty for the purposes of that skill.
Magic Vestment - Caller, _________, _________.
Heightened Awareness - Fuzzfoot

Map & Images

Round 1
Bold
may act.

Caller
Fuzzfoot

---
Black Echelon Operatives
---
Brayne
Lancyn
Nella
---
Librarians
---
Kulga
Caller

Caller and Fuzzfoot, you're up!
Everyone, please do your best to check in frequently and try to post twice a day or more often, if possible.
(Which two of you accepted Caller's magic vestment spell? Lancyn, still need some basic info from you. Please see the Discussion Thread.)

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"Seems simple enough," Nella remarks as they head to the Forae Logos. Before the group steps inside, she produces a wand and gives everyone a tap with it. "This'll help us get lucky," she says with a friendly wink.

Nella's Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Nella hits everyone with her wand of Lucky Number. Please roll your d20 and keep track of the result you get!
____________

Kn. Religion (DC 13): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

"Hey! There's the Black Echelon Operatives! Watch out for their _____ attack!" Nella cries.

1 to 50 of 544 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Lorenzo's #9-00: Assault on Absalom (Tier 5-6) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.