The Ruby Phoenix Tournament with GM Deadly Secret - Table 2 (Inactive)

Game Master Deadly secret


351 to 372 of 372 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 6 Init +1; AC 36/T 12/FF 35; (Imp Uncanny Dodge) CMD 31/FF 30 hp 131; Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +7; Perception +10

Sol continues to attack with his claws and fangs.
Claw, Claw, Bite: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 261d20 + 21 ⇒ (20) + 21 = 411d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 311d100 ⇒ 491d100 ⇒ 461d100 ⇒ 202d6 + 17 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 17 + (1) + (3) = 232d8 + 12 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 2) + 12 + (3) + (4) = 262d8 + 12 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 12 + (1) + (3) = 18
Welp, it looks like I missed all my attacks due to miss chance. :(


Kurasu swiftly knocks the woman unconscious.

Out of Combat!

The crowd cheers as they see you are the victors.

For defeating Ganyavesha, the Emissary awards you a +2 monks spade.

Once again Yon’s Noodle house is open tonight with free food and drink. There are no more fights today. What would you like to do?


|| Temp effects: 8/8 Ki Points remaining. | 10/10 rounds of Haste Available | Level loss: -8 HP. -1 to all ability checks, attack rolls and combat maneuver checks. -1 to AC and Outflank feat and sweeping maneuver is lost HP 91/91(83/83) | AC22 tch22 FF17 | CMD28/FF23 | F+13 R+15 W+13 | CMD +2 Disarm/Grapple/Reposition +4 Trip and all Grant an AoO | | Performance Combat +6 | Acrobatics+19 | Escape Artist +19 | Perception+17 | Stealth+17

Radrick sees the enemy drop and takes a moment to relax. He is badly hurt and drained by the evil of the woman's weapons. Before climbing down he kicks her kukri off of the platform.

Using 2 of his remaining Ki points to heal himself of 10 damage, then climbing down.

Checking with Kurasu to see if his magic can restore the life loss. The rules indicate that temporary level loss can be restored by a day of rest and making the saving throw. Since there was no save I assume this was a permanent loss? Either way since there was no save it would require a Restoration spell if I understand the rules. ??


We will get to that when it matters, but for now you are stuck with the negative level. Please make sure you put that in your stats.


HP 103/103 AC 33 T 19 FF 26, Fort +13, Ref +12, Will +9, CMD 30, Init +6, perception +15

Not sure how I'm supposed to get introduced. Do I just wander to the tavern for the old cliche?


Male Tengu Warpriest of Hei Feng | HP: 70/70 | AC22 tch20 FF19 I CMD34/FF32 |F10 R9 W14 (+5 vs enchantment effects) | Init: +2 | Perception: +19 I Sense Motive +18

Most of the times you get a Fortitude Save after 24 hours or the negative level becomes permanent. It's just a guess though, we'll have to see...

After defeating the woman Kurasu sprouts huge black raven wings from his back. Encouraged by the cheering of the crowd the Tengu would try to put on a show, celebrating their victory. Interweaving Loopings with some of his own characteristic dance moves inspired by the flow of the wind.

Fly Check: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Performance Dance: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

Pretty self-satisfied with his performance he glides down to the bottom of the arena in wide circles.

"By Hei Feng!" the Tengu shousd as he spotts his companion Radrick. "I didn't know you got hit this badly, the wounds did look like superficial scratches to me at first... Was that kukri enhanced by magic?" , Kurasu checks on Radrick.

"Well those wounds certainly did more damage than they should have done." the Tengu frowns, " Here let me help you with my mending powers... though I do not think, I have the capabilities to deal with the loss of your life energy right away, I should be able to heal you if I pray to my god to give me the means to do so, if it doesn't get better by tomorrow I'll look into it."

Cure Critical Wounds: 4d8 + 11 ⇒ (7, 8, 2, 7) + 11 = 35

Cure Critical Wounds: 4d8 + 11 ⇒ (5, 2, 2, 8) + 11 = 28

Loosing debilitating portent and freedom of movement

In the direction of Sol the Tengu squawks " You did pretty good up there my scaly friend. Are you in need of patching up too?"

"Well done, if I might say so myself. I think we all did a good chunk of work today. Considering we did pretty well in both of those fights I'd say celebrations are in order!" , the Tengu smiles smug at his two companions. "So what are we gonna do tonight? Wash down the dirt and blood of the arena with some good old sake and tales of our heroic battles? My treat!"


Oh sorry, it's assumed in this adventure that' you've been with them the whole time. So gotta pretend I suppose.


|| Temp effects: 8/8 Ki Points remaining. | 10/10 rounds of Haste Available | Level loss: -8 HP. -1 to all ability checks, attack rolls and combat maneuver checks. -1 to AC and Outflank feat and sweeping maneuver is lost HP 91/91(83/83) | AC22 tch22 FF17 | CMD28/FF23 | F+13 R+15 W+13 | CMD +2 Disarm/Grapple/Reposition +4 Trip and all Grant an AoO | | Performance Combat +6 | Acrobatics+19 | Escape Artist +19 | Perception+17 | Stealth+17

Radrick breaths much easier with Kurasu's healing and nods at his assessment. "I didn't notice any spell casting so I assume it was her weapon. I just felt like some of what makes me who I am being drawn into it when she hit. That's why I kicked them off of the platform. Those things are evil and shouldn't have been allowed into this tournament!"

"Your treat? Lead the way my friend!"


HP 103/103 AC 33 T 19 FF 26, Fort +13, Ref +12, Will +9, CMD 30, Init +6, perception +15

As he is now part of the group, Nils follows along to the tavern. "None of that Saki. It tastes funny. I'll take ale if they have it. "


When those of you who go to Yon Loi’s, you come across a bloodied and bruised Tian-La man huddled on the side of the path to the noodle house door.

If you approach him, he shies away from you, muttering something about not knowing what he was getting into.

What do you do?


|| Temp effects: 8/8 Ki Points remaining. | 10/10 rounds of Haste Available | Level loss: -8 HP. -1 to all ability checks, attack rolls and combat maneuver checks. -1 to AC and Outflank feat and sweeping maneuver is lost HP 91/91(83/83) | AC22 tch22 FF17 | CMD28/FF23 | F+13 R+15 W+13 | CMD +2 Disarm/Grapple/Reposition +4 Trip and all Grant an AoO | | Performance Combat +6 | Acrobatics+19 | Escape Artist +19 | Perception+17 | Stealth+17

Seeing the wounded man muttering to himself Radrick waves the team over. "Sir. Pardon any disruption of your business, but perhaps our healer could at least give you some comfort for your wounds? And is there anything else that we could do to assist you?"

If he allows Kurasu could cast a cure spell. I don't have any points in Diplomacy though so....

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 Hmmmm...


HP 103/103 AC 33 T 19 FF 26, Fort +13, Ref +12, Will +9, CMD 30, Init +6, perception +15

"What do you man getting into?" he asks the man sternly.


The man seems to respond to your kind assistance. "Thank you for your kindness. I had a run-in with a gang of Golden League enforcers who came to collect a debt from yesterday’s round of competition. When I explained to the thugs that I would have their money once tomorrow’s round was over, they told me I wouldn’t be able to place any more bets and would need to pay them back in blood. After beating me, they took the few pieces of silver I had on me and left me lying in the street."


Male Nagaji Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 6 Init +1; AC 36/T 12/FF 35; (Imp Uncanny Dodge) CMD 31/FF 30 hp 131; Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +7; Perception +10

Will have a post up tomorrow.
Really sorry for taking so long everyone, been pretty overwhelmed and stressed out lately. :/


|| Temp effects: 8/8 Ki Points remaining. | 10/10 rounds of Haste Available | Level loss: -8 HP. -1 to all ability checks, attack rolls and combat maneuver checks. -1 to AC and Outflank feat and sweeping maneuver is lost HP 91/91(83/83) | AC22 tch22 FF17 | CMD28/FF23 | F+13 R+15 W+13 | CMD +2 Disarm/Grapple/Reposition +4 Trip and all Grant an AoO | | Performance Combat +6 | Acrobatics+19 | Escape Artist +19 | Perception+17 | Stealth+17

While Kurasu casts a curative spell on the man Radrick pulls out two gold coins and offers them to the man. "While I don't bet, and don't recommend betting through the illegal channels that put you in such danger, perhaps in the future you should put a silver or three on us. Not that I think you'll find many that will bet against us."

"Would it cause you any trouble if we report the attack to the authorities? We wouldn't want to cause harm while trying to do good. ??"

Unless the man indicates that he could be in trouble for telling of his troubles I think we should report the attack and ask around about any other suspicious activities....


"Oh geez thank you sir. I don't know if telling the authorities will do much as the Golden League will always find ways but as long as you don't bring my name up... I don't want to be labeled a snitch." He takes the coin and gives his thanks.


Is there anything else you would like to do or say or shall we move onto the next day?


HP 103/103 AC 33 T 19 FF 26, Fort +13, Ref +12, Will +9, CMD 30, Init +6, perception +15

Are we supposed to rough up the thugs? I'm game to do it, if it is an expected encounter.


|| Temp effects: 8/8 Ki Points remaining. | 10/10 rounds of Haste Available | Level loss: -8 HP. -1 to all ability checks, attack rolls and combat maneuver checks. -1 to AC and Outflank feat and sweeping maneuver is lost HP 91/91(83/83) | AC22 tch22 FF17 | CMD28/FF23 | F+13 R+15 W+13 | CMD +2 Disarm/Grapple/Reposition +4 Trip and all Grant an AoO | | Performance Combat +6 | Acrobatics+19 | Escape Artist +19 | Perception+17 | Stealth+17

Go and report this to the authorities. About my lost level. Do I need a restoration spell? A saving throw? Something else?


You will need a restoration spell if you want it removed right away. Other than that you'll have a chance to save again later the next day.

Your party reports to any authorities and you learn gambling isn't allowed and they will look into it. You all head to the Inn after eating to get your sleep.

Day 3

The morning of the third day of the Ruby Phoenix Tournament is dismal and rainy. A steady drizzle lasts well into the afternoon, when the rain lets off, though thick, gray cloud cover remains.

There are no fights or exhibitions for you this morning but some fights are going on at the Grand Pavilion on the towers.

What would you like to do?


HP 103/103 AC 33 T 19 FF 26, Fort +13, Ref +12, Will +9, CMD 30, Init +6, perception +15

Nils will go watch a headline match.


|| Temp effects: 8/8 Ki Points remaining. | 10/10 rounds of Haste Available | Level loss: -8 HP. -1 to all ability checks, attack rolls and combat maneuver checks. -1 to AC and Outflank feat and sweeping maneuver is lost HP 91/91(83/83) | AC22 tch22 FF17 | CMD28/FF23 | F+13 R+15 W+13 | CMD +2 Disarm/Grapple/Reposition +4 Trip and all Grant an AoO | | Performance Combat +6 | Acrobatics+19 | Escape Artist +19 | Perception+17 | Stealth+17

I'll wait for the save. Restoration is a costly spell.

Radrick is fine going to watch the matches. Sometimes being a spectator is nice.

351 to 372 of 372 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Ruby Phoenix Tournament with GM Deadly Secret - Table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.