The Road to Minkai: Dragoncat's Jade Regent (Party 2)

Game Master Dragoncat

5 PCs are picked
To journey to a far land
To reclaim a throne.

Current Date: Toilday, 30th of Desnus, 4715 AR

Current Chapter: Night of Frozen Shadows

Map of Kalsgard

Loot List!

Ravenscraeg, Cliff Level

Ravenscraeg, Upper Level

Ravenscraeg, Dungeon Level 1

Ravenscraeg, Dungeon Level 2


5,101 to 5,124 of 5,124 << first < prev | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | next > last >>

Reflex Save?: 1d20 ⇒ 12

The zombie thrashes for a moment as the jet of fire hits him, then goes still as the flames start to consume the body.

The other zombie lurches towards Kavell...

Acrobatics?: 1d20 ⇒ 13

...and manages to keep its footing on the grease as it swings a decaying arm at him.

Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage?: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The zombie's fist hits him right in the gut.

Kasha!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kasha Female Human Shaman (Nature Spirit) 6 | HP: 42/50 | AC 16 (19) T12 FF14 | F+5 R+6 W+8 | Init +2 | Perception +10 |

Slipping past Sunday, Kasha brings her sickle across in a vicious, predatory slice through the zombie's neck.

+1 Sickle: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 = 27
1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

+1 Sicle (confirm): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20
1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7


Kasha hacks the zombie's head off with one good swing.

The sound of arcane magic crackling is coming from the room to the northwest.

Spellcraft DC 16:
It sounds like the half-troll just cast a mage armour spell.

Friday & Kavell!


HP 58/58 | AC 18/12/16 CMD 23 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Initiative +9
Skills:
Painting +9 Perception +14 Stealth +18
Favored Enemy Human +4 Native Outsider +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

Friday will move to the next room.

Is there a door in the way?


There is. The secret door is open, but the actual door into the room is closed. You can get to the secret door through the grease patch.


HP 58/58 | AC 18/12/16 CMD 23 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Initiative +9
Skills:
Painting +9 Perception +14 Stealth +18
Favored Enemy Human +4 Native Outsider +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

Forgot about that, how do I maneuver through the grease?


This page has what you need to know. :)


HP 58/58 | AC 18/12/16 CMD 23 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Initiative +9
Skills:
Painting +9 Perception +14 Stealth +18
Favored Enemy Human +4 Native Outsider +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Friday strides forward and opens the door.


Female Rakshasa-Spawn Tiefling Arcanist 6 | HP 17/26 | AC 14 T 13 FF 12 | Ft +3 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +6 | Perc +5 (+7 if Xel within arm's reach)

If the one who cast it can dismiss a Grease spell, then assume Valeria did the moment the zombies were down so that none of us have to make an acrobatics check to move through.


Boxes and sacks lie neatly stacked in the chamber beyond the secret door. Shelves holding orderly bins have been built into the walls. A wooden locker stands beneath the shelves. Despite the seeming order to this room, a faint charnel reek underlies the place.

The half-troll mage turns and glares at Friday, preparing another spell.

Kavell!


Male Aasimar Paladin (Hospitaler)4 Cleric 1 | HP: 27/38 | AC 15 T2 FF15 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | Init +2 | Perception +10 | LOH 5 of 6/day

acrobatics dc 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Despite the slick footing he moved quickly slipping past Friday.

"Look Suishen, the evil doer."

He said simply Slicing low.

attack the troll fellow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 12
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + (6) = 16

I dont think the 12 hit... a shame that was 6 points of fire damage if it had *lawls*


The half-troll snorts in contempt and hops over Kavell's slice. Suishen chuckles. "Fear not! 'Tis merely a setback!"

Goti grumbles. "Of COURSE you rescued that dullard of a blade..."

Valeria & Kasha!


Kasha Female Human Shaman (Nature Spirit) 6 | HP: 42/50 | AC 16 (19) T12 FF14 | F+5 R+6 W+8 | Init +2 | Perception +10 |

Moving to just outside the door, Kasha stands back against the wall, her baleful glare amplifying Kavell's righteous anger, filling him with the need to punish the enemy before him

Fury hex;Kavell +2 morale bonus on attack rolls and a +2 resistance bonus on saving throws against fear for next 3 rounds


Female Rakshasa-Spawn Tiefling Arcanist 6 | HP 17/26 | AC 14 T 13 FF 12 | Ft +3 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +6 | Perc +5 (+7 if Xel within arm's reach)

Moving past Kasha, Valeria conjured up more grease, filling the space under and behind Goti.

Aiming to cover the four northern squares of the room - leaving the square Kavell's in and the one to the right of it clear for people to stand on safely.


Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

This time, Goti is prepared for the incoming grease, and effortlessly keeps his balance.

He intones another spell...

Defensive Casting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

...and manages to complete it while playing keep-away with both Friday and Kavell.

There's a rumbling of stone as the floor suddenly gives way beneath them! The southeast corner of the storeroom remains standing!

Friday and Kavell, please give me Reflex Saves. If you roll higher than 14, you do not fall into the 20-foot pit that Goti just created beneath you. Friday will be forced back, Kavell will be forced into the room.

Possible Fall Damage?: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

Friday and Kavell!


Male Aasimar Paladin (Hospitaler)4 Cleric 1 | HP: 27/38 | AC 15 T2 FF15 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | Init +2 | Perception +10 | LOH 5 of 6/day

reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
reflex grease: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
attack from prone,Fury hex: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (5) = 15

His move forward away for the sudden pit looked divine and for a moment his innate graces seemed almost enough to let him keep to the fight. Then his feet went out from under him. A quick curse escaped his lips, no doubt learned from his lover Kelda, and brought out but the fury building in him. But that didnt keep him from slashing hard at the half troll Goti, Suishen still aflame.

At least im guessing that I would have to make a save versus the grease for leaping into the room yeah?


HP 58/58 | AC 18/12/16 CMD 23 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Initiative +9
Skills:
Painting +9 Perception +14 Stealth +18
Favored Enemy Human +4 Native Outsider +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"Kick him down here." Friday growls out after falling into the hole.


Goti sneers at the prone paladin and nimbly hops over the oncoming Suishen again. "To your feet, young warrior! Or wouldst thou flail like a tantrum-throwing child?!" Suishen orders.

Friday, you can attempt a DC 25 Climb check to start climbing out of the pit.

Kasha & Valeria!


HP 58/58 | AC 18/12/16 CMD 23 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Initiative +9
Skills:
Painting +9 Perception +14 Stealth +18
Favored Enemy Human +4 Native Outsider +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

The max I could get is a 24


Kasha Female Human Shaman (Nature Spirit) 6 | HP: 42/50 | AC 16 (19) T12 FF14 | F+5 R+6 W+8 | Init +2 | Perception +10 |

Seeing the half-troll standing over her companions and dominating the fight so far Kasha utters a low sound of annoyance that almost sounds like a growl. Chanting in druidic, she completes a complex gesture as she rises off the ground in a rush of wind. She quickly flies into the room and up, staying near the ceiling to avoid both grease and any more pit spells he might have in store.

Cast fly, fly up to ceiling level.


Female Rakshasa-Spawn Tiefling Arcanist 6 | HP 17/26 | AC 14 T 13 FF 12 | Ft +3 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +6 | Perc +5 (+7 if Xel within arm's reach)

With the grease not really helping, Valeria dismissed it as she repositioned to try and get a better sight on the enemy.

Forgot that dismissing a spell is a standard action.


The half-troll sneers at Kavell before turning his attention to the flying Kasha. He starts trying to cast a spell...

Defensive Casting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

...but unfortunately for him, he's so focused on not leaving himself open for attack that he loses concentration on his spell. He grumbles.

Friday & Kavell!

Friday:
The pit seems to rise up slightly. The rough-hewn sides seem to become more stable and solid as the spell runs its course.

The DC to climb out has been reduced to 20.


HP 58/58 | AC 18/12/16 CMD 23 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Initiative +9
Skills:
Painting +9 Perception +14 Stealth +18
Favored Enemy Human +4 Native Outsider +2 | Darkvision 30ft | Vampiric Touch 1/1

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Tis my lot in life.


Male Aasimar Paladin (Hospitaler)4 Cleric 1 | HP: 27/38 | AC 15 T2 FF15 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | Init +2 | Perception +10 | LOH 5 of 6/day

Despite the chance their foe would strike at him he rose from the floor where he had slipped. He wanted to remind the sword that unlike it, he could die from a stray claw or blade from rushing into things... but instead he took a deep breath, half rolled to the side and rose to his feet.

attack, Fury hex: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + (6) = 17

Perhaps he had hurried too much, he was on his feet and swinging at least.

5,101 to 5,124 of 5,124 << first < prev | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Road to Minkai: Dragoncat's Jade Regent Gameplay Thread (Party 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.